Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 6 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Dice Bot Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:48 am

The member 'GundamChief' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 97, 44, 45

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 6 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:33 am

GundamChief wrote:Huh...well...I suppose that would be one way to avoid the fate of him falling out the window. More than likely I will end up with more apprentices before it's all over if I am stuck here, which I am. Having the favor the local Force Spirits would be a good thing to have. Plus there's the fact that Bran is more than likely that hero reborn for when the White Walkers begin their campaign into the lands of men, bringing about a second Long Night.

I nod at him before I meditate some more, and then move onward south.

You feel a little something but you're not sure what... something about the Living Force.

No offense...but I've already given you all you needed to determine how the battle will go and write it out as you want. If I have to give more, then I might as well narrate the battle myself, which I will win because 'Jedi'.

Don't so so sure...

As the men begin to close in on me, I parry, and slash their blades back before using the force to lift and throw them into their comrades. The leader gets special treatment as he gets thrown like a rag doll into the high point of a tree to either fall or watch as he hangs there.

Actually he's pretty quick and surprisingly agile and manages to dodge the first few blows. Basically you gotta say you're impressed. He was able to keep up with a Jedi until you used the force...

I make a point to not kill the men as they fight me. I aim to disarm and show that their lives are not worth killing me over. Should they prove to be more than a small amount of stupid in continuing to try and kill me, or give in to rage, than I will end that man's life as they are bandits for the fun, not because they have no choice.

Complicated issue and banditry is a vicious cycle... but still. The leader doesn't let up until you kill him, and he actually manages to almost stab you. Thankfully the large billowing Jedi robe can make aiming difficult.

When it is all said and done, and they are either all run off, or dead, and if the captain is still alive, I make a show of levitating him and then making him face me as his body hangs parallel to the ground.

"...Do yourself a favor...and find a more legitimate line of work. Lest I come and have to find you...and end it for good." than drop him.

He dead. You kinda cut him in half.

His men run for the hills.

But he did have... hmm... 2d6 stags on 'em

Doe eyed looks I happily ignore. I give her the attention a child like her should receive. the ones given to a child. Were she in her late teens and early 20s, that'd be different.

She pouts a bit. But the father doesn't seem displeased, that's for sure.

I tell them of the things I have seen to the lands further south, such as Kings Landing. Using the show as a basis for what I have seen of the city, both good and bad. I tell of the hustle and bustle of the city, and the shiny things kids want to hear, but I also tell the dangers I have seen, ommiting just how bad it really is. Though I leave enough in to allow the adults to read between the lines, and use it as a warning in case the children decide to go away when they come of age.

They're spellbound. People this far north doesn't hear much about anything...

I tell them of Dragonstone Castle, how it was built on the edge of a the cliff upon the island of the same name. How it was built strong and practically impenetrable by the tygarians of the past. How I had seen Lord Stannis himself, and heard him speak. He was a strong, strict man, serious upon his duties.

Targaryen :p

And they're spellbound...

Lastly I tell of the farthest thing I had seen was when I had been in the Land of Essos. During my time in the free cities, I had seen the trades markets, where any and all things were sold. Fine Silks, Spices, weapons...and people. The most intimidating thing I had seen were not the leaders, or the elites, but the Dothraki. Warrior nomads who rode on horseback, raid small villages and settlements, and though they are divided by large groups known as clans, as a singular force, their numbers rival any combined military force of Westeros.

And what of your homeland?

Fortunately...they will not cross the sea, because they do not trust it. They have a belief that horses were made by divine beings as the purest of creatures. Horses cannot drink salt water, thus they both distrust and fear it. Because of this, no Dothraki will ever cross the sea, even while on ships.

Much thanks for that...

I believe these stories will sate the young minds, and old as well.

OH yes...

Next day?

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:You feel a little something but you're not sure what... something about the Living Force.

I might dig a bit for that, but otherwise move on.

He dead. You kinda cut him in half.

His men run for the hills.

But he did have... hmm... 2d6 stags on 'em

GundamChief carried out 2 launched of one d6 :
4 , 3

And what of your homeland?

Next day?

I give a sad smile. My lands are far, far away across the sea. where from here I wouldn't know. It isn't too different from Westeros however. We too have great men, terrible wars, and progress to reach up higher then we think ourselves to be. The one main difference between the two however are the knights of the land. the knights here are nobles given titles and fight for lords and their causes. While some are honorable, there are man who are more there for the status and power. In my land, there are the Jedi. An order of Knights errant who follow two codes. One for their faith, and other for their conduct.

"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
"

"Jedi are the guardians of peace in the world
Jedi use all their power to defend and to protect.
Jedi respect all people, and all life, regardless of form.
Jedi serve others rather than rule over them, for the good of the world.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
"

They do not seek status, nor riches, nor power. They seek justice, and peace.

Next day, I decide to help the man out with a hunt for a deer or something for the family as thanks. Once gotten, I give them good tidings and leave for Winterhold.

GundamChief carried out 1 launched of one d100 :
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:22 am

GundamChief wrote:I might dig a bit for that, but otherwise move on.

Alright.

7 stags.

I give a sad smile. My lands are far, far away across the sea. where from here I wouldn't know. It isn't too different from Westeros however. We too have great men, terrible wars, and progress to reach up higher then we think ourselves to be. The one main difference between the two however are the knights of the land. the knights here are nobles given titles and fight for lords and their causes. While some are honorable, there are man who are more there for the status and power. In my land, there are the Jedi. An order of Knights errant who follow two codes. One for their faith, and other for their conduct.

"If your knights don't rule the land, who does?"

The father looks at his son. "Obviously they just got lords like we do up here. Knights are an Andel thing... cuz these Jedi don't sound much like knights."

"What is your land called?"

Tell him about the Republic. Or don't. Your decision.

"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
"

"Wot's the Force?"

"Jedi are the guardians of peace in the world
Jedi use all their power to defend and to protect.
Jedi respect all people, and all life, regardless of form.
Jedi serve others rather than rule over them, for the good of the world.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
"

They do not seek status, nor riches, nor power. They seek justice, and peace.

The girl smiles dreamily. "Sounds wonderful..."

Next day, I decide to help the man out with a hunt for a deer or something for the family as thanks. Once gotten, I give them good tidings and leave for Winterhold.

Well, I'll give you this for free. You quickly find a dear. It's dead moments later... the hunter is shocked when you come in with a neatly killed dear almost before he's woken."

"M-master Jedi! You're too kind!"

Yeah. About that roll. You hear combat in the distance and find a man doing battle with a trio of bandits. He has brown hair and simple armor and has a shield with the symbol of a stag on it. Doesn't seem to be a Stark but probably one of the household...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:43 am

[quote="Psyckosama"]
GundamChief wrote:"If your knights don't rule the land, who does?"

The father looks at his son. "Obviously they just got lords like we do up here. Knights are an Andel thing... cuz these Jedi don't sound much like knights."

"What is your land called?"

Tell him about the Republic. Or don't. Your decision.

I decide to tell them of the republic. An edited down version of it obviously. How it is made of many kingdoms, and many people who voice their wishes and hopes through the senators who represent them as their voice in the senate. I tell them of some history, again edited, and make mention of how through it all the Jedi were there from the near beginning.

"Wot's the Force?"

I decide to tell them what the force is, simplified of course, and if asked how I can be sure it was real and not just mumbo jumbo, I smile and reach out with my hand and lift a large bowl of soup off the table, then the ladle, which I carefully then pour into my bowl, then place back down.

"and that is but a small portion what the force is, and can do."

Well, I'll give you this for free. You quickly find a dear. It's dead moments later... the hunter is shocked when you come in with a neatly killed dear almost before he's woken."

"M-master Jedi! You're too kind!"

I smile "this is nothing. It would be remiss of me to not give back what I can. Also..." I look upon his family and nod "I have seen your family. You have done well with what little you have, and even gave a place to stay for a total stranger. So I have decided to do what we Jedi do best."

I then take each, member gently, starting with the father and mother, and heal them with the force. then the children.

"There...now you are as healthy as can be. You also will find yourselves less likely to become sickly or ill. A gift of health."

Then before I really leave, I take my sword, and using my levitation, cut enough wood to last them a few months.

Yeah. About that roll. You hear combat in the distance and find a man doing battle with a trio of bandits. He has brown hair and simple armor and has a shield with the symbol of a stag on it. Doesn't seem to be a Stark but probably one of the household...

I decide to pull out my sword and force run to the fight.

As I pass by one, I slash to the side, before reverse blade handling the sword into his chest. The second one, I block the enemy strick before force pushing into his groin, and then spinning around before stabbing into his stomach. Should the third one attack me as well, I slide to the side and force pull him towards me, then punch him hard in the stomach before spinning and slashing his throat.

After its all said and done, I sheath the blade and look upon the man "Are you injured ser?"
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:49 am

GundamChief wrote:I decide to tell them of the republic. An edited down version of it obviously. How it is made of many kingdoms, and many people who voice their wishes and hopes through the senators who represent them as their voice in the senate. I tell them of some history, again edited, and make mention of how through it all the Jedi were there from the near beginning.

Now they're enthralled...

I decide to tell them what the force is, simplified of course, and if asked how I can be sure it was real and not just mumbo jumbo, I smile and reach out with my hand and lift a large bowl of soup off the table, then the ladle, which I carefully then pour into my bowl, then place back down.

"and that is but a small portion what the force is, and can do."

Jaws hit the floor...

"Y-you're a wizard!"

You sense a little fear but much wonder. After all, you're a friendly wizard.

I smile "this is nothing. It would be remiss of me to not give back what I can. Also..." I look upon his family and nod "I have seen your family. You have done well with what little you have, and even gave a place to stay for a total stranger. So I have decided to do what we Jedi do best."

I then take each, member gently, starting with the father and mother, and heal them with the force. then the children.

"There...now you are as healthy as can be. You also will find yourselves less likely to become sickly or ill. A gift of health."

Then before I really leave, I take my sword, and using my levitation, cut enough wood to last them a few months.

When you're ready to do you see them standing behind you holding what little they own.

"M-master Jedi. I ain't ever seen the man who calls 'imself me lord, but you're done more for me and mine in a night than he and his 'ave done in ten generations. Please, let so go with you. We'll serve you good, Master Jedi. Do your cookin' and washin and set up camp... all the little stuff you needn't bother..."

I decide to pull out my sword and force run to the fight.

As I pass by one, I slash to the side, before reverse blade handling the sword into his chest. The second one, I block the enemy strick before force pushing into his groin, and then spinning around before stabbing into his stomach. Should the third one attack me as well, I slide to the side and force pull him towards me, then punch him hard in the stomach before spinning and slashing his throat.

After its all said and done, I sheath the blade and look upon the man "Are you injured ser?"
[/quote]

He blinks standing agape. You just cut down three bandits in as many seconds with a magical glowing sword.

"I'm Bryan Cassel, Ser... and... um. I serve Lord Eddard. Thank you... good ser."

(slight edit. His shield is grey with 10 wolfheads)

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:Because you're playing with fire while soaked in patrol biproduct.

But ... but ... fire is awesome!

"Serve others? Like the Maesters?"

"That's one of the ambiguous parts. It doesn't necessarily speak of the service to any one man, or lord. The phrasing can also be somewhat misleading. After all, what does it truly mean to serve? The strictest interpretation is simply 'will not hold positions of secular power', but as much as an adviser or diplomat may serve a lord, a good lord serves his people by making sure they're safe, healthy and taken care of."

He nods. "Go on."

"It ties into the part about serving others. One of the masters during my own training once said something that stuck with me about this. He said that what Jedi truly are is the guardians of civilization, since the most certain form of peace stems from a civilization built upon justice."

Then I probably would have asked him 'what is justice' and he'd have hit me with a stick.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:35 am

Psyckosama wrote:Jaws hit the floor...

"Y-you're a wizard!"

You sense a little fear but much wonder. After all, you're a friendly wizard.

"We're often called that, but I suppose it's close. But no. I am Jedi."

When you're ready to do you see them standing behind you holding what little they own.

"M-master Jedi. I ain't ever seen the man who calls 'imself me lord, but you're done more for me and mine in a night than he and his 'ave done in ten generations. Please, let so go with you. We'll serve you good, Master Jedi. Do your cookin' and washin and set up camp... all the little stuff you needn't bother..."

I make it clear that I'm torn between allowing you to do as they wish, and asking them to stay. If they wish to come with me, then I will be happy for the company. Just so long as they remember that despite what I can do, and am, that I am not their ruler. They stand equal to me.

(GM rolls later)

I twasn't until I was down the road that began to notice something. I reached out, and felt each of the members of the family in the force. I reached into them and felt myself in surprise to find that...all of them...were force sensitive. to various degrees....but they were all force sensitive.

...The force had to have led me here...to paraphrase an ancient turtle "there are no coincidences."

When the night comes for us to rest I call a meeting.

"The reason I called for this was to explain some things regarding the force." I give a short explanation on the living force, how it binds and penetrates all things.

"So everything, you, me, the trees, the animals, are are part of the force, and in turn share in it. The Jedi can use the force to do great deeds of power due to their connection. Because the force is a living thing, it in turn guides us Jedi in times when important things are about to happen. Those who have such a connection are known as force sensitives...and I didn't notice it until after we left your home, but I think when I healed you all...I had in fact healed you so much that not only are you healthy in mind and body, but in spirit."

I look at them all "You are all...force sensitive."

"I don't know how...but it seems through you (the father) that all of your children are capable of feeling the force to a degree. She (the wife) is not as strong, but she too can also sense the force. this in turn, as a son and daughter inherits their looks through blood, so do they inherit the ability to sense the force through their parents own ability."

"I do not know for certain...but it seems almost all of you could be trained to use it, and maybe become Jedi yourselves if you wished it."

I look at the eldest daughter "Out of all of you however...she is the strongest. To look at someone's connection to the force, for me, is like looking at a flame. Everyone here is like a candle or a torch. She however...is like a bonfire. She could very well become a Jedi Knight in time if she wished to train and pursue that path."

I grin "and yes. We do have female Knights and Masters. We respect all people and life. Women are not excluded just because of their gender...and there were many women who even were part of the leadership known as the Jedi Council throughout its history."

He blinks standing agape. You just cut down three bandits in as many seconds with a magical glowing sword.

"I'm Bryan Cassel, Ser... and... um. I serve Lord Eddard. Thank you... good ser."

(slight edit. His shield is grey with 10 wolfheads)

Noticing the shield I nodded "I am Alexander Skywalker. I take it then that you were onward to Winterfell? and these three decided you were an easy mark?"
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:54 am

Rieverre wrote:But ... but ... fire is awesome!

Anakin said the same once...

"That's one of the ambiguous parts. It doesn't necessarily speak of the service to any one man, or lord. The phrasing can also be somewhat misleading. After all, what does it truly mean to serve? The strictest interpretation is simply 'will not hold positions of secular power', but as much as an adviser or diplomat may serve a lord, a good lord serves his people by making sure they're safe, healthy and taken care of."

He looks thoughtful for a moment and nods in approval. "You do not use your powers for selfish gain, but to benefit the people. That I believe is honorable and acceptable."

"It ties into the part about serving others. One of the masters during my own training once said something that stuck with me about this. He said that what Jedi truly are is the guardians of civilization, since the most certain form of peace stems from a civilization built upon justice."

Then I probably would have asked him 'what is justice' and he'd have hit me with a stick.

Now you see him smiling. "I believe your code to be just and your cause to be worthy. Now, what are the pitfalls of this power?"

GundamChief wrote:"We're often called that, but I suppose it's close. But no. I am Jedi."

"So the Jedi are... goodly wizard knights..."

I make it clear that I'm torn between allowing you to do as they wish, and asking them to stay. If they wish to come with me, then I will be happy for the company. Just so long as they remember that despite what I can do, and am, that I am not their ruler. They stand equal to me.

Now you have tears.

I twasn't until I was down the road that began to notice something. I reached out, and felt each of the members of the family in the force. I reached into them and felt myself in surprise to find that...all of them...were force sensitive. to various degrees....but they were all force sensitive.

A yep. Father, mother, daughter, three sons.

The father and sons are middling in power. They'd become Jedi. Not powerful, but capable enough to use the force. The mother is sensitive but would never learn to any great ability. But the daughter, why not a shining beacon of power has true potential.

...The force had to have led me here...to paraphrase an ancient turtle "there are no coincidences."

When the night comes for us to rest I call a meeting.

They all gather around the fire.

"The reason I called for this was to explain some things regarding the force." I give a short explanation on the living force, how it binds and penetrates all things.

"So everything, you, me, the trees, the animals, are are part of the force, and in turn share in it.

"Like the gods?" one of the boys asks.

The Jedi can use the force to do great deeds of power due to their connection. Because the force is a living thing, it in turn guides us Jedi in times when important things are about to happen.

They nod. That sounds as natural as the wind do them. They obviously remember the tales of the old Green Seers and while they're uneducated they're not stupid. They seem the parallels.

[quote]Those who have such a connection are known as force sensitives...and I didn't notice it until after we left your home, but I think when I healed you all...I had in fact healed you so much that not only are you healthy in mind and body, but in spirit."

I look at them all "You are all...force sensitive."[quote]

"W...wot?"

"I don't know how...but it seems through you (the father) that all of your children are capable of feeling the force to a degree. She (the wife) is not as strong, but she too can also sense the force. this in turn, as a son and daughter inherits their looks through blood, so do they inherit the ability to sense the force through their parents own ability."

"I do not know for certain...but it seems almost all of you could be trained to use it, and maybe become Jedi yourselves if you wished it."

The parents actually start to weep. As poor shit eating peasants they always were fearful for their children's futures. Now you're offering them a most grand and wonderful future indeed.

I look at the eldest daughter "Out of all of you however...she is the strongest. To look at someone's connection to the force, for me, is like looking at a flame. Everyone here is like a candle or a torch. She however...is like a bonfire. She could very well become a Jedi Knight in time if she wished to train and pursue that path."

"B-but I'm a girl... how can a girl become a Knight?"

I grin "and yes. We do have female Knights and Masters. We respect all people and life. Women are not excluded just because of their gender...and there were many women who even were part of the leadership known as the Jedi Council throughout its history."

"Really?" Her eyes go wide with wonder. "W-wot do I have to do?"

Just please call them Padawan and use the braids.... some tradition is good.

Noticing the shield I nodded "I am Alexander Skywalker. I take it then that you were onward to Winterfell? and these three decided you were an easy mark?"

"Aye ser, I am. And I don't mean to sound crass, but... but who the bloody hell are you with the magical sword and the... this. I thank you truly, but by the gods man..."

Psyckosama wrote:You awaken to cold. The kind of cold that cuts through clothes and flesh right down to the bone. Your mind is fuzzy and full of knowledge that is alien but almost second nature. Strange knowledge. Exotic knowledge. Knowledge right out of Star Wars. Knowledge of the force and the ways of the Jedi.

Power corrupts... Absolute power though? That's kinda neat.

Looking down at yourself you find yourself to be dressed in simple but deceptively well made robes of brown and tan. At your side is a simple sword made in the Katana style that on the edge of your mind seems to simply hum with power. Without thought you recognize it as a force katana, the kind of force imbued weapon that the Jedi used before the creation of the lightsaber. Besides the blade you carry a simple satchel pack and bundle roll.

Well, I'm going to have to check inside those for presents. ^_^

As you get your bearings you look up and find yourself looking at what could only be a fast cliff face of solid ice that extended to the horizon in both directions.

Oh hell.

"So what's this now then?"

Looking behind you, you see two disheveled men in black looking at you and at one another.

"Doesn't look like 'es from the other side."

"Who the bloody 'ell are you and wot the hell you doin' this close to the wall?"

What you are doing here you don't know. Who you are, well, even before your name the little voice in your head answers that for you.

Oh hell.

You are Jedi.

Neat.

"I'm a lost traveler from a distant land," I respond calmly. "I have no idea where I am. I was lost at sea for some time but came ashore and found no people. I wandered in the wood for some time but when I saw this..." I motion to the wall, "I guessed it would lead me to humanity. And here you are. I am Jedi Master Psy-Cko Sama. Who is it that I have the honor of addressing?"

I give my most warm and diplomatic smile and nod.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:"So the Jedi are... goodly wizard knights..."

"...yes. Let's go with that. Magical Knights."

Now you have tears.

Kind smiles as we leave on.

"Like the gods?" one of the boys asks.

In a way. The force is less a god more...a part of nature. Like the air we breathe. We know it is there, and with time, hard work, and the right tools, we can harness it. Sometimes it helps us without even knowing it. The difference is that the Force is self aware. Like a person, but in a very distant way. It guides when it can or feels it should, but otherwise it just is.

The parents actually start to weep. As poor shit eating peasants they always were fearful for their children's futures. Now you're offering them a most grand and wonderful future indeed.

Should they pursue it and follow what I set down before them as a teacher. It would not only be poor judgement, but potentially dangerous to leave you all without some form of training in the force. Power can corrupt those who use it for ill, and sometime the power is itself corrupting. At the least I should give a measure of safety, but if they wish to learn the ways of the Jedi, then as a Master that I am, I will teach them. I can also teach them (the parents) if they wish as well.

"Really?" Her eyes go wide with wonder. "W-wot do I have to do?"

Just please call them Padawan and use the braids.... some tradition is good.

I look at her, then at the parents "I know your parents would want you to have the best chance for a life...but I would prefer to have their permission to teach than to just assume its given."

Should they say yes I nod.

"Well then." I stand and pull out my sword, holding it up to the sky, and activate it for all to see. They have not seen the blade shine it's aqua color during the night. It is a light of pure power and purity. "By the power given to me, by the Jedi codes, and by Force...should you wish it, I will take you as my apprentices. You will given the title "Padawan" which is the equivalent of a Squire and trainee. You will learn the history of the Jedi, the ways of the Jedi, and with effort become Jedi."

I then kneel and hold the sword into the earth, allowing it to light it up as it would flames (if it can do that) "Do you accept this honor? The trials that comes with it? and swear to follow my teachings to the best of your abilities?"

If they say yes I do a knighting thing. Making new traditions "I hereby name thee Padawan (family member's name). Rise."

After that's said and done "Personally, I don't go for over the top ceremonies...but I know my master would poke me in the belly very hard were he here and I didn't do something. Especially since you would be this land's first Jedi in training."

I then have each member who wants to be trained come over to me, and I give them the braids.

"it is a symbol of a padawan, and of Jedi in general."

After all is said and done "We will begin training tomorrow. I will teach you not how to use the force, but understanding what it is. I will also begin a basic history of the Jedi."

I grin at the kids "It won't be boring. There's lots of fighting and heroes of men and women."

"Aye ser, I am. And I don't mean to sound crass, but... but who the bloody hell are you with the magical sword and the... this. I thank you truly, but by the gods man..."

I smile "It's alright. I've heard worse. This?" I wave over the bandits "Was me helping out a fellow man being attacked by obvious bandits. Twas simply the just thing to do. As for me."

I straighten up "I am a Jedi of the Jedi Order, rank of Jedi Master. An organization of what many would call Wizard Knights."

I know he's going to ask questions, but at this point I think the family will have caught up at this point.

"These are (Family name introductions). They are my Padawans. Apprentices."

Looking at him "We were on our way to Winterfell, and possibly south after that. Would you like to accompany us? Any questions you have, I can answer along the way. Plus company is better then being alone on the road."

Psyckosama wrote:Power corrupts... Absolute power though? That's kinda neat.

Close enough anyways.

Well, I'm going to have to check inside those for presents. ^_^

You find parts and metal to make more swords, and what you realize is Mandalorian Steel to make more. Though there's enough to make a whole suit of armor. Which you just so happen to be able to make, minus the modern tech.

Oh hell.

Yup. The Wall. Which means you know where. Along with you know what beyond it.

Oh hell.

"I'm a lost traveler from a distant land," I respond calmly. "I have no idea where I am. I was lost at sea for some time but came ashore and found no people. I wandered in the wood for some time but when I saw this..." I motion to the wall, "I guessed it would lead me to humanity. And here you are. I am Jedi Master Psy-Cko Sama. Who is it that I have the honor of addressing?"

I give my most warm and diplomatic smile and nod.

They're taken aback not just by your story but by the manner of how you speak. It was far to high noble in its mannerisms for them.

"uh...We're of the Black Wotch. We are the guardsman who protect the lands south of the wall from the creatures and wildlings that roam north of it. E's Jary and I'm Thom. How...would you want to come with us to the fort? This seems...a little above our station."[/quote]
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:52 am

GundamChief wrote:"...yes. Let's go with that. Magical Knights."

Heh.

In a way. The force is less a god more...a part of nature. Like the air we breathe. We know it is there, and with time, hard work, and the right tools, we can harness it. Sometimes it helps us without even knowing it. The difference is that the Force is self aware. Like a person, but in a very distant way. It guides when it can or feels it should, but otherwise it just is.

"Kinda like the Gods." they agree. :p

Should they pursue it and follow what I set down before them as a teacher. It would not only be poor judgement, but potentially dangerous to leave you all without some form of training in the force. Power can corrupt those who use it for ill, and sometime the power is itself corrupting. At the least I should give a measure of safety, but if they wish to learn the ways of the Jedi, then as a Master that I am, I will teach them. I can also teach them (the parents) if they wish as well.

You're offering them so much... they'll learn and serve you... well... the Force... proudly.

"Well then." I stand and pull out my sword, holding it up to the sky, and activate it for all to see. They have not seen the blade shine it's aqua color during the night. It is a light of pure power and purity. "By the power given to me, by the Jedi codes, and by Force...should you wish it, I will take you as my apprentices. You will given the title "Padawan" which is the equivalent of a Squire and trainee. You will learn the history of the Jedi, the ways of the Jedi, and with effort become Jedi."

They gape at the glowing magical blade.

I then kneel and hold the sword into the earth, allowing it to light it up as it would flames (if it can do that) "Do you accept this honor? The trials that comes with it? and swear to follow my teachings to the best of your abilities?"

Nah. It just glows.

They all do.

If they say yes I do a knighting thing. Making new traditions "I hereby name thee Padawan (family member's name). Rise."

And now you have bunch of new jedi initiates

Good luck and may the Force be With You.

After that's said and done "Personally, I don't go for over the top ceremonies...but I know my master would poke me in the belly very hard were he here and I didn't do something. Especially since you would be this land's first Jedi in training."

"Your master? What was he like?"

I then have each member who wants to be trained come over to me, and I give them the braids.

All the children go. The parents don't seem to be sure.

"it is a symbol of a padawan, and of Jedi in general."

After all is said and done "We will begin training tomorrow. I will teach you not how to use the force, but understanding what it is. I will also begin a basic history of the Jedi."

I grin at the kids "It won't be boring. There's lots of fighting and heroes of men and women."

They're intent learners.

You know you'll need blades for them...

I smile "It's alright. I've heard worse. This?" I wave over the bandits "Was me helping out a fellow man being attacked by obvious bandits. Twas simply the just thing to do. As for me."

I straighten up "I am a Jedi of the Jedi Order, rank of Jedi Master. An organization of what many would call Wizard Knights."

"Wizard knights? I'd think you were daft or fucking with me if it wasn't for the magical sword."

I know he's going to ask questions, but at this point I think the family will have caught up at this point.

"These are (Family name introductions). They are my Padawans. Apprentices."

"Whole family?" he looks a bit befuddled.

Looking at him "We were on our way to Winterfell, and possibly south after that. Would you like to accompany us? Any questions you have, I can answer along the way. Plus company is better then being alone on the road."

"Well, can't say no to that offer. Got an important missive for lord Stark. Considering your aid, I'm sure he'll want to thank you himself."

And off to winterfell. What do you tell him on the way?

Psyckosama wrote:Close enough anyways.

Heh.

You find parts and metal to make more swords, and what you realize is Mandalorian Steel to make more. Though there's enough to make a whole suit of armor. Which you just so happen to be able to make, minus the modern tech.

Mandolorian Iron. Okay. That is a rare gift. I'll have to think about that one...

Yup. The Wall. Which means you know where. Along with you know what beyond it.

Oh yeah.

They're taken aback not just by your story but by the manner of how you speak. It was far to high noble in its mannerisms for them.

Sure as hell ain't a wildling.

"uh...We're of the Black Wotch. We are the guardsman who protect the lands south of the wall from the creatures and wildlings that roam north of it. E's Jary and I'm Thom. How...would you want to come with us to the fort? This seems...a little above our station."

"Then lead the way my good man. And please, tell me about your homeland so I don't sound like a fool when I arrive.

If they ask what the hell is a jedi...

If he asks I'm a little vague but I say that for over a thousand generations the Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice in my homeland...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:48 am

Psyckosama wrote:You're offering them so much... they'll learn and serve you... well... the Force... proudly.

Good enough.

They gape at the glowing magical blade.

I mention that when they become fully fledged Jedi, they too shall have one of their own. With a color unique to them. The sword, more than anything, tells the world who you are. A Jedi. For the blade is like your soul, exposed for all to see.

"Your master? What was he like?"

Heh. I've known several actually. There's Master Qui Gon Jin, who was a Jedi Consular. A Jedi who specializes in diplomancy, fixing problems between people with words, rather than force of arms, though all Jedi are great warriors. He was very open minded and had a sense of humor. His own Padawan, and my master, Master Obiwan Kenobi, is more serious and traditional, but also more caring and loyal to his fellow man than most. The greatest master I have known was Master Yoda...when I said All People and creatures in our code? We meant it, as there are Jedi who are also not human, but are people.

Master Yoda was one such person. As strange as it sounds, we don't know what his species of being is. He is however without a doubt the most renowned and powerful Jedi to ever exist. He is a person of short stature, smaller than a midget, but that is how all his species was. Despite this size however, his species is naturally Force Sensitive, and long lived. Yoda, due to his connection with the force...has lived for over 900 years. He has trained Jedi for more then 800 years.

He could wipe the floor with me in a duel as one rakes leaves, both in skill with a sword, and in power of the Force. your daughter is like a bonefire in the force. I am like a hill of flames.... but Yoda is like a mountain made of fire.

He's also the most wise, kindest, and....mischievous master ever. Seriously...900 year old man playing with children in hide and go seek from their teachers, and making it impossible for them to be caught...took me hours to find out they left the library hours before.

All the children go. The parents don't seem to be sure.

They don't have to have them if they don't wish, but it is traditional. As I said, I have no problem teaching adults, though children benefit the most due to youth. At the least, I can teach them to do things that are helpful in everyday life. Increasing ones strength, staying healthy and healing a little, and actually being able to sense one's family even if hundreds of miles away. Especially if they're in danger for any reason.

They're intent learners.

You know you'll need blades for them...

I intend to give them blades, but of wood. They're not ready for actual ones, and they won't even use normal blades until they have mastered the wooden ones. I'll need something that can channel the force though...and I have an idea. I just need to find a certain kind of tree.

"Wizard knights? I'd think you were daft or fucking with me if it wasn't for the magical sword."

"Whole family?" he looks a bit befuddled.

"It's complicated."

"Well, can't say no to that offer. Got an important missive for lord Stark. Considering your aid, I'm sure he'll want to thank you himself."

And off to winterfell. What do you tell him on the way?

I tell him basically what the Jedi are, and teach him a bit of history as part of my teachings to the Padawans. I then demonstrate the force in use for the Padawans in regarding the force, and for the knight's benefit, by lifting a large boulder and placing it from one side of the road to the other.

I explain the force in more detail as to what it is on a scientific, and then philosophic level.

Along the way I keep my senses up for a godswood or simular tree.

Psyckosama wrote:Mandolorian Iron. Okay. That is a rare gift. I'll have to think about that one...

It's all you have too. So use it wisely.

"Then lead the way my good man. And please, tell me about your homeland so I don't sound like a fool when I arrive.

If they ask what the hell is a jedi...

If he asks I'm a little vague but I say that for over a thousand generations the Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice in my homeland...

As you walk to the keep, a small caslte structure near the base, they explain a bit about Westeros in general, and where they come from personally, the riverlands. the two are friends who got in trouble and took this over a hanging. they then talk about the Nights Watch in general.

By the time you reach the keep, there are others working about who look at you strangely, but otherwise keep doing what they were doing.

They do ask about the Jedi and are in awe, but at the same time doubtful.

You walk into a building and the two lead you to a hall where you see a man talking to a measter, when he turns you see a familiar character. Benjen Stark.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:Anakin said the same once...

To be fair, even without Palpatine's machinations the temple bollocked up handling that particular issue.

He looks thoughtful for a moment and nods in approval. "You do not use your powers for selfish gain, but to benefit the people. That I believe is honorable and acceptable."

Granted, that's possibly because a Jedi has less of a need to use the Force for selfish gain. Considerable physical abilities, mild precognition and empathy, longevity and considerable vitality that can lead to a lifespan measured in centuries.

Now you see him smiling. "I believe your code to be just and your cause to be worthy. Now, what are the pitfalls of this power?"

"Taking the quick and easy, at least initially, path. Through unrestrained passion, ambition, and emotions such as anger and fear one may more easily draw on the Force. But it is an insidious path, potentially addicting. Soon, you become reliant on those emotions, your judgment becomes if not twisted than at the very least impaired. And if you draw in too much before you are ready or recovered, it will go as far as to twist you physically. We call this the Dark Side, and those who use it have traditionally been enemies of the Jedi."

I shake my head.

"Emotion should be accepted and acknowledged, but becoming a slave to it is anathema to everything the Jedi strive to be."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:33 pm

GundamChief wrote:I mention that when they become fully fledged Jedi, they too shall have one of their own. With a color unique to them. The sword, more than anything, tells the world who you are. A Jedi. For the blade is like your soul, exposed for all to see.

Ohhs and aahs.

Heh. I've known several actually. There's Master Qui Gon Jin, who was a Jedi Consular. A Jedi who specializes in diplomancy, fixing problems between people with words, rather than force of arms, though all Jedi are great warriors. He was very open minded and had a sense of humor. His own Padawan, and my master, Master Obiwan Kenobi, is more serious and traditional, but also more caring and loyal to his fellow man than most. The greatest master I have known was Master Yoda...

Before you can continue "I suggest you don't tell them he wasn't human."

I'll let you edit or repost the rest as your will.

They don't have to have them if they don't wish, but it is traditional. As I said, I have no problem teaching adults, though children benefit the most due to youth. At the least, I can teach them to do things that are helpful in everyday life. Increasing ones strength, staying healthy and healing a little, and actually being able to sense one's family even if hundreds of miles away. Especially if they're in danger for any reason.

Adults are just set in their ways. But they'll learn a bit if you've got the time to teach them. They'd rather not learn and have their children be taught then risk taking up your precious time. Reluctance is a thing.

I intend to give them blades, but of wood. They're not ready for actual ones, and they won't even use normal blades until they have mastered the wooden ones. I'll need something that can channel the force though...and I have an idea. I just need to find a certain kind of tree.

Just remember to ask first... and I suggest not harvesting from a heart tree.

"It's complicated."

"I... could imagine."

I tell him basically what the Jedi are, and teach him a bit of history as part of my teachings to the Padawans. I then demonstrate the force in use for the Padawans in regarding the force, and for the knight's benefit, by lifting a large boulder and placing it from one side of the road to the other.

He seems to be a little intimidated by it all.

I explain the force in more detail as to what it is on a scientific, and then philosophic level.

And a little confused.

Along the way I keep my senses up for a godswood or simular tree.

You find a Weirwood with little trouble. They grow all over the north.

It's all you have too. So use it wisely.

Aye.

As you walk to the keep, a small caslte structure near the base, they explain a bit about Westeros in general, and where they come from personally, the riverlands. the two are friends who got in trouble and took this over a hanging. they then talk about the Nights Watch in general.

"I see. I'm sorry you found yourself in trouble. Life is complicated and rarely fair. It's why the Jedi do what we do. We are peacemakers and negotiators before all else. True justice and true peace come not from the edge of a blade, but from mutual understanding. Though my blade is not simply for decoration. Jedi are quite capable warriors, even if we see war as the last resort rather than a crucible of honor." I give them a sad, but friendly and entirely honest and authentic look of sympathy, "I'm saddened that I wasn't there when you were in need... to keep your troubles from consuming your lives."

In general I'm hoping to seem almost like some strange cross between a Knight and a Septim to them. Very strange, but very kindly.

By the time you reach the keep, there are others working about who look at you strangely, but otherwise keep doing what they were doing.

They do ask about the Jedi and are in awe, but at the same time doubtful.

You walk into a building and the two lead you to a hall where you see a man talking to a measter, when he turns you see a familiar character. Benjen Stark.

I introduce myself and explain what I told to his brothers. I'm a very lost traveler from a very distant land.

I ask where I am and any details about westeros that I haven't been told. All the time being very kindly and unerringly polite.

Rieverre wrote:To be fair, even without Palpatine's machinations the temple bollocked up handling that particular issue.

You really think he was the first time a Jedi had let his emotions get the better of him? We had measures for dealing with such situations! Ki-Adi-Mundi was a Jedi Master and on the council. He was also married. If it hadn't been for Anakin's own obtuse refusal to trust even those who cared for him most coupled with the kriffing clone wars then things would have been very different!

Granted, that's possibly because a Jedi has less of a need to use the Force for selfish gain.

And that doing so often leads to psychotic insanity...

Considerable physical abilities, mild precognition and empathy, longevity and considerable vitality that can lead to a lifespan measured in centuries.

That gets him to blink. "Centuries? Truly?"

"Taking the quick and easy, at least initially, path. Through unrestrained passion, ambition, and emotions such as anger and fear one may more easily draw on the Force. But it is an insidious path, potentially addicting. Soon, you become reliant on those emotions, your judgment becomes if not twisted than at the very least impaired. And if you draw in too much before you are ready or recovered, it will go as far as to twist you physically. We call this the Dark Side, and those who use it have traditionally been enemies of the Jedi."

I shake my head.

"Emotion should be accepted and acknowledged, but becoming a slave to it is anathema to everything the Jedi strive to be."

He frowns now, thinking to himself and then asks, "Is it possible for one who is strong in the force but untrained to fall to the Dark Side? And how strong is Jon compared to the other children?"

Absolutely.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You really think he was the first time a Jedi had let his emotions get the better of him? We had measures for dealing with such situations! Ki-Adi-Mundi was a Jedi Master and on the council. He was also married. If it hadn't been for Anakin's own obtuse refusal to trust even those who cared for him most coupled with the kriffing clone wars then things would have been very different!

Years of time before the start of the Clone Wars. The kid had issues the Jedi of the time were not qualified to address, seeing as he'd initially been deemed too old to be trained. His marriage was far from being the big problem. They simply weren't ... equipped ... to properly deal with a student who hadn't started out as a youngling, for the most part.

That gets him to blink. "Centuries? Truly?"

"It's largely dependent on how strong in the Force one is, as well as their state of mind. It's not unusual for a trained force user to live to be over a hundred and fifty while maintaining the vitality and appearance of a man in his prime. By that same token, grief and regret may take away from that."

Obi-wan is a prime example of the latter, after all, given his condition at the end of the Clone Wars and at the beginning of A New Hope.

He frowns now, thinking to himself and then asks, "Is it possible for one who is strong in the force but untrained to fall to the Dark Side? And how strong is Jon compared to the other children?"

Absolutely.

"It's very much possible. The consequences would not be as severe as with a trained practitioner, but the threat very much exists. That said, seeing as they would likely have no reason to voluntarily seek out negative emotion, it would most likely require a considerable amount of misadventure and grief."

Then again, this _is_ Westeros.

"Jon has a considerable amount of talent, but your younger daughter and you yourself are only a degree or so behind. On the whole, I was surprised. There might be a correlation between one's bloodline and one's strength in the Force, but it's by no means a certainty. Inasmuch as I can tell, yourself and all your children are quite strong in the Force. Logic dictates it's from your side of the family, given your wife appears perfectly ordinary in that respect."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Before you can continue "I suggest you don't tell them he wasn't human."

I'll let you edit or repost the rest as your will.

Repost of that portion then.

Master Yoda. He is without a doubt the most renowned and powerful Jedi to ever exist. He is a person of short stature, like a dwarf, but size doesn't matter when one  is with the Force. Yoda, due to his connection with the force...has lived for over 100 years. He has trained Jedi for more then 80 years.

He could wipe the floor with me in a duel as one rakes leaves, both in skill with a sword, and in power of the Force. your daughter is like a bonefire in the force. I am like a hill of flames.... but Yoda is like a mountain made of fire.

He's also the most wise, kindest, and....mischievous master ever. Seriously...100 year or older old man playing with children in hide and go seek from their teachers, and making it impossible for them to be caught...took me hours to find out they left the library hours before.

Adults are just set in their ways. But they'll learn a bit if you've got the time to teach them. They'd rather not learn and have their children be taught then risk taking up your precious time. Reluctance is a thing.

I understand. At the very least I will teach them how to feel the force, This will allow them to stay connected with their children as they grow in the force. It is both a familial and spiritual bond that becomes almost unbreakable.

Just remember to ask first... and I suggest not harvesting from a heart tree.

I would be nuts to just take from something like that. It's very Sith like frankly. Plus I'm pretty sure the tree would pull something and kick my ass with the force.

Trust in me that I will do what's right.

He seems to be a little intimidated by it all. And a little confused.

At his confusion I simplify it even more. "to put it in the simplest of terms. It's like the air. It's everywhere, and exists because of life. Just as windmills and a ships sails utilize the power of wind because of air moving, the Jedi learn to harness this energy through themselves by harnessing it. It allows us to do magical like powers. however, not everyone can harness it. Just as only a windmill or sails can harness the wind because they were made to do so, only certain people can do it because they were born with the means to. those who can are what are called force sensitives."

most of what I said before should make more sense now.

You find a Weirwood with little trouble. They grow all over the north.

I ask for the group to stop for a moment as there is something I need to do.

I walk up to the tree and connect with it via the force and show my intentions. I ask it for a few pieces so I may make them swords of wood, and teach them to use the force as Jedi.

"I see. I'm sorry you found yourself in trouble. Life is complicated and rarely fair. It's why the Jedi do what we do. We are peacemakers and negotiators before all else. True justice and true peace come not from the edge of a blade, but from mutual understanding. Though my blade is not simply for decoration. Jedi are quite capable warriors, even if we see war as the last resort rather than a crucible of honor." I give them a sad, but friendly and entirely honest and authentic look of sympathy, "I'm saddened that I wasn't there when you were in need... to keep your troubles from consuming your lives."

they were taken back by this and genuinely confused. they never had anyone really just sympathize with them before...they didn't know how to react. they appreciate it all the same though. They have to live with the consequences regardless. The Night Watch is for life.

I introduce myself and explain what I told to his brothers. I'm a very lost traveler from a very distant land.

I ask where I am and any details about westeros that I haven't been told. All the time being very kindly and unerringly polite.

He's doubtful as hell, he's at least friendly about it. As you answer questions, his doubts fade away, though suspicion remains. That comes with being a what the night Watch is though. After all is said and done, he nods at you.

"Well...unless you want to try your hand at the night watch, I can take you to the south. I was going to head out to Winterfell, the capital of this land, to meet with family. From there you can make your own path in life, however it chooses to take you."[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:07 pm

GundamChief wrote:Master Yoda. He is without a doubt the most renowned and powerful Jedi to ever exist. He is a person of short stature, like a dwarf, but size doesn't matter when one  is with the Force. Yoda, due to his connection with the force...has lived for over 100 years. He has trained Jedi for more then 80 years.

He's also the most wise, kindest, and....mischievous master ever. Seriously...100 year or older old man playing with children in hide and go seek from their teachers, and making it impossible for them to be caught...took me hours to find out they left the library hours before.

Either way, they're absolutely awed. Seriously, at this point you could start talking about bowl movements and there'd be a degree of hero worship involved.

I understand. At the very least I will teach them how to feel the force, This will allow them to stay connected with their children as they grow in the force. It is both a familial and spiritual bond that becomes almost unbreakable.

Alright. They could learn... lest a little bit.

I would be nuts to just take from something like that. It's very Sith like frankly. Plus I'm pretty sure the tree would pull something and kick my ass with the force.

Trust in me that I will do what's right.

Sometimes even Jedi can be prone to impulse.

At his confusion I simplify it even more. "to put it in the simplest of terms. It's like the air. It's everywhere, and exists because of life. Just as windmills and a ships sails utilize the power of wind because of air moving, the Jedi learn to harness this energy through themselves by harnessing it. It allows us to do magical like powers. however, not everyone can harness it. Just as only a windmill or sails can harness the wind because they were made to do so, only certain people can do it because they were born with the means to. those who can are what are called force sensitives."

most of what I said before should make more sense now.

It does. Still... intimidating.

I ask for the group to stop for a moment as there is something I need to do.

I walk up to the tree and connect with it via the force and show my intentions. I ask it for a few pieces so I may make them swords of wood, and teach them to use the force as Jedi.

After a long moment, you swear that it looks line one of the branches actually moved towards you.

Just remember to heal the tree through the force... I don't believe its independently sapient, but there's a possibility there weirwoods might be some form of gestalt being in the force. I have seen stranger.

Psy-Cho Sama

they were taken back by this and genuinely confused. they never had anyone really just sympathize with them before...they didn't know how to react. they appreciate it all the same though. They have to live with the consequences regardless. The Night Watch is for life.

I nod. "I know. It has to do with what it means to be a Jedi... one of the great missions of the Jedi order is to prevent suffering and to seek to alleviate it whenever it is found."

He's doubtful as hell, he's at least friendly about it. As you answer questions, his doubts fade away, though suspicion remains.

I do demonstrate if it will help. If anyone is moving anything heavy especially up somewhere difficult to reach, I move it there via the force.

That comes with being a what the night Watch is though. After all is said and done, he nods at you.

Sadly true. There is a great darkness to the North.

"Well...unless you want to try your hand at the night watch, I can take you to the south. I was going to head out to Winterfell, the capital of this land, to meet with family. From there you can make your own path in life, however it chooses to take you."

"While I'd be happy to render aid if needed, I believe my place is among the people helping those that I can. I'd be honored to go with you to meet your family."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:21 am

Though I multi Quoted. Sorry.

Rieverre wrote:Years of time before the start of the Clone Wars. The kid had issues the Jedi of the time were not qualified to address, seeing as he'd initially been deemed too old to be trained. His marriage was far from being the big problem. They simply weren't ... equipped ... to properly deal with a student who hadn't started out as a youngling, for the most part.

He was hardly the first... the worst of it was based around his mother. A bad call on the behalf of the council rooted in the chaos leading up to the Clone Wars. At literally any other time they would have sent someone simply for cautions sake.

"It's largely dependent on how strong in the Force one is, as well as their state of mind. It's not unusual for a trained force user to live to be over a hundred and fifty while maintaining the vitality and appearance of a man in his prime. By that same token, grief and regret may take away from that."

He nods. "Grief and regret can sap many a man's strength. I could see how that would be doubly true with a man who's vitality is maintained through power and will.[/quote]

Obi-wan is a prime example of the latter, after all, given his condition at the end of the Clone Wars and at the beginning of A New Hope.

Come now, no reason to be mean...

"It's very much possible. The consequences would not be as severe as with a trained practitioner, but the threat very much exists. That said, seeing as they would likely have no reason to voluntarily seek out negative emotion, it would most likely require a considerable amount of misadventure and grief."

He looks into the air thoughtfully. Its not the happy kind of thoughtful.

Then again, this _is_ Westeros.

"Jon has a considerable amount of talent, but your younger daughter and you yourself are only a degree or so behind. On the whole, I was surprised. There might be a correlation between one's bloodline and one's strength in the Force, but it's by no means a certainty. Inasmuch as I can tell, yourself and all your children are quite strong in the Force. Logic dictates it's from your side of the family, given your wife appears perfectly ordinary in that respect."

He looks shocked at the mention of himself then steels himself. "You will begin training Jon immediately. I will grant you whatever assets you need to do so. If I approve of what becomes of this training, you will begin training Arya and the other children in at least the fundamentals. As for myself..."

You sense... fear in him. He's uncertain. He doubts himself.

Come now, you know the saying. Fear is the path to the Dark Side...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Psyckosama wrote:He was hardly the first... the worst of it was based around his mother. A bad call on the behalf of the council rooted in the chaos leading up to the Clone Wars. At literally any other time they would have sent someone simply for cautions sake.

And there was that whole no-attachments thing so she was in a bit of a blind spot anyway.

What puzzles me is why the hell Amidala didn't just buy out her contract once the mess on Naboo had been settled and cut off that snake's head before it could start making trouble.

Come now, no reason to be mean...

I call 'em as I see 'em.

He looks into the air thoughtfully. Its not the happy kind of thoughtful.

It's not the happy kind of news.

He looks shocked at the mention of himself then steels himself. "You will begin training Jon immediately. I will grant you whatever assets you need to do so. If I approve of what becomes of this training, you will begin training Arya and the other children in at least the fundamentals. As for myself..."

You sense... fear in him. He's uncertain. He doubts himself.

Come now, you know the saying. Fear is the path to the Dark Side...

Now's the right time.

"There might be one thing that I can show you that could make a decision easier. If you would come with me?"

And then I basically make a beeline for the Godswood.

"Unless I miss my guess," I say, walking among the trees, "you feel it. You could for quite some time. This is what led me to seek out the castle in the first place - I could sense if from far past the walls. There is peace here. Serenity. Harmony. A feeling of being in touch with all things living in this world. Places, you see, may have a strong presence in the Force as well, and this is nothing less than a true bastion of the Light."

I set down to focus and meditate. Normally, moving meditation is preferable for me, but this is not really the time. Instead, I use my presence in the Force to ... prod ... at Ned's. I want to let him see, if only for a moment, what I can see in this place.

"Search your feelings, Eddard Stark. They've always known there is more to this world than the eyes could see. You know them to be true."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Rieverre wrote:And there was that whole no-attachments thing so she was in a bit of a blind spot anyway.

No attachments is an ideal. More often we tried to minimize them and if something came up, like Anakin's mother, deal with it quickly so they could let go. As I said, the prelude to the clone wars was not normal in any way.

What puzzles me is why the hell Amidala didn't just buy out her contract once the mess on Naboo had been settled and cut off that snake's head before it could start making trouble.

I've wondered that myself many a time.

I call 'em as I see 'em.

The force presence seems rather... cross. Not angery just rather put off.

It's not the happy kind of news.

You have the feeling he's thinking of the Targs.

"There might be one thing that I can show you that could make a decision easier. If you would come with me?"

And then I basically make a beeline for the Godswood.

"Unless I miss my guess," I say, walking among the trees, "you feel it. You could for quite some time. This is what led me to seek out the castle in the first place - I could sense if from far past the walls. There is peace here. Serenity. Harmony. A feeling of being in touch with all things living in this world. Places, you see, may have a strong presence in the Force as well, and this is nothing less than a true bastion of the Light."

He looks over thoughtfully. "So Godswood are a place of the light in the force?"

I set down to focus and meditate. Normally, moving meditation is preferable for me, but this is not really the time. Instead, I use my presence in the Force to ... prod ... at Ned's. I want to let him see, if only for a moment, what I can see in this place.

"Search your feelings, Eddard Stark. They've always known there is more to this world than the eyes could see. You know them to be true."

You need to get him meditating first. Give him something to focus on. Right now he's bind to the force. You have to open his eyes.

I always found that the code helped serve as a focus, while telling tales of past Jedi and general teachings helped keep the mind from wandering.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Psyckosama wrote:No attachments is an ideal. More often we tried to minimize them and if something came up, like Anakin's mother, deal with it quickly so they could let go. As I said, the prelude to the clone wars was not normal in any way.

Then again, as most said, Anakin was already too old. The Temple's methods, by then, were more in line with how you'd handle the really young students. Let's just call him an out of context problem and move on.

The force presence seems rather... cross. Not angery just rather put off.

Not that you didn't have your reasons, but you were aged before you time. You were essentially Dun Moch-ing yourself.

You have the feeling he's thinking of the Targs.

That might have just been the inbreeding. Might. On the other hand, they may have had some kind of weird-ass Force power

He looks over thoughtfully. "So Godswood are a place of the light in the force?"

"I would have to see others in order to make a general statement on the matter, but this one certainly is."

You need to get him meditating first. Give him something to focus on. Right now he's bind to the force. You have to open his eyes.

I always found that the code helped serve as a focus, while telling tales of past Jedi and general teachings helped keep the mind from wandering.

I gesture to the ground beside me in clear invitation.

"Keep these words in mind."

Aaaaand probably proceed to piss the hell out of Head Obi-wan by using the original Code, rather than the later revision.

Emotion, yet peace,
Ignorance, yet knowledge,
Passion, yet serenity,
Chaos, yet harmony,
Death, yet the Force

And then I begin to speak. I speak of a man grown, a soldier and later sword for hire. I speak of a Republic in the wake of a civil war. I speak of the man's journey to honor his father and the promises his father had made. The pitfalls and dangers, but also the successes and moral fortitude in his path to discover the way of the Force without an Order there to guide him. I speak of how he fell to the Dark Side, and was pulled back by his student, later to go on to teach others and become one of the most respected Masters of a reborn Jedi Order.

... yeah, I basically tell him a highly adapted version of the story of Kyle Katarn.

Sorry Head Obi-wan, Kyle clearly had the better beard. Well, okay, it's more like, bits of that story are more relevant to the current situation simply because the new Order was in its infancy.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:42 am

Psyckosama wrote:So you look like this?

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 6 Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers-1-

OOC: Sadly I'll have to say no to having the right to say " Oh yeah baby! " in a British accent whenever i feel like.

As for appearance. Am thinking something more like this. Besides as a Jedi am too honorable to be a spy! Razz Wink

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 6 7021148_orig

Do not antagonize the GM.

OOC: Nah, that was a purely IC comment to the highly helpful force. It is after all IC going to be a constant companion so friendly jabs back at it at times are not too unexpected.

Trust in the force and follow your heart. The force will guide you. By the standards of the order, he's somewhat old, but the force would not have sent you here without reason. And then again, many of the greatest Jedi became so in thier adulthood. Kyle Katarn. Nomi Sunrider. Even Luke Skywalker. At the least remember he is here and make the offer later if he has the mental fortitude to become a Jedi and resist the temptations of the Dark Side.

Thank you head Obi-wan.

I think I'll take a couple days of meditation to clear my mind, refine my skills and to truly see if I'll truly have my heart in my teaching if i decide to take the boy up as my padawan before i leave this hamlet. The caravan can wait a little since it's safe now rather than on the brink of destruction.

One thing I'd like to see if i can get a handle on before leaving is the GPS function of the force.
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:36 am

Psyckosama wrote:After a long moment, you swear that it looks line one of the branches actually moved towards you.

Just remember to heal the tree through the force... I don't believe its independently sapient, but there's a possibility there weirwoods might be some form of gestalt being in the force. I have seen stranger.

I take what is offered, and quickly use my sword to form five bokkens, size adjusted for the children, and two for myself and the father is he ever feels up to joining. The rest of the wood I save in that bundle...which is where I find the extra swords blanks...and the metal...yeah...definitely gonna use that when I can. I use the force to shape, smooth, and strengthen the bokkens before going back to the group.

If the knight asks why I would need wooden swords, ever, I demonstrate by testing it on any weapon or shield from the bandits we collected.

Psyckosama wrote:I do demonstrate if it will help. If anyone is moving anything heavy especially up somewhere difficult to reach, I move it there via the force.

If you want to, he doesn't particularly care, mostly due to being a Crow. If you do show however, people are now in awe, and a little intimidated.

Roll a D100

Sadly true. There is a great darkness to the North.

"among other things."

"While I'd be happy to render aid if needed, I believe my place is among the people helping those that I can. I'd be honored to go with you to meet your family."

OOC: What happens here depends on your D100 roll.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 am

Rieverre wrote:Then again, as most said, Anakin was already too old. The Temple's methods, by then, were more in line with how you'd handle the really young students. Let's just call him an out of context problem and move on.

He was hardly an outside context problem. He was difficult. If he was such an absolute noncomprehensive issue, he would have never been trained.

Not that you didn't have your reasons, but you were aged before you time. You were essentially Dun Moch-ing yourself.

Do not remind me.

That might have just been the inbreeding. Might. On the other hand, they may have had some kind of weird-ass Force power

Yeah. He guessed that. Explains the insanity.

"I would have to see others in order to make a general statement on the matter, but this one certainly is."

"We will have to go see."

I gesture to the ground beside me in clear invitation.

He nods and sits next to you.

"Keep these words in mind."

Aaaaand probably proceed to piss the hell out of Head Obi-wan by using the original Code, rather than the later revision.

Emotion, yet peace,
Ignorance, yet knowledge,
Passion, yet serenity,
Chaos, yet harmony,
Death, yet the Force

Oh by the Force.... it was changed for a reason. First, it tended to confuse initiates. Second, as a meditation aid, as you're using it now, it was pretty much poodoo. It was still taught and understood, but the general fact is... the Jedi were, despite your twisted biases, not idiots. We have been studying the force with records going back two and a half times longer than your people used agriculture. It would be safe to assume that maybe we know a thing or two... this is not a television show.

And then I begin to speak. I speak of a man grown, a soldier and later sword for hire. I speak of a Republic in the wake of a civil war. I speak of the man's journey to honor his father and the promises his father had made. The pitfalls and dangers, but also the successes and moral fortitude in his path to discover the way of the Force without an Order there to guide him. I speak of how he fell to the Dark Side, and was pulled back by his student, later to go on to teach others and become one of the most respected Masters of a reborn Jedi Order.

... yeah, I basically tell him a highly adapted version of the story of Kyle Katarn.

He has great difficulty focusing. Roll a d100.

Sorry Head Obi-wan, Kyle clearly had the better beard. Well, okay, it's more like, bits of that story are more relevant to the current situation simply because the new Order was in its infancy.

Master Katarn, while unconventional, was a fine Jedi who overcame great hardship any many trials. And I'm sorry, but no. He wore unkempt neck-beard. The Goatee of my youth was far finer.

WatcherVoid wrote:OOC: Sadly I'll have to say no to having the right to say " Oh yeah baby! " in a British accent whenever i feel like.

Heh.

As for appearance. Am thinking something more like this. Besides as a Jedi am too honorable to be a spy!  Razz  Wink

Negotiable.

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 6 7021148_orig

And then you woke up... :p

OOC: Nah, that was a purely IC comment to the highly helpful force. It is after all IC going to be a constant companion so friendly jabs back at it at times are not too unexpected.

Fair enough.

Thank you head Obi-wan.

You are welcome.

I think I'll take a couple days of meditation to clear my mind, refine my skills and to truly see if I'll truly have my heart in my teaching if i decide to take the boy up as my padawan before i leave this hamlet. The caravan can wait a little since it's safe now rather than on the brink of destruction.

Roll a d100 to see what meditation brings.

One thing I'd like to see if i can get a handle on before leaving is the GPS function of the force.

It's nothing so exact, more a "Atteway" sense. And roll another d100 to see if you find something through the force..

GundamChief wrote:I take what is offered, and quickly use my sword to form five bokkens, size adjusted for the children, and two for myself and the father is he ever feels up to joining. The rest of the wood I save in that bundle...which is where I find the extra swords blanks...and the metal...yeah...definitely gonna use that when I can. I use the force to shape, smooth, and strengthen the bokkens before going back to the group.

Easily done.

If the knight asks why I would need wooden swords, ever, I demonstrate by testing it on any weapon or shield from the bandits we collected.

It cuts deep into the shield like a very fine steel sword without even a scratch on the wood, and it actually adopted a bit of a glow. His eyes kinda boggle at that.

"So you can magic a wierwood sword into something as fine as steel?!"

And what do you want to do on the trip and roll one more d100

Psyckosama wrote:If you want to, he doesn't particularly care, mostly due to being a Crow. If you do show however, people are now in awe, and a little intimidated.

I do if it comes up.

Roll a D100

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

"among other things."

I raise an eyebrow. "You sense it too? Would you mind telling me what it is?"

OOC: What happens here depends on your D100 roll.

Well then... *points up*

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:It cuts deep into the shield like a very fine steel sword without even a scratch on the wood, and it actually adopted a bit of a glow. His eyes kinda boggle at that.

"So you can magic a wierwood sword into something as fine as steel?!"

"The force is capable of many things in the hands of one who can properly wield it. This? *I gesture the bokken* is ultimately just a wooden sword. It's through my connection with the force that it becomes something more. Just as a torch is just a piece of wood...until it is lit."

I give the largest of the child bokkens the daughter, and then the two smaller to the children. Straps so they can wear them on their waists. then along the way to Winterfell, I continue my education for the children in the ways of the Jedi, and the Force, and start teaching them to use the swords along the way.

And what do you want to do on the trip and roll one more d100

Psyckosama wrote:I raise an eyebrow. "You sense it too? Would you mind telling me what it is?"

He raises an eyebrow "I sense trouble since the Wildlings are becoming more aggressive." He was clearly holding back, but he has no reason to tell you anything.

You both ride out within the half hour and leave the Wall.[/quote]
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:29 am

Psyckosama wrote:"The force is capable of many things in the hands of one who can properly wield it. This? *I gesture the bokken* is ultimately just a wooden sword. It's through my connection with the force that it becomes something more. Just as a torch is just a piece of wood...until it is lit."

"Um. Okay..."

I give the largest of the child bokkens the daughter, and then the two smaller to the children. Straps so they can wear them on their waists.

They do so proudly.

then along the way to Winterfell, I continue my education for the children in the ways of the Jedi, and the Force, and start teaching them to use the swords along the way.

Some meditation, some instruction, and the basics of the forms then?

I give the bokken to the father if he ever feels like learning as well, but otherwise I keep it as an extra. I also keep my bokken on my waist to use as a second sword to my first since I was always into duel wielding.

He does. He just refuses to take instruction or ask questions until the children have been handled. They go first.

It's admirable able but he needs to be less protective. Attachment is dangerous.

You arrive at winterfell without trouble and are rushed to the castle. You see your escort talk to various people and less than a half hour later you find yourself in the presence of Ned Stark.

"So, I heard that you are a Wizard..."

You also sense a great power in the force in the castle from the Godswood.

Ned also seems to be rather strong in the force himself.

Psyckosama wrote:He raises an eyebrow "I sense trouble since the Wildlings are becoming more aggressive." He was clearly holding back, but he has no reason to tell you anything.

I simply shrug it off. Though I do tell the two who escorted me fair well and may the Force be with them.

You both ride out within the half hour and leave the Wall.

Roll 3d100

Psyckosama carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
27 , 53 , 74

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:59 am

Psyckosama wrote:Some meditation, some instruction, and the basics of the forms then?

Pretty much. Basics all around.

He does. He just refuses to take instruction or ask questions until the children have been handled. They go first.

It's admirable but he needs to be less protective. Attachment is dangerous.

I agree when it is taken to its conclusion. Attachments can be helpful as well however in moderation. I'll talk to him so there can be middle ground.

You arrive at winterfell without trouble and are rushed to the castle. You see your escort talk to various people and less than a half hour later you find yourself in the presence of Ned Stark.

"So, I heard that you are a Wizard..."

You also sense a great power in the force in the castle from the Godswood.

Ned also seems to be rather strong in the force himself.

"It's something most people call me and those like me. I am a Jedi. I am Alexander Skywalker of the Jedi Order, with the rank of Jedi Master." I give a proper Jedi bow "You, I can only assume, are Eddard Stark, lord of Winterfell."

Psyckosama wrote: *Rolls*

the first portion of your journey with Stark was peaceful, and you were able to speed upon the road with little incidence for the first few days.

In those few days you and Stark spoke, and were asked to demonstrate your powers as a Jedi since he became interested along the way. you do so and he was impressed and intimidated. Further speaking upon the subject of your abilities made the man laugh and shake his head.

"It is fortunate you didn't demonstrate this back at the fort. If those above me had seen it, you likely would have been made part of the black watch against your will. They'd try to anyways."

It wasn't until a little later on the fourth day that you run into something interesting. You feel a tremendous conduit of force energy off the road a distance away. It was both light...and dark.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:15 am

GundamChief wrote:Pretty much. Basics all around.

Fair enough. The sworn sword does watch. He even asks about the sword forms. He's not force sensitive but he's been trained since he can walk.

I agree when it is taken to its conclusion. Attachments can be helpful as well however in moderation. I'll talk to him so there can be middle ground.

Very wise and well said.

How do you do this?

"It's something most people call me and those like me. I am a Jedi. I am Alexander Skywalker of the Jedi Order, with the rank of Jedi Master." I give a proper Jedi bow "You, I can only assume, are Eddard Stark, lord of Winterfell."

"That I am. Now explain why my man has been sayings such tales as you can lift things with your mind, can cut through a shield with a wooden sword, and possess a glowing magical blade..."

Psyckosama wrote:the first portion of your journey with Stark was peaceful, and you were able to speed upon the road with little incidence for the first few days.

And I'm very polite and friendly the entire time.

In those few days you and Stark spoke, and were asked to demonstrate your powers as a Jedi since he became interested along the way. you do so and he was impressed and intimidated. Further speaking upon the subject of your abilities made the man laugh and shake his head.

"It is fortunate you didn't demonstrate this back at the fort. If those above me had seen it, you likely would have been made part of the black watch against your will. They'd try to anyways."

There's a pregnant pause, "That would have been... unwise."

I let that linger for a moment. "But what I would have offered to do is find any among your order with the right character and willingness to dedicate themselves to the Jedi Code and the wisdom to balance two oaths... and train them in the way of the force."

And if he's force sensitive I then add, "But it seems the will of the force works in mysterious ways, Benjen Stark..."

I smile at him.

It wasn't until a little later on the fourth day that you run into something interesting. You feel a tremendous conduit of force energy off the road a distance away. It was both light...and dark.

"I sense a disturbance in the force. A strong presence both light and dark. If you will allow, I believe it bares investigation."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:22 am

Psyckosama wrote:Oh by the Force.... it was changed for a reason. First, it tended to confuse initiates. Second, as a meditation aid, as you're using it now, it was pretty much poodoo. It was still taught and understood, but the general fact is... the Jedi were, despite your twisted biases, not idiots. We have been studying the force with records going back two and a half times longer than your people used agriculture. It would be safe to assume that maybe we know a thing or two... this is not a television show.

Your initiates were younglings in every sense of the word. Besides, knowledge. The Temple has a _very_ poor track record of following that part of the code. Hells, it didn't even allow anyone short of a Council Master to do as much as _look_ at your own archived holocrons. I don't mean any Sith ones you might have been keeping out of the world, I mean Jedi ones. And even they treated those in the finest traditions of out of sight, out of mind if they contradicted current doctrine.

So much for 'there is no ignorance'.

He has great difficulty focusing. Roll a d100.

Rolling, but if I feel he has difficulty focusing, I will walk him through the original Code every step of the way. It's precisely because he has the wisdom and experience that he does that I thought he might be able to grasp it.

"Emotion exists. It guides the actions of men, it influences their judgment. We accept this, acknowledge our emotions, and are at peace with them. Through this, we may be _rational_ in our judgments."

"We all begin in ignorance. The first step to acquiring knowledge is to admit to yourself you lack it. Through this, we may begin towards earnest understanding of the world around us."

"We all experience passion. Love and hate. Hope and fear. I will allow them to pass over me and through me, but I will not let _them_ be the reason I act. A Jedi must seek to act with an even temper and a calm hand."

"And while the world may appear to swirl chaotically around us, all are connected through the Force. Terrible things happen in this world, but they also are part of life. Interconnected."

"And while death is also a fact of life, a Jedi sees less reason to fear it. Without death, there would be no life. And even though we may pass on, our deeds will have left their mark on the world, and one the Force."

Master Katarn, while unconventional, was a fine Jedi who overcame great hardship any many trials. And I'm sorry, but no. He wore unkempt neck-beard. The Goatee of my youth was far finer.

Now now, Head Obi-wan, there is no emotion ... ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:23 am

ugh ... for some reason the dice roller crapped out on me. Rolling.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next