Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by bzzt3421 Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes. 
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz

Brian Boru wrote:Into, you follow the tracks for half a day then you manage to stumble across a small camp of mauraders, at least 50 strong.  They are sitting and eating around several campfires.  They haven’t noticed yet but you notice several large hounds lolling around the edge of the camp, this seems to make the hackles of the giant wolves rise.
Looks like a good time to try out my super strength once again. First step, plant my rune weapons on the ground. Second, grab a good sized tree. Third, throw the tree at the Marauders. Forth, use the throwing axes to pick off the suvivors. Fifth, pick up rune weapons and spread some havoc. Make sure one or two survive for interrogation later. This ought to be fun.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 158g 16s

He is.

Flick.

"And let that be a lesson."

Well they certainly look impressive to her.

"Good. Now you shall learn to use them. Pistols are excellent for discouraging those who refuse to take 'no' as an answer."

He snorts, “How far do you plan to go lad?”

"Well, you know of my intent to slay the One Eye, but have you ever heard the sad tale of the Dwarf King Kazador of Karak Azul?"

Smart move

I believe so.

Well it’s two hundred miles of road you’ll have to travel but you make pretty good time.  And as you get closer to Middenheim the more people stop and look at you.  It seems that rumor really IS faster than the speed of light.  By the time you reach Schoninghagen you are forced to stop.  Waiting there for you are representatives of the priests of Ulric.  When they see you they immediately recognize you from the stories about a man who killed thousands of beastmen with his bare hands.  The leader a grizzled priest of Ulric approaches you and looks you up and down, then at your weapons, “Well you certainly look the part...So what are you called boy?  I’d like to know the name of the man folk are calling Ulric come to the land of men.”

I smile genteelly and polity introduce myself...

And I didn't kill a thousand beast men with my bare hands. I did it with weapons and I'll admit a small rain of explosives. Though I did kill several hundred with an oak tree I will admit...

“Sounds like a dream job there miss Cosmina....pun not intended...and I might have to agree with you...dreams are important...then again making sure the dead don’t walk is nothing to push aside either though.”

"Yep. Just some horses, the open road, and the respect that comes with being a member of the clergy with no one to spit on you and call your a sylvanian whore."

Looks like she's in her happy place.

“You do that more often.  My own laugh sounds more like an orc high on mushrooms and kicked in the goolies.”

She laughs harder, and more honestly this time.

If she means then I’ll lower my shield for her to perch on. “Then climb aboard my lady, your transportation awaits.”

She blinks. "Well, I was jesting but..."

She hops on and speaks in a very upper crust tone. "A lady doth not deny an opportunity when it presents itself!"

She looks VERY amused!

Once our banter is over I turn back to the captain, “Well what areas HAVE you managed to rule out and we can work from there?”

"Deep in the woods. Farther that I dare travel without a proper sized force to protect us during the night hours."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Wealth: 1230 GP in loot/coin
Inventory: 3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, sea serpent cloak, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

"That I well have to agree with, an thanks for the help Jarl as one can never be to carefully with picking who one should send the rest of one's life with."

His offer turns the attention of the women back towards the Jarl and if looks could kill then he’d be a pile of ash right now.

Well I won't lie, her experience with running things in a stead would have a great value, but I just don't know if she would be right for the others things that would be needed of her too. Though for now I'll talk with her and see how things go.

"So Renee how has life been for you lately with the Kenna and the other shield maidens? Better then at the castle or just different? An have you been handling yourself alright with the training or do you feel their style of combat is not something that you can do well in? Also what do you think of the north now and it's people now that you have had a better chance to get to know that and how they live?" I ask with interest wondering how she has grown over the month and how things are effecting her.

She’s quiet for a moment then she speaks, “To be honest I did not know what to expect when I came with you.  Though this is not what came to mind to be perfectly honest.  But compared to the life I had before, I would rather be here than trapped in a bloody gilded cage.”

As for the shield maidens, since we don't seem to have much to talk about now I'll try to break the ice and mood with talking about how to fight and kill things. Since if it worked in getting more accepted by them it should also make it easier for us to talk to each other and hopefully get to know each other better in other fields and what kinds of things they want in life and man. Though really most of my attention there is focused on Kenna, as her skill at arms and the strength seem to really draw me to her and I'm sure if by the way she acts that she knows this fact an abuses it fully since more times then not, she her blocks the actions of her sisters when she can to have more time.

As for the other three women, two of them are twins named Helga and Olga, brown of hair and eye, they have an interesting habit of finishing each other’s sentences when they speak and the few time Kenna wasn’t there, they made a habit of bookending you on either side when they talked.

The third, named Gerda, was the blonde before and the young woman is just plain dirty in mind and words after five minutes of talking with her.

"So Kenna, do you mind if I speak plainly with you?" Then once given the go ahead. "How can a women of your obvious skill at arms, beauty and drive, still be without a husband or lover? As for the life of me I can't see how you can have come to your age without one trying for that claim? As by all I know you should have to beat the men back with a axe just to get some breathing room, yet that is not the case." I speak plainly, as that question has be bugging me for a while now ever since I started to get to know the maiden.

She’s quiet for a while then she tells you that simply put, she’d been too old and too good a fighter for most men to even want to try and to be frank she never really put any real effort into it until a comrade of her’s died and she noticed that her funeral was sparse of attendants and that the front row for the dead woman’s surviving kin was empty, no husband, no children, no siblings, nothing just emptiness and frankly that scared the shit out of her down to her core.

An really for the rest of the night all I really do is try to get to know the ladies here better, get more comfortable around them and see if anything more then sexual tension can come of things.

They hadn’t been in your band during the raid so when you talked about the two battle you fought and the monstrous amount of loot your brought in, they listen with rapt attention.

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Pat him on the back. _Gently_. I don't want to shatter and bones or such.

He eventually clears his airway and thanks you for the assistance.

I ask him how pissed off his father is likely to be, given the situation.

Considering his father manages the Duke’s personal castle, the most beautiful palace in all of Bretonnia, and is one of the most influential men in the duchy under the duke. “What do you think my friend?”

Then I say I was planning on traveling around the country anyway (entirely true ^^) so we might be able to help one-another out there. After all, people are less likely to go into fits of panicked screaming of 'Norscan!', pointing local militias and errants at me and such when I'm traveling with someone else without having already skinned, branded, eaten or violated them.

He laughs and says, “Then let us assist each other in my quest to return home.”

Does he feel like learning? Not like we've got a whole lot else to do.

Well he manages eventually deign to learn skinning the rabbits and cleaning them but he draws the line at any further.  It isn’t dignified for a knight.  (he’s only 18 cut the poor idiot some slack.)

Hmm ... actually, I'll use some blueberries to tenderize the cuts of meat we'll want to eat right then rather than letting them smoke/cure a bit for later. They're acidic enough to soften up the tougher bits somewhat, and the sugar content means it'll likely caramelize nicely on the outside.

And it was delicious.

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Heh, I'll bet. Of course, *this* human isn't so easy to thrash. *grin*

HA HA!

If I was a normal human I likely would have been sporting quite the few bruises or maybe a cracked or broken bone. But i'm not a normal human, so this just irritates me.

Heh heh and she’s properly surprised at both your dodging and your toughness.

Well, that was that. Well, she's now had a first hand demonstration of my physical capabilities, dialed down as it were, so she should be rather more... well, respecting, of my capabilities, rather then just seeing the results she saw it first hand. That tends to give a whole 'nother perspective on things.

Though she may be abit miffed about how easily I took away her staff.

I step away from her and bow slightly. "Thank you for that, it was a nice break from the monotony of this trip." I smile slightly, handing back her staff.

She blinks in surprise at her disarmament, but she eventually smiles and say that maybe this won’t be such a horrible trip after all.  The next day, she tells you that from now on you’d be heading east through the forest to Salzenmund and she warns you that under no circumstances whatsoever should you lose sight of her.  You then plow through the forest, Kyra as graceful as a cat you barreling through like a wild boar.  Two days into your trip, you manage to come across a small human settlement.  Kyra is all for avoiding the place.  How about you?

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

Looks like a good time to try out my super strength once again. First step, plant my rune weapons on the ground. Second, grab a good sized tree. Third, throw the tree at the Marauders. Forth, use the throwing axes to pick off the survivors. Fifth, pick up rune weapons and spread some havoc. Make sure one or two survive for interrogation later. This ought to be fun.

Amazingly the plan works, they never see the long coming until it flattens a dozen of them.

Then before the others can recover, you charge them and begin to go through them like a chainsaw through rotten wood.  When all is said and done the only one eft is a battered and bloody man who had one of his legs pinned under the log you threw.

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen

Flick.

"And let that be a lesson."

He seems to avoid you and the girl for the rest of your stay in Mittleweg though whether he learned his lesson or if he’s just scared shitless of you is up to debate.

"Good. Now you shall learn to use them. Pistols are excellent for discouraging those who refuse to take 'no' as an answer."

She’s more than a little hesitant at first and she misses...a lot but she eventually seems to get the hang of it and you could call her at least competent by the time you meet with the wolf priest.

"Well, you know of my intent to slay the One Eye, but have you ever heard the sad tale of the Dwarf King Kazador of Karak Azul?"

His brows furrow for a moment trying to remember where he heard that name then his eyes bug when he remembers and he stares at you for a while.

I smile genteelly and polity introduce myself...

He nods in return, “Well you have manners for what looks like a bloody Northman...”

“I am Klaus a priest of Ulric.”

”And I didn't kill a thousand beast men with my bare hands. I did it with weapons and I'll admit a small rain of explosives. Though I did kill several hundred with an oak tree I will admit...

“Impressive lad.  Even if you aren’t 10 feet tall and have a pack of winter wolves at your beck and call.”

He looks you over muttering something as he does so when he looks into your eyes he seems to have spotted something.  “Interesting, very interesting...I think the ar-Ulric will want to see you.  Come with me if you please.”  He then hops back onto his horse and looks at you expectantly.

"Yep. Just some horses, the open road, and the respect that comes with being a member of the clergy with no one to spit on you and call your a sylvanian whore."

Looks like she's in her happy place.

“And a big Norscan ready and willing to punch in the faces of the few idiots who still say otherwise?”  I mention jokingly.

She laughs harder, and more honestly this time.

I chuckle with her, which is low and much more controlled than my crazyman laughs.

She blinks. "Well, I was jesting but..."

She hops on and speaks in a very upper crust tone. "A lady doth not deny an opportunity when it presents itself!"

She looks VERY amused

Then I laugh and trot around with her raised high up in the air, faster than a man should be able to move, but as smoothly as humanely possible.  I’ll wait until she either has enough or someone reminds us that we were talking about dealing with an undead issue.

"Deep in the woods. Farther that I dare travel without a proper sized force to protect us during the night hours."

“So what has actually come out of that forest, I ran into Zombies and Dire Wolves before I reached your camp but has there been anything else?  Any idea what could be leading this?  A vampire?  A necromancer?”

Whatever the answer, I suggest that the captain head in with his troops and myself one more time towards where he thinks is the most likely location for the source of this mess.  If he doubts my abilities then I’ll rip a couple of trees out of the ground and juggle the damn things a couple of times if that’s what it takes.  Or dash to a point a half mile out and ask him to time me.

If that convinces him then we head into the forest, with all my senses peeled and making sure not a damn thing happens to Cosmina and I try to watch out for the others as well.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor

Brian Boru wrote:Heh heh and she’s properly surprised at both your dodging and your toughness.

Heh, I'll bet.

She blinks in surprise at her disarmament, but she eventually smiles and say that maybe this won’t be such a horrible trip after all.  The next day, she tells you that from now on you’d be heading east through the forest to Salzenmund and she warns you that under no circumstances whatsoever should you lose sight of her.  You then plow through the forest, Kyra as graceful as a cat you barreling through like a wild boar.  Two days into your trip, you manage to come across a small human settlement.  Kyra is all for avoiding the place.  How about you?

No doubt there would be similar first reactions as with the first village. So, the best bet is to avoid it, though, it wouldn't *hurt* to scout it from a distance to see if there's anything amiss. After all, if the village has been damaged in any way or if the humans are missing, that'll be a sure sign of something being *very* amiss. So, I'd say skirt around it, but take a look from cover to see if there's anything amiss, if there isn't, then continue on.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Considering his father manages the Duke’s personal castle, the most beautiful palace in all of Bretonnia, and is one of the most influential men in the duchy under the duke. “What do you think my friend?”

"Couldn't say. It's why I'm asking. There are places in the world where it's perfectly acceptable to come to the home of your paramour in the dead of night and outright steal her away, knocking out her male relatives if they should interfere. I've not been in Bretonnia long enough to be in a position to find out what's considered acceptable here. For all I know, this whole issue might be part of some dreadfully convoluted local courtship ritual."

I say this perfectly deadpan.

Well he manages eventually deign to learn skinning the rabbits and cleaning them but he draws the line at any further. It isn’t dignified for a knight. (he’s only 18 cut the poor idiot some slack.)

Eh. We'll get there eventually, if we end up traveling together long enough and he doesn't end up dying for one reason or another.

And it was delicious.

Need to get my hands on some proper cooking utensils, maybe even a kitchen, at some point.

Anyway, I'll keep an ear out for any howling or similar nearby during the night. If there's any sign that some of the wolves are tagging along, I'll make sure to leave the offal and some of the meat out in the woods.

If everything goes smoothly and we get to the 'traveling' part without interruptions, I'll ask Mort about the immediate area's particularities by way of casual conversation. I'll also ask him whether the rest of the duchy is this ... well ... pretty. It's a bit difficult to believe, even when you're looking right at it.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Inventory: 3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, sea serpent cloak, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

His offer turns the attention of the women back towards the Jarl and if looks could kill then he’d be a pile of ash right now.
Well thank the All-father looks can't kill or otherwise I might just have been out one Jarl.

She’s quiet for a moment then she speaks, “To be honest I did not know what to expect when I came with you.  Though this is not what came to mind to be perfectly honest.  But compared to the life I had before, I would rather be here than trapped in a bloody gilded cage.”
"Well then I'm glad I could give you that chance, though hopefully in the future you can come to enjoy this life more then just prefer it." I say with a smile. "But I digress, so Renee what are your current plans once you finish training and will have full control of where you'll go, what you can do and who you can love without fear of someone else telling you otherwise? As I would figure that would be where a lot of your current thoughts would be? Or am I being to forward with that question?"

As for the other three women, two of them are twins named Helga and Olga, brown of hair and eye, they have an interesting habit of finishing each other’s sentences when they speak and the few time Kenna wasn’t there, they made a habit of bookending you on either side when they talked.
An let me guess they are always together so much most people think they are really just one mind in two bodies. But still, one can always do worse then deadly twins. But regardless, I'll try to see if there is more to then personally or if the package is really all there is to them. Also I'll try to make it a point to keep both them in my field of vision at all time since with how them be acting earlier and with how they seem to always work in tandem, I figure they will have no problem getting into some mischief if given the chance. Though I make sure this is all done politely and in good fun.

The third, named Gerda, was the blonde before and the young woman is just plain dirty in mind and words after five minutes of talking with her.
Well there is one in every group, though while spending time with her I try to see if there is anything more to her then a mindset of a sailor. As I want then just a hard women in my life.

She’s quiet for a while then she tells you that simply put, she’d been too old and too good a fighter for most men to even want to try and to be frank she never really put any real effort into it until a comrade of her’s died and she noticed that her funeral was sparse of attendants and that the front row for the dead woman’s surviving kin was empty, no husband, no children, no siblings, nothing just emptiness and frankly that scared the shit out of her down to her core.
"Being reminded of one's our mortality in our line of work is always a jarring thing, when one knows one is alone and is wise enough to know one can't live forever. An I'm sorry for the passing of your friend, though I hope she was able to go in honor on the field like you and your sisters deserve. As I too have know how the passing of a brother in arms can have on one." I say in a somber tone. Though after a silent moment in respect for the lost I go back to my more cheerful mood.

"Though Kenna, let me speak plainly. I find you a women of worth and of strong character for the time I known you and someone I feel I can trust. So let me state now since I not one for flowery words, I would like to see if there can be anything that can come from this. So will you let me have your favor fierce maiden?"

They hadn’t been in your band during the raid so when you talked about the two battle you fought and the monstrous amount of loot your brought in, they listen with rapt attention.
Well then I'll try to with my meager story teller skills, entertain them with my deeds and my friend Tregyv as it never hurts to help a friend. Though I'll make it a point to never lie or overstate our deeds, since a honest retelling should make it clear what kind of men we are and how even if Tregyv is a caster he is still a true man of the north an a good brother to have at one's back in a battle.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Money: 158g 16s[/quote]

He seems to avoid you and the girl for the rest of your stay in Mittleweg though whether he learned his lesson or if he’s just scared shitless of you is up to debate.

"If I hear about you being disrespectful to women I may have to revisit this lesson."

She’s more than a little hesitant at first and she misses...a lot but she eventually seems to get the hang of it and you could call her at least competent by the time you meet with the wolf priest.

Good.

His brows furrow for a moment trying to remember where he heard that name then his eyes bug when he remembers and he stares at you for a while.

I smile. "I intend to collect."

He nods in return, “Well you have manners for what looks like a bloody Northman...”

"I take offense to that, priest. I bathe after battle!" Chuckle.

“I am Klaus a priest of Ulric.”

"The honor is mine."

“Impressive lad.  Even if you aren’t 10 feet tall and have a pack of winter wolves at your beck and call.”

"Between us I'm glad about that. Doors are already difficult enough, and winter wolves are troublesome to keep! Too much meat and they get cranky if they feel they are being slighted on the belly rubs!"

He looks you over muttering something as he does so when he looks into your eyes he seems to have spotted something.  “Interesting, very interesting...I think the ar-Ulric will want to see you.  Come with me if you please.”  He then hops back onto his horse and looks at you expectantly.

"Its something the matter?"

I do follow.

"I do have a letter I need to show to the Graf as well."

“And a big Norscan ready and willing to punch in the faces of the few idiots who still say otherwise?”  I mention jokingly.

"Always helpful."

I chuckle with her, which is low and much more controlled than my crazyman laughs.

Smile!

Then I laugh and trot around with her raised high up in the air, faster than a man should be able to move, but as smoothly as humanely possible.  I’ll wait until she either has enough or someone reminds us that we were talking about dealing with an undead issue.

The old priest coughs slightly. "You've had your fun. On with it!"

“So what has actually come out of that forest, I ran into Zombies and Dire Wolves before I reached your camp but has there been anything else?  Any idea what could be leading this?  A vampire?  A necromancer?”

"Well, the Necromancer is obvious. Inform us next time you see a strange cloaked figure, will you?"

Whatever the answer, I suggest that the captain head in with his troops and myself one more time towards where he thinks is the most likely location for the source of this mess.  If he doubts my abilities then I’ll rip a couple of trees out of the ground and juggle the damn things a couple of times if that’s what it takes.  Or dash to a point a half mile out and ask him to time me.

You know the guy already. Wink

Your old friend has managed to recruit/conscript/bribe some terrified looking militia into aiding him.

If that convinces him then we head into the forest, with all my senses peeled and making sure not a damn thing happens to Cosmina and I try to watch out for the others as well.

Then head on in...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.
Brian Boru wrote:Amazingly the plan works, they never see the long coming until it flattens a dozen of them.

Then before the others can recover, you charge them and begin to go through them like a chainsaw through rotten wood.  When all is said and done the only one left is a battered and bloody man who had one of his legs pinned under the log you threw.

Alright, what happens next depends on whether or not I can understand him. If I can't, fix him up, loot the bodies, and drag his ass off to the Baron and friends. If I can.

"Alright friend. At this point in time we can go two ways. There is easy way, and it is very easy. You'll never know about the hard way." And with that I smiled. That sort of faint smile that people backed away from. The kind that suggests very subtly that you don't want to see it turn into a frown.

If he breaks, find out who was the leader of the band, where were they going, what was their objective, if they were a part of larger band, who was the leader of that, where they came from, and whether or not if he would like a clean death by fighting me in battle or to be set free as is.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:17 am

No doubt there would be similar first reactions as with the first village. So, the best bet is to avoid it, though, it wouldn't *hurt* to scout it from a distance to see if there's anything amiss. After all, if the village has been damaged in any way or if the humans are missing, that'll be a sure sign of something being *very* amiss. So, I'd say skirt around it, but take a look from cover to see if there's anything amiss, if there isn't, then continue on.

Expressing your opinion, Kyra admits that it would probably be wise to examine the place.  What you find is somewhat daunting.  The little village seems to have been ransacked by something or someone.  The walls were battered down and the homes either burnt or smashed apart.  When you look at the ground you notice hoofprints coming from the south and back towards it.  “Beastmen.” Kyra snarls, “Coming from the Drakwald.”

"Couldn't say. It's why I'm asking. There are places in the world where it's perfectly acceptable to come to the home of your paramour in the dead of night and outright steal her away, knocking out her male relatives if they should interfere. I've not been in Bretonnia long enough to be in a position to find out what's considered acceptable here. For all I know, this whole issue might be part of some dreadfully convoluted local courtship ritual."

I say this perfectly deadpan.

He stares at you for a moment, then he breaks down laughing, clutching his sides so hard that he falls over, tears coming from his eyes.  Once he recovers, he tells you that yes his father would be quite cross with him.  Maybe even sending him to Artois, the most backwards duchy in the kingdom.

Eh. We'll get there eventually, if we end up traveling together long enough and he doesn't end up dying for one reason or another.

Heh heh

Need to get my hands on some proper cooking utensils, maybe even a kitchen, at some point.

Anyway, I'll keep an ear out for any howling or similar nearby during the night. If there's any sign that some of the wolves are tagging along, I'll make sure to leave the offal and some of the meat out in the woods.

If everything goes smoothly and we get to the 'traveling' part without interruptions, I'll ask Mort about the immediate area's particularities by way of casual conversation. I'll also ask him whether the rest of the duchy is this ... well ... pretty. It's a bit difficult to believe, even when you're looking right at it.

He looks at you for a moment then laughs and says that Brionne is quite pretty, it is the home of poets and lovers so of course the beauty of the land and the castle would match it.

He doesn’t get why Brionne has the luxury for that.

Well thank the All-father looks can't kill or otherwise I might just have been out one Jarl.

Ha

"Well then I'm glad I could give you that chance, though hopefully in the future you can come to enjoy this life more then just prefer it." I say with a smile. "But I digress, so Renee what are your current plans once you finish training and will have full control of where you'll go, what you can do and who you can love without fear of someone else telling you otherwise? As I would figure that would be where a lot of your current thoughts would be? Or am I being too forward with that question?"

“To be honest I don’t know.  Ever since I left the South I have been just trying to survive day by day.”

An let me guess they are always together so much most people think they are really just one mind in two bodies. But still, one can always do worse then deadly twins. But regardless, I'll try to see if there is more to then personally or if the package is really all there is to them. Also I'll try to make it a point to keep both them in my field of vision at all time since with how them be acting earlier and with how they seem to always work in tandem, I figure they will have no problem getting into some mischief if given the chance. Though I make sure this is all done politely and in good fun.

Well the two of them are also ardent hunters taking turns whether one is the chaser and one the ambusher.  They’re skilled with the bow, the stabbing spear, and throwing spears.  They notice how you’re trying to always keep both in sight and they laugh at that.

Well there is one in every group, though while spending time with her I try to see if there is anything more to her then a mindset of a sailor. As I want then just a hard women in my life.

Unfortunately with this one What You See Is What You Get.

"Being reminded of one's our mortality in our line of work is always a jarring thing, when one knows one is alone and is wise enough to know one can't live forever. An I'm sorry for the passing of your friend, though I hope she was able to go in honor on the field like you and your sisters deserve. As I too have know how the passing of a brother in arms can have on one." I say in a somber tone. Though after a silent moment in respect for the lost I go back to my more cheerful mood.

She’s not so much afraid of death as she is afraid of leaving nothing behind in this world as her legacy.  Though she thanks you for the sympathy.

"Though Kenna, let me speak plainly. I find you a women of worth and of strong character for the time I known you and someone I feel I can trust. So let me state now since I not one for flowery words, I would like to see if there can be anything that can come from this. So will you let me have your favor fierce maiden?"

She’s silent for a moment, a little surprised that you’re actually considering, but she smiles and says that she’d like that.  She’d like that very much.

Well then I'll try to with my meager story teller skills, entertain them with my deeds and my friend Tregyv as it never hurts to help a friend. Though I'll make it a point to never lie or overstate our deeds, since a honest retelling should make it clear what kind of men we are and how even if Tregyv is a caster he is still a true man of the north an a good brother to have at one's back in a battle.

They listen with rapt attention and you think the twins’ interest is raised when you talk about Tregyv, seems they knew him growing up and they’d never expected ‘Twig’ to go so far.  Interesting...VERY interesting.

"If I hear about you being disrespectful to women I may have to revisit this lesson."

He flinches at that.

I smile. "I intend to collect."

“You certainly do not lack ambition”  He manages to wheeze out.

"I take offense to that, priest. I bathe after battle!" Chuckle.

“HAH!”

"Between us I'm glad about that. Doors are already difficult enough, and winter wolves are troublesome to keep! Too much meat and they get cranky if they feel they are being slighted on the belly rubs!"

That sets him laughing again.

"Its something the matter?"

“I don’t know yet lad.  We’ll let the Ar-Ulric decide that.”

I do follow.

smart move

"I do have a letter I need to show to the Graf as well."

“We’ll send you to the Graf once the Ar-Ulric has seen you.”

"Always helpful."

“Heh, true.”

Smile!

Damn anything about her not attractive?

The old priest coughs slightly. "You've had your fun. On with it!"

I blush a bit then gently lower her to the floor so she can hop off.  “Sorry about that....”

"Well, the Necromancer is obvious. Inform us next time you see a strange cloaked figure, will you?"

“True, and yes, you’ll be the first to know Father.”

You know the guy already. Wink

Oh good old Freddie

Your old friend has managed to recruit/conscript/bribe some terrified looking militia into aiding him.

Got any numbers?

Then head on in...

Then into the woods we go...looking for any signs of the undead or the Necromancer(?)

Alright, what happens next depends on whether or not I can understand him. If I can't, fix him up, loot the bodies, and drag his ass off to the Baron and friends. If I can.

You manage to find about 20 silvers worth of coin on them
You can, his leg is busted not bleeding out.

"Alright friend. At this point in time we can go two ways. There is easy way, and it is very easy. You'll never know about the hard way." And with that I smiled. That sort of faint smile that people backed away from. The kind that suggests very subtly that you don't want to see it turn into a frown.

In pain, alone and facing an avatar of destruction like you...he cracks like an egg.

If he breaks, find out who was the leader of the band, where were they going, what was their objective, if they were a part of larger band, who was the leader of that, where they came from, and whether or not if he would like a clean death by fighting me in battle or to be set free as is.  

Well his band’s leader is dead though he’s heard that most of the other bands raiding right now are moving through the swamp path, hardly anyone lives.  It means a longer trek but they have longer before a response can attack.  There are also a few beastman packs moving through the ridge path.[/quote]
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:40 am

He flinches at that.

Good.

I hope his father isn't annoyed. I didn't hurt him!

“You certainly do not lack ambition”  He manages to wheeze out.

I laugh and smile.

“HAH!”

"And use soap too!" I add. "Between us this land would do well to have more baths."

That sets him laughing again.

I smile and give him a friendly clap on the shoulder.

“I don’t know yet lad.  We’ll let the Ar-Ulric decide that.”

"Hm. Well, I mean no man of good character any ill will. To this I will attest, but if you believe that I should submit to the examination of the high priest to prove my good nature, then I shall do so without complaint."

I do follow.

smart move

Hint: This was me trying to move the plot along.

“We’ll send you to the Graf once the Ar-Ulric has seen you.”

I nod in agreement.

Damn anything about her not attractive?

Her personal history reads like a series of horror novel.

I blush a bit then gently lower her to the floor so she can hop off.  “Sorry about that....”

"Don't be. I was young once."

“True, and yes, you’ll be the first to know Father.”

Fredrick in this case.

Oh good old Freddie

Yep!

Got any numbers?

About 20 men... most of whom are drunk or about to shit themselves. Many seem to be both.

Then into the woods we go...looking for any signs of the undead or the Necromancer(?)

During the first day...

No.

So, which watch will you take.

And Cosmina seems to be getting very edgy.[/quote]
[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:Expressing your opinion, Kyra admits that it would probably be wise to examine the place.  What you find is somewhat daunting.  The little village seems to have been ransacked by something or someone.  The walls were battered down and the homes either burnt or smashed apart.  When you look at the ground you notice hoofprints coming from the south and back towards it.  “Beastmen.” Kyra snarls, “Coming from the Drakwald.”

I grimace at the sight. "Not a good thing to see." I state out loud, anger seeping into my voice. I survey the village, seeing if I can discern if there's anyone hiding within.

"How long ago would you reckon this occurred Kyra?" I inquire towards her. I myself also turn my attention towards the tracks, trying to discern how big of a band caused this destruction, and how fresh they are.

If it hasn't been too long, this band might be in the area still. Plus, it could be possible that there might be captives still alive. But... also, we need to know how this affects our travel plan.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:44 am

“To be honest I don’t know.  Ever since I left the South I have been just trying to survive day by day.”
"Well then think on it, as your training won't last forever and these kinds of things pass far faster then one would think. Though if you need help in that regard sometime in the future, I'll be there to help if you need it. So just know you have a friend here if you every need it Renee."

Well the two of them are also ardent hunters taking turns whether one is the chaser and one the ambusher.  They’re skilled with the bow, the stabbing spear, and throwing spears.  They notice how you’re trying to always keep both in sight and they laugh at that.
"Well ladies, what can I say, you two stock way to much like wolves for me not to be wary of mischief." I say whiling joining in on there mirth.

Unfortunately with this one What You See Is What You Get.
Well I guess not everyone can be a onion, but at least I know for sure now. Well at least we can still be friends.

She’s not so much afraid of death as she is afraid of leaving nothing behind in this world as her legacy.  Though she thanks you for the sympathy.
Well it sounds like I messed up my meaning again here, as it was more intended to come across as one understanding how things will end if they keep going down this path. But oh while, it still worked out alright.

She’s silent for a moment, a little surprised that you’re actually considering, but she smiles and says that she’d like that.  She’d like that very much.
"Well then let's make this official then, as where I come from it is proper to give a gift to your partner to show you intent and to let others know." An at that I step away real quick and head over to a chest that has my sea serpent cloak in it and retrieve it. Before walking back to her and draping it over her shoulders for all to see.

"So my maiden, let this cloak be my gift to you. As I know that it should serve you well in the field and guard you from arrows and attacks from the back. So that all your foes must meet you face to face and so if you must fall, it will be in fair combat." An then while I leaning in to finish clasping it on. "So then my fierce maiden, do you find my gift worthy of your favor?" I finish with a wolfish smirk.

They listen with rapt attention and you think the twins’ interest is raised when you talk about Tregyv, seems they knew him growing up and they’d never expected ‘Twig’ to go so far.  Interesting...VERY interesting.
Well now isn't that interesting, an this not only will help a friend, it will make my life easier too. An so with that thought, I turn to find Tregyv and then drag him over so that I may feed him to the wolves so to speak. By positioning him between the sisters while I go more in detail of his deeds on the field and how he was able to handle three caster at once on his own.

Then the next day I get my things in order and join up with the caravan leaving to see the dwarfs. Though before I go I make sure to say goodbye to all my friends both new and old and take 500 Gp with for costs with the dwarfs.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:35 am

Coin: 21 silver, 20 coppers
Brian Boru wrote:You manage to find about 20 silvers worth of coin on them

You can, his leg is busted not bleeding out.

In pain, alone and facing an avatar of destruction like you...he cracks like an egg.

Well his band’s leader is dead though he’s heard that most of the other bands raiding right now are moving through the swamp path, hardly anyone lives. It means a longer trek but they have longer before a response can attack. There are also a few beastman packs moving through the ridge path.

Well seeing as he did talk, I let him go with whatever choice he picked. I could probably take care of the Beastmen packs myself, but if the other bands make it past the swamp before I return to camp. Heh, no choice eh? Having made a decision, I precede to hightail it back to the camp with wolves. Where I then inform the Baron of the situation, and request to go with a small detachment to deal with the beastmen coming through the ridge.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:46 am

"Hm. Well, I mean no man of good character any ill will. To this I will attest, but if you believe that I should submit to the examination of the high priest to prove my good nature, then I shall do so without complaint."

“Well it’s more that we need to know what the hell you are but here or there.”

I nod in agreement.

Well on you ride for much of the day then as the sun is about to set, you reach Middenheim, the city of the white wolf, the jewel of the North, and it is every bit as impressive as you ever could have imagined.  You pass through the southern gate and make your way to the temple of Ulric itself, you can feel the raw power of the place down to your bones.

You pass through the gates of the temple and you almost feel....at home...

Upward and onward you go through the temple, until you reach the hall of the sacred flame itself.  There is a buzz of power in the air...so strong that it almost makes you shake.  

Then a voice calls out from around the flame.  You look to see a copperhaired and bearded man wearing a massive wolf cloak with snow white fur, coming from where a lifelike statue of Ulric sits with his wolves.  When you look at it, you swear that for an instant the statue was flicking it’s gaze to you. “Well this is the man that the rumors spoke of...”

He looks you over, taking in your size and appearance, “So lad who are you.”  From the tone of his voice, he wants for than your name.

Her personal history reads like a series of horror novel.

And there goes my happy....

"Don't be. I was young once."

I smile.

Fredrick in this case.

Frederick then...

About 20 men... most of whom are drunk or about to shit themselves. Many seem to be both.

Arms?  Armor?  I realize it won’t make that much a difference but...

During the first day...

No.

So, which watch will you take.

The second watch.  If I recall correctly three in the morning is somehow related to death so...

And Cosmina seems to be getting very edgy.

I put what I home is a reassuring hand on her shoulder and tell her that I swore to defend her even if it killed me and I intend to follow that promise through.

As an extra precaution I make sure she’s between me and the fire or another soldier the entire night.  I watch the night several stones in my right hand ready to throw, while my ax is in my left ready to swing if needed.

I grimace at the sight. "Not a good thing to see." I state out loud, anger seeping into my voice. I survey the village, seeing if I can discern if there's anyone hiding within.

“No it isn’t at all.”  There is no humor in her voice.

"How long ago would you reckon this occurred Kyra?" I inquire towards her. I myself also turn my attention towards the tracks, trying to discern how big of a band caused this destruction, and how fresh they are.

“Two-three days at the most, maybe 100 of the brutes were here.”

If it hasn't been too long, this band might be in the area still. Plus, it could be possible that there might be captives still alive. But... also, we need to know how this affects our travel plan.

They entered the Eastern part of the Laurelorn from the south and are leaving again to the Drakwald in Middenheim.  And if there is one band then there are likely dozens more elsewhere.

"Well then think on it, as your training won't last forever and these kinds of things pass far faster then one would think. Though if you need help in that regard sometime in the future, I'll be there to help if you need it. So just know you have a friend here if you every need it Renee."

“Thank you Cameron, you are truly the most Chivalrous man I know, in your own special way.”

"Well ladies, what can I say, you two stock way to much like wolves for me not to be wary of mischief." I say whiling joining in on their mirth.

The two laugh even harder.

Well I guess not everyone can be a onion, but at least I know for sure now. Well at least we can still be friends.

She asks if that’s all you want, and rolls her hips a little along your side.  Seriously she lived much further north and Slaneesh would be on her hard most like.

Well it sounds like I messed up my meaning again here, as it was more intended to come across as one understanding how things will end if they keep going down this path. But oh while, it still worked out alright.

Ah then she got that message then.

"Well then let's make this official then, as where I come from it is proper to give a gift to your partner to show you intent and to let others know." An at that I step away real quick and head over to a chest that has my sea serpent cloak in it and retrieve it. Before walking back to her and draping it over her shoulders for all to see.

"So my maiden, let this cloak be my gift to you. As I know that it should serve you well in the field and guard you from arrows and attacks from the back. So that all your foes must meet you face to face and so if you must fall, it will be in fair combat." An then while I leaning in to finish clasping it on. "So then my fierce maiden, do you find my gift worthy of your favor?" I finish with a wolfish smirk.

She stares in awe at the gift you presented her, you killed the beast that these scales came from in close combat and alone.  The scales made into a cloak are something that a Jarl would be honored to have.  And you simply gave it to her as a opening courtship gift!

She stares at you in open shock, then a smile spreads over her face and she all but leaps at you, kissing you three times, once on each cheek, then once on the lips, “Yes...a thousands times yes.”

You notice Renee looking more than a little stricken and leaving the hall.

Well now isn't that interesting, an this not only will help a friend, it will make my life easier too. An so with that thought, I turn to find Tregyv and then drag him over so that I may feed him to the wolves so to speak. By positioning him between the sisters while I go more in detail of his deeds on the field and how he was able to handle three caster at once on his own.

He finds himself more than a little overwhelmed by the sisters who talk him up, reminding him of their times as children and asking him all about the wonders and riches of the southland and the mage schools he went to.  He soon starts taking it in stride.  And by the end of the knight the three of them are laughing together in a far corner of the hall.

Well seeing as he did talk, I let him go with whatever choice he picked. I could probably take care of the Beastmen packs myself, but if the other bands make it past the swamp before I return to camp. Heh, no choice eh? Having made a decision, I proceed to hightail it back to the camp with wolves. Where I then inform the Baron of the situation, and request to go with a small detachment to deal with the beastmen coming through the ridge.

He decides to take his chances and try to hoof it back home.  Making himself a roughly splint he begins hobbling back as speeds most men couldn’t run at.

You on the other hand lead the wolves on a merry run back to camp.  When you tell the lords of your success the Kislev lords are more than a little doubtful the lady actually speaking this time calling bullshit.  Heintz however vouches for you and manages to convince the other lords of the validity of your information.  They immediately set plans to deal with the marauder bands.  At the same time Heintz give you 50 light cavalry made up of pistoleers and their Kislevite equivalent to go deal with the beasts.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 am

“Well it’s more that we need to know what the hell you are but here or there.”

I smile but do not comment.

Well on you ride for much of the day then as the sun is about to set, you reach Middenheim, the city of the white wolf, the jewel of the North, and it is every bit as impressive as you ever could have imagined.  You pass through the southern gate and make your way to the temple of Ulric itself, you can feel the raw power of the place down to your bones.

I take a deep breath and pause to touch the stones and I close my eyes and open my mind to it.

You pass through the gates of the temple and you almost feel....at home...

I smile and seem to relax.

Upward and onward you go through the temple, until you reach the hall of the sacred flame itself.  There is a buzz of power in the air...so strong that it almost makes you shake.  

I take a deep breath and seem physically affected.

Then a voice calls out from around the flame.  You look to see a copperhaired and bearded man wearing a massive wolf cloak with snow white fur, coming from where a lifelike statue of Ulric sits with his wolves.  When you look at it, you swear that for an instant the statue was flicking it’s gaze to you. “Well this is the man that the rumors spoke of...”

He looks you over, taking in your size and appearance, “So lad who are you.”  From the tone of his voice, he wants for than your name.

For a long moment my eyes lock with the image of the statue, and I seem almost lost to the world, just standing there with a small, wistful smile on my face.

This isn't the normal sense of awe a man normally gets when in the temple, but far more intimate.

Then I shake myself out of it. "I am sorry, sire. I lost myself there for a moment." I pause, "As for what I am... I am not entirely sure. Though this place feels different to me. Almost like a... home."

And there goes my happy....

Gothic Horror at that.

Arms?  Armor?  I realize it won’t make that much a difference but...

Some axes, spears, halberds, leathers, a bit of cloth and chain...

There's a couple mean looking foresters with their double handed axes and jerkins.

The second watch.  If I recall correctly three in the morning is somehow related to death so...

It passes without problem.

I put what I home is a reassuring hand on her shoulder and tell her that I swore to defend her even if it killed me and I intend to follow that promise through.

She thanks you.

As an extra precaution I make sure she’s between me and the fire or another soldier the entire night.  I watch the night several stones in my right hand ready to throw, while my ax is in my left ready to swing if needed.

Done. And the next morning it seems Cosmina has moved into your bedroll. Very Happy

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:“No it isn’t at all.”  There is no humor in her voice.

I take one more good look at the village then turn away, burning it into my mind. Any beastmen that I meet will pay for their murderous ways.

“Two-three days at the most, maybe 100 of the brutes were here.”

I sighed. "Likely too many for us to handle by ourselves. We need to keep moving, good thing we checked the village out, it would not have been good if we had gone on unaware of the danger nearby."

They entered the Eastern part of the Laurelorn from the south and are leaving again to the Drakwald in Middenheim.  And if there is one band then there are likely dozens more elsewhere.

Well, we'd better get moving, carefully, our progress will be much slowed by the need to avoid attracting the attention of beastmen bands. But it's necessary. Well, if need be I can just pick up Kyra and hoof it. But that would be rather undignified for the lady *grin*.

Anyways, nothing we can do here, let's get going.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:15 am

Inventory: 3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

“Thank you Cameron, you are truly the most Chivalrous man I know, in your own special way.”
"No thanks is needed, I simply try to live how I think is right and do what I think is honorable. Plus, helping a friend grow strong is always a joy."

The two laugh even harder.
There going to eat Tregyv alive aren't they? Razz

She asks if that’s all you want, and rolls her hips a little along your side.  Seriously she lived much further north and Slaneesh would be on her hard most like.
Well that is a little worrying.Shocked

But, yeah I let her leave.

She stares at you in open shock, then a smile spreads over her face and she all but leaps at you, kissing you three times, once on each cheek, then once on the lips, “Yes...a thousands times yes.”
An for the last kiss I return her passion with my own and just let myself bask in the glow for the time being, before breaking and saying with a smile. "While I'm glad you like the gift then."

You notice Renee looking more than a little stricken and leaving the hall.
Though my mood sours a little after I see Renee quickly leave the hall. An so I quickly turn back to Kenna. "Well my maiden, if you can just excuse me for a moment, it seems I need to tend to a friend in need."

An with that I head off to see Renee and see if I can help mend what is most likely a destroyed crush. "Renee! Renee! Ah Renee there you are." Then after spotting her I walk over and stand next to here waiting to see how her mood is and judging weather she needs a shoulder or a ear right.

He finds himself more than a little overwhelmed by the sisters who talk him up, reminding him of their times as children and asking him all about the wonders and riches of the southland and the mage schools he went to. He soon starts taking it in stride. And by the end of the knight the three of them are laughing together in a far corner of the hall.
It's always nice to be able to help a bro, though I hope I did not just sentence him to death in another way. But I guess only time will tell now. An so I'll leave him be with the sisters as I walk away with Kenna spend time with the other guest while letting him and the sisters get to know each other all over again.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:40 am

Vargr Skarin

He stares at you for a moment, then he breaks down laughing, clutching his sides so hard that he falls over, tears coming from his eyes. Once he recovers, he tells you that yes his father would be quite cross with him. Maybe even sending him to Artois, the most backwards duchy in the kingdom.

I live to amuse. Who or what, I'm not sure.

He looks at you for a moment then laughs and says that Brionne is quite pretty, it is the home of poets and lovers so of course the beauty of the land and the castle would match it.

He doesn’t get why Brionne has the luxury for that.

Interesting. So, do the other baronies have their reputation reflected upon the land like that as well? And does it extend to the knighthood, stewards of the land as they are?

Well, anyway, how goes the traveling? I'm kind of hoping pursuit was delayed enough to not be a factor, and I can trot apace with Mort's horse without too many problems.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:42 am

I take a deep breath and pause to touch the stones and I close my eyes and open my mind to it.

You have a strong feeling of connection to this place.

For a long moment my eyes lock with the image of the statue, and I seem almost lost to the world, just standing there with a small, wistful smile on my face.

It feels almost fatherly when you look at the statue’s eyes though you get the feeling that it only looks like father it isn’t truly him.  Where that thought comes from you know not.

This isn't the normal sense of awe a man normally gets when in the temple, but far more intimate.

And the Ar-Ulric picks up on that.

Then I shake myself out of it. "I am sorry, sire. I lost myself there for a moment." I pause, "As for what I am... I am not entirely sure. Though this place feels different to me. Almost like a... home."

He raises an eyebrow at that.  “In all my years serving Ulric, I’ve seen many reactions of men and women visiting this temple, from pride to awe, even the occasional disdain from particularly belligerent Sigmarites, but home?  That’s unique...So lad, about my question?”

Gothic Horror at that.

Ugh...

Some axes, spears, halberds, leathers, a bit of cloth and chain...

There's a couple mean looking foresters with their double handed axes and jerkins.

Alright...

It passes without problem.

I’m partly relieved and partly frustrated.

She thanks you.

I smile in turn, “Not a problem at all.”

Done. And the next morning it seems Cosmina has moved into your bedroll. Very Happy

When I wake up the next morning and notice the young lady rolled up next to me well enough thoughts run through my mind to make a Sigmarite choke on his indignation.  But eventually I smile and gently nudge awake, “Well I wasn’t expecting this but I certainly am not complaining.”

However she responds, I get up and get ready for the next day of marching, once again my first priority is keeping the girl close and watching for even the slightest hint of the cretins lurking in the woods.  I also ask Frederick if anyone spotted anything even remotely like the undead or the necromancer we were looking for during the night while I was asleep.

If anyone comments about Cosmina in a positive way then I’ll respond by “Must be my natural charm and my stunning good looks.”

If the comments are negative then I LOOM! over them and stare them dead in the eyes, then say in a low and deathly serious voice, “What was that you said?”

I take one more good look at the village then turn away, burning it into my mind. Any beastmen that I meet will pay for their murderous ways.

Noted.

I sighed. "Likely too many for us to handle by ourselves. We need to keep moving, good thing we checked the village out, it would not have been good if we had gone on unaware of the danger nearby."

She grits her teeth in frustration at being unable to do anything about such foulness in her people’s forest and while she wasn’t exactly fond of the human settlements no one deserved the beastmen doing Isha knows what to them

Well, we'd better get moving, carefully, our progress will be much slowed by the need to avoid attracting the attention of beastmen bands. But it's necessary. Well, if need be I can just pick up Kyra and hoof it. But that would be rather undignified for the lady *grin*.

Her staff glows when you mention carrying her, she doesn’t seem too interested in the concept.

Anyways, nothing we can do here, let's get going.

A few days later, as you plow through the forest the smell of burning flesh and wood assaults your nose and the sounds of battle echo through your ears, seems like this time you came upon them during the middle of the assault.

Inventory: 3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

”No thanks is needed, I simply try to live how I think is right and do what I think is honorable. Plus, helping a friend grow strong is always a joy."

She thanks you all the same

They're going to eat Tregyv alive aren't they? Razz

Ha ha what do you think?

Well that is a little worrying.Shocked

But, yeah I let her leave.

Probably a wise move...

An for the last kiss I return her passion with my own and just let myself bask in the glow for the time being, before breaking and saying with a smile. "While I'm glad you like the gift then."

Well most folks weren’t thinking you’d move that damn fast...

Though my mood sours a little after I see Renee quickly leave the hall. An so I quickly turn back to Kenna. "Well my maiden, if you can just excuse me for a moment, it seems I need to tend to a friend in need."

She looks towards where the Bretonnian lady went then nods.

An with that I head off to see Renee and see if I can help mend what is most likely a destroyed crush. "Renee! Renee! Ah Renee there you are." Then after spotting her I walk over and stand next to here waiting to see how her mood is and judging weather she needs a shoulder or a ear right.

Well when you manage to track her down, she’s ignoring you, instead she’s hacking into a training post with a sword as hard as she can swing, at the rate she’s going she might very well hurt herself.

It's always nice to be able to help a bro, though I hope I did not just sentence him to death in another way. But I guess only time will tell now. An so I'll leave him be with the sisters as I walk away with Kenna spend time with the other guest while letting him and the sisters get to know each other all over again.

Alrighty then.  I don’t think he’ll have THAT hard a time.

I live to amuse. Who or what, I'm not sure.

He was laughing at the absurdity of the idea of running for your damn life because you deflowered your host’s daughter as a courtship ritual and tells you so saying that he needed that laughter.

Interesting. So, do the other baronies have their reputation reflected upon the land like that as well? And does it extend to the knighthood, stewards of the land as they are?

Well he thinks so anyway.  Whether others would think so is another story entirely.

Well, anyway, how goes the traveling? I'm kind of hoping pursuit was delayed enough to not be a factor, and I can trot apace with Mort's horse without too many problems.

Quite well when he notices that you somehow manage to keep up the pace with his Bretonnian warhorse, he raises an eyebrow and asks how you manage to do that.

However the answer he likely smiles and asks for a race.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Vargr Skarin

Quite well when he notices that you somehow manage to keep up the pace with his Bretonnian warhorse, he raises an eyebrow and asks how you manage to do that.

"How does a wolf track, a bird fly, or a fish breathe water? It's just something I can do."

Grandpappy, aid my bullshit technical truth.^^

However the answer he likely smiles and asks for a race.

Sure. Should be fun. Though I'll limit myself to juuuuuust pacing him or being slightly faster rather than going full out. It'll be a good chance to practice control.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Ha ha what do you think?
Well then I guess I'll have to start looking for a new bro then soon. Razz

Well most folks weren’t thinking you’d move that damn fast...
What can I say, if I like something I go for it. Smile

Well when you manage to track her down, she’s ignoring you, instead she’s hacking into a training post with a sword as hard as she can swing, at the rate she’s going she might very well hurt herself.
Well after seeing how she is most likely going to hurt herself, I slowly walk over to here and grab here sword hand firmly but gently to stop her. "Renee, we need to talk."

Alrighty then. I don’t think he’ll have THAT hard a time.
Well it couldn't hurt his chances at least.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She grits her teeth in frustration at being unable to do anything about such foulness in her people’s forest and while she wasn’t exactly fond of the human settlements no one deserved the beastmen doing Isha knows what to them.

Quite.

Her staff glows when you mention carrying her, she doesn’t seem too interested in the concept.

Heh, as I thought, not too dignified and not so keen on it. But it is an option if we need to run really fast.

A few days later, as you plow through the forest the smell of burning flesh and wood assaults your nose and the sounds of battle echo through your ears, seems like this time you came upon them during the middle of the assault.

Well, well well. If this is the beastmen, might as well see if we can get closer and take a look. If the beastmen are attacking another village, a sudden unexpected and ferocious attack might well be just what is needed to make them break.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:36 pm

bzzt3421 wrote:
Brian Boru wrote:
He decides to take his chances and try to hoof it back home.  Making himself a roughly splint he begins hobbling back as speeds most men couldn’t run at.

You on the other hand lead the wolves on a merry run back to camp.  When you tell the lords of your success the Kislev lords are more than a little doubtful the lady actually speaking this time calling bullshit.  Heintz however vouches for you and manages to convince the other lords of the validity of your information.  They immediately set plans to deal with the marauder bands.  At the same time Heintz give you 50 light cavalry made up of pistoleers and their Kislevite equivalent to go deal with the beasts.

Heh, can't blame them for that. Perhaps I should have brought back the prisoner, but what's done is done. Right then, I think I'll take Piet with me this time, see if I can't get him a good horse with the silver. Have to make sure he can keep up with the group. After that head to the ridge, once there start stacking boulders, they could be useful. The plan is for the beast men to enter the ridge, then I'll cut off there retreat by throwing the boulders to block them out. And hit a few of them with it to boot. The have the light cavalry kite them over to me, where I'll precede to show them a bit of Shock and Awe.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:02 pm

You have a strong feeling of connection to this place.

Been established :p

It feels almost fatherly when you look at the statue’s eyes though you get the feeling that it only looks like father it isn’t truly him.  Where that thought comes from you know not.

Still, close enough. Smile

And the Ar-Ulric picks up on that.

I'm a bit too lost in my own thoughts to pick up on the fact he's picked up on that.

He raises an eyebrow at that.  “In all my years serving Ulric, I’ve seen many reactions of men and women visiting this temple, from pride to awe, even the occasional disdain from particularly belligerent Sigmarites, but home?  That’s unique...So lad, about my question?”

"I honestly don't know. I was a foundling. I've always been strong, but I was determined not to have the taint of the foul ones."

If he asks more detail I mention that...

"I've never been really affected by the winter's cold, even as a boy chills that could kill a larger man were simply uncomfortably chilly. I've heard it likened to walking outside on a windy day without your cloak, only in my case its more of a full blizzard." I think again for a moment "Wolves have always been strangely fond of me. They're troublesome creatures, independent and demanding but never really seemed to mean me any harm."

"To say nothing of my weapons. When I turned of age there was a great blizzard, which is strange because it was rare to have heavy snow that time of year. I heard a howling in the winds outside my home and followed it fearing that some fell beast was out in the distance, or that some poor creature was crying for help, trapped in the snow. Either way I believed action should be done, so. I walked into the storm searching for the creature. I found no animal but at the center of the storm I found a block of ice the size of a man's torso jetting out of the snow. It was like pure blue crystal, and trapped inside were... and axe, a sword, and two daggers. They are the only weapons I've ever seen that are able to withstand my strength. Even the best forged blades made by the most skilled of smiths will shatter like glass should I give them a solid sling."

Ugh...

Warhammer world...

When I wake up the next morning and notice the young lady rolled up next to me well enough thoughts run through my mind to make a Sigmarite choke on his indignation.  But eventually I smile and gently nudge awake, “Well I wasn’t expecting this but I certainly am not complaining.”

She's sleeping like the dead.

However she responds, I get up and get ready for the next day of marching, once again my first priority is keeping the girl close and watching for even the slightest hint of the cretins lurking in the woods.  I also ask Frederick if anyone spotted anything even remotely like the undead or the necromancer we were looking for during the night while I was asleep.

After she wakes up you find her scribbling into a small note book.

If anyone comments about Cosmina in a positive way then I’ll respond by “Must be my natural charm and my stunning good looks.”

That gets laughter.

If the comments are negative then I LOOM! over them and stare them dead in the eyes, then say in a low and deathly serious voice, “What was that you said?”

Actually, it was Fredrick and what he says is "Be careful about that one, lad. You're not the first man she attached herself to. I was there when she managed to get out of the Vampire's county. She spent some time with one of my lads at the time, a strapping young lad named Johan before moving onto the temple. The girl's mercenary for sure. She's not cruel, but she is a survivor and is used to trading her talents for protection. She might well be falling on old habits around one as strong as you."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:23 am

"How does a wolf track, a bird fly, or a fish breathe water? It's just something I can do."

He gives you a look for such a vague answer.  But doesn’t comment beyond that.

Grandpappy, aid my bullshit technical truth.^^

heh

Sure. Should be fun. Though I'll limit myself to juuuuuust pacing him or being slightly faster rather than going full out. It'll be a good chance to practice control.

Mort Sees this and picks up the pace himself and races faster, so do you, eventually he’s running his horse for all he’s worth.  Combining the lack of armor and relatively flat land the two of you are tearing across the land at easily 30 miles an hours.  And Still this isn’t the fastest you think you could run.

Eventually he’s forced to pull his horse to a stop before the animal collapses under him.  He’s panting as well and he looks over to you in amazement.  “Lady, that was incredible.”

Well then I guess I'll have to start looking for a new bro then soon. Razz

HA!

What can I say, if I like something I go for it. Smile

Heh

Well after seeing how she is most likely going to hurt herself, I slowly walk over to here and grab her sword hand firmly but gently to stop her. "Renee, we need to talk."

She turns back to you, tears in her eyes.  “Say your word and then leave me alone, I’m sure Kenna will miss you if you’re gone for too long.”  The venom in her voice is apparent.

Well it couldn't hurt his chances at least.

heh heh

Heh, as I thought, not too dignified and not so keen on it. But it is an option if we need to run really fast.

True

Well, well well. If this is the beastmen, might as well see if we can get closer and take a look. If the beastmen are attacking another village, a sudden unexpected and ferocious attack might well be just what is needed to make them break.

You approach the village, doing your best to keep silent you eventually reach sight of the village and it is an unpleasent image.  Easily 50 beastmen are doing battle with at least 30 men.  While the men are hard pressed they continue fighting though you realize they’ll be overrun in nothing is done for them.

bzzt3421 wrote:bzzt3421 wrote:

Brian Boru wrote:Heh, can't blame them for that. Perhaps I should have brought back the prisoner, but what's done is done. Right then, I think I'll take Piet with me this time, see if I can't get him a good horse with the silver. Have to make sure he can keep up with the group. After that head to the ridge, once there start stacking boulders, they could be useful. The plan is for the beast men to enter the ridge, then I'll cut off their retreat by throwing the boulders to block them out. And hit a few of them with it to boot. The have the light cavalry kite them over to me, where I'll proceed to show them a bit of Shock and Awe.

You manage to track down a horse for the kid to use.  Though the Pistoleers seem more than a bit dubious of you at first, when you present your orders from the lords, they fall in line quickly enough.

After a few hours of waiting you spot a large pack of beast men heading south under the cliff.  Easily a few hundred strong with shaman and a few minotaurs among them.

You immediately begin throwing boulders once they move past the beast quickly begin to panic as the rocks block their path back and even crush a few of their fellows.

The pistoleers begin opening fire in the back half of the herd and drive them forward, towards your position.   When you charge them, lighting sparking from your weapons...it isn’t pretty...

Still, close enough. Smile

Heh

I'm a bit too lost in my own thoughts to pick up on the fact he's picked up on that.

Ah

"I honestly don't know. I was a foundling. I've always been strong, but I was determined not to have the taint of the foul ones."

“Really?  Go on.”

If he asks more detail I mention that...

"I've never been really affected by the winter's cold, even as a boy chills that could kill a larger man were simply uncomfortably chilly. I've heard it likened to walking outside on a windy day without your cloak, only in my case its more of a full blizzard." I think again for a moment "Wolves have always been strangely fond of me. They're troublesome creatures, independent and demanding but never really seemed to mean me any harm."

"To say nothing of my weapons. When I turned of age there was a great blizzard, which is strange because it was rare to have heavy snow that time of year. I heard a howling in the winds outside my home and followed it fearing that some fell beast was out in the distance, or that some poor creature was crying for help, trapped in the snow. Either way I believed action should be done, so. I walked into the storm searching for the creature. I found no animal but at the center of the storm I found a block of ice the size of a man's torso jetting out of the snow. It was like pure blue crystal, and trapped inside were... and axe, a sword, and two daggers. They are the only weapons I've ever seen that are able to withstand my strength. Even the best forged blades made by the most skilled of smiths will shatter like glass should I give them a solid swing."

At first he stares at you incredulously, not truly believing a word coming out of your mouth, but as you continue to talk his eyes widen further as ‘something’ seems to begin to make sense to him.  He examines you closely still taking in what you’re saying but he searching for something from you what you aren’t sure.  His eye movements become more and more frantic.  When you finish your tale he’s silent for a moment.  Then he turns to the flame burning in the center of the room.  “Come with me.”

You follow him to the flame and he looks at it for a moment then he turns to you. “Place your hand in the flame, if you are who I think your might be then it will not harm you.”

If you do so then you extend your hand slowly out to the flame, no jerk or jab into it as you feel it would not be proper.  The moment your hand touches the flames they quickly run up your arm and soon you seem to be enveloped by the flames.  But there is no pain, no harm is done, instead there is only the feeling of a pleasant warmth.  At the edge of your hearing you think you hear the howling of a wolf then the flames crawl back to the proper flame as quickly as they came.  When you look at the Ar-Ulric he stares in awe at what he has seen, then he drops to his knees and begins to pray.

Warhammer world...

True

She's sleeping like the dead.

I chuckle a bit, heavy sleeper, though I’m impressed she can sleep so deep when she seem so nervous before.  It seems a bit...touching that she trusts me like that.

After she wakes up you find her scribbling into a small note book.

I raise an eyebrow in interest and glance over her shoulder to see what she’s writing.  If she takes offense I apologize and gently ask what that book is for.

That gets laughter.

I laugh with them.

Actually, it was Fredrick and what he says is "Be careful about that one, lad. You're not the first man she attached herself to. I was there when she managed to get out of the Vampire's county. She spent some time with one of my lads at the time, a strapping young lad named Johan before moving onto the temple. The girl's mercenary for sure. She's not cruel, but she is a survivor and is used to trading her talents for protection. She might well be falling on old habits around one as strong as you."

I’m silent for a while, this sort of this is honestly to be expected, in a world this harsh one did what they had to in order to survive.  But it still knocked me for a loop.   Eventually I shrug, “I’ll remember your words.  But for now I’ll simply take it as it is and I’ll accept what she’s willing to give, body or mind.”  Then I prepare for today’s march, continuing my routine of guarding Cosmina, and watching for the undead or any sign of that man in the cloak.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:31 am

Money: 158g 16s[/quote]

At first he stares at you incredulously, not truly believing a word coming out of your mouth, but as you continue to talk his eyes widen further as ‘something’ seems to begin to make sense to him.  He examines you closely still taking in what you’re saying but he searching for something from you what you aren’t sure.  His eye movements become more and more frantic.

"Is something the matter?" 

When you finish your tale he’s silent for a moment.  Then he turns to the flame burning in the center of the room.  “Come with me.”

Yeah, I follow.

You follow him to the flame and he looks at it for a moment then he turns to you. “Place your hand in the flame, if you are who I think your might be then it will not harm you.”

I look at him like he's a little crazed, but do it.

If you do so then you extend your hand slowly out to the flame, no jerk or jab into it as you feel it would not be proper.  The moment your hand touches the flames they quickly run up your arm and soon you seem to be enveloped by the flames.  But there is no pain, no harm is done, instead there is only the feeling of a pleasant warmth.  At the edge of your hearing you think you hear the howling of a wolf then the flames crawl back to the proper flame as quickly as they came.  When you look at the Ar-Ulric he stares in awe at what he has seen, then he drops to his knees and begins to pray.

I actually lift him to his feet. "What's gotten into you man?"

I chuckle a bit, heavy sleeper, though I’m impressed she can sleep so deep when she seem so nervous before.  It seems a bit...touching that she trusts me like that.

Sleep is her favorite hobby.

I raise an eyebrow in interest and glance over her shoulder to see what she’s writing.  If she takes offense I apologize and gently ask what that book is for.

"Recording my dreams. Private!"

I’m silent for a while, this sort of this is honestly to be expected, in a world this harsh one did what they had to in order to survive.  But it still knocked me for a loop.   Eventually I shrug, “I’ll remember your words.  But for now I’ll simply take it as it is and I’ll accept what she’s willing to give, body or mind.”  Then I prepare for today’s march, continuing my routine of guarding Cosmina, and watching for the undead or any sign of that man in the cloak.

You continue on for several days until you come upon a clearing. The sky is laden with storm clouds, and the sun is falling from the sky behind them, making it look like night before its time. It's a deeply harmonious feeling... then you hear the laughter. Deep, cruel, cackling laughter...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:42 am

She turns back to you, tears in her eyes.  “Say your word and then leave me alone, I’m sure Kenna will miss you if you’re gone for too long.”  The venom in her voice is apparent.
Seeing the tears in her eyes and knowing where the venom is coming from. I simply look her in the eyes and sit down, while making it clear that I not going anywhere anytime time soon. "No Renee, I will not leave you alone. As you are still my friend and someone I said I would help when you needed it. Though it looks like I'll need to do that sooner then later."

Then leaning down and bowing my head to my her. "An since I'm the one responsible for your current state, let me apologize to you for the harm I caused you and your heart. As I can see the venom and pain welling in you from this and if I can prevent it, I will not let that pain and venom you have in you heart fester in it an twist you if I can stop it. So take that blade and come at me! Strike me! Cut me! But do it until you pain is gone, your venom spent. So that you can still be the Renee I know and the one I would call friend."

Last edited by Ironforge on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:You approach the village, doing your best to keep silent you eventually reach sight of the village and it is an unpleasent image.  Easily 50 beastmen are doing battle with at least 30 men.  While the men are hard pressed they continue fighting though you realize they’ll be overrun in nothing is done for them.

Well, time to even the fight up don't you think? I turn to my elven companion. "Well, shall we see if we can kill us some beastmen?" I smiled, not a happy smile, but a menacing one. I draw both my weapons. "Please make sure that none of the beastmen get away. I should be enough, but you never know and your plant manipulation may be best used to tangle them up to prevent their escape." I wait slightly for her input, but none-the-less, I will charge the beastmen from behind, imbuing my rune weapons with the element of fire, my weapons blazed as I raced towards the beastmen.

I roar out battle cry as I reach the beastmen, my weapons lashing out, cutting into flesh and bone as I smash into the beastmen like a battering ram, cutting down the beastmen left and right. I turn into a whirlwind of death as I cut my way into the middle of the beastmen, using my strength and speed and unnatural toughness to smash or cut apart any beastmen opposition.

Of course, I try to keep the villagers in mind and make sure to keep Kyra safe.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:07 am

"Is something the matter?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

Yeah, I follow.

Alright.

I look at him like he's a little crazed, but do it.

He doesn't notice.

I actually lift him to his feet. "What's gotten into you man?"

He smiles and says, "Ulric has given us a great boon!" He then looks you over again and then continues, "In these dark days we have been assaulted from all side, beastmen grow in number, cultists are found in every settlement, the marauders of the north increase their predations. The greenskins become ever more beligerent. We have asked the gods for a sign of their favor on us. And now you appear, in the land of Ulric's people, in the heart of his greatest temple."

He falls to his knees, "HAIL CHOSEN OF ULRIC!"

He doesn't stop his praise of you for a while and you notice that others, priests and templars saw your actions and they have dropped to their knees as well. They pick up the chant as well, "HAIL CHOSEN OF ULRIC! HAIL CHOSEN OF ULRIC!"

Sleep is her favorite hobby.

Wanting to be a dreamer, that makes sense.

"Recording my dreams. Private!"

"Alright sorry." I back off.

You continue on for several days until you come upon a clearing. The sky is laden with storm clouds, and the sun is falling from the sky behind them, making it look like night before its time. It's a deeply harmonious feeling... then you hear the laughter. Deep, cruel, cackling laughter...

"And here we go." I mutter. Then I pull out my shield and ax. "Alright, Cosmina get behind me."

Then I turn towards the general direction of where the laughter was coming from, "Alright you ugly son of a bitch. Show yourself so I can kill you and the rest of us can get on with our lives." I keep my sense peeled for anything that could possibly be a threat and be ready to respond to it.

Seeing the tears in her eyes and knowing where the venom is coming from. I simply look her in the eyes and sit down, while making it clear that I not going anywhere anytime time soon. "No Renee, I will not leave you alone. As you are still my friend and someone I said I would help when you needed it. Though it looks like I'll need to do that sooner then later."

Then leaning down and bowing my head to my her. "An since I'm the one responsible for your current state, let me apologize to you for the harm I cased you and your heart. As I can see the venom and pain welling in you from this and if I can prevent it, I will not let that pain and venom you have in you heart fester in it an twist you if I can stop it. So take that blade and come at me! Strike me! Cut me! But do it until you pain is gone, your venom spent. So that you can still be the Renee I know and the one I would call friend."

She stares for a moment, then with a fury you’ve never seen from her, she start slashing at you with wild, abandon, while the blade nicks you you’re body continues to surprise you by preventing any of the strokes from biting too deep. When she can no longer lift her blade, you’re covered in dozens of small nicks that bleed freely. She finally collapses and weeps, “Why friend? Why couldn’t I be more? Am I not good enough? Am I not strong enough? Am I not fair enough? Why? Why? Why?”

Well, time to even the fight up don't you think? I turn to my elven companion. "Well, shall we see if we can kill us some beastmen?" I smiled, not a happy smile, but a menacing one. I draw both my weapons. "Please make sure that none of the beastmen get away. I should be enough, and your plant manipulation may be best used to tangle them up to prevent their escape." I wait slightly for her input, but none-the-less, I will charge the beastmen from behind, imbuing my rune weapons with the element of fire, my weapons blazed as I raced towards the beastmen.

A grim look spreads across her face and she nods, the head of her staff begins to glow again and she begins chanting something under her breath.

Your blades flash with fire. The elf stares for a moment at you but shakes her head and continues with her work.

I roar out battle cry as I reach the beastmen, my weapons lashing out, cutting into flesh and bone as I smash into the beastmen like a battering ram, cutting down the beastmen left and right. I turn into a whirlwind of death as I cut my way into the middle of the beastmen, using my strength and speed and unnatural toughness to smash or cut apart any beastmen opposition.

You hit the beast men like a landslide. Beastmen and parts of beastmen go flying in all directions, often while set on fire. You run into the occasional defender who stares at this avatar of fiery destruction but none try to talk with you. Eventually the beastmen can no longer bear this sort of attack and break and run. Unfortunately for them, they are all grabed by vines and branches that rise from the forest floor, quickly catching them and dispatching with with prejudice.

The villagers stare at what they say and when your blades snuff out and the elf emerges from the forest one woodsman with an ax and knife in hand manages to sputter out. “Who are you?”
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:19 am

"Maybe, maybe not."

I frown slightly.

He smiles and says, "Ulric has given us a great boon!"  He then looks you over again and then continues, "In these dark days we have been assaulted from all side, beastmen grow in number, cultists are found in every settlement, the marauders of the north increase their predations.  The greenskins become ever more beligerent.  We have asked the gods for a sign of their favor on us.  And now you appear, in the land of Ulric's people, in the heart of his greatest temple."

He falls to his knees, "HAIL CHOSEN OF ULRIC!"

He doesn't stop his praise of you for a while and you notice that others, priests and templars saw your actions and they have dropped to their knees as well.  They pick up the chant as well, "HAIL CHOSEN OF ULRIC!  HAIL CHOSEN OF ULRIC!"

I look dumbfounded for a while and then look at him. "If you truly believe me to be the Chosen of Ulric than please, leave me here, in this place for some time to meditate in private. While this explains some, it does not all. I've always believed in him and always thought he might have a special roll for me, but I've never been arrogant as to voice it. No, in this place I can feel his presence unlike any other, I might be able to get an answer to my prayers. I ask for you all for privacy."

If/when they leave I kneel before the statue and whisper, "Ulric, I don't know how I got here but I know I'm in the form of the son of Fenris, the winter wolf... if I truly am his son in this form, give me a sign. I'd like to claim to be your son, if you will allow it. These people need more than a simple chosen. With the dangers to come they need to believe their god would send his own flesh to guard them... will you allow me to take that roll? I will not do so without your favor. Please. Send me a sign. Let me know if you approve."

Wanting to be a dreamer, that makes sense.

It's all about the prophecy.

"Alright sorry."  I back off.

She giggles.

"And here we go."  I mutter.  Then I pull out my shield and ax.  "Alright, Cosmina get behind me."

Then I turn towards the general direction of where the laughter was coming from, "Alright you ugly son of a bitch.  Show yourself so I can kill you and the rest of us can get on with our lives."  I keep my sense peeled for anything that could possibly be a threat and be ready to respond to it.

"So proud," the black cloaked form appears before you, seemingly a ghost. He looks at you and for the first time you see his face. He looks like a reject from that old movie Nosfuratu.

Cosmina goes pale and starts to mutter, "Marea Morr ma protejeze, nu un alt un vampir..."

The vampire laughs. "Your god can't save you now, girl..."

The ground under your feet literally starts to churn like an ocean as hundreds, maybe thousands of arms burst from the soil...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next