Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:32 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 18

--------------------------------

#2 'd100' : 11

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Thank you god.

Heh

I sigh. "Relax. Well pick you up some proper armor."

I throw her my cloak.

She thanks you and pulls the cloak tight over herself.

"Valten, meet my mother. Long story how she got here... and why she looks like she's in her early 20s again I don't know."

He stares, and stares, and stares....finally he just nods and heads out muttering, "gotta get a drink, not taking this shit sober."

Your...mother turns and stares at you wondering what the hell that was.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Elector Count of the Westerlands, Protector of Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris), Valten Sigmar Reborn.
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

And the lesson of the story is don't let scary men who bless their warhammers daily smack you in the head with one.

You wake up HOURS later with a splitting headache and double vision.

EVERYONE is anxious... it seems the Ur-Ulric almost had an apoxia and was about THIS close to declaring it an assasnation attempt.

The Templar needless to say is in trouble. You want to do something?

OW OW OW OW MUTHERFUCKING OW!

Once I'm lucid enough I get the Ar-Ulric to stand down saying that I brought that on myself and I should have accounted for holy power as a force multiplier. I asked the man to help me prove a point and he did that. Though maybe next time I should get a helmet....

On the other hand my head should have turned my skull into a fine mist NOT just gonged the fuck out of me. So it still proves a point. Just found a limit is all. So let him go. Also ask if he could come with us, someone who can hit that godsdamn hard should have a place with us. Just watch where you swing that thing in the future.

She slips into a very very very thick romanian sounding accept. Seriously, she sounds like she fell out of a Dracula movie.

"When I was a child my parents favored Sylvanian over Reikspiel. It took me over a year to coach myself to speak in a proper accent."

And that explains why a girl from deepest sylvania sounds like a reasonably well bred Reiklander.

I blink at how thick it sounded, damn that's impressive. I tell her she's done a VERY good job with her Reikspiel not many could do so well I think. So would she willing to teach me? I'd rather not have a pack of nuts who actually like those undead fucks plotting right infront of me if I could help it.

As for resistance that normally ends in being eaten and added to the Count's army... as a Zombie.

True but I'll just keep that information stored away for later.

Burn down Inns and Barns, kill people in brawls. Got it.

"I SAID DON'T!" I snarl this, with teeth bared, and I would imagine my eyes practically glow at this point. Maybe acting like an alpha would cow the rest of the pack, I hope...

Groan. Deep groan.

I clap him on the shoulders and tell the man, "Cheer up! You're with Ulric's personal Champion and Sigmar come again, on a quest to find the lost hammer of the founder of the empire. This should be your paradise my good man." I say good-naturedly

Bastard fights dirty.

When he goes up against Archaon he won't have the luxury to fight like he was in a noble duel so good on him.

one hundred sider.

Dice gods don't fail me now!

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Companion: Wood Elf Mage Kyra
Misc: One Manticore corpse

Looking behind you, you see a group of Dwarves, younger ones if the shortness of the beards signified anything.

You see 5 of them, well maybe 6 because one of them is female...and heavily pregnant of all things. And that cry you heard....dear god you think she's going into labor...right here and right now....
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She thanks you and pulls the cloak tight over herself.

"We're going to have to buy you some armor. And pants."

He stares, and stares, and stares....finally he just nods and heads out muttering, "gotta get a drink, not taking this shit sober."

I snort.

Your...mother turns and stares at you wondering what the hell that was.

I explain.

We're going to be conquering this city tomorrow. The two of us... or rather the three of us I guess. Welcome to club nuts.

You know, considering you were dead and literally fell out of one of a dream... I wonder if your presence can't in some way be attributed to Morr?

Would probably make your presence here make a lot more sense to the locals.

Titles: Elector Count of the Westerlands, Protector of Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris), Valten Sigmar Reborn.
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

OW OW OW OW MUTHERFUCKING OW!

There's a bump. A big one.

Once I'm lucid enough I get the Ar-Ulric to stand down saying that I brought that on myself and I should have accounted for holy power as a force multiplier.  I asked the man to help me prove a point and he did that.  Though maybe next time I should get a helmet....

He accepts. Begrudgingly. Do you go and see the Templar to make sure HE is alright?

On the other hand my head should have turned my skull into a fine mist NOT just gonged the fuck out of me.  So it still proves a point.  Just found a limit is all.  So let him go.  Also ask if he could come with us, someone who can hit that godsdamn hard should have a place with us.  Just watch where you swing that thing in the future.

"Next time do not ask strange men to hit you in the head with their hammers."

I blink at how thick it sounded, damn that's impressive.  I tell her she's done a VERY good job with her Reikspiel not many could do so well I think.  So would she willing to teach me?  I'd rather not have a pack of nuts who actually like those undead fucks plotting right infront of me if I could help it.

She smirks. If you'll teacher her Norskin.

True but I'll just keep that information stored away for later.

Alright.

"I SAID DON'T!"  I snarl this, with teeth bared, and I would imagine my eyes practically glow at this point.  Maybe acting like an alpha would cow the rest of the pack, I hope...

They all start laughing.

I clap him on the shoulders and tell the man, "Cheer up!  You're with Ulric's personal Champion and Sigmar come again, on a quest to find the lost hammer of the founder of the empire.  This should be your paradise my good man."  I say good-naturedly

Oh, he's honored to be part of this... but...

The Ulricians are pretty much anti-flagellants. They're flee bitten madmen who pretty much are drunken berserkers.

Between their parting and your... nighttime activities, he hasn't slept properly in almost a week.

When he goes up against Archaon he won't have the luxury to fight like he was in a noble duel so good on him.

He knows.

Dice gods don't fail me now!

And failed!

Thankfully you told Valten what to look for and he picks it up in moments.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

Brian Boru wrote:They're also Artois knights, they're absurdly practical compared to others out there.  Brionne knights, Brinonne knights would be on her like ants at a broken down popsicle stand.  Or almost anywhere else....

Hm. I suppose.

Mort does his best NOT to let out how much a playboy he is, but it's a bit hard when you've seduced grandmothers before, (DAMMIT YOU THOUGHT YOU SUPPRESSED THAT!).  He does let out that he actually IS good at being a bard, (unlike nearly every Tom, Dick, or Harry in Brionne who only THINKS that he is).

Well, if he has a talent, he should use it. As long as it's not the _other_ one. That's gotten him into a disproportionate amount of trouble thus far.

The two girls from the forest are a bit stereotypical of Artois ladies, isolated, indpendent, and more skilled at what many might consider peasant work than ladies of other duchies.  However considering their circumstances that repetoir of skills is something of a necsecity.

Young de Larret you learn is very good at book balancing, something that kinda goes over the heads of the other three, no need for the girls, and not his interest in Mort although his father was Castellean of Brionne castle.

All three have something in common. They're not just there to sit back and look pretty. I spend more than a bit of time talking to each of the ladies about what it is they enjoy doing, and their contribution to how lands are run or administered. And even if balancing books seems to go over Mort's and two of the ladies' heads, I describe the gist in simple terms, in relation to a holding's supplies and strength of arms. Armies march on their stomachs and fight with their purses after all.

Well when you spar with him you learn that while he isn't as strong as some Bretonnian knights, he's fast, nimble, and very skilled with a single handed blade.  You still beat the stuffing out of him, hopefully that will keep him from chasing skirts that are married.  Cossack still glares death at Mort when he thinks the young man isn't looking.

As long as he's actually improving. If so, regular morning sparring. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:30 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor

Brian Boru wrote:Looking behind you, you see a group of Dwarves, younger ones if the shortness of the beards signified anything.

Dwarves... travelling in Skaven Tunnel infested by tons of Skaven? Slaves perhaps to the Skaven? If so I'll have to get them back to a Dwarven hold or to a Sigmarite church or something since Sigmar's commandments (IIRC) include helping the Dwarfs anyway possible.

You see 5 of them, well maybe 6 because one of them is female...and heavily pregnant of all things.  And that cry you heard....dear god you think she's going into labor...right here and right now....

Well... shit. I'll motion to Kyra and help her down in the tunnel. Elves and Dorfs don't mix, but hopefully given the carnage I wrought in the tunnel the Dorfs will be too afraid to start something. Since I've got no skill that can help with this but Kyra might.

I'll ask her if she can help. If not in the birthing then healing and strengthening the mother after the birth as well as taking a look at the baby dwarf.

I'll talk to the Dwarves and find out who they are too, also, try to reassure them as much as possible that we don't mean harm.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:07 am

Psyckosama wrote:"We're going to have to buy you some armor. And pants."

She thanks you though she does wonder how you're going to get her measurements. She's got a pet peeve when it comes to ill-fitting clothing.

I snort.

10 AM is a little early for the hard stuff but dammit it's happy hour somewhere.

I explain.

We're going to be conquering this city tomorrow. The two of us... or rather the three of us I guess. Welcome to club nuts.

The most evil grin spreads across her face. "Interesting....Tell me more...."

You know, considering you were dead and literally fell out of one of a dream... I wonder if your presence can't in some way be attributed to Morr?

Would probably make your presence here make a lot more sense to the locals.

She blinks at the name, she apparently saw the God once when she and Ulric were having their ...tryst...gloomiest black pole she'd ever seen in her life.

There's a bump. A big one.

Considering what could have happened...yeah I'll take my wins where I can.

He accepts. Begrudgingly. Do you go and see the Templar to make sure HE is alright?

Absolutely, apologizing profusely for anything my companions did to him after he clocked me. It was my fault for agreeing to that suggestion.

"Next time do not ask strange men to hit you in the head with their hammers."

"A very wise piece of advise."

She smirks. If you'll teacher her Norskin.

"With pleasure, now to start with you work from deep in your throat and put some swinging sing-song...." I'll teach her for as long as she is interested.

They all start laughing.

Sokka-style facepalm...wonder if I can find something that'll exhaust them before we enter a town....yeah right....

Oh, he's honored to be part of this... but...

The Ulricians are pretty much anti-flagellants. They're flee bitten madmen who pretty much are drunken berserkers.

Between their parting and your... nighttime activities, he hasn't slept properly in almost a week.

Blushing and cough...erm well I guess we could find places away from camp in the evenings....

He knows.

Excellent.

And failed!

DAMMIT!

Thankfully you told Valten what to look for and he picks it up in moments.

Excellent, more fitting that way. I help the others up and we follow down the path, I keep my ax and shield ready for whatever is coming up ahead. My memory is a bit hazy about what's ahead but I do know that a necropolis is one of the first checkpoints on our trek.

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Hm. I suppose.

Different standards to the rest of Bretonnia, anywhere else in the kingdom and she'd be the hottest piece of ass ever!

Well, if he has a talent, he should use it. As long as it's not the _other_ one. That's gotten him into a disproportionate amount of trouble thus far.

Heh.

All three have something in common. They're not just there to sit back and look pretty. I spend more than a bit of time talking to each of the ladies about what it is they enjoy doing, and their contribution to how lands are run or administered. And even if balancing books seems to go over Mort's and two of the ladies' heads, I describe the gist in simple terms, in relation to a holding's supplies and strength of arms. Armies march on their stomachs and fight with their purses after all.

Well one of the forest ladies enjoys hawking while the other's favorite hobby is needlework. De Larret on the other hand is something of a bookworm. Not to the exclusion of all else but they're wonderful things to get lost in on dull days.

When they get the idea of what she's good at all three have more respect for her talents even if they still don't understand all the intricacies of it. de Larret seems happy that someone seems impressed at her talents for once besides her father.

As long as he's actually improving. If so, regular morning sparring. ^^

"Oh such wonderful mornings to look forward to now my good friend...."

Dwarves... travelling in Skaven Tunnel infested by tons of Skaven? Slaves perhaps to the Skaven? If so I'll have to get them back to a Dwarven hold or to a Sigmarite church or something since Sigmar's commandments (IIRC) include helping the Dwarfs anyway possible.

They're slaves, most likely called in for some sort of stone work, and the female was brought along as motivation.

Well... shit. I'll motion to Kyra and help her down in the tunnel. Elves and Dorfs don't mix, but hopefully given the carnage I wrought in the tunnel the Dorfs will be too afraid to start something. Since I've got no skill that can help with this but Kyra might.

I'll ask her if she can help. If not in the birthing then healing and strengthening the mother after the birth as well as taking a look at the baby dwarf.

Neither side wants to have anything to do with the other and you fear a fight might break out when another squeal of pain comes from the dwarfess. All hostilites fly out the window and Kyra sets to work. You also get dragooned into helping....you learn two things....one female dwarves have some necessarily WIDE hips....and two dwarves are infact NOT born with a beard....though considering the babe was female you still don't have complete proof for that theory. As the She-Dwarf cuddles her child, one of the other dwarves, slightly bigger than the others and with an inch-longer beard bows his head to the both of you, thanking you for aiding his lover and daughter. He doesn't say wife because since they were captured young they never got the opportunity to do the specific marriage rituals.

I'll talk to the Dwarves and find out who they are too, also, try to reassure them as much as possible that we don't mean harm.

They're from the grey mountains originally. Karak norn, mining families, that's why they were being brought along, they were being made to point out to their masters how best to attack the hold. His woman and child's lives were being used as incentives to go along.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 am

Brian Boru wrote:They're slaves, most likely called in for some sort of stone work, and the female was brought along as motivation.

Right, well, I'm gonna need to get these dwarves back to their own people ASAP. Hopefully the Dorfs will accept them.

Neither side wants to have anything to do with the other and you fear a fight might break out when another squeal of pain comes from the dwarfess.  All hostilites fly out the window and Kyra sets to work.  You also get dragooned into helping....you learn two things....one female dwarves have some necessarily WIDE hips....and two dwarves are infact NOT born with a beard....though considering the babe was female you still don't have complete proof for that theory.  As the She-Dwarf cuddles her child, one of the other dwarves, slightly bigger than the others and with an inch-longer beard bows his head to the both of you, thanking you for aiding his lover and daughter.  He doesn't say wife because since they were captured young they never got the opportunity to do the specific marriage rituals.

Glad it turned out well.

They're from the grey mountains originally. Karak norn, mining families, that's why they were being brought along, they were being made to point out to their masters how best to attack the hold.  His woman and child's lives were being used as incentives to go along.

Their dead 'masters' now. Glad I managed to short circuit this bunch. Do they know of any other groups of Skaven trying the same thing? If there are others, may as well interrupt them as well.

If I'm not too far from Karak Norn I can likely escort these dwarves to there. Or if the Imperial city is closer, to that city to request the aid of the Sigmarites there to convey the Dorfs to their hold safely.

But first, I'll see what they would prefer.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:53 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:Well one of the forest ladies enjoys hawking while the other's favorite hobby is needlework.  De Larret on the other hand is something of a bookworm.  Not to the exclusion of all else but they're wonderful things to get lost in on dull days.

"Quite. I've been working my way through the castle's library myself. Tilean and Estalian still elude me though. More's the pity. I'd heard some of the Tilean works can be more than a bit provocative."

I also mention that while I've never tried hawking, I do have a bit of experience in hunting with animals. And that I'd invite them out for a day trip of such if they're interested, but there's that problem of disappearing into the woods with a burly Norscan and several dozens of wolves.

When they get the idea of what she's good at all three have more respect for her talents even if they still don't understand all the intricacies of it.  de Larret seems happy that someone seems impressed at her talents for once besides her father.

Again, progress. ^^ Also, if Larret really does intend to split from the duchy - and I'm not really seeing indications of that in Maria - we might just have planted a seed of dissent.

"Oh such wonderful mornings to look forward to now my good friend...."

"Sweat in practice to not bleed in battle. Bleed in practice to not _die_ in battle," I shrug. "Besides, you get good enough, you may not have to worry about angry fathers and brothers. Consider that your motivation."

What? Far be it from me to begrudge him his dream. He could use some prudence in pursuing it beaten into him though.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She thanks you though she does wonder how you're going to get her measurements.  She's got a pet peeve when it comes to ill-fitting clothing.

"We borrow a dress from one of the barmaids and get you sized..." my eyes narrow. "But didn't you spend almost your entire early career clad in combat salvage?"

10 AM is a little early for the hard stuff but dammit it's happy hour somewhere.

"The world is round. It's always time for something somewhere."

The most evil grin spreads across her face.  "Interesting....Tell me more...."

I tell her The Plan.

She blinks at the name, she apparently saw the God once when she and Ulric were having their ...tryst...gloomiest black pole she'd ever seen in her life.

"Well, that or Akatosh was sick of Chaos walking on his lawn and decided to send you to help spank the four motherfuckers."

Anyways, moving on?

Considering what could have happened...yeah I'll take my wins where I can.

Heh.

Absolutely, apologizing profusely for anything my companions did to him after he clocked me.  It was my fault for agreeing to that suggestion.

The man spent last night scourging himself in penance. He has a back that looks like burger and he's begging your forgiveness.

"A very wise piece of advise."

"Quite" The comment was so dry it could dehydrate a melon

"With pleasure, now to start with you work from deep in your throat and put some swinging sing-song...."  I'll teach her for as long as she is interested.

She has a good ear for languages.

Sokka-style facepalm...wonder if I can find something that'll exhaust them before we enter a town....yeah right....

So, whores? Wink

Blushing and cough...erm well I guess we could find places away from camp in the evenings....

IF you do... d100!

Excellent, more fitting that way.  I help the others up and we follow down the path, I keep my ax and shield ready for whatever is coming up ahead.  My memory is a bit hazy about what's ahead but I do know that a necropolis is one of the first checkpoints on our trek.

Cosmina looks over. "Define Necropolis."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Right, well, I'm gonna need to get these dwarves back to their own people ASAP. Hopefully the Dorfs will accept them.

Why wouldn't they?

Glad it turned out well.

The look in his eyes when he turns back to his woman and child seems to confirm that.

Their dead 'masters' now. Glad I managed to short circuit this bunch. Do they know of any other groups of Skaven trying the same thing? If there are others, may as well interrupt them as well.

Unsure exactly how many but there might be at least 6 or 7 more groups heading to Nuln for some mad caper in the underground.

If I'm not too far from Karak Norn I can likely escort these dwarves to there. Or if the Imperial city is closer, to that city to request the aid of the Sigmarites there to convey the Dorfs to their hold safely.

But first, I'll see what they would prefer.

See above.

"Quite. I've been working my way through the castle's library myself. Tilean and Estalian still elude me though. More's the pity. I'd heard some of the Tilean works can be more than a bit provocative."

All three women blink when you mention that you can read and apparently are an avid reader, Norscans aren't well known for their letters.

I also mention that while I've never tried hawking, I do have a bit of experience in hunting with animals. And that I'd invite them out for a day trip of such if they're interested, but there's that problem of disappearing into the woods with a burly Norscan and several dozens of wolves.

The lady who's hobby is hawking seems interested at that and asks how you hunt with the wolves, aren't they wild beasts? How do you control them anyway?

Again, progress. ^^ Also, if Larret really does intend to split from the duchy - and I'm not really seeing indications of that in Maria - we might just have planted a seed of dissent.

She doesn't really want to do so and for most folk it's really the fear that the Duke of Lyonesse is going to try and snap up Larret, and it already is one of the biggest Duchies in the kingdom when it took away the decent part of Mousillon.

"Sweat in practice to not bleed in battle. Bleed in practice to not _die_ in battle," I shrug. "Besides, you get good enough, you may not have to worry about angry fathers and brothers. Consider that your motivation."

What? Far be it from me to begrudge him his dream. He could use some prudence in pursuing it beaten into him though.

Words of wisdom he admits. He doubts though that the angry male relations will ever cease being a risk, if he gets better then so will they, they're jerks like that.

Psyckosama wrote:"We borrow a dress from one of the barmaids and get you sized..." my eyes narrow. "But didn't you spend almost your entire early career clad in combat salvage?"

Why do you think she doesn't like it? She had to live like that for YEARS!

And you do manage to get a dress, though it DOES seems a hair short, and tight around the hips.

"The world is round. It's always time for something somewhere."

"Fascinating...now let me get drunk so things start making sense again."

I tell her The Plan.

"I like it. Anything I could do to help?"

"Well, that or Akatosh was sick of Chaos walking on his lawn and decided to send you to help spank the four motherfuckers."

Anyways, moving on?

However you want to spend the rest of the day, the day after that is the weekly meeting of the 10, the group is droning one about the best way to deal with a increase in the number of sharks messing up local fishing ventures, when van de Kyupers speaks up, "Does anyone else have anything else to add to this discussion?"

The man spent last night scourging himself in penance. He has a back that looks like burger and he's begging your forgiveness.

Can't exactly be horrified, just accept his apologies and forgive him though mention I'm at fault as well for asking him to do that.

"Quite" The comment was so dry it could dehydrate a melon

Heh

She has a good ear for languages.

Good.

So, whores? Wink

If it works then I'll use it. Or enough booze to kill a moose.

IF you do... d100!

We'll give it a try.

"Empty city and a whole bunch of bones all over the place. There might be a dragon later...."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Why do you think she doesn't like it?  She had to live like that for YEARS!

"One we're back in the empire I'll be sure to buy you a suit of the finest plate decorated in the Nordic Manner. Until then, we simply have to make due."

And you do manage to get a dress, though it DOES seems a hair short, and tight around the hips.

And I bet the barmaid is annoyed as hell about it too.

"Fascinating...now let me get drunk so things start making sense again."

"We can't afford drunkenness this close to the go-time."

I tell her The Plan.

"I like it.  Anything I could do to help?"

"Just there stand there with us looking awesome and utterly badass. It's all about the show. Plus your aid in tripping these mealy mouthed merchants on their own tongues would help as well."

However you want to spend the rest of the day, the day after that is the weekly meeting of the 10,

Well, she gets a history of the world explanation up to and including the difference between the dwarves, elves, and Orcs.

the group is droning one about the best way to deal with a increase in the number of sharks messing up local fishing ventures, when van de Kyupers speaks up, "Does anyone else have anything else to add to this discussion?"

The Ceiling explodes.

When the dust clears I'm standing there with the Dovakiin and Sigmar reborn. I'm smoking a pipe.

"Why yes, actually. But please, allow me to introduce. I am the Chosen of Ulric, beside me are the Sigmar Reborn and the Last Dragonborn, a hero of great repute in other realms. We're here to discuss vile corruption in the ranks of the Directorate, such as..."

And I begin the laundry list. Wink

During the accusations I bring in Grandma, mention the butcher, and the Cathayan embassy...

Can't exactly be horrified, just accept his apologies and forgive him though mention I'm at fault as well for asking him to do that.

He thanks you on his knees for your mercy and kindness...

If it works then I'll use it.  Or enough booze to kill a moose.

Oh. Both then.

IF you do... d100!

We'll give it a try.

And just because I'm an ass... you get attacked by bandits! Very Happy

"Oh, now wot do we 'ave 'ere lads?"

"A right comly little lass... mind scooting over so me and me mates can give 'er a go?"

Cosmina sighs. "Skarin, could you be a dear and remove these distractions..."

"Got a sharp tongue this one does... be best to put it to a better use, wouldn't ye say boys?"

"And castrate that one before you kill him, please?"

"Empty city and a whole bunch of bones all over the place.  There might be a dragon later...."[/quote]

"I'm going to have to send a message in the Raven Guard aren't I?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
Why wouldn't they?

Woops, don't know what I was thinking.

The look in his eyes when he turns back to his woman and child seems to confirm that.

Another piece of good done in this crapsack world.

Unsure exactly how many but there might be at least 6 or 7 more groups heading to Nuln for some mad caper in the underground.

Right, if I can carry all the dorfs and Kyra and make it to Nuln safely, I'll do that. Or, if the baby is too young to take that, I'll get the Dorfs to make a makeshift sled or something that I can use to carry them all.

Either way, I'll need to get them to Nuln so that I can circle around the city and get the Skaven tunnels without having to worry about non-combatants and others that are not as strong as me. Once I manage to get them safely to Nuln, I'll circle around the city, listening for any Skaven underground. Once found I'll rinse and repeat what i did here, crush the tunnel, get in among the Skaven and slaughter my way through them.

Oh, before that, I'll need to warn the city garrison that the Skaven are coming.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:"One we're back in the empire I'll be sure to buy you a suit of the finest plate decorated in the Nordic Manner. Until then, we simply have to make due."

She nods, she can live with that....what kind of empire are we talking about here?

And I bet the barmaid is annoyed as hell about it too.

Well the missing dress is irritating.

"We can't afford drunkenness this close to the go-time."

"May the the dark gods eat your innards...." He doesn't go get stinking drunk.

"Just there stand there with us looking awesome and utterly badass. It's all about the show. Plus your aid in tripping these mealy mouthed merchants on their own tongues would help as well."

"Sounds fun. I'm in."

Well, she gets a history of the world explanation up to and including the difference between the dwarves, elves, and Orcs.

"So the elves are both better and worse....and are still dicks...somehow I'm not surprised...."

The Ceiling explodes.

Loud shrieks.

When the dust clears I'm standing there with the Dovakiin and Sigmar reborn. I'm smoking a pipe.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?"

"Why yes, actually. But please, allow me to introduce. I am the Chosen of Ulric, beside me are the Sigmar Reborn and the Last Dragonborn, a hero of great repute in other realms. We're here to discuss vile corruption in the ranks of the Directorate, such as..."

Kyupers, you think, calls the guards to bring the three assassins to justice. They don't last long. None dead but they're not going to be a threat to anyone. Everyone stares at you in horror.

And I begin the laundry list. Wink

During the accusations I bring in Grandma, mention the butcher, and the Cathayan embassy...

Kyupers seems relatively calm during the accusations until Granny comes in, when she tells her tale, the common folk, who'd been listening in to the conversation all but explode in rage. Unless you told this tale last then you're interrupted in your accusations when a wave of dockhands and ferrymen storm the directors to get a Kyupers.

He thanks you on his knees for your mercy and kindness...

"Get up man please, if you want to thank me properly then use that swing of your on the foes of humanity."

Oh. Both then.

Both, either, whatever it takes to keep them occupied.

And just because I'm an ass... you get attacked by bandits! Very Happy

"Oh, now wot do we 'ave 'ere lads?"

oh you motherfu....

"A right comly little lass... mind scooting over so me and me mates can give 'er a go?"

Cosmina sighs. "Skarin, could you be a dear and remove these distractions..."

"...gladly..."

Then with raging fury I turn around.

"Got a sharp tongue this one does... be best to put it to a better use, wouldn't ye say boys?"

And promptly grab him by the throat and bring him to eye level.

"That. Is. My. Fiance. You. Will. Treat. Her. With. The. Respect. She. Deserves!"

I promptly beat the shit out of them, then while they're still alive I force them onto their knees and demands that they beg Cosmina's forgiveness for interrupting us and insulting her. If she forgives them then I boot them into a lake, if not well breaking a man's neck is the same as with a chicken right?

"And castrate that one before you kill him, please?"

"Do I have to? Considering where it might have been."

"I'm going to have to send a message in the Raven Guard aren't I?"

Not utterly necessary but if you think we have the time to relay a message to the closest ones....

Woops, don't know what I was thinking.

Heh

Another piece of good done in this crapsack world.

Heh

Right, if I can carry all the dorfs and Kyra and make it to Nuln safely, I'll do that. Or, if the baby is too young to take that, I'll get the Dorfs to make a makeshift sled or something that I can use to carry them all.

It's astounding what the dwarves can do with some bent pieces of steel and leather straps....

Either way, I'll need to get them to Nuln so that I can circle around the city and get the Skaven tunnels without having to worry about non-combatants and others that are not as strong as me. Once I manage to get them safely to Nuln, I'll circle around the city, listening for any Skaven underground. Once found I'll rinse and repeat what i did here, crush the tunnel, get in among the Skaven and slaughter my way through them.

roll a d100 for the trek

Oh, before that, I'll need to warn the city garrison that the Skaven are coming.

You mean the creatures that DO NOT EXIST! Certainly not having anything to do with that minor scuffle with some mutants with vauge rodent like qualites right? (the invasion by thanquol and thwarted by Gotrek and Felix about 20 years ago)

....isn't denial fun? Very Happy 
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:She nods, she can live with that....what kind of empire are we talking about here?

History lesson.

"Not quite Tiber Septum, but considering the humans weren't even working iron at the time... bloody impressive. It's shrank a bit since then."

Well the missing dress is irritating.

I leave a gold crown in its place.

"May the the dark gods eat your innards...."  He doesn't go get stinking drunk.

"Love you too, little brother."

"Sounds fun.  I'm in."

"I knew you would be. You can't hear about a quest without being interested..."

"So the elves are both better and worse....and are still dicks...somehow I'm not surprised...."

"I'd say they're more dickish here. At least the Wood Elves and Dark Elves back on Tamriel weren't that bad. Though the high elves more than made up for it in dickishness."

Loud shrieks.

Gotta make an entrance!

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?"

I'm getting to it!

Kyupers, you think, calls the guards to bring the three assassins to justice.   They don't last long.  None dead but they're not going to be a threat to anyone.  Everyone stares at you in horror.

"That was exceptionally rude."

[quote]And I begin the laundry list. Wink

Kyupers seems relatively calm during the accusations until Granny comes in, when she tells her tale, the common folk, who'd been listening in to the conversation all but explode in rage.  Unless you told this tale last then you're interrupted in your accusations when a wave of dockhands and ferrymen storm the directors to get a Kyupers.

"HOLD!" I cough. "Now my good men... If you kill him now then you will be sparing him the interrogator's chair and the chance to find out what evils he's been up to that I haven't discovered! Plus if you hang him that means he won't be alive when we burn him... for such is the punishment for the worshipers of chaos, is it not? So hang or burn?"

I smile smugly and then state that these fools have proven unable to lead the city honorably on their own. They need someone to watch over them and ensure honesty...

And this is where I go on about reentering the empire. Not to strip Marienberg of her freedom, no, but rather to make sure someone is watching the watchers. How it comes back can be negotiated though... But it is coming back.

"Get up man please, if you want to thank me properly then use that swing of your on the foes of humanity."

There's a fire in his eyes. "Of course!"

Both, either, whatever it takes to keep them occupied.

Be glad you have lots of gold.

oh you motherfu....

Heh...

"...gladly..."

Then with raging fury I turn around.

Heh...

And promptly grab him by the throat and bring him to eye level.

"That. Is. My. Fiance. You. Will. Treat. Her. With. The. Respect. She. Deserves!"

I promptly beat the shit out of them, then while they're still alive I force them onto their knees and demands that they beg Cosmina's forgiveness for interrupting us and insulting her.  If she forgives them then I boot them into a lake, if not well breaking a man's neck is the same as with a chicken right?

Roll a d10

"Do I have to?  Considering where it might have been."

She pouts.

Not utterly necessary but if you think we have the time to relay a message to the closest ones....

She means you're probably not going to have time to clear the place.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:It's astounding what the dwarves can do with some bent pieces of steel and leather straps....

Heh, they are Dorfs, what can you say?

roll a d100 for the trek

Right, let's hope I make it there before the Skaven do eh?

You mean the creatures that DO NOT EXIST!  Certainly not having anything to do with that minor scuffle with some mutants with vauge rodent like qualites right? (the invasion by thanquol and thwarted by Gotrek and Felix about 20 years ago)

....isn't denial fun? Very Happy 

Hah. Bah, I guess I'll just see what I can do once I get to the city.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:18 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 39

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:17 am

Vargr Skarin

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name[/quote]

Brian Boru wrote:All three women blink when you mention that you can read and apparently are an avid reader, Norscans aren't well known for their letters.

"As a young boy I craved tales of adventure and derring-do, which my parents shamelessly exploited as motivation for me to learn. I expanded my repertoire as I got older," I say simply.

The lady who's hobby is hawking seems interested at that and asks how you hunt with the wolves, aren't they wild beasts?  How do you control them anyway?

"They've listened to me since my first hunt," technically true. "It's something I've inherited from an ancestor of mine apparently. Once I knew Mort here would be sent to Artois and decided to come along, I gathered a pack in Brionne and had them come with."

And if they're skeptical, I'll lead us out to a balcony and howl a greeting into the night. Probably after closing the doors behind us though, as to not disturb the goings on inside too much.

She doesn't really want to do so and for most folk it's really the fear that the Duke of Lyonesse is going to try and snap up Larret, and it already is one of the biggest Duchies in the kingdom when it took away the decent part of Mousillon.

How would he attempt that, then? Unless ... hm ... if Maria lists it as a genuine concern, did she notice something in the ledgers? I mean, if it were me, I'd try to make headway towards that goal through the economy. Drive down prices of local goods with cheap imports, buy out the businesses that are now struggling for a song and a half either yourself or through local intermediaries already in your pockets, and so on.

Words of wisdom he admits.  He doubts though that the angry male relations will ever cease being a risk, if he gets better then so will they, they're jerks like that.

"We'll just have to find you something suitably impressive to kill and make them think twice. Of course, that'll probably just lead to people tracking you down and challenging you to duels to prove their prowess, which sort of ends in the same situation," I muse. "That or you find a wife who's herself fond of female company and doesn't mind sharing, but that might take a bit more doing than the other options."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Psyckosama wrote:History lesson.

"Not quite Tiber Septum, but considering the humans weren't even working iron at the time... bloody impressive. It's shrank a bit since then."

"And magic is HOW DANGEROUS here?"

I leave a gold crown in its place.

All is forgiven.

"Love you too, little brother."

His father would be beating him with a stick if he saw him flipping all of those vulgar gestures right now.

"I knew you would be. You can't hear about a quest without being interested..."

"Call it a mental quirk, just makes me all the more interesting."

"I'd say they're more dickish here. At least the Wood Elves and Dark Elves back on Tamriel weren't that bad. Though the high elves more than made up for it in dickishness."

"Once again not surprised, though I expect these..."high" elves, are prouder than cats yes?"

Gotta make an entrance!

And did you ever.

I'm getting to it!

Better hurry.

"That was exceptionally rude."

People are starting to bug out, at least one merchant's wife's fainted.

"HOLD!" I cough. "Now my good men... If you kill him now then you will be sparing him the interrogator's chair and the chance to find out what evils he's been up to that I haven't discovered! Plus if you hang him that means he won't be alive when we burn him... for such is the punishment for the worshipers of chaos, is it not? So hang or burn?"

That calms the mob down...barely...

I smile smugly and then state that these fools have proven unable to lead the city honorably on their own. They need someone to watch over them and ensure honesty...

And this is where I go on about reentering the empire. Not to strip Marienberg of her freedom, no, but rather to make sure someone is watching the watchers. How it comes back can be negotiated though... But it is coming back.

There's silence and muttering among the crowd, "And who's going t'make sure the Empire fucks ain't gonna fuck us over? You?"

Glad to have you!

Urrrgh.

Roll a d10

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

She pouts.

"Alright...urrgh...got a knife?"

She means you're probably not going to have time to clear the place.

If we have to we'll come back to clean things up. But right now speed's of the essence.

I promise to keep her safe.

Heh, they are Dorfs, what can you say?

They're awesome with their hands.

Right, let's hope I make it there before the Skaven do eh?

Well at the rate you tore down the road...you think you beat any pack of rodents.

Hah. Bah, I guess I'll just see what I can do once I get to the city.

Well you reach the city with little trouble, when you get to the gates you're stopped and asked what your purpose it and what is their story, gesturing to the dwarves.

"As a young boy I craved tales of adventure and derring-do, which my parents shamelessly exploited as motivation for me to learn. I expanded my repertoire as I got older," I say simply.

Again, Norscan promoting their son to read, when he could be bashing skulls in.

"They've listened to me since my first hunt," technically true. "It's something I've inherited from an ancestor of mine apparently. Once I knew Mort here would be sent to Artois and decided to come along, I gathered a pack in Brionne and had them come with."

And if they're skeptical, I'll lead us out to a balcony and howl a greeting into the night. Probably after closing the doors behind us though, as to not disturb the goings on inside too much.

They are until you're little presentation, the hundreds of howls in response put those doubts to rest right then and there.

How would he attempt that, then? Unless ... hm ... if Maria lists it as a genuine concern, did she notice something in the ledgers? I mean, if it were me, I'd try to make headway towards that goal through the economy. Drive down prices of local goods with cheap imports, buy out the businesses that are now struggling for a song and a half either yourself or through local intermediaries already in your pockets, and so on.

Well actually her father wants to be independent of any of the duchies answering directly to the crown, more prestige that way, though she begs you don't breath of a word of that elsewhere.

"We'll just have to find you something suitably impressive to kill and make them think twice. Of course, that'll probably just lead to people tracking you down and challenging you to duels to prove their prowess, which sort of ends in the same situation," I muse. "That or you find a wife who's herself fond of female company and doesn't mind sharing, but that might take a bit more doing than the other options."

That makes his eyes glaze a bit,...and then there's the drool...you broke him with bisexual beauties with him being the one Y in the mix....might want to get some cold water there.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:"And magic is HOW DANGEROUS here?"

"Different power source, and profoundly more dangerous. The Demons here make most Daedra look like kittens... and magic basically draws power off of basically the power leaking off of a massive open oblivion gate located at the north pole..."

All is forgiven.

Heh.

His father would be beating him with a stick if he saw him flipping all of those vulgar gestures right now.

"Very diplomatic."

"Call it a mental quirk, just makes me all the more interesting."

"By the way, considering how you like to write everything down we need to get you a new journal."

"Once again not surprised, though I expect these..."high" elves, are prouder than cats yes?"

"All the elves here are. Here the elves basically have an unlimited lifespan so their culture is much more stagnant. They're all decedents of the High Elves of Ulthuan. The high elves are possibly the oldest race on the planet and honestly can take credit for saving the world during the coming of chaos. They are the ones who created the vortex in the middle of Ulthuan responsible for filtering the chaotic energy coming off of the polar chaos gates into the eight winds of magic. They're smug dicks who see humans as lesser beings, but they're not as blatantly assholish as the Thalmor."

"The Dark Elves of Naggaroth are pretty much debased elves who follow the exiled son of one of the former phoneix kings who failed to take power ad left with his followers who worship the blooded handed god of murder, Khane. They are slavers and sadistic chaos worshipers. Pretty much think of all the nasty stories of the elves from the age of heroes... they're actually worse than the Thalmor..."

"The Wood Elves of Athel Loren are the decedents of Elven colonists who were stranded on this continent during the War of the Beard. They've become intensely xenophobic tree huggers who have basically turned the land of Bretonnia into their personal bitch. Their fay queen is basically the true face of the Bretonnian goddess, the Lady of the Lake... and they kidnap the magically sensitive children of that nation inorder to control magic. They're a nasty bunch, but not outright EVIL as the Dark Elves... mainly because here magic is in the blood and magic users without training is a recipe for disaster."

People are starting to bug out, at least one merchant's wife's fainted.

Heh.

That calms the mob down...barely...

"There will be plenty of time for justice later... and I'm sure he has lots of friend who will burn with him."

There's silence and muttering among the crowd, "And who's going t'make sure the Empire fucks ain't gonna fuck us over?  You?"

"Yes," I reply calmly. "I will. Of that I give my word of honor, and I am sure Valten here will do the same."

[/quote]

Glad to have you!

Urrrgh.

If we have to we'll come back to clean things up.  But right now speed's of the essence.

I promise to keep her safe.

well, the thugs are dealt with rather brutally... basically handed over to the local roadwardens who then hand them over to the local magistrate.

They're all dangling from ropes by the end of the day...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:35 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Different power source, and profoundly more dangerous. The Demons here make most Daedra look like kittens... and magic basically draws power off of basically the power leaking off of a massive open oblivion gate located at the north pole..."

That actually makes her shiver a bit, her schtick was heavy use of blades and magic along with her shouts, she's...going to need to relearn her fighting style, even IF she's able to use these 'winds of magic' they sound FAR too dangerous to mess with without extreme caution.

[quote]Heh.[quote]

And then noticing your purse asks what you're up to tonight. Huh was that girl's dress cut that low before?

"Very diplomatic."

"You're being crazy again and doing insane things, I have a right to not want to deal with this shit sober."

"By the way, considering how you like to write everything down we need to get you a new journal."

The look of horror at not having a journal at this moment would be hilarious.

"All the elves here are. Here the elves basically have an unlimited lifespan so their culture is much more stagnant. They're all decedents of the High Elves of Ulthuan. The high elves are possibly the oldest race on the planet and honestly can take credit for saving the world during the coming of chaos. They are the ones who created the vortex in the middle of Ulthuan responsible for filtering the chaotic energy coming off of the polar chaos gates into the eight winds of magic. They're smug dicks who see humans as lesser beings, but they're not as blatantly assholish as the Thalmor."

"So punching them in the dick and knicking their stuff is bad..."

"The Dark Elves of Naggaroth are pretty much debased elves who follow the exiled son of one of the former phoneix kings who failed to take power ad left with his followers who worship the blooded handed god of murder, Khane. They are slavers and sadistic chaos worshipers. Pretty much think of all the nasty stories of the elves from the age of heroes... they're actually worse than the Thalmor..."

"Do they want to destroy reality in a mad attempt to become gods? Then they aren't as bad as the Thalmor."

"The Wood Elves of Athel Loren are the decedents of Elven colonists who were stranded on this continent during the War of the Beard. They've become intensely xenophobic tree huggers who have basically turned the land of Bretonnia into their personal bitch. Their fay queen is basically the true face of the Bretonnian goddess, the Lady of the Lake... and they kidnap the magically sensitive children of that nation inorder to control magic. They're a nasty bunch, but not outright EVIL as the Dark Elves... mainly because here magic is in the blood and magic users without training is a recipe for disaster."

"...so when can we punch these Bosmer Knock-offs in the dick and take their stuff?"

Heh.

OOC: I always wondered why women faint so easily in this stuff.

"There will be plenty of time for justice later... and I'm sure he has lots of friend who will burn with him."

The look of distilled HATE directed at Kyupers is burning even when you're NOT the target.

"Yes," I reply calmly. "I will. Of that I give my word of honor, and I am sure Valten here will do the same."

Valten at that moment stands up and says that he'll do all he can to protect the rights of Marienburg, but he also extols the people to return to Empire as dark times are ahead and the councils of Marienburg are not capable of leading the city through the storm.

There's silence for a while then the voice from before says, "Well if you can clean this town up and not let all those high and mighties put us over the barrel, then I ain't got any complaints, s'not like votes really counted f'r anything."

The general consensus from the crowd is the same, much to the horror of the 'elected officials'

well, the thugs are dealt with rather brutally... basically handed over to the local roadwardens who then hand them over to the local magistrate.

They're all dangling from ropes by the end of the day...

Good riddance to bad rubbish, mess with my special privacy with my fiance will they?

So on to the Necropolis!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:That actually makes her shiver a bit, her schtick was heavy use of blades and magic along with her shouts, she's...going to need to relearn her fighting style, even IF she's able to use these 'winds of magic' they sound FAR too dangerous to mess with without extreme caution.

Probably a different form of magic all together. Kind of like how the Thu'um and magic are both magical in nature but function along different lines.

If anything you offer these people a form of magic that is not in any way bound to the winds. One that they can use without fear of tzeentch's curse.

And then noticing your purse asks what you're up to tonight. Huh was that girl's dress cut that low before?

"I'm fine, really... busy day tomorrow."

"You're being crazy again and doing insane things, I have a right to not want to deal with this shit sober."

I laugh. "Well, epic epics of epic epicness don't write themselves."

The look of horror at not having a journal at this moment would be hilarious.

So, mad scramble to get one?

She is NOTHING without her NOTES!

"So punching them in the dick and knicking their stuff is bad..."

Normally.

"Do they want to destroy reality in a mad attempt to become gods?  Then they aren't as bad as the Thalmor."

"Actually, they're quite a bit worse. The Thalmor do it because they're biggoted assholes. The Druchii do it for laughs. And the reason they haven't tried to destroy reality in a mad attempt to become gods is they haven't thought of it yet." I pause, "Lets not give them ideas. And no punching them in the dick and taking their stuff. Chances are its EVIL stuff. Yes, stuff in this world can be EVIL."

"...so when can we punch these Bosmer Knock-offs in the dick and take their stuff?"

"That would involve going into their woods. Don't. Though not all Wood Elves are on the same raging cuntbag level of the ones in Bretonnia."

OOC: I always wondered why women faint so easily in this stuff.

Dramatics!

The look of distilled HATE directed at Kyupers is burning even when you're NOT the target.

I look pleased.

Valten at that moment stands up and says that he'll do all he can to protect the rights of Marienburg, but he also extols the people to return to Empire as dark times are ahead and the councils of Marienburg are not capable of leading the city through the storm.

There's silence for a while then the voice from before says, "Well if you can clean this town up and not let all those high and mighties put us over the barrel, then I ain't got any complaints, s'not like votes really counted f'r anything."

The general consensus from the crowd is the same, much to the horror of the 'elected officials'

"Remember, the Emperor himself is elected. We're not throwing out everything, we're just cleaning out the mess. Much of the system will remain, but rather than permitted to fester, it will be overseen by higher powers! If anything your vote will mean far more! You're not selling yourselves to the empire, you're rejoining your brothers and today we take back your rights! Once again the WILL of the PEOPLE will be heard, not the will of the WEALTHY!"

I smile. "And soon, soon you will meet your Elector Countess..." I go into a long story about how honest and just she is. About how she'll value their opinions and how we met. How she was once like them but then found to be a LOST HEIRESS like from the stories.

Basically selling the girl, selling the idea.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, mess with my special privacy with my fiance will they?

So on to the Necropolis!

Yes.

Shit. Forgot to have you roll a d10 and d100.

You reach blackfire pass with a couple of hangups but you're now headed south.

There's a palpable aura of tension in the air....

Last edited by Psyckosama on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:06 am

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:50 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:Again, Norscan promoting their son to read, when he could be bashing skulls in.

"The world is a strange and diverse place."

They are until you're little presentation, the hundreds of howls in response put those doubts to rest right then and there.

So, would they like to come hunting sometime in the coming days? Well, if they can convince their relations the big bad Norscan isn't going to make off with them and skin and eat them somewhere in the woods.

Well actually her father wants to be independent of any of the duchies answering directly to the crown, more prestige that way, though she begs you don't breath of a word of that elsewhere.

That ... might go well but it might also go horribly. I tell her they won't find out from me, but that I've already heard rumblings about Larret leaving Artois from other sources and there has to be some resentment building if those rumors are persisting. She might want to inform her father about that.

That makes his eyes glaze a bit,...and then there's the drool...you broke him with bisexual beauties with him being the one Y in the mix....might want to get some cold water there.

Grab a bucket of drinking water and upend it over his head to snap him out of it.

"A worthy cause and a good incentive to train, wouldn't you say?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:They're awesome with their hands.

Very much so, Dorfs will be Dorfs.

Well at the rate you tore down the road...you think you beat any pack of rodents.

Excellent.

Well you reach the city with little trouble, when you get to the gates you're stopped and asked what your purpose it and what is their story, gesturing to the dwarves.

"I and my companion was going our way, minding our own business when I heard something wrong beneath our feet. I decided to dig down and lo and behold I found a bunch of rat like beastmen forcing these dwarves to dig a tunnel for them. After a brief battle, we managed to kill the beastmen and save these dwarves. That's the good news, but the bad news is, from what I've gathered, there's multiple other bands of these 'beastmen' digging towards the city, the city garrison has to be alerted, and I'd like these dwarves to be given food and shelter until their kin can come retrieve them. My companion and I will be circling the city in order to find the tunnels. If you would like details, ask the dwarves."

OOC: I'm gonna laugh when the Wood Elves find out what Psyckosama's been saying about them, because most of that is false. Oh, and the Bretonnians will be pissed too. 8th Edition Army book for Wood Elves specifically state that the Laduy of the Lake is a completely separate entity from Ariel.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 am

Psyckosama wrote:Probably a different form of magic all together. Kind of like how the Thu'um and magic are both magical in nature but function along different lines.

If anything you offer these people a form of magic that is not in any way bound to the winds. One that they can use without fear of tzeentch's curse.

"A possibility but who knows if my brand of magic exists here? I'm not going to try until I've set up a way to get myself shielded."

"I'm fine, really... busy day tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" And she squeeze her arms infront of her...doing INTERESTING things to her dress.

I laugh. "Well, epic epics of epic epicness don't write themselves."

"And less than a month ago my dreams extended no further than succeeding my father as village blacksmith, allow me some time to adjust."

So, mad scramble to get one?

She is NOTHING without her NOTES!

Heh, she all but drags you along like a kid running with a ribbon behind them. You're nearly airborne a few times. You find a thick journal for a good price and she immediately starts taking notes....you're not sure where the ink and quill came from.

Normally.

Right.

"Actually, they're quite a bit worse. The Thalmor do it because they're biggoted assholes. The Druchii do it for laughs. And the reason they haven't tried to destroy reality in a mad attempt to become gods is they haven't thought of it yet." I pause, "Lets not give them ideas. And no punching them in the dick and taking their stuff. Chances are its EVIL stuff. Yes, stuff in this world can be EVIL."

"Can we punch them in the dick and burn their stuff?"

"That would involve going into their woods. Don't. Though not all Wood Elves are on the same raging cuntbag level of the ones in Bretonnia."

A nod and notes taken.

Dramatics!

So women really weren't that prone to fainting back then?

I look pleased.

The notables look nervous.

"Remember, the Emperor himself is elected. We're not throwing out everything, we're just cleaning out the mess. Much of the system will remain, but rather than permitted to fester, it will be overseen by higher powers! If anything your vote will mean far more! You're not selling yourselves to the empire, you're rejoining your brothers and today we take back your rights! Once again the WILL of the PEOPLE will be heard, not the will of the WEALTHY!"

That seems to mollify them a bit.

I smile. "And soon, soon you will meet your Elector Countess..." I go into a long story about how honest and just she is. About how she'll value their opinions and how we met. How she was once like them but then found to be a LOST HEIRESS like from the stories.

Basically selling the girl, selling the idea.

"Neither of yaz' gonna take over?"

Roll a d20 for how that goes.

You reach blackfire pass with a couple of hangups but you're now headed south.

Hopefully we figured something out without causing the Sigmarite priest to go cookoo. And hopefully the Wolfkin didn't burn down too many villages on the way south.

There's a palpable aura of tension in the air....

As we march down the pass, I keep an eye out for the tell tale sign of the side pass leading into mountains, it should be a ways above our head but not too high. I also keep an eye on Valten to see how he reacts.

Once we find the pass I through up a line and everyone who can clamber up, clambers up while I express deliver all the gear and anyone who can't make the climb. Once we reach the valley where the necropolis is I look out for the shrine, once I find that I point to it and declare, "That's our target, we need to move fast through here, there's something about this place that makes my hair stand on end."

I'm sure Cosmina is sensing it as well.

"The world is a strange and diverse place."

No jesting.

So, would they like to come hunting sometime in the coming days? Well, if they can convince their relations the big bad Norscan isn't going to make off with them and skin and eat them somewhere in the woods.

Hawking girl is interested and interestingly enough the young daughter of the independent minded marquis Larret is interested as well.

That ... might go well but it might also go horribly. I tell her they won't find out from me, but that I've already heard rumblings about Larret leaving Artois from other sources and there has to be some resentment building if those rumors are persisting. She might want to inform her father about that.

She pales a little but thanks you for the warning and says she'll do so at the first chance.

Grab a bucket of drinking water and upend it over his head to snap him out of it.

"A worthy cause and a good incentive to train, wouldn't you say?"

He splutters for a moment then nods and says, "Indeed,though rare I'd imagine."

So training or you wish to invite the girls for a hunt?

Very much so, Dorfs will be Dorfs.

Heh true.

Excellent.

Though the millions of others are still waiting for you once you arrive.

"I and my companion was going our way, minding our own business when I heard something wrong beneath our feet. I decided to dig down and lo and behold I found a bunch of rat like beastmen  forcing these dwarves to dig a tunnel for them. After a brief battle, we managed to kill the beastmen and save these dwarves. That's the good news, but the bad news is, from what I've gathered, there's multiple other bands of these 'beastmen' digging towards the city, the city garrison has to be alerted, and I'd like these dwarves to be given food and shelter until their kin can come retrieve them. My companion and I will be circling the city in order to find the tunnels. If you would like details, ask the dwarves."

The men look dubious but when the Dwarves corroborate they shrug and get the captain. An older man he doesn't look pleased about this but when he sees the dwarves and the infant he blinks and decides that you might need to see some higher authorities. You're quickly brought into the city and soon are brought to the headquarters of the Nuln city guard. You meet the head of the guard, a man name Heinrich von Troffen. He asks that you repeat your story and eschew the bullshit about beastmen, he knows what the rodents are.

OOC: I'm gonna laugh when the Wood Elves find out what Psyckosama's been saying about them, because most of that is false. Oh, and the Bretonnians will be pissed too. 8th Edition Army book for Wood Elves specifically state that the Laduy of the Lake is a completely separate entity from Ariel.

Heh we'll see.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:"A possibility but who knows if my brand of magic exists here?  I'm not going to try until I've set up a way to get myself shielded."

"Magicka draws its powers from the stars, does it not? The local magic is created using the Winds of Magic. If anything your spells simply won't work."

"Are you sure?"  And she squeeze her arms infront of her...doing INTERESTING things to her dress.

Goddamn it... why do we have to be related! >_<

"And less than a month ago my dreams extended no further than succeeding my father as village blacksmith, allow me some time to adjust."

"I thought clearing an entire dwarf hold of Orcs and finding the lost hammer of Sigmar would have gotten you over that."

Heh, she all but drags you along like a kid running with a ribbon behind them. You're nearly airborne a few times.  You find a thick journal for a good price and she immediately starts taking notes....you're not sure where the ink and quill came from.

Heh. Well, I pay and sigh.

"Can we punch them in the dick and burn their stuff?"

"Yes. Yes you may."

A nod and notes taken.

I chuckle.

So women really weren't that prone to fainting back then?

Most weren't.

The notables look nervous.

"Relax..."

That seems to mollify them a bit.

Cool

"Neither of yaz' gonna take over?"

"Well, technically the woman in question is my little sister in all but blood and is his betrothed, so directly? No. Will we be a regular presence? Of course. [/quote]

Roll a d20 for how that goes.[/quote]

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d20 :

Hopefully we figured something out without causing the Sigmarite priest to go cookoo.  And hopefully the Wolfkin didn't burn down too many villages on the way south.

Nah. They drank and slept with many a wench, but no real messes maid. Best behavior for a pack of berzerkers.

As we march down the pass, I keep an eye out for the tell tale sign of the side pass leading into mountains, it should be a ways above our head but not too high.  I also keep an eye on Valten to see how he reacts.

He seems to be a bit detached. Like he's remembering but not remembering something.

Once we find the pass I through up a line and everyone who can clamber up, clambers up while I express deliver all the gear and anyone who can't make the climb. Once we reach the valley where the necropolis is I look out for the shrine, once I find that I point to it and declare, "That's our target, we need to move fast through here, there's something about this place that makes my hair stand on end."

I'm sure Cosmina is sensing it as well.

She is. "I... I sense something here. There is the taint of the undead here."

She looks at you and then looks at the place. "I want to try something but I need you to shield me."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:20 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:Hawking girl is interested and interestingly enough the young daughter of the independent minded marquis Larret is interested as well.

Well, the invitation stands, though it'll probably also include chaperones for the girls ... ah well, it's probably wise seeing as these forests are pretty dangerous.

He splutters for a moment then nods and says, "Indeed,though rare I'd imagine."

"It's nice to have goals."

So training or you wish to invite the girls for a hunt?

I'll just make training a daily thing if I don't have anything else going on. In this case, though? Hunting it is.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:29 am

Brian Boru wrote:Though the millions of others are still waiting for you once you arrive.

Damned Skaven numbers.

The men look dubious but when the Dwarves corroborate they shrug and get the captain.  An older man he doesn't look pleased about this but when he sees the dwarves and the infant he blinks and decides that you might need to see some higher authorities.  You're quickly brought into the city and soon are brought to the headquarters of the Nuln city guard.  You meet the head of the guard, a man name Heinrich von Troffen.  He asks that you repeat your story and eschew the bullshit about beastmen, he knows what the rodents are.

"Alright, that makes things simpler. My companion and I were on the road headed to the city when we heard Skaven digging under the road. I decided to ruin their day and smashed my way into their tunnel and killed the rodents off. And wouldn't you know it? A group of Dwarves had been held captive by them, being forced to help them dig their way to the city. We killed or drove off the cowardly Skaven and saved the Dwarves. Good news is that they won't be using that tunnel. Bad news is that there are several more groups tunneling their way toward the city as we speak. If the garrison gets caught unprepared it'll be a bloodbath."

Heh we'll see.

OOC: Heh, there's been alot of retcons on Bretonnia. Like the short story The Court Beneath that has the male magic capable children being gathered and raised as the Lady's 'Break Open In Case of Emergency' magic knight strike force.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32