Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 13 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:49 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

That convinces him...

He stares at the ruined ax head in stunned shock...

“Well...that's interesting. Yes I might have been holding back a little bit...but nothing like this.”

He looks back up to you, “Just how did you do that?”

"It's in my blood. My gift from a father I never knew," I shrug, then grin. "I suppose I should thank him if he still lives and we ever meet, as it does make travel a rather less chancy proposition than I understand it to be for other people."

I proceed to replace the arms I'd borrowed.

"As I understand the matter, though, I've no old enemies or people who would wish me ill on my trail, so that would be one potential concern hopefully allayed?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:50 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 7 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 910 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,220

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 910
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200
Total: 910

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

As you head on your way south back home, the sounds of thundering hooves can be heard coming from the left of you.  Turning towards it you see to your mild horror a gigantic herd of Centigors, at least 6000 of them coming right for you.
Well fuck, that is a lot of beastmen and by Olric I do not like the odds of my people coming through this for one with things since both the terrain of the rolling hilled planes against us and the fact that we are dealing with a highly mobile force. An knowing that unless I can draw most of the attention away from my people the Centigors will wash around me when I go for them, I quickly start to look for the herdmaster to deal with as I shout to my people to form up on the top of one of the hills in a circle formation with the the shield bearers in front, the greatweapon user behind them and the archers and commanders in the middle. As at least this way if the beastmen just wash around me to attack my people, they would be be able to flank them and there charge will at least be weaken by the incline.

Then once every one is formation I leave Ingvar and Kenna in charge, but leave the order that they are to not worry about friendly fire on my part and to take any good shoots they can with them. An with that said, I leaving the group to charge right at the herdmaster and strike at him with all the might of thor and my strength I can muster. So to hopefully kill him in the first exchange. Then from there I just start grabbing Centigors and fling them as fast and as hard as I can in every direction in their ranks trying to break their band just by the sheer chaos I will cause.

Last edited by Ironforge on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:55 am

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 10157g 16s (10,000 more owed)

Good book!

Heh

What do they think of the plan... spend some time learning from the dwarves and I kill 10,000 orcs and if I'm lucky, reclaim an entire hold.

They're for it though Valten is a bit overwhelmed.

I jump up. "THE FUCK?!"

Whomever it is gets their asses kicked.

As you look around for the source of the shot, another cannon fires nearly taking someone's head off. "Alright you lot. Shut up, sit down, and hand over anything that might be remotely valuable and we'll only take a limb or two off of a few of ya's" Out of the woods come at least 4 ogres, all of them armed with gigantic cannons with bits of debris hanging out of the mouths.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.

Or whatever. And technically the boat is a prize as is the gun. You can sell it to the local authorities.

Tempting but I'll just sell the cannon in the next town I can find.

He looks at you. "And your idea of subtlety is the incoherent ramblings of a madman."

"Or I just had no easy way of telling you what I need to say. Dammit words are not my specialty..."

He looks stunned by that...

Good.

And... he decks you for the insult.

I spit a bit of blood out..."Damn, that actually hurt there....I guess I deserved that. I'm just stumbling around like a blind man here and I got frustrated...I apologize. You didn't deserve being called thick....What I'm trying to say is that the both of us are chosen of two of the most powerful and important gods in the empire. AND we were born within less than a decade of each other. There is not many reasons the gods would act so overtly like that and none of them good. I think that a huge fight is coming soon and I think that it would be in our best interests to work with each other."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:01 am

Name: Visorex Skarin
Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
Money: 294 Gold, 1 silver, 2 copper

Army: 2 heavy Infantry, 2 Archers
Assets: 2 Riding Horse

Peasants Population: 15 families
Men: 20
Women: 19
Children: 46

Want to see Igrette or Isolde?

Or see what your boys were up to during the tournament?
I'd like to see Isolde to get her advice on what to do with the Jessamine/Igrette situation since I'm kind of stuck. " Lady Isolde, I seem to have managed to put myself into quite the bind in the past few days and was hoping you would lend me your ear and perhaps even offer some advice. I have been speaking at length with both Lady Igrette and Lady Jessamine, both of whom have earned my affection, yet I am at an impasse. I believe I may love Lady Jessamine, yet I still feel a great fondness for Lady Igrette and do not wish hurt her. Lady Igrette is a very intelligent and charming young woman, yet I still find myself more drawn towards Lady Jessamine. Thus you see my predicament, any wise words for a doomed man?"

I'd be most interested to see what the boys were up to during the tournament, yet I hope they did not get into too much trouble. Knowing them though, it's too much to hope for.

With the help of Louis and Pepin, and your archers, along with your new peasant families, you manage to put together a solid Manor/Frontier fort at the edge of the valley. While certainly different from anything normally used...it did it's job quite well.

It's good to see that the fort is doing its job well, it is only a temporary thing until I can get some more peasants and get a quarry going so I can build a proper Castle.

Well at the moment, subsistence farming might be the only thing you really have the numbers for.
A shame, though not unexpected. I'll atleast set the peasants to clearing out a crude dirt road for now so that other peasants and traders may more easily access the fief.

afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:05 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen

They're for it though Valten is a bit overwhelmed.

He'll grow into it. He's young.

So, how is he getting along with the pretty lady?

As you look around for the source of the shot, another cannon fires nearly taking someone's head off.  "Alright you lot.  Shut up, sit down, and hand over anything that might be remotely valuable and we'll only take a limb or two off of a few of ya's"  Out of the woods come at least 4 ogres, all of them armed with gigantic cannons with bits of debris hanging out of the mouths.

"Better idea, I wrestle you. I win, you swear yourselves as my slaves. You win and you get to eat all of us. Hows that sound, skinny? In fact just to make it fair, I'll do it with one hand behind my back. After all, I wouldn't want an advantage over such a pathetic... scrawny... emaciated... gutless opponent."

I crackle my knuckles and hold the arm behind my back...

I intend to basically arm bar him and hold him to the ground with my foot pressing his face into the dirt. I will be asking him "How does the turf taste?"

Basically I bully an ogre until he gives up. Wink

Fuckin' pussy.

Cash: 6 GC 18 ss

Tempting but I'll just sell the cannon in the next town I can find.

Or you could turn the whole lot over to the authorities and simply be handed your prize money...

"Or I just had no easy way of telling you what I need to say.  Dammit words are not my specialty..."

"Clearly."

I spit a bit of blood out..."Damn, that actually hurt there....I guess I deserved that.  I'm just stumbling around like a blind man here and I got frustrated...I apologize.  You didn't deserve being called thick....What I'm trying to say is that the both of us are chosen of two of the most powerful and important gods in the empire.  AND we were born within less than a decade of each other.  There is not many reasons the gods would act so overtly like that and none of them good.  I think that a huge fight is coming soon and I think that it would be in our best interests to work with each other."

He frowns at the through of it. "Okay. Assuming you're right... what now?"

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:36 am

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

"It's in my blood. My gift from a father I never knew," I shrug, then grin. "I suppose I should thank him if he still lives and we ever meet, as it does make travel a rather less chancy proposition than I understand it to be for other people."

He raises an eyebrow at that.  Whatever thoughts are running through his mind you can't really tell.

I proceed to replace the arms I'd borrowed.

Alright

"As I understand the matter, though, I've no old enemies or people who would wish me ill on my trail, so that would be one potential concern hopefully allayed?"

He laughs a bit.  "Well you are certainly a unique man Vargr Skarin.  If I may, it would be my honor if you would stay with me as a guest.  At least for a few days.  It would please me if I could learn more of you."

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Well fuck, that is a lot of beastmen and by Olric I do not like the odds of my people coming through this for one with things since both the terrain of the rolling hilled planes against us and the fact that we are dealing with a highly mobile force. An knowing that unless I can draw most of the attention away from my people the Centigors will wash around me when I go for them, quickly started to look for the herdmaster to deal with as I shouted to my people in form up on the top of one of the hills in a circle formation with the the shield bearers in front, the greatweapon user behind them and the archers and commanders in the middle. As at least this way if the beastmen just wash around me to attack my people, they would be be able to flank them and there charge will at least be weaken by the incline.

Then once every one is formation I leave Ingvar and Kenna in charge, but leave the order that they are to not worry about friendly fire on my part and to take any good shoots they can with them. An with that said, I leaving the group to charge right at the herdmaster and strike at him with all the might of thor and my strength I can muster. So to hopefully kill him in the first exchange. Then from there I just start grabbing Centigors and fling them as fast and as hard as I can in every direction in their ranks trying to break their band just by the sheer chaos I will cause.

They quickly obey your orders and you can hear prayers to Olric as you leave.  You spot the Centigor herdleader, he's the biggest and ugliest one of the lot.  You make a beeline straight for him, your fists ready to wreak a bloody price on them.  Then you connect the beastlord and any centigor within 10 feet of you goes flying in mangled chunks.  You punch right through the center of the heard.  Once they realize what the hell is going on in the center, many of the centigors bellow in rage and turn their focus on you, others continue their charge, and others run for it.  As more and more centigors begin dying and pile around you, the herd begins to waver and then it breaks, the outrage of their leader's death swiftly fading like morning mist under a summer sun.  They break and scatter in all directions, looking to the hill you see that about 200 or so centigors are trying to break into that wall of Norscan Steel...and failing miserably.

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin

I'd like to see Isolde to get her advice on what to do with the Jessamine/Igrette situation since I'm kind of stuck. " Lady Isolde, I seem to have managed to put myself into quite the bind in the past few days and was hoping you would lend me your ear and perhaps even offer some advice. I have been speaking at length with both Lady Igrette and Lady Jessamine, both of whom have earned my affection, yet I am at an impasse. I believe I may love Lady Jessamine, yet I still feel a great fondness for Lady Igrette and do not wish hurt her. Lady Igrette is a very intelligent and charming young woman, yet I still find myself more drawn towards Lady Jessamine. Thus you see my predicament, any wise words for a doomed man?"

She laughs a bit, then tells you that if you're already going to keep correspondence with Jessamine, it might be prudent to keep in touch with Igrette.  While she privately hopes you choose Igrette she tells you it's your descision and that you should take your time to be sure because a partner in life is a large undertaking.

I'd be most interested to see what the boys were up to during the tournament, yet I hope they did not get into too much trouble. Knowing them though, it's too much to hope for.

Turns out that the peasants have their own little competion while the knights have their thing.  Louis and Pepin share the strong man competition while one of your archers, the silent one, won a drinking competition against 10 other men, and he doesn't seemed fazed by it.

It's good to see that the fort is doing its job well, it is only a temporary thing until I can get some more peasants and get a quarry going so I can build a proper Castle.

Kool

A shame, though not unexpected. I'll atleast set the peasants to clearing out a crude dirt road for now so that other peasants and traders may more easily access the fief.

Several weeks pass with little trouble in the new fief, everything looks rough and new but the enthusiasm there is almost palpable.  Then one of your archers from d'Marr comes to you as you're eating breakfast one morning.  

"My Lord..."

Roll a d100

He'll grow into it. He's young.

So, how is he getting along with the pretty lady?

Quite well actually, although he LOOKS like a near grown man, the kid stumbles a bit with Frieda but she only smiles and seems to enjoy his company.

"Better idea, I wrestle you. I win, you swear yourselves as my slaves. You win and you get to eat all of us. Hows that sound, skinny? In fact just to make it fair, I'll do it with one hand behind my back. After all, I wouldn't want an advantage over such a pathetic... scrawny... emaciated... gutless opponent."

I crackle my knuckles and hold the arm behind my back...

I intend to basically arm bar him and hold him to the ground with my foot pressing his face into the dirt. I will be asking him "How does the turf taste?"

Basically I bully an ogre until he gives up. Wink

Fuckin' pussy.

One of the orgres, the biggest and fattest of them, looks angry enough to foam at the mouth, you think one of the others really IS foaming...

"ALRIGHT THEN"  That largest of them snarls,  "Let's have at it runt!"

What follows next is one of the most brutal and onesided slaughters ever witnessed by any being alive.  The ogre never knew what hit him.  You have on the ground with his face in the dirt in a matter of minutes, you think his body is heaving sobs. "I give!  I GIVE!"

What do you do with him.

Cash: 29 GC 18 ss

Or you could turn the whole lot over to the authorities and simply be handed your prize money...

You know what...I do that knock out punch the rest of them and lug the whole thing to the nearest authorities I can find and turn them in.

"Clearly."

"Yeah rub it in..."

He frowns at the through of it. "Okay. Assuming you're right... what now?"

"What else, we prepare.  War is coming for us and we're going to have to ready for the fight of the age.  I'm going North to Middenheim, where I'll be meeting with the Ar-Ulric to see for himself.

My original plan had been to bring you along so that we could train together and be a united front for whatever hell might come for us.  But I doubt you trust me as far as you could throw me right now, nor would your family, friends, and neighbors take kindly to that.  So if you don't wish to come with me to the City of the White wolf I'll do you one better."

I take out my coin bag and measure out 15 gold coins then hand them to him.  "Take this and get the best armor and weapons you can, train hard and fiercely, keep your eyes and ears open for whatever news you can.  Be prepared for threats from dark forces and should they appear be ready to fight like the fate of the world rests on that fight for it very well might be the truth."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:44 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 61 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:She's ready to beg you at this point, and with the money you gave her, she might be able to speed this up to a week.

*sigh* Alright, I guess I can help for a week or so.

If things DO get that bad then she'll use that but until then she's going to try and use the 'proper' channels first.

Alright, I understand.

Roll a d100 to see how a meeting with an old spice merchant family starts off.

Right then, time to roll.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:44 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 90

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:45 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

They quickly obey your orders and you can hear prayers to Olric as you leave. You spot the Centigor herdleader, he's the biggest and ugliest one of the lot. You make a beeline straight for him, your fists ready to wreak a bloody price on them. Then you connect the beastlord and any centigor within 10 feet of you goes flying in mangled chunks. You punch right through the center of the heard. Once they realize what the hell is going on in the center, many of the centigors bellow in rage and turn their focus on you, others continue their charge, and others run for it. As more and more centigors begin dying and pile around you, the herd begins to waver and then it breaks, the outrage of their leader's death swiftly fading like morning mist under a summer sun. They break and scatter in all directions, looking to the hill you see that about 200 or so centigors are trying to break into that wall of Norscan Steel...and failing miserably.

Well with my job done then with main herd broken and fleeing. I let the runners go, so I can move to flank my men and grind the rest of the centigors to dust. Then once the battle is over I simply raise my right had to the sky and scream a cry of victory and pride for my men in another battle well fought. An once that is finished we treat our fallen, check the beastmen for anything of value before burning them and then continue on home.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:49 am

Quite well actually, although he LOOKS like a near grown man, the kid stumbles a bit with Frieda but she only smiles and seems to enjoy his company.

I smile and am amused.

One of the orgres, the biggest and fattest of them, looks angry enough to foam at the mouth, you think one of the others really IS foaming...

"ALRIGHT THEN"  That largest of them snarls,  "Let's have at it runt!"

"Bah. I've seen bigger halflings."

What follows next is one of the most brutal and onesided slaughters ever witnessed by any being alive.  The ogre never knew what hit him.  You have on the ground with his face in the dirt in a matter of minutes, you think his body is heaving sobs. "I give!  I GIVE!"

What do you do with him.

if I have to I rig up something to move with them without slowing down. Otherwise Valten now has four large sparing partners to pound on. After all, he is going to have to learn to fight large monsters and they're a good place to start! I also inform them they have to do what he says. After all, he's going to have to learn to lead stubborn, thick headed ogres in battle. Might as well learn by bossing around actual real life ogres.

And if we kill beastmen or Orcs I'm perfectly happy to simply turn my eyes and let them feast. Though I do jest with the former leader that by all rights I should make him eat vegetables for such a weak attempt at beating me. I also show them that I'm able to juggle cannons just to make the point clear.

And while I probably can't beat them in eating contests I do feed them well as long as they're OBEDIENT!

Now, continue to the south.

You know what...I do that knock out punch the rest of them and lug the whole thing to the nearest authorities I can find and turn them in.

Next location is about a day down the river. When you get there the boat and stores, the pirates hung, and you get 25 gold.

"What else, we prepare.  War is coming for us and we're going to have to ready for the fight of the age.  I'm going North to Middenheim, where I'll be meeting with the Ar-Ulric to see for himself.

My original plan had been to bring you along so that we could train together and be a united front for whatever hell might come for us.  But I doubt you trust me as far as you could throw me right now, nor would your family, friends, and neighbors take kindly to that.  So if you don't wish to come with me to the City of the White wolf I'll do you one better."

I take out my coin bag and measure out 15 gold coins then hand them to him.  "Take this and get the best armor and weapons you can, train hard and fiercely, keep your eyes and ears open for whatever news you can.  Be prepared for threats from dark forces and should they appear be ready to fight like the fate of the world rests on that fight for it very well might be the truth."

"I thought they didn't LIKE Sigmarites there..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:56 am

Vargr Skarin

He laughs a bit. "Well you are certainly a unique man Vargr Skarin. If I may, it would be my honor if you would stay with me as a guest. At least for a few days. It would please me if I could learn more of you."

"How could I deny a request so fortright, a kitchen so fine, and a library so well stocked?"

I could do worse for accommodations than guest to the local liege lord, after all, and it should be an interesting experience. Even if it'll likely lead to a clash of attitudes in the long run, but I suppose one cannot have everything.

I assume I will be given guest quarters of some sort?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:00 am

Name: Visorex Skarin

She laughs a bit, then tells you that if you're already going to keep correspondence with Jessamine, it might be prudent to keep in touch with Igrette. While she privately hopes you choose Igrette she tells you it's your descision and that you should take your time to be sure because a partner in life is a large undertaking.

Wise advice from a wise young woman. I'll take her advice and speak with Lady Igrette as well. I'll state that I enjoyed our conversations greatly and that I'd like to keep in touch via letter, if i pleases her.

Turns out that the peasants have their own little competion while the knights have their thing. Louis and Pepin share the strong man competition while one of your archers, the silent one, won a drinking competition against 10 other men, and he doesn't seemed fazed by it.
Excellent, it's good to see how great my men are and that they're showing off to better promote my emerging fief. Louis and Pepin win the strength competition is great news though I would expect it of them had I known of the peasant competition. The fact that Silent Bob is such an accomplished drinker comes as a surprise though. I'll congratulate all three on their victories and joke the other archer asking if he was "Too busy having fun to compete himself". I'll buy a couple rounds of drinks for the men as a way of saying congratulations.

Kool

Several weeks pass with little trouble in the new fief, everything looks rough and new but the enthusiasm there is almost palpable. Then one of your archers from d'Marr comes to you as you're eating breakfast one morning.

"My Lord..."

Roll a d100
1d100 → [52] = (52)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4124490/

This should be interesting.

Was I able to recruit the 12 men I wanted earlier or are they needed to tend to the village and farms:

8x Men-at-Arms 10 Gold, 8 Silver, 8 Copper
4 Archers 3 Gold, 8 Silver, 4 Copper
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 35 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Comrades: Piet(ten year old), three giant wolves(two females, one male)

Brian Boru wrote:Roll 2d100

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:19 pm

The member 'bzzt3421' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 75, 93

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

*sigh* Alright, I guess I can help for a week or so.

She thanks you profusely

Alright, I understand.

Kool

The meeting seems to start off rather wonderfully, in fact he's more than welcoming to her and after hearing her story, he seems more than willing to help you out with your plans.

Roll another d100 with your next meeting.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well with my job done then with main herd broken and fleeing. I let the runners go, so I can move to flank my men and grind the rest of the centigors to dust. Then once the battle is over I simply raise my right had to the sky and scream a cry of victory and pride for my men in another battle well fought. An once that is finished we treat our fallen, check the beastmen for anything of value before burning them and then continue on home.

Not much, an occasional silver piece or gold jewelry. 20gc in total.  You cleanup and bury the 10 that died in the fight.

Roll a d100 to see if anything else happens before you get home.

"Bah. I've seen bigger halflings."

“GRAAAH!”

if I have to I rig up something to move with them without slowing down. Otherwise Valten now has four large sparring partners to pound on. After all, he is going to have to learn to fight large monsters and they're a good place to start! I also inform them they have to do what he says. After all, he's going to have to learn to lead stubborn, thick headed ogres in battle. Might as well learn by bossing around actual real life ogres.

They ain’t particularly pleased about the situation...but considering you battered their strongest and toughest member like a redheaded stepchild...they shut up and put up.  Valten does shocking well for being at least 3 feet shorter and 800 lbs lighter.

And if we kill beastmen or Orcs I'm perfectly happy to simply turn my eyes and let them feast. Though I do jest with the former leader that by all rights I should make him eat vegetables for such a weak attempt at beating me. I also show them that I'm able to juggle cannons just to make the point clear.

The numb horror in their faces at the threat is almost hilarious.

And while I probably can't beat them in eating contests I do feed them well as long as they're OBEDIENT!

Noted.

Now, continue to the south.

Roll d100 for what happens until you reach the mountains.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

Next location is about a day down the river. When you get there the boat and stores, the pirates hung, and you get 25 gold.

Alright.

"I thought they didn't LIKE Sigmarites there..."

“Well...to be fair many members of the leaders of the cult of Sigmar are not kind to any other cult, so they give them no reason...BUT there is a temple to Sigmar in the city.  So long as everyone is Civil we should be alright.”

“AND if you get found out and we are seen working well together...we might be able to patch things up between the two cults...”

“The Choice is still yours of course.”

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

"How could I deny a request so fortright, a kitchen so fine, and a library so well stocked?"

I could do worse for accommodations than guest to the local liege lord, after all, and it should be an interesting experience. Even if it'll likely lead to a clash of attitudes in the long run, but I suppose one cannot have everything.

I assume I will be given guest quarters of some sort?

He’s glad to have you, while he doesn’t set you up in the VERY best rooms in the place...they ARE comfortable enough.

You have the evening until dinner tonight to yourself, anything you wish to do?

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin

Wise advice from a wise young woman. I'll take her advice and speak with Lady Igrette as well. I'll state that I enjoyed our conversations greatly and that I'd like to keep in touch via letter, if i pleases her.

She would love to write letters and if she can convince her father would like to have you visit her home the first chance you get.

Excellent, it's good to see how great my men are and that they're showing off to better promote my emerging fief. Louis and Pepin win the strength competition is great news though I would expect it of them had I known of the peasant competition. The fact that Silent Bob is such an accomplished drinker comes as a surprise though. I'll congratulate all three on their victories and joke the other archer asking if he was "Too busy having fun to compete himself". I'll buy a couple rounds of drinks for the men as a way of saying congratulations.

More he was sweet talking the skirts off of every at least vaguely attractive peasant girl here.  Or at least trying to.

They DO appreciate the drinks though.

(52)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4124490/

This should be interesting.

“We might have some slight trouble.  My fellow archer was scouting out a bit further than normal and he happened to spot a band of goblins coming our way.  A good 300 of the little bastards.”

Was I able to recruit the 12 men I wanted earlier or are they needed to tend to the village and farms:
8x Men-at-Arms 10 Gold, 8 Silver, 8 Copper
4 Archers 3 Gold, 8 Silver, 4 Copper

Again numbers though a few of them do have bows though they’re nothing compared to your boys.  

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 35 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Comrades: Piet(ten year old), three giant wolves(two females, one male)

75, 93

Well you didn’t have much luck finding any wolves or farms, but you did find a pack of large, angry and excited Slaneeshi Minotaurs....
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:28 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Not much, an occasional silver piece or gold jewelry. 20gc in total.  You cleanup and bury the 10 that died in the fight.
Well for those that died, I'll personally give a prayer to Olric for them at their pyres. While later that night at camp, I'll give a cheer to them, our honored dead.

Roll a d100 to see if anything else happens before you get home.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4126147/
1d100 → [46] = (46)

Last edited by Ironforge on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:34 am

“GRAAAH!”

"Man, with tooth decay like that I'm surprised they haven't rotted out of your mouth already..."

They ain’t particularly pleased about the situation...but considering you battered their strongest and toughest member like a redheaded stepchild...they shut up and put up.  Valten does shocking well for being at least 3 feet shorter and 800 lbs lighter.

Only 3ft? :p

The numb horror in their faces at the threat is almost hilarious.

I point to my face. "This is my serious face... its the face that I make when I am being serious."

Roll d100 for what happens until you reach the mountains.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

“Well...to be fair many members of the leaders of the cult of Sigmar are not kind to any other cult, so they give them no reason...BUT there is a temple to Sigmar in the city.  So long as everyone is Civil we should be alright.”

“AND if you get found out and we are seen working well together...we might be able to patch things up between the two cults...”

“The Choice is still yours of course.”

"I need to speak to my father..."

He shows up later. He's commin'.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:She thanks you profusely

This had better be worth it.

The meeting seems to start off rather wonderfully, in fact he's more than welcoming to her and after hearing her story, he seems more than willing to help you out with your plans.

Well, there's one down. Three more to go I believe.

Roll another d100 with your next meeting.

Right, here goes.

If he doesn't agree? Well, intimidation time!

Last edited by Aceraptor on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:46 am

'd100' : 29

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:01 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well for those that died, I'll personally give a prayer to Olric for them at their pyres. While later that night at camp, I'll give a cheer to them, our honored dead.

Noted.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4126147/
1d100 → [46] = (46)

As you're about to pass that last mountain range before home...you hear the howling of wolves but not any wolves...Winter Wolves....BIG ONES

"Man, with tooth decay like that I'm surprised they haven't rotted out of your mouth already..."

You want these guys to work for ya or die of apoplexy right here right now?

Only 3ft?  :p

5 ft?

I point to my face. "This is my serious face... its the face that I make when I am being serious."

"We got it boss..."

It's your last evening on the sol before you begin hoofing into the mountains.  As you begin lighting a fire you hear the sounds of wild animals roaring, from the forest come at least 10 mountain trolls.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

"I need to speak to my father..."

"Alright then take your time."

He shows up later. He's commin'.

I clap him on the shoulder, "Welcome aboard kid.  Don't worry we should be able to get along just fine.  First thing's first though...the moment we get to a town big enough I'm getting you some armor and something better than a blacksmith work hammer.  If he makes a comment I say, "Can you handle a hammer to the forehead?  Or have bullets not punch through your back at close range?  Then some armor we are getting you..."  For the time being though, I'll lend him the rune ax.  LEND!  I still intend on giving that to the original owners eventually.

How I tell the others when I bring the kid along depends on their reactions, though I hide no secrets.

This had better be worth it.

Well, there's one down. Three more to go I believe.

Yup

Right, here goes.

The next merchant, one that sells furniture to every corner of the empire...is much more surly about the whole thing.  It takes a combination of you crunching wood work and some concessions on her shipping his furniture before he agrees to it.

Next merchant.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:The next merchant, one that sells furniture to every corner of the empire...is much more surly about the whole thing.  It takes a combination of you crunching wood work and some concessions on her shipping his furniture before he agrees to it.

Next merchant.

Welp, time to talk to the next one. At this rate, I might have to intimidate the next bastard.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:03 am

'd100' : 10

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:12 am

You want these guys to work for ya or die of apoplexy right here right now?

Enraged ogre attacks human, gets his ass wooped. News at 11.

5 ft?

Closer. They tend to be 9-12 ft tall

"We got it boss..."

Evil grin.

It's your last evening on the sol before you begin hoofing into the mountains.  As you begin lighting a fire you hear the sounds of wild animals roaring, from the forest come at least 10 mountain trolls.

I look at the ogres. "You wouldn't happen to like troll meat do you?"

Then I toss Valten one of my axes.

"Alright, you're killing at least one of them, non-negotiable and I'll take the ones the rest of you can't handle. The rest of you watch his back, and by Shalya's perfect bum, be careful because these things puke acid."

I clap him on the shoulder, "Welcome aboard kid.  Don't worry we should be able to get along just fine.  First thing's first though...the moment we get to a town big enough I'm getting you some armor and something better than a blacksmith work hammer.  If he makes a comment I say, "Can you handle a hammer to the forehead?  Or have bullets not punch through your back at close range?  Then some armor we are getting you..."  For the time being though, I'll lend him the rune ax.  LEND!  I still intend on giving that to the original owners eventually.

How I tell the others when I bring the kid along depends on their reactions, though I hide no secrets.

He's fine with a better weapon.

So what now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:25 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

As you're about to pass that last mountain range before home...you hear the howling of wolves but not any wolves...Winter Wolves....BIG ONES
Well now this is interesting, as this is either a blessing of aid from Olric if I can break them to my will and make them accept me as Alpha or a boon as items made from winter wolves will help greatly in the coming battles for the men I make my elites. So with that thought I call my people to hold and wait, as I turn to Kenna and Ingvar and say.

"I think this might be a test from Olric for me. An if so, I want to show my respect to it that it deserves by handling this alone."

So with that I part from them and stalk over to the wolves, taking off my gauntlets and cloak while I walk, letting them fall where they may. An while doing this I let out a low growl of dominance and power to show I am another predator to them while I look over their pack looking for there alpha. Then once I find him I lock eyes with the beast and roar a challenge of primal power and fury, trying to cow it before the fight even starts. So that once our exchange is done I can charge at the wolf and getting into grappling with it. Before using my power to slowly pin it on it's back and letting it know I'm doing this because I can and are stronger. Then pinned, I bite it one the bared neck before it's pack and draw blood. But only enough to draw and not any more before letting it go. If the alpha comes at me again I'll do this once more but this time I will bite deeper, but not damagingly so. An if he comes at me again I just rip out it's throat with my bare teeth.

Then once the alpha is handled I turn to the rest of the pack and roaring a challenge to them. Where if the come at me I dominate then like I did the alpha one at a time, if the show there bellies to me I bite on them on the throat to power my power and accept them and if the one I just catch them and rip out their throats.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:43 am

Welp, time to talk to the next one. At this rate, I might have to intimidate the next bastard.

This time you arrive at a dingy merchant house, apparently this one was an old friend of the family... and slightly infamous for being one of the only above the board merchants in Marienburg.

When he sees the young lady. He's overjoyed to see the little girl he's known her whole life. When she tells him what happens, he outraged about what happened and he swears to support you in the coming up court case.

Next merchant.

Heh heh, and technically true no matter what you imply.

Ah right.

I look at the ogres. "You wouldn't happen to like troll meat do you?"

"Cook it long enough and it's alright."

Then I toss Valten one of my axes.

"Alright, you're killing at least one of them, non-negotiable and I'll take the ones the rest of you can't handle. The rest of you watch his back, and by Shalya's perfect bum, be careful because these things puke acid."

He stares at the ax then at the trolls like 'you've got to be kidding me!' But he grits his teeth and attacks.

The fight goes about as well as expected. The trolls are dead and the orgres start roasting the trolls. Valten comported himself well. Killed two of the bastards actually Frieda actually kisses him on the cheek after the fight. The kid starts smiling like a dolt.

You know what...considering the snafu this entire arc is...could we say Lachenbad never happened... Let's just say I was tempted...but the time wasn't right.

Altdorf anyone? I'm sure the Gold Wizard needs to make his report or something...

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well now this is interesting, as this is either a blessing of aid from Olric if I can break them to my will and make them accept me as Alpha or a boon as items made from winter wolves will help greatly in the coming battles for the men I make my elites. So with that thought I call my people to hold and wait, as I turn to Kenna and Ingvar and say.

"I think this might be a test from Olric for me. An if so, I want to show my respect to it that it deserves by handling this alone."

So with that I part from them and stalk over to the wolves, taking off my gauntlets and cloak while I walk, letting them fall where they may. An while doing this I let out a low growl of dominance and power to show I am another predator to them while I look over their pack looking for there alpha. Then once I find him I lock eyes with the beast and roar a challenge of primal power and fury, trying to cow it before the fight even starts. So that once our exchange is done I can charge at the wolf and getting into grappling with it. Before using my power to slowly pin it on it's back and letting it know I'm doing this because I can and are stronger. Then pinned, I bite it one the bared neck before it's pack and draw blood. But only enough to draw and not any more before letting it go. If the alpha comes at me again I'll do this once more but this time I will bite deeper, but not damagingly so. An if he comes at me again I just rip out it's throat with my bare teeth.

Then once the alpha is handled I turn to the rest of the pack and roaring a challenge to them. Where if the come at me I dominate then like I did the alpha one at a time, if the show there bellies to me I bite on them on the throat to power my power and accept them and if the one I just catch them and rip out their throats.

It takes a few minutes before the wolf pack comes loping over the hills. And yes they are huge and horrible. (Think Knight's Quest.)

When you howl at the top of your lungs it makes the ground shake and most of the pack cowers, expect for the Alpha, he just gets angry and leaps at you what follows next is just embarrassing for the poor mutt.

It only takes a few minutes of ferocious struggling out of him before he finally gives and starts whining in submission. It only takes the other wolves to look at each other before all 12 of them lay down and roll over.

The rest of your party just stares...
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:
This time you arrive at a dingy merchant house, apparently this one was an old friend of the family... and slightly infamous for being one of the only above the board merchants in Marienburg.

When he sees the young lady.  He's overjoyed to see the little girl he's known her whole life.  When she tells him what happens, he outraged about what happened and he swears to support you in the coming up court case.

Huh, didn't go as bad as I thought, though, his credibility may not be that good.

Next merchant.

Got it.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:45 am

'd100' : 93

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:50 am

Vargr Skarin

He’s glad to have you, while he doesn’t set you up in the VERY best rooms in the place...they ARE comfortable enough.

You have the evening until dinner tonight to yourself, anything you wish to do?

I'm going to be properly paranoid and give the rooms a once-over, checking for any hints of concealed doorways or spy holes.

After that ... well ... cold streams and rivers/lakes have nothing on a proper hot bath. Call on whatever servant is assigned to my rooms or the guest suites in general to draw me one.

Otherwise, head back to the library and continue with perusing the historical account until dinner. I think I can afford myself today to relax and get the measure of things before starting to poke around.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:01 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Men: 900 (305 married)
Total: 1,210

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 900
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200
Total: 900

Inventory:

It takes a few minutes before the wolf pack comes loping over the hills. And yes they are huge and horrible. (Think Knight's Quest.)
After being able to lay eyes of the mighty wolves, I say a quick prayer in thanks to Olric. As no matter how things end here, this is a mighty gift.

When you howl at the top of your lungs it makes the ground shake and most of the pack cowers, expect for the Alpha, he just gets angry and leaps at you what follows next is just embarrassing for the poor mutt.
Good, having a Alpha that has this much backbone in the presence of such a larger foe. Fills with me respect for the wolf, as I know it to be smart enough to know how much more powerfully then I am of it and makes my want for my pack all the more greater.

It only takes a few minutes of ferocious struggling out of him before he finally gives and starts whining in submission. It only takes the other wolves to look at each other before all 12 of them lay down and roll over.
Good, it is now mine. An with it the pack is as well. So I look over then and have them raise once more as my pack and then face the heavens with them and just howl, howling to finish my placement in there new order, howling to show my respect for their power and Beauty and howling to show my thanks to Olric once more this time in honor of his wolf aspect since I already gave thanks to his human side.

The rest of your party just stares...
Then finishing my howl, I turn back to my wife and men and see the stares and just give them all a wolfish grin and raise a hand to them and scream. "My Queen! My people! Truly Olric is with us in our coming tasks! As is there no greater show of his grace then to have his heralds of this great land, the wolves of winter come to us and have them join in our cause and people?!

So For Olric! For a clean Norsca! An For the true Norscans! For we are the Blade of Olric and will we be the ones to strike out the 4 from our homes!"

An with that we continue home, though now in greater spirits. Though for the rest of the time we head back I bond with the wolves with Kenna and make sure to show them that my men are pack and my wife my mate.

Last edited by Ironforge on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:10 am

Heh heh, and technically true no matter what you imply.

Ah right.

"Cook it long enough and it's alright."

I nod. "Alright..." I glance to Frieda. "Start a cook fire... make that two. One really big, and one for the rest of us well downwind..."

He stares at the ax then at the trolls like 'you've got to be kidding me!' But he grits his teeth and attacks.

The fight goes about as well as expected. The trolls are dead and the orgres start roasting the trolls. Valten comported himself well. Killed two of the bastards actually Frieda actually kisses him on the cheek after the fight. The kid starts smiling like a dolt.

I clap him on the shoulder. "Well done, lad."

We get a proper meal.

The Ogres are told that the Trolls are all theirs and there's a roaring fire waiting to roast them.

Fine.

Okay. The Gold Wizard is going with you. He's going to be waiting for his contact to show up.

So you really wanna stop off in altdorf?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next