Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:07 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 158g 16s

He’s dead silent for a long while, “Were you any other man...I might call you mad and a fool.  But you...considering who you are and what you can do...I think this old empire just might have a bit of hope.  Though I am curious how you will do it?”

I look out the window. "They could be a great people, sir, and wish to be. Humanity has such a great capacity for good, but in these dark times they lack the light to show them they way." I turn back to him. "I will give the people an ideal to strive toward," And then smile, "They will race behind me. They will stumble, they will fall. But in time... they will join me in the light.”

“Nothing yet, but maybe later...yes...maybe later...”

OOC meant to say "Farthing for your thoughts"

He seems to internalize that name a few times before he looks back to you.

"I believe its the village of Lachenbad in the Reikland." I pause. "I believe he needs to be watched and protected. We can't have him falling in with the wrong crowd and there's a chance Chaos and other foul forces might be looking for him. Remember, even if he is the Chosen of Sigmar... Sigmar was a Champion of Ulric..."

OOC and retcon, the mark of the comet is on his chest.

“That is not good lad...that is not good at all...”

"Not good? He wants to become the Lord of the End Time. We need to spread the word that if he can't be stopped there will be a new war," I frown, "And I believe he intends to attack Middenheim..."

I look at the Eternal Flame and frown.

“We can only hope.

I chuckle

The templars look almost 2 feet taller at the complement and agree to such a spar though they wonder how well they would actually fair against a man who is a blood son of Ulric, and someone with the strength of 1000 men.

"I will not strike a friend with my full power. While I have the strength of a thousand and the blood of Ulric, I am still a man like any other. The honor of fighting you would be mine."

You walk through the city from the temple of Ulric to the dwellings of the Graf.  When the guards accost you, you present the letter of recommendation from count von Uder and they allow you through though they wonder what the hell is going on.

You enter the Middenplatz and are led to a side room where a stuffy looking fellow introduces himself as a secretary of some sort and says that the Graf is a busy man and under great stress with the loss of his son so it might be some time before an appointment can be made, even after you show him the letter from von Uder, you swear you hear him mutter something about dumb bumpkins little better than peasants but he doesn’t seem to realize that you heard him insult your benefactor.  What do you do now?  As he says it’ll be at least 10 days before you even have a ghost of a chance of seeing the Graf.

"Would you like me to inform the Baron that you said that? I have sworn to come to his aid and if he should challenge you to a duel of honor... he is a busy man and I would be most honored if he asked me to stand in his place..."

I smile in that special way that only an Alpha wolf can... when looking at a deer with a pronounced limp.

I raise my eyebrow at that but don’t comment further.

"I was told to keep quiet."

“Alright...”  I hand the wizard my gear and I submit myself to the Priest.

The priest leaves you spent. Various rituals and spells and strange incense...

“Uh...Father are you alright?  Is there something wrong?”

"NO! I'm FINE! Everything is FINE!" He grins like a madman.

“Master Wizard, is there something wrong with my weapons?”

"Your weapons... are the single most amazing feat of magical craftsmanship I have ever seen and I must admit that I, a Master Magester of the Gold College, feel as baffled as a boy child looking at a Rune Fang. I must call for a expert of greater skill and talent than myself!"

I stare at them, slack jawed.... “Middenheim...THE MIDDENHEIM!  The City of the White Wolf?  The center of the All-Father’s cult in the Empire?  Hell Yes I’ll Go!”  I rush out to tell the others then I pause for a moment and turn back around.  “May I bring someone along?”

"I see no reason not! Who will it be lad? Whom shall you bring? And how many? The coaches will be provided!"

If yes then I go talk with Cosmina, I tell her about what happened with the Ulrician Priest and the Gold Wizard and how they want me to go to Middenheim with them.  I then tell her that I asked if I could bring someone along and since they said yes, “Cosmina...would...would you like to come with me?  I realize that it’s a long way from Averland but it would be nice if there was a familiar face there.”  I give her a hopeful pleading  look, or as hopeful and pleading as a 6’10’’ viking can.

"YES!" She smiles, "And as much as I respect the Father, I'd be most pleased never to return... it is too close to Sylvania."

…oh dear...this will not end well will it?

More they're sending word!

MORE EXPERTS

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by bzzt3421 Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:13 am

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz

Brian Boru wrote:She pouts when you don’t seem interested but when the dance is over she kisses you on the cheek and telling you her name is Anya and if you change your mind...then she slinks away.
I hate to see her go, but I love watching her leave. Pity, but there's still work to do.

Well you meet with the lords, to your surprise the old lord from Kislev welcomes you as warmly as Heintz, the lady is reserved but she greets you politely.

When you ask what the plan is now, they tell you that the current plan is to pursue the horde that the main army fought with and then make another great patrol before disbanding back to their original homes if there are no other larger chaos bands.
If needed, I'll volunteer to scout ahead with Piet and the wolves. Though if the horde is that big, I doubt that will be necessary. More likely, there will be a need to hunt down any bands that split off from the retreating horde. I'll assist in wherever the Baron would like me.

I wonder what changed the mood of the Kislev nobles? My information was valid I suppose, but I would think the whole Norscan thing would still put them off.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 am

Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Wealth: 1210 GP in loot/coin
Inventory: 3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

Well looks like I'll get to show the Dwarfs what I can really do right now when I really go all out. An so with that thought I tell the others head back in while I go talk with the dwarfs so we can plan how we crush these northern bastards.

Do note the gear you gave them was sent away the day before so....

Then I'll head other to where the Elders and Thane, an offer to show them what I can really do and help them take care of their army problem. With me backing the back of the enemy army, while there forces holding back and getting in place to take out the broken reminders of the horde that is let. An if they go for it, I'll offer to head out with their forces to meet the Graelings, then run around to flank their forces and just plow through them breaking their forces, killing their leaders, archers and casters if they have them. So that once I meet back up with the dwarf forces, we can just grind the rest to dust.

They give you a funny look but eventually they agree and you march out later that day with the army of the hold 2100 strong, mostly warriors and crossbowmen though roughly 10 grudge throwers are also present.  

You meet the army in a medium sized pass.  The dwarves take the highground at one end of the pass and prepare themselves for the fight.  The horde, red colored so dedicated to Khorne, pours into the valley their battlecries echoing through the vale.  Roughly 50 knights of chaos, the lord of the band riding a Juggernaught thunder across the plain ahead of the army, which consist of roughly 800 warriors of chaos while the rest are marauder like,  If that line hits a hella lotta dwarves gonna die.

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Sorely tempted to have your temporary name be slappy....

I look out the window. "They could be a great people, sir, and wish to be. Humanity has such a great capacity for good, but in these dark times they lack the light to show them they way." I turn back to him. "I will give the people an ideal to strive toward," And then smile, "They will race behind me. They will stumble, they will fall. But in time... they will join me in the light.”

“And if you’re there, well they might just do it.”  He claps you on the shoulder.

OOC:  This is now coming to mind if you get the Mien of Ulric  http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/superman_528x297.jpg

"I believe its the village of Lachenbad in the Reikland." I pause. "I believe he needs to be watched and protected. We can't have him falling in with the wrong crowd and there's a chance Chaos and other foul forces might be looking for him. Remember, even if he is the Chosen of Sigmar... Sigmar was a Champion of Ulric..."

OOC and retcon, the mark of the comet is on his chest.

He raises an eyebrow, “Indeed, that IS true though many Sigmarites seem to fail to remember this little fact.”  He looks to you....  “Maybe you might want to go see to that.  It would certainly fit and I can think of no better man for the job to be honest.”

"Not good? He wants to become the Lord of the End Time. We need to spread the word that if he can't be stopped there will be a new war," I frown, "And I believe he intends to attack Middenheim..."

I look at the Eternal Flame and frown.

He follows your gaze...and turns as pale as a ghost, then a look of fury crosses his face. “Not while I still draw breath.”

"I will not strike a friend with my full power. While I have the strength of a thousand and the blood of Ulric, I am still a man like any other. The honor of fighting you would be mine."

Then a spar there will be.

The results are interesting.  You still hit like a truck but it IS at a manageable level.  While you have OBVIOUS skill with your weapons, the templars, skill wise are just stupendously good.  Only the youngest of them, only in the order for a few years you can regularly beat on skill alone.

"Would you like me to inform the Baron that you said that? I have sworn to come to his aid and if he should challenge you to a duel of honor... he is a busy man and I would be most honored if he asked me to stand in his place..."

I smile in that special way that only an Alpha wolf can... when looking at a deer with a pronounced limp.

He turns as pale as a sheet and looks like he’s about to piss himself.  He quickly mutters an apology to you and a promise of one for the baron.  He also says that he might be able to cut the wait down to five days from now.  How does that sound.  He’s sweating bullets and his eyes are begging you to take the offer.

"I was told to keep quiet."

“By whom?  If it isn’t prying to deep?”  Now I’m really curious.

The priest leaves you spent. Various rituals and spells and strange incense...

Anything that I can see or feel?

"NO! I'm FINE! Everything is FINE!" He grins like a madman.

“Are you sure?  Because I may not be a healer but isn’t foaming at the mouth normally a bad thing?”  I’m honestly a little concerned for him, and wondering what the hell he discovered.

"Your weapons... are the single most amazing feat of magical craftsmanship I have ever seen and I must admit that I, a Master Magester of the Gold College, feel as baffled as a boy child looking at a Rune Fang. I must call for a expert of greater skill and talent than myself!"

I raise my eyebrows, “Really because I found them under a little rock down in Tilea, near that giant swamp.  Honestly the only reason I really THINK it was a tomb was because there was a skeleton down at the bottom, kinda big for a Tillean but I’m nowhere near an expert on that sort of matter.”

"I see no reason not! Who will it be lad? Whom shall you bring? And how many? The coaches will be provided!"

“Well just one.  An initiate of Morr’s cult.  A girl by the name of Cosmina.  Well when we went into that forest some time ago we ran into a Vampire she seemed to have some history with.  And I’ve already promised that I’d keep her safe.  And if that bastard if after her then I’ll have to keep her close to keep my oath.  And well what could be a safer place from a blood sucking abomination like that then in Middenheim right?”

Note I’m likely blushing like a neon light.  And I doubt I’ve even kissed her yet!

"YES!" She smiles, "And as much as I respect the Father, I'd be most pleased never to return... it is too close to Sylvania."

Well then I smile and say that it would be my pleasure to have her along.

Then I say my good-byes to Freddie and the boys, wish them luck and say that if you ever come to Middenheim you’re more than welcome to drop by you old warhound.

More they're sending word!

MORE EXPERTS

….GAAAAAAA!

Well whenever we head out I’ll make sure that the first time we stop in any large town I’m looking for anything written by Felix Jaeger  YAAY META!

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

I hate to see her go, but I love watching her leave. Pity, but there's still work to do.

Heh, alright then

If needed, I'll volunteer to scout ahead with Piet and the wolves. Though if the horde is that big, I doubt that will be necessary. More likely, there will be a need to hunt down any bands that split off from the retreating horde. I'll assist in wherever the Baron would like me.

I wonder what changed the mood of the Kislev nobles? My information was valid I suppose, but I would think the whole Norscan thing would still put them off.

Well it was mostly becuase everyone and their dog was telling them about what the hell you did at the pass.  A mixture of honest respect and don’t piss this guy off.

Well they accept your offer and you and the others set off.   The horde right now is plenty big enough to follow but you notice fragments breaking off in multiple directions.  There are four at least.  Two heading west (50,100)  and another two heading east, (20, 200)
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:15 am

Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Inventory: 3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

Do note the gear you gave them was sent away the day before so....
Noted.

They give you a funny look but eventually they agree and you march out later that day with the army of the hold 2100 strong, mostly warriors and crossbowmen though roughly 10 grudge throwers are also present.
Oh those grudge throwers should come in handy there if we end up using them.

You meet the army in a medium sized pass. The dwarves take the highground at one end of the pass and prepare themselves for the fight. The horde, red colored so dedicated to Khorne, pours into the valley their battlecries echoing through the vale.  Roughly 50 knights of chaos, the lord of the band riding a Juggernaught thunder across the plain ahead of the army, which consist of roughly 800 warriors of chaos while the rest are marauder like,  If that line hits a hella lotta dwarves gonna die.
Well it looks like I know what I'm going to kill first, as that chaos lord needs to die now. So note wasting anytime, I give my signal too the dwarfs that I'm will be heading out and go crack some heads.

An with that done, I rocket off to meet the knights in there charge and just outright plow through them fist first and just keep going until I have just pasted everything in front of me with either my fist or trampled it under foot. Then once the knights are dead, I let the blood flow from my enemies as I just wade into the thick of it with them and kill all I can get my hands on. While also making full use of the elemental powers my gauntlets give and for the first time using the power freely and at every chance I can with the fury of Thor's anger and rage.

Last edited by Ironforge on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:37 am

Sorely tempted to have your temporary name be slappy....

I'll think of something.

Though if I wanted to really troll you, I'd call him Kal.

“And if you’re there, well they might just do it.” He claps you on the shoulder.

"I pray it is such. People deserve better."

OOC: This is now coming to mind if you get the Mien of Ulric http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/superman_528x297.jpg

Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear that until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice are the reality we all share, I'll never stop fighting. Ever.

He raises an eyebrow, “Indeed, that IS true though many Sigmarites seem to fail to remember this little fact.” He looks to you.... “Maybe you might want to go see to that. It would certainly fit and I can think of no better man for the job to be honest.”

"Hm... this will delay my plans somewhat but I can see the truth of it. Though I'm not sure what I'd do once I got there besides smash any chaos."

He follows your gaze...and turns as pale as a ghost, then a look of fury crosses his face. “Not while I still draw breath.”

"And we must prepare. We need to stop him before he can begin this madness." I pause, "Ostland and Hoctland must be warned as well as Nordland."

I pause. "What should we tell the Graf? He'll hear something happened and I'm sure he will have questions once he reads the message from the Baron. And would you like me to deliver the warning as well?"

Then a spar there will be.

The results are interesting. You still hit like a truck but it IS at a manageable level. While you have OBVIOUS skill with your weapons, the templars, skill wise are just stupendously good. Only the youngest of them, only in the order for a few years you can regularly beat on skill alone.

I thank them for the honor and comment that I wish to learn from them. I'm young and have no time for arrogance.

He turns as pale as a sheet and looks like he’s about to piss himself. He quickly mutters an apology to you and a promise of one for the baron. He also says that he might be able to cut the wait down to five days from now. How does that sound. He’s sweating bullets and his eyes are begging you to take the offer.

"Calm down, sir" I say kindly, the vicious spark vanishing like a leaf in the wind, turning into outright benevolence, "Just be mindful of your words in the future. We all hold our bias but to speak them aloud in ignorance sake belittles us as much as it does the intended target...." I pause, "It also makes it far less likely to be overheard by those who are quick to take insult."

Once he's calm, if given one, I show him the message from the Ur-Ulric and polity ask if there are any more immediate openings.

“By whom? If it isn’t prying to deep?” Now I’m really curious.

"Father Johan," she replies. Johan being the old priest.

Anything that I can see or feel?

Heat, cold, a primal urge from down inside... honestly... its real trippy.

“Are you sure? Because I may not be a healer but isn’t foaming at the mouth normally a bad thing?” I’m honestly a little concerned for him, and wondering what the hell he discovered.

"No! No! Nothings wrong. I just need to send a message, that's all. Sorry to be a bother."

"I raise my eyebrows, “Really because I found them under a little rock down in Tilea, near that giant swamp. Honestly the only reason I really THINK it was a tomb was because there was a skeleton down at the bottom, kinda big for a Tillean but I’m nowhere near an expert on that sort of matter.”

He goggles then scowls. "Could you relocate this tomb?"

“Well just one. An initiate of Morr’s cult. A girl by the name of Cosmina. Well when we went into that forest some time ago we ran into a Vampire she seemed to have some history with. And I’ve already promised that I’d keep her safe. And if that bastard if after her then I’ll have to keep her close to keep my oath. And well what could be a safer place from a blood sucking abomination like that then in Middenheim right?”

Note I’m likely blushing like a neon light. And I doubt I’ve even kissed her yet!

"Aye, don't worry. Your woman will be save. She'll be safe as a cub in the middle of a dire wolf pack."

Well then I smile and say that it would be my pleasure to have her along.

The old man takes no offense and she goes with happily among with a depressingly small bag containing all she owns.

Then I say my good-byes to Freddie and the boys, wish them luck and say that if you ever come to Middenheim you’re more than welcome to drop by you old warhound.

"Hate to see you leave with that vampire poking around... but if you do come back think you could bring a nice regiment of house troops?

And you're off... d100!

Last edited by Psyckosama on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:52 am

Vargr Skarin

He agrees and settles for some well made but durable stuff the tailor happened to be selling in town. He returns with some actually good stuff for road travel though the garish hat with the silly feather makes you look at him though he smiles sheepishly and says, “I’m sorry...I couldn’t resist my friends.”

"Mort, I'm your friend, not your fashion adviser. As long as you don't expect _me_ to wear one, I won't expect you to run around shirtless and inked."

You continue on your way to the coast. A few nights later, you’re awoken to the feeling of a cord around your neck. YOUR BEING STRANGLED....not very well. Despite someone digging, twisting and pulling with all their might...nothing is happening....you could sit their all not and not be hindered in the slightest. Unfortunately the sounds of struggle elsewhere indicate that you might need to move soon.

... considering that at the very least Skarin's instincts about this kind of thing would be pretty keen, I'm sort of disappointed in our collective awareness.

Then I sit up, yank whoever is trying to strangle me in front of me by their arms, and proceed to dislocate said arms as I take stock of just what the hell is going on around me and whether or not Mort is still breathing. I assume he is, given the fact that it sounds like somebody is fighting somebody else.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Oh those grudge throwers should come in handy there if we end up using them.

Heh

Well it looks like I know what I'm going to kill first, as that chaos lord needs to die now. So note wasting anytime, I give my signal too the dwarfs that I'm will be heading out and go crack some heads.

They look at you like you’re nuts but before they can say anything, you’re off like a shot, plowing right into the enemy army.

An with that done, I rocket off to meet the knights in there charge and just outright plow through them fist first and just keep going until I have just pasted everything in front of me with either my fist or trampled it under foot. Then once the knights are dead, I let the blood flow from my enemies as I just wade into the thick out it with them and kill all I can get my hands on. While also making full use of the elemental powers my gauntlets give and for the first time using the power freely and at every chance I can with the fury of Thor's anger and rage.

The 50 knights and yourself thunder towards each other like two unstoppable forces.  When you’re about to collide you activate the thunder rune in your gauntlets, and the crackle with the force of the storm.  Then you connect.  The knights and their hell mounts go flying in a dozen direction, men and beasts screaming either in pain or outrage at being thrown around like that.  The Juggernaut and the chaos champion riding it manage to swerve out of the way just at the right second, receiving only a glancing strike, one that still sends them tummbling as lighting crackles through their form.  But amazingly the beast stumbles back to its feet and charges again.  The champion take a bit longer though he wasn’t the one hit.  The beast rushes right for you, intent on running you down and goring you with its horns.  Your fist swings again and this time  it connects straight in between the beast’s eyes.

Its body collapses like a squeezed accordion, gore and bones splatter in every direction. Then with rapidity the beast’s corpse dissipates into thin air leaving nothing but the smell of blood in the air from where it lay.  You turn your attention back to the knights and for the most part they can touch you.  When the last of them is dead, the only injuries you’ve suffered are occasional nicks that just won’t stop bleeding.  The chaos champion is alone and on foot.  His horde is approaching still but at a slightly subdued pace as they watched their leader and his elite be torn apart by a single man.  Then the chaos champion bellows a prayer to Khorne and charges you, his huge battle-axe held on high.  One punch to the head burst it like a melon and his ax shatters on your other gauntlet when he swings his death swing.

Then you turn your attention to the chaos horde...and grin.  You prepare to charge again but before you start moving stones start flying through the air and strike the oncoming horde, it seems that the dwarves will not be content with sitting on the sidelines and they come on like an avalanche in slow motion.  Do you wait for the bombardment to end or keep on going?  You’ve run out of lighting charge but you feel it won’t take long to recharge.

"I pray it is such. People deserve better."

He nods in agreement.

Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear that until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice are the reality we all share, I'll never stop fighting. Ever.

Nice

"Hm... this will delay my plans somewhat but I can see the truth of it. Though I'm not sure what I'd do once I got there besides smash any chaos."

“It would still make me sleep better at night.  The last thing we need is a religious war.”

"And we must prepare. We need to stop him before he can begin this madness." I pause, "Ostland and Hoctland must be warned as well as Nordland."

He nods and says that he’ll make sure to send messages to the cult centers there.

I pause. "What should we tell the Graf? He'll hear something happened and I'm sure he will have questions once he reads the message from the Baron. And would you like me to deliver the warning as well?"

“Simply the truth though I would not let the news until we have a plan.  As for warning.  Yes tell him, he will need to know.”

I thank them for the honor and comment that I wish to learn from them. I'm young and have no time for arrogance.

They thank you for the opportunity to test their mettle against you.

"Calm down, sir" I say kindly, the vicious spark vanishing like a leaf in the wind, turning into outright benevolence, "Just be mindful of your words in the future. We all hold our bias but to speak them aloud in ignorance sake belittles us as much as it does the intended target...." I pause, "It also makes it far less likely to be overheard by those who are quick to take insult."

Once he's calm, if given one, I show him the message from the Ur-Ulric and polity ask if there are any more immediate openings.

He calms down a bit, and takes the message of the ar-ulric and when he sees the seal his eyes widen and he says that tomorrow, definitely tomorrow you’ll get to have a private meeting with him.

"Father Johan," she replies. Johan being the old priest.

Interesting but I don’t question further I’m sure it’ll come out eventually.

Heat, cold, a primal urge from down inside... honestly... its real trippy.

Interesting.

"No! No! Nothings wrong. I just need to send a message, that's all. Sorry to be a bother."

“Allllrrrriiiigggghhhht....”  I smile and nod and try to get away from the crazy man discretely.

He goggles then scowls. "Could you relocate this tomb?"

“Not likely unfortunately.  One that tomb was tiny, barely enough room for the skeleton and the ax and shield.  Two the tomb collapsed the moment I touched the weapons.  The only reason I got out of there because I was given that strength.

"Aye, don't worry. Your woman will be save. She'll be safe as a cub in the middle of a dire wolf pack."

“Thank you...”

The old man takes no offense and she goes with happily among with a depressingly small bag containing all she owns.

Note to self find some way to rectify that.

"Hate to see you leave with that vampire poking around... but if you do come back think you could bring a nice regiment of house troops?

I laugh and say that I’ll see what I can do.

And you're off... d100!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4112673/

I rolled a 13...

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

"Mort, I'm your friend, not your fashion adviser. As long as you don't expect _me_ to wear one, I won't expect you to run around shirtless and inked."

He laughs at that one.

... considering that at the very least Skarin's instincts about this kind of thing would be pretty keen, I'm sort of disappointed in our collective awareness.

Or these guys are just that sneaky.

Then I sit up, yank whoever is trying to strangle me in front of me by their arms, and proceed to dislocate said arms as I take stock of just what the hell is going on around me and whether or not Mort is still breathing. I assume he is, given the fact that it sounds like somebody is fighting somebody else.

You pull the man over your head with relative ease and with a quick jerk, pop his arms out of socket.  Leaving the poor sap to wallow in his pain, you turn to see that young Mort is surrounded by at least six bandit most armed with spears, or axes of one type or another and while he’s holding them off admirably it’s only for so long before he gets swarmed.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:24 pm

They look at you like you’re nuts but before they can say anything, you’re off like a shot, plowing right into the enemy army.
An now to show the dwarfs what I can and the runes can really do.

The 50 knights and yourself thunder towards each other like two unstoppable forces.  When you’re about to collide you activate the thunder rune in your gauntlets, and the crackle with the force of the storm.  Then you connect.  The knights and their hell mounts go flying in a dozen direction, men and beasts screaming either in pain or outrage at being thrown around like that.  The Juggernaut and the chaos champion riding it manage to swerve out of the way just at the right second, receiving only a glancing strike, one that still sends them tummbling as lighting crackles through their form.  But amazingly the beast stumbles back to its feet and charges again.  The champion take a bit longer though he wasn’t the one hit.  The beast rushes right for you, intent on running you down and goring you with its horns.  Your fist swings again and this time  it connects straight in between the beast’s eyes.

Its body collapses like a squeezed accordion, gore and bones splatter in every direction. Then with rapidity the beast’s corpse dissipates into thin air leaving nothing but the smell of blood in the air from where it lay.  You turn your attention back to the knights and for the most part they can touch you.  When the last of them is dead, the only injuries you’ve suffered are occasional nicks that just won’t stop bleeding.  The chaos champion is alone and on foot.  His horde is approaching still but at a slightly subdued pace as they watched their leader and his elite be torn apart by a single man.  Then the chaos champion bellows a prayer to Khorne and charges you, his huge battle-axe held on high.  One punch to the head burst it like a melon and his ax shatters on your other gauntlet when he swings his death swing.
Ah, now that felt nice. As is there no better feeling then knowing that you are making a real difference in the world with one's own fists.

Then you turn your attention to the chaos horde...and grin.  You prepare to charge again but before you start moving stones start flying through the air and strike the oncoming horde, it seems that the dwarves will not be content with sitting on the sidelines and they come on like an avalanche in slow motion.  Do you wait for the bombardment to end or keep on going?  You’ve run out of lighting charge but you feel it won’t take long to recharge.
Ah it looks like I'll be fighting in the rain then, as I look about and see how the rocks are falling from the sky. Though with so many large rock on the battle field now I get a great idea. An so with that thought I continue on with my bloody rampage here in the chaos ranks, though I make sure to sing praise/prayer to the the All-Father in my work. While I also make sure to make my way to the nearest large rock I can find and once there pick it up and do some bowling with my enemies being the pins. An with some may rocks here I'll have many shots to play with here. Though I'll make sure to not have any of the rocks head to my allies and once the make impact in the ranks I'll stop this tactic. So at that point I just go back to killing the old fashion way with fist and lighten.

Last edited by Ironforge on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Vargr Skarin

You pull the man over your head with relative ease and with a quick jerk, pop his arms out of socket.  Leaving the poor sap to wallow in his pain, you turn to see that young Mort is surrounded by at least six bandit most armed with spears, or axes of one type or another and while he’s holding them off admirably it’s only for so long before he gets swarmed.

Oh? The screaming in pain from their compatriot didn't alert them?

In that case ... inhale, howl, and glare to freeze them in place. Then ... well ...

http://duuude.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/beat-a-motherfucker-with-a-mother-fucker.jpg

wield the guy with dislocated arms as a bludgeon. Don't forget to chase down/bring down any runners. And loot. Always loot.

Last edited by Rieverre on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:40 pm

“It would still make me sleep better at night.  The last thing we need is a religious war.”

"So, find him and train him?"

He nods and says that he’ll make sure to send messages to the cult centers there.

"I think the dwarves, elves, and kislevians need to be contacted"

“Simply the truth though I would not let the news until we have a plan.  As for warning.  Yes tell him, he will need to know.”

"Understtod"

They thank you for the opportunity to test their mettle against you.

Again, the honor was mine

He calms down a bit, and takes the message of the ar-ulric and when he sees the seal his eyes widen and he says that tomorrow, definitely tomorrow you’ll get to have a private meeting with him.

Thank you.

I return to the temple.

Next day?

Interesting but I don’t question further I’m sure it’ll come out eventually.

Righty.

“Allllrrrriiiigggghhhht....”  I smile and nod and try to get away from the crazy man discretely.

He seems more anxious than anything.

“Not likely unfortunately.  One that tomb was tiny, barely enough room for the skeleton and the ax and shield.  Two the tomb collapsed the moment I touched the weapons.  The only reason I got out of there because I was given that strength.

"Curses."

“Thank you...”

"No, thank you!"

Note to self find some way to rectify that.

If you like.

I laugh and say that I’ll see what I can do.

"Thanks."

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4112673/

I rolled a 13...

Reminder, we have a dice roller...

During your trip your coach comes across a band of traveling refugees...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:42 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:Indeed....

I guess we'll see how people will take such news later on. *grin*

We shall see won’t we?

That we will.

The Count is silent for a long while.  The last time an Everchosen had risen it had taken the might of the entire empire as well as that of Kislev, the Dwarven Holds, and the High Elves to turn Asavar Kul at Praag.  He turns back to the two of you.  “This is a grave situation here.  This Archaon, if he is truly Asavar’s successor...”

He trails off for a while...his thoughts coming to the fore of his focus.  Then suddenly, he slams his hands on the arms of his seat and stands.  “Then we must do all that we can.”  He calls for his secretary to begin writing commands to the various cities and settlements in Nordland to prepare for the storm, as well as messages to the other elector counts and the emperor.

He then turned to the two of you, “And what do you intend to do now?”

I bow to the Elector Count. "I and my companion still have much to travel, lord, we must spread this grave news so that those who stand against the darkness shall be ready to do so."

"After that? I shall fight against the enemy where I am needed. Of that you can be assured." I give a grim smile.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Heh, alright then

Well it was mostly becuase everyone and their dog was telling them about what the hell you did at the pass. A mixture of honest respect and don’t piss this guy off.

Well they accept your offer and you and the others set off. The horde right now is plenty big enough to follow but you notice fragments breaking off in multiple directions. There are four at least. Two heading west (50,100) and another two heading east, (20, 200)
Damn, I was afraid of this. Well this is why I asked Piet to come along. He'll need to ride back to the main army to warn them of the split off bands that went to the west. While I will go after the ones that went off to the east with the wolves. Hopefully I'll be able to track them down quickly and then loop back and take care of the other two.

Having set the wolves on the trail of the larger group heading east, we ran. Fast, hard, and long. I needed to move quickly if I wanted to eliminate both groups before they got to far away. Especially with the two bands going off in the opposite direction. Doesn't matter though, they can run all they like. I won't stop until they're all dead. To hell with Chaos and all it's spawn.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Ah, now that felt nice. As is there no better feeling than knowing that you are making a real difference in the world with one's own fists.

Heh heh true

Ah it looks like I'll be fighting in the rain then, as I look about and see how the rocks are falling from the sky. Though with so many large rock on the battlefield now I get a great idea. An so with that thought I continue on with my bloody rampage here in the chaos ranks, though I make sure to sing praise/prayer to the the All-Father in my work. While I also make sure to make my way to the nearest large rock I can find and once there pick it up and do some bowling with my enemies being the pins. An with some may rocks here I'll have many shots to play with here. Though I'll make sure to not have any of the rocks head to my allies and once the make impact in the ranks I'll stop this tactic. So at that point I just go back to killing the old fashion way with fist and lighten.

It is carnage utter complete and unholy carnage.  The boulders, your bowling, and your fists cause horrific damage to the horde.  Only the raw stubbornness and madness of the Khornate Graelings keep them going.

Then the stones stop and it seems for a short while that the horde has gained a reprieve, but then the stomping of dwarven boots and the rumble of their battle dirges rumble through the air and the dwarves slam into the battered and bloody chaos lines.  Dwarven steel and dwarven bolts bite into twisted flesh and hell steel with feroicious abandon.  Before long the Khornate forces finally break and the dregs of the army break and flee while the warriors either chase after or throw themselves on the axes of the sons of Grungi.  The battle is won with relatively few casualties among your allies while you stand on a mountain of Graeling corpses.

Rieverre wrote:Oh? The screaming in pain from their compatriot didn't alert them?

Well they were a little too focused on their current target at the moment.

In that case ... inhale, howl, and glare to freeze them in place. Then ... well …

That freezes all of the combatants in their place.  The bandits turn to you with horror in their eyes.

http://duuude.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/beat-a-motherfucker-with-a-mother-fucker.jpg

wield the guy with dislocated arms as a bludgeon. Don't forget to chase down/bring down any runners. And loot. Always loot.

By the time you are done with your impromptu bludgeoning there ARE no bandits left.  Looting the bodies you manage to find roughly 4 silver worth of loot, as well as enough rough food to last the two of you for roughly a week.

Mort seems to have a look of disgust on his face though.

"So, find him and train him?"

“And prevent any lunatics from either corrupting him or using him as a weapon against us.”

"I think the dwarves, elves, and kislevians need to be contacted"

“No doubt but it might work better if the Graf himself sent those.”

"Understtod"

Alright

Thank you.

I return to the temple.

Next day?

Alright the next day, after making sure that your maid is safely settled in the temple for the day, you head back to the Middenplatz.  When the guards see you they let you in without a single word.  You continue through the palace, the guards and servants not stopping you.  The secretary you met the day before bows his head and leads you into the throne room of the palace.  Sitting in a raised chair is the lord of Middenheim and Middenland, Boris Todbringer.  He’s an older man with black hair peppered with gray through his moustache and his hair.  His eyes are dark and hard. But his visage is of a man that has had the entire world fall on him.

He looks up at you, his eyes shadowed and hooded.  “Ah ...so you’re the one that nearly terrified my secretary the day before....So lad what was it that was so important that the old wolf seemed to be acting like a boy on his birthday?”

He seems more anxious than anything.

“Are you sure there is nothing wrong father?”

"Curses."

I shrug, “What can you do?”

"No, thank you!"

“...for what?”

If you like.

I would...also have I ever been paid for merc work?

Reminder, we have a dice roller...

During your trip your coach comes across a band of traveling refugees...

If any of the others know what their story is then I ask.  If not then I ask that the coach slow down so I can hop out and I can ask what’s wrong.  I’ll tell them that I can catch up.  Then I ask them what their story is.

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

I bow to the Elector Count. "I and my companion still have much to travel, lord, we must spread this grave news so that those who stand against the darkness shall be ready to do so."

"After that? I shall fight against the enemy where I am needed. Of that you can be assured." I give a grim smile.

He grins and bids you good-bye and Ulric and Mannan’s blessing on you.  He asks if there is anything that he can do for the two of you before you go on your way to Marienburg?

Damn, I was afraid of this. Well this is why I asked Piet to come along. He'll need to ride back to the main army to warn them of the split off bands that went to the west. While I will go after the ones that went off to the east with the wolves. Hopefully I'll be able to track them down quickly and then loop back and take care of the other two.

He does so, riding his horse with shocking skill, the kid might have a future as a cavalryman of one type or another.

Having set the wolves on the trail of the larger group heading east, we ran. Fast, hard, and long. I needed to move quickly if I wanted to eliminate both groups before they got to far away. Especially with the two bands going off in the opposite direction. Doesn't matter though, they can run all they like. I won't stop until they're all dead. To hell with Chaos and all it's spawn.

You stumble across the band resting by a bend in the river.  They have several watchmen set out and...to your horror, at least 40 young women tied up.  While a shaman seems to be preparing for something horrible.  You might want do something about that...
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:03 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

By the time you are done with your impromptu bludgeoning there ARE no bandits left. Looting the bodies you manage to find roughly 4 silver worth of loot, as well as enough rough food to last the two of you for roughly a week.

Mort seems to have a look of disgust on his face though.

I shrug. "One of them tried to garotte me. I feel I gave them the respect that kind of welcome deserves." I assume he's disgusted by either my use of improvised weapon, or the looting. IIRC, Bretonnian knights were iffy on that.

And we should probably relocate for the night as this place isn't exactly fit for us to sleep in anymore, I'd say.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:He grins and bids you good-bye and Ulric and Mannan’s blessing on you.  He asks if there is anything that he can do for the two of you before you go on your way to Marienburg?

I thank him for the offer but I do not believe there is anything we need currently, unless Tyra has any objections, we should get underway as soon as possible. The faster we get this done, the faster the armies can be marshaled.

Unless there's anything else, without further ado, time to head out.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:He does so, riding his horse with shocking skill, the kid might have a future as a cavalryman of one type or another.
Looks like the kid may get his shot at seeing the world after all. Gotrek and Felix had best watch out. Laughing 

You stumble across the band resting by a bend in the river. They have several watchmen set out and...to your horror, at least 40 young women tied up. While a shaman seems to be preparing for something horrible. You might want do something about that...

'They die. They die now.' "AND YOU ARE FIRST!"

Hate? What did I know of hate? I had thought I had hated before. But this, this was trued Hatred. There's a certain disconnect, you know? Between reading something on paper, and seeing in person in front of you. It's like the Holocaust. Reading about it, just doesn't leave a big enough impression. Seeing pictures of survivors? Of atrocities committed there? That leaves a far more potent impact that the written word. And for those who witnessed first hand? It will never leave them, no matter how much they might try. To have read about these things on paper, it just doesn't hit you as seeing it in person does. That beastmen were the spawn of Chaos, that they raped, pillaged, and murdered for the sake of their gods. That they would kidnap and sacrifice women, to sate the desires of monsters that don't even care whether they live or die. To see i something like that first hand? Hatred was too small a word.

I didn't even feel my arm move. One second I was yelling and the next ended with the shaman sporting a new hat. One that stuck out from between it's eye. Handle first. And from the looks of the beastmen surrounding the captured ladies, it was a fashion trend that was catching on. In a handful of minutes my brace of axes was empty. And a score of beastment that surrounded the kidnappies were dead. And soon the rest of these misbegotten bastards would join them. They will die. They Will Burn. THEY WILL FEEL THE FLAMES OF MY HATRED!

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:24 am

I shrug. "One of them tried to garotte me. I feel I gave them the respect that kind of welcome deserves." I assume he's disgusted by either my use of improvised weapon, or the looting. IIRC, Bretonnian knights were iffy on that.

Looting the dead is a pretty big no no but he doesn’t comment on it.  He’s too damn hungry to honestly care and HE wasn’t the one to scavenge like that so it’s alright to eat from the supplies. There, rules lawyering like that is how Bretonnian society runs.

And we should probably relocate for the night as this place isn't exactly fit for us to sleep in anymore, I'd say.

He agrees and the two of you shift further down the road towards your desitnation.  You sleep like the dead and then you head on your way... (Skip to reaching Brionne?)  Or some more events along the road?

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

I thank him for the offer but I do not believe there is anything we need currently, unless Kyra has any objections, we should get underway as soon as possible. The faster we get this done, the faster the armies can be marshaled.

Then he bids you farewell and the two of you are on your way.

Unless there's anything else, without further ado, time to head out.

Then you leave the castle and now is the question on how to get to Marienburg...along the road by the coast?  Through the forests?(where you’d have to go through Laurelorn forest proper and the fey there HAAAAAATEEEE humans there.  Or get passage on a ship to Marienburg (either of you have money?)

Looks like the kid may get his shot at seeing the world after all. Gotrek and Felix had best watch out. Laughing

Heh

'They die. They die now.' "AND YOU ARE FIRST!"

Hate? What did I know of hate? I had thought I had hated before. But this, this was trued Hatred. There's a certain disconnect, you know? Between reading something on paper, and seeing in person in front of you. It's like the Holocaust. Reading about it, just doesn't leave a big enough impression. Seeing pictures of survivors? Of atrocities committed there? That leaves a far more potent impact that the written word. And for those who witnessed first hand? It will never leave them, no matter how much they might try. To have read about these things on paper, it just doesn't hit you as seeing it in person does. That beastmen were the spawn of Chaos, that they raped, pillaged, and murdered for the sake of their gods. That they would kidnap and sacrifice women, to sate the desires of monsters that don't even care whether they live or die. To see i something like that first hand? Hatred was too small a word.

I didn't even feel my arm move. One second I was yelling and the next ended with the shaman sporting a new hat. One that stuck out from between it's eye. Handle first. And from the looks of the beastmen surrounding the captured ladies, it was a fashion trend that was catching on. In a handful of minutes my brace of axes was empty. And a score of beastment that surrounded the kidnappies were dead. And soon the rest of these misbegotten bastards would join them. They will die. They Will Burn. THEY WILL FEEL THE FLAMES OF MY HATRED!

Well actually they are humans a combination of Norscan and Kurgan marauders from the far North but it isn’t much more pleasant or maybe it’s even worse.

Either way....

The shaman and the marauders guarding the women drop dead to the ground.  The chieftain leading the band jumps to his feet bellowing towards his followers who were either eating, drinking, or enjoying one of the women....yeah....

Anyway your blades flash with flames, the fury of your rage seeming to make them burn all the hotter as you throw yourself into the middle of the warband.  Although they try to fight back with all the ferocity of the tribes of the North, they fall before you like dried grass in a burning inferno.  Some of them going like that literally.  Your blades make giant arcs and wheels of flame as you swing them faster than any man could follow and where they go only death and destruction follow.  After what feels like an eternity but was actually only a few minutes, the Northmen are all dead.  Their corpses are mauled, burned or both to unrecognizability.  You’re left standing over another torched carcass, panting hard from the adrenaline unleashed in your fury, a mad light blazes in your eyes.  Your head snaps towards a sound, which you find to have come from several of the women lightly sobbing, whether from relief, exhaustion, terror of you, or any combination of the three is untellable right at the moment.

What do you do?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:56 am

Brian Boru wrote:Then he bids you farewell and the two of you are on your way.

Great.

Then you leave the castle and now is the question on how to get to Marienburg...along the road by the coast?  Through the forests?(where you’d have to go through Laurelorn forest proper and the fey there HAAAAAATEEEE humans there.  Or get passage on a ship to Marienburg (either of you have money?)

Well, I've got some gold, is 12 gold enough to buy passage for both of us? If not, going along the coast seems to be the best bet. What does my companion think?

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well actually they are humans a combination of Norscan and Kurgan marauders from the far North but it isn’t much more pleasant or maybe it’s even worse.

Either way....

The shaman and the marauders guarding the women drop dead to the ground. The chieftain leading the band jumps to his feet bellowing towards his followers who were either eating, drinking, or enjoying one of the women....yeah....

Anyway your blades flash with flames, the fury of your rage seeming to make them burn all the hotter as you throw yourself into the middle of the warband. Although they try to fight back with all the ferocity of the tribes of the North, they fall before you like dried grass in a burning inferno. Some of them going like that literally. Your blades make giant arcs and wheels of flame as you swing them faster than any man could follow and where they go only death and destruction follow. After what feels like an eternity but was actually only a few minutes, the Northmen are all dead. Their corpses are mauled, burned or both to unrecognizability. You’re left standing over another torched carcass, panting hard from the adrenaline unleashed in your fury, a mad light blazes in your eyes. Your head snaps towards a sound, which you find to have come from several of the women lightly sobbing, whether from relief, exhaustion, terror of you, or any combination of the three is untellable right at the moment.

What do you do?

"Well shit. Um, alright, uhh. Okay I know, I am known as Askeladd. And I am here at the behest of Baron Heintz of the Empire. Now, I know that after an introduction like that. It may be hard to swallow that I'm not a warrior of Chaos. But I swear that I am here to escort you all to the safety of the main army the Baron and his Kislev counterparts have assembled to deal with the main force of the scum that held you hostage."

Kindly, softly, with the most friendly nice air a man whose just committed wholesale slaughter can possess, I walk forward. Holding up my hands in a plaintive gesture, having already dropped my weapons, I slowly walk to the least visibly nervous female, and slowly begin to untie her. All the while saying whatever encouraging, supportive, gentle things that come to mind.

"Now miss, what is your name? It's a pleasure to meet you. Now I have to ask you to not run away screaming, or panic, or faint. Right now, I need you to be strong, all of your fellow women need you to remain strong. Here's what we need for you to do. Help me untie the rest of your compatriots. Keep them calm and keep them from doing anything rash. Just repeat what I told you, if you can't think of anything to calm them down."

From there, I move on to the next, repeating my message as many times as necessary. As soon as they're all untied, I pick up rune weapons, and retrieve my throwing axes. I then look for either a cart, a wagon, or a lot of rope. If there's a cart or wagon big enough, load the ladies on there. If I can neither find a cart or a wagon, but I do find rope. I will rip out some trees and tie them together to form a crude sled. Well two sleds. Load the ladies on the one, whatever valuables I can find on the other. Then start dragging them to the main army.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:16 am

Vargr Skarin

Looting the dead is a pretty big no no but he doesn’t comment on it. He’s too damn hungry to honestly care and HE wasn’t the one to scavenge like that so it’s alright to eat from the supplies. There, rules lawyering like that is how Bretonnian society runs.

Yeah. Thought it was something like that.

He agrees and the two of you shift further down the road towards your desitnation. You sleep like the dead and then you head on your way... (Skip to reaching Brionne?) Or some more events along the road?

Considering the distances involved I'm honestly surprised the trip has been this quiet. Also, I thought Brionne was where we'd started from?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:07 am

It is carnage utter complete and unholy carnage. The boulders, your bowling, and your fists cause horrific damage to the horde. Only the raw stubbornness and madness of the Khornate Graelings keep them going.

Then the stones stop and it seems for a short while that the horde has gained a reprieve, but then the stomping of dwarven boots and the rumble of their battle dirges rumble through the air and the dwarves slam into the battered and bloody chaos lines. Dwarven steel and dwarven bolts bite into twisted flesh and hell steel with ferocious abandon. Before long the Khornate forces finally break and the dregs of the army break and flee while the warriors either chase after or throw themselves on the axes of the sons of Grungi. The battle is won with relatively few casualties among your allies while you stand on a mountain of Graeling corpses.
Well with the battle won and our foes defeated this day, I help with the clear up of the dead and injured for our side. Before joining in the task of getting rid off all the enemy dead in pyres or other methods the dwarfs choose to use. An if questioned or asked why I'm helping out with this too, I'll simply answer that to do otherwise would be to leave a job only half way done. So I make sure that I stay until they are finished with these tasks, before I head back to see the rest of my clan and get ready for us to part once more. Though Before we leave, I make sure to see the Chief and Elders once more to wish them well and that I look forward to seeing them and enjoy dwarf hospitality again in the future.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:26 am

[quote]“And prevent any lunatics from either corrupting him or using him as a weapon against us.”

"Problem is we need a big named Sigmarite involved if only to throw off all claims that he's a puppet."

I pause and frown. "Think we can turn Hess? If we can get the self-declared Prophet of Sigmar to throw in behind us in the mission, we'd be almost politically untouchable in this."

I pause, "I'll also need some of the Order of the White Wolf, possibly even the Teutogen Guard to teach him how to properlly and someone able to school him in politics. He can't enter the political sphere a half-trained boy to be turned into a mouth piece for Sigmarite clerics to perpetuate their already overinflated authority."

“No doubt but it might work better if the Graf himself sent those.”

"Actually, I think it might be better if I did personally. Getting it from an imperial noble is one thing, the son of Ulric is another entirely..."

Alright the next day, after making sure that your maid is safely settled in the temple for the day, you head back to the Middenplatz.  When the guards see you they let you in without a single word.  You continue through the palace, the guards and servants not stopping you.  The secretary you met the day before bows his head and leads you into the throne room of the palace.  Sitting in a raised chair is the lord of Middenheim and Middenland, Boris Todbringer.  He’s an older man with black hair peppered with gray through his moustache and his hair.  His eyes are dark and hard. But his visage is of a man that has had the entire world fall on him.

He looks up at you, his eyes shadowed and hooded.  “Ah ...so you’re the one that nearly terrified my secretary the day before....So lad what was it that was so important that the old wolf seemed to be acting like a boy on his birthday?”

Eye. Singular...

Well,first I express my sympathy. Then I give him the letters and explain what we've decided to tell him.

I'd like to have access to his help to find, locate, and destroy the Beastlord.

He of course has my support... and I'm sorry to throw this at him in these dark times.

“Are you sure there is nothing wrong father?”

He looks at you. "It's not my place to say more than this, but what you are could remake the Empire."

“...for what?”

Wistful smile.

I would...also have I ever been paid for merc work?

You never asked. Wanna ask?

If any of the others know what their story is then I ask.  If not then I ask that the coach slow down so I can hop out and I can ask what’s wrong.  I’ll tell them that I can catch up.  Then I ask them what their story is.

Vile Greenskins burned their village and murdered their lifestock! They're been driven from thier homes!

They're moving on in hopes of getting away from the beasts!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:14 pm

"Well shit. Um, alright, uhh. Okay I know, I am known as Askeladd. And I am here at the behest of Baron Heintz of the Empire. Now, I know that after an introduction like that. It may be hard to swallow that I'm not a warrior of Chaos. But I swear that I am here to escort you all to the safety of the main army the Baron and his Kislev counterparts have assembled to deal with the main force of the scum that held you hostage."

Not many of them seem to believe you though you think one or two of them seem to think you might be legit.

Kindly, softly, with the most friendly nice air a man whose just committed wholesale slaughter can possess, I walk forward. Holding up my hands in a plaintive gesture, having already dropped my weapons, I slowly walk to the least visibly nervous female, and slowly begin to untie her. All the while saying whatever encouraging, supportive, gentle things that come to mind.

The least afraid one is an older but still pretty woman whose tattered clothing seems to have belonged to either minor nobility or a well off merchant. She accepts your offer of help and thanks you for helping you.

"Now miss, what is your name? It's a pleasure to meet you. Now I have to ask you to not run away screaming, or panic, or faint. Right now, I need you to be strong, all of your fellow women need you to remain strong. Here's what we need for you to do. Help me untie the rest of your compatriots. Keep them calm and keep them from doing anything rash. Just repeat what I told you, if you can't think of anything to calm them down."

She nods slowly and deliberately and turns to the women next to her and undoes their knots as well.  The untied women in turn untie their companions until within a few minutes the entire group has been freed, there are more than a few women hurt in more ways than one, either these were some desperate barbarians or these guys might have been on a Slaaneshi bend.

From there, I move on to the next, repeating my message as many times as necessary. As soon as they're all untied, I pick up rune weapons, and retrieve my throwing axes. I then look for either a cart, a wagon, or a lot of rope. If there's a cart or wagon big enough, load the ladies on there. If I can neither find a cart or a wagon, but I do find rope. I will rip out some trees and tie them together to form a crude sled. Well two sleds. Load the ladies on the one, whatever valuables I can find on the other. Then start dragging them to the main army.

Despite looking around, you’re forced to do the sled technique, the more able women helping tying knots.  You help the women on one while on the other is a seeming trove of goods stolen for towns, villages, and the occasional temple.  Then making a rough harness out of the rope, you begin hauling both sledges along.  The ride is more than a little rough but none of the women complain as they are heading home and away from those brutes.  

You enter camp with two sledges one with forty pretty women on it and the other with at least 300 gold crowns of stolen goods tied down on it.

The army, having dealt with the two western bands stare in amazed shock, which then erupts into cheering.  “Askeladd!  Askeladd!”  When you reach Baron Heintz along with the two Kislevites they openly stare at your casual show of strength.  Then Heintz and the older lord smile like loons and congratulate you on your successes, both of them promising to reward you for your efforts and the Kislevite lord making sounds of hiring you on once your deal with Heintz is over.  The lady herself isn’t quite as exuberant, but she does seem very impressed and very pleased with your actions.

After one more sweep and finding nothing, the army disbands and the lords return to their respective homes.  Heintz and the Kislev lord reward your efforts with a gift of 50 gold crowns while the lady promises that all of Kislev, from the lowest hovel to the court of the Ice Queen herself will hear of your endeavours.

A few days after you return to castle Heintz a message comes in from the provincial capital.  It seems that the elector count is VERY interested in meeting you and invites you to visit his home in the capital.

Yeah. Thought it was something like that.

Heh

Considering the distances involved I'm honestly surprised the trip has been this quiet. Also, I thought Brionne was where we'd started from?

Well the capital of a Bretonnian duchy often shares the name of the  duchy itself.  Artois castle being one of the few exceptions.

Well with the battle won and our foes defeated this day, I help with the clear up of the dead and injured for our side. Before joining in the task of getting rid off all the enemy dead in pyres or other methods the dwarfs choose to use. An if questioned or asked why I'm helping out with this too, I'll simply answer that to do otherwise would be to leave a job only half way done. So I make sure that I stay until they are finished with these tasks, before I head back to see the rest of my clan and get ready for us to part once more. Though Before we leave, I make sure to see the Chief and Elders once more to wish them well and that I look forward to seeing them and enjoy dwarf hospitality again in the future.    

They don’t question, they just get on with their work and guide you to where your strength can be used to the best effect.

The elders and the Thane of the hold thank you for your aid, if you hadn’t then there would have been many more lives lost then there were.

Then you head out the men of the caravan in silent awe of what you’ve accomplished.  And as you continue on, you learn that your story has spread like wildfire through the Bjornling lands.  When you make it back to your homestead, you find that there are several families, as well as a few unattached young men offering join under your banner whatever it might be.

As for the gifts, all of your recipients appreciate them greatly.  When Kenna receives her armor and weapons she stares at them in silent wonder then promptly gives you a kiss that makes your ears glow.

Jarl Ingvar meets with you and when you tell him about your actions at the hold is duly impressed at what you’ve done.  He also tells you that the Jarls of the Bjornlings have begun returning his messages and that in a months time they would gather at Olric’s stone to discuss what is to be done.

"Problem is we need a big named Sigmarite involved if only to throw off all claims that he's a puppet."

I pause and frown. "Think we can turn Hess? If we can get the self-declared Prophet of Sigmar to throw in behind us in the mission, we'd be almost politically untouchable in this."

I pause, "I'll also need some of the Order of the White Wolf, possibly even the Teutogen Guard to teach him how to properly and someone able to school him in politics. He can't enter the political sphere a half-trained boy to be turned into a mouthpiece for Sigmarite clerics to perpetuate their already over inflated authority."

“It might be possible, if you warm up to this Valten lad then Huss, if he is truly loyal to Sigmar, will follow along...if he’s just a rabble rouser or a nut then we’ll have to deal with him.”

He grins, “The men from our new little order might be perfect for this job.  Even Gunner might be useful for once, he might be a pompous glory addled sycophant but he knows political maneuvering better than anyone I know.”

"Actually, I think it might be better if I did personally. Getting it from an imperial noble is one thing, the son of Ulric is another entirely..."

“Then we would have to announce you....damn how to do that...well the best time would be to do so at the Winter Solstice on Hochwinter, Ulric’s most important day...but that’s months away.  End Campaign (Autumn Equinox) would be sooner but it wouldn’t have the same portents as Hochwinter would...” he looks to you.. “What do you think lad?”

Considering your earlier experiences this might apply to you

Eye. Singular...

Oops

Well,first I express my sympathy. Then I give him the letters and explain what we've decided to tell him.

He reads them over, several times in fact, disbelief obvious on his face but when he looks up back at you, there isn’t a hint of disdain on it.  “If I didn’t know that the Ar-Ulric wasn’t a raving lunatic I would have thought him as such, the way he rants and raves about you.  But tell me what do you think you are?”

I'd like to have access to his help to find, locate, and destroy the Beastlord.

However you answer, he’s already convinced and decides to show you the general location of the old goat that took his eye all those ages ago.  According to the most recent reports, he’s somewhere in the Drakwald near the border of Nordland.  His herd is huge.  At least 40,000 strong and there has been talk of chaos giants appearing among them though Boris doesn’t believe those as Khazrak prefers faster maneuvers and giants are bit too loud and clunky for his normal strategies.

He looks to you, “If you really CAN do what you and the others say you can then you have my support and blessing.  Also the reward, best 10,000 crowns I will ever spend if you can bring that one eyed bastard in.”

He asks what you’ll need to hunt him down.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: Unknown
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr

He looks at you. "It's not my place to say more than this, but what you are could remake the Empire."

I stare at him flatly and give him a flat, “what”

Wistful smile.

I raise an eyebrow but shrug and go on my way bidding them a good day.

You never asked. Wanna ask?

I would prefer to yes...I’d rather not depend solely on what someone hands me.

Vile Greenskins burned their village and murdered their lifestock! They've been driven from their homes!

They're moving on in hopes of getting away from the beasts!
[/quote]

I frown at their story, it’s one thing to hear about these things from a book or a game, another to see this sort of misery first hand.  “Well that won’t do at all...Do any of you fine folk have any idea where they might be right now.”

If they point in a direction or give their likely location then I turn to my companions and say, “Sorry have to deal with this I’ll catch up to you down the road.”  Then I sprint down the road, at top speed for all my worth while trying to see if I can spot any sign of the overgrown boogers.

Once I do I’ll follow the trail until I either find their camp or the band on the march.  Once I find them I’ll open the party with a thrown boulder just slightly taller than me, then I leap high into the air and dive bomb them while screaming, “BANZAI MUTHERFUKKAS!”

Then I start killing shit.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Vargr Skarin

Well the capital of a Bretonnian duchy often shares the name of the duchy itself. Artois castle being one of the few exceptions.

Well then, this little interruption aside we'll continue on our way.

*insert Legendary Journeys travel montage, only with more forest*

As we travel, I'll mine Mort's head for general information about Bretonnia and how the current political landscape looks (even if only locally) according to his understanding. If he asks why, I'll reply that as much as I could probably just live off the land a certain amount of funds is required for the finer things in life, and someone looking like me is more likely to get a job as a mercenary than as, say, a cook. Knowing the lay of the land is a bit critical in deciding where to look for that particular kind of work.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Name:
Cameron the Wanderer

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Faction:
Clan Bjornlings

Leader:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer

Huscarls/House Guard

Wealth:
1190 GP in loot/coin

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Journeymen Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People:
Men: 10
Women: 5
Children: 5
Total: 20

Army:
Bondsmen: 10
Total: 10

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

The elders and the Thane of the hold thank you for your aid, if you hadn’t then there would have been many more lives lost then there were.
Well I glad to have helped where I could and hoped that with that display of power, I might also given then more hope in our chances of stopping the tide of chaos that is coming for us all.

Then you head out the men of the caravan in silent awe of what you’ve accomplished.  And as you continue on, you learn that your story has spread like wildfire through the Bjornling lands.  When you make it back to your homestead, you find that there are several families, as well as a few unattached young men offering join under your banner whatever it might be.
Well for now those that show interest in joining my banner I'll accept, though I'll take sometime to get to know the people a little so I know what to expect and expect the gear of those that would fight with me so I now if I might need to get better gear for them later.

As for the gifts, all of your recipients appreciate them greatly.  When Kenna receives her armor and weapons she stares at them in silent wonder then promptly gives you a kiss that makes your ears glow.
Well I'm glad everyone enjoyed them. Though with Kenna's display, I make sure to match her intensity. Since I can't be the only one swiped up in a kiss.

Jarl Ingvar meets with you and when you tell him about your actions at the hold is duly impressed at what you’ve done.  He also tells you that the Jarls of the Bjornlings have begun returning his messages and that in a months time they would gather at Olric’s stone to discuss what is to be done.
Thanking the Jarl for new info and the date of our meeting now set in stone, I wish him good day head back to my home. An for the next month I continue to train with the shield maidens and Renee from time to time so as keep the bonds strong that I started there, while also making sure to help where I can. Though most of my training time will be used up with my new men, finding out how strong and skilled they are, what fields do the work best in, getting to know them better, finding out there experience and just over all trying to get used to fighting with them. I'll also see Oleg again, though this time with Urist and have them work together in figuring out how to better improve my holding defenses other things, while also hiring Oleg again to help me build homes for my new people.

An for the rest of my time, I'll visit Tregyv to hang out and just be friends, while also seeing how things with him and the twins are going, do my duty for the Jarl and send time getting to know and get comfortable with Kenna and she with me, though I'll make sure to do this though hunting with her in the wilds, training with her and just spending time with her in my home.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Reposting since you missed me.

Brian Boru wrote:Then he bids you farewell and the two of you are on your way.

Great.

Well, I've got some gold, is 12 gold enough to buy passage for both of us? If not, going along the coast seems to be the best bet. What does my companion think?

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Coin: 50 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

Brian Boru wrote:Not many of them seem to believe you though you think one or two of them seem to think you might be legit.
It's pretty hard to believe. Can't really blame them for that.

The least afraid one is an older but still pretty woman whose tattered clothing seems to have belonged to either minor nobility or a well off merchant. She accepts your offer of help and thanks you for helping you.

She nods slowly and deliberately and turns to the women next to her and undoes their knots as well.  The untied women in turn untie their companions until within a few minutes the entire group has been freed, there are more than a few women hurt in more ways than one, either these were some desperate barbarians or these guys might have been on a Slaaneshi bend.
Well hopefully they enjoyed the sensation of burning alive. Bastards. You know, I think I might need to invest in a healing kit. That would be pretty handy right about now.

Despite looking around, you’re forced to do the sled technique, the more able women helping tying knots.  You help the women on one while on the other is a seeming trove of goods stolen for towns, villages, and the occasional temple.  Then making a rough harness out of the rope, you begin hauling both sledges along.  The ride is more than a little rough but none of the women complain as they are heading home and away from those brutes.  

You enter camp with two sledges one with forty pretty women on it and the other with at least 300 gold crowns of stolen goods tied down on it.

The army, having dealt with the two western bands stare in amazed shock, which then erupts into cheering.  “Askeladd!  Askeladd!”  When you reach Baron Heintz along with the two Kislevites they openly stare at your casual show of strength.  Then Heintz and the older lord smile like loons and congratulate you on your successes, both of them promising to reward you for your efforts and the Kislevite lord making sounds of hiring you on once your deal with Heintz is over.  The lady herself isn’t quite as exuberant, but she does seem very impressed and very pleased with your actions.

After one more sweep and finding nothing, the army disbands and the lords return to their respective homes.  Heintz and the Kislev lord reward your efforts with a gift of 50 gold crowns while the lady promises that all of Kislev, from the lowest hovel to the court of the Ice Queen herself will hear of your endeavours.
Sweet, that ought to give the old reputation a boost. Not to mention it might help when the Storm breaks. Having a good reputation to back up your warnings of doom, is always a plus.

I thank both my patron and the other nobles for the largess. It's a pity I couldn't hit the second band that went east, but injured and all that.
A few days after you return to castle Heintz a message comes in from the provincial capital.  It seems that the elector count is VERY interested in meeting you and invites you to visit his home in the capital.
Oh boy, that bodes. I don't know what it bodes, but it bodes all right. Hmm, well, first off seeing as I am currently sworn to Baron Heintz, I'll ask him what he would like me to do. If he says go, I go.

But before that, spend some of those crowns on assembling a healer's pack. Bandages, needles and thread, gauze, alcohol, and the like. Also, get Piet some better equipment. A steel sword, shield, armor, and his choice of pole-arm. And a pair of steel bracers and greaves for me. Just in case this goes badly.

After that, pack up some food, grab Piet and the wolves, and go see the Elector Count of Ostland.

Last edited by bzzt3421 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more detail)

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:06 am

“It might be possible, if you warm up to this Valten lad then Huss, if he is truly loyal to Sigmar, will follow along...if he’s just a rabble rouser or a nut then we’ll have to deal with him.”

"Dealing with him will be difficult - he is very popular. Still I do believe that if we play to his loyalty and fails he may be a powerful ally. After all, if we can get a well online zealot to attest to the commander and loyalty shared between Ulric and Sigmar then it will be very hard to deny."

He grins, “The men from our new little order might be perfect for this job. Even Gunner might be useful for once, he might be a pompous glory addled sycophant but he knows political maneuvering better than anyone I know.”

"Great. I think I'll be needing some of those lessons as well."

Then we would have to announce you....damn how to do that...well the best time would be to do so at the Winter Solstice on Hochwinter, Ulric’s most important day...but that’s months away. End Campaign (Autumn Equinox) would be sooner but it wouldn’t have the same portents as Hochwinter would...” he looks to you.. “What do you think lad?”

Considering your earlier experiences this might apply to you

"Lets wait then.. And the time will allow me to perform some of my agenda to build up my capitol base and establish personal allies."

He reads them over, several times in fact, disbelief obvious on his face but when he looks up back at you, there isn’t a hint of disdain on it. “If I didn’t know that the Ar-Ulric wasn’t a raving lunatic I would have thought him as such, the way he rants and raves about you. But tell me what do you think you are?”

"I know what I am," I reply, "But Ur-Ulric and I have decided to wait until the Hochwinter to announce it. I have no desire to deny your request but we decided it would be best for me to follow his lead on this. I am sure he will brief you in good order, m'lord."

However you answer, he’s already convinced and decides to show you the general location of the old goat that took his eye all those ages ago. According to the most recent reports, he’s somewhere in the Drakwald near the border of Nordland. His herd is huge. At least 40,000 strong and there has been talk of chaos giants appearing among them though Boris doesn’t believe those as Khazrak prefers faster maneuvers and giants are bit too loud and clunky for his normal strategies.

I grin like a maniac and mutter, "How the hell am I going to bring in that many heads?"

He looks to you, “If you really CAN do what you and the others say you can then you have my support and blessing. Also the reward, best 10,000 crowns I will ever spend if you can bring that one eyed bastard in.”

He asks what you’ll need to hunt him down.

"I'll need scouts to help me pin them down and then enough carts, an expert on beastmen, and drivers to bring in fourth thousand beastman heads..."

I stare at him flatly and give him a flat, “what”

He simply smiles.

I would prefer to yes...I’d rather not depend solely on what someone hands me.

How much do you want?

I frown at their story, it’s one thing to hear about these things from a book or a game, another to see this sort of misery first hand.  “Well that won’t do at all...Do any of you fine folk have any idea where they might be right now.”

If they point in a direction or give their likely location then I turn to my companions and say, “Sorry have to deal with this I’ll catch up to you down the road.”  Then I sprint down the road, at top speed for all my worth while trying to see if I can spot any sign of the overgrown boogers.

Well, its been several days. You managed to run to the town after about 20 minutes... what you find is... horrifying.

You find the bodies, or rather whats left.

They had a barbeque.

Once I do I’ll follow the trail until I either find their camp or the band on the march.  Once I find them I’ll open the party with a thrown boulder just slightly taller than me, then I leap high into the air and dive bomb them while screaming, “BANZAI MUTHERFUKKAS!”
Roll d100

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:04 am

Well then, this little interruption aside we'll continue on our way.

Alright

*insert Legendary Journeys travel montage, only with more forest*

Heh heh

As we travel, I'll mine Mort's head for general information about Bretonnia and how the current political landscape looks (even if only locally) according to his understanding. If he asks why, I'll reply that as much as I could probably just live off the land a certain amount of funds is required for the finer things in life, and someone looking like me is more likely to get a job as a mercenary than as, say, a cook. Knowing the lay of the land is a bit critical in deciding where to look for that particular kind of work.

Well first thing’s first other than Carcassone none of the duchies of Bretonnia like to hire mercenaries in any shape or form.  Even in Carcassone they hire them as shepherds, they officially pay them a pittance and pay for the rest by ‘accidentally’ dropping the rest of the money in front of them.  BUT hiring retainers of one sort or another is perfectly alright.  So long as the letter is obeyed and not too many waves are splashed then everything is hunky-dory (not his exact words)

As for local politics well the Duke of Brionne is a popular fellow, a ferocious wild man in the battlefield, but he is a poet and singer of some skill and a handsome devil as well.  When the man is in a singing mood well the others of Brionne Castle have to sit on their thumbs and wait until there a war before they even have a chance of courting a lady.

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron the Wanderer

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Faction:
Clan Bjornlings

Leader:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer

Huscarls/House Guard

Wealth:
1190 GP in loot/coin

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Journeymen Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People:
Men: 10
Women: 5
Children: 5
Total: 20

Army:
Bondsmen: 10
Total: 10

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

Well I glad to have helped where I could and hoped that with that display of power, I might also given then more hope in our chances of stopping the tide of chaos that is coming for us all.

Indeed.

Well for now those that show interest in joining my banner I'll accept, though I'll take sometime to get to know the people a little so I know what to expect and expect the gear of those that would fight with me so I now if I might need to get better gear for them later.

Most of them of fishermen or whalers though one was a lumberjack before he came to the coastline.  They are also mostly armed with either spears or axes and had leather armor of one sort or another.

Well I'm glad everyone enjoyed them. Though with Kenna's display, I make sure to match her intensity. Since I can't be the only one swiped up in a kiss.

It’s a niceun

Thanking the Jarl for new info and the date of our meeting now set in stone, I wish him good day head back to my home. An for the next month I continue to train with the shield maidens and Renee from time to time so as keep the bonds strong that I started there, while also making sure to help where I can. Though most of my training time will be used up with my new men, finding out how strong and skilled they are, what fields do the work best in, getting to know them better, finding out there experience and just over all trying to get used to fighting with them. I'll also see Oleg again, though this time with Urist and have them work together in figuring out how to better improve my holding defenses other things, while also hiring Oleg again to help me build homes for my new people.

Renee and the other women seem to enjoy your company when you come by and while Renee still seems more than a bit wistful, she seems to have accepted things as is.  The unattached men of your hold seem more than a little interested in her though none of them seem dumb enough to try hitting on their boss’s girl.  Even IF you aren’t marrying her.  

Homes are set up with relative ease and another 40 gc for the construction work.

What did you have planned for the holding?

An for the rest of my time, I'll visit Tregyv to hang out and just be friends, while also seeing how things with him and the twins are going, do my duty for the Jarl and send time getting to know and get comfortable with Kenna and she with me, though I'll make sure to do this though hunting with her in the wilds, training with her and just spending time with her in my home.

It seems he and the twins are doing rather well to be perfectly honest.  

Kenna has also begun to go between the maiden’s hall and yours often staying for several days before going back, officially she is supposed to stay in the maidens' hall until you actually propose to her and tie the knot.  Once you returned, you assumed full huscarl duties though with peacetime still on, it isn't as bad as it could be.  

She enjoys hunting with you though to get the full experience she's taken to riding on your shoulders as you run down deer or auroch along the fjords or elsewhere.  Using you as a platform and a mount while she hurls a spear or fires an arrow.  Frankly she has the time of her life.  And what you do elsewhere is fun...as well...heh heh...

A few weeks later, you get the message that the Jarl is heading to Olric's Stone in a couple of days and that you'll be coming along as well.  Anything or anyone you wish to bring?

Aceraptor wrote:Reposting since you missed me.

She'll take the ship, it's the quickest way and doesn't involve having to fight her home to keep you alive.  As for ship's passage, well you have two options.  One is a pretty high class merchant vessal that'll take the two of you Marienburg in style for 10 silver shillings, (note coinage is 1gc=20ss and 1ss=12sp  1sp=4cf)  or you could take a rickety older ship for 3  pennies.

Coin: 50 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

Well hopefully they enjoyed the sensation of burning alive. Bastards. You know, I think I might need to invest in a healing kit. That would be pretty handy right about now.

You might be able to find something in camp for about 5 silver.

Sweet, that ought to give the old reputation a boost. Not to mention it might help when the Storm breaks. Having a good reputation to back up your warnings of doom, is always a plus.

I thank both my patron and the other nobles for the largess. It's a pity I couldn't hit the second band that went east, but injured and all that.

Eh there were only twenty of them, they'll send a few pistoleers after them later.

Oh boy, that bodes. I don't know what it bodes, but it bodes all right. Hmm, well, first off seeing as I am currently sworn to Baron Heintz, I'll ask him what he would like me to do. If he says go, I go.

He says you should go, the Elector Count is his direct lord and so he's bound to obey him which means making sure you go.

But before that, spend some of those crowns on assembling a healer's pack. Bandages, needles and thread, gauze, alcohol, and the like. Also, get Piet some better equipment. A steel sword, shield, armor, and his choice of pole-arm. And a pair of steel bracers and greaves for me. Just in case this goes badly.

Well Piet's all of 10 so you might want to hold off the armor for right now.  Though a good dagger wouldn't be out of place for his self defense.  Which would cost you for a quality knife about a shilling.

After that, pack up some food, grab Piet and the wolves, and go see the Elector Count of Ostland.

On you ride to Wolfenburg.  On the ride there you run into shockingly little trouble.  Once you reach Wolfenburg when you show your summons from the Count the guards let you in without trouble.  Is there anything you wish to do while in the walled city of Wolfenburg before you see von Raukov?

"Dealing with him will be difficult - he is very popular. Still I do believe that if we play to his loyalty and fails he may be a powerful ally. After all, if we can get a well online zealot to attest to the commander and loyalty shared between Ulric and Sigmar then it will be very hard to deny."

“Very true, I'd rather have him on our side than against us, we will need all the aid we can in the coming days ahead.”

"Great. I think I'll be needing some of those lessons as well."

He'll be sure to give lessons once the opportunity arises.

"Lets wait then.. And the time will allow me to perform some of my agenda to build up my capitol base and establish personal allies."

“Then Hochwinter it will be.”

"I know what I am," I reply, "But Ur-Ulric and I have decided to wait until the Hochwinter to announce it. I have no desire to deny your request but we decided it would be best for me to follow his lead on this. I am sure he will brief you in good order, m'lord."

He nods, “Wise of the old wolf.  So according to von Uder, you have the strength of an entire army...might I see a sign of this?  Just to satisfy my curiosity.  Whatever you think would impress me lad...”

I grin like a maniac and mutter, "How the hell am I going to bring in that many heads?"

He gives you a funny look, “Either you're insane or you really are as good as you claim you say you are if you think you can claim the bounty on that many heads.”

"I'll need scouts to help me pin them down and then enough carts, an expert on beastmen, and drivers to bring in fourth thousand beastman heads..."

“And you shall have them.  Though that would be at least 100 carts maybe more, the smell ...whoof...would you at least keep them outside the walls...and keep them so the wind doesn't kill everyone in the city?”

Anything you do before you head out?  Check in on your maid?  Find a permanent place of residence?  Anything?

Then off you head out eventually, likely the oddest procession out of the city seen in a long while.  People stare but none of the drivers say a word.  Sworn to secrecy and all that.  Also with you are 4 of Todbringer's best scouts.

He simply smiles.

I give him a suspecting look but I shrug and let it go.  It's trivial

How much do you want?

How's a gold crown a week x however long I was there sound?  That's double the pay of a merc.  Plus what 6 crowns for the 300 or so zombies I killed?  A crown for every 50 I killed sounds fair right?  Or am I lowballing?

Well, its been several days. You managed to run to the town after about 20 minutes... what you find is... horrifying.

You find the bodies, or rather whats left.

They had a barbeque.

My skin flushes, my eyes dilate, my limbs quiver, my teeth chatter, and my hands clench hard...very...very hard...

It's one thing to read about atrocities or see a documentary...it's another to stand in the middle of one...  I will KILL these bastards.  Looking for the trail, I howl at the top of my lungs, likely more wolflike than I'd ever howled before, and then I thunder off in the direction the greenskins went once I find it.

Roll d100

What does this get me?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:04 am

The member 'Brian Boru' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 8

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next