Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by afterthought53 Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:28 am

Name: Visorex Skarin
Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
Money: 294 Gold, 1 silver, 2 copper

Army: 2 heavy Infantry, 2 Archers
Assets: 2 Riding Horse

Peasants Population: 15 families
Men: 20
Women: 19
Children: 46

She would love to write letters and if she can convince her father would like to have you visit her home the first chance you get.
I tell that I look forward to her letters and that I would love to visit some time in the future, Lady willing, then bid her goodbye.

More he was sweet talking the skirts off of every at least vaguely attractive peasant girl here. Or at least trying to.

They DO appreciate the drinks though.
Ah well, you win some, you lose some buddy. Its good that he's not afraid of rejection and I'll tell him to keep at it, its all a numbers game.

“We might have some slight trouble. My fellow archer was scouting out a bit further than normal and he happened to spot a band of goblins coming our way. A good 300 of the little bastards.”

Again numbers though a few of them do have bows though they’re nothing compared to your boys.
The numbers are understandable, I'll just have to pull double time myself until we can get some more people.

Upon hearing about the the little green menace, I'll call my four men and any peasant who has a bow and can shoot it to muster at the fort. Once everyone is assembled, I'll tell them the battle plan. "Listen up men, we have a band goblins who have decided they want to die today. They'll be coming through the mouth of the pass and we're going to head them off before they can get further down the valley and annoy the women and children. The plan is thus, I will be waiting 200 meters ahead of the fort for their merry little band. You will be holed up here in the fort to kill any that might slip past me. The archers will be reigning arrows down on them as soon as they're in range. Luis and Pepin, your job is to guard the archers from any goblins that may try to climb the walls. After explaining everyone's roles in the coming battle, I'll tell them all to get into position while I move 200 meters ahead of the fort to await the goblins.

When the goblin band come within shouting distance, I'll issue a loud roar of challenge at them. They'll likely see one guy in their way and charge, where upon I will charge at their center and try to identify their leader. After identifying their leader, I will carve my way through the goblin band to him as they'll likely break with the death of so many of their fellows and their leader. During the entire battle, I will be using my fire runes on both my weapons to begin my legend as the Pheonix Knight.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by bzzt3421 Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 35 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Comrades: Piet(ten year old), three giant wolves(two females, one male)
Brian Boru wrote:Well you didn’t have much luck finding any wolves or farms, but you did find a pack of large, angry and excited Slaneeshi Minotaurs....
"Well this is awkward. I don't suppose any of you seen any wolves? How about a glade filled with skulls governed by a warrior of Khorne? Is that a no? Or are you just trying to kill me? Fine, if that's how it's going to be, why don't I show you fools the last great experience. Death."

Having had enough of this and the useless search, I lay into them like scythe through wheat. No mercy, no showboating, no emotions. Just cool, calm, efficiency. And ice. A lot of ice. Needed to test out that third element sooner or later, right? What better way to kill a worshiper of Slaneesh, then the frozen sensation of numbness?

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 61 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Huh, didn't go as bad as I thought, though, his credibility may not be that good.

Yup....

This next merchant, who specializes in grains, doesn’t take well to you...When the door opens there’s at least six riflemen armed and ready to fire.

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

I'm going to be properly paranoid and give the rooms a once-over, checking for any hints of concealed doorways or spy holes.

Looking around you don’t really spot anything.

After that ... well ... cold streams and rivers/lakes have nothing on a proper hot bath. Call on whatever servant is assigned to my rooms or the guest suites in general to draw me one.

A serving girl brings in some hot water later on.  

Otherwise, head back to the library and continue with perusing the historical account until dinner. I think I can afford myself today to relax and get the measure of things before starting to poke around.

You continue to read the book with relative enjoyment for a while and yes there is plenty of references to Arthurian legend.  If you hadn’t known this was a real and very serious historical book, you’d have thought this was some King Arthur knockoff novel.

You head down to dinner that night and see that you have a seat near the edge of the high table.  Sitting near you is an actual prophetess of the lady. Her eyes zero in on you like a hawk that just spotted a rabbit.

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 7 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 900 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,210

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 900
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200
Total: 900

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

After being able to lay eyes of the mighty wolves, I say a quick prayer in thanks to Olric. As no matter how things end here, this is a mighty gift.

Or godawful pain...

Good, having a Alpha that has this much backbone in the presence of such a larger foe. Fills with me respect for the wolf, as I know it to be smart enough to know how much more powerfully then I am of it and makes my want for my pack all the more greater.

Heh

Good, it is now mine. An with it the pack is as well. So I look over then and have them raise once more as my pack and then face the heavens with them and just howl, howling to finish my placement in there new order, howling to show my respect for their power and Beauty and howling to show my thanks to Olric once more this time in honor of his wolf aspect since I already gave thanks to his human side.

The wolves are silent for a moment, then they howl with you.  The rest of your company is starting to wigout

Then finishing my howl, I turn back to my wife and men and see the stares and just give them all a wolfish grin and raise a hand to them and scream. "My Queen! My people! Truly Olric is with us in our coming tasks! As is there no greater show of his grace then to have his heralds of this great land, the wolves of winter come to us and have them join in our cause and people?!

So For Olric! For a clean Norsca! An For the true Norscans! For we are the Blade of Olric and will we be the ones to strike out the 4 from our homes!"

They bellow out cheers themselves once what you tell them sinks in.

An with that we continue home, though now in greater spirits. Though for the rest of the time we head back I bond with the wolves with Kenna and make sure to show them that my men are pack and my wife my mate.

They get the picture quickly enough though there ARE a few close calls at first.

When you return home with the wolves people ARE properly wigged out by the colossal wolves trotting along with you.  Though people DO get excited enough once the connotations of the wolves sink in.  

What do you do for the next month before the muster?

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 10157g 16s (10,000 more owed)

Enraged ogre attacks human, gets his ass wooped. News at 11.

Heh heh, and technically true no matter what you imply.

Closer. They tend to be 9-12 ft tall

Ah right.

I nod. "Alright..." I glance to Frieda. "Start a cook fire... make that two. One really big, and one for the rest of us well downwind..."

She blanches a bit, but she nods and gets to work.

I clap him on the shoulder. "Well done, lad."

He chuckles nervously.

We get a proper meal.

The Ogres are told that the Trolls are all theirs and there's a roaring fire waiting to roast them.

They dig into the beasts with gusto that is frankly stomach turning.

So on into the mountains you go, where do you wish to head for?  East through the mountains?  Or south into the border Princes?

Either way another d100 for what you run into through the mountains.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 29 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.

Fine.

Okay. The Gold Wizard is going with you. He's going to be waiting for his contact to show up.

So you really wanna stop off in altdorf?

When you put it that way...no let’s skip Alfdorf...seems like a silly place anyway...  I read my books and wait for something exciting to happen...other than my nights with Cosmina...

Just in case.  

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin

I tell that I look forward to her letters and that I would love to visit some time in the future, Lady willing, then bid her goodbye.

Than she bids you good-bye, good luck, and the Lady’s blessing be on you.

Ah well, you win some, you lose some buddy. Its good that he's not afraid of rejection and I'll tell him to keep at it, its all a numbers game.

Who said he only lost?

The numbers are understandable, I'll just have to pull double time myself until we can get some more people.

Noted.

Upon hearing about the the little green menace, I'll call my four men and any peasant who has a bow and can shoot it to muster at the fort. Once everyone is assembled, I'll tell them the battle plan. "Listen up men, we have a band goblins who have decided they want to die today. They'll be coming through the mouth of the pass and we're going to head them off before they can get further down the valley and annoy the women and children. The plan is thus, I will be waiting 200 meters ahead of the fort for their merry little band. You will be holed up here in the fort to kill any that might slip past me. The archers will be reigning arrows down on them as soon as they're in range. Luis and Pepin, your job is to guard the archers from any goblins that may try to climb the walls.  After explaining everyone's roles in the coming battle, I'll tell them all to get into position while I move 200 meters ahead of the fort to await the goblins.

You learn that there are six others that have bows and can shoot them with relative skill, the other men weren’t quite so lucky when it came to inheriting poppa’s bow.  Louis, or was is Peppin, promises that they will guard the archers with their lives.  The other men acknowledge their order and get into position.

When the goblin band come within shouting distance, I'll issue a loud roar of challenge at them. They'll likely see one guy in their way and charge, where upon I will charge at their center and try to identify their leader. After identifying their leader, I will carve my way through the goblin band to him as they'll likely break with the death of so many of their fellows and their leader. During the entire battle, I will be using my fire runes on both my weapons to begin my legend as the Pheonix Knight.

The goblins don’t know what hit them, one minute they’re shrieking down the mountain, heading for the kill, the next they begin to die in droves.  You charge your way through them, your blades leaving nothing but burnt chunks behind.  A few goblins, preferring their luck against the walls rather than you, try to clamber up it.  They fail, the twins wreak havoc on the climbing goblins while the archers riddle them with arrows.  In a matter of minutes the fight is over and a handful of goblins make a break back into the mountains proper.

What now?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:30 pm

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.

"Well this is awkward. I don't suppose any of you seen any wolves? How about a glade filled with skulls governed by a warrior of Khorne? Is that a no? Or are you just trying to kill me? Fine, if that's how it's going to be, why don't I show you fools the last great experience. Death."

Having had enough of this and the useless search, I lay into them like scythe through wheat. No mercy, no showboating, no emotions. Just cool, calm, efficiency. And ice. A lot of ice. Needed to test out that third element sooner or later, right? What better way to kill a worshiper of Slaneesh, then the frozen sensation of numbness?

They die, and they die horribly, the rest of your group, even the wolves, look nauseous as you carve through the moaning and you think even 'happy' bunch of perverse bull men.

Once they're dead the others burn the corpses and jump into a river to get that unclean sensation off of them...

Want to keep looking for wolves and farmers? Or head back.

If the former roll 2d100, if the later you'll have to argue your case.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

They get the picture quickly enough though there ARE a few close calls at first.

When you return home with the wolves people ARE properly wigged out by the colossal wolves trotting along with you.  Though people DO get excited enough once the connotations of the wolves sink in.
Well then it is good to know that issue got nipped in the bud fast. Through I'm mostly glad my people took so quickly to them and them to my people. As with my plans for them both later, having them being able to work together will be a most.  

What do you do for the next month before the muster?
An so for the next month my time is spent in one of a few ways, as I'm either helping with the continued building effort, training with my men, spending time with my people, wife and friends or hunting with my pack to further bond with them and see if I can find other wolves of worth to join them.

Though I also send words to the dwarfs again, asking for the skills of some of there miners. As knowing of our lands rich resources of ore and stone, but knowing that most of my people do not know of the trade. I hire on the miners to survey our surrounding lands/holdings and marking down where good veins of orc or stone is located. So we can know where to build mines or quarries later and to harvest those resources.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor

Brian Boru wrote:This next merchant, who specializes in grains, doesn’t take well to you...When the door opens there’s at least six riflemen armed and ready to fire.

Well, time to use my superior speed to hit the riflemen. Bare handed, I'll get to them, while remaining in their line of fire so that they can only shoot at me, and knock them all out. Getting shot will likely hurt, but eh, I should be able to take a shot or two. Anyways, rush in amongst them and knock em all out. Shock and awe.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Name: Not Yet Chosen

Heh heh, and technically true no matter what you imply.

I know.

She blanches a bit, but she nods and gets to work.

*deadpan* "I know."

He chuckles nervously.

"Only gets more difficult from here!"

They dig into the beasts with gusto that is frankly stomach turning.

Down wind and out of sight.

So on into the mountains you go, where do you wish to head for?  East through the mountains?  Or south into the border Princes?

We're going to Evermountain to see the Dwarf King, but first we're doing a side quest...

In Blackfire Pass there is a hidden shrine to sigmar that dates for the very dawn of the Empire that will set us on an epic quest... which I believe will suit Valten's place well.

When the Sigmar left the empire he took his hammer with him. Which leaves the question... how does the emperor have Ghal-Maraz? I believe it's not the TRUE hammer and have had visions on how to find the true Ghal-Maraz.

Right now we're looking for broken pillars down about a third the way down Blackfire Pass. They've been broken and defaced but they mark a side pass. I intend to not only find the shrine, but repair the pillars as a sign of thank to the Mangod.

Either way another d100 for what you run into through the mountains.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

When you put it that way...no let’s skip Alfdorf...seems like a silly place anyway...  I read my books and wait for something exciting to happen...other than my nights with Cosmina...

Just in case.

You actually make it to middenherim without any other major problems... well, except for passing by a rather rude bunch of sigmarite zealots but they mostly keep their mouths shut.

You're ushered into the temple. The building is all but evacuated on orders of the Ur-Ulric. Who looks at you and scowls and then says "Put your hand in the fire, boy."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Vargr Skarin

A serving girl brings in some hot water later on.

I politely thank her and clean up.

Mental note, as soon as I make any significant amount of money, I must purchase a huge-ass claw-footed brass tub you could potentially hold a small orgy in. I like to stretch out when I bathe or shower. Creature comforts are, hence, worth every penny.

You continue to read the book with relative enjoyment for a while and yes there is plenty of references to Arthurian legend. If you hadn’t known this was a real and very serious historical book, you’d have thought this was some King Arthur knockoff novel.

In other words, a good read. I make sure to brush up on local customs, if only to realize which ones I'll soon be violating with extreme prejudice.

You head down to dinner that night and see that you have a seat near the edge of the high table. Sitting near you is an actual prophetess of the lady. Her eyes zero in on you like a hawk that just spotted a rabbit.

I return her stare with an emotionless facade first.

Hold it.

Then, once she starts getting frustrated reply with letting my mind sink into a fraction of that savage, primeval brutality that comes with being part of the get of Fenrir. For just a moment, I let her glimpse the unadorned shadow of the wolf.

Then I smile pleasantly and return to my meal.

Because trying to engage in a dominance challenge with the son of the freaking Fenriswulf, whose _other_ brats are destined to _devour the sun and moon_ according to Norse myth ... yeah, not the best of ideas.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Than she bids you good-bye, good luck, and the Lady’s blessing be on you.

Who said he only lost?
Nice. Good for him.

Noted.

You learn that there are six others that have bows and can shoot them with relative skill, the other men weren’t quite so lucky when it came to inheriting poppa’s bow. Louis, or was is Peppin, promises that they will guard the archers with their lives. The other men acknowledge their order and get into position.

The goblins don’t know what hit them, one minute they’re shrieking down the mountain, heading for the kill, the next they begin to die in droves. You charge your way through them, your blades leaving nothing but burnt chunks behind. A few goblins, preferring their luck against the walls rather than you, try to clamber up it. They fail, the twins wreak havoc on the climbing goblins while the archers riddle them with arrows. In a matter of minutes the fight is over and a handful of goblins make a break back into the mountains proper.

What now?
I'll let the runners go. They're fear will keep other goblins at bay and give me time to build up my fief before they forget their fear and try again with more goblins. It may well provoke on of the larger orks who might see me as a challenge, however, it's a risk I'll have to take.

After the few living goblins are gone, the men and I will gather the bodies of the slaughtered Goblins and prepare them for disposal. They strip the bodies of anything of value and cart it back to the fort while I pile them up along with some dry wood and burn them so they can't spread their spores and infest the valley again.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 am

Brian Boru wrote:They die, and they die horribly, the rest of your group, even the wolves, look nauseous as you carve through the moaning and you think even 'happy' bunch of perverse bull men.

Once they're dead the others burn the corpses and jump into a river to get that unclean sensation off of them...

Want to keep looking for wolves and farmers? Or head back.

If the former roll 2d100, if the later you'll have to argue your case.

Rolling!

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 am

The member 'bzzt3421' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 72, 79

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well then it is good to know that issue got nipped in the bud fast. Though I'm mostly glad my people took so quickly to them and them to my people. As with my plans for them both later, having them being able to work together will be a most.

Kool  

An so for the next month my time is spent in one of a few ways, as I'm either helping with the continued building effort, training with my men, spending time with my people, wife and friends or hunting with my pack to further bond with them and see if I can find other wolves of worth to join them.

No luck with any other wolf packs but you learn to gel well with the pack you have with you and work is continued on the fortifications and the new buildings.

Though I also send words to the dwarfs again, asking for the skills of some of there miners. As knowing of our lands rich resources of ore and stone, but knowing that most of my people do not know of the trade. I hire on the miners to survey our surrounding lands/holdings and marking down where good veins of orc or stone is located. So we can know where to build mines or quarries later and to harvest those resources.

The hold agrees to send some surveyors to see what is located in your territory.

Roll d100

At the end of the month you leave your still growing capital to Olric’s Stone for the third and hopefully final time. How many of your troops do you bring?  After the destruction of the Centigor herd, the beastmen have begun to avoid your path between your home and Olric’s Stone.  When you arrive you find tens of thousands of Bjornling warriors along with a several small contingents of Sarls and Skraelings.  Anything you wish to say at the stone or any last plans before moving North?

Well, time to use my superior speed to hit the riflemen. Bare handed, I'll get to them, while remaining in their line of fire so that they can only shoot at me, and knock them all out. Getting shot will likely hurt, but eh, I should be able to take a shot or two. Anyways, rush in amongst them and knock em all out. Shock and awe.

You move faster than anyone else present can see save maybe Kyra, you quickly dispatch the guards save for one that manage to get off a shot, the bullet strikes you in the chest but it doesn’t pierce the skin though it DOES sting like a bitch.  You quickly deal with the last man.  The merchant is standing at the top of a staircase right inside the door.  Staring in horror at this monster at his door.

*deadpan* "I know."

“Does not mean I have to like it, milord.”

"Only gets more difficult from here!"

“Gleep.”

Down wind and out of sight.

Not out of earshot unfortunately...

We're going to Evermountain to see the Dwarf King, but first we're doing a side quest...

In Blackfire Pass there is a hidden shrine to sigmar that dates for the very dawn of the Empire that will set us on an epic quest... which I believe will suit Valten's place well.

When the Sigmar left the empire he took his hammer with him. Which leaves the question... how does the emperor have Ghal-Maraz? I believe it's not the TRUE hammer and have had visions on how to find the true Ghal-Maraz.

Right now we're looking for broken pillars down about a third the way down Blackfire Pass. They've been broken and defaced but they mark a side pass. I intend to not only find the shrine, but repair the pillars as a sign of thank to the Mangod.

The Ulricians stare at you in shock and at the implications of your mission.  Huss looks like he’s going to have a orgasmic religious rapture, Valten...is a bit odd, he seems a bit overwhelmed, but in the depths of his eyes, you think you see the spark of something more, something great, something that anticipates this trek.

To the surprise of many in the group, you have relatively little trouble going through the mountains and foothills of the Black Mountains, until you reach the Black Fire pass, there you meet a trade caravan willing to take you on for a while.  It takes several days of travel before you find the broken pillars.  They sit high on the pass but you think everyone present can make it to them without trouble.

You actually make it to middenherim without any other major problems... well, except for passing by a rather rude bunch of sigmarite zealots but they mostly keep their mouths shut.

Jackasses...

You're ushered into the temple. The building is all but evacuated on orders of the Ur-Ulric. Who looks at you and scowls and then says "Put your hand in the fire, boy."

My face as solemn as a funeral, I nod, “As you wish, Ar-Ulric.”  I do so, though I’d honestly rather not.

I politely thank her and clean up.

Mental note, as soon as I make any significant amount of money, I must purchase a huge-ass claw-footed brass tub you could potentially hold a small orgy in. I like to stretch out when I bathe or shower. Creature comforts are, hence, worth every penny.

Heh heh

In other words, a good read. I make sure to brush up on local customs, if only to realize which ones I'll soon be violating with extreme prejudice.

heh heh

I return her stare with an emotionless facade first.

Hold it.

Then, once she starts getting frustrated reply with letting my mind sink into a fraction of that savage, primeval brutality that comes with being part of the get of Fenrir. For just a moment, I let her glimpse the unadorned shadow of the wolf.

Then I smile pleasantly and return to my meal.

Because trying to engage in a dominance challenge with the son of the freaking Fenriswulf, whose _other_ brats are destined to _devour the sun and moon_ according to Norse myth ... yeah, not the best of ideas.

She actually flinches for a moment and breaks eye-contact with you.  You then sit down, the food is great and while you feel you could eat 10 tons of this stuff, you CAN control yourself.

The Duke notices but doesn’t comment, after a while the Prophetess, gathering her courage again, turns to you and says, “So...master Skarin, you are an interesting fellow...I must admit that I’m rather curious as to where you come from...”

I'll let the runners go. They're fear will keep other goblins at bay and give me time to build up my fief before they forget their fear and try again with more goblins. It may well provoke one of the larger orks who might see me as a challenge, however, it's a risk I'll have to take.

After the few living goblins are gone, the men and I will gather the bodies of the slaughtered Goblins and prepare them for disposal. They strip the bodies of anything of value and cart it back to the fort while I pile them up along with some dry wood and burn them so they can't spread their spores and infest the valley again.

It’s quickly done and the bodies are burned.  You manage to find a fair amount of scrap metal from the bodies and you give them to the blacksmith for him to hammer down into whatever is needed.

Not much else happens until a yeoman rider comes in from the southern valley.  He has several letter with him.  One from William, one from Igrette, one from Isolde, and a fourth from d’Marr who's your official superior.

Order you want to look at them?

72, 79

After several days of searching, you manage to find ONE small settlement, when you offer your help with clearing some timber, they welcome it though they really only need about 10 knocked down.  You do your work and then head on your way, eventually you manage to find some wolf tracks leading deeper into the forest.  You aren’t sure if they’re giant wolf or regular wolf tracks but you can follow them if you wish.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

No luck with any other wolf packs but you learn to gel well with the pack you have with you and work is continued on the fortifications and the new buildings.
Cool, as a well running pack is a strong pack.

The hold agrees to send some surveyors to see what is located in your territory.

Roll d100
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4128084/
1d100 → [3] = (3)

Hope they find something good.

At the end of the month you leave your still growing capital to Olric’s Stone for the third and hopefully final time. How many of your troops do you bring?  
I bring with me Ingvar, Tregyv, the pack, 300 axe and shieldmen, 200 greatweapon men, 150 archers and the jarl's men and our supplies. While leaving Kenna in charge while we are away.

After the destruction of the Centigor herd, the beastmen have begun to avoid your path between your home and Olric’s Stone.  When you arrive you find tens of thousands of Bjornling warriors along with a several small contingents of Sarls and Skraelings.  Anything you wish to say at the stone or any last plans before moving North
First off I have a meeting with my Hands to see if any new issues or info has come up that will change our current plan of action to deal with the target for this campaign. An if not then we will continue as planned.

Then once that is done, I have the men gathered together so I may speak with them all at the stones with my pack and hands at my back.

"My people, we gathered here today to do something that will lay down the foundation of our future and of those that will come after us and those of our kin. Today we will march to utterly destroy a foe to our people that has been a thorn in our sides for ages and has killed or corrupted kin and friend for far too long. An today we will prove to our true brothers and sisters that we are way to the beginning for a better future, a better life and a stronger Norsca.

But to do this will not be easy, as this task we are about to do is not a battle where honor or courage is earned or given, where thralls taken and loot earned. What we are about to do is to purge a festering cancer that is has been in our lands, Olric's lands for far too long! What we march to do today is the utter and complete destruction of Clan Graelings and all it's people! What we start today will either end in the death of every Graeling dead or their clan and gods renounced!

So are you with me my brothers and sisters of the north!? Are you with me to be the blade of Olric this day and cut away and burn away a cancer of our lands!? Are you with me to pave the road for a better future for all True people of the north!?"

An with that we march.

Standard purging action for settlements/holdings:
Have army and Jarls form a circle around the perimeter of the holding with orders to kill anything that comes there way. While I will head into the holding to kill all in it, while leaving the runners to my men. Though before a purge happens I'll walk over to the holding and give my ultimatum to either forsake there clan and gods and join the people of the south or be prepared to meet there gods. I will only give this choice once per holding and only those who come out then to surrender will be spared. The rest will be killed to the last with only the thralls spared and freed and the holding burned to the ground.

Last edited by Ironforge on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Vargr Skarin

She actually flinches for a moment and breaks eye-contact with you. You then sit down, the food is great and while you feel you could eat 10 tons of this stuff, you CAN control yourself.

That I can. I also take the opportunity to catalogue what I can identify in terms of spices and ingredients used. Sort of wondering whether the potato's made it over here from the New World yet.

The Duke notices but doesn’t comment, after a while the Prophetess, gathering her courage again, turns to you and says, “So...master Skarin, you are an interesting fellow...I must admit that I’m rather curious as to where you come from...”

I pause.

"... I'm sorry, I do believe you have me at a disadvantage?"

Bit rude that, not bothering to even introduce herself.

Then I solemnly say.

"Well, when mommy and daddy love one-another very much, and possibly forget to take certain precautions ... oh, I'm sorry, my mistake."

Gallic shrug.

"Many places. I do believe I am Norscan enough in that respect. What of yourself?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:55 pm

It’s quickly done and the bodies are burned. You manage to find a fair amount of scrap metal from the bodies and you give them to the blacksmith for him to hammer down into whatever is needed.
Thats good, since we can't mine right now, the scrap will come in handy for both tools and weapons/armor.

Not much else happens until a yeoman rider comes in from the southern valley. He has several letter with him. One from William, one from Igrette, one from Isolde, and a fourth from d’Marr who's your official superior.

Order you want to look at them?

These are troubling times, thus business must come before pleasure. I will first look at the letter from d'Marr, then William, then Igrette, the Isolde.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:40 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You move faster than anyone else present can see save maybe Kyra, you quickly dispatch the guards save for one that manage to get off a shot, the bullet strikes you in the chest but it doesn’t pierce the skin though it DOES sting like a bitch.  You quickly deal with the last man.  The merchant is standing at the top of a staircase right inside the door.  Staring in horror at this monster at his door.

I slowly stalk up the stairs, the merchant frozen in fear and horror at me whom waltzed in and dispatched a half a dozen of his guards, and took a shot and didn't even flinch, much less bleed. As I come closer to him, I speak to him in a mild voice, pinning him with my eyes, giving him a penetrating stare.

"My good merchant, that just was not polite, do you greet all your visitors with guns pointed at them? One wonders how you can keep your business running if this was the case. Now, I'd prefer not to harm others, and we came here to talk to you, my good sir. Will you be reasonable? Or will you try to call your guards? Whom I assure you, won't help at all against me. I'd much rather like a polite conversation. Fighting can be rather... messy."

I stop in front of him. "Now, what'll it be?"

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:After several days of searching, you manage to find ONE small settlement, when you offer your help with clearing some timber, they welcome it though they really only need about 10 knocked down. You do your work and then head on your way, eventually you manage to find some wolf tracks leading deeper into the forest. You aren’t sure if they’re giant wolf or regular wolf tracks but you can follow them if you wish.
OOC: you realize I was talking about helping to clear the forest after the patrol, right?
I follow them, no reason not to. Either they are wolf tracks, or they're giant wolf tracks. Either way, should be fun!Laughing 

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:17 am

“Does not mean I have to like it, milord.”

I grimace. "I agree."

“Gleep.”

Mad laughter!

Not out of earshot unfortunately...

Sometimes you gotta live with it.

The Ulricians stare at you in shock and at the implications of your mission.

They have anything to say about it?

Huss looks like he’s going to have a orgasmic religious rapture,

I wonder if he'll need some time to catch his breath.

Valten...is a bit odd, he seems a bit overwhelmed, but in the depths of his eyes, you think you see the spark of something more, something great, something that anticipates this trek.

I grin at him. "Come on, brother. Lets go get your hammer."

To the surprise of many in the group, you have relatively little trouble going through the mountains and foothills of the Black Mountains, until you reach the Black Fire pass, there you meet a trade caravan willing to take you on for a while.  It takes several days of travel before you find the broken pillars.  They sit high on the pass but you think everyone present can make it to them without trouble.

There should be a field of bones beyond that, cursed bones... so everyone get ready for Undead.

After that we just need to order the shrine to open up in the name of Sigmar and wait until midnight...

There will be a sign. Wink

Jackasses...

At least they kept it to curses

My face as solemn as a funeral, I nod, “As you wish, Ar-Ulric.”  I do so, though I’d honestly rather not.

Your hand does not burn. Instead the flame explodes into a pillar and there is the distant howl of wolves. Your axe does begin to glow red and smolder, burning at your clothes. What do you do with it?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:43 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Hope they find something good.

They return with pleased grins on their faces roughly a week into their excursion... they mention that they've found a large vein of gromril located not far from your halls.

I bring with me Ingvar, Tregyv, the pack, 300 axe and shieldmen, 200 greatweapon men, 150 archers and the jarl's men and our supplies. While leaving Kenna in charge while we are away.

She kisses you good-bye and wishes Olric's blessing on you.

First off I have a meeting with my Hands to see if any new issues or info has come up that will change our current plan of action to deal with the target for this campaign. An if not then we will continue as planned.

Nothing new has come around, but there IS talk about an exceptionally powerful Khornate champion among the Graelings, whipping the entire tribe into a frenzy.

Then once that is done, I have the men gathered together so I may speak with them all at the stones with my pack and hands at my back.

"My people, we gathered here today to do something that will lay down the foundation of our future and of those that will come after us and those of our kin. Today we will march to utterly destroy a foe to our people that has been a thorn in our sides for ages and has killed or corrupted kin and friend for far too long. An today we will prove to our true brothers and sisters that we are way to the beginning for a better future, a better life and a stronger Norsca.

But to do this will not be easy, as this task we are about to do is not a battle where honor or courage is earned or given, where thralls taken and loot earned. What we are about to do is to purge a festering cancer that is has been in our lands, Olric's lands for far too long! What we march to do today is the utter and complete destruction of Clan Graelings and all it's people! What we start today will either end in the death of every Graeling dead or their clan and gods renounced!

So are you with me my brothers and sisters of the north!? Are you with me to be the blade of Olric this day and cut away and burn away a cancer of our lands!? Are you with me to pave the road for a better future for all True people of the north!?"

An with that we march.

They roar their approval and on they march, the thunder of the feet of over 30,000 warriors on the march.

Standard purging action for settlements/holdings:
Have army and Jarls form a circle around the perimeter of the holding with orders to kill anything that comes there way. While I will head into the holding to kill all in it, while leaving the runners to my men. Though before a purge happens I'll walk over to the holding and give my ultimatum to either forsake there clan and gods and join the people of the south or be prepared to meet there gods. I will only give this choice once per holding and only those who come out then to surrender will be spared. The rest will be killed to the last with only the thralls spared and freed and the holding burned to the ground.

That I can. I also take the opportunity to catalogue what I can identify in terms of spices and ingredients used. Sort of wondering whether the potato's made it over here from the New World yet.

They are here, but they're mostly used for vodka production in Kislev.

I pause.

"... I'm sorry, I do believe you have me at a disadvantage?"

Sorry meant to add she introduced herself as Giselle right before she asked you.

"Many places. I do believe I am Norscan enough in that respect. What of yourself?"

She repeats her name and says that she is a Prophetess of the Lady currently in service to the Duke of Brionne. Frankly something of a cush position considering how genteel the duchy is.

These are troubling times, thus business must come before pleasure. I will first look at the letter from d'Marr, then William, then Igrette, the Isolde.

The first letter, from d'Marr is luckily at the moment just a pleasantry, though he mentions that news about the tournament you won is spreading like wildfire, though the damsel you met's good word did sooth things slightly, there is still rumors from elsewhere about your possible taint. As such the Duke of Quenelles himself is likely to be coming North, when, where, and why is yet to be seen.

William just wishes to say hello and asks if he might be able to visit you soon.

Igrette also says hello and tells you what has been happening in her day-to-day life. When her father learned who her penpal was, he seemed...pleased...not overjoyed...but he didn't see this as a bad thing.

Jessamine also wrote, she says that her father has been making plans, a possibility of a campaign into the mountains might come soon, though not likely for a few months but if it should come then hell or high water she'll be sure to see you when the host gathers.

I slowly stalk up the stairs, the merchant frozen in fear and horror at me whom waltzed in and dispatched a half a dozen of his guards, and took a shot and didn't even flinch, much less bleed. As I come closer to him, I speak to him in a mild voice, pinning him with my eyes, giving him a penetrating stare.

"My good merchant, that just was not polite, do you greet all your visitors with guns pointed at them? One wonders how you can keep your business running if this was the case. Now, I'd prefer not to harm others, and we came here to talk to you, my good sir. Will you be reasonable? Or will you try to call your guards? Whom I assure you, won't help at all against me. I'd much rather like a polite conversation. Fighting can be rather... messy."

I stop in front of him. "Now, what'll it be?"

He stares for a little while and start blubbering in panic, begging you to take what you want, just don't hurt him. The young lady Gunnard gets the promise of support from him quickly enough though when your group leaves she does mention that a promise, especially one like that in Marienburg, does not usually hold water long.

After that the next morning she heads for the courts to lodge her suit. Declaring herself and calling to accuse her cousin of attempting to kill her and taking her inheritence. After several himms hawws, gold exchanges, record and portrait checking the courts agree to the case and a hearing will be held three days from now. Anything you want to do in the biggest port city in the entire damn known world?

I follow them, no reason not to. Either they are wolf tracks, or they're giant wolf tracks. Either way, should be fun!Laughing 

Roll a d10

Sometimes you gotta live with it.

Everyone lost their appetites.

They have anything to say about it?

They wonder about what you intend to do once you have the hammer in your possession.

I wonder if he'll need some time to catch his breath.

"NO...no...I'm alright...I'm alright..."

I grin at him. "Come on, brother. Lets go get your hammer."

"Yes...lets..."

There should be a field of bones beyond that, cursed bones... so everyone get ready for Undead.

After that we just need to order the shrine to open up in the name of Sigmar and wait until midnight...

There will be a sign. Wink

You find the dead city of bones, all present, even the orgres, are unnerved by this place, all save Valten who strides into the valley and the city with absolutely no fear present on his face, a grim look of determination is there instead.

The moment you approach the shrine you mentioned earlier, everysingle skeleton in this city stands up and moves to attack.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

At least they kept it to curses

I mutter to Cosmina once they're out of earshot how I'd love to leave them sitting up in a tree, like the world's ugliest squirrels.

Your hand does not burn. Instead the flame explodes into a pillar and there is the distant howl of wolves. Your axe does begin to glow red and smolder, burning at your clothes. What do you do with it?

I remove the ax from my back and stare at it for a moment, then I turn my focus back towards the fire then with a serious face, or as serious as I can I push the entire ax-head into the towering pillar of flames. Once I do I respond to the howls of the wolves at the edge of my hearing with a howl of my own. Not a howl of pain or fear, but one of one wolf responding to the howl of another, 'here I am!' is the basic message.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:52 am

Everyone lost their appetites.

More for me! Very Happy

They wonder about what you intend to do once you have the hammer in your possession.

Give it to Valten... I already have two awesome weapons.

"NO...no...I'm alright...I'm alright..."

I chuckle and pat him on the shoulder.

"Yes...lets..."

Evil grin.

You find the dead city of bones, all present, even the orgres, are unnerved by this place, all save Valten who strides into the valley and the city with absolutely no fear present on his face, a grim look of determination is there instead.

The moment you approach the shrine you mentioned earlier, everysingle skeleton in this city stands up and moves to attack.

I'm a blur of SLASH!

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

I mutter to Cosmina once they're out of earshot how I'd love to leave them sitting up in a tree, like the world's ugliest squirrels.

She chuckles and mentions something about an interesting night.

I remove the ax from my back and stare at it for a moment, then I turn my focus back towards the fire then with a serious face, or as serious as I can I push the entire ax-head into the towering pillar of flames.

Head catches on fire, burning brightly with holy fire....

Once I do I respond to the howls of the wolves at the edge of my hearing with a howl of my own.  Not a howl of pain or fear, but one of one wolf responding to the howl of another, 'here I am!'  is the basic message.

The entire building shakes and everyone drops to their knees. You can see the Ur-Ulric is weeping.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:05 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

They return with pleased grins on their faces roughly a week into their excursion... they mention that they've found a large vein of gromril located not far from your halls.
Well then I guess I need to set up a meeting with the Thane to talk over what will be done upon this find and what the dwarfs will trade for it in trade. So I have the dwarfs set things up so I can work out a deal with the dwarfs over the mines rights.

She kisses you good-bye and wishes Olric's blessing on you.
"Don't worry Kenna, I'll be back before you know."

Nothing new has come around, but there IS talk about an exceptionally powerful Khornate champion among the Graelings, whipping the entire tribe into a frenzy.
Noted and now I guess know who I need to kill to break the back of this clan.

Roll a d100
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4130062/
1d100 → [55] = (55)
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:12 am

More for me! Very Happy

They stare at you in vague disgust.

Give it to Valten... I already have two awesome weapons.

They stare in shock at you then at Valten when they connect the dots.

I chuckle and pat him on the shoulder.

He quickly regains his composure.

Evil grin.

Another evil grin.

I'm a blur of SLASH!

Almost as quickly as they appear, the skeletons begin to fall apart. Despite your efforts, the rest of your party have a fierce fight on their hands. Valten is a whirlwind of destruction with his blacksmith hammer, the skeletons are pulverized in 2's and 3's with every single one of his swings. Huss roars chants to Sigmar as he swing his hammer. The rest of the party fights ferociously as well. Even Frieda takes down several. Eventually you reach the shrine to Sigmar. The moment Valten gets within arm's-length of it, the door swings open. Everyone pours in behind you. The door slams shut and the skeletons still outside can't seem to get in. Everyone is still alive though the templar and one of the guards is battered a bit. The orgres are fine though just a bit disturbed. Looking at the statue of Sigmar in the shrine then back at Valten, they're perfect copies of each other.

You have a while before the sun sets what do you do until then?

She chuckles and mentions something about an interesting night.

Heh he he...

...giggity...

Head catches on fire, burning brightly with holy fire....

I don't blink, flinch, or turn my head...

The entire building shakes and everyone drops to their knees. You can see the Ur-Ulric is weeping.

I drop to my knees as well. "Damn...that was something..." I look at my ax to see what happened to it.

Then I turn to the Ar-Ulric. I clap him on the shoulder and say, "Why do you weep? Is this not a good thing?"

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well then I guess I need to set up a meeting with the Thane to talk over what will be done upon this find and what the dwarfs will trade for it in trade. So I have the dwarfs set things up so I can work out a deal with the dwarfs over the mines rights.

Unfortunately... that might take a while... dealings like these take time as this is a huge boon and they must be properly paid, but at the same time dwarves are legendary skinflints....

"Don't worry Kenna, I'll be back before you know."

That is what I pray for.

Noted and now I guess know who I need to kill to break the back of this clan.

Heh

As you move north your scouts return telling you that an army of Graelings 5000 strong is already amassed to face you, the grins that had formed at that news disappears when they get to the 40,000 beastmen that flock to their banners, something about how the dark ones told them to help the Graelings.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:17 am

The first letter, from d'Marr is luckily at the moment just a pleasantry, though he mentions that news about the tournament you won is spreading like wildfire, though the damsel you met's good word did sooth things slightly, there is still rumors from elsewhere about your possible taint. As such the Duke of Quenelles himself is likely to be coming North, when, where, and why is yet to be seen.
I will write back inquiring about his health and his people and other such pleasantries. After that I will say that the news of tournament spreading is good as it might entice more pesants to move into my lands as I have a severe shortage of personnel at the moment. I will add to this a report on the battle with the 300 hundred strong goblin warband and how we managed to beat them. Lastly, I will write a request that if he knows of any lords who have too many peasants in their lands or of peasant villages that have lost their noble rulers to head my way as I can provide for and make use of more people for the good of Quenellas and Bretonnia.
I will finish the letter by wishing him good health and good fortune before sigil to the letter.

William just wishes to say hello and asks if he might be able to visit you soon.
I will write back telling him that he may visit whenever he likes and I would be glad to receive him.

Igrette also says hello and tells you what has been happening in her day-to-day life. When her father learned who her penpal was, he seemed...pleased...not overjoyed...but he didn't see this as a bad thing.
I will write back telling her of how setting up the new fief has been going. The challenges faced and how we managed to overcome them and of the Goblin Raid we beat back even though we were horribly outnumbered. The last quarter of the letter will be me recounting funny stories of what me and my people have been up to to lighten the mood. Such as the one time during construction of the fort when Pepin(or was it Luis?) was distracted by his brother and walked right into a support beam knocking himself right on his ass. I will finish the letter by stating that I'm happy her father approves and I eagerly await her next letter.

Jessamine also wrote, she says that her father has been making plans, a possibility of a campaign into the mountains might come soon, though not likely for a few months but if it should come then hell or high water she'll be sure to see you when the host gathers.
I will write back saying that I hope she has been well and that it is good to hear that her father is already making plans for a campaign. Much like my letter with Igrette, I will write her telling of my experience in setting up the new fief. I will include both the serious stories(Goblin Warband) and the humorous ones (Pepin meets support beam). I will make note of how I could do so much more if I had some more people as the land is fertile and waiting to be harvested, just needs more people to do so. I'm sure all of this will get back to her father and I'm hoping he will be convinced to send me more people since I've proven I can defend them and have both the will and the money to expand. I will finish the letter with wishing her well and saying I eagerly await her next letter and the next occasion when we can see each other.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:39 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Unfortunately... that might take a while... dealings like these take time as this is a huge boon and they must be properly paid, but at the same time dwarves are legendary skinflints....
"Well don't take to long my friends or I'll have to look for another means of using the ore."

As you move north your scouts return telling you that an army of Graelings 5000 strong is already amassed to face you, the grins that had formed at that news disappears when they get to the 40,000 beastmen that flock to their banners, something about how the dark ones told them to help the Graelings.
So with that news I call for a meeting with my Battlemaster and other Jarls and plan for the coming battle. Though before everyone can be gathered for the meeting I turn Jarl Ulf Skullcracker.  

"Ulf my battlemaster, I leave the plans for this battle to you my blade. As you should know best what can be done with our men and know the full scope of my power. So show me you are worthy of your title now and crush the enemies before us with the might you have before you." An so with that I let Ulf be in charge of the planning of this battle, so as to see the true extent of his skill of running war and bring death to our enemies. Then once he finishes laying out his plans for this battle, I lead with him in bring death to our foes.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:00 am

Vargr Skarin

They are here, but they're mostly used for vodka production in Kislev.

Interesting, if something to look into after.

She repeats her name and says that she is a Prophetess of the Lady currently in service to the Duke of Brionne. Frankly something of a cush position considering how genteel the duchy is.

I ask what that entails, as while I'd heard something of Bretonnian custom and faith I'm far from considering myself familiar with either.

Also, I take stock what other notables are present? Might as well see what kind of people the Duke surrounds himself with.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:He stares for a little while and start blubbering in panic, begging you to take what you want, just don't hurt him.  The young lady Gunnard gets the promise of support from him quickly enough though when your group leaves she does mention that a promise, especially one like that in Marienburg, does not usually hold water long.

After that the next morning she heads for the courts to lodge her suit.  Declaring herself and calling to accuse her cousin of attempting to kill her and taking her inheritence.  After several himms hawws, gold exchanges, record and portrait checking the courts agree to the case and a hearing will be held three days from now.  Anything you want to do in the biggest port city in the entire damn known world?

Well, time to go around and get news from other places. Since this *is* a port city, it'll have a ton of news and rumors about whats happening in the wider world... and given that this was a big rich city. There's bound to be big temples. I'll visit one of them, say... perhaps if one exists in the city, a temple of Ulric.

Meanwhile, between all my information gathering and visitations. I'll make sure to go by the last merchant's home a few times quite visibly to make sure he gets the message that if he goes back on his word, there will be hell to pay.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:09 pm

They stare at you in vague disgust.

"What?"

They stare in shock at you then at Valten when they connect the dots.

"Say nothing of it... but like I said, Ulric and Sigmar are brothers in battle. It's only natural."

He quickly regains his composure.

"Come on, lets go someplace sacred."

Almost as quickly as they appear, the skeletons begin to fall apart.  Despite your efforts, the rest of your party have a fierce fight on their hands.  Valten is a whirlwind of destruction with his blacksmith hammer, the skeletons are pulverized in 2's and 3's with every single one of his swings.  Huss roars chants to Sigmar as he swing his hammer.  The rest of the party fights ferociously as well.  Even Frieda takes down several.  Eventually you reach the shrine to Sigmar.  The moment Valten gets within arm's-length of it, the door swings open.  Everyone pours in behind you.  The door slams shut and the skeletons still outside can't seem to get in.  Everyone is still alive though the templar and one of the guards is battered a bit. The orgres are fine though just a bit disturbed.  Looking at the statue of Sigmar in the shrine then back at Valten, they're perfect copies of each other.

Valten is borrowing my axe at the moment. The rest, alright.

And I'll take a step outside to finish pulverizing them.

When I come back I mention to Huss that later on we'll have to come back with a proper team of Morr priests to put them to proper rest and some Sigmarite priests to staff the place. This location is holy.

You have a while before the sun sets what do you do until then?

Let us prey for Sigmar's blessings in this most holy of shrines!

I look to Huss. "Understand that most of us are not Sigmarites, but all of us respect the Man God's power..."

For the Ulricians to pray would be no insult to Ulric. Priests are expected to respect all the gods after all.

I glance at the Ogres. "This is your chance to step outside, but considering its his hammer we're looking for... well... any blessing would be good, right, and the fact that the Maw hasn't eaten him is a testament to his power and skill."

After that I expect the Sigmarites to be up all night in hard core prayer.

Heh he he...

...giggity...

Giggity goooo!

I don't blink, flinch, or turn my head...

And it pulses with power.

I drop to my knees as well.  "Damn...that was something..."  I look at my ax to see what happened to it.

Then I turn to the Ar-Ulric.  I clap him on the shoulder and say, "Why do you weep?  Is this not a good thing?"

"They are tears of joy..." he's looking on with awe.

Everyone else, the small group of guards that is, are equally as moved...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Roll a d10

Rolling

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:53 pm

The member 'bzzt3421' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 7

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:11 am

I will write back inquiring about his health and his people and other such pleasantries. After that I will say that the news of tournament spreading is good as it might entice more pesants to move into my lands as I have a severe shortage of personnel at the moment. I will add to this a report on the battle with the 300 hundred strong goblin warband and how we managed to beat them. Lastly, I will write a request that if he knows of any lords who have too many peasants in their lands or of peasant villages that have lost their noble rulers to head my way as I can provide for and make use of more people for the good of Quenellas and Bretonnia.
I will finish the letter by wishing him good health and good fortune before sigil to the letter.

He responds a week later, saying that he’ll do what he can about that.

I will write back telling him that he may visit whenever he likes and I would be glad to receive him.

He says that he’ll be there in a few days.

I will write back telling her of how setting up the new fief has been going. The challenges faced and how we managed to overcome them and of the Goblin Raid we beat back even though we were horribly outnumbered. The last quarter of the letter will be me recounting funny stories of what me and my people have been up to to lighten the mood. Such as the one time during construction of the fort when Pepin(or was it Luis?) was distracted by his brother and walked right into a support beam knocking himself right on his ass. I will finish the letter by stating that I'm happy her father approves and I eagerly await her next letter.

Kool.

I will write back saying that I hope she has been well and that it is good to hear that her father is already making plans for a campaign. Much like my letter with Igrette, I will write her telling of my experience in setting up the new fief. I will include both the serious stories(Goblin Warband) and the humorous ones (Pepin meets support beam). I will make note of how I could do so much more if I had some more people as the land is fertile and waiting to be harvested, just needs more people to do so. I'm sure all of this will get back to her father and I'm hoping he will be convinced to send me more people since I've proven I can defend them and have both the will and the money to expand. I will finish the letter with wishing her well and saying I eagerly await her next letter and the next occasion when we can see each other.

She writes back saying she’ll do what she can.

Roll 1d20 and 1d100

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

"Well don't take to long my friends or I'll have to look for another means of using the ore."

“We won’t...”

So with that news I call for a meeting with my Battlemaster and other Jarls and plan for the coming battle. Though before everyone can be gathered for the meeting I turn Jarl Ulf Skullcracker.  

"Ulf my battlemaster, I leave the plans for this battle to you my blade. As you should know best what can be done with our men and know the full scope of my power. So show me you are worthy of your title now and crush the enemies before us with the might you have before you." An so with that I let Ulf be in charge of the planning of this battle, so as to see the true extent of his skill of running war and bring death to our enemies. Then once he finishes laying out his plans for this battle, I lead with him in bring death to our foes.

“Beastmen might be as vicious as a bear with a tooth-ache, but are as dumb as rocks.  We’ll use that.  Normally the center of a battleline is where the strongest warriors are located.  We’ll do something different.  We’ll make sure our best are on the flanks.  Then entice the beastmen to charge our center.  Then we envelope them and pin them, then you’ll go in and kill whatever beastlord is among them.  With him dead the rest should shatter like rotten ice.”

Interesting, if something to look into after.

Kool

I ask what that entails, as while I'd heard something of Bretonnian custom and faith I'm far from considering myself familiar with either.

She acts as a priestess of the Lady of the Lake and interprets and helps to carry out her will, she is also a talented sorceress in her own right, her particular skills are in Celestial magic.  Magic of the sky.

Also, I take stock what other notables are present? Might as well see what kind of people the Duke surrounds himself with.

Bards,  a WHOLE LOTTA BARDS!  Or at least nobles who want to be bards.  Also you notice Mort and his father.  Mort a little cowed looking, while his father looks like he popped a blood-vessel in his eye.  Also present are a fair amount of noble women who sit and sigh at the better or more handsome individuals.

Well, time to go around and get news from other places. Since this *is* a port city, it'll have a ton of news and rumors about whats happening in the wider world... and given that this was a big rich city. There's bound to be big temples. I'll visit one of them, say... perhaps if one exists in the city, a temple of Ulric.

Listening around the city, there is apparent talk about how the Norscans are getting antsy and that there is talk of war on the horizon.  When or where is unknown.

Well a BIG temple is a no but there is a small fortress like structure dedicated to the God of Battle and Winter.  When you visit the place you get a strong feeling of belonging when you enter the place.

Meanwhile, between all my information gathering and visitations. I'll make sure to go by the last merchant's home a few times quite visibly to make sure he gets the message that if he goes back on his word, there will be hell to pay.

You swear you can hear him whimper from his house.

When the day of the hearing arrives, Miss Gunnard invites you to stand with her, Kyra herself wants nothing to do with this though she could be helpful in aiding Miss Gunnards case.

Either way, Lady Gunnard explains who she is and what had happened to her then you are called upon to tell your story as to where you found this young woman.

"What?"

They wonder how you can think about food listening to that over there.

"Say nothing of it... but like I said, Ulric and Sigmar are brothers in battle. It's only natural."

Most of them heard this before but it’s still a little hard to take all in.

"Come on, lets go someplace sacred."

“Yes...lets...”

Valten is borrowing my axe at the moment. The rest, alright.

Whoops...

And I'll take a step outside to finish pulverizing them.

The bastards keep sticking themselves back together.

When I come back I mention to Huss that later on we'll have to come back with a proper team of Morr priests to put them to proper rest and some Sigmarite priests to staff the place. This location is holy.

“Yes...a wise idea...I can see it now...”

Let us pray for Sigmar's blessings in this most holy of shrines!

So long as no one is dramatic.

I look to Huss. "Understand that most of us are not Sigmarites, but all of us respect the Man God's power..."

He nods.

For the Ulricians to pray would be no insult to Ulric. Priests are expected to respect all the gods after all.

They don’t begin praying out loud but they do bow their heads in respect.

I glance at the Ogres. "This is your chance to step outside, but considering its his hammer we're looking for... well... any blessing would be good, right, and the fact that the Maw hasn't eaten him is a testament to his power and skill."

With those skeletons that keep coming back UP?  They simply keep a respectful silence.

After that I expect the Sigmarites to be up all night in hard core prayer.

And Huss IS for quite a while.  This lasts for some time.  Then as night falls the skeltons seem to leave off.  The silence is almost ominous.  Then suddenly the roof of the shrine brightens as if there were stars embedded into the ceiling itself.  Then as the stunned group watches a facsimile of the twin tailed comet arcs across the ceiling at an angle ending at a stone block part of the shrine’s back wall.

And it pulses with power.

Sweeeet....

"They are tears of joy..." he's looking on with awe.

Everyone else, the small group of guards that is, are equally as moved...

I step back from the priest and  examine my battle ax, then on a whim, I channel the flame rune to see what happened.  Once they activate I then swing my ax in large arcs, testing the feel for these new flames moving them faster and faster until I am going full tilt.  Then once the flames run out, I hold my ax so that that it doesn’t set anything on fire.  I then turn to the ar-Ulric, “I saw things in the flames, the Lord of Winter gave me his blessing for a reason... several centuries ago the Empire was nearly destroyed by the Everchosen Asavar Kul of the Kurgan folk.  It was only turned back by the heroics of Magnus the Pious, I know that much from the history books.  But now it seems that what happened before is coming again.  A new everchosen is on the rise and he only needs to be crowned so before he brings the hordes down from the North.  We have two maybe three years before he comes, and he will be coming here, after this flame.”

I point to the original fire in the center of the temple.

“That is his goal and should he stand in this temple and corrupt the flames by mimicking Magnus’s actions, then the end times for the entire world will be upon us.”

Well the good news is that you found giant wolves...the bad knews?  There's a good 20 of them and they look HUNGRY!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next