Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 am

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:45
You manage to find the ritual sign, and some signs of the people who did the ritual. They're long gone though. As for the ritual itself...

You find the corpses of 64 sacrificial victims. Children. All children... and the way they died was far from pleasant. They were torn apart and their fleshed and grinning skulls formed a pile at the bottom of the alter which is still soaking with innocent blood....

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:59 am

Brian, I mistakenly hit edit instead of reply. My reply is reposted down below. Thankfully this contained the response to noone elses' post.

I apologize sincerely.

- Psyckosama
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:55 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing

Brian Boru wrote:That gets a chuckle.
He laughs and claps you on the shoulder, he works his fingers afterwards, seems to have stung a bit.
Heh.

They love the stories and they seem quite impressed by what you've done so far and more than one knight asks for a quick spar before you go.
I'll give some quick spars, giving them a taste of my strength and skill. Of course, I wont go all out since that would likely make fine paste of them. Should be pretty much. I'll oblige their requests for spars before I have to leave.

That gets a sigh when it's obvious you're not going to reciprocate but either way, when you head out again with said horse (a gift for saving the Duke's Sister) where do you go?
Continue on our path, we need to get to the Wood elf homeland, after which, once I've delivered my message, I'll head back to the Empire, since I can do alot of good there.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:42 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name[/quote]
Brian Boru wrote:It is some incredibly thick forest, and while you manage to range about a quarter of a mile ahead of the guy, you never go any further than that for fear of losing him.
In forest, that's a significant distance anyway.

And for good reason as barely a day into your movement through the forest you're set upon by a pack of beast men at least 10 gors and 40 ungors.86
I realize there is something deeply wrong with me. Or maybe deeply right? Because I'm actually looking _forward_ to this. I dig deep, touching off the fury of the bloodline and letting it out in a single, vicious, challenging snarl.

Then I ram a hunting spear into an Ungor's guts, twist so the blade and crossbar grate and lock against bone and gore, and use the leverage to hurl beastman and spear into the largest group of his fellows that I can find. Or the nearest Gor. Whichever is closest.

After that, I unlimber axe and broadsword, gut a beastman here, chop a head off there, and try to make myself the biggest threat around so Mort doesn't get bum-rushed.

When the beastmen break, or when I have them focusing on me properly, I howl, and have the wolves hit them from ambush while triggering Isa (ice) runes. After all, they count as my sworn forces now, don't they? Hopefully, that'll let me imbue them with ice magic much like Skarin could do to his troops during the war against Hel.

Yeah, no survivors. I want to wipe these beastmen out. Then I want to cut off every Gor head and take them as trophies - there might be a bounty on those. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 12 months, 0 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
-Has five Norscan heros units serving him as his fingers.
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 600 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,510

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 600
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100
Total: 600

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

They nod and head off to get ready.
Good, then I'll see them in a week.

Alright, they accept their position and swear to fulfill their duties to the utmost of their abilities.
Excellent, as I expect that the extra men will be of irreplaceable value to Ingvar and Ulf in the coming days. As good help is always worth there weight in gold.

That seems to mollify her and she promises a 'reminder' before you go.
Smile

She promises to do so a disquieting gleam in her eyes that makes Kenna shiver.
"Thanks Renee, I know I can always count on you." I say with a smile.

Supply assembling actually goes pretty well. A report DOES come in that a Slepneir stallion is wandering near the edge of your settlement though none have been able to get near it.
Well if I have the time then before we need to go, I'll ask some of my men on where the beast has been seen as of late. As rather not leave the creature there if I can prevent it. An if I can deal with it within my time, I head out with 2 of my pack to hunt it down and see if I can break it to my will. Or barring that, knock it out and carry it back to my stable masters and see if they can have better luck with the beast while I'm gone.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:They look to the road, then the contraption, the road, contraption, road, contraption....  "An extra day couldn't hurt."
I laugh.

The old ruling clan:  Their a bit more ragged than the other dwarves in the party, apparently they'd been acting as full time tunnel fighter to pay their ways through life.  And as practice for when they took their home.  They're slightly hopeful, but mostly they burn to cross out a few grudges.
Bah. You'll be grumbling about washing the orc stench out and fighting over who gets which room by the end of the week.

[] The Karaz-A-Karak Dwarves: Most of them are either friends or even the occasional in-laws of the Bronzebrows clansdwarves.  Either hoping to set up in the crag, planning to give aid to their friends or marriage kin, or simply wander or treasure lust motivating them.  
Fair enough.

[]  The Azul dwarves are more treasure hunters or those who have grudges against the greenskins in general to get back at.
Hm. Though a couple might settle down I hope. Young dwarfs are wise to look out for opertunity. Anyways, if this goes well how about we stop by Karak 8 Peaks for an encore. Plenty of gold there!

[]The Ogres are a bunch of man-eaters (title not diet) who came west to strike it rich.  After the horrific pounding you gave them and the endless meat from all the killing you've done.  They seem pretty happy with their current employment.[/quote]"Boys, this might seem almost sacrilegious to you, but don't eat tonight, that way tomorrow you will be HUNGRY FOR THE ENEMY!" I grin like a mad man, "Before a feast, always fast to make sure you have enough room to enjoy the bounty!"

It...goes about as well as expected.  You and Valten pierce right through the orcs and shatter what little formation they had, and immediately after, 700 hairy, angry, armored, and large weapon-wielding dwarves move like an avalanche right over them.  What few greenskins that don't fall to your blades suffer gravity's cruel ministrations.  Your group only suffered maybe a literal handful of casualties and not all of them fatal.  A great fight, and one that instills much confidence in this endeavor.
I do make sure to take one large one alive, the Boss if possible, and then I cut off pieces (and feed them to the ogres) until he says where the family is kept and where the Boss is.

"That was two thousand in the open! What hope does a mere 15,000 in scattered lots spread out through the tunnels have against such as ours? Today will live on as long as a single dwarf draws breath. This day the Orcs will learn the meaning of fear! This day, entire books of grudges shall be put to rest! Forward brothers, to victory! For glory! For honor! For riches! FOR THE DWARFS!"

After clearing the raiding party you soon reach the black crag itself.  From all accounts there is a near constant population of 15,000 orcs and that number only grows when goblins and snotlings are involved and easily 5 times that many call the Crag home but aren't there all at the same time.

What's the strategy?
"Valten, it looks like nobodys home. How about you knock on the door and check..." What a Face

After that we blow down the door and I lead the charge with Valten basically breaking their defenses and throwing them into complete disorder while the dwarfs secure the rear.

This is their element. I trust them to know their trade better than I. My job is just breaking the enemies back so they can do what they do best. The Ogres are put under their command for the time being.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Lord of a part of the Drakwald
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style
"THAT MATERIAL SUCKS YA GOT ANYTHING ELSE!?"
RAARGH!

Yeah...might want to get out of that little zone.
It is making you a bit peevish.

Thank you for not succumbing....
Was that a request to take one Wink

...this...this...this time I actually do drop to my knees, then my hands, horrified at what I've found.  Then I promptly get violently sick as the horror and disgust at what I've seen hits home like a sledge hammer.  Then with tears freely flowing I half howl and half wail at this wrongness.  Then once I can I then whirl up to my feet, and roar at the top of my lungs, making sure I'm so loud the air and ground shake, "WHOEVER DID THIS, DO NOT THINK FOR A MOMENT THAT YOU WILL GO UNPUNISHED FOR THIS ATROCITY.  I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU MYSELF!  AND NO HOLE WILL BE DEEP ENOUGH, NO WALL TOO THICK, NO BARRIER TOO STRONG, NO LAND TOO FAR, NO SANCTUARY TOO SECLUDED, WHERE YOU CAN HIDE FROM MY WRATH!"
You feel a dark shadow cross over you, something foul and vile. It swear your hear dark laughter on the wind.

I then destroy the ritual site with extreme impunity though the skulls, if that is the most intact part of these children left, I leave untouched.

Emotionally spent I carefully gather each and every skull and give it a small little grave with a marker over it.  I say prayers to Morr and Shallaya to watch over this poor children.  Then I make every precaution necessary to memorize this location and then plan to take a priest of Morr and bring them back here even if I have to carry them.  
Right.

Either way I go back to Middenheim and tell the Ar-Ulric and Boris what happened on my trek, and I leave nothing out.  I ask the ar-Ulric what can be done for them and promptly do it or arrange for it.
Boris and Ar-Ulric both are pretty angry about this. Not at you, but in general. Though it is telling that it was there to meet you. It seems that the surviving beast men aren't as broken as they thought. You've done well, but they both agree that they need to follow up more on the disruption you've caused.

They're also going to need experts to deal with the site. You've desecrated it, for lack of a better term, which is good, but they need to purify it.

Also, do you remember where the monster fell?

I then go to Cosmina and tell her what I find, if I cry when I tell her about the ritual site then I don't hide them.  Nothing horrifies or disgusts me more than the murder of children, and what happened in that forest...that gnaws at the root of my soul and I tell her so.
She comforts you and request that you take her.

You needed a Priest of Morr. She is a Priest of Morr and as your betrothed she feels its her duty to handle this perosnally.
[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:09 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

Brian Boru wrote:I'll give some quick spars, giving them a taste of my strength and skill. Of course, I wont go all out since that would likely make fine paste of them. Should be pretty much. I'll oblige their requests for spars before I have to leave.
Although you hold back, you still are able to make a match for even the best knights in combat. Then the Duke of Parravon steps forward. "May I try my hand?"

Continue on our path, we need to get to the Wood elf homeland, after which, once I've delivered my message, I'll head back to the Empire, since I can do alot of good there.
Alright, then since you helped clear most of the path, the trip back through Parravon itself is pretty clear. When you reach the forest itself...roll a d100

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

Brian Boru wrote:In forest, that's a significant distance anyway.
True

I realize there is something deeply wrong with me. Or maybe deeply right? Because I'm actually looking _forward_ to this. I dig deep, touching off the fury of the bloodline and letting it out in a single, vicious, challenging snarl.
Several Ungors take a step back at that, before the Gors put steel back in their spines with snarls and blows of their own.

Then I ram a hunting spear into an Ungor's guts, twist so the blade and crossbar grate and lock against bone and gore, and use the leverage to hurl beastman and spear into the largest group of his fellows that I can find. Or the nearest Gor. Whichever is closest.

After that, I unlimber axe and broadsword, gut a beastman here, chop a head off there, and try to make myself the biggest threat around so Mort doesn't get bum-rushed.
The beasts don't know what hit them. They begin to die left and right but astoundingly, they still push forward until half the ungors and most of the gors are dead. Then they shatter and run.

When the beastmen break, or when I have them focusing on me properly, I howl, and have the wolves hit them from ambush while triggering Isa (ice) runes. After all, they count as my sworn forces now, don't they? Hopefully, that'll let me imbue them with ice magic much like Skarin could do to his troops during the war against Hel.
There's silence for a moment, then the forest seems to come alive with the sound of snarling wolves and the shriek of beastmen. When you activate the ice, there's a moment where wolfish yelps of shock can be heard but then are quickly followed by the tinkling of ice. Seems they learned how to use it. (I.E. Their fangs.)

Yeah, no survivors. I want to wipe these beastmen out. Then I want to cut off every Gor head and take them as trophies - there might be a bounty on those. ^^
Well it doesn't take long for the wolves to finish their business, then they slink back into the forest within howling distance.

Your young noble companion simply stares...."Lady...what ...was...that...?"

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Excellent, as I expect that the extra men will be of irreplaceable value to Ingvar and Ulf in the coming days. As good help is always worth there weight in gold.
Indeed

"Thanks Renee, I know I can always count on you." I say with a smile.
"I will do the best I can my king." She bows demurely.

Well if I have the time then before we need to go, I'll ask some of my men on where the beast has been seen as of late. As rather not leave the creature there if I can prevent it. An if I can deal with it within my time, I head out with 2 of my pack to hunt it down and see if I can break it to my will. Or barring that, knock it out and carry it back to my stable masters and see if they can have better luck with the beast while I'm gone.
You do have time to track the beastie down and it doesn't take long to find it. There it is, all eight legs and bigger than most horses in the South, and, from what you've heard from your fellows, faster than damn near anything. Meaner than damn near anything as well.

Even though you and the wolves are down wind from it, it rears its head and stares right at you and you know that it knows that you are there. It doesn't seem to want to run, how do you respond?

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh.
They grumble.

Bah. You'll be grumbling about washing the orc stench out and fighting over who gets which room by the end of the week.
They appreciate the vote of confidence.

Hm. Though a couple might settle down I hope. Young dwarfs are wise to look out for opertunity. Anyways, if this goes well how about we stop by Karak 8 Peaks for an encore. Plenty of gold there!
The gleams in their eyes is vaguely disturbing.

"Boys, this might seem almost sacrilegious to you, but don't eat tonight, that way tomorrow you will be HUNGRY FOR THE ENEMY!" I grin like a mad man, "Before a feast, always fast to make sure you have enough room to enjoy the bounty!"
They look at you like you've gone mad, but they shrug, you haven't led them wrong yet.

I do make sure to take one large one alive, the Boss if possible, and then I cut off pieces (and feed them to the ogres) until he says where the family is kept and where the Boss is.
"WIT DA BIG BOSS! WHERE DA BOSS STUNTIES USE TA SIT! NOW STOP DAT I NEED DOSE BITZ!"

The literally simultaneous snarl of rage from 700 dwarf throats couldn't have been done better if choreographed.

"That was two thousand in the open! What hope does a mere 15,000 in scattered lots spread out through the tunnels have against such as ours? Today will live on as long as a single dwarf draws breath. This day the Orcs will learn the meaning of fear! This day, entire books of grudges shall be put to rest! Forward brothers, to victory! For glory! For honor! For riches! FOR THE DWARFS!"
Everyone present roars their support, their hearts either lightened by hope or blazed by the hope for combat.

"Valten, it looks like nobodys home. How about you knock on the door and check..." What a Face
Valten grins and grips his hammer. Then pulling down the face plate of his gromril helmet, he bull rushes the gate, his hammer swinging round and round, seeming to gather energy to it. When it hits they explode backwards at least 100 feet into the tunnels. The greenskins are momentarily stunned and you hear the Bronzebrows muttering about how to repair that mess.

After that we blow down the door and I lead the charge with Valten basically breaking their defenses and throwing them into complete disorder while the dwarfs secure the rear.

This is their element. I trust them to know their trade better than I. My job is just breaking the enemies back so they can do what they do best. The Ogres are put under their command for the time being.
And it works wonderfully, with you, Valten, and the ogres acting as a battering ram, the dwarfs are quick to fill in behind you. The two of you even manage to sprint down the sides of the walls at the same time. The men that came with you from Middenheim can only stare in awe at the raw power, speed, and ferocity the two of you exhibit. Greenskins go down in their hundreds before you army.

Eventually though, with the guide of the dwarves and their photographic memory, you manage to find the throne room. There are some of the biggest orcs you've seen yet in the room, while three of the biggest are holding an older female dwarf and a pair of younger dwarves both male who bear a resemblance to both this woman and King Kazador.

The absolute biggest, Rogut obviously, lumbers up and snarls, "Ya's busts inta me home and kill me boyz and now yer in my frone room looking to tries and kills me? Ya's eidda the dead hardest not orcs I'z evah seen or dah dumbest, so whatz d'ya wantz? Doh I fink I'z a'ready knowz." He looks back to the trio and they pulls ugly knives and hold them to the throats of all three dwarves.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

RAARGH!
"WEAKSAUCE! UTTER AND COMPLETE WEAKSAUCE!

It is making you a bit peevish.
And away from it go though I make a note to remember any particular land marks.

Was that a request to take one Wink
NO NO It's quite alright as is.

You feel a dark shadow cross over you, something foul and vile. It swear your hear dark laughter on the wind.
I try and resist a shudder, then I snarl, "Don't think I didn't hear that!"

Boris and Ar-Ulric both are pretty angry about this. Not at you, but in general. Though it is telling that it was there to meet you. It seems that the surviving beast men aren't as broken as they thought. You've done well, but they both agree that they need to follow up more on the disruption you've caused.
"Then If one scouring isn't enough, then I'll do it again, and again, how ever many times it takes. The Drakwald is my responsibility and I will not have this happen again on my watch. EVER!" I all but snarl that last bit.

They're also going to need experts to deal with the site. You've desecrated it, for lack of a better term, which is good, but they need to purify it.
"I'll lead you to it. I made sure to remember where it was."

Also, do you remember where the monster fell?
"Not as well but it shouldn't be too hard to find considering all the trees I ripped out of the ground and it wasn't that far away."

She comforts you and request that you take her.

You needed a Priest of Morr. She is a Priest of Morr and as your betrothed she feels its her duty to handle this personally.
I blink for a moment, then I smile, "Thank you darlin' you're a more amazing woman than I ever thought to have in this life."

After that I unwind for as long as I can before heading back out with whatever force the Graf and the Ar-Ulric send to act as clean up. I also make sure to check my lodging for any access tunnels of sewers, I know the goddam rodents are in the city already. I just need to make sure that they think twice before coming after me.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:Although you hold back, you still are able to make a match for even the best knights in combat.  Then the Duke of Parravon steps forward.  "May I try my hand?"
OOC: Shouldn't it be the Duke of Montfort?

I give a respectful bow to the Duke. "Of course sir, I would be honored."

I won't underestimate him, but I'll hold back still, I really don't want to hurt him badly. Let's see how much better the Duke is compared to the others.

Alright, then since you helped clear most of the path, the trip back through Parravon itself is pretty clear.  When you reach the forest itself...roll a d100
Got it.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:05 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 9

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:They grumble.
They appreciate the vote of confidence.
"Statement of fact, lads! Statement of fact!"

The gleams in their eyes is vaguely disturbing.
I laugh. "And if the ruling family isn't still alive, then you're double blessed because one of you boys might find yourself a king! After all, no man nor dwarf will ever disagree with conquering heroes!"

They look at you like you've gone mad, but they shrug, you haven't led them wrong yet.
Insane smile. "Believe me, you'll fight harder and enjoy the meat twice as much."

"WIT DA BIG BOSS!  WHERE DA BOSS STUNTIES USE TA SIT!  NOW STOP DAT I NEED DOSE BITZ!"
"Right." I look at the Ogers and walk past them giving them a pat as I go past. "Bon Appetit"

The literally simultaneous snarl of rage from 700 dwarf throats couldn't have been done better if choreographed.
"I think you'll need to hose off the throne."

Everyone present roars their support, their hearts either lightened by hope or blazed by the hope for combat.
And we strike!

Valten grins and grips his hammer.  Then pulling down the face plate of his gromril helmet, he bull rushes the gate, his hammer swinging round and round, seeming to gather energy to it.  When it hits they explode backwards at least 100 feet into the tunnels.  The greenskins are momentarily stunned and you hear the Bronzebrows muttering about how to repair that mess.
I hold up a card with "8.5" on it. Where I got it, I'm not quite sure...

Very Happy

And it works wonderfully, with you, Valten, and the ogres acting as a battering ram, the dwarfs are quick to fill in behind you.  The two of you even manage to sprint down the sides of the walls at the same time.  The men that came with you from Middenheim can only stare in awe at the raw power, speed, and ferocity the two of you exhibit.  Greenskins go down in their hundreds before you army.
I'm sure Huss is in Sigmarite heaven. If there was any doubt to Valten's identity is now drowned in Orc blood.

Two divine heroes kicking ass, and he's the one who was chosen to be the voice of Sigmar's faith.

Eventually though, with the guide of the dwarves and their photographic memory, you manage to find the throne room.  There are some of the biggest orcs you've seen yet in the room, while three of the biggest are holding an older female dwarf and a pair of younger dwarves both male who bear a resemblance to both this woman and King Kazador.
I screech to a stop.

The absolute biggest, Rogut obviously, lumbers up and snarls, "Ya's busts inta me home and kill me boyz and now yer in my frone room looking to tries and kills me?  Ya's eidda the dead hardest not orcs I'z evah seen or dah dumbest, so whatz d'ya wantz?  Doh I fink I'z a'ready knowz."  He looks back to the trio and they pulls ugly knives and hold them to the throats of all three dwarves.
I look over to Valten and whisper. "I want you to lift Ghal Maraz, close your eyes, and channel all of your might and spirit through it. I'm not fast enough to take them, but that goddamned thing is pure orc's bane. If you can get them to freeze in terror for just a moment I can cross the distance and free the hostages."

If that works. Then I do just that, I kill their guards and then once they're free I bid they run to hess and then charge the orc. Then I simply break his back. I don't kill him. No. He's a gift to a friend.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

"WEAKSAUCE!  UTTER AND COMPLETE WEAKSAUCE!
Gettin'a bit wordy there... :p

And away from it go though I make a note to remember any particular land marks.
Right.

NO NO It's quite alright as is.
Good lad.

I try and resist a shudder, then I snarl, "Don't think I didn't hear that!"
He knows you did.

"Then If one scouring isn't enough, then I'll do it again, and again, how ever many times it takes.  The Drakwald is my responsibility and I will not have this happen again on my watch.  EVER!"  I all but snarl that last bit.
Ar Ulric makes the sign of the wolf and Boris smiles. "You truly are Ulric's Champion."

"I'll lead you to it.  I made sure to remember where it was."
"Good. We have an expert here who will be more able than most to aid..."

They open a door and lead you into the sitting room. Sitting there, enjoying a smoke is a man in an elaborate robe with a golden mask.

"Lord Skarin Beowulfsson, High Magister Balthazar Gelt of the Gold Order, Patriarch of the Colleges of Imperial Magic."

The Mage Lord stands up and gives a slight bow. "The honor is mine. I've been told you have two truly extra ordinary blades and would humbly request the opportunity to examine them when it should be convenient."

Boris frowns a bit. "There's something else you must know..."

He explains the situation and Gelt seems to turn most grim. "Yes. That must be dealt with immediately. There are several men of the light order in the city who's expertise will be greatly valued in this case." he writes down a message. "Send this to them immediately and we shall be off."

He paues his eyes moving to your weapons. "Until they arrive though... may I?"

"Not as well but it shouldn't be too hard to find considering all the trees I ripped out of the ground and it wasn't that far away."
Borius laughs. "Might have to ask you to stop that before you uproot the entire wood!"

I blink for a moment, then I smile, "Thank you darlin' you're a more amazing woman than I ever thought to have in this life."
"It's my duty."

After that I unwind for as long as I can before heading back out with whatever force the Graf and the Ar-Ulric send to act as clean up.  I also make sure to check my lodging for any access tunnels of sewers, I know the goddam rodents are in the city already.  I just need to make sure that they think twice before coming after me.
There are tunnels to the sewer. They're called the latrines and gutters.

Anyways the response party is assembled before you can blink. Over 2 dozen men including a senior Cleric of Morr.

He explains it to Cosmina that while she's courageous, she does not yet have the power to deal with this kind of situation. Though her aid would be much valued and he commands the two or three subordinates with him to obey her despite their seniority in respect for you.

Cosmina looks like she's so embarrassed she could die. Not in a bad way just she's risen FAST.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:16 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Inventory:

You do have time to track the beastie down and it doesn't take long to find it. There it is, all eight legs and bigger than most horses in the South, and, from what you've heard from your fellows, faster than damn near anything. Meaner than damn near anything as well.

Even though you and the wolves are down wind from it, it rears its head and stares right at you and you know that it knows that you are there. It doesn't seem to want to run, how do you respond?
Well looks like it wants to meet face to face then. An if that horse has balls enough for that, who am I not give it at least that much. So with that, I walk out be myself after giving the wolves the command to stay here and head over to it with no fear and just lock eyes with it while I close the distance.

Then once I get within touching distance of the beast and I stare it down and if that fails, I do the Conan train of thought and give it a good punch in the face to show it who is boss. Though not enough to mess it up in any real way, but enough to give it really good idea who is the stronger on here. So then once it knows who is boss, I mount up on it bare back and ride back to my home.

If at any time this creature makes a break for it or tries to attack me. I'll either run it down and knock it out so I can carry back to my stable masters. Or block and laugh at it's blows as I man handle it to further prove my place above it in the order of things so it can understand who it now obeys.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Vargr Skarin

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name, 5 Gor heads

Brian Boru wrote:Well it doesn't take long for the wolves to finish their business, then they slink back into the forest within howling distance.

Your young noble companion simply stares...."Lady...what ...was...that...?"
"Hmm? The wolves? They're with me. I have a way with them, and it seemed a fair idea to not venture into this forest with just the two of us. As for the rest ..."

I shrug, and bash my axe and sword together to remove frozen blood from them.

"Now you see why I don't use these to spar."

I go check if there's anything left of the one spear I used, and grab it if it's reasonably intact, then proceed to go through what the Beastmen were carrying. To the victor go the spoils. If Mort's still not run away yet by then, or hasn't tried attacking me presuming I'm some kind of Chaos Champion, we continue on.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:01 am

OOC: Shouldn't it be the Duke of Montfort?
Both are present.

I give a respectful bow to the Duke. "Of course sir, I would be honored."

I won't underestimate him, but I'll hold back still, I really don't want to hurt him badly. Let's see how much better the Duke is compared to the others.
When you fight, the Duke is good...VERY GOOD... you're actually taken aback for a moment, but you take it up another notch and soon the two of you are fighting ferociously, at least to the eyes of those watching. The two of you are actually enjoying yourselves. You can still overwhelm the man if you wish though you might need to exert yourself. Do you?

Got it.

...why can't I be that lucky...

Either way it's only a few days of travel before your elvish companion stops and calls out to the heartbeats and the off-human smell you've had on the edge of your senses since that morning.

A moment later and another elf, very similar to the ones you'd met before, but wilder looking leaps out of a tree.

He looks the two of you over, "Why does a Norscan and one of our kin from over the mountains wander into Athel Loren?"

It's obvious that he expects your acquaintence to answer, you're a meat shield in his eyes.

Psyckosama wrote:"Statement of fact, lads! Statement of fact!"
Heh

I laugh. "And if the ruling family isn't still alive, then you're double blessed because one of you boys might find yourself a king! After all, no man nor dwarf will ever disagree with conquering heroes!"
They give you a few looks at that.

Insane smile. "Believe me, you'll fight harder and enjoy the meat twice as much."
...that gives them pause....eh why not... of course that doesn't last too long, though much longer than most would have expected, they wake up irascible at least more so the next morning missing their normal amount of grub.

"Right." I look at the Ogers and walk past them giving them a pat as I go past. "Bon Appetit"
To give the orc credit, it gives an incredible fight with only it's teeth and bleeding stumps for hands and toes. Still gets eaten but the ogres have a few bite marks on them.

"I think you'll need to hose off the throne."
Grimaces and snorts.

I hold up a card with "8.5" on it. Where I got it, I'm not quite sure...

Very Happy
A couple of Dwarves give "the fuck" looks but otherwise is ignored.

I'm sure Huss is in Sigmarite heaven. If there was any doubt to Valten's identity is now drowned in Orc blood.

Two divine heroes kicking ass, and he's the one who was chosen to be the voice of Sigmar's faith.
He'd likely orgasm if he wasn't so religious.

I screech to a stop.
The ogres crash into you.

I look over to Valten and whisper. "I want you to lift Ghal Maraz, close your eyes, and channel all of your might and spirit through it. I'm not fast enough to take them, but that goddamned thing is pure orc's bane. If you can get them to freeze in terror for just a moment I can cross the distance and free the hostages."

If that works. Then I do just that, I kill their guards and then once they're free I bid they run to hess and then charge the orc. Then I simply break his back. I don't kill him. No. He's a gift to a friend.

Valten nods and begins to build up a charge, the hammer begins to pulse with a golden glow, slowly at first, then faster and faster and brighter and brighter, the light show grabs all of the greenskins' attention. Then it goes dim for a moment, then the brightest and most awe inspiring flash of light fills the entire room. When you can see again, you see that every single orc in the room is down for the count, struck by utter terror, true terror, not taktikul retreat terror.

The smaller ones you think might be dead, their hearts busted from the horror of it all.

Rotgut is still standing, the only one, but a gnat's fart could knock him over right now. He's hit with far worse...you...

The dwarves flood in after you dispatching the rest of the orcs and seeing to the queen for queen she is and the two youngest sons of King Kazador. The woman, actually attractive even by human standards, though it's hard to see behind the punishment she's taken, shakes off the folk giving her what aid they can and walks, slowly, painfully, but stubbornly to the two of you. She looks at Rotgutt for a moment before she looks to you and Valten then she bows, "Thank-you," a smooth alto voice all but whispers, "Thank-you from the bottom of my heart."

Now she turns back to the orc that had been the source of all her pain, and she, with incredible strength considering her condition, snatches a greenskin club and makes to brain the crippled warlord.

Do you stop her?

Gettin'a bit wordy there... :p
And you don't? lol! 

He knows you did.
Snarl.

Ar Ulric makes the sign of the wolf and Boris smiles. "You truly are Ulric's Champion."
I smile the most feral smile I can.

"Good. We have an expert here who will be more able than most to aid..."
I raise an eyebrow in curiosity.

They open a door and lead you into the sitting room. Sitting there, enjoying a smoke is a man in an elaborate robe with a golden mask.
....oh....

"Lord Skarin Beowulfsson, High Magister Balthazar Gelt of the Gold Order, Patriarch of the Colleges of Imperial Magic."

The Mage Lord stands up and gives a slight bow. "The honor is mine. I've been told you have two truly extra ordinary blades and would humbly request the opportunity to examine them when it should be convenient."
I bow in return, "A pleasure to make your acquaintance Patriarch. And yes I have them you might be a little...impressed with them or at least I hope so."

Boris frowns a bit. "There's something else you must know..."

He explains the situation and Gelt seems to turn most grim. "Yes. That must be dealt with immediately. There are several men of the light order in the city who's expertise will be greatly valued in this case." he writes down a message. "Send this to them immediately and we shall be off."

He paues his eyes moving to your weapons. "Until they arrive though... may I?"
The growing grimace at the reminder of the carnage in the Drakwald vanishes when he asks, "Of course." I present them, "If you want to hold them I should warn you they're a might heavy."

Borius laughs. "Might have to ask you to stop that before you uproot the entire wood!"
I laugh as well, "Eh it's just a few, there's still millions of them out there."

"It's my duty."
Still appreciate it.

There are tunnels to the sewer. They're called the latrines and gutters.
Ah. can the rodents get through them?

Anyways the response party is assembled before you can blink. Over 2 dozen men including a senior Cleric of Morr.

He explains it to Cosmina that while she's courageous, she does not yet have the power to deal with this kind of situation. Though her aid would be much valued and he commands the two or three subordinates with him to obey her despite their seniority in respect for you.

Cosmina looks like she's so embarrassed she could die. Not in a bad way just she's risen FAST.
I smile, my girl's getting up in the world. Though I do ask her how she's holding up when we've got a moment alone.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Inventory:

Well looks like it wants to meet face to face then. An if that horse has balls enough for that, who am I not give it at least that much. So with that, I walk out be myself after giving the wolves the command to stay here and head over to it with no fear and just lock eyes with it while I close the distance.

Then once I get within touching distance of the beast and I stare it down and if that fails, I do the Conan train of thought and give it a good punch in the face to show it who is boss. Though not enough to mess it up in any real way, but enough to give it really good idea who is the stronger on here. So then once it knows who is boss, I mount up on it bare back and ride back to my home.

If at any time this creature makes a break for it or tries to attack me. I'll either run it down and knock it out so I can carry back to my stable masters. Or block and laugh at it's blows as I man handle it to further prove my place above it in the order of things so it can understand who it now obeys.
The horse stares you down not flinching when you try and stare it into submission. When you strike it, you think it might have been a bit stunned and amazed at what the fuck just happened. It gets back up and while it hasn't lost any pride it does seem a bit more relaxed out of all things and lets you mount it.

Then he neighs and bolts at top speed, trying to make you fall off it. It's fast incredibly fast, you'd have to be going full tilt to confidently beat this bastard.

But amazingly you hold on and by the time you get back to the settlement, it seems the horse has accepted you riding on it.

"Hmm? The wolves? They're with me. I have a way with them, and it seemed a fair idea to not venture into this forest with just the two of us. As for the rest ..."
"A way with them he say...."

I shrug, and bash my axe and sword together to remove frozen blood from them.

"Now you see why I don't use these to spar."
"...indeed..."

I go check if there's anything left of the one spear I used, and grab it if it's reasonably intact, then proceed to go through what the Beastmen were carrying. To the victor go the spoils. If Mort's still not run away yet by then, or hasn't tried attacking me presuming I'm some kind of Chaos Champion, we continue on.
It's in one piece...but it's a REALLY ratty spear

Not much is found on this beast men that's worth taking, this IS the Artois.

Further and further you go into the Artois, roll a d100.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:They give you a few looks at that.
"Hey, it worked for Karak Azgul"

...that gives them pause....eh why not... of course that doesn't last too long, though much longer than most would have expected, they wake up irascible at least more so the next morning missing their normal amount of grub.
Do they fight harder?

To give the orc credit, it gives an incredible fight with only it's teeth and bleeding stumps for hands and toes.  Still gets eaten but the ogres have a few bite marks on them.
Heh.

Grimaces and snorts.
I chuckle with them. "Come on boys, lets do this."

He'd likely orgasm if he wasn't so religious.
Rapture moment then?

The ogres crash into you.
And its like hitting a wall I guess.

Valten nods and begins to build up a charge, the hammer begins to pulse with a golden glow, slowly at first, then faster and faster and brighter and brighter, the light show grabs all of the greenskins' attention.  Then it goes dim for a moment, then the brightest and most awe inspiring flash of light fills the entire room.  When you can see again, you see that every single orc in the room is down for the count, struck by utter terror, true terror, not taktikul retreat terror.  
I give him a clap on the shoulder. "Thank you, brother."

The smaller ones you think might be dead, their hearts busted from the horror of it all.
Bah.

Rotgut is still standing, the only one, but a gnat's fart could knock him over right now.  He's hit with far worse...you...
I walk up to him and flick him in the forehead hard enough to send him ass over kettle."

The dwarves flood in after you dispatching the rest of the orcs and seeing to the queen for queen she is and the two youngest sons of King Kazador.  The woman, actually attractive even by human standards, though it's hard to see behind the punishment she's taken, shakes off the folk giving her what aid they can and walks, slowly, painfully, but stubbornly to the two of you.  She looks at Rotgutt for a moment before she looks to you and Valten then she bows, "Thank-you," a smooth alto voice all but whispers, "Thank-you from the bottom of my heart."
I bow deeply to her. "The honor was mine, m'lady."

I look over to the Ogres "Prepare a litter for the lady and her kin.."

Now she turns back to the orc that had been the source of all her pain, and she, with incredible strength considering her condition, snatches a greenskin club and makes to brain the crippled warlord.

Do you stop her?
"M'lady, I'd humbly suggest refraining for the moment. Your husband will want to see this..."

And you don't? lol! 
Guilty as charged!

But I meant you were turning a short in battle banter into a full critique of his battle cry.

I smile the most feral smile I can.
You convince them a bit more...

I raise an eyebrow in curiosity.
Boris looks amused.

I bow in return, "A pleasure to make your acquaintance Patriarch.  And yes I have them you might be a little...impressed with them or at least I hope so."
He looks quite pleased at the thought.

The growing grimace at the reminder of the carnage in the Drakwald vanishes when he asks, "Of course."  I present them, "If you want to hold them I should warn you they're a might heavy."
"I believe I will be alright..."

And he seems to be able to hold them with little problem... but he's almost knocked over by their power. You swear the eyebrows on his mask rise he's so dumbfounded by them...

"A man could dedicate his life to the study of such arms, come to no great discovery as to their deeper nature, and even then it would not be a lifetime wasted."

I laugh as well, "Eh it's just a few, there's still millions of them out there."
"Still, it frightens the peasants."

Ah.  can the rodents get through them?
Theoretically...

I smile, my girl's getting up in the world.  Though I do ask her how she's holding up when we've got a moment alone.
"Overwhelmed"

Not long ago she was just a frightened Sylvanian girl running away from monsters... she never expected to be the consort of what amounts to a living god. Not that she's complaining.

Anyways, d100

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Both are present.
Oh, got it.

When you fight, the Duke is good...VERY GOOD... you're actually taken aback for a moment, but you take it up another notch and soon the two of you are fighting ferociously, at least to the eyes of those watching.
To those that are not as skilled or as blessed (I'm guessing Bretonnian dukes are rather blessed, not nearly to the extent of the Grail Knights, but still a notch above most Knights of the Realm) as the either of us, this match must seem like a near blizzard of blows and counter strikes and parrying between the two combatants, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that a Bretonnian Duke is this skilled.

The two of you are actually enjoying yourselves.
This sparring *is* alot more enjoyable then plowing my way through goblins, that's for sure. There is of course satisfaction in killing Beastmen and Orcs and other forces of disorder, but this is quite fun nonetheless. There's finally a person that can at least partly keep up with me. Smile 

You can still overwhelm the man if you wish though you might need to exert yourself. Do you?
The duke can probably tell that I'm holding back, and if I let him win or something like that by not trying harder, it'll be rather bad. So, I'll take it up a notch and see if I can finish this. Of course, I'll make sure to keep control of my strength so that I don't break his bones or something like that.

...why can't I be that lucky...
Heh. Razz 

Either way it's only a few days of travel before your elvish companion stops and calls out to the heartbeats and the off-human smell you've had on the edge of your senses since that morning.

A moment later and another elf, very similar to the ones you'd met before, but wilder looking leaps out of a tree.

He looks the two of you over, "Why does a Norscan and one of our kin from over the mountains wander into Athel Loren?"
Again with the Norscan. Sad Razz 

Anyways, this is my companion's bit. There's also likely a ton of other elves in the trees with bows ready.

It's obvious that he expects your acquaintence to answer, you're a meat shield in his eyes.
Typical elf. Oh well, might as well let him have his preconception. I don't want to get into a argument with a Elf.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:"A way with them he say...."
"Given where we're going, a few dozen sets of eyes and ears to keep watch, night or day, seemed like a good idea."

It's in one piece...but it's a REALLY ratty spear
Can still use in setting up camp, or to hang a pot on the end, or something.

Not much is found on this beast men that's worth taking, this IS the Artois.

Further and further you go into the Artois, roll a d100.
rollan
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 28

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:03 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:
Time: 12 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Inventory:

The horse stares you down not flinching when you try and stare it into submission. When you strike it, you think it might have been a bit stunned and amazed at what the fuck just happened. It gets back up and while it hasn't lost any pride it does seem a bit more relaxed out of all things and lets you mount it.

Then he neighs and bolts at top speed, trying to make you fall off it. It's fast incredibly fast, you'd have to be going full tilt to confidently beat this bastard.

But amazingly you hold on and by the time you get back to the settlement, it seems the horse has accepted you riding on it.
Well all things considered, that went a lot better then I hoped and the new steed should help with the coming tasks ahead of me. Though it will need a name and barding before we can leave on our trip, so once back home I drop it off with the stable masters and task them to get some plate barding for the beast, while I head off to get my final things in order for the trip and think of a proper name for my steed.

Then once the final day comes for me and my men to gather, I say my good byes to those I leave behind and gather my gear with my mount and steed Fimbulvetr. To meet my men and two wolves of my pack for our quest and finally head out to the World Edge Mountains.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Hey, it worked for Karak Azgul"

More grumble abound.

Do they fight harder?

They want food more than usual...WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?!?!?!?!?

I chuckle with them. "Come on boys, lets do this."

And the blood FLOWS!

Rapture moment then?

Better fit and much more likely.

Yup. Complete with cartoonish pileup

I give him a clap on the shoulder. "Thank you, brother."

He grins and continues to wheeze for a moment.

Bah.

Heh

I walk up to him and flick him in the forehead hard enough to send him ass over kettle."

He rolls backwards hard enough that he slams into his seat, feet in the air and head where his posterior normally is.

I bow deeply to her. "The honor was mine, m'lady."

Once that's done the three family members simply embrace each other the stress taking their toll.

I look over to the Ogres "Prepare a litter for the lady and her kin.."

It's quickly done and solid and comfortable enough...but Sigmar's Balls is it UGLY looking.

"M'lady, I'd humbly suggest refraining for the moment. Your husband will want to see this..."

You can almost literally see fire ignite in her eyes before she drops the bludgeon and nods in agreement.

What now? Secure the hold or return the family. Might miss a bit of looting if you take the family.

Guilty as charged!

But I meant you were turning a short in battle banter into a full critique of his battle cry.

eh was trying to mock him...but good point.

You convince them a bit more...

Heh

Boris looks amused.

Well I'll find out soon enough.

He looks quite pleased at the thought.

This ought to be good.

"I believe I will be alright..."

And he seems to be able to hold them with little problem... but he's almost knocked over by their power. You swear the eyebrows on his mask rise he's so dumbfounded by them...

"A man could dedicate his life to the study of such arms, come to no great discovery as to their deeper nature, and even then it would not be a lifetime wasted."

I let him study them for a moment, "So is there anything you can figure out from the first glance over?"

"Still, it frightens the peasants."

"True, flying trees have that trait."

Theoretically...

...great... need to clear out some rodents then if I have some spare time.

"Overwhelmed"

Not long ago she was just a frightened Sylvanian girl running away from monsters... she never expected to be the consort of what amounts to a living god. Not that she's complaining.

"And two years ago I was worried about whether the next raid would let me set myself up with a farm back home....and now I'm a damn Baron of the Empire and favored by the Elector count of Middenland...and apparently the Chosen of Ulric... So I think I know the feeling, but I'm certainly not complaining either." I kiss her, "I don't know where this high road'll take, but I'm glad I'm not going it alone."

Anyways, d100

Dice gods don't fail me now!

Oh, got it.

Kool

To those that are not as skilled or as blessed (I'm guessing Bretonnian dukes are rather blessed, not nearly to the extent of the Grail Knights, but still a notch above most Knights of the Realm) as the either of us, this match must seem like a near blizzard of blows and counter strikes and parrying between the two combatants, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that a Bretonnian Duke is this skilled.

It's certainly one for the bards...

This sparring *is* alot more enjoyable then plowing my way through goblins, that's for sure. There is of course satisfaction in killing Beastmen and Orcs and other forces of disorder, but this is quite fun nonetheless. There's finally a person that can at least partly keep up with me. Smile 

And he likely hasn't met many who can match him blade for blade.

The duke can probably tell that I'm holding back, and if I let him win or something like that by not trying harder, it'll be rather bad. So, I'll take it up a notch and see if I can finish this. Of course, I'll make sure to keep control of my strength so that I don't break his bones or something like that.

You actually have to take it up twice before you finally overwhelm him, but he isn't sore about it instead, he's glad to have had the chance to have a spar with such a powerful and honorable warrior. The rest of the folk are incredibly impressed with your abilities.

Again with the Norscan. Sad Razz 

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 23 Skarin

This is you now...what do you THINK they see you as?

Anyways, this is my companion's bit. There's also likely a ton of other elves in the trees with bows ready.

Indeed there are more than just a few.

Typical elf. Oh well, might as well let him have his preconception. I don't want to get into a argument with a Elf.

It only takes a few minutes before she manages to calm things down and your quest is explained. When that's heard the Athel Loren Elf's eyes widen in horror and they immediately lower their bows. The two of you are told that you'll be brought to a meeting of the Elven Clan leaders, that will be called. You however need to be bound and blindfolded. Your friend seems to be actually a little upset for you. Seems you've warmed to her at least a little bit.

[quote"Given where we're going, a few dozen sets of eyes and ears to keep watch, night or day, seemed like a good idea."[/quote]

Well when you put it that way. Still makes him more than a little nervous.

Can still use in setting up camp, or to hang a pot on the end, or something.

True.

As you move further into the forest, you hear the sound of hoof beats, hiding behind a tree before looking out, you spot a Bretonnian knight with a symbol simliar to the Artois Boar on his sheild. He looks a little battered but otherwise alright and he's riding like the demons of hell on riding down on him. Though if you strain your ears or listen to the wolves the demons seems to be in the direction he riding.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Inventory:

Well all things considered, that went a lot better then I hoped and the new steed should help with the coming tasks ahead of me. Though it will need a name and barding before we can leave on our trip, so once back home I drop it off with the stable masters and task them to get some plate barding for the beast, while I head off to get my final things in order for the trip and think of a proper name for my steed.

Barding is quickly cobbled together, and when you ride out again on the stallion the entire army roars your name as those horses are rare and the only horses in the world that can outclass even Bretonnian horses in every single way possible. What do you plan to name it?

Then once the final day comes for me and my men to gather, I say my good byes to those I leave behind and gather my gear with my mount and steed Fimbulvetr. To meet my men and two wolves of my pack for our quest and finally head out to the World Edge Mountains.

You say your good-byes including a toe curling kiss and a promise on the life growing in her to do all in your power to come back hale and whole.

Then with with a bray you set off the wolves competing with Fimbulvetr in a run before finally conceding defeat after 20 miles. The rest of the band soon catches up with their own less aweinspiring Northern Horses, hardy, strong and quick, but something of an embarrassment compared to empire warhorses or even Bretonnian horses.

Roll a d100
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:23 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:
Fimbulvetr: Great sleipnir stallion in plate barding

Inventory:

Brian Boru wrote:You say your good-byes including a toe curling kiss and a promise on the life growing in her to do all in your power to come back hale and whole.

Then with with a bray you set off the wolves competing with Fimbulvetr in a run before finally conceding defeat after 20 miles.  The rest of the band soon catches up with their own less awe inspiring Northern Horses, hardy, strong and quick, but something of an embarrassment compared to empire warhorses or even Bretonnian horses.

Roll a d100
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4353033/
1d100 → [69] = (69)
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:29 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:Well when you put it that way.  Still makes him more than a little nervous.

That's understandable.

As you move further into the forest, you hear the sound of hoof beats, hiding behind a tree before looking out, you spot a Bretonnian knight with a symbol simliar to the Artois Boar on his sheild.  He looks a little battered but otherwise alright and he's riding like the demons of hell on riding down on him. Though if you strain your ears or listen to the wolves the demons seems to be in the direction he riding.

Seems like someone's eager for battle. We follow him, and I send some wolves to scout ahead in that direction.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
They want food more than usual...WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?!?!?!?!?

They're probably fighting with the strength and rage of 10 ogres each.

"Told you boys it would work. Remember this. A little fast before battle leads to an endless feast afterwards!"

Rapture moment then?

I grin at him. "Can't wait to hear the story you write about this fight!"

Better fit and much more likely.

Okay.

Yup.  Complete with cartoonish pileup

He grins and continues to wheeze for a moment.

"You recover for a moment. I'll finish them."

He rolls backwards hard enough that he slams into his seat, feet in the air and head where his posterior normally is.

"Someone bind that tub of shit for transport."

Once that's done the three family members simply embrace each other the stress taking their toll.

I smile warmly. "And this is what made it all worth while. The Gold's nice, and with it much can be accomplished, but in the end it is simply metal that glitters. Pretty, but its value is but what we give it. This is the true reward. This is what is truly precious."

It's quickly done and solid and comfortable enough...but Sigmar's Balls is it UGLY looking.

We're not going for comfort here. We're going for 'Get them out of the warzone'

You can almost literally see fire ignite in her eyes before she drops the bludgeon and nods in agreement.

"Though I agree his head should be yours as your grudge is greatest. And not with a convenient bludgeon, but with the axe of your ancestors that the slight your families honor might be repaid twice over."

What now?  Secure the hold or return the family.  Might miss a bit of looting if you take the family.

My job was to break the Orcs. To shatter their ability to put up a defense. At this point I've done that. The Orcs have either fled the mountain, fled into the tunnels, or have been killed. At this point is simply a tunnel by tunnel, chamber by chamber mop up operation. A slow, painful grind The stuff that takes time and that Dwarfs excel.

As for the looting, we agreed on the shares and cuts. I trust Dwarfs to follow their word of honor.

I let him study them for a moment, "So is there anything you can figure out from the first glance over?"

"This is no weapon crafted by man nor dwarf nor even elf and is of mind numbing power."

"True, flying trees have that trait."

Grunt.

...great... need to clear out some rodents then if I have some spare time.

Try not to bring down the roof. There's a city up there."

"And two years ago I was worried about whether the next raid would let me set myself up with a farm back home....and now I'm a damn Baron of the Empire and favored by the Elector count of Middenland...and apparently the Chosen of Ulric...  So I think I know the feeling, but I'm certainly not complaining either."  I kiss her, "I don't know where this high road'll take, but I'm glad I'm not going it alone."

And you end up in bed. Again.

Dice gods don't fail me now!

Actually everything goes pretty much to plan.

You go in, the area is cleansed and the bodies are blessed and taken for proper burial.

The tomb built for them is rather simple but tasteful. It's a simple stone pillar on a statue base. Fast to make, but tasteful.

"Here lie the innocents of Middenland, taken before their time. May they find peace in Morr's embrace."

It also has a message that

"Let this monument stands as a reminder that the Fell powers take, but never give. Only by standing as one can we hold them at bay. Only by standing tall can we protect that which is ours. For the sake of the children."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:00 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:
Fimbulvetr: Great sleipnir stallion in plate barding

Inventory:

For the first few weeks traveling through the southern stretches of Norsca, you do alright, then one night, as you're laying down for the knight, you hear a whistling sound.  Looking up you spot the silhouette of a massive boulder heading right for you.

You manage to deflect the damn thing but you're soon forced to deal with another.  You also hear gigantic bellowing in the dim night, apparently you just got ambushed by at least two giants....oh the humiliation...

That's understandable.

Heh

Seems like someone's eager for battle. We follow him, and I send some wolves to scout ahead in that direction.

After a few minutes of travel, you find a small battle taking place in a slightly open area.  Roughly 4 knights and 20 men at arms are fighting a large band of 100 beast men, the vast number of them brays (hornless) though some ungors (little horns) and gors (big horns) are among them as well.  You spot the battered knight charging headlong into the fray though the battle seems to change little what do you do?

Psyckosama wrote:They're probably fighting with the strength and rage of 10 ogres each.

"Told you boys it would work. Remember this. A little fast before battle leads to an endless feast afterwards!"

Utter misery in the meantime.

I grin at him. "Can't wait to hear the story you write about this fight!"

Big grin.

"You recover for a moment. I'll finish them."

He nods and stands back up to prevent stitches.

"Someone bind that tub of shit for transport."

Rope is quickly provided, where the hell it came from...no one asks.

I smile warmly. "And this is what made it all worth while. The Gold's nice, and with it much can be accomplished, but in the end it is simply metal that glitters. Pretty, but its value is but what we give it. This is the true reward. This is what is truly precious."

Some dwarves look at you a little odd at the flippancy for the gold, but they can't deny the end statement.

We're not going for comfort here. We're going for 'Get them out of the warzone'

True, but any wood worker worth their tools would have a coronary.

"Though I agree his head should be yours as your grudge is greatest. And not with a convenient bludgeon, but with the axe of your ancestors that the slight your families honor might be repaid twice over."

Yes she's behind it now, besides she just wants to go home.

My job was to break the Orcs. To shatter their ability to put up a defense. At this point I've done that. The Orcs have either fled the mountain, fled into the tunnels, or have been killed. At this point is simply a tunnel by tunnel, chamber by chamber mop up operation. A slow, painful grind The stuff that takes time and that Dwarfs excel.

As for the looting, we agreed on the shares and cuts. I trust Dwarfs to follow their word of honor.

Point, the dwarves that came along quickly set up a stronghold based in the throne room though an exit route is also secured.  From their they'll begin their clearing out of the holds.

Now to get the royals back home.  You quickly set off...

(I'll roll just to keep this going....)

http://nowroll.appspot.com/rolls/agdub3dyb2xschELEghEaWNlUm9sbBiOissEDA

=89....Eeesh....

During the trek back you're set upon by a lighting storm, the rain battering your band while you struggle to keep your footing and prevent your...device from topping over and dumping every friend you have in this world over the edge.  You stop a moment to shake some water out of your hair, and you thank your stars because a moment later a massive boulder lands right infront of your party.  Looking up you see to your shock that a trio of Dragon Ogres (not Shaggoths) are thundering down the side of the mountain, their axes held high, you can't fight them without risk to the cart toppling over the side and you can't move fast enough in this storm to run without slipping, what do you do?

"This is no weapon crafted by man nor dwarf nor even elf and is of mind numbing power."

"So...is it of divine make then?"  I got a damn good idea what it's going to be from though I keep a proper face on.

Grunt.

Smirk.

Try not to bring down the roof. There's a city up there.

"I'll keep it to bone shattering instead of bone liquefying force then."  A perfectly straight face here.

And you end up in bed. Again.

...at this rate we might need a loose-fitting dress for the wedding.... Cool  Embarassed 

Actually everything goes pretty much to plan.

Phew...

You go in, the area is cleansed and the bodies are blessed and taken for proper burial.

The tomb built for them is rather simple but tasteful. It's a simple stone pillar on a statue base. Fast to make, but tasteful.

"Here lie the innocents of Middenland, taken before their time. May they find peace in Morr's embrace."

It also has a message that

"Let this monument stands as a reminder that the Fell powers take, but never give. Only by standing as one can we hold them at bay. Only by standing tall can we protect that which is ours. For the sake of the children."

Standing in front of the pillar I place a hand on it and say in a low voice, "I am sorry that your lives were snatched away so soon, if I could have I would never have let it happened.  But I promise, by my strength and my honor, that I will have justice and vengeance for what was done here.  I will hunt down whoever did this and make sure they can never do anything so heinous again.  May you rest and play in Morr's realm while you wait for your families."

Turning away I get to work...I intend to track these bastards down...

Considering how many children were...used for this, there's no way in hell someone didn't notice the abductions.  I make inquiries about reports of missing children and massive violence, because Khornates ARE NOT SUBTLE there is going to be news about this.

Otherwise I'll wait for the last expert to come and see what the hell I have on my hands, then I'm going on a little hunting trip.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:Utter misery in the meantime.

True, but they'll be in utter joy after.

Big grin.

Pat on the back.

He nods and stands back up to prevent stitches.

And much ass is kicked.

Rope is quickly provided, where the hell it came from...no one asks.

Alright.

Some dwarves look at you a little odd at the flippancy for the gold, but they can't deny the end statement.

Shrug. Different cultural standards.

True, but any wood worker worth their tools would have a coronary.

Well, good thing Dwarfs don't work wood.

Yes she's behind it now, besides she just wants to go home.

We're on our way out.

I arrange for them to get change and a bath. It wouldn't do for them to return looking anything but regal.

Point, the dwarves that came along quickly set up a stronghold based in the throne room though an exit route is also secured.  From their they'll begin their clearing out of the holds.

"Good luck friends. One day I hope to return to find these halls filled with the laughing of children, not the foul stench of greenskins."

Now to get the royals back home.  You quickly set off...

(I'll roll just to keep this going....)

http://nowroll.appspot.com/rolls/agdub3dyb2xschELEghEaWNlUm9sbBiOissEDA

=89....Eeesh....

During the trek back you're set upon by a lighting storm, the rain battering your band while you struggle to keep your footing and prevent your...device from topping over and dumping every friend you have in this world over the edge.  You stop a moment to shake some water out of your hair, and you thank your stars because a moment later a massive boulder lands right infront of your party.  Looking up you see to your shock that a trio of Dragon Ogres (not Shaggoths) are thundering down the side of the mountain, their axes held high, you can't fight them without risk to the cart toppling over the side and you can't move fast enough in this storm to run without slipping, what do you do?

SOCCERBALL!

I kick the rock into thier midst as hard as I can. Hopefully I'll kill one or two.l

I use the delay to put down my carrying cart and then just to make sure I drive my sword through part of the woodwork and into the earth up to the hilt to pin it to the very stone to ensure it doesn't fall while I'm busy.

"Dragon Ogres! Protect the royals!"

Then I CHARGE with my axe drawn.

"Look at you!" I scream, "Scions of a proud race, reduced to what? Slaves of Chaos! Is this what you want the history of your race to be? Let us pass and I'll let you live. Forsake the fell gods and I will do all I can to restore your people. Challenge me and I will destroy you utterly!"

If they challange me I destroy them...

And do they have... dragon souls?

"So...is it of divine make then?"  I got a damn good idea what it's going to be from though I keep a proper face on.

"I never said that... but it may very well be.."

"I'll keep it to bone shattering instead of bone liquefying force then."  A perfectly straight face here.

That was GM/Player discussion.

...at this rate we might need a loose-fitting dress for the wedding.... Cool  Embarassed 

She's taking herbs... though she's visiting the apothecary. A lot.

Standing in front of the pillar I place a hand on it and say in a low voice, "I am sorry that your lives were snatched away so soon, if I could have I would never have let it happened.  But I promise, by my strength and my honor, that I will have justice and vengeance for what was done here.  I will hunt down whoever did this and make sure they can never do anything so heinous again.  May you rest and play in Morr's realm while you wait for your families."

Turning away I get to work...I intend to track these bastards down...

Considering how many children were...used for this, there's no way in hell someone didn't notice the abductions.  I make inquiries about reports of missing children and massive violence, because Khornates ARE NOT SUBTLE there is going to be news about this.

Otherwise I'll wait for the last expert to come and see what the hell I have on my hands, then I'm going on a little hunting trip.

Several outlying villages and farms around the area were hit... mostly it was isolated households and travelers.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:True, but they'll be in utter joy after.

Point

Pat on the back.

kool

And much ass is kicked.

Indeed it is...

Shrug. Different cultural standards.

Eyup

Well, good thing Dwarfs don't work wood.

Dwarf: What do you think we are? ELVES!

We're on our way out.

I arrange for them to get change and a bath. It wouldn't do for them to return looking anything but regal.

While they're still far from healthy they DO look more alive after being cleaned up.

"Good luck friends. One day I hope to return to find these halls filled with the laughing of children, not the foul stench of greenskins."

They hope so as well and bid farewell and good luck.

SOCCERBALL!

I kick the rock into thier midst as hard as I can. Hopefully I'll kill one or two.l

One does actually get flattened. The look of confusion at that boulder makes you scream obscenities at the lose of cameras when you came to this world. The others grind to a halt one actually tripping and tumbling down the mountain past you. Leaving the last one to face you alone.

I use the delay to put down my carrying cart and then just to make sure I drive my sword through part of the woodwork and into the earth up to the hilt to pin it to the very stone to ensure it doesn't fall while I'm busy.

Done.

"Dragon Ogres! Protect the royals!"

Everyone grabs their weapons.

Then I CHARGE with my axe drawn.

"Look at you!" I scream, "Scions of a proud race, reduced to what? Slaves of Chaos! Is this what you want the history of your race to be? Let us pass and I'll let you live. Forsake the fell gods and I will do all I can to restore your people. Challenge me and I will destroy you utterly!"

If they challange me I destroy them...

The last Dragon Ogre still on the slope snarls and charges down to face you. It swings it's mighty battle axe right for your head...which is easily batted away with your sword and one leg chopped off with your battle ax which sends the beast tumbling down the mountain side pouring blood and screaming off into the black depths below.

As you watch the final body tumble down the slope a glow and chant suddenly bombard your senses, the one that was crushed by the boulder suddenly disintegrates into bones that rapidly crumble to dust and waves of energy suddenly flow into you.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/02/Skryim-Trailer-Analysis-27-Dragon-Soul.jpg

A handful of heartbeats later another two streams of light flow up from where the Dragon Ogres fell and the process is repeated...

just won...3 dragon ogre souls legal tender in shout purchasing and equivalent to equal number of dovah souls.

Roll a d100 for the rest of the trip.

"I never said that... but it may very well be.."

"Any ideas of what might have done this? I mean not even Ghal Mharaz could to do what this did to me."

That was GM/Player discussion.

Remove quotations then.

She's taking herbs... though she's visiting the apothecary. A lot.

Dear lord the owner must be tittering like a school girl...

Several outlying villages and farms around the area were hit... mostly it was isolated households and travelers.

Any similarities, individuals, attack styles, places where travelars were hit. I try and pin point them on a map and figure out where these bastards could be using as a base, even if they're gone, there might be some clues as to where they went. I won't go too far after them, not until Cosmina is safely back in Middenheim, but I do see about some trackers hell I'll see what can be done to get a reliable and competant WITCH HUNTER in on this if that's what it takes, though I will drop the last one if everyone else considers that suicidally stupid.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:Dwarf: What do you think we are? ELVES!

I laugh. "No, you don't like like a prissy bunch of wine drinking nancys to me."

While they're still far from healthy they DO look more alive after being cleaned up.

Double share of rations and I make sure there's a good cask of Dwarf ale to sate their thirsts.

One does actually get flattened.  The look of confusion at that boulder makes you scream obscenities at the lose of cameras when you came to this world.  The others grind to a halt one actually tripping and tumbling down the mountain past you.  Leaving the last one to face you alone.

Heh. I'm just so good."

The last Dragon Ogre still on the slope snarls and charges down to face you.  It swings it's mighty battle axe right for your head...which is easily batted away with your sword and one leg chopped off with your battle ax which sends the beast tumbling down the mountain side pouring blood and screaming off into the black depths below.

I shake my head.

As you watch the final body tumble down the slope a glow and chant suddenly bombard your senses, the one that was crushed by the boulder suddenly disintegrates into bones that rapidly crumble to dust and waves of energy suddenly flow into you.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/02/Skryim-Trailer-Analysis-27-Dragon-Soul.jpg

A handful of heartbeats later another two streams of light flow up from where the Dragon Ogres fell and the process is repeated...

just won...3 dragon ogre souls legal tender in shout purchasing and equivalent to equal number of dovah souls.[/quote]

I explain what happened to the others... and that I'm protected from the effects of chaos. Basically what happened is basically I just laid claim to the power of their souls.

I do explain to the royals what a Dovahkin is... Basically the blood of my mother... a Mortal born with the soul of a dragon

I'll have to meditate on the Thu'um.

Roll a d100 for the rest of the trip.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

"Any ideas of what might have done this?  I mean not even Ghal Mharaz could to do what this did to me."

"I don't know."

Dear lord the owner must be tittering like a school girl...

She's your betrothed and they're not to strict about before marriage as long as there is one.

Any similarities, individuals, attack styles, places where travelars were hit.  I try and pin point them on a map and figure out where these bastards could be using as a base, even if they're gone, there might be some clues as to where they went.  I won't go too far after them, not until Cosmina is safely back in Middenheim, but I do see about some trackers hell I'll see what can be done to get a reliable and competant WITCH HUNTER in on this if that's what it takes, though I will drop the last one if everyone else considers that suicidally stupid.

d100

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:30 am

http://nowroll.appspot.com/rolls/agdub3dyb2xschELEghEaWNlUm9sbBih9sEEDA
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:http://nowroll.appspot.com/rolls/agdub3dyb2xschELEghEaWNlUm9sbBih9sEEDA

Please use the integrated roller.

Anyways, you find some evidence of mutant cultists operating in the area if the tracks you do find are accurate. They seem to be operating out of the same general region which is, sadly enough, based in the untamed lands YOU were given.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh. "No, you don't like like a prissy bunch of wine drinking nancys to me."

That actually gets laughs out of them.

Double share of rations and I make sure there's a good cask of Dwarf ale to sate their thirsts.

The ale seems to do them a stupendous amount of good.

I explain what happened to the others... and that I'm protected from the effects of chaos. Basically what happened is basically I just laid claim to the power of their souls.

I do explain to the royals what a Dovahkin is... Basically the blood of my mother... a Mortal born with the soul of a dragon

I'll have to meditate on the Thu'um.

Amazingly they seem to accept it. Apparently killing three dragon ogres like they were chickens for the pot tends to do that.

As for the meditation. One evening as you try to meditate a huge voice suddenly rumbles, "CHOOSE!" Pick four first word shouts.

WHen you arrive at the hold with little trouble the next day, the gates are nearly FLUNG off their hinges as the king SPRINTS out of the hold at a speed that would make some Elves blush with envy.

When he sees his wife and sons, he embraces all three of them swinging them around about, the grim and dour dwarf you men before is gone, and the happiest most boisterous bruiser you've ever seen in your life seems to have replaced. "WELCOME WELCOME DWARF FRIEND! You have done me and my family a great service, I had said before that half of my wealth would go to the one that returned my family and it will be done, and I am likely the only dwarf to ever be happy to pay a debt!"

"Come all of you we shall celebrate in my halls like has not been seen in our lives!"

Booze flows like rivers and roasted meat comes in piles that evening. You and Valten are seated on the same high table as the royal family, a high place of honor. Anything you want to say to Valten, who is making goo goo eyes with your young voluptuous maid? Or anyone else?

[/quote]"I don't know."[/quote]

I chew my lip a bit, surprised that one of the greatest minds in the empire is utterly stumped at this.

She's your betrothed and they're not to strict about before marriage as long as there is one.

And the tittering about the stamina?

Please use the integrated roller.

Gotcha

Anyways, you find some evidence of mutant cultists operating in the area if the tracks you do find are accurate. They seem to be operating out of the same general region which is, sadly enough, based in the untamed lands YOU were given.

I clench my hands and grit my teeth...that is an issue that MUST be dealt with before men begin moving into the Drakwald. I will NOT HAVE A CULT SITTING UNDER ME LIKE A POWDER KEG READY TO BLOW AT ANY MOMENT!

I'm going to need to call in some favors from the Knights Panthers who are interested in their sons getting land here. I'm going to need numbers to clean this pit of vipers out effectively.

I'll negotiate some incentives for the ones to volunteer for this hunt, first choice on new holdings once settling begins and easing on my cut of taxes and turning my head when taxation on the regular folk doesn't go down...for a SET TIME!

Whenever that's ready I'll get ready for another great clearing of the forests with whatever numbers I gather.

Apologizing to Cosmina for doing this...YET AGAIN!

Then I head into the woods, again ready to burn out, cut out, stomp out, or crush out whatever servants, slaves or creatures of the dark gods I find, specifically that DAMNED CULT!

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next