Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:32 am

Brian Boru wrote:That actually gets laughs out of them.

I laugh with them.

The ale seems to do them a stupendous amount of good.

Drink up. It's the stuff of life!

Amazingly they seem to accept it.  Apparently killing three dragon ogres like they were chickens for the pot tends to do that.

Heh. Yes, yes it does.

As for the meditation.  One evening as you try to meditate a huge voice suddenly rumbles, "CHOOSE!"  Pick four first word shouts.
Lets hold on this for a moment.

WHen you arrive at the hold with little trouble the next day, the gates are nearly FLUNG off their hinges as the king SPRINTS out of the hold at a speed that would make some Elves blush with envy.

I look ECSTATIC to see him and make sure to set the carriage down so his family can leave in good order.

When he sees his wife and sons, he embraces all three of them swinging them around about, the grim and dour dwarf you men before is gone, and the happiest most boisterous bruiser you've ever seen in your life seems to have replaced.  "WELCOME WELCOME DWARF FRIEND!  You have done me and my family a great service, I had said before that half of my wealth would go to the one that returned my family and it will be done, and I am likely the only dwarf to ever be happy to pay a debt!"

I actually give him a friendly embrace. "And I'd still have done it without the gold for seeing the happiness of your kin was the greatest reward any man or dwarf could get!

"Come all of you we shall celebrate in my halls like has not been seen in our lives!"

"I've even brought something to finish off the festivities."

I throw the beaten, battered, broken Orc warlord onto the stones.

"His head belongs to your beloved... but I asked her to stay her hand that you might watch."

Booze flows like rivers and roasted meat comes in piles that evening.  You and Valten are seated on the same high table as the royal family, a high place of honor.  Anything you want to say to Valten, who is making goo goo eyes with your young voluptuous maid?  Or anyone else?

"Well what are you waiting for, lad?"

Anyways, I party with them, proclaim my love and respect for their people and celebrate this new day and reminder of our friendship!

I do ask him if I can borrow/rent/make use of of one of his vaults for my cut. Dragging that much Gold around would be difficult even for me and the vaults of men are far from secure.

Also, he said that the one who kills Gorfang would get the pick of his Treasures, and while I know it was technically his wife who swung the blade... I'd like to humbly ask him if we could maybe find a proper hammer for our good friend, Luthor. After all, he was third through the breach after Valten and I and fought like a man possessed.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Lord of a part of the Drakwald
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

[/quote]I chew my lip a bit, surprised that one of the greatest minds in the empire is utterly stumped at this.[/quote]

The first step to becoming an expert is to recognize you have much to learn.

And this man is the foremost expert in the empire.

And the tittering about the stamina?

They wonder how she can WALK.

I clench my hands and grit my teeth...that is an issue that MUST be dealt with before men begin moving into the Drakwald.  I will NOT HAVE A CULT SITTING UNDER ME LIKE A POWDER KEG READY TO BLOW AT ANY MOMENT!

"Relax lad." Boris warns you. "They're everywhere and while they're a nest to be ratted out, you can't become possessed by it."

I'm going to need to call in some favors from the Knights Panthers who are interested in their sons getting land here.  I'm going to need numbers to clean this pit of vipers out effectively.

Alright.

I'll negotiate some incentives for the ones to volunteer for this hunt, first choice on new holdings once settling begins and easing on my cut of taxes and turning my head when taxation on the regular folk doesn't go down...for a SET TIME!

Perfectly fair. How far and wide do you announce this?

Whenever that's ready I'll get ready for another great clearing of the forests with whatever numbers I gather.
You get a goodly number.

Though they're not the only ones who show up. It seems that the message leaked a bit and while the Panters and thier sons are the majority a number of other knights, pistoleers, noblemen, sell swords, adventurers, and even some Knights Errant from distant Bretonnia show up

Apologizing to Cosmina for doing this...YET AGAIN!

You're a man doing manly things. It's expected.

Then I head into the woods, again ready to burn out, cut out, stomp out, or crush out whatever servants, slaves or creatures of the dark gods I find, specifically that DAMNED CULT!

You get cheers. They're ALL for slaughtering everything evil and in their path.

And they make a pretty good go of it too. They probably don't fully exterminate the cult but in the months that fllow lots of beastmen, mutants, and cultists are killed and its sure as hell sent to ground to hide from your wrath.

Gimme another roll.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:34 am

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:01 am

Brian Boru wrote: Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

It seems that they're pretty much scattered to the wind or at least so deep into the wood that you can't follow.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:52 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name, 5 Gor heads

Brian Boru wrote:After a few minutes of travel, you find a small battle taking place in a slightly open area.  Roughly 4 knights and 20 men at arms are fighting a large band of 100 beast men, the vast number of them brays (hornless) though some ungors (little horns) and gors (big horns) are among them as well.  You spot the battered knight charging headlong into the fray though the battle seems to change little what do you do?

Position ourselves so we can flank them and call the wolves as well. Have some of them on the perimeter of the battle, to intercept any of the beastmen whose morale has broken as a result of ... well ...

I'll have Mort join the knights and help out as well as try to keep them from doing something too stupid on seeing a Norscan at the head of a wolf-pack charging into the fray. Myself, I charge into the beastmen's flank, wolves and all, axe and sword flying. I leave the wolves with me to bring down whatever I've injured that's still moving and basically cut a swath of bodies to the Gors. Bringing those down should shake the morale of the rest and make them easy pickings.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh with them.

Laughter abounds.

Drink up. It's the stuff of life!

Heh

Lets hold on this for a moment.

Alright.

I look ECSTATIC to see him and make sure to set the carriage down so his family can leave in good order.

It's a boisterous get together.

I actually give him a friendly embrace. "And I'd still have done it without the gold for seeing the happiness of your kin was the greatest reward any man or dwarf could get!

You still have his thanks from the bottom of his heart.

"I've even brought something to finish off the festivities."

I throw the beaten, battered, broken Orc warlord onto the stones.

"His head belongs to your beloved... but I asked her to stay her hand that you might watch."

And like that he goes COLD again. He's move to kill the bastard himself but his wife stops him with a light touch on his arm. He looks to her and after a moment's consideration relaxes again.

The queen nods then takes a hammer from one of the hammers and with a ferocious swing crushes the brute's head...wow didn't think he'd have enough brains to splatter that much...

"Well what are you waiting for, lad?"

With that he grins and moves over to talk with her, you notice the two of them necking in a corner of a side tunnel later on.

Anyways, I party with them, proclaim my love and respect for their people and celebrate this new day and reminder of our friendship!

They cheer in response.

I do ask him if I can borrow/rent/make use of of one of his vaults for my cut. Dragging that much Gold around would be difficult even for me and the vaults of men are far from secure.

He actually gives you a extremely good deal on one with a relatively TINY holding fee.

Also, he said that the one who kills Gorfang would get the pick of his Treasures, and while I know it was technically his wife who swung the blade... I'd like to humbly ask him if we could maybe find a proper hammer for our good friend, Luthor. After all, he was third through the breach after Valten and I and fought like a man possessed.

He says he'd be glad to allow Luthor to find something for him from his personal vaults. Luthor's a bit on the awed.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

The first step to becoming an expert is to recognize you have much to learn.

And this man is the foremost expert in the empire.

Then I let the man study them as much as he can.

They wonder how she can WALK.

I R Awesome...

"Relax lad." Boris warns you. "They're everywhere and while they're a nest to be ratted out, you can't become possessed by it."

I take his advice and take a few breaths to calm myself down. "Sorry just a peeve of mind. Craven bastards are the only ones who stoop to child killing in my eyes and it rubs me wrong."

Perfectly fair. How far and wide do you announce this?

Middinheim and the Knights Panthers Chapter House(s)

You get a goodly number.

Though they're not the only ones who show up. It seems that the message leaked a bit and while the Panters and thier sons are the majority a number of other knights, pistoleers, noblemen, sell swords, adventurers, and even some Knights Errant from distant Bretonnia show up

I blink at the last one. "Britonnia? What the hell are they doing this far from home?"

Well if those idiots want to hold land under me then I make sure that they know we're in the Empire NOT Bretonnia.

Other than that, I make sure that these land hoppers know how I work, simply but ranks, wealth, retinue size won't mean anything on who'll be on the top of my short list. Only two things fighting hard, and fighting smart. I won't abide cowards or lazabouts, but neither will I abide suicidal glory hounds. Unless you can juggle small hills or use trees as Javalins like I can you don't get to act like I do on the battlefield.

Otherwise I'm alright with whatever fighting styles they have.

You're a man doing manly things. It's expected.

Still doesn't feel right.

You get cheers. They're ALL for slaughtering everything evil and in their path.

I roar with them.

And they make a pretty good go of it too. They probably don't fully exterminate the cult but in the months that fllow lots of beastmen, mutants, and cultists are killed and its sure as hell sent to ground to hide from your wrath.

It seems that they're pretty much scattered to the wind or at least so deep into the wood that you can't follow.

Good, very good.

I note to keep track of who performs best during this campaign as I might be depending on them later on during my lordship here...AND when Achaeron comes South.

Once the hunt is done I'll get started getting plots of lands for the men who fought as quickly as I can. Then back to Middenheim and Cosmina AND hopefully the last GODSDAMNED EXPERT!!

Gods I wanna know what Ironbrow makes of this considering what happened with Gelt.

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Position ourselves so we can flank them and call the wolves as well. Have some of them on the perimeter of the battle, to intercept any of the beastmen whose morale has broken as a result of ... well ...

I'll have Mort join the knights and help out as well as try to keep them from doing something too stupid on seeing a Norscan at the head of a wolf-pack charging into the fray. Myself, I charge into the beastmen's flank, wolves and all, axe and sword flying. I leave the wolves with me to bring down whatever I've injured that's still moving and basically cut a swath of bodies to the Gors. Bringing those down should shake the morale of the rest and make them easy pickings.

The plan works amazingly well, a giant pack of wolves...and you .... seems to do a stupendous job in shredding the herd, the smaller ones break and run in clumps, but the reserve you held back easily takes care of that little issue.

When all is said and done the Artoisians are left staring in dumb shock at the horrific carnage you just wrought...and the collosal wolf pack that seems to be at your beck and call.

The apparent leader of this band, a man in his mid 30s he looks you over before saying, "You have my thanks stranger, though would you mind explaining THAT?" THAT being all the flattened bodies and the small army of wolves you seem to have at beck and call.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:45 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:The plan works amazingly well, a giant pack of wolves...and you .... seems to do a stupendous job in shredding the herd, the smaller ones break and run in clumps, but the reserve you held back easily takes care of that little issue.

When all is said and done the Artoisians are left staring in dumb shock at the horrific carnage you just wrought...and the collosal wolf pack that seems to be at your beck and call.

The apparent leader of this band, a man in his mid 30s he looks you over before saying, "You have my thanks stranger, though would you mind explaining THAT?"  THAT being all the flattened bodies and the small army of wolves you seem to have at beck and call.

For a moment I'm tempted to go 'they followed me home, can I keep them?', but the situation calls for something a little less humorous I think. I shrug and incline my head towards the men-at-arms. "You have your retainers, I have mine. I'm certainly wasn't going to venture into dark forests alone."

Then I head over to the fallen Gors and chop off their heads to add to my collection. "There's a bounty on these, right? Or I'll feel really silly after lugging them along."

I think Mortimer can take care of the social aspect of this. Or at least try to smooth things over. Possibly saving their lives will be of help here.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:It's a boisterous get together.

I'm sure Valten and I add to it.

I smile at the younger man. "To me, it is moments like this that make live worth living. It doesn't matter if its king or pauper, everyone of them is beyond price and worth defending to the last."

You still have his thanks from the bottom of his heart.

"And thank you for giving me the opportunity to stand here and witness your moment of joy. It was the true reward."

And like that he goes COLD again.  He's move to kill the bastard himself but his wife stops him with a light touch on his arm.  He looks to her and after a moment's consideration relaxes again.

The queen nods then takes a hammer from one of the hammers and with a ferocious swing crushes the brute's head...wow didn't think he'd have enough brains to splatter that much...

I simply nod and step around the mess... then present them both with a mug of ale.

"I find that a beer always tastes better after a Grudge repaid."

With that he grins and moves over to talk with her, you notice the two of them necking in a corner of a side tunnel later on.

The young will be young. Wink

They cheer in response.

Much cheering and cheer.

He actually gives you a extremely good deal on one with a relatively TINY holding fee.

"My thanks to you, friend. I want you to know that should you ever need my aid, and if I should be available to act, then I will do my best to come to your aid"

Note: That might sound round about but dwarfs know better than to promises anything. That would be an oath. To a dwarf this would be the equivalent of a human telling another. "If you ever need help, I'll be there." Basically its saying that ideally I have your back, but disclaiming that I might not be able drop everything and run to your aid, but I'll try and help if I can.

He says he'd be glad to allow Luthor to find something for him from his personal vaults.  Luthor's a bit on the awed.

I'm guessing a two handed Rune Hammer to replace his current generic great weapon.

Anyways, we probably leave in a couple days or so. On the way back north I stop back by the hold to check it out and offer my Ogre comrades services to the Dwarfs. They will of course get their fair share of the loot, and in the close quarters combat they'll provide a rather useful hammer to the Dwarven anvel.

And between me and them, there's plenty of Orc Flesh in those halls to be dug out.

Reason why I'm doing it is because we need to move fast to make it to middenheim with some time to spare. We want to get the stories written down and arrange for the big reveal.

Then I let the man study them as much as he can.

He learns absolutely nothing. It's so beyond him he's like a child picking up a master's thesis. And frankly, he's almost giddy.

I take his advice and take a few breaths to calm myself down.  "Sorry just a peeve of mind.  Craven bastards are the only ones who stoop to child killing in my eyes and it rubs me wrong."

"Aye. They were my subjects and it is my land as well. Don't let it consume you. Stop it when you can, avenge them when you can't, and remember that even though you have gods blood, you're still mortal. You can't be everywhere and do everything."

Middinheim and the Knights Panthers Chapter House(s)

Alright.

I blink at the last one.  "Britonnia?  What the hell are they doing this far from home?"

Knights Errant.

Well if those idiots want to hold land under me then I make sure that they know we're in the Empire NOT Bretonnia.

Normally they set up in the Bretonian style with thier own little train of peasants... but they're not fools. Just painfully smug.

Other than that, I make sure that these land hoppers know how I work, simply but ranks, wealth, retinue size won't mean anything on who'll be on the top of my short list.  Only two things fighting hard, and fighting smart.  I won't abide cowards or lazabouts, but neither will I abide suicidal glory hounds.  Unless you can juggle small hills or use trees as Javalins like I can you don't get to act like I do on the battlefield.

You're dealing with young men for the most part. The words that come to mind are "More balls than brain cells". SOme of the nobles are flops and you're not quite sure about some of the mercs of adventures... at least in how upstanding they are. Honestly the more shady the more competent.

Otherwise I'm alright with whatever fighting styles they have.

Varried. Very varried.

I note to keep track of who performs best during this campaign as I might be depending on them later on during my lordship here...AND when Achaeron comes South.

Alright.

Once the hunt is done I'll get started getting plots of lands for the men who fought as quickly as I can.  Then back to Middenheim and Cosmina AND hopefully the last GODSDAMNED EXPERT!!

You arrive to find a crankly looking Dwarf who seems to be looking over you with a skeptical eye.

Gods I wanna know what Ironbrow makes of this considering what happened with Gelt.

First time you ever saw a dwarf hyperventilate. He's wide eyed, wild eyed, and looks at you with trembling hand. "May I?"

If you do, he immediately runs somewhere with good light and starts taking VOLUMES of notes looking over it with a jewelers eyepiece.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:38 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 12 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
-Has five Norscan heros units serving him as his fingers.
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 600 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,510

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 600
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100
Total: 600

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:
Fimbulvetr: Great sleipnir stallion in plate barding

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Brian Boru wrote:
For the first few weeks traveling through the southern stretches of Norsca, you do alright, then one night, as you're laying down for the night, you hear a whistling sound.  Looking up you spot the silhouette of a massive boulder heading right for you.

You manage to deflect the damn thing but you're soon forced to deal with another.  You also hear gigantic bellowing in the dim night, apparently you just got ambushed by at least two giants....oh the humiliation...

You know just once I would like it if I could go somewhere without something large and/or foul trying to kill me and my people. Though considering where I'm at now in life, I doubt I'll ever get that wish, but one can hope at least. But I guess I should stop this musing and get to work here.

An so with a whistle I summon Fimbulvetr and my wolves to my side to mount up while I turn back to yell.

"To arms men, to arms! It seems the some of the locals here take displeasure at our passing would like words with us, so lets not disappoint."

An with that I ride out with steed and wolves ready to run down and gut the dumb giants who figured we were a easy target.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:29 am

OOC: Yay this RP restarted!

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing

Brian Boru wrote:It's certainly one for the bards...

And he likely hasn't met many who can match him blade for blade.

Why do I have a feeling that once I'm on my way back (which would allow the tale to spread) to the Empire or some other place through Bretonia there's gonna be Knight Errants and quite a number of Knights of the Realm lining up to have a spar with me?  Razz 

You actually have to take it up twice before you finally overwhelm him, but he isn't sore about it instead, he's glad to have had the chance to have a spar with such a powerful and honorable warrior.  The rest of the folk are incredibly impressed with your abilities.

Two notches? Damn, I wonder how damn strong a proper Grail Knight would be.  Laughing 

I'd guess I'll have to participate in a big tournament to face a Grail Knight.

This is you now...what do you THINK they see you as?

Heh, no avoiding it. Oh well, just makes things all the more amusing when I go through a Chaos or Beastmen army like a buzzsaw.

Indeed there are more than just a few.

Wood Elves Standard Operating Procedure. Its to be expected. In fact, I'd be offended if the Wood Elves didn't see me as enough of a threat to do so.  Razz 

It only takes a few minutes before she manages to calm things down and your quest is explained.  When that's heard the Athel Loren Elf's eyes widen in horror and they immediately lower their bows.  The two of you are told that you'll be brought to a meeting of the Elven Clan leaders, that will be called.  You however need to be bound and blindfolded. Your friend seems to be actually a little upset for you.  Seems you've warmed to her at least a little bit.

Well, that's good to see. Seems I've proven myself during our travel together. Warms my heart.  Laughing 

Hm... wait, isn't this about time that the Secret War heats up again?

But in all seriousness, I don't mind, though being bound will be annoying but... to be honest unless we've got pretty super enhanced ropes or chains I can likely bust my way out of it pretty quick.

"Thank you for your advocacy Kyra, but to be honest, I do not mind, I am a stranger coming to your homeland, precautions are called for, and of course, the less I know of what the inside of Athel Loren is like, the better it is for both me and you. Trust has to be earned after all."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:45 am

For a moment I'm tempted to go 'they followed me home, can I keep them?', but the situation calls for something a little less humorous I think. I shrug and incline my head towards the men-at-arms. "You have your retainers, I have mine. I'm certainly wasn't going to venture into dark forests alone."

They stare at you then at the wolves that continue to linger at the edge of sight, then the leader simply lets it go for the moment, though you get the feeling that this isn't over, not by a long shot.

Then I head over to the fallen Gors and chop off their heads to add to my collection. "There's a bounty on these, right? Or I'll feel really silly after lugging them along."

On the Gors yes, only the Gors though, ungors and brays are too damn common.

I think Mortimer can take care of the social aspect of this. Or at least try to smooth things over. Possibly saving their lives will be of help here.

As a matter of fact, ole Morty seems to do a stupendous job in allaying the concerns of the knights. He then introduces the both of you, where you came from and why you're wandering through the Ardens forest. When they learn that you're looking for the Duke Chilfroy de Artois they seem to perk up a bit, apparently several of them were heading out from their isolated villages to pay their respects to the Duke as they do every year and reafirm their unity as knights of the Duchy and the Kingdom of Brettonnia, also the youngest among them, a young red head by the Name of Gaston, had just been made a knight and it was time for him to start wife searching and the gathering was the best time to do something like that.

Do you wish to accompany them?

Roll (d20+d20+d10) if you do or a d100 if not.

Psyckosama wrote:I'm sure Valten and I add to it.

Indeed.

I smile at the younger man. "To me, it is moments like this that make live worth living. It doesn't matter if its king or pauper, everyone of them is beyond price and worth defending to the last."

He heartily agrees though he seems just a hair distracted by how that deep belly laugh your maid is making things....move...

"And thank you for giving me the opportunity to stand here and witness your moment of joy. It was the true reward."

Sweet.

I simply nod and step around the mess... then present them both with a mug of ale.

"I find that a beer always tastes better after a Grudge repaid."

The smirk that the couple share is eeriely similar and sinister, "Indeed it is." They say at the same time, they look at each other apparently this was a thing between them and it is a wonderful feeling for them to be able to do it again.

The young will be young. Wink

Hopefully you won't have to look for a bucket of water later on though. Razz 

Much cheering and cheer.

Heh

"My thanks to you, friend. I want you to know that should you ever need my aid, and if I should be available to act, then I will do my best to come to your aid"

Note: That might sound round about but dwarfs know better than to promises anything. That would be an oath. To a dwarf this would be the equivalent of a human telling another. "If you ever need help, I'll be there." Basically its saying that ideally I have your back, but disclaiming that I might not be able drop everything and run to your aid, but I'll try and help if I can.

OOC: Thanks... I might need an occasional slap if I make an occasional faux pax...

He thanks you for the gesture, though he hopes the aid isn't needed.

I'm guessing a two handed Rune Hammer to replace his current generic great weapon.

Finely made and perfectly balanced but considering dwarves that's a damned given. He immediately falls in love with the damn thing.

Anyways, we probably leave in a couple days or so. On the way back north I stop back by the hold to check it out and offer my Ogre comrades services to the Dwarfs. They will of course get their fair share of the loot, and in the close quarters combat they'll provide a rather useful hammer to the Dwarven anvel.

The ogres and the dwarves are a bit surprised but the trio shrug and say alright, if you ain't fighting no more than they'll be going with the dwarves though if you ever need them they'll be glad to come back, you're fun to be around. The dwarves are a bit dubious and the cannons the ogres use make them twitch at the Umgi-ness of them. But they're also practical enough to see the value of having the three mountains of meat and bone on their side so accept their services.

And between me and them, there's plenty of Orc Flesh in those halls to be dug out.

The ogres grin and the Dwarves look a little nauseous.

Reason why I'm doing it is because we need to move fast to make it to middenheim with some time to spare. We want to get the stories written down and arrange for the big reveal.

Alright and off to middenheim you go. Roll 4 d100s to find out how well each leg of the journey goes.

He learns absolutely nothing. It's so beyond him he's like a child picking up a master's thesis. And frankly, he's almost giddy.

I blink at the giddy part. But I do hope that his study of them was enlightening and I hope he has some success with them.

"Aye. They were my subjects and it is my land as well. Don't let it consume you. Stop it when you can, avenge them when you can't, and remember that even though you have gods blood, you're still mortal. You can't be everywhere and do everything."

I nod in acknowledgement to my liege lord and my elder. "I still can do more than most men because of my gifts and it hits hard when I'm reminded of my limits. But I will keep your advice in mind for the future my lord."

Knights Errant.

Long way from home lads but there are few better at smashing something from atop a horse, "Welcome to the hunt!"

Normally they set up in the Bretonian style with thier own little train of peasants... but they're not fools. Just painfully smug.

They're knights errants they haven't had their brains pounded in yet with the guts and skill they'd already had hammered in for years. It'll come eventually.

You're dealing with young men for the most part. The words that come to mind are "More balls than brain cells". SOme of the nobles are flops and you're not quite sure about some of the mercs of adventures... at least in how upstanding they are. Honestly the more shady the more competent.

I'd still like some damn brains as well but I'll work with what I can get.

...I'm going to be breaking up a buttload of fights aren't I?

Varried. Very varried.

Works for me.

Alright.

Any stand out in particular?

You arrive to find a crankly looking Dwarf who seems to be looking over you with a skeptical eye.

I bow respectively, "Greetings Master Dwarf, Skarin Beowulfsson, I believe you're hear to see these yes?" I proffer the ax and shield.

First time you ever saw a dwarf hyperventilate. He's wide eyed, wild eyed, and looks at you with trembling hand. "May I?"

"Of course Master Ironbrow."

If you do, he immediately runs somewhere with good light and starts taking VOLUMES of notes looking over it with a jewelers eyepiece.

Considering Dwarven Rune masters...I simply pull up some chairs, get a keg of dwarven ale and wait for him to come out of his fugue, while making dead sure to save some for the old dwarf.

If anyone else is there with me I'll softly shoot the breeze with them. I MIGHT ask after kin or other events that have happened since I had left for the woods last time. I WILL need to keep track of that at least slightly.

If I finish my first mug and heard nothing from Ironbrow then I'll ask lightly what he's learned from the weapons. If he snaps then I'll pull back and nurse another mug and repeat the process as many times as needed.

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

You know just once I would like it if I could go somewhere without something large and/or foul trying to kill me and my people. Though considering where I'm at now in life, I doubt I'll ever get that wish, but one can hope at least. But I guess I should stop this musing and get to work here.

An so with a whistle I summon Fimbulvetr and my wolves to my side to mount up while I turn back to yell.

"To arms men, to arms! It seems the some of the locals here take displeasure at our passing would like words with us, so lets not disappoint."

An with that I ride out with steed and wolves ready to run down and gut the dumb giants who figured we were a easy target.

With that the entire band is almost immediately armed and ready to fight. Running in the direction of one of the roars you come across one of the giants, a huge male, long black hair and an equally long beard flow like drapes from his head and face. You ride towards the huge bruin and the horse manages to dodge a huge club that would have flattened the horse like a pancake and even YOU might have felt that one if it connected.

The club is a bit stuck in the ground right beside your horse how do you want to deal with this one?

Aceraptor wrote:OOC: Yay this RP restarted!

Why do I have a feeling that once I'm on my way back (which would allow the tale to spread) to the Empire or some other place through Bretonia there's gonna be Knight Errants and quite a number of Knights of the Realm lining up to have a spar with me?  Razz 

Knights Errant certainly, they're kinda stupid like that...

Two notches? Damn, I wonder how damn strong a proper Grail Knight would be.  Laughing 

I'd guess I'll have to participate in a big tournament to face a Grail Knight.

You might have to go to...THREE! affraid 

Heh, no avoiding it. Oh well, just makes things all the more amusing when I go through a Chaos or Beastmen army like a buzzsaw.

And those abs just leave the ladies and the serving girls all a little flustered. tongue 

Wood Elves Standard Operating Procedure. Its to be expected. In fact, I'd be offended if the Wood Elves didn't see me as enough of a threat to do so.  Razz 

They didn't want to but since you were brought along you must have SOME ability...boy do you ever...

Well, that's good to see. Seems I've proven myself during our travel together. Warms my heart.  Laughing 

Heh...if you called her on it...you'd get what was ALMOST a tsundere response....not that tsunderes exist in the warhammer world, that'd be just plain silly. afro 

Hm... wait, isn't this about time that the Secret War heats up again?

I think so.

But in all seriousness, I don't mind, though being bound will be annoying but... to be honest unless we've got pretty super enhanced ropes or chains I can likely bust my way out of it pretty quick.

"Thank you for your advocacy Kyra, but to be honest, I do not mind, I am a stranger coming to your homeland, precautions are called for, and of course, the less I know of what the inside of Athel Loren is like, the better it is for both me and you. Trust has to be earned after all."

She blinks at that, while you're not an ass you've never shown yourself to be a pushover, at least in her eyes and she wonders at your acceptance of the binding. Then she remembers your strength and grins, the Athel Loren folk have a slightly....aggravating demeanor when dealing with their kin from the forests of the empire.

The trip from the edge of the forest goes easily enough though you do trip once and nearly knock over a tree though you manage to stop yourself to making a hard smacking sound, earning laughs from the escorts but you preserve the charage and keep going. Eventually you're unblinded and unbound and brought before another gathering of older elves though these look just a hair wilder than their Empire kin, they study you for a while then a particularly tall and rangy blonde haired male else asks your companion in a baritone voice, "What is it that brings you here cousin, and why do you bring a human with you?"

She actually simply looks to you for the answer, getting a look of surprise from all those present.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:Knights Errant certainly, they're kinda stupid like that...

Heh, damn glory hounds they are.  Smile 

You might have to go to...THREE! affraid 

Quite right.  Laughing 

And those abs just leave the ladies and the serving girls all a little flustered. tongue 

Hah!

They didn't want to but since you were brought along you must have SOME ability...boy do you ever...

Of course they don't know the extent of my power... for that matter *I* don't know the extent of my power.

Heh...if you called her on it...you'd get what was ALMOST a tsundere response....not that tsunderes exist in the warhammer world, that'd be just plain silly. afro 

I believe I'll store this for a later time as ammunition.  Laughing 

I think so.

Well, there's one way to get grudging respect from the Wood Elves: Slaughter hordes of beastmen in battle!  Very Happy 

She blinks at that, while you're not an ass you've never shown yourself to be a pushover, at least in her eyes and she wonders at your acceptance of the binding.  Then she remembers your strength and grins, the Athel Loren folk have a slightly....aggravating demeanor when dealing with their kin from the forests of the empire.

I grin back. Of course, none of the Athel Loren Wood Elves would know what we are grinning out.

The trip from the edge of the forest goes easily enough though you do trip once and nearly knock over a tree though you manage to stop yourself to making a hard smacking sound, earning laughs from the escorts but you preserve the charage and keep going.  Eventually you're unblinded and unbound and brought before another gathering of older elves though these look just a hair wilder than their Empire kin, they study you for a while then a particularly tall and rangy blonde haired male else asks your companion in a baritone voice, "What is it that brings you here cousin, and why do you bring a human with you?"

She actually simply looks to you for the answer, getting a look of surprise from all those present.

I give a slight bow of respect to the Wood Elves, that is due with respect to their position as elders of their people.

"I and my companion, Kyra, come bearing news and tidings which must be spread. Chaos is stirring in the northern wastes, those that follow Chaos are gathering in numbers unseen since the Great War against Chaos. Those who oppose the enemy of all must muster their forces in order to defeat this threat." I begin with this statement, then continue on to what I know of the events that will soon engulf Kislev, the Empire and beyond, the rise of Archaon the Everchosen. Much like I did with the Wood Elf elders in the forests of the Empire.

Wood Elves of Athel Loren may well be safe from this menace, but even they cannot ignore the outside world, much as they would like to however.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:54 am

Vargr Skarin

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name, yet more Gor heads

Brian Boru wrote:They stare at you then at the wolves that continue to linger at the edge of sight, then the leader simply lets it go for the moment, though you get the feeling that this isn't over, not by a long shot.

Yyyyyeah, I don't think 'a wolf-god is my dad' would go over very well.

On the Gors yes, only the Gors though, ungors and brays are too damn common.

Since I'm not exactly swimming in money, I take the God heads and add them to my collection.

As a matter of fact, ole Morty seems to do a stupendous job in allaying the concerns of the knights.  He then introduces the both of you, where you came from and why you're wandering through the Ardens forest.  When they learn that you're looking for the Duke Chilfroy de Artois they seem to perk up a bit, apparently several of them were heading out from their isolated villages to pay their respects to the Duke as they do every year and reafirm their unity as knights of the Duchy and the Kingdom of Brettonnia, also the youngest among them, a young red head by the Name of Gaston, had just been made a knight and it was time for him to start wife searching and the gathering was the best time to do something like that.

Do you wish to accompany them?

Roll (d20+d20+d10) if you do or a d100 if not.

Getting some familiarity going might allay their concerns further. Yeah, we'll travel together. Oh, and 'gathering'? That sounds interesting. And potentially profitable, though I don't say that part out loud. I ask more about it.

(rolls below, hoping they launch correctly)
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:54 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 7, 10

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 2

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:32 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:
Brian Boru wrote:

With that the entire band is almost immediately armed and ready to fight.  Running in the direction of one of the roars you come across one of the giants, a huge male, long black hair and an equally long beard flow like drapes from his head and face.  You ride towards the huge bruin and the horse manages to dodge a huge club that would have flattened the horse like a pancake and even YOU might have felt that one if it connected.  

The club is a bit stuck in the ground right beside your horse how do you want to deal with this one?

Well looks like luck is on side here, as with this giant's weapon stuck in the ground right now getting to him should be a lot easier.

So not wanting to waste a chance here, I continue to charge ahead atop my steed until I can get within striking distance of the giant and do a ride by of his legs. Delivering two bone shattering blows infused with the might of Thor. Before moving on to find the other giants that attack us and giving the same treatment, as I trust that my men and wolves should be able to finish off the crippled giants I leave in my wake.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:
He heartily agrees though he seems just a hair distracted by how that deep belly laugh your maid is making things....move...

Heh. Have fun, boyo.

The smirk that the couple share is eeriely similar and sinister, "Indeed it is."  They say at the same time, they look at each other apparently this was a thing between them and it is a wonderful feeling for them to be able to do it again.

I enjoy their joy.

Hopefully you won't have to look for a bucket of water later on though. Razz 

Hopefully they get a room :p

OOC: Thanks... I might need an occasional slap if I make an occasional faux pax...

Thumbs up.

He thanks you for the gesture, though he hopes the aid isn't needed.

"Same. I hope my visits are simply me coming to visits my dear friend and his lovely wife. Though all the same, the offer is made."

Finely made and perfectly balanced but considering dwarves that's a damned given.  He immediately falls in love with the damn thing.

I smile. "And now you carry a Dwarf Forged Hammer, given to you by a Dwarf King in thanks for a great deed rendered. You truly aspire to emulate your lord in word and deed..."

This should get him major brownie points with the sigmarite layfolk and clergy.

The ogres and the dwarves are a bit surprised but the trio shrug and say alright, if you ain't fighting no more than they'll be going with the dwarves though if you ever need them they'll be glad to come back, you're fun to be around.

I will, but sadly I soon will so be entering the least fun of battlefields: politics. It's a word coming from the classical world for "large group" and tics meaning "Blood sucking insects".

It's a long, obnoxious, thankless field where you can't eat your enemies no matter how much you might want to. I'm trying to spare you three that agony.

The dwarves are a bit dubious and the cannons the ogres use make them twitch at the Umgi-ness of them.

I'm sure there are some old dwarf guns sitting in the armories that they could turn into proper weapons if they're so obliged.

But they're also practical enough to see the value of having the three mountains of meat and bone on their side so accept their services.

"Good luck to you all."

The ogres grin and the Dwarves look a little nauseous.

"Considering that Orcs consider roast sucking dwarfling a delicacy I'd think you might appreciate the turnabout."

Alright and off to middenheim you go.  Roll 4 d100s to find out how well each leg of the journey goes.

Oh joy...

Psyckosama carried out 4 launched of one d100 :
6 , 16 , 55 , 63

I blink at the giddy part.  But I do hope that his study of them was enlightening and I hope he has some success with them.

Everyone is blinking at the giddy part.

I nod in acknowledgement to my liege lord and my elder.  "I still can do more than most men because of my gifts and it hits hard when I'm reminded of my limits.  But I will keep your advice in mind for the future my lord."

He nods. "Good."

Long way from home lads but there are few better at smashing something from atop a horse, "Welcome to the hunt!"

They raise their lances in respect for the man who will hopefully become their liege.

They're knights errants they haven't had their brains pounded in yet with the guts and skill they'd already had hammered in for years.  It'll come eventually.

Yeah. Remember, though, they're literally out looking for trouble to smite.

I'd still like some damn brains as well but I'll work with what I can get.

Yep.

...I'm going to be breaking up a buttload of fights aren't I?

d10 Smile

Any stand out in particular?

Hm, 3 d6s please

I bow respectively, "Greetings Master Dwarf, Skarin Beowulfsson, I believe you're hear to see these yes?"  I proffer the ax and shield.

He introduces himself. Gelt is very respectful and its explained he's pretty much THE best Runesmith in the Dwarven holds.

"Of course Master Ironbrow."

He takes it in reverent hands....

Considering Dwarven Rune masters...I simply pull up some chairs, get a keg of dwarven ale and wait for him to come out of his fugue, while making dead sure to save some for the old dwarf.

He vanishes for days in the chamber carefully going over every milimeter recording it in a level of detail that is simply insane.

If anyone else is there with me I'll softly shoot the breeze with them.  I MIGHT ask after kin or other events that have happened since I had left for the woods last time.  I WILL need to keep track of that at least slightly.

Who do you ask and what do you ask?

If I finish my first mug and heard nothing from Ironbrow then I'll ask lightly what he's learned from the weapons.  If he snaps then I'll pull back and nurse another mug and repeat the process as many times as needed.

"Please lad, give me time!"

Points up.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:57 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

Heh, damn glory hounds they are.  Smile 

Must have a near Gamorean-like gender ratio to keep their numbers up...

Quite right.  Laughing 

Actually got at least another 5 gears...maybe more....

Of course they don't know the extent of my power... for that matter *I* don't know the extent of my power.

It's quite...powerful....

I believe I'll store this for a later time as ammunition.  Laughing 

Snerk.

Well, there's one way to get grudging respect from the Wood Elves: Slaughter hordes of beastmen in battle!  Very Happy 

That might indeed do it.

I grin back. Of course, none of the Athel Loren Wood Elves would know what we are grinning out.

It confuses and creeps them out a little.

I give a slight bow of respect to the Wood Elves, that is due with respect to their position as elders of their people.

"I and my companion, Kyra, come bearing news and tidings which must be spread. Chaos is stirring in the northern wastes, those that follow Chaos are gathering in numbers unseen since the Great War against Chaos. Those who oppose the enemy of all must muster their forces in order to defeat this threat." I begin with this statement, then continue on to what I know of the events that will soon engulf Kislev, the Empire and beyond, the rise of Archaon the Everchosen. Much like I did with the Wood Elf elders in the forests of the Empire.

Wood Elves of Athel Loren may well be safe from this menace, but even they cannot ignore the outside world, much as they would like to however.

They stare at you once you've finishished speaking, one of the leaders a black haired woman, asks how you would know that the forces of Chaos are moving again unless you're a man of the North, you certainly look like one. The Blonde who spoke earlier raises a hand to silence her and he continues. “What evidence DO you have of such things happening? We have heard some slight news on the winds but nothing that would indicate another great invasion."

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name, yet more Gor heads

Yyyyyeah, I don't think 'a wolf-god is my dad' would go over very well.

Yah think?

Since I'm not exactly swimming in money, I take the God heads and add them to my collection.

Another 5 gors.

Getting some familiarity going might allay their concerns further. Yeah, we'll travel together. Oh, and 'gathering'? That sounds interesting. And potentially profitable, though I don't say that part out loud. I ask more about it.

The ride back through the woods goes alright for the most part. Until you somehow manage to trip over another beast herd. But before you sink too deeply into the fight, you hear the sound of horse and a Bretonnian battle horn, out of the forest comes a contingent of knights, their leader, a massive man even for a knight, bears the personal sigil of the Duke himself.

The beasts are slaughtered and the big man rides back to examine you and Morty, “So...who're you two? And why are the wolves going only after the beasts, not that I am complaining but it is...odd...do either of you know anything about that?”

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Well looks like luck is on side here, as with this giant's weapon stuck in the ground right now getting to him should be a lot easier.

So not wanting to waste a chance here, I continue to charge ahead atop my steed until I can get within striking distance of the giant and do a ride by of his legs. Delivering two bone shattering blows infused with the might of Thor. Before moving on to find the other giants that attack us and giving the same treatment, as I trust that my men and wolves should be able to finish off the crippled giants I leave in my wake.

The titanic being howls in pain and falls over, clutching at it's legs and bellowing something to it's companion. When you get a better look at the other...you blanch a little. The other one's female. If the slightly daintier (relatively speaking) features and the breasts(no shirt) weren't a giveaway, the swollen belly's another. Your men are making a circle around the giantess the ones behind her jabbing her in the legs and rushing out of the way before she can turn while others jab in turn to distract her.

Psyckosama wrote:Heh. Have fun, boyo.

Oh he will.

I enjoy their joy.

Hopefully they get a room :p

Snerk.

"Same. I hope my visits are simply me coming to visits my dear friend and his lovely wife. Though all the same, the offer is made."

He'd be glad to have to visit, though hopefully without the ogres.

I smile. "And now you carry a Dwarf Forged Hammer, given to you by a Dwarf King in thanks for a great deed rendered. You truly aspire to emulate your lord in word and deed..."

This should get him major brownie points with the sigmarite layfolk and clergy.

The awe on his face would be hilarious if it didn't have the zealotry infused in it.

I will, but sadly I soon will so be entering the least fun of battlefields: politics. It's a word coming from the classical world for "large group" and tics meaning "Blood sucking insects".

It's a long, obnoxious, thankless field where you can't eat your enemies no matter how much you might want to. I'm trying to spare you three that agony.

When they hear that they immediately quit complaining.

I'm sure there are some old dwarf guns sitting in the armories that they could turn into proper weapons if they're so obliged.

They shudder at the images.

"Good luck to you all."

And you.

"Considering that Orcs consider roast sucking dwarfling a delicacy I'd think you might appreciate the turnabout."

Well when you put it that way.

[quote]

The first leg of your trip goes spectacularly well. From the the mountains back to the Empire itself, you manage to come across a dwarven caravan who heard about your exploits and eagerly offer to take you down to Nuln itself and they actually give a keg of the Bugman's they were taking with them as a means of thanks for freeing a hold, killing a terrible warboss, and making this trek much safer.

Once you reach Nuln you're on your way North when you come across a broken carriage heading back to the City. When you look in the carriage as you walk by even you are given a bit of a dry mouth for an instant by the gorgeous woman sitting in there. She's older than you are though likely not a day over 30 and damn....just damn...

Everyone is blinking at the giddy part.

Thought so.

He nods. "Good."

Good.

They raise their lances in respect for the man who will hopefully become their liege.

Depends on how they do.

Yeah. Remember, though, they're literally out looking for trouble to smite.

Heh, amazing how ANY of them survive to knight of the realmhood.

d10 Smile

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Hm, 3 d6s please

Brian Boru carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
3 , 2 , 1

He introduces himself. Gelt is very respectful and its explained he's pretty much THE best Runesmith in the Dwarven holds.

“You're THE Runesmith IRONBROW!? I...I honestly don't know what to say....”

He takes it in reverent hands....

Wait for it.

He vanishes for days in the chamber carefully going over every milimeter recording it in a level of detail that is simply insane.

Ah change of plans then, I stay with Cosmina, doing my best to enjoy every minute I can with her while I wait for the final verdict, I also start looking for staff for my new holding. Gotta do that at some point.

Who do you ask and what do you ask?

Well at some point I do ask Lord Todbringer what rumors have been going about my...excursions into the forests...I mean SOMEONE'S blabbed, I had KNIGHTS ERRANT from Bretonnia in that last bunch for crying out loud....(not in so many words of course, superior and all that)

"Please lad, give me time!"

Points up.

“Right then, I'll leave you to it Master Ironbrow.”
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:29 am

Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing

Brian Boru wrote:Must have a near Gamorean-like gender ratio to keep their numbers up...

Well, the Lady probably blesses the nobles of Bretonnia to be very... fertile.  Smile And medieval families tend to be pretty big.

Actually got at least another 5 gears...maybe more....

Huh.

It's quite...powerful....

Why do I have a feeling that it'll be tested sooner than I'd like?

Snerk.

Heh.

That might indeed do it.

I wonder how my weapons will affect daemons. Or Chaos favored champions' souls. The Secret War keeps going because the chief leader of the Beastmen horde keeps coming back from the dead again and again. Wonder if it would be possible to permakill the bastard.

It confuses and creeps them out a little.

Heh, it'll be fun to see how they react when they see my strength.

They stare at you once you've finishished speaking, one of the leaders a black haired woman, asks how you would know that the forces of Chaos are moving again unless you're a man of the North, you certainly look like one.  The Blonde who spoke earlier raises a hand to silence her and he continues.  “What evidence DO you have of such things happening? We have heard some slight news on the winds but nothing that would indicate another great invasion."

"On my travel from the northern part of the Empire, rumors and reports of the Chaos aligned Northmen gathering become more frequent in the Empire, Kislev is facing Kurgan tribes which are moving in numbers unheard of, the Norscans are also stirring, the Beastmen are on the move within the Empire's forests, rampaging across the Empire, pillaging villages. I've seen the latter with my own eyes, and have killed hundreds of the beastmen with my own hands and weapons, along with the help of Kyra, this is no coincidence, Chaos may indeed be random most of the time... but the current trends are not to be ignored. Was not the previous Chaos incursion from the North, so called Great War against Chaos, preceded by Beastmen coming out of hiding within the Empire and wrecking havoc? Your dark cousins, the Dark Elves, are harrying the High Elves, keeping them busy and occupied. Taken together, it seems rather obvious that pieces are moving on the board, setting the field for another invasion by the forces of Chaos."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:38 am

Vargr Skarin

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name, 10 Gor heads

Brian Boru wrote:The ride back through the woods goes alright for the most part.  Until you somehow manage to trip over another beast herd.  But before you sink too deeply into the fight, you hear the sound of horse and a Bretonnian battle horn, out of the forest comes a contingent of knights, their leader, a massive man even for a knight, bears the personal sigil of the Duke himself.

The beasts are slaughtered and the big man rides back to examine you and Morty, “So...who're you two?  And why are the wolves going only after the beasts, not that I am complaining but it is...odd...do either of you know anything about that?”

"Vargr Skarin. They do it because I told them to," I reply with a shrug, taking a rag to the bloodied blades of by sword and axe before returning them to their place. "If it makes them any easier, think of them as my retainers. It's a kind of family tradition. And I'm here in part because I have a tendency to be incorrigibly mercenary, and in part to keep my friend over yonder from getting in too much trouble."

I incline my head towards Morty at the end of it.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:Oh he will.

Giggity.

He'd be glad to have to visit, though hopefully without the ogres.

"Funny story about how I met those three. Want to hear?"

The awe on his face would be hilarious if it didn't have the zealotry infused in it.

As far as Zeal goes his sin't that bad. He's more driven to emulate and live by the model set by Sigmar, he's not really the thoughtless and dogmatic type but more the "Try to apply the lessons to real life" type. Very live and let live, the kind of teacher loved by the common folk.

I like him. He's an honestly GOOD MAN.

When they hear that they immediately quit complaining.

"I'll be back then I can and when I have something interesting."

They shudder at the images.

Regardless those cannons of thiers will cause havoc in close range. Just load them with cans of cluster shot and use them as mobile artillery...

Easiest way to clear a hall full of orcs. Have one of them shove his barrel in the door and unload 20lbs of grape at point blank range.

Well when you put it that way.

Knew they'd come around Wink

The first leg of your trip goes spectacularly well.  From the the mountains back to the Empire itself, you manage to come across a dwarven caravan who heard about your exploits and eagerly offer to take you down to Nuln itself and they actually give a keg of the Bugman's they were taking with them as a means of thanks for freeing a hold, killing a terrible warboss, and making this trek much safer.

Stories are told, friendships are made, and if they ever need help I'll do my best reasonable to render aid.

Once you reach Nuln you're on your way North when you come across a broken carriage heading back to the City.  When you look in the carriage as you walk by even you are given a bit of a dry mouth for an instant by the gorgeous woman sitting in there.  She's older than you are though likely not a day over 30 and damn....just damn...

I cough. "Well, hello m'lady. You look like you need some help."

Thought so.

It's odd but understandable.

Depends on how they do.

Well. They're more balls than brains but they are GOOD.

Heh, amazing how ANY of them survive to knight of the realmhood.

They know thier shit.

d10

There's some fights... the most odd is when a slip of a girl barely over 5ft beats the shit out of a Knight with a foot and a half on her.

3d6

Well, for one is little miss badass. She seems to be a bretonian lass, no older than yourself and very pretty. The very model of bretonian maidenly virture if it wasn't for the odd scar and the fact she has a light tan. She's about 5'2", 120 lbs soaking wet, and was able to THROW a knight in full armor...

She's a merc captian with a small company and it seems the initiation ritual is if you have a problem taking orders from a woman she beats it out of you.

The second is a Bright Wizard who is special because... well... the fuck is a wizard doing here.

THe last is... well... is... IS THAT FUCKING GOTREK AND FELIX?! O.o

“You're THE Runesmith IRONBROW!?  I...I honestly don't know what to say....”

"Just show me the weapons lad..."

Ah change of plans then, I stay with Cosmina, doing my best to enjoy every minute I can with her while I wait for the final verdict, I also start looking for staff for my new holding.  Gotta do that at some point.

Okay. What do you intent to look for?

Well at some point I do ask Lord Todbringer what rumors have been going about my...excursions into the forests...I mean SOMEONE'S blabbed, I had KNIGHTS ERRANT from Bretonnia in that last bunch for crying out loud....(not in so many words of course, superior and all that)

Seems one of the knights sons who was offered the chance got drunk. After that... you know rumors.

“Right then, I'll leave you to it Master Ironbrow.”

He comes out before you can... looking like he's aged 10 years and quite a bit madder than when he entered.

"WHERE DID YOU GET THESE!? REALLY?!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:52 am

Well, the Lady probably blesses the nobles of Bretonnia to be very... fertile.  Smile And medieval families tend to be pretty big.

Heh true.

Why do I have a feeling that it'll be tested sooner than I'd like?

That depends, do you plan on doing something stupendously stupid?

I wonder how my weapons will affect daemons. Or Chaos favored champions' souls. The Secret War keeps going because the chief leader of the Beastmen horde keeps coming back from the dead again and again. Wonder if it would be possible to permakill the bastard.

Maybe you could seal him, but you COULD hurt him bad if you found him, might be able to keep in down for a while.

Heh, it'll be fun to see how they react when they see my strength.

Heh

"On my travel from the northern part of the Empire, rumors and reports of the Chaos aligned Northmen gathering become more frequent in the Empire, Kislev is facing Kurgan tribes which are moving in numbers unheard of, the Norscans are also stirring, the Beastmen are on the move within the Empire's forests, rampaging across the Empire, pillaging villages. I've seen the latter with my own eyes, and have killed hundreds of the beastmen with my own hands and weapons, along with the help of Kyra, this is no coincidence, Chaos may indeed be random most of the time... but the current trends are not to be ignored. Was not the previous Chaos incursion from the North, so called Great War against Chaos, preceded by Beastmen coming out of hiding within the Empire and wrecking havoc? Your dark cousins, the Dark Elves, are harrying the High Elves, keeping them busy and occupied. Taken together, it seems rather obvious that pieces are moving on the board, setting the field for another invasion by the forces of Chaos."

When they hear this all of these leaders go grim...seems you managed to get their attention, they talk among themselves before turning back to you.  They tell you that they believe you and that that will work to respond to this matter.  You've done your task and will be escorted to the edge of the forest.  They ask that Kyra stay to corroborate your story.

"Actually...I'd rather go with him, I have the premonition that following him will allow me to do more good than could be done here, honored elders."

They stare at her like she's lost her mind but they eventually allow it and the two of you will stay the night before you're led out.

"Vargr Skarin. They do it because I told them to," I reply with a shrug, taking a rag to the bloodied blades of by sword and axe before returning them to their place. "If it makes them any easier, think of them as my retainers. It's a kind of family tradition. And I'm here in part because I have a tendency to be incorrigibly mercenary, and in part to keep my friend over yonder from getting in too much trouble."

I incline my head towards Morty at the end of it.

The duke and all of the others present stare at you, not sure how to respond to that one and mistrust leading them to move to their weapons, amazingly Mort manages to diffuse the tense moment saying that regardless of your...peculiarities, you're the mightiest warrior he's ever met and a loyal man to the core.

The duke stares at Mort for a moment, before shrugging and saying that so long as your...companions don't EAT anyone then he really doesn't care.  With that, the duke leads the enlarged party back to Artois castle.

It'll be a while, anything you want to discuss on the trek to the castle?

Psyckosama wrote:Giggity.

Heh

"Funny story about how I met those three. Want to hear?"

"Why not?  My halls have had a dearth of cheer in a long while, need to make up for lost ground."

As far as Zeal goes his sin't that bad. He's more driven to emulate and live by the model set by Sigmar, he's not really the thoughtless and dogmatic type but more the "Try to apply the lessons to real life" type. Very live and let live, the kind of teacher loved by the common folk.

I like him. He's an honestly GOOD MAN.

Ah...sounds like a cool guy.

"I'll be back then I can and when I have something interesting."

They'll be ready any time.

Regardless those cannons of thiers will cause havoc in close range. Just load them with cans of cluster shot and use them as mobile artillery...

Easiest way to clear a hall full of orcs. Have one of them shove his barrel in the door and unload 20lbs of grape at point blank range.

But....agh...that damn mess...the shoddy ramshackle things...brrr....

Knew they'd come around Wink

Heh

Stories are told, friendships are made, and if they ever need help I'll do my best reasonable to render aid.

And the bugman's will be AWESOME!!!!!!

I cough. "Well, hello m'lady. You look like you need some help."

The woman in the cart turns her head to look at you....and now you feel like you're a Death-By-Chocolate Cake at a Sorority, least for a moment, then the sense disappears and your hear the woman's voice, a charming cultured voice.  "Indeed young man, my carriage seems to have broken down and I've sent my servants to looks for some help, and here I find it coming to me on it's own.  I am Countess Emmanuelle von Liebwitz of Nuln.  May I have your name?"  You notice that she flicks her eyes to Valten's form as well, his straw blonde locks and slightly younger build and face contrasting with your dark locks and slightly long facial hair, though she does smirk slightly when Frieda seems to all but teleport to Valten's side, then she turns her eyes back to you again.  A horrible thought comes to mind that the two of you look like men off the covers of REAL TRASHY Harlequin romance novels...

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style[/quote]

It's odd but understandable.

True

Well. They're more balls than brains but they are GOOD.

I can work with that.

They know thier shit.

True.

There's some fights... the most odd is when a slip of a girl barely over 5ft beats the shit out of a Knight with a foot and a half on her.

I stare at the girl, then back at the thrashed knight, then back to her..."Alright, I'm impressed but could you make sure to do that the beastmen and the cultists from now on?"

As for the knight, have some water thrown on him till he comes to then I want to hear what the hell happened here.

Well, for one is little miss badass. She seems to be a bretonian lass, no older than yourself and very pretty. The very model of bretonian maidenly virture if it wasn't for the odd scar and the fact she has a light tan. She's about 5'2", 120 lbs soaking wet, and was able to THROW a knight in full armor...

She's a merc captian with a small company and it seems the initiation ritual is if you have a problem taking orders from a woman she beats it out of you.

....alright, I'm curious about this one.  I'll see if I can talk about what her reasons for fighting in this are and what she thinks about my choices and methods in the field... she has experience as a merc and she must be good if she's the company commander.

The second is a Bright Wizard who is special because... well... the fuck is a wizard doing here.

I also talk with the man and ask why he's campaigning with me.  If its the chance for land...I make sure that he either get's an Island on a lake...or I'm digging one....or if a body of water isn't possible...then I'll making sure his lands have a firebreak a damn half mile wide.

THe last is... well... is... IS THAT FUCKING GOTREK AND FELIX?! O.o

I blink when I spot the two...it can't possibly be them...could it?  I mean...wow....  "Hello, good day t'you two...You two aren't the famous duo Gotrek Gurnisson and Felix Jaeger are you?  It's an honor to meet you Master Dwarf and good sir."

"Just show me the weapons lad..."

"Of course, here you are."

Okay. What do you intent to look for?

A good and reliable steward...I don't know the first damn thing about running a barony and I'll need someone to help with management, then I'll need at least one skilled woodsman and possible a cadre to act an adviser and personal scout when I'm...hunting solo.  Then there's everything else that needs to be done to set up a residence...also where to actually set up my base at would be helpful as well...

Seems one of the knights sons who was offered the chance got drunk. After that... you know rumors.

"Hopefully the Sigmarites don't get...twitchy..."

He comes out before you can... looking like he's aged 10 years and quite a bit madder than when he entered.

"WHERE DID YOU GET THESE!? REALLY?!"

So he's not buying the, 'found them in a Tilean Tomb' is he?

I sigh...and ask in a defeated voice..."Would you believe I woke up one morning with them sitting right beside me?  And it was the same day I could suddenly rip grown trees out of the ground?  AND the same day that I was picked up by a priest of Morr who was the first to notice that something was...off about me, and not just my strength?"

If he calls bullshit on that, "Well frankly I don't have a better answer than that.  They literally appeared out of nowhere one day.  I don't know where they came from and I don't know why.  All I know is that they are the best weapons I've ever had and I thank the gods I was the one lucky enough to receive them. I'm sorry, that's all I know."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:59 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh true.

Having a fair bit of credit with the Bretonians wont hurt if/when I need to call them to arms to aid the Empire.

That depends, do you plan on doing something stupendously stupid?

Not yet... though it may come to charging into the middle of a Chaos horde to kill a Champion of Chaos sooner or later though.  Razz 

Maybe you could seal him, but you COULD hurt him bad if you found him, might be able to keep in down for a while.

That would be ideal, and would earn quite abit of kudos from the Wood Elves, even putting him down for a while would give the Wood Elves some breathing room.

When they hear this all of these leaders go grim...seems you managed to get their attention, they talk among themselves before turning back to you.  They tell you that they believe you and that that will work to respond to this matter.  You've done your task and will be escorted to the edge of the forest.  They ask that Kyra stay to corroborate your story.

"Actually...I'd rather go with him, I have the premonition that following him will allow me to do more good than could be done here, honored elders."

They stare at her like she's lost her mind but they eventually allow it and the two of you will stay the night before you're led out.

Well, I guess we'll enjoy some Wood Elf hospitality for the night. Me thinks Kyra has mellowed out quite abit towards me.  Very Happy Laughing

Hopefully nothing bad happens over night.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Why not?  My halls have had a dearth of cheer in a long while, need to make up for lost ground."

I tell him the madcap tale that began with an attempted robbery and ended with them serving me.

Ah...sounds like a cool guy.

A yep!

They'll be ready any time.

Good to know.

But....agh...that damn mess...the shoddy ramshackle things...brrr....

"Any mess that results in dozens of dead orcs is a good mess."

And the bugman's will be AWESOME!!!!!!

Oh yes!

The woman in the cart turns her head to look at you....and now you feel like you're a Death-By-Chocolate Cake at a Sorority, least for a moment, then the sense disappears and your hear the woman's voice, a charming cultured voice.  "Indeed young man, my carriage seems to have broken down and I've sent my servants to looks for some help, and here I find it coming to me on it's own.  I am Countess Emmanuelle von Liebwitz of Nuln.  May I have your name?"

I introduce myself gracefully, giving her a roguish smile. Then I introduce my companions...

You notice that she flicks her eyes to Valten's form as well, his straw blonde locks and slightly younger build and face contrasting with your dark locks and slightly long facial hair, though she does smirk slightly when Frieda seems to all but teleport to Valten's side, then she turns her eyes back to you again.  A horrible thought comes to mind that the two of you look like men off the covers of REAL TRASHY Harlequin romance novels...

And that's a bad thing.

"Ah, now what seems to be the problem? While I'm no craftsman, I know my way around a coach as well as any other man, my young companion is a blacksmith by trade and I possess a rare strength. I'm sure we could get you mobile with reletive ease. "Why..." my eyes twinkle. "I carry the coach into town if I must."

We try and fix it. Failing that. I do indeed carry it.

I stare at the girl, then back at the thrashed knight, then back to her..."Alright, I'm impressed but could you make sure to do that the beastmen and the cultists from now on?"

"Zat depends! Are any other of zese sons of 'ores going to say zat I'd be better placed in zeir bedc'ambers zan on a battlefield?" she glares. "Non? I did not zink so!"

As for the knight, have some water thrown on him till he comes to then I want to hear what the hell happened here.

He was simply saying that a fragile flower such as she should not endanger herself doing men's work...

....alright, I'm curious about this one.  I'll see if I can talk about what her reasons for fighting in this are and what she thinks about my choices and methods in the field... she has experience as a merc and she must be good if she's the company commander.

Well, for one what is your actual PLAN besides GO FORTH AND KILL. She's worked with less, but still... its kinda slim.

I also talk with the man and ask why he's campaigning with me.  If its the chance for land...I make sure that he either get's an Island on a lake...or I'm digging one....or if a body of water isn't possible...then I'll making sure his lands have a firebreak a damn half mile wide.

How did you know?

I blink when I spot the two...it can't possibly be them...could it?  I mean...wow....  "Hello, good day t'you two...You two aren't the famous duo Gotrek Gurnisson and Felix Jaeger are you?  It's an honor to meet you Master Dwarf and good sir."

"Ah, so you're a reader. It is a pleasure to meet you..." Felix states.

Gotrek burps. "I heard tell you killed how many beastmen?" He looks over you "I can't see it."

A good and reliable steward...I don't know the first damn thing about running a barony and I'll need someone to help with management, then I'll need at least one skilled woodsman and possible a cadre to act an adviser and personal scout when I'm...hunting solo.  Then there's everything else that needs to be done to set up a residence...also where to actually set up my base at would be helpful as well...

Roll for each. D10

"Hopefully the Sigmarites don't get...twitchy..."

Half of it was seen as drunken delusions. By that point he was VERY drunk.

So he's not buying the, 'found them in a Tilean Tomb' is he?

No.

I sigh...and ask in a defeated voice..."Would you believe I woke up one morning with them sitting right beside me?  And it was the same day I could suddenly rip grown trees out of the ground?  AND the same day that I was picked up by a priest of Morr who was the first to notice that something was...off about me, and not just my strength?"

"No."

If he calls bullshit on that, "Well frankly I don't have a better answer than that.  They literally appeared out of nowhere one day.  I don't know where they came from and I don't know why.  All I know is that they are the best weapons I've ever had and I thank the gods I was the one lucky enough to receive them. I'm sorry, that's all I know."

"Define out of nowhere, manling."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:19 am

Having a fair bit of credit with the Bretonians wont hurt if/when I need to call them to arms to aid the Empire.

Well Louen was already going to call an Erranty war but that certainly couldn't hurt.

Not yet... though it may come to charging into the middle of a Chaos horde to kill a Champion of Chaos sooner or later though.  Razz 

Heh...or a REALLY bad dice roll.

That would be ideal, and would earn quite abit of kudos from the Wood Elves, even putting him down for a while would give the Wood Elves some breathing room.

True very true.

Well, I guess we'll enjoy some Wood Elf hospitality for the night. Me thinks Kyra has mellowed out quite abit towards me.  Very Happy Laughing

Hopefully nothing bad happens over night.

As a matter of fact you manage to get a day when a band of wardancers are preforming for the settlement. If you keep your mouth shut and DON'T interrupt them, you might get to watch them.

Either way roll a d100.

Psyckosama wrote:I tell him the madcap tale that began with an attempted robbery and ended with them serving me.

And he's in stitches at the image.

"Any mess that results in dozens of dead orcs is a good mess."

BUT IT'S SO POORLY MADE!!! (they get it though...MUST BE RECTIFIED!)

Oh yes!

Like you died and went to beer heaven.

I introduce myself gracefully, giving her a roguish smile. Then I introduce my companions...

She doesn't seem to recognize any of those names but she graciously greet each of you in turn.

And that's a bad thing.

You mean it ISN'T a bad thing?

"Ah, now what seems to be the problem? While I'm no craftsman, I know my way around a coach as well as any other man, my young companion is a blacksmith by trade and I possess a rare strength. I'm sure we could get you mobile with reletive ease. "Why..." my eyes twinkle. "I carry the coach into town if I must."

We try and fix it. Failing that. I do indeed carry it.

Valten is quick to grab a small hammer and pair of tongs from his pack and quickly kneels down to look at the damage. He gets back up and shakes his head. The axle's broke in two and the bottom's giving, need a proper Cartwright to fix this one. "You want to do this solo or how about we work together on this one?"

Either way you usher the lady back into her carrigae and either you by yourself or you and and Valten lift the carriage and begin trotting back to Nuln the rest of the party traveling with you though the servants of the countess are a little subdued to say the least.

When you get to a village with a cartmaker you quickly set the massive structure down. The Countess leaves the carriage a bit quickly but not flustered. She looks the two of you again and says, "That was most impressive sirs, care to explain how you did that." There was still play in her voice but now a bit of suspicion tinged it.

"Zat depends! Are any other of zese sons of 'ores going to say zat I'd be better placed in zeir bedc'ambers zan on a battlefield?" she glares. "Non? I did not zink so!"

"Not that few would object to the later." If she gives me a look I raise my hands, "Just an observation, I'm actually affianced myself, doesn't mean I can appreciate a work of beauty from a distance when I see it."

He was simply saying that a fragile flower such as she should not endanger herself doing men's work...

"Let that be a lesson to you lad, when a tiny little girl like that is the captain of a mercernary company at such a young age, it's usually for a damn good reason, be glad this wasn't a battlefield, underestimating a foe will get you killed VERY, VERY quickly."

I'll help the young man to his feet and get him some food and drink to stabilize him. I'll also make sure he gets to charge at the from in the next large enough fight to whet his glory houndness.

Well, for one what is your actual PLAN besides GO FORTH AND KILL. She's worked with less, but still... its kinda slim.

Honestly, not too much more other than cultists, especially Khornates, aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed and they likely haven't thought of bugging out. The idea was to hopefully encircle them out drive them out on a wave of enough men to push them on a large front, hopefully catching them in the process.

How did you know?

How did I know what? He's a fire wizard...the clothing and hair a re a bit of a giveaway.

He wants land? That's the whole drive behind everyone here.

The safety precausions? I don't want the risk of a forest fire, if something gets out of hand.

"Ah, so you're a reader. It is a pleasure to meet you..." Felix states.

Gotrek burps. "I heard tell you killed how many beastmen?" He looks over you "I can't see it."

"Several thousand master Gurnisson. As to how," I take a poker and roll it like a fruit rollup...with one hand...then I hand it to them, "Does that answer your question?"

"And what brings you two here? On a simple cultist and beastman hunt? Surely the two of you aren't settling down as farmers of all things?"

Roll for each. D10

Steward: Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :
Gamemaster: Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :
Castle Staff: Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Half of it was seen as drunken delusions. By that point he was VERY drunk.

That gets a sigh of relief from me.

No.

Darn.

"No."

Darn

"As in I went to sleep on evening an ordinary man, and the next I woke up with the might and weapons of a god, without an explanation, or even a starting point. It's as if I was given this phenomenal power with the attitude of 'here you go, do whatever" if it wasn't for the Ar-Ulric's help it'd almost be logical to assume something darker was at work here. Which is isn't we've made sure of that."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well Louen was already going to call an Erranty war but that certainly couldn't hurt.

That will be very good. IIRC the Empire and Kislev for that matter, essentially stood alone for much of the war. Having Bretonia and hopefully the Wood Elves helping from the start should make alot of difference.

Heh...or a REALLY bad dice roll.

True very true.

Hm... I hope I haven't jinxed myself.  Laughing 

As a matter of fact you manage to get a day when a band of wardancers are preforming for the settlement.  If you keep your mouth shut and DON'T interrupt them, you might get to watch them.

This should be interesting, of course I will be respectfully silent.

Either way roll a d100.

Hope the roll is good!

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:33 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 59

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:
And he's in stitches at the image.

I grin and laugh with him. "I wish I could go back in time and show you the looks on thier faces. It was as if someone had clubbed them with a weak old fish."

BUT IT'S SO POORLY MADE!!! (they get it though...MUST BE RECTIFIED!)

Good luck lads...

Like you died and went to beer heaven.

She doesn't seem to recognize any of those names but she graciously greet each of you in turn.

Not even luthor?

You mean it ISN'T a bad thing?

:p

Valten is quick to grab a small hammer and pair of tongs from his pack and quickly kneels down to look at the damage.  He gets back up and shakes his head.  The axle's broke in two and the bottom's giving, need a proper Cartwright to fix this one.  "You want to do this solo or how about we work together on this one?"

"I've got it. I need someone to move ours along..."

Either way you usher the lady back into her carrigae and either you by yourself or you and and Valten lift the carriage and begin trotting back to Nuln the rest of the party traveling with you though the servants of the countess are a little subdued to say the least.  

I do it.

When you get to a village with a cartmaker you quickly set the massive structure down.  The Countess leaves the carriage a bit quickly but not flustered.  She looks the two of you again and says, "That was most impressive sirs, care to explain how you did that."  There was still play in her voice but now a bit of suspicion tinged it.

I smile. "That would ruin the surprise, though I can assure you that if we carried any form of taint we would not be traveling with the Prophet of Sigmar..." I nod to Huss. "There is to the an announcement in Middenheim for the Hochwinter. I'd like to invite you to join the festivities as my guest..."

And yes, I will make it with several days to spare. Maybe even a week.

"Not that few would object to the later."  If she gives me a look I raise my hands, "Just an observation, I'm actually affianced myself, doesn't mean I can appreciate a work of beauty from a distance when I see it."

She gives you a dirty look. "I assure you zat I am quite capable..."

"Let that be a lesson to you lad, when a tiny little girl like that is the captain of a mercernary company at such a young age, it's usually for a damn good reason, be glad this wasn't a battlefield, underestimating a foe will get you killed VERY, VERY quickly."

I'll help the young man to his feet and get him some food and drink to stabilize him.  I'll also make sure he gets to charge at the from in the next large enough fight to whet his glory houndness.

"Ugh..."

Honestly, not too much more other than cultists, especially Khornates, aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed and they likely haven't thought of bugging out.  The idea was to hopefully encircle them out drive them out on a wave of enough men to push them on a large front, hopefully catching them in the process.

"Zese woods are massive. Zey could isolate and eliminate us one by one, group by group..."

How did I know what?  He's a fire wizard...the clothing and hair a re a bit of a giveaway.

He wants land?  That's the whole drive behind everyone here.

The safety precausions?  I don't want the risk of a forest fire, if something gets out of hand.

Ah. Right.

"Several thousand master Gurnisson.  As to how,"  I take a poker and roll it like a fruit rollup...with one hand...then I hand it to them, "Does that answer your question?"

Gotrek gives it a tug and gives you a level look. "How did you do that manling."

"And what brings you two here?  On a simple cultist and beastman hunt?  Surely the two of you aren't settling down as farmers of all things?"

"Somethin' to kill. Heard they summoned a Greater Demon. Wondering if they'll get around to calling another..." evil grin.

Horirolls

Well, the Steward might be a spy... The Gamemaster is defiantly a spy... The household are all ill-trained peasants... And the location isn't ideal.

"As in I went to sleep on evening an ordinary man, and the next I woke up with the might and weapons of a god, without an explanation, or even a starting point.  It's as if I was given this phenomenal power with the attitude of 'here you go, do whatever"  if it wasn't for the Ar-Ulric's help it'd almost be logical to assume something darker was at work here.  Which is isn't we've made sure of that."[/quote]

He's still giving you THAT look.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:The duke and all of the others present stare at you, not sure how to respond to that one and mistrust leading them to move to their weapons, amazingly Mort manages to diffuse the tense moment saying that regardless of your...peculiarities, you're the mightiest warrior he's ever met and a loyal man to the core.

The duke stares at Mort for a moment, before shrugging and saying that so long as your...companions don't EAT anyone then he really doesn't care.  With that, the duke leads the enlarged party back to Artois castle.

It'll be a while, anything you want to discuss on the trek to the castle?

Not really. There's not too much to talk about at this point, really, or at least it's nothing that can't wait until we get to someplace with walls.

I make sure to send groups of wolves out to scout ahead and make sure we aren't being tailed though. Better safe than sorry, and it seems like a good habit to get into. I have all those extra eyes and ears. Might as well use them.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:32 am

That will be very good. IIRC the Empire and Kislev for that matter, essentially stood alone for much of the war. Having Bretonia and hopefully the Wood Elves helping from the start should make alot of difference.

And wasn't like those young lunks in the tin suits had anything better to do right?

Hm... I hope I haven't jinxed myself.  Laughing 

Snerk

This should be interesting, of course I will be respectfully silent.

It is...quite the entertainment and it take a force of will to keep quiet and still....

At the height of the dance though...a bullhorn is heard from the East...everything stops dead...it's quickly explained that a large beastmen herd is moving in from the mountains.  Everyone who fights is immediately scrambling to gird themselves for war.

Psyckosama wrote:I grin and laugh with him. "I wish I could go back in time and show you the looks on thier faces. It was as if someone had clubbed them with a weak old fish."

And more laughs

Good luck lads...

Heh

Hah

Not even luthor?

Well Luthor actually does cause a twitch...but Religious goings on isn't her preferred topic.

:p

Heh

"I've got it. I need someone to move ours along..."

Right forgot about that.  Valten shoulder the damn thing and halls it himself, though not nearly as quickly or easily as you did, he's already immensely strong and getting stronger...but he isn't there just yet.

I smile. "That would ruin the surprise, though I can assure you that if we carried any form of taint we would not be traveling with the Prophet of Sigmar..." I nod to Huss. "There is to the an announcement in Middenheim for the Hochwinter. I'd like to invite you to join the festivities as my guest..."

And yes, I will make it with several days to spare. Maybe even a week.

She gives you an appraising look... "It would be my pleasure." She finally says, she even does one better, she wants to come along with you on whatever mad caper you've got cooking.

In a few short days she's traveling along with you trying to find out what she can about you, Valten, Huss, and the Middenheimers, at about the border of Wissenland and Reikland, Valten takes you to the side as you camp and asks you something, he's convinced he loves Frieda and that Frieda loves him but he isn't sure how to propose to her and whether he should considering the insane shit the two of you will be going into.  He isn't sure HE'LL be able to handle it let alone Frieda, he's watched how the Countess and her have interacted and if that's a hint of her life with him he wants her OUT of that mess even IF it means she's not with him.

She gives you a dirty look. "I assure you zat I am quite capable..."

"I just saw you throw a grown man in a suit of armor like he was a rag doll.  I don't doubt you in the slightest."

"Ugh..."

Repeat when he's lucid.

"Zese woods are massive. Zey could isolate and eliminate us one by one, group by group..."

"Good point...and your suggestion would be?"

Ah. Right.

"Just watch your aim master wizard and everything should be alright."

Gotrek gives it a tug and gives you a level look. "How did you do that manling."

"I'm strong...extremely so...absurdly so, I could probably do the same thing with gromril with relative ease if I wanted."  I look around, "I recently took on a bloodthirster near here.  I managed to ground the thing when I ripped grown trees from the ground and used them like giant javelins."

"Somethin' to kill. Heard they summoned a Greater Demon. Wondering if they'll get around to calling another..." evil grin.

I get a pained look on my face when he says that.  "If we go up against a brute like that...then I've failed this entire endeavor..."  I tell them what I found after I banished the greater demon, the skulls and the pain, and the oath I swore  

"WHOEVER DID THIS, DO NOT THINK FOR A MOMENT THAT YOU WILL GO UNPUNISHED FOR THIS ATROCITY.  I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU MYSELF!  AND NO HOLE WILL BE DEEP ENOUGH, NO WALL TOO THICK, NO BARRIER TOO STRONG, NO LAND TOO FAR, NO SANCTUARY TOO SECLUDED, WHERE YOU CAN HIDE FROM MY WRATH!"

If they managed to gather another 64 children and kill them so cruelly...then what the hell have I been doing?

Well, the Steward might be a spy... The Gamemaster is defiantly a spy... The household are all ill-trained peasants... And the location isn't ideal.

KEEP LOOKING!

Steward:

Gamemaster:

Household staff:

He's still giving you THAT look.

Almost wanting to pull my hair out at this point I keep trying to convince him of the truth, until either he believes me or the both of us realize that this is getting us nowhere.

Either way I eventually ask him something else.  There was a rune axe I had found back in the Reikland, got it off a orc boss I killed after I learned his band has sack a village or two.  I want to return it to its proper owners or their closest of kin and is there any chance you'd recognize who might have owned this or at least give me a place to start?

I get him the other ax as soon as I can.

Not really. There's not too much to talk about at this point, really, or at least it's nothing that can't wait until we get to someplace with walls.

I make sure to send groups of wolves out to scout ahead and make sure we aren't being tailed though. Better safe than sorry, and it seems like a good habit to get into. I have all those extra eyes and ears. Might as well use them.

The wolves slink off without a sound and nothing seems to indicate that there is any trouble coming.  The trek is fairly quiet, the duke not one for talking much.  Though one of his companions does ask where you came from originally.

Eventually though you reach Artois Castle...it's about as different a Ducal home as could be possible, smaller than Brionne but sturdy  and no nonsense in make and you notice that most of the knights here are much more...rugged than the vast majority of the Brionne men you saw, finally (and you want to drop to your knees and thank God for this one) every one doesn't think they're the greatest bard and song writer ever...if you ever had to hear another hack mangle a lute and the human tongue...you might have snapped there.

You also notice that there are plenty of non-Bretonnians here as well.  Including Empire men armed with Firearms.  When you ask apparently so long as men come to fight beastmen the duke doesn't give a damn where they came from and he makes sure none of his men make a fuss either.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:And wasn't like those young lunks in the tin suits had anything better to do right?

Of course!  Very Happy 

It is...quite the entertainment and it take a force of will to keep quiet and still....

I'll bet, the Wood Elves and Elves in general have a very long time to sharpen their skills, for war and other more mundane skills. These wardancers are likely the pinnacle of their skills/career if they are performing here.

I think I'll have a great time along with Kyra... until something interrupts it.

At the height of the dance though...a bullhorn is heard from the East...everything stops dead...it's quickly explained that a large beastmen herd is moving in from the mountains.  Everyone who fights is immediately scrambling to gird themselves for war.

Well, here it is. This should be interesting.

Anyways, I'll go to whoever is in charge or whoever I can reach and offer my help and request their permission to go fight alongside them against the Beastmen. If they accept, I'll get my weapons ready and march with them to confront the Beastmen. And I believe Kyra is going to want to stay and fight as well.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:And more laughs

Ah, good times...

Well Luthor actually does cause a twitch...but Religious goings on isn't her preferred topic.

True.

Right forgot about that.  Valten shoulder the damn thing and halls it himself, though not nearly as quickly or easily as you did, he's already immensely strong and getting stronger...but he isn't there just yet.

"Grin and bare it lad, only a half a day's walk. Good for the soul!"

She gives you an appraising look... "It would be my pleasure." She finally says, she even does one better, she wants to come along with you on whatever mad caper you've got cooking.

Actually, this is the current mad caper we have going. Its the next one that she needs to worry about Wink

In a few short days she's traveling along with you trying to find out what she can about you, Valten, Huss,

Ah. Well, I do tell everyone not to let out any big secrets.

and the Middenheimers, at about the border of Wissenland and Reikland, Valten takes you to the side as you camp and asks you something, he's convinced he loves Frieda and that Frieda loves him but he isn't sure how to propose to her and whether he should considering the insane shit the two of you will be going into.

You only live one and love is a powerful force. She's already connected to this group and its adventures. She was with us when w reclaimed your hammer. She was with us when we smashed the Skaven hoard. She was with us when we freed a Dwarf Hold. Remember, you both have your cut of that last one as well. She's probably as rich as the countess... if not more so.

So are our two good clerics as well. Which I do point out to them. I have a feeling that the Temple of Ulric is about to become flush with money and Luthor is going to be putting his cut into a whole whole lot of public good. Smile

He isn't sure HE'LL be able to handle it let alone Frieda, he's watched how the Countess and her have interacted and if that's a hint of her life with him he wants her OUT of that mess even IF it means she's not with him.

The girl will probably be made a living saint of both the Ulrician and Sigmariate faiths after all this... an icon of Empire Womanhood. Brave and beautiful, competent and clever, willing to support the men in her life*, but quick and capable to raising her own blade, or pistol, in the defense of that which she holds important.

*in his case, a lover, in mine, a surrogate elder brother.

Seriously, the girl is literate. I'd like to see if she'd be willing to publish her journal of these events along with the clerics.

As for her abilities in polite company... she needs to be trained.

"I just saw you throw a grown man in a suit of armor like he was a rag doll.  I don't doubt you in the slightest."

"I find zhat many men 'ave very poor memoriez."

Repeat when he's lucid.

HE thinks its a fluke and she's obviously chaos touched.

"Good point...and your suggestion would be?"

Recruit real Scouts and do this slowly and methodically. You're never going to clear the full forrest, but at least you can get the areas of immediate habitation.

"Just watch your aim master wizard and everything should be alright."

Mad smile.

"I'm strong...extremely so...absurdly so, I could probably do the same thing with gromril with relative ease if I wanted."  I look around, "I recently took on a bloodthirster near here.  I managed to ground the thing when I ripped grown trees from the ground and used them like giant javelins."

He chuckles. "Well, we might want to travel with you for a bit. Sounds like you find the most... interestin' things."

Felix pales a bit.

I get a pained look on my face when he says that.  "If we go up against a brute like that...then I've failed this entire endeavor..."  I tell them what I found after I banished the greater demon, the skulls and the pain, and the oath I swore  

"WHOEVER DID THIS, DO NOT THINK FOR A MOMENT THAT YOU WILL GO UNPUNISHED FOR THIS ATROCITY.  I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU MYSELF!  AND NO HOLE WILL BE DEEP ENOUGH, NO WALL TOO THICK, NO BARRIER TOO STRONG, NO LAND TOO FAR, NO SANCTUARY TOO SECLUDED, WHERE YOU CAN HIDE FROM MY WRATH!"

If they managed to gather another 64 children and kill them so cruelly...then what the hell have I been doing?

Then it would be the next three lots you save. Manling children are easily found in the here about. If the chaos buggers want kids, they'll bloody find 'em. Sometimes the most you can do is kill the blasted thing and hope for the best.

Which in his case probably involves him going to in a blaze of glory and mutual annihilation.

Steward:

Boris takes pity on you and sends you one of his men. The guy is probably answering to the Graf but is HYPER competent.

Gamemaster:

You manage to get a decent scout to take up the job. Though you're not quite sure about his background. It is a bit thin.

Household staff:

You might need to go farther afield.

Lets just say you find a location about 5-10 miles from the road that is commanding, beautiful and easily defended. Seriously, you build a castle here and it will be so picturesque that Disney would approve.

Almost wanting to pull my hair out at this point I keep trying to convince him of the truth, until either he believes me or the both of us realize that this is getting us nowhere.

"So you're tellin' me you woke up in the middle of nowhere bloody strong with god forged weapons?"

Either way I eventually ask him something else.  There was a rune axe I had found back in the Reikland, got it off a orc boss I killed after I learned his band has sack a village or two.  I want to return it to its proper owners or their closest of kin and is there any chance you'd recognize who might have owned this or at least give me a place to start?

I get him the other ax as soon as I can.

He takes it. Most humans would have kept them. There are some famlies that will be pleased to see these returned, Dwarf Friend.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next