Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:33 am

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

I weigh the pros and cons of that for a few moments before acquiescing. On one hand, potentially dangerous. On the other, I'd be more than interested in the results of that examination myself.

Later on a young woman with Russet loose hair, a wooden staff, and a long dress with a PLUNGING neckline  she examines you several times, once or twice quite seriously, though that third time there is an odd smirking...interest, especially when she lingered on your muscled stomach, chest, and arms.

She finally announces that you're clean.  She also mentions that her name is Ariane, before she walks away, well closer to glide, she moves so gracefully and stately, but you swear there's a slight hint of a hip swing when she sees you're watching her.

No one else notices that thankfully and Duke Chilfroy says that it seems that you're clean but he does ask what all are you are capable of and where you hail from.  He wants to know as much as he can what he's in for having you around.

[quoteLuck mostly. Not sure if it was good or bad. I'm just as curious as to why I've found Imperial soldiers here.[/quote]

Well they're from the empire but they're not state troops, closer to old mercernaries they are around these parts.  Most of them either had lost someone to beastmen or just hated them, and many found a way to hurt them by fighting them here under the Duke's army.  Others just enjoy fighting and Chilfroy, who needs all the fighting men he can get, allows them with gusto.

Psyckosama wrote:Happy to oblige.

Heh

Deep sigh.

"What?"

My kingdom for a camera.

Sure you want to make bargains like that under the horned moons, something tends to listen.

Business before pleasure as the saying goes.

Indeed.

"I do what I can."

"Humble to."  Is the chuckled response.

I smile warmly. "That's the intent. The Ulricians gain a champion, the Sigmarites would rise up. The Sigmarites gain a chamption, the Ulricians would cry foul. Both gods send a champion, and we make it clear we're buddy buddy, well, it's hard to make accusations without looking like a complete and utter tit."

Both men raise eyebrows, then look at each other, a smile spreds across their faces at the idea, "Yes, that would be indeed be the best possible outcome."

I do warn that at least for now I don't be able to dedicate as much time as I'd like... but I'll happily help out. I have a lot of commitments across the land.

He understands, the Drakwald's been hell for ages, it isn't changing too soon as of now.

"Beer. The cause of and solution to all of life's little problems..."

Some chuckles.

I look at them. "I will be summoning you again at the Hochwinter to celebrate our Lord Ulric and my announcement in the lands of men as his champion. Then together we will clear the Drakwald of its taint and make it truly the wood of the wolf."

The wolves seem to understand this and slink away back into the forest with a collective nod of their heads.

I immediately warn the Ur-Ulric.

This will be a war for the ages to come. The 4 are crafting their champions in response to Valten and I.

Valten is Sigmar's mortal spirit reborn of his own blood, forged in the fires of divinity and returned to the empire in its time of need. His avatar, his reincarnation, his child.

While I am the son of the Wolf God and the Dovahkiin, a mortal hero born with a dragon's soul and the chosen champion of foreign gods. Like Valten I am both mortal and god by my nature.

These champions are simply mortals who have been blessed with especially potent and freakish powers and mutations. Mighty, but it is not part of their being, it is not who they are. I believe though that they will find their efforts to be ultimately inferior. Though we must beware. Quantity is a quality of its own, and five on two can still be difficult odds.

The ar-Ulric turns pale as a sheet when he hears that the Champions might be absurdly mighty as well but he seems to take heart at how you and Valten of...Higher quality than the men (and he uses that work LOOSELY) who follow the ways of the four, which makes sense in a way to him.

I also spend some time with Valten in prayer, who I strongly suggest use Ghal Maraz as his icon of meditation. I intend to summon the packs, to show that I have Ulric's blessing. I pray to Sigmar that when Valten is announced, I ask that he send a sign.

Hopefully this will get us a twin tailed comet! Very Happy

He seems to like those.

We'll see.  Though the prayer does seem to help the both of you though Valten slightly more so.

First I howl... and the packs come forward.

When you let lose that howl, one that is almost as much a shockwave as it is sound, many doubters are soon on their knees as well.  Not a minute after and a cocaphany of howls begins to be audible, soon wolves are surrounding the city...according to messengers from the walls there are hundereds, if not thousands of wolves, regular, giant, or otherwise wandering around the city, howling loudly as if responding to someone, that summoned them here.

As the people stare at this news and begin to mutter among themselves a bright golden light fills the sky and people stare in awed wonder as a giant twin-tailed comet appears and seems to hover over where Valten is standing, more than a little awed himself. Men and women all fall to their knees and faces at these portents.

I introduce myself, who I am, what I am. My dedication to the people and justice, to the wisdom of the past and the great potential of the future. And I say I am not alone...Sigmar too has chosen a champion...

And Valten is introduce. And the tales of our travels are told.

IF you like I can add more detail.

When you introduce Valten and show the twin-tailed comet on his chest, many grow greatly worried, wondering what this means but when you mention that the two of you are battle-brothers, they relax just a hair, and when you're finishing your tales, they're roaring for Valten as loudly as for you.  Though that group IS smaller than the Ulricans.  Just when you thought the noise would stop...think again.  For a shrieking roar is heard and people exclaim when a Griffon comes into sight and lands before the two of you...before bowing to Valten you see an odd mark inbetween it's eyes, closer examination and you realize that the mark is the Twintailed comet.  You ask for a sign, here it is.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style[/quote]

"Welcome to politics."

"Please hang your morality and decency on the wall before you enter..."  I mutter.

It's an active day of celebration. Sweets and pastries in the form of wolves are sold on the streets, great braziers are lit, the dedicated wander about in the skins of wolves, entertainers play thier trade. Priests walk through the streets handing out alms and blessing all in the path in His name. Even packs of sacred wolves are let loose in the streets, mingling with the people, being fed treats and sweat meats but not harming the worshipers (though a couple obnoxious drunks might get themselves lightly mauled and small children growled or snapped at after tugging on the "doggy's" tail).  It's a grand festivle with a wolf and fire theme, as the streets ring with the songs of the Wolf God.

And in the end of it the massive crowds congregate to the great square for the great event. In the center of the square is a great firepit, which the Ur-Ulric lights with a torch lit from the fires of the Sacred Flame itself, and the faithful from across may step foward carrying small wolf lanterns to capture a small bit of that sacred flame for themseves that the Wolf God may warm and protect thier homes in the coming winter.

The people are blessed. The innitiates are inducted into the faith...

And the Ur-Ulric has an announcement. In these times of darkenss, Ulric has seen fit to send to his people something not seen since the foundation of the empire. He has sent a mightly hero to stand amongst men, carrying his blessings that his people might be protected... they have tested your purity in his sacred flame and you were unburned. They have test your might and you have crushed chaos beneath your heel. They have tested your character and you have shown yourself to be a good and noble man, rightious of character with a strength of spirit that matches your boundless might.

STEP FORWARD CHOSEN OF ULRIC!

I step forward, then I clash my ax against my shield and bellow a battle cry of the old Teutogens I looked up for such an occasion.

I then introduce myself, "I am Skarin Beowulfsson, and every word the Ar-Ulric has said is the utter truth, I have walked into the flames of Ulric and have not been harmed, I was even granted a boon by the wolf-father."  I activate the flames to show the now blue flames that my ax emits when I trigger the fire runes.

I then continue I tell them of my great might and my accomplishments, slaying the ork warband in the Reikland, entering the flames, slaying Khazrak of the one-eye singlehandedly, slaying thousands of beastmen with the knights panthers, my rank and title from the graf, I even mention the Greater Demon and the final harrowing of the Drakwald in retaliation for the slaughter of the children.

"Although each tale may seem more stupendous than the last, they are utterly true, I swear by Ulric's Fire."  I wait for a dramatic moment, then I continue.  "But there I see there is still doubt among you.  Well the Wolf-God gave me another boon."  I draw a deep breath, then howl at the top of my lungs, just like I had in the Drakwald.  I'll wait for the wolves to respond before I continue.

Last edited by Brian Boru on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:39 am

Reposting since you missed me.

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing

Brian Boru wrote:Tough as hell though, but yes STUPID!

Of course not all Khornites are so stupid. Sadly.

Word of advice...ICE IS FUCKING HAX for two armies going at each other.

Got it, I guess I can try it out next big battle.  Smile 

When you turn your fury of the Bestigors, they barely last for more than a few minutes before being torn to shreds.  When the gors see what happened to the Bestigors, they shatter like eggshells   scattering in multiple directions though most seem to be heading in the direction of the mountains.  Most of the elves follow these groups though a group remain to finish off the wounded beasts and dispose of them

Excellent, hope the Elves had light losses. Most likely thanks to me.  Cool 

Heh, and beastman STINKS!  Be glad it wan't a Nurglite group.

Ugh, don't remind me, I think I'll see if I can get some stain resistant clothing from somewhere. Or just get a runic armor from the Dorfs... if I get enough of a debt from them.

One of the leaders, a younger looking copy of the blonde leader who seemed to head that council you met earlier, looks you over, than simple asks, "What are you?"

I shrug at the question. "As far as I know, I am a human. But of course such physical abilities are rather far beyond a normal human's... to say the least. In all honesty, I do not know what I am. It has rather been at the back of my mind. I believe I can find an answer once I go back to the Empire. But right now? Your guess is as good as mine."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:32 am

Brian Boru wrote:"What?"

"Your quipage is weak, boy."

Sure you want to make bargains like that under the horned moons, something tends to listen.

It was an unspoken joke.

"Humble to."  Is the chuckled response.

"I let my actions stand on their own merits. No one likes a bragart."

Both men raise eyebrows, then look at each other, a smile spreds across their faces at the idea, "Yes, that would be indeed be the best possible outcome."

"Second best. Would be nice if Taal had bothered to attend the party." I grin.

He understands, the Drakwald's been hell for ages, it isn't changing too soon as of now.

"Aye, though do expect me to do some work with it. I see some locations that could use a road..."

Some chuckles.

I grin.

The wolves seem to understand this and slink away back into the forest with a collective nod of their heads.

"Oh, and I intend to start a small tradition... setting treats out for the wolves as a offering."

I wink.

The ar-Ulric turns pale as a sheet when he hears that the Champions might be absurdly mighty as well but he seems to take heart at how you and Valten of...Higher quality than the men (and he uses that work LOOSELY) who follow the ways of the four, which makes sense in a way to him.

I nod. "We will win, and the cost to the 4 will be enough that it will actually weaken them."

We'll see.  Though the prayer does seem to help the both of you though Valten slightly more so.

After we break out the Bugmans.

When you let lose that howl, one that is almost as much a shockwave as it is sound, many doubters are soon on their knees as well.  Not a minute after and a cocaphany of howls begins to be audible, soon wolves are surrounding the city...according to messengers from the walls there are hundereds, if not thousands of wolves, regular, giant, or otherwise wandering around the city, howling loudly as if responding to someone, that summoned them here.

Open the gates.

As the people stare at this news and begin to mutter among themselves a bright golden light fills the sky and people stare in awed wonder as a giant twin-tailed comet appears and seems to hover over where Valten is standing, more than a little awed himself.  Men and women all fall to their knees and faces at these portents.

I smack him on the back.

When you introduce Valten and show the twin-tailed comet on his chest, many grow greatly worried, wondering what this means but when you mention that the two of you are battle-brothers, they relax just a hair, and when you're finishing your tales, they're roaring for Valten as loudly as for you.  Though that group IS smaller than the Ulricans.  Just when you thought the noise would stop...think again.  For a shrieking roar is heard and people exclaim when a Griffon comes into sight and lands before the two of you...before bowing to Valten you see an odd mark inbetween it's eyes, closer examination and you realize that the mark is the Twintailed comet.  You ask for a sign, here it is.

"I assume he is a gift, my brother..."

I look over. "Now let me all tell you the tale of Sigmar's Ascension!"

And I do... of how Sigmar and Ulric became brothers in battle, traveling the realms of the gods fighting demons and monsters, meeting strange gods, fighting strange enemies, questing as brothers in arms...

Later on I ask Countess Emmanuelle if she enjoyed the show. Told her it would be worth the trip.

Titles: Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

"Please hang your morality and decency on the wall before you enter..."  I mutter.

He chuckles.

"It is funny because it is true."

I step forward, then I clash my ax against my shield and bellow a battle cry of the old Teutogens I looked up for such an occasion.

Windows VIBRATE with the sound.

I then introduce myself, "I am Skarin Beowulfsson, and every word the Ar-Ulric has said is the utter truth, I have walked into the flames of Ulric and have not been harmed, I was even granted a boon by the wolf-father."  I activate the flames to show the now blue flames that my ax emits when I trigger the fire runes.

Shock and awe... and some suspicion.

[quote]I then continue I tell them of my great might and my accomplishments, slaying the ork warband in the Reikland, entering the flames, slaying Khazrak of the one-eye singlehandedly, slaying thousands of beastmen with the knights panthers, my rank and title from the graf, I even mention the Greater Demon and the final harrowing of the Drakwald in retaliation for the slaughter of the children.[quote]

Some have a hard time believing it

"Although each tale may seem more stupendous than the last, they are utterly true, I swear by Ulric's Fire."  I wait for a dramatic moment, then I continue.  "But there I see there is still doubt among you.  Well the Wolf-God gave me another boon."  I draw a deep breath, then howl at the top of my lungs, just like I had in the Drakwald.  I'll wait for the wolves to respond before I continue.

THOUSANDS of wolves leave the woods and begin to howl... slowly approching the city. They make no violent moves but they seem to be piling through the gates to rush up to the center, howling in honor of you.

The greatest of them is a terrible beast, probably as tall as an elephant at the shoulders. It growls at any who attempt to bar its path, and walks up to the center of the stage, Even standing as tall as you do, and on the dias before the fire its able to look you in the eyes.

And then it kneels before you, placing its head, which looks to be as large as some men, onto the earth in submission...

A hush comes over the crowd and then as one the people begin to kneel as well.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:49 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:Later on a young woman with Russet loose hair, a wooden staff, and a long dress with a PLUNGING neckline  she examines you several times, once or twice quite seriously, though that third time there is an odd smirking...interest, especially when she lingered on your muscled stomach, chest, and arms.

She finally announces that you're clean.  She also mentions that her name is Ariane, before she walks away, well closer to glide, she moves so gracefully and stately, but you swear there's a slight hint of a hip swing when she sees you're watching her.

I return that last frank examination in kind. She looks delicious. She also looks like trouble, but that might be my own prejudice towards redheads talking. Still, love watching her leave. ^^

No one else notices that thankfully and Duke Chilfroy says that it seems that you're clean but he does ask what all are you are capable of and where you hail from.  He wants to know as much as he can what he's in for having you around.

"I'm faster than I look. Stronger too," I deadpan. Might as well be forthright about things, at least a little bit. "And if it's wolves, chances are I can browbeat them into following me, or at least leaving me alone. It's a family thing, apparently, and I come by it honestly. Also, these are enchanted," I say, one hand up to touch the hilt of the sword on my back, "to let me extend their properties to those I'm leading."

Well they're from the empire but they're not state troops, closer to old mercernaries they are around these parts.  Most of them either had lost someone to beastmen or just hated them, and many found a way to hurt them by fighting them here under the Duke's army.  Others just enjoy fighting and Chilfroy, who needs all the fighting men he can get, allows them with gusto.

The duchy being what it is, that makes sense. I ask them how the fighting's been recently.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:31 am

Aceraptor wrote:Reposting since you missed me.

Sorry about that....

Of course not all Khornites are so stupid. Sadly.

And THOSE are the ones you need to be careful of the most. Thankfully they're pretty damn rare.

Got it, I guess I can try it out next big battle. Smile

I think you'll enjoy the outcome.

Excellent, hope the Elves had light losses. Most likely thanks to me. Cool

It was ugly...but not the horrific bloodbath it could have been.

Ugh, don't remind me, I think I'll see if I can get some stain resistant clothing from somewhere. Or just get a runic armor from the Dorfs... if I get enough of a debt from them.

They might have a trick or two...considering the obscene bodycount you racked up.

I shrug at the question. "As far as I know, I am a human. But of course such physical abilities are rather far beyond a normal human's... to say the least. In all honesty, I do not know what I am. It has rather been at the back of my mind. I believe I can find an answer once I go back to the Empire. But right now? Your guess is as good as mine."

He gives you a LONG look, before finally saying, "Considering what you've done for us so far I'm inclined to believe you, but it would rest more easily on all our minds if we had a spell singer officially examine you."

Psyckosama wrote:"Your quipage is weak, boy."

"Oh and you're a Quip master then?"

It was an unspoken joke.

Ah.

"I let my actions stand on their own merits. No one likes a bragart."

Point.

"Second best. Would be nice if Taal had bothered to attend the party." I grin.

The goggled look when he thinks about that is hilarious....because by that logic why shouldn't the others send champions as well...He's a bit terrified at the raw destruction such beings would wreak on the world.

OOC: DAMMIT NOW YOU'RE GIVING ME IDEAS!!!!...The Storm might just get another name the War of the Gods...I think I've been looking through the scion rule books too much...

"Aye, though do expect me to do some work with it. I see some locations that could use a road..."

He raises an eyebrow at that... "Sounds interesting."

"Oh, and I intend to start a small tradition... setting treats out for the wolves as a offering."

I wink.

And ALL the tails go up and start wagging.

I nod. "We will win, and the cost to the 4 will be enough that it will actually weaken them."

He boggles at that thought, his mind struggling to conceive such an event.

After we break out the Bugmans.

Heh

Open the gates.

Quickly done and the wolves pour into the city, touching no one but gathering in front of you before promptly bowing like some Northern European version of the Lion King. Then suddenly a howl almost as intense as the one you let rip thunders through the air. Coming through the Northern Gate is a GIGANTIC winter wolf, these beasts are normally huge and HIGHLY intelligent though interestingly enough they AREN'T considered Chaos touched. But this one...you think this massive wolf is easily as big as an Elephant. It strides up the main roads, and everything, four or two legged immediately get out of the way like peasants getting out of the way of the Brettonian king. It finally reaches you and the two of you stare into each other's eyes, his deep blues with your own equally blues, the few close enough notice how shockingly similar those eyes are. Then the wolf bows it’s head, as if it wants you to touch its head like a dog.

I smack him on the back.

“...pulling all the stops aren’t they…?” he mutters weakly.

"I assume he is a gift, my brother..."

“Considering the giant wolf you got...yes I think so as well.”

I look over. "Now let me all tell you the tale of Sigmar's Ascension!"

Many in the crowd seem to perk up at that one.

And I do... of how Sigmar and Ulric became brothers in battle, traveling the realms of the gods fighting demons and monsters, meeting strange gods, fighting strange enemies, questing as brothers in arms...

And they are utterly entranced at that. Though what the repercussions of this will be...who the fuck knows.

Later on I ask Countess Emmanuelle if she enjoyed the show. Told her it would be worth the trip.

The woman is utterly gobsmacked by all these events, while she had faith in the gods...this...this ...words completely fail her. She finally weakly nods after a full minute of no response.

Several weeks later, a message from the South brings utter uproar in Middenheim...it seems that Emperor Karl Franz, Grand Theologinist Volkmarr the Grim, and the Arch Lectors are coming with a huge retinue to Middenheim to see what the hell is going on in the city of Ulric, there are also rumors that other movers and shakers in the other cults are on the move as well.

Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

He chuckles.

"It is funny because it is true."

“Still a very poor joke, however you look at it.”

Windows VIBRATE with the sound.

Nice...

Shock and awe... and some suspicion.

Wait for it...

Some have a hard time believing it

Wait for it…

THOUSANDS of wolves leave the woods and begin to howl... slowly approching the city. They make no violent moves but they seem to be piling through the gates to rush up to the center, howling in honor of you.

A let her rip...see there’s a reason you don’t show your big guns right at the start...you have to build the crowd up to it.

The greatest of them is a terrible beast, probably as tall as an elephant at the shoulders. It growls at any who attempt to bar its path, and walks up to the center of the stage, Even standing as tall as you do, and on the dais before the fire its able to look you in the eyes.

And I stare right back, never back down is one of the primary strictures of Ulric.

And then it kneels before you, placing its head, which looks to be as large as some men, onto the earth in submission…

I hop off the dais and place my hand on his massive head in as a sign of mastery over the huge forest bruin.

A hush comes over the crowd and then as one the people begin to kneel as well.

I then leap back onto the Dais and turn to the crowd, “People of Middenheim, as you have seen with your own eyes, I AM the Chosen of Ulric, an Avatar of his great might and a blade for his use in the world of Mortal men. Why now Ulric has done so…” and I look to the priest…, “Is hard to know, but I do know that that he does not act frivolously. Something great must be coming and we as the followers of Ulric, must be ready. So keep your blades sharp, your arms strong, your hearts resolute, and your minds every ready for whatever threat may come for it always does.”

I bow my head in respect then return to the Ar-Ulric, “So...what do I do with that big guy?” I tilt my head slightly over towards the gigantic Winter Wolf at the base of the Dais.

I return that last frank examination in kind. She looks delicious. She also looks like trouble, but that might be my own prejudice towards redheads talking. Still, love watching her leave. ^^

Heh heh heh...

"I'm faster than I look. Stronger too," I deadpan. Might as well be forthright about things, at least a little bit. "And if it's wolves, chances are I can browbeat them into following me, or at least leaving me alone. It's a family thing, apparently, and I come by it honestly. Also, these are enchanted," I say, one hand up to touch the hilt of the sword on my back, "to let me extend their properties to those I'm leading."

He raises an eyebrow at the understatement about your physical abilties...he saw the state those bodies were in.

His look continues when you describe the look, although Ulric isn’t worshipped much in Bretonnia, hardly at all actually, that doesn’t mean he can’t recognize the importance of Wolves to the Ulric Cult.

Now he looks at the weapons themselves. He asks if you could let him see them for himself. Regardless of your answer, he does ask you to show what you mean by granting others their properties.

He knows you’re clean but he’s still more than a little apprehensive of you.

The duchy being what it is, that makes sense. I ask them how the fighting's been recently.

Same old same old for the most part, though they’ve notice that there are more of the bigger varieties in the last few years, just as many brays as normal but there are more Ungors and Gors with the bands than there had been before.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:Sorry about that....

No problem, happens to everyone sometimes.

And THOSE are the ones you need to be careful of the most.  Thankfully they're pretty damn rare.

Quite. The ones that retain their brains (and partial sanity) alongside the strength gained from following the dark gods are the most dangerous of the bunch.

I think you'll enjoy the outcome.

Looking forward to it.

It was ugly...but not the horrific bloodbath it could have been.

Could have been better I guess.

They might have a trick or two...considering the obscene bodycount you racked up.

Heh, that would be appreciated.

He gives you a LONG look, before finally saying, "Considering what you've done for us so far I'm inclined to believe you, but it would rest more easily on all our minds if we had a spell singer officially examine you."

"That's fine by me. I do not believe there's anything malevolent behind my power, but it would be a relief to have it be checked."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Oh and you're a Quip master then?"

"Better than you, shorty."

The goggled look when he thinks about that is hilarious....because by that logic why shouldn't the others send champions as well...He's a bit terrified at the raw destruction such beings would wreak on the world.

I notice the amusement and then the horror. "Yes, it could destroy the world... or it could save it. The people... things have been on a gradual decline too long. If it hasn't been getting worse it hasn't been getting better. The people are losing hope. Hope is life. I believe my greatest power isn't my strength, or my weapons, or my voice... its the ability to serve as an example. To teach others to stand in the face of adversity, to dream of a better world, to endure when things are at their darkest... to get them to hope again."

OOC: DAMMIT NOW YOU'RE GIVING ME IDEAS!!!!...The Storm might just get another name the War of the Gods...I think I've been looking through the scion rule books too much...

Heh.

He raises an eyebrow at that... "Sounds interesting."

"I wonder how long it would take me to level a path across the Drakwalk? Or maybe I could build a canal connecting the Lynsk and the Talabec... giving the greater Reik river system an exit to the sea that isn't controlled by the bloody Wastelanders."

I rub my chin. "I need a topography map."

And ALL the tails go up and start wagging.

"Yeah. I'll try and set that one up. Though I want you to all keep an eye out for beastmen. These are OUR woods, OUR territory. Those things don't belong."

He boggles at that thought, his mind struggling to conceive such an event.

"It'll put their plans back thousands of years."

Quickly done and the wolves pour into the city, touching no one but gathering in front of you before promptly bowing like some Northern European version of the Lion King.  Then suddenly a howl almost as intense as the one you let rip thunders through the air.  Coming through the Northern Gate is a GIGANTIC winter wolf, these beasts are normally huge and HIGHLY intelligent though interestingly enough they AREN'T considered Chaos touched.  But this one...you think this massive wolf is easily as big as an Elephant.  It strides up the main roads, and everything, four or two legged immediately get out of the way like peasants getting out of the way of the Brettonian king.  It finally reaches you and the two of you stare into each other's eyes, his deep blues with your own equally blues, the few close enough notice how shockingly similar those eyes are.  Then the wolf bows it’s head, as if it wants you to touch its head like a dog.

I pat his head. "You're a king amongst wolves, and together we will not be defeated."

“...pulling all the stops aren’t they…?”  he mutters weakly.

"Well, we did ask for it now didn't we?"

“Considering the giant wolf you got...yes I think so as well.”

I laugh and look at my wolf and his griffon. "Well don't just stand there you lot! Onto the dias with ye!" Said playfully.

Many in the crowd seem to perk up at that one.

I grin.

And they are utterly entranced at that.  Though what the repercussions of this will be...who the fuck knows.

"Let no man ever question the bond between Sigmar and Ulric. Both are gods, both are brothers, and any man of sigmar or man of ulric who raises his arms against another insults both gods! No matter which is first in your heart, remember, WE STAND AS ONE!"

The woman is utterly gobsmacked by all these events, while she had faith in the gods...this...this ...words completely fail her.  She finally weakly nods after a full minute of no response.

I look concerned. "Are you well, m'lady? Is the cold weather getting to you?"

I look at a servant. "Quick, fetch a drink of hot broth for the Countess to warm her!"

Several weeks later, a message from the South brings utter uproar in Middenheim...it seems that Emperor Karl Franz, Grand Theologinist Volkmarr the Grim, and the Arch Lectors are coming with a huge retinue to Middenheim to see what the hell is going on in the city of Ulric, there are also rumors that other movers and shakers in the other cults are on the move as well.

Well, we will be there to meet him politely.

Though I talk to everyone. Right now, we can't afford to look into temporal power. We'll do more good serving as an example to the people. They don't need kings and emperors to rule them, what they need are heroes to stand amongst them, to stand with them... we need to serve as examples.

“Still a very poor joke, however you look at it.”

"Such is life now isn't it?"

A let her rip...see there’s a reason you don’t show your big guns right at the start...you have to build the crowd up to it.

Actually, there are benefits to both.

And I stare right back, never back down is one of the primary strictures of Ulric.

You swear this goes a good minute...

I hop off the dais and place my hand on his massive head in as a sign of mastery over the huge forest bruin.

It growls a little bit. It's testing you."

I then leap back onto the Dais and turn to the crowd, “People of Middenheim, as you have seen with your own eyes, I AM the Chosen of Ulric, an Avatar of his great might and a blade for his use in the world of Mortal men.  Why now Ulric has done so…”  and I look to the priest…, “Is hard to know, but I do know that that he does not act frivolously.  Something great must be coming and we as the followers of Ulric, must be ready.  So keep your blades sharp, your arms strong, your hearts resolute, and your minds every ready for whatever threat may come for it always does.”

I bow my head in respect then return to the Ar-Ulric,  “So...what do I do with that big guy?”  I tilt my head slightly over towards the gigantic Winter Wolf at the base of the Dais.

The Wolf jumps up on the Dias and gives you a look like "the fuck do you mean what do you do?"

This is The Big Bad Wolf, not an obedient pup. Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:57 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

No problem, happens to everyone sometimes.

Still did it twice...

Quite. The ones that retain their brains (and partial sanity) alongside the strength gained from following the dark gods are the most dangerous of the bunch.

Indeed

Looking forward to it.

Heh

Could have been better I guess.

still much better than without you. An all Gor/Bestigor herd is NOTHING to sniff at.

Heh, that would be appreciated.

Heh

"That's fine by me. I do not believe there's anything malevolent behind my power, but it would be a relief to have it be checked."

One is quickly brought to examine you, this one must be ANCIENT because this one looks like she’s a stately 55 at least. After closely examining you for what feels like an eternity she finally jerks back from you, apparently a little stunned at what she finds.

She finally speaks after a few moments, you aren’t corrupted the four have no control on you but something else CERTAINLY does, wolves and winter seem to be the greatest influence on whatever it is you are.

Neither of them are completely sure what that means.

Psyckosama wrote:"Better than you, shorty."

He glares at you for a moment...before sighing in acquiescence.

I notice the amusement and then the horror. "Yes, it could destroy the world... or it could save it. The people... things have been on a gradual decline too long. If it hasn't been getting worse it hasn't been getting better. The people are losing hope. Hope is life. I believe my greatest power isn't my strength, or my weapons, or my voice... its the ability to serve as an example. To teach others to stand in the face of adversity, to dream of a better world, to endure when things are at their darkest... to get them to hope again."

He seems pretty damn impressed with that seems like he caught the bug.

"I wonder how long it would take me to level a path across the Drakwalk? Or maybe I could build a canal connecting the Lynsk and the Talabec... giving the greater Reik river system an exit to the sea that isn't controlled by the bloody Wastelanders."

I rub my chin. "I need a topography map."

A Road through the Dralwald certainly sound interesting, but so is a canal. He quickly has a map delivered.

http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/maps/Map-Middenland-1-Color.jpg

"Yeah. I'll try and set that one up. Though I want you to all keep an eye out for beastmen. These are OUR woods, OUR territory. Those things don't belong."

Collective growls

"It'll put their plans back thousands of years."

The hopeful glee is almost humorous if it wasn’t so earnest.

I pat his head. "You're a king amongst wolves, and together we will not be defeated."

He looks up and you know for a fact the massive thing is actually smiling, even the eyes are smiling, that spark of intelligence isn’t normal for wolves you know that.

"Well, we did ask for it now didn't we?"

“True...but damn did they deliver…”

I laugh and look at my wolf and his griffon. "Well don't just stand there you lot! Onto the dias with ye!" Said playfully.

With a slight jump both beasts leap onto the Dais, the wolf standing by you while the Griffon stands by Valten. Everyone immediately kneels.

"Let no man ever question the bond between Sigmar and Ulric. Both are gods, both are brothers, and any man of sigmar or man of ulric who raises his arms against another insults both gods! No matter which is first in your heart, remember, WE STAND AS ONE!"

And the crowd roars in response you see blades and other tools passable as weapons of war glinting in the firelight looks like they’re a bit more ready to rush to battle with you than you though possible at this moment.

I look concerned. "Are you well, m'lady? Is the cold weather getting to you?"

I look at a servant. "Quick, fetch a drink of hot broth for the Countess to warm her!"

Broth is quickly gotten and after warming up and allowed to recover for a moment, she finally turns to you and says that this was so much more than what she had expected. Immensely more so.

Well, we will be there to meet him politely.

Though I talk to everyone. Right now, we can't afford to look into temporal power. We'll do more good serving as an example to the people. They don't need kings and emperors to rule them, what they need are heroes to stand amongst them, to stand with them... we need to serve as examples.

Well as the Ar-Ulric says, even if that is true doesn’t mean they don’t want to confirm this for themselves.

Interesting in the time between the message and the arrival of the Imperial procession, Wolf-kin begin to pour into the city. The news about the true Son of Ulric come to earth with blatant support of the god apparently is too tempting to ignore.

At the same time, coming from the South are nearly as large bands of Flagellants of Sigmar, news that Sigmar had come again had apparently spread like wild-fire. But when the two cult loonie hordes bump into each other...lets just say things are a bit...bloody. No property damage but people go away bleeding.

Another few weeks a gigantic procession comes up from the Altdorf road. Leading the procession is a massive griffon, you can see a tall man riding the thing, a hammer by his side. What most believed had been the actual Ghal Maraz. Behind him is what looks like a small army of holy men of Sigmar, including the Grand Theologist himself. Also coming are hundreds more pilgrims and...more Flagellants….great….

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee; Fuck Huge Winter Wolf.

"Such is life now isn't it?"

“Indeed.”

Actually, there are benefits to both.

True….mentally blast them at the start then build them back up.

You swear this goes a good minute…

Okay I’m impressed.

It growls a little bit. It's testing you.

When I realize the intelligence of the Wolf I grin, “In that case I think this might be the start of a Beautiful Partnership….the beastmen are SCREWED!” A large grin spreads across my face.

The Wolf jumps up on the Dias and gives you a look like "the fuck do you mean what do you do?"

This is The Big Bad Wolf, not an obedient pup. Wink

I cross my arms, give him an exasperated look and say, “Oh will you calm down! I meant where the heck are you supposed to be staying at? I mean look at you, you might be the greatest wolf alive but honestly you’re not exactly compact are you? Unless you want to go back to the woods?”

I then turn my attention to the other wolves, “As for the rest of you. I thank you brothers for coming when I needed you to show the Great Wolf’s power...but you can go back home now. Just be ready when we go hunting for the beastmen.” I then make whatever wolf sound is needed to emphasize my command.

Once that’s dealt with I look at the Winter Wolf, “So you got a name? If not I was thinking Fenris, what do you think?”
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:He glares at you for a moment...before sighing in acquiescence.  

Troll face! Very Happy

He seems pretty damn impressed with that seems like he caught the bug.

Heh.

A Road through the Dralwald certainly sound interesting, but so is a canal.  He quickly has a map delivered.

The other is actually in the other half of the empire... and would be a major game changer economically.

Collective growls

"I'm thinking bands of the human faithful fighting side by side with you... you lead them to the target, they finish..."

And I look at the ones in saddles. "And how would you lads feel about riding with people who respect you? Not bloody goblins."

The hopeful glee is almost humorous if it wasn’t so earnest.

I know.

He looks up and you know for a fact the massive thing is actually smiling, even the eyes are smiling, that spark of intelligence isn’t normal for wolves you know that.

ruffle his chin affectionately.

“True...but damn did they deliver…”

I chuckle.

With a slight jump both beasts leap onto the Dais, the wolf standing by you while the Griffon stands by Valten.  Everyone immediately kneels.

"No, stand." I say. "We're all in this together. All of us, from Graf to Beggar, as long as we stand as one, nothing... no demon, no monster, not even the dark gods themselves can stand against our might!"

And the crowd roars in response you see blades and other tools passable as weapons of war glinting in the firelight looks like they’re a bit more ready to rush to battle with you than you though possible at this moment.

"When I say stand together, I do not simply mean it as a call to arms. Its something to live every day, on and off the battlefield. Look to your left, look to your right. That person is your your brother, your sister. Respect your fellows as you would your own blood kin for we are all bound by common bonds. It is within us, every one of us, you as well as I to make this world a better place. I am mighty, but the power that you hold within you humbles my own. One man is small, but a thousand are great. One man is weak, but a thousand are strong. One man can be ignored, but a thousand voices speaking as one can shake the earth itself. We must all stand as one, to believe in ourselves, to believe in EACH OTHER. Together, we can make a better world for everyone, prince or pauper."

Broth is quickly gotten and after warming up and allowed to recover for a moment, she finally turns to you and says that this was so much more than what she had expected.  Immensely more so.

I apologize and admit that bringing her here for this was a bit of a tease. But I thought she'd enjoy the show...

Well as the Ar-Ulric says, even if that is true doesn’t mean they don’t want to confirm this for themselves.

Interesting in the time between the message and the arrival of the Imperial procession, Wolf-kin begin to pour into the city.  The news about the true Son of Ulric come to earth with blatant support of the god apparently is too tempting to ignore.

I welcome them as friends and inform them what in time we must drive out the beasts from the Drakwald. Let the Drakwald become known to Wolfwald...

In fact I even take them into the woods and summon any willing wolves wolves and bid them meet. If they find each other to their liking draw companions from the other...

My thoughts: Ulrician Wolf Mounted Flagellant shock troopers... imagine blood crazed zealots on wolves crashing into the flank of an enemy line... beast and man of equal savagery fulled with the fury of the Winter Lord...

The protectors of the wolfwood...

At the same time, coming from the South are nearly as large bands of Flagellants of Sigmar, news that Sigmar had come again had apparently spread like wild-fire.  But when the two cult loonie hordes bump into each other...lets just say things are a bit...bloody.  No property damage but people go away bleeding.

I order messengers sent. Remind them that every strike against the other is a strike against their own god. We must fight as one.

Another few weeks a gigantic procession comes up from the Altdorf road.  Leading the procession is a massive griffon, you can see a tall man riding the thing, a hammer by his side.  What most believed had been the actual Ghal Maraz.  Behind him is what looks like a small army of holy men of Sigmar, including the Grand Theologist himself.  Also coming are hundreds more pilgrims and...more Flagellants….great….

Valten and I both meet him respectfully. After all, he is the lawfully elected Emperor.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf.

True….mentally blast them at the start then build them back up.

Yep.

Okay I’m impressed.

Big Bad Wolf Wink

When I realize the intelligence of the Wolf I grin, “In that case I think this might be the start of a Beautiful Partnership….the beastmen are SCREWED!” A large grin spreads across my face.

You swear the fucking thing LAUGHS.

I cross my arms, give him an exasperated look and say, “Oh will you calm down!  I meant where the heck are you supposed to be staying at?  I mean look at you, you might be the greatest wolf alive but honestly you’re not exactly compact are you?  Unless you want to go back to the woods?”

It growls slightly and seems to just follow.

I then turn my attention to the other wolves, “As for the rest of you.  I thank you brothers for coming when I needed you to show the Great Wolf’s power...but you can go back home now.  Just be ready when we go hunting for the beastmen.”  I then make whatever wolf sound is needed to emphasize my command.  

They slowly file out, begging for treats as they leave... whichthe loclas are happy to give.

Once that’s dealt with I look at the Winter Wolf, “So you got a name?  If not I was thinking Fenris, what do you think?”

It seems to like the name.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:16 am

Vargr Skarin

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name[/quote]

Brian Boru wrote:He raises an eyebrow at the understatement about your physical abilties...he saw the state those bodies were in.

His look continues when you describe the look, although Ulric isn’t worshipped much in Bretonnia, hardly at all actually, that doesn’t mean he can’t recognize the importance of Wolves to the Ulric Cult.  

Oh, good. Someone is finally jumping to the wrong conclusion. I certainly won't disabuse him of the notion. ^^

Now he looks at the weapons themselves.  He asks if you could let him see them for himself.  Regardless of your answer, he does ask you to show what you mean by granting others their properties.

He knows you’re clean but he’s still more than a little apprehensive of you.

I demonstrate on some training dummies, with fire, ice and lightning respectively. After there's one smoldering, one frozen and a group nearly blasted apart, I inform the Duke that I can imbue the weapons, natural or otherwise, of whoever is fighting under my command with one of the elements.

Same old same old for the most part, though they’ve notice that there are more of the bigger varieties in the last few years, just as many brays as normal but there are more Ungors and Gors with the bands than there had been before.

Sounds like I'm in the right place then. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:Still did it twice...

*shrug* Point.

Still much better than without you.  An all Gor/Bestigor herd is NOTHING to sniff at.

True enough. Not to mention the Doombulls.

One is quickly brought to examine you, this one must be ANCIENT because this one looks like she’s a stately 55 at least.  After closely examining you for what feels like an eternity she finally jerks back from you, apparently a little stunned at what she finds.  

She finally speaks after a few moments, you aren’t corrupted the four have no control on you but something else CERTAINLY does, wolves and winter seem to be the greatest influence on whatever it is you are.

Neither of them are completely sure what that means.

Wolves and winter... I connect the dots, the monastery/temple that I visited which was dedicated to Ulric, I had a feeling of belonging there... Well. This explains much. Including how wolves were subservient to me when I came across them a few times in the past.

I nod in understanding. "Ulric, whom humans in the Empire and beyond venerate as the God of Battle, Wolves and Winter, seems to fit... though it is not certain... it would certainly explain a few things."

"While my intention has been to return to the Empire to see what good I can do there, I believe I've a more specific destination now... I believe I must go to the Temple of Ulric in Middenheim to seek more answers to what I am."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:36 am

Psyckosama wrote:Troll face! Very Happy

Heh

The other is actually in the other half of the empire... and would be a major game changer economically.

Indeed...would need to sweet talk a damn horde of merchants and nobles for that.  On the other hand having a way to get goods to the sea besides those penny-pinchers would be nice.

"I'm thinking bands of the human faithful fighting side by side with you... you lead them to the target, they finish..."

And I look at the ones in saddles. "And how would you lads feel about riding with people who respect you? Not bloody goblins."

Nothing committal but you swear at least a few seem interested, the extra weight though...

ruffle his chin affectionately.

Seems to like it a bit.

"No, stand." I say. "We're all in this together. All of us, from Graf to Beggar, as long as we stand as one, nothing... no demon, no monster, not even the dark gods themselves can stand against our might!"

And stand they do.

"When I say stand together, I do not simply mean it as a call to arms. Its something to live every day, on and off the battlefield. Look to your left, look to your right. That person is your your brother, your sister. Respect your fellows as you would your own blood kin for we are all bound by common bonds. It is within us, every one of us, you as well as I to make this world a better place. I am mighty, but the power that you hold within you humbles my own. One man is small, but a thousand are great. One man is weak, but a thousand are strong. One man can be ignored, but a thousand voices speaking as one can shake the earth itself. We must all stand as one, to believe in ourselves, to believe in EACH OTHER. Together, we can make a better world for everyone, prince or pauper."

To be fair they are Middenlanders...rioting is in their nature…. but they get what you’re trying to say.

I apologize and admit that bringing her here for this was a bit of a tease. But I thought she'd enjoy the show…

She does give you a bit of a gimlet glare, but there isn’t too much heat in it considering how absurd it would have been if you’d told her before.

I welcome them as friends and inform them what in time we must drive out the beasts from the Drakwald. Let the Drakwald become known to Wolfwald...

In fact I even take them into the woods and summon any willing wolves wolves and bid them meet. If they find each other to their liking draw companions from the other…

Some nasty fist and claw fights ensue when you try this.  Though a few seem to get along.

My thoughts: Ulrician Wolf Mounted Flagellant shock troopers... imagine blood crazed zealots on wolves crashing into the flank of an enemy line... beast and man of equal savagery fulled with the fury of the Winter Lord...

The protectors of the wolfwood…

….damn….

I order messengers sent. Remind them that every strike against the other is a strike against their own god. We must fight as one.

The Sigmarite Priests among them seem to get the hint and try to if not stop the violence against the Ulricans, at least focus it towards beastmen or grieenskins….and if there aren’t any the promise of them seems to appeal to them.

Valten and I both meet him respectfully. After all, he is the lawfully elected Emperor.

The meeting between the Emperor and the Elector Count of Middenland is….tense but you don’t think horrific violence is going to break out at any moment thankfully.  

And the Ar-Ulric and Volkmar are also both more cordial, than would have been expected.  The Ar-Ulric seems to have been expecting much more hostility but Volkmar seems to be much more respectful that the situation might have warrented at least in the eyes of the Sigmarites.

Then the Emperor and Volkmar turn to you and Valten, “So,” the Grand Theologinist begins, “these are the two that everyone is losing their minds over?”

He glances you over, “Well you’re certainly big enough but there are plenty of big lads out there.”

Then his eyes lay on the hammer Valten wields, he scoffs for a second...then his eyes focus all the harder on it.  A look of bewielderment in his eyes.  “May I see that?”  He indicates the hammer.  

Valten looks a little defensive of it.  Clutching it for a moment before handing it over.  

Volkmar holds the true Ghal Maraz for a moment, and promptly has what seems like a religious orgasm...

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf.

Big Bad Wolf Wink

Gotcha.

You swear the fucking thing LAUGHS.

I laugh with him.

It growls slightly and seems to just follow.

“Just relax, we’ll get ya out of here into more spacious quarters as soon as we can.”

They slowly file out, begging for treats as they leave... whichthe loclas are happy to give.

A big pleased grin spreads on my face, “Wasn’t sure if that would work so well….”  I do mutter under my breath.

It seems to like the name.

“Then Fenris it is!”  I tell the Ar-Ulric thus.

To the Graf I mention that I might be migrating out of the city soon.  Fenris here doesn’t seem to be exactly designed for city life now is he?

Then to Cosmina...need to see if she’s willing to accept the big guy and visa-versa though I do say in the most deathly serious voice, “One hair on her head damaged...and I’ll be using your hide for loincloths…”  Then we see if the two can get along.  I’ll be ready to yank people out of the way.

Oh, good. Someone is finally jumping to the wrong conclusion. I certainly won't disabuse him of the notion. ^^

….yes….wrong conclusion….

I demonstrate on some training dummies, with fire, ice and lightning respectively. After there's one smoldering, one frozen and a group nearly blasted apart, I inform the Duke that I can imbue the weapons, natural or otherwise, of whoever is fighting under my command with one of the elements.

He simply stares in awe, he seen rune weapons with traits like that before but the raw power in them along with the ability to temporarily share the trait ….he’s getting ideas on how to use you.

Sounds like I'm in the right place then. ^^

You get a few laughs there.

A few days later you get a message from the Duke, he’s going into the forest for one of his great Scourings.

*shrug* Point.

I’ll try to avoid it in the future and I’ll leave it at that.

True enough. Not to mention the Doombulls.

Can’t forget the Doombulls.

Wolves and winter... I connect the dots, the monastery/temple that I visited which was dedicated to Ulric, I had a feeling of belonging there... Well. This explains much. Including how wolves were subservient to me when I came across them a few times in the past.

Heh

I nod in understanding. "Ulric, whom humans in the Empire and beyond venerate as the God of Battle, Wolves and Winter, seems to fit... though it is not certain... it would certainly explain a few things."

"While my intention has been to return to the Empire to see what good I can do there, I believe I've a more specific destination now... I believe I must go to the Temple of Ulric in Middenheim to seek more answers to what I am."

They seem to take that better than you’d expect.  And they wish you luck on your success and considering your aid is there a boon they can grant you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:56 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:….yes….wrong conclusion….

Pretty sure they'd have to be insane or transfictional themselves to come to the _right_ ones, even if what they come up with is similar.

He simply stares in awe, he seen rune weapons with traits like that before but the raw power in them along with the ability to temporarily share the trait ….he’s getting ideas on how to use you.

Infantry would probably work best. Knights already have momentum and angle for the most part, so they hardly need more force multipliers on top of that. Plus, there's the whole 'following me' part, which I have my doubts most Bretonnian knights or any knights would consent to right off the bat.

You get a few laughs there.

A few days later you get a message from the Duke, he’s going into the forest for one of his great Scourings.

I take it that's more an invitation than just one saying 'oh, by the way'. I gather up my kit and get ready to leave with the war party.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:Can’t forget the Doombulls.

At least it wasn't Cygors or Ghorgons or something like that.

They seem to take that better than you’d expect.  And they wish you luck on your success and considering your aid is there a boon they can grant you.

I think on this for a bit. The Wood Elves should be willing to aid against the Chaos incursion, and other then that, I honestly don't have anything to really ask for...

"I honestly don't really know what to ask for, I do not know much about your people... though, would your people be able to create a suit of armor which can be strong and flexible enough to withstand my physical abilities? If not, given your people are *very* good archers, would asking for a bow be acceptable?"

Anyways, after this, its time for my trip back to the Empire.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 12 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
-Has five Norscan heros units serving him as his fingers.
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 600 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,510

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 600
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100
Total: 600

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:
Fimbulvetr: Great sleipnir stallion in plate barding

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Brian Boru wrote:

The titanic being howls in pain and falls over, clutching at it's legs and bellowing something to it's companion.  When you get a better look at the other...you blanch a little.  The other one's female.  If the slightly daintier (relatively speaking) features and the breasts(no shirt) weren't a giveaway, the swollen belly's another.  Your men are making a circle around the giantess the ones behind her jabbing her in the legs and rushing out of the way before she can turn while others jab in turn to distract her.
OC: Sorry for the late reply Brian, been kind of busy as of late.

Well fuck, look like this was just a issue of a man getting scared and wanting to protect his family. Though why he would feel threaten by one small party men and a few wolves I don't know, though hopefully I can find out and maybe if I get really lucky even get to sort out things here before the all went to hell.

"MEN! Fall Back! But keep you eyes on the Giants, something is odd here I am going to see if I can sort this out!" I command while heading over to the fallen male once more.

"So Giant can you understand me? As if you can, speak now and we might just be able to come to a agreement that won't end in death."
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:Indeed...would need to sweet talk a damn horde of merchants and nobles for that.  On the other hand having a way to get goods to the sea besides those penny-pinchers would be nice.

Get out of my way and you'll be able to charge tolls for upkeep.

Nothing committal but you swear at least a few seem interested, the extra weight though...

"I'm not thinking knights there, but devoted young nobles or true believers. The guys who would basically see you as a symbol of Ulric's trust in them, and would fight according to your nature not some iron plated assholes who'd see you as a..." I grimace at the thought "fancy horse."

Seems to like it a bit.

I playfully whisper. "You better not eat my cat. So you got a name, friend?"

And stand they do.

Good!

To be fair they are Middenlanders...rioting is in their nature…. but they get what you’re trying to say.

I know, but trying to keep it to a low roar. Property damage is expensive.

She does give you a bit of a gimlet glare, but there isn’t too much heat in it considering how absurd it would have been if you’d told her before.

I chuckle. "Plus that would have giving up the surprise. I must tell you, the look on your face when they made the announcement was one for the ages. As the portrait artist I already have working on capturing it will attest to..."

Yes, I'm teasing.

It's only a sketch artist and its already finished. Wink

Not that I tell her that Wink

Some nasty fist and claw fights ensue when you try this.  Though a few seem to get along.

Good. Save it for the Beastmen and Greenskins.

….damn….

Think of the power behind a shock charge of savage, uncontrollable rabid beasts driven entirely by blood and fury... riding on huge fucking wolves.

The Sigmarite Priests among them seem to get the hint and try to if not stop the violence against the Ulricans, at least focus it towards beastmen or grieenskins….and if there aren’t any the promise of them seems to appeal to them.

Well, someone needs to call out the Drakwald and a huge cleansing force descending on the woods to snuff them out would do wonders.

The meeting between the Emperor and the Elector Count of Middenland is….tense but you don’t think horrific violence is going to break out at any moment thankfully.  

It is a bit of a political coup he managed to pull on tihs one.

And the Ar-Ulric and Volkmar are also both more cordial, than would have been expected.  The Ar-Ulric seems to have been expecting much more hostility but Volkmar seems to be much more respectful that the situation might have warrented at least in the eyes of the Sigmarites.

I'm very polite and jovial with both men. I give them due respect. I even apologize to Volkmar that I went around his authority and sought Huss. There are those in his temple who would have seen the Sigmar reborn as a tool for their own political games, and while I know he is more certainly not one of them, contacting him would have doubtlessly drawn them into it... people like them can sense opportunity like flies to a corpse.

If the issue of me twisting his POV comes into question, I do point out that Huss is probably the most devote, no nonsense accepted, Sigmarite preacher in the empire. IF I'd tried to pull any bullshit he'd have broken his hammer over my head.

Then the Emperor and Volkmar turn to you and Valten, “So,” the Grand Theologinist begins, “these are the two that everyone is losing their minds over?”

He glances you over, “Well you’re certainly big enough but there are plenty of big lads out there.”

"Would you like me to prove it somehow? I'm willing to submit to any honest tests..."

Then his eyes lay on the hammer Valten wields, he scoffs for a second...then his eyes focus all the harder on it.  A look of bewielderment in his eyes.  “May I see that?”  He indicates the hammer.  

Valten looks a little defensive of it.  Clutching it for a moment before handing it over.  

Volkmar holds the true Ghal Maraz for a moment, and promptly has what seems like a religious orgasm...

I let Huss and Valten regale them of the tale of how we found it. After all, that is thier part of the tale. Their great deed in this adventure. The Chosen of Sigmar and the Prophet of Sigmar together as a teacher and student doing great deeds.

And then if they don't, I point out that we do have maps, both to the First Shrine of Sigmar, and to the hold which while Dwarven by right, I'm sure they'd be happy let the church properly build a temple in the very place that Emperor Sigmar transcended his mortality and entered the realm of the gods.

Though I will suggest that Huss give the Grand Theologist the weapon he used up until he got his Rune Hammer. They were the arms used during the quest which means they'd probably make for a fine and impressive relic...

I laugh with him.

You've never seen a wolf GRIN before and Jesus, that thing has teeth like DAGGERS.

“Just relax, we’ll get ya out of here into more spacious quarters as soon as we can.”

Snort. Like No Shit.

A big pleased grin spreads on my face, “Wasn’t sure if that would work so well….”  I do mutter under my breath.

Well, it did.

“Then Fenris it is!”  I tell the Ar-Ulric thus.

He writes it down.

To the Graf I mention that I might be migrating out of the city soon.  Fenris here doesn’t seem to be exactly designed for city life now is he?

They'll clear out something for him... but be on call. He's sure that the politicans will be here as quickly as the crow flies.

Then to Cosmina...need to see if she’s willing to accept the big guy and visa-versa though I do say in the most deathly serious voice, “One hair on her head damaged...and I’ll be using your hide for loincloths…”  Then we see if the two can get along.  I’ll be ready to yank people out of the way.

It looks at her, growls slightly, she looks frightened but doesn't back down... and then it licks her with a tongue the size of a chair back.

"Ugh..."

It makes that you swear its a laugh again.

Anyways, only hours later you get a guest. The Arch-Lictor of Middenheim. He seems... intense.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:11 am

Brian Boru wrote:Pretty sure they'd have to be insane or transfictional themselves to come to the _right_ ones, even if what they come up with is similar.

Heh

Infantry would probably work best. Knights already have momentum and angle for the most part, so they hardly need more force multipliers on top of that. Plus, there's the whole 'following me' part, which I have my doubts most Bretonnian knights or any knights would consent to right off the bat.

That isn’t a bad idea. He needs SOMETHING to put some steel in his Men-At-Arms’ spines.

I take it that's more an invitation than just one saying 'oh, by the way'. I gather up my kit and get ready to leave with the war party.

Well off you ride into the forest. With the Duke, 50 Knights, 150 KE, and roughly 1500 Infantrt of one type or another. Roll a d100.

At least it wasn't Cygors or Ghorgons or something like that.

True

I think on this for a bit. The Wood Elves should be willing to aid against the Chaos incursion, and other then that, I honestly don't have anything to really ask for...

"I honestly don't really know what to ask for, I do not know much about your people... though, would your people be able to create a suit of armor which can be strong and flexible enough to withstand my physical abilities? If not, given your people are *very* good archers, would asking for a bow be acceptable?"

Anyways, after this, its time for my trip back to the Empire.

They look at the carnage you wrought, then back to you. They’re fine with a bow, though one that could handle your strength….give them about a month…. and they might have something to work with.

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

OC: Sorry for the late reply Brian, been kind of busy as of late.

Not a problem.

Well fuck, look like this was just a issue of a man getting scared and wanting to protect his family. Though why he would feel threaten by one small party men and a few wolves I don't know, though hopefully I can find out and maybe if I get really lucky even get to sort out things here before the all went to hell.

Moral Dilemma!

"MEN! Fall Back! But keep you eyes on the Giants, something is odd here I am going to see if I can sort this out!" I command while heading over to the fallen male once more.

It takes a few moments before they get it and they back off. The Giantess dropping to a seated position and gasping and sobbing.

Looking at the both of them, you notice how gaunt and haggard they look, even with their giant features, they look like they haven’t slept or eaten well.

"So Giant can you understand me? As if you can, speak now and we might just be able to come to a agreement that won't end in death."

“Grug understand. Grug Hungry, Jord Hungry, Little one Hungry, no food for days. Need food, need heal….legs broke now….how feed Jord and Little One?” He glares at you.

Psyckosama wrote:Get out of my way and you'll be able to charge tolls for upkeep.

That sounds nice.

"I'm not thinking knights there, but devoted young nobles or true believers. The guys who would basically see you as a symbol of Ulric's trust in them, and would fight according to your nature not some iron plated assholes who'd see you as a..." I grimace at the thought "fancy horse."

We’ll see, we’ll see.

I playfully whisper. "You better not eat my cat. So you got a name, friend?"

OOC:When did you get a cat.?

It looks at you as if saying, “Why would I have needed one before?”

I know, but trying to keep it to a low roar. Property damage is expensive.

Low Chuckle

I chuckle. "Plus that would have giving up the surprise. I must tell you, the look on your face when they made the announcement was one for the ages. As the portrait artist I already have working on capturing it will attest to..."

Yes, I'm teasing.

You get a poke in the ribs for that.

It's only a sketch artist and its already finished. Wink

Not that I tell her that Wink

The sketcher is in tears holding back laughter, and the sketch becomes a prize possession.

Good. Save it for the Beastmen and Greenskins.

They seem to get it.

Think of the power behind a shock charge of savage, uncontrollable rabid beasts driven entirely by blood and fury... riding on huge fucking wolves.

Now that IS a horrific image.

Well, someone needs to call out the Drakwald and a huge cleansing force descending on the woods to snuff them out would do wonders.

And cut down on the number of CRAZIES right around the city.

It is a bit of a political coup he managed to pull on tihs one.

Which is one reason why things aren’t a bit….noisier….

I'm very polite and jovial with both men. I give them due respect. I even apologize to Volkmar that I went around his authority and sought Huss. There are those in his temple who would have seen the Sigmar reborn as a tool for their own political games, and while I know he is more certainly not one of them, contacting him would have doubtlessly drawn them into it... people like them can sense opportunity like flies to a corpse.

If the issue of me twisting his POV comes into question, I do point out that Huss is probably the most devote, no nonsense accepted, Sigmarite preacher in the empire. IF I'd tried to pull any bullshit he'd have broken his hammer over my head.

Indeed, indeed, Huss is an exemplar Priest, might be time to make him a high priest or even a Lector, the amount of puffing up and humble disavowing of the prerequisite skills for the position is almost hilarious to watch.

"Would you like me to prove it somehow? I'm willing to submit to any honest tests..."

“Well it would certainly put many minds at ease if you would…. though the middle of the road isn’t the best place I would think….maybe at the temple?” ‘of Sigmar’ is implied.

I let Huss and Valten regale them of the tale of how we found it. After all, that is thier part of the tale. Their great deed in this adventure. The Chosen of Sigmar and the Prophet of Sigmar together as a teacher and student doing great deeds.

And then if they don't, I point out that we do have maps, both to the First Shrine of Sigmar, and to the hold which while Dwarven by right, I'm sure they'd be happy let the church properly build a temple in the very place that Emperor Sigmar transcended his mortality and entered the realm of the gods.

Though I will suggest that Huss give the Grand Theologist the weapon he used up until he got his Rune Hammer. They were the arms used during the quest which means they'd probably make for a fine and impressive relic...

Amazingly it isn’t Huss that seems to do the Job, instead, Valten is what gets their attention and beliefs because by the time the young man is finished, All of the Sigmarites seem to be in religious rapture and all of them drop to their knees in obessience to Sigmar Reborn. Valten is a little overwhelmed, Karl and Boris seem a bit non-plussed, and the Ar-Ulric is more than a little testy of this Sigmarite Hullabaloo right here and now, it’s attracting Flagellants and Wolf-Kin, and he doesn’t want a war on his hand.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee; Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).

You've never seen a wolf GRIN before and Jesus, that thing has teeth like DAGGERS.

Sweeeeet!

Snort. Like No Shit.

“Well you don’t have to be sarcastic about it.”

Well, it did.

Thank Ulric for that….

He writes it down.

Kool

They'll clear out something for him... but be on call. He's sure that the politicans will be here as quickly as the crow flies.

….when you put it like that….good point.

It looks at her, growls slightly, she looks frightened but doesn't back down... and then it licks her with a tongue the size of a chair back.

"Ugh..."

Well at least everyone is getting along well enough.

“Sorry about that Darlin’” I get her a towel, cloth, rag, something to get the drool of and promise a bath later on...if you catch my drift….

It makes that you swear its a laugh again.

I give the wolf a look before saying, “Oh you’re just enjoying this aren’t you?”

wonder if they sell spray bottles in giant ass wolf size?

Anyways, only hours later you get a guest. The Lector of Middenheim. He seems... intense.

Well fuck this could be bad….

Well I clean myself up, dress in that civilized outfit Cosmina picked out if I have the time, bind my hair, brush my facial hair, and get a spot where we can sit and talk like civilized human-beings.

When I bring him in I greet the Lector with full respect the man deserves, “Good evening Lector (insert name), what a pleasant surprise to see you this fine evening. Have you had a good Hochwinter?” Pleasantries aside, I invite him to sit with me, selections of tea, wine, or water if he’s one of the more ascetic types, then I ask him what I can do for him. I’m trying to emphasize my ‘Lord of the Drakwald’ persona here, throw him off a bit and show I’m not a knuckle dragging thug the Ulricans grabbed off the street. Though I DO keep the ax and shield within easy grabbing distance if need be.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:29 am

Brian Boru wrote:They look at the carnage you wrought, then back to you.  They’re fine with a bow, though one that could handle your strength….give them about a month…. and they might have something to work with.

That's fine, though in the meantime I and Kyra will head back to the Empire. We can come back once the bow is ready.

Now... off we go to the Empire (well, back through Bretonnia, then to the Empire)?

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:
That sounds nice.

Always appeal to their better nature, that's what I say :p

OOC:When did you get a cat.?

I always get a cat. Wink

It looks at you as if  saying, “Why would I have needed one before?”

I shrug. "Come on, we'll think of something suitable."

Low Chuckle

Heh.

You get a poke in the ribs for that.

Grin

The sketcher is in tears holding back laughter, and the sketch becomes a prize possession.

I do of course have copies made for personal insurance. Wink

They seem to get it.

Great.

Now that IS a horrific image.

For them. Smile

And cut down on the number of CRAZIES right around the city.

Yep. Let the insanity play in the woods. Hell, I'll even tell the wolves to help point them in the right direction.

Which is one reason why things aren’t a bit….noisier….

Yep.

Indeed, indeed, Huss is an exemplar Priest, might be time to make him a high priest or even a Lector, the amount of puffing up and humble disavowing of the prerequisite skills for the position is almost hilarious to watch.

I chuckle. "I think we can all attest to his worth..." I look at Huss. "Just smile and thank the man. I'm sure he'll let you continue doing great deeds, just now the local boneheads will have a harder time stonewalling your efforts." Very Happy

“Well it would certainly put many minds at ease if you would…. though the middle of the road isn’t the best place I would think….maybe at the temple?”  ‘of Sigmar’ is implied.

"Of course."

Amazingly it isn’t Huss that seems to do the Job, instead, Valten is what gets their attention and beliefs because by the time the young man is finished, All of the Sigmarites seem to be in religious rapture and all of them drop to their knees in obessience to Sigmar Reborn.  Valten is a little overwhelmed, Karl and Boris seem a bit non-plussed, and the Ar-Ulric is more than a little testy of this Sigmarite Hullabaloo right here and now, it’s attracting Flagellants and Wolf-Kin, and he doesn’t want a war on his hand.

I look over to the Grand Theologist and the Ur-Ulric "I'll need warrior priests and witch hunters to lead this mob. This mob is primed to go off any way you look at it, so I'm going to direct the blast somewhere useful..."

If they're for it...

I look at the Flagelleants and Wolf-Kin. "Look at me. Now look at Valten. Now back to me. Now look at the groups standing with you. I am the Son of Ulric. He is the Sigmar reborn. I call him brother, and he does the same. I stand with my back to his, my shoulder to this, in the fires of battle. Together we are stronger than we'd ever be on our own. You claim to the the most devote, driven by passion and faith to near madness in your quest to prove your worth and the strength of your gods. Like Valten and I, Ulric and Sigmar also fight as one. Ulric's Strength is Sigmar's, and in turn Ulric's power is as his own Sigmar's. While one stands the other is neigh invincible. Take heed of this example. Alone you are mighty in your faith. Together you would be a force like no other." I point to the Drakwald. "On younder is a great forest, ancient and holy, but long as an ancient corruption taken root. Beastmen and Greenskins... Chaos and the Orcs... the ancient foe of the Empire and archenemies of all who live have taken root there, vile weeds among ancient trees. If you wish to do honor to the gods, to not stand here and glare at your brothers with hatred and spite. Stand together and do the gods will. I will summon the wolves. They will show you the way. Root out this evil. Sunder it with your faith. Do the gods will and maybe they will find you worthy of their attentions. Maybe you too will stand by the gods, soldiers in their great armies of heroes, standing against the great foe, honored amongst both the living and the dead."

I smile "I have asked the Ur-Ulric and Grand Theologist to appoint brave priests to lead you in his holy endeavour. I ask that you wait until they're ready. Supplies will be provided and those of you without people weapons will be given the tools needed to drive out this evil. I will personally see to it that you are ready." I pause, "I cannot promise that this will be fast, or easy, and some of you will die... but I swear now that every foe you fall will be a victory for the gods. And I tell you now, that I will record every name, and when this quest is done I will have a great monument erected in the center of that place that will bare your names that the Empire will forever remember its heroes from now until the very ends of eternity itself. DO YOU STAND WITH ME? DO WE STAND TOGETHER!"

Assuming a yes.

"Good. Now, I will gather the supplies, I will summon the wolves, and I will have every name taken. We will wait for more to join you... And then... and then my good friends... you will go forth as a wave and wash evil from that place one and for all. And on that day, the Drakwald will not longer exist. Instead it will be the Wolfwald, a holy place cleansed of evil and sanctified with the sacred blood of martyrs!"

I look at Valten. "Anything to add, brother?"

And once its done I grin at the Graf. "I'm pretty sure this is going to clear at least the immediate region for a good long while."

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).

Sweeeeet!

“Well you don’t have to be sarcastic about it.”

Really now?

Thank Ulric for that….

Heh.

….when you put it like that….good point.

Yep.

Well at least everyone is getting along well enough.

“Sorry about that Darlin’”  I get her a towel, cloth, rag, something to get the drool of and promise a bath later on...if you catch my drift….

The Wolf glares at you.

I do not drool.

I give the wolf a look before saying, “Oh you’re just enjoying this aren’t you?”

Yes.

wonder if they sell spray bottles in giant ass wolf size?

No, and if you tried you'd find out the horrors of an animal with its junk at face level and a 40 gallon bladder

Well fuck this could be bad….

Considering he's looking at you like you very dirty, yes...

Well I clean myself up, dress in that civilized outfit Cosmina picked out if I have the time, bind my hair, brush my facial hair, and get a spot where we can sit and talk like civilized human-beings.

When I bring him in I greet the Lector with full respect the man deserves, “Good evening Lector (insert name), what a pleasant surprise to see you this fine evening.  Have you had a good Hochwinter?”  Pleasantries aside, I invite him to sit with me, selections of tea, wine, or water if he’s one of the more ascetic types, then I ask him what I can do for him.  I’m trying to emphasize my ‘Lord of the Drakwald’ persona here, throw him off a bit and show I’m not a knuckle dragging thug the Ulricans grabbed off the street.  Though I DO keep the ax and shield within easy grabbing distance if need be.

"Chosen of Ulric." he states. "What nonsense is this..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 am

Vargr Skarin

That isn’t a bad idea.  He needs SOMETHING to put some steel in his Men-At-Arms’ spines.

I suggest putting me in a detachment of a few hundred to give it its due testing in the field. He'd probably have done that anyway since he wants to test the unknown quantity that is me.

Well off you ride into the forest.  With the Duke, 50 Knights, 150 KE, and roughly 1500 Infantrt of one type or another.   Roll a d100.

rollan. I make sure to use the pack to scout and demonstrate to whatever men I get put in charge of what the effects of putting elemental properties to their weapons are, so they don't get surprised by that in the middle of combat.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 70

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:22 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Brian Boru wrote:It takes a few moments before they get it and they back off. The Giantess dropping to a seated position and gasping and sobbing.

Looking at the both of them, you notice how gaunt and haggard they look, even with their giant features, they look like they haven’t slept or eaten well.
Well that explains things, but what are they running from to put them in this state? As there shouldn't be much that could put giants to ground.

“Grug understand.  Grug Hungry, Jord Hungry, Little one Hungry, no food for days.  Need food, need heal….legs broke now….how feed Jord and Little One?”  He glares at you.
Returning Grug's glare with my own steely stare.

"Trade, that is how you will feed your mate and child. As I sure you know these surrounding lands and mountains well and will know info that would be of use to me and my men in our quest. So if you will tell such to me and it helps us, I will make sure to bring you enough food to recover from your wounds and feed your family while you do so.

So Grug, will you tell me what you know and why you seem to be on the run from your home with Kin? Or do you have a counter offer?"
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:35 am

That's fine, though in the meantime I and Kyra will head back to the Empire. We can come back once the bow is ready.

Now... off we go to the Empire (well, back through Bretonnia, then to the Empire)?

Well there IS a pass you could use without having to backtrack, the Granite Pass and Karak Norn, only thing is that you’d come out in Wissenland.

Do you take it?

Psyckosama wrote:Always appeal to their better nature, that's what I say :p

Better nature….in warhammer….odd sounding that….

I always get a cat. Wink

Snerk

I shrug. "Come on, we'll think of something suitable."

It seems to nod

I do of course have copies made for personal insurance. Wink

Ah black-mail….the bedrock for any good relationship….

For them. Smile

Heh

Yep. Let the insanity play in the woods. Hell, I'll even tell the wolves to help point them in the right direction.

And the blood will FLOW!

Yep.

Heh

I chuckle. "I think we can all attest to his worth..." I look at Huss. "Just smile and thank the man. I'm sure he'll let you continue doing great deeds, just now the local boneheads will have a harder time stonewalling your efforts." Very Happy

He stops with the self-depreciation, though the others still bellyache a bit.

"Of course."

And to the temple you go.

The Temple of Sigmar, while not as great as the Temple of Ulric is still an impressive building. The Lector of the Temple is glad to have the Grand Theologist come and with little complaint he allow the high priest of the Sigmarite Cult to work in his temple.

Long story short the Sigmarites are utterly convinced that young Valten is indeed Sigmar come again.

Almost simultaneously the entire contingent falls to their knees asking forgiveness for doubting Valten’s Divine nature. Valten...looks more than a little tired of them doing this over and over again he idly whispers to you if this is going to be a thing from now on and that he’ll go nuts if they keep on doing it.

I look over to the Grand Theologist and the Ur-Ulric "I'll need warrior priests and witch hunters to lead this mob. This mob is primed to go off any way you look at it, so I'm going to direct the blast somewhere useful..."

If they're for it…

They noticed the swarms of flagellants and the wolf-kin…

go on….

I look at the Flagelleants and Wolf-Kin. "Look at me. Now look at Valten. Now back to me. Now look at the groups standing with you. I am the Son of Ulric. He is the Sigmar reborn. I call him brother, and he does the same. I stand with my back to his, my shoulder to this, in the fires of battle. Together we are stronger than we'd ever be on our own. You claim to the the most devote, driven by passion and faith to near madness in your quest to prove your worth and the strength of your gods. Like Valten and I, Ulric and Sigmar also fight as one. Ulric's Strength is Sigmar's, and in turn Ulric's power is as his own Sigmar's. While one stands the other is neigh invincible. Take heed of this example. Alone you are mighty in your faith. Together you would be a force like no other." I point to the Drakwald. "On younder is a great forest, ancient and holy, but long as an ancient corruption taken root. Beastmen and Greenskins... Chaos and the Orcs... the ancient foe of the Empire and archenemies of all who live have taken root there, vile weeds among ancient trees. If you wish to do honor to the gods, to not stand here and glare at your brothers with hatred and spite. Stand together and do the gods will. I will summon the wolves. They will show you the way. Root out this evil. Sunder it with your faith. Do the gods will and maybe they will find you worthy of their attentions. Maybe you too will stand by the gods, soldiers in their great armies of heroes, standing against the great foe, honored amongst both the living and the dead."

I smile "I have asked the Ur-Ulric and Grand Theologist to appoint brave priests to lead you in his holy endeavour. I ask that you wait until they're ready. Supplies will be provided and those of you without people weapons will be given the tools needed to drive out this evil. I will personally see to it that you are ready." I pause, "I cannot promise that this will be fast, or easy, and some of you will die... but I swear now that every foe you fall will be a victory for the gods. And I tell you now, that I will record every name, and when this quest is done I will have a great monument erected in the center of that place that will bare your names that the Empire will forever remember its heroes from now until the very ends of eternity itself. DO YOU STAND WITH ME? DO WE STAND TOGETHER!"

The tidal wave of sound from 20,000 loonies for the fighting gods of the Empire does well for a positive response.

Assuming a yes.

"Good. Now, I will gather the supplies, I will summon the wolves, and I will have every name taken. We will wait for more to join you... And then... and then my good friends... you will go forth as a wave and wash evil from that place one and for all. And on that day, the Drakwald will not longer exist. Instead it will be the Wolfwald, a holy place cleansed of evil and sanctified with the sacred blood of martyrs!"

The entire city rumbles with their cries for battle and the destruction of the foes of the Empire and Sigmar and Ulric.

I look at Valten. "Anything to add, brother?"

Nothing other than to reaffirm what you said. He also mentions that you’re a little on the wordy side. His grin takes any complaint out of the words.

And once its done I grin at the Graf. "I'm pretty sure this is going to clear at least the immediate region for a good long while."

“Wolfwald?” The tone of his voice speaks volumes…. “So long as they stay AWAY from the rest of us….”

Interestingly enough, the Priest of Ulric that the ar-Ulric had called a political player and barely a fighter was one of the first to volunteer...the man was barely the civilized fella you first knew, now he’s a wild man that would put Ulrican stereo-types to shame.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee; Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).

Really now?

heh

The Wolf glares at you.

I do not drool.

“Maybe not but I doubt your tongue is exactly saliva free.” I snort.

Yes.

Lordie won’t this be fun.

No, and if you tried you'd find out the horrors of an animal with its junk at face level and a 40 gallon bladder

On second thought...maybe we can save that for MUUUUUUUCCCHHH later, like somewhere around the time the Dwarven race go tetoltertarian.

Considering he's looking at you like you very dirty, yes…

Oh dear.

"Chosen of Ulric." he states. "What nonsense is this..."

I give him a long look, then I ...shift my body language, no longer the posh Lord of the Drakwald I was trying to exude, now I’m Skarin Beowulfsson again.

“Lector, this is not ‘nonsense’. I AM the chosen of Ulric, the wolf god himself marked me as one of his own.” I raise a lock of my black hair to show him, “Before I came to the temple several months ago, my hair was blonde, and I certainly wasn’t able to summon every wolf from miles around simply by howling. How would you explain that?”

I hold the ax and then activate the fire rune, allowing the blue flame to burn, though I take care NOT to let it touch anything or anyone. “This blade utterly stumped Grand Master Balthazar Gelt when he studied them and even Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow was unable to discern what they were. He was even ‘inspired’ by this blade. The cult of Ulric is powerful but I doubt they could make an ax and shield that could stump both the most powerful wizard in the Empire, AND the oldest and wisest Rune Master in all of the Dwarf Holds. But….” then when the fire burns out I hand it to the priest to hold, “If you don’t believe me you can examine it for yourself.”

Once he satisfied with his examination I continue, “While I’m sure the Ulrican Cult IS using this politically, there IS a reason I a here and I must warn you, it is something ….horrible. But before I continue I must have your oath that what I tell you does not become common knowledge, at least for now.”

If I get the oath then I continue, I explain to him in detail what happened when I entered the flame of Ulric, then I continue, “I also saw why I was summoned. Several centuries ago the cursed four of the North sent their hordes led by the Everchosen Asvar Kul, he was defeated by Magnus the Pious in Kislev and the horde shattered. But now, there is a new Everchosen, a former templar of Sigmar apparently went mad and turn to the four. He’s now only one more objective away from bringing a horde as large if not larger South with him. His goal is to repeat Magnus’s feat in the Temple of Ulric and permanently corrupt the flames.

That is why I was granted this might. To stop him from getting here. Then I lean in closer…”And I’m not alone...there is another sent to end this threat to the world.”

I suggest putting me in a detachment of a few hundred to give it its due testing in the field. He'd probably have done that anyway since he wants to test the unknown quantity that is me.

He has a few Yeoman and knights he can trust not to freak out over outsiders and any ...unusual tricks they might have and keep the infantry from panicking.

rollan. I make sure to use the pack to scout and demonstrate to whatever men I get put in charge of what the effects of putting elemental properties to their weapons are, so they don't get surprised by that in the middle of combat.

You travel along with the duke’s company for several days before the wolves return a message. Beastmen, a huge heard of them at least 1000 of them and they seem to be getting bigger by the day. The heardstone that quintet of minotaurs are carrying seems to ensure it.
When the duke learns of this, he decides on an immediate attack, unless they act now that herd will get too big for the sparsely populated forest Artois to handle.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Well that explains things, but what are they running from to put them in this state? As there shouldn't be much that could put giants to ground.

Giants always wander and this pair were driven out of their original range apparently, something about the fat eaters coming after them like they always do.

Returning Grug's glare with my own steely stare.

He doesn’t break contact.

"Trade, that is how you will feed your mate and child. As I sure you know these surrounding lands and mountains well and will know info that would be of use to me and my men in our quest. So if you will tell such to me and it helps us, I will make sure to bring you enough food to recover from your wounds and feed your family while you do so.

So Grug, will you tell me what you know and why you seem to be on the run from your home with Kin? Or do you have a counter offer?"

He stares down at you for a long while, then down at his legs, then to his bleeding and pregnant wife. He finally nods, “Where want go?”
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well there IS a pass you could use without having to backtrack, the Granite Pass and Karak Norn, only thing is that you’d come out in Wissenland.

Do you take it?

Yes, actually, I should head to Reikland, maybe I can find Valten. Best to stack the deck as much as I can to the good of the side of Order. That means getting Valten training and allies.

It'll be rather safe to assume that Archaon will be getting a boost in power quite abit soon enough, the Chaos Gods wont sit around at my interference for much longer.

Anyways, off to Wissenland, maybe I can help the Dorfs with something while passing through.

For additional security, I'll see if I can tame a few Giant Wolves and form a pack that follows my orders. While my power out strips them considerably, looking like I have strength in numbers can help me avoid unnecessary hassle, like bandits thinking I'm a easy mark or something. I'm sure the forest of Loren has a few giant wolves.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:He has a few Yeoman and knights he can trust not to freak out over outsiders and any ...unusual tricks they might have and keep the infantry from panicking.

That works. I tend to better with small units anyway. Or large units with trusted commanders. I make an effort to get to know them on the way to the battle ... and probably take over cooking duties. There's onions, right? I make sure to grab some from the kitchens. They're wonderfully versatile. You can use them to tenderize most cuts of meat, or for flavor, or both. Plus, if they can handle the freaky shit that is my weapons and their related abilities, they can handle knowing that the wolves are going to play wingman for them.

You travel along with the duke’s company for several days before the wolves return a message.  Beastmen, a huge heard of them at least 1000 of them and they seem to be getting bigger by the day.  The heardstone that quintet of minotaurs are carrying seems to ensure it.
When the duke learns of this, he decides on an immediate attack, unless they act now that herd will get too big for the sparsely populated forest Artois to handle.

So, heardstone and its guard are the priority? Given how the Duke has experience and all, does he have any plans for engagement? Given how this isn't open ground, I imagine a cavalry feint isn't going to work out so well. Personally, I'd go for two battlefronts, with enough invested in one to draw their heavy screening units off (would take a bit of time spent engaged) and one (led by me) that would hit them from the flank and hit the heart of their formation. If, and it's a big if, we have the time, pit traps and using environs could be viable. But that would require knowing the beastmen's path and such.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:Better nature….in warhammer….odd sounding that….

You know I was sarcastically saying I'd be appealing to their greed, right?

Snerk

Everybody wuvs kittahs.

EVERYBODY!

It seems to nod

I'm going to have to spend some time on this one.

Ah black-mail….the bedrock for any good relationship….

It's more in the line of teasing... Wink

But in politics it is Wink

And the blood will FLOW!

As long as its the other guys.

He stops with the self-depreciation, though the others still bellyache a bit.

Heh. I give him a pat on the back.

And to the temple you go.  

The Temple of Sigmar, while not as great as the Temple of Ulric is still an impressive building.  The Lector of the Temple is glad to have the Grand Theologist come and with little complaint he allow the high priest of the Sigmarite Cult to work in his temple.

Long story short the Sigmarites are utterly convinced that young Valten is indeed Sigmar come again.

Almost simultaneously the entire contingent falls to their knees asking forgiveness for doubting Valten’s Divine nature.  Valten...looks more than a little tired of them doing this over and over again he idly whispers to you if this is going to be a thing from now on and that he’ll go nuts if they keep on doing it.

"Just give a little inspirational speech and tell them to stand the fuck up."

If he wants a suggestion, I whisper something in his ear about in the time of sigmar, men did not show their loyalty by scrapping about on their knees like beggars looking for a copper, but with their courage, standing shoulder to shoulder with their Lord and Emperor. If they want to prove themselves, then gather their courage, and stand tall for what is right.

They noticed the swarms of flagellants and the wolf-kin…

go on….

I chuckle.

The tidal wave of sound from 20,000 loonies for the fighting gods of the Empire does well for a positive response.

"Good. Just remember this, always remember this. You believe in the gods, but the gods also believe in you. You give them your faith, but in return they place theirs in mankind. They believe that you will do the right thing, they believe that you will do your best to do what is honorable and just. Remember that faith, act true to the gods, true to yourselves, and true to what is righteous and just. Believe in yourselves for Ulric and Sigmar believe in you, and between you and me..." I wink at the masses and give a playful smirk, "I think they're pretty decent judges of character..."

The entire city rumbles with their cries for battle and the destruction of the foes of the Empire and Sigmar and Ulric.

I smile.

Nothing other than to reaffirm what you said.  He also mentions that you’re a little on the wordy side.  His grin takes any complaint out of the words.

"It helps get people pumped up."

“Wolfwald?”  The tone of his voice speaks volumes….  “So long as they stay AWAY from the rest of us….”

I shrug. "It sounded like a good idea at the time..."

Interestingly enough, the Priest of Ulric that the ar-Ulric had called a political player and barely a fighter was one of the first to volunteer...the man was barely the civilized fella you first knew, now he’s a wild man that would put Ulrican stereo-types to shame.

I look at him and smile. "Give me your hammer."

When he does, I look to the Ur-Ulric and ask him "by your leave" and if I get it, I take the weapon and stick the head into the sacred flame, asking my "father" to bless this weapon that his servant might strike down his foes and serve as a agent of his will.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).

“Maybe not but I doubt your tongue is exactly saliva free.”  I snort.

His eyes narrow a little.

Lordie won’t this be fun.

Nope.

On second thought...maybe we can save that for MUUUUUUUCCCHHH later, like somewhere around the time the Dwarven race go tetoltertarian.  

Heh...

I give him a long look, then I ...shift my body language, no longer the posh Lord of the Drakwald I was trying to exude, now I’m Skarin Beowulfsson again.

He looks unimpressed.

“Lector, this is not ‘nonsense’.  I AM the chosen of Ulric, the wolf god himself marked me as one of his own.”  I raise a lock of my black hair to show him, “Before I came to the temple several months ago, my hair was blonde, and I certainly wasn’t able to summon every wolf from miles around simply by howling.  How would you explain that?”

"There are dyes," he says in a very droll tone...

I hold the ax and then activate the fire rune, allowing the blue flame to burn, though I take care NOT to let it touch anything or anyone.  “This blade utterly stumped Grand Master Balthazar Gelt when he studied them and even Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow was unable to discern what they were.  He was even ‘inspired’ by this blade.  The cult of Ulric is powerful but I doubt they could make an ax and shield that could stump both the most powerful wizard in the Empire, AND the oldest and wisest Rune Master in all of the Dwarf Holds.  But….”  then when the fire burns out I hand it to the priest to hold, “If you don’t believe me you can examine it for yourself.”

"I'll have to speak with them."

Once he satisfied with his examination I continue, “While I’m sure the Ulrican Cult IS using this politically, there IS a reason I a here and I must warn you, it is something ….horrible.  But before I continue I must have your oath that what I tell you does not become common knowledge, at least for now.”

"Something horrible. We can agree on that..."

If I get the oath then I continue, I explain to him in detail what happened when I entered the flame of Ulric, then I continue, “I also saw why I was summoned.  Several centuries ago the cursed four of the North sent their hordes led by the Everchosen Asvar Kul, he was defeated by Magnus the Pious in Kislev and the horde shattered.  But now, there is a new Everchosen, a former templar of Sigmar apparently went mad and turn to the four.  He’s now only one more objective away from bringing a horde as large if not larger South with him.  His goal is to repeat Magnus’s feat in the Temple of Ulric and permanently corrupt the flames.  

Now he seems a bit paranoid. "That would have... dire after effects."

That is why I was granted this might.  To stop him from getting here.  Then I lean in closer…”And I’m not alone...there is another sent to end this threat to the world.”

"Explain. Immediately."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:32 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

Brian Boru wrote:Giants always wander and this pair were driven out of their original range apparently, something about the fat eaters coming after them like they always do.
OC: Really, guess I should have figured them as more of a Nomad people considering there back history.

He stares down at you for a long while, then down at his legs, then to his bleeding and pregnant wife.  He finally nods, “Where want go?”
"Me and my men are venturing these great mountain lands in for search a ancient shrine that is deep within and put it to the torch so that another can not use it's power. But if you do not know of such a place, instead then tell me how we can get to the holdings of the Dwarf High king's as quickly as possible. As they will surely know of where this shrine might be if you do not."
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:58 am

Yes, actually, I should head to Reikland, maybe I can find Valten. Best to stack the deck as much as I can to the good of the side of Order. That means getting Valten training and allies.

You'll have to convince the kid.

It'll be rather safe to assume that Archaon will be getting a boost in power quite abit soon enough, the Chaos Gods wont sit around at my interference for much longer.

Heh heh heh....

Anyways, off to Wissenland, maybe I can help the Dorfs with something while passing through.

For additional security, I'll see if I can tame a few Giant Wolves and form a pack that follows my orders. While my power out strips them considerably, looking like I have strength in numbers can help me avoid unnecessary hassle, like bandits thinking I'm a easy mark or something. I'm sure the forest of Loren has a few giant wolves.

Roll a d100 for how the trek goes.

Rieverre wrote:

Vargr Skarin

That works. I tend to better with small units anyway. Or large units with trusted commanders. I make an effort to get to know them on the way to the battle ... and probably take over cooking duties. There's onions, right? I make sure to grab some from the kitchens. They're wonderfully versatile. You can use them to tenderize most cuts of meat, or for flavor, or both. Plus, if they can handle the freaky shit that is my weapons and their related abilities, they can handle knowing that the wolves are going to play wingman for them.

While you aren't able to make them LOVE you, the men in the contingent aren't as terrified or distrustful of you or your wolves as they had been, besides they had a blast seeing what their weapons could do during the momentary boost.

So, heardstone and its guard are the priority? Given how the Duke has experience and all, does he have any plans for engagement? Given how this isn't open ground, I imagine a cavalry feint isn't going to work out so well. Personally, I'd go for two battlefronts, with enough invested in one to draw their heavy screening units off (would take a bit of time spent engaged) and one (led by me) that would hit them from the flank and hit the heart of their formation. If, and it's a big if, we have the time, pit traps and using environs could be viable. But that would require knowing the beastmen's path and such.

He actually has a pretty simple plan. The infantry will make an attack on the side furthest from the herdstone, then you, him, and the knights will make a piercing attack towards the herdstone and it's guards, you kill the minotaurs and destroy the herdstone and the herd will shatter. He also asks if you can trigger that ice power when the charge is made.

Psyckosama wrote:You know I was sarcastically saying I'd be appealing to their greed, right?

Ah...either way... Razz

Everybody wuvs kittahs.

Unless you're allergic to them....

I'm going to have to spend some time on this one.

Maybe a few slaughter the fuck out of beastmen romps might help with the bonding.

It's more in the line of teasing... Wink

But in politics it is Wink

Heh.

As long as its the other guys.

At least there aren't too many tax collectors right now.

Heh

"Just give a little inspirational speech and tell them to stand the fuck up."

If he wants a suggestion, I whisper something in his ear about in the time of sigmar, men did not show their loyalty by scrapping about on their knees like beggars looking for a copper, but with their courage, standing shoulder to shoulder with their Lord and Emperor. If they want to prove themselves, then gather their courage, and stand tall for what is right.

He nods and thanks you for the advice, he quickly gives them an impromptu speech extolling the courage of the men of the empire and how he needs standing warriors not kneeling servants. It works like a charm and their all but jumping and ready to rip a minotaur's throat out with their teeth....kid has a natural talent with this....his quip-fu still sucks though.

I chuckle.

Eyes narrow.

"Good. Just remember this, always remember this. You believe in the gods, but the gods also believe in you. You give them your faith, but in return they place theirs in mankind. They believe that you will do the right thing, they believe that you will do your best to do what is honorable and just. Remember that faith, act true to the gods, true to yourselves, and true to what is righteous and just. Believe in yourselves for Ulric and Sigmar believe in you, and between you and me..." I wink at the masses and give a playful smirk, "I think they're pretty decent judges of character..."

Laughter and cheers ring out from thousands of voices. You think you've got them going...away from Middenheim.

"It helps get people pumped up."

Seeing the roaring horde....he can't really argue.

I shrug. "It sounded like a good idea at the time..."

He shrugs, "As good a name as any and you certainly don't have a dragon motiff, not to mention there haven't been dragons in there for ages."

I look at him and smile. "Give me your hammer."

When he does, I look to the Ur-Ulric and ask him "by your leave" and if I get it, I take the weapon and stick the head into the sacred flame, asking my "father" to bless this weapon that his servant might strike down his foes and serve as a agent of his will.

You get it.

When you stick it into the flame...there is a slight....pulse, barely visible and only there for an instant, but when you pull the hammer back out you swear you see a slight glow to the weapon's head. The Ulrican's are all in awe at this while even the few Sigmarites present are moved.

His eyes narrow a little.

"And I'm letting it go not worth getting into a fight over something so banal, besides we got better things to rip to shreds."

Nope.

Sarcasm doesn't carry over the internet does it?

He looks unimpressed.

Didn't hurt to try and was trying to show I'm not going to be bullshitting him.

"There are dyes," he says in a very droll tone...

"And the wolves? Seems like a HUGE effort to capture, train, and bring that many wolves into the city, all for a ruse. Also what about the gigantic Winter Wolf?"

"I'll have to speak with them."

"I have no problem with that whatsoever. In fact I encourage you do, multiple opinions and all."

"Something horrible. We can agree on that..."

"Not the wolf god, I speak of the four and their machinations..."

Now he seems a bit paranoid. "That would have... dire after effects."

"Yes the endtimes WOULD be rather....'dire.'"

"Explain. Immediately."

I feel tempted to tell him, Valten's existence is something VITAL to the survival of the Empire and the rest of the world. But...something held me back, it wasn't the right time, Valten would be too young to handle this if some fanatic went haring off to snatch him too early and if they tried to make political hay of him as some sort of counter to my existence then the consequences could be catastrophic, even IF there wasn't a horde of eldritch-abomination worshiping murderous psychopaths coming in from the North. "I'm sorry but the Grand Theologinist must hear this before anyone else, if this came out too early or was heard by the wrong people, the entire empire will likely tear itself apart like during the time of the three emperors and that is something that CANNOT happen with an Everchosen on its way.”

If he makes a fuss over it I apologize and tell him to wait until the Grand Theologinist and I can speak.

Once he’s gone I’ll go see the Ar-Ulric and tell him what happened with the Sigmarite.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:

Inventory:

OC: Really, guess I should have figured them as more of a Nomad people considering there back history.

Eh. No problem.

"Me and my men are venturing these great mountain lands in for search a ancient shrine that is deep within and put it to the torch so that another can not use it's power. But if you do not know of such a place, instead then tell me how we can get to the holdings of the Dwarf High king's as quickly as possible. As they will surely know of where this shrine might be if you do not."

The huge being seems to contemplate your request and sits there thinking, thinking, thinking…. “Grug know where is. Is terrible place….can lead way but….” and he turns back to his woman, Jord, who seemed to have recovered a bit and was breathing heavily but steadily.

“Can point way if enough.”
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:Ah...either way... Razz

Right. Anyways.

Unless you're allergic to them....

In which case, you suck.

Maybe a few slaughter the fuck out of beastmen romps might help with the bonding.

Yep.

Heh.

Heh.

So, how do we get along after this? IF she wants to get back to Nuln fast I can oblidge.

At least there aren't too many tax collectors right now.

Very true.

Heh

He nods and thanks you for the advice, he quickly gives them an impromptu speech extolling the courage of the men of the empire and how he needs standing warriors not kneeling servants.  It works like a charm and their all but jumping and ready to rip a minotaur's throat out with their teeth....kid has a natural talent with this....his quip-fu still sucks though.

Slap on the back. "Seven out of ten, little brother. You learn fast."

Laughter and cheers ring out from thousands of voices.  You think you've got them going...away from Middenheim.

I clap my hands as if dusting them off. "Alright then. I think that it's safe to say that it's open season on beastmen."

Seeing the roaring horde....he can't really argue.

"What was 10 minutes ago a massive bloody riot about to break out is now an army."

He shrugs, "As good a name as any and you certainly don't have a dragon motiff, not to mention there haven't been dragons in there for ages."

"True... and it honors Ulric as befits the woods of Middenland."

You get it.

When you stick it into the flame...there is a slight....pulse, barely visible and only there for an instant, but when you pull the hammer back out you swear you see a slight glow to the weapon's head.  The Ulrican's are all in awe at this while even the few Sigmarites present are moved.

I then hand it back to him. "That army will need a General. While the worthies here will doubtlessly have their own thoughts as to the matter, I nominate you for consideration. Take this hammer, and fight well."

If he's agreed upon I suggest that his second be a Sigmarite of courage and skill.

I don't nominate Huss because right now his place is either at Valten's side as a teacher or as a prophet. He'd be an outstanding general, but his place is bringing the good news to the people, not hunting beasts in the wood.

Anyways, we secure supplies and I summon the wolves...

And I inform the army of the faithful that the wolves are joining them as warriors, and they are to be treated with respect as brother warriors... not as beasts... and the wolves... the humans are fighting as memebers of the same pack. They're not an emergency food supply. ;p

Anyways... once its all set up, names are taken, any other zealots join up... they're let loose on the woods with the wolves as guides.

"And I'm letting it go not worth getting into a fight over something so banal, besides we got better things to rip to shreds."

It seems to shrug.

Sarcasm doesn't carry over the internet does it?

Nope.

Didn't hurt to try and was trying to show I'm not going to be bullshitting him.

Heh.

"And the wolves?  Seems like a HUGE effort to capture, train, and bring that many wolves into the city, all for a ruse.  Also what about the gigantic Winter Wolf?"

He scowls somewhat... but does not contest.

"I have no problem with that whatsoever.  In fact I encourage you do, multiple opinions and all."

Cold nod.

"Not the wolf god,  I speak of the four and their machinations..."

"What?"

"Yes the endtimes WOULD be rather....'dire.'"

"..."

I feel tempted to tell him, Valten's existence is something VITAL to the survival of the Empire and the rest of the world.  But...something held me back, it wasn't the right time, Valten would be too young to handle this if some fanatic went haring off to snatch him too early and if they tried to make political hay of him as some sort of counter to my existence then the consequences could be catastrophic, even IF there wasn't a horde of eldritch-abomination worshiping murderous psychopaths coming in from the North.  "I'm sorry but the Grand Theologinist must hear this before anyone else, if this came out too early or was heard by the wrong people, the entire empire will likely tear itself apart like during the time of the three emperors and that is something that CANNOT happen with an Everchosen on its way.”

If he makes a fuss over it I apologize and tell him to wait until the Grand Theologinist and I can speak.  

He looks offended but to be honest he doesn't have much of a pot to piss on. "Very well. I expect Vokmar to properly expose wharever nonsense is behind this..."

Once he’s gone I’ll go see the Ar-Ulric and tell him what happened with the Sigmarite.

"Ugh. Next time please let me deal with that idiots. You did well though, but there are politics involved here."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:You'll have to convince the kid.

Given that Sigmar was pretty god damned stubborn, this is gonna be a tough thing I'm guessing.

Heh heh heh....

Dun dun dun...  tongue 

Roll a d100 for how the trek goes.

Let's see how this goes.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next