Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:34 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing

Of course!  Very Happy 

Heh

I'll bet, the Wood Elves and Elves in general have a very long time to sharpen their skills, for war and other more mundane skills. These wardancers are likely the pinnacle of their skills/career if they are performing here.

I think I'll have a great time along with Kyra... until something interrupts it.

Eyup she also seems to be taking in the performance with controlled excitement.

Well, here it is. This should be interesting.

Anyways, I'll go to whoever is in charge or whoever I can reach and offer my help and request their permission to go fight alongside them against the Beastmen. If they accept, I'll get my weapons ready and march with them to confront the Beastmen. And I believe Kyra is going to want to stay and fight as well.

They give you a look but nod, if you can keep up with their party you can fight along, but they'll be moving quick.

When they move they move silent as shadows even the Glade Riders can move with astounding silence for galloping through the trees.

But to many's surprise, while you're as loud as a boar with a hornet sting on it's balls, (as one wit put it) you're able to lope along with even the glade riders' full gallop. Soon you reach where the Beastherd punched into the forest. It's a real biggun. At least 2000 of the beasts are cutting a swath through the edge of the forest killing anything they come across. You hear from the wood elf scouts that they managed to bring in about 1000 of their kin on such short notice. The wood elves array themselves to ambush the beasts. What do you do?

Psyckosama wrote:Ah, good times...

True

True.

Indeed.

"Grin and bare it lad, only a half a day's walk. Good for the soul!"

He says something about where you can shove that sword of yours...sideways...but he gets it moving.

Actually, this is the current mad caper we have going. Its the next one that she needs to worry about Wink

Yes...that'll be...something right there.

Ah. Well, I do tell everyone not to let out any big secrets.

She knows you're hiding something but what she isn't sure. Either way she's an extremely intelligent woman and seem highly interested in you specifically, especially after Frieda made sure to always keep as close to Valten as she could.

You only live once and love is a powerful force. She's already connected to this group and its adventures. She was with us when w reclaimed your hammer. She was with us when we smashed the Skaven hoard. She was with us when we freed a Dwarf Hold. Remember, you both have your cut of that last one as well. She's probably as rich as the countess... if not more so.

So are our two good clerics as well. Which I do point out to them. I have a feeling that the Temple of Ulric is about to become flush with money and Luthor is going to be putting his cut into a whole whole lot of public good. Smile

Valten seems to smile when he remembers that and he smiles he claps you on the shoulder and heads away from your seat. A few minutes later you hear Frieda screaming "YES!" followed by an overjoyed squeal.

The girl will probably be made a living saint of both the Ulrician and Sigmariate faiths after all this... an icon of Empire Womanhood. Brave and beautiful, competent and clever, willing to support the men in her life*, but quick and capable to raising her own blade, or pistol, in the defense of that which she holds important.

*in his case, a lover, in mine, a surrogate elder brother.

Seriously, the girl is literate. I'd like to see if she'd be willing to publish her journal of these events along with the clerics.

As for her abilities in polite company... she needs to be trained.

See above.

A little while later Frieda comes to your fire and glomps you, kissing you on the cheek and saying "Thank-you," before sprinting off again. The countess comes from her carriage and asks what that was all about.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Lord of a part of the Drakwald
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style[/quote]

"I find zhat many men 'ave very poor memoriez."

"I'll help remind 'em if you think it'll help."

HE thinks its a fluke and she's obviously chaos touched.

I place a hand on his shoulder and begin to lightly squeeze until the plate groans, "My good sir knight, I would appreciate it if you didn't make accusations like that to your comrade in arms. She didn't cheat, and she isn't chaos touched, she's just plain good at what she does. Be glad she didn't hear that. I..." and I squeeze just a little harder, "...might have done worse if you were accusing me of such."

I clap him on the back, flexing my fingers for an instant to leave marks in the back of his plate, then I head on my way.

If he makes accusations against me I'll just direct a wolf priest who in the know in his direction.

Can't afford men like that under my command and as vassals, will likely cause trouble.

Recruit real Scouts and do this slowly and methodically. You're never going to clear the full forrest, but at least you can get the areas of immediate habitation.

Noted. I'll take her advise into account (note the rolls were already done for the success of this hunt so lets say this is how it was done.)

Mad smile.

Eeek...might do well to have an informant to make sure he either 1: doesn't open a hole into the realm of chaos. 2: Doesn't blow his damnfool self up and everyone around him.

He chuckles. "Well, we might want to travel with you for a bit. Sounds like you find the most... interestin' things."

Felix pales a bit.

I chuckle with him. "Would you believe me if I told you things are going to get even more interesting in the next few years?

Then it would be the next three lots you save. Manling children are easily found in the here about. If the chaos buggers want kids, they'll bloody find 'em. Sometimes the most you can do is kill the blasted thing and hope for the best.

The hope is to kill the bastards before they have a chance to but you do have a point, doesn't mean I like it.

Which in his case probably involves him going to in a blaze of glory and mutual annihilation.

I tell him I hope he finds his doom someday, and let it be one that a bloodthirster fear to face.

To Felix I mutter, "and if somehow I happen to be there when...'that' happens, I'll do my level best to yank your bacon out of the fire so to speak."

Boris takes pity on you and sends you one of his men. The guy is probably answering to the Graf but is HYPER competent.

I thank the Graf for the gift and I tell the man that I'll me trusting him on his experience for a successful new holding.

You manage to get a decent scout to take up the job. Though you're not quite sure about his background. It is a bit thin.

I work with it. Though I'll ask the steward to quietly look into his background if I need to.

You might need to go farther afield.

Hmm...think anyone would be upset if I looked into Reikland and the like? Middenlanders do seem a bit...clannish...

Lets just say you find a location about 5-10 miles from the road that is commanding, beautiful and easily defended. Seriously, you build a castle here and it will be so picturesque that Disney would approve.

I'll see into hiring dwarf builders if I can pay for it or consultant if thats the more feasible move. I want this thing durable, and to help with cost, I'll be making sure to participate in all aspects of construction, a man who can use trees as javelins can surely be useful in major construction.

"So you're tellin' me you woke up in the middle of nowhere bloody strong with god forged weapons?"

"Yes! I can't explain it either Master Ironbrow...if I had ANYTHING else to give you about what the hell happened to me I'd give it but I don't. I've just been doing the level best I can with what I've been given. That's all I have."

He takes it. Most humans would have kept them. There are some famlies that will be pleased to see these returned, Dwarf Friend.

I blink at the title, I know that's heep big medicine right there. "I'm glad I had the opportunity to be of help to the Dwarves Master Ironbrow and I hope studying my ax will be helpful in the working of your craft. Care for a beer or seven whenever you're able? I'm sure I can find something worthwhile in a city this big?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:56 am

Name: Marcus Raynor

Brian Boru wrote:Eyup she also seems to be taking in the performance with controlled excitement.

Heh, glad she's enjoying herself.

They give you a look but nod, if you can keep up with their party you can fight along, but they'll be moving quick.

When they move they move silent as shadows even the Glade Riders can move with astounding silence for galloping through the trees.

Wood elves, of course they are quick and silent in the woods.  Laughing 

But to many's surprise, while you're as loud as a boar with a hornet sting on it's balls, (as one wit put it) you're able to lope along with even the glade riders' full gallop.  Soon you reach where the Beastherd punched into the forest.  It's a real biggun.  At least 2000 of the beasts are cutting a swath through the edge of the forest killing anything they come across.  You hear from the wood elf scouts that they managed to bring in about 1000 of their kin on such short notice.  The wood elves array themselves to ambush the beasts.  What do you do?

Hm... I don't have a bow so I wont be able to attack from ranged, and I prefer melee, and I can't be as stealthy as the Wood Elves. So, I'll go to the Wood Elves and offer to be the bait against the Beastmen, go, kill a few of them, draw their attention and distract them and then draw them into the best killing zone the Wood Elves can set up.

Unless they've a bunch of Monster level creatures, they won't be too much of a threat to me. And I can outrun them all.

If the Wood Elves agree, I'll go kill some of the Beastmen as noisily as I can so that they will be attracted by the noise, and then kill the first few that investigate, as noisily as I can again, then start falling back to the killzone to draw in the Beastmen.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:36 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name, 10 Gor heads

Brian Boru wrote:The wolves slink off without a sound and nothing seems to indicate that there is any trouble coming.  The trek is fairly quiet, the duke not one for talking much.  Though one of his companions does ask where you came from originally.

Eventually though you reach Artois Castle...it's about as different a Ducal home as could be possible, smaller than Brionne but sturdy  and no nonsense in make and you notice that most of the knights here are much more...rugged than the vast majority of the Brionne men you saw, finally (and you want to drop to your knees and thank God for this one) every one doesn't think they're the greatest bard and song writer ever...if you ever had to hear another hack mangle a lute and the human tongue...you might have snapped there.

You also notice that there are plenty of non-Bretonnians here as well.  Including Empire men armed with Firearms.  When you ask apparently so long as men come to fight beastmen the duke doesn't give a damn where they came from and he makes sure none of his men make a fuss either.

Makes sense. I get the feeling I'm going to like it here. Though I think I'll cash in my Gor heads first, or at least after Morty makes his formal introduction anyway.

What does the general mood of the people seem to be?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:38 am

Anyways, before we leave I look over my new hoard and make sure to kit out my companions properly.

One other thing I've decided I want to do...

I tell the King that when I was a boy... I was taught a song I was told was Dwarven of origin. Would he like to hear it?

If so...

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Over_The_Misty_Mountains_Cold_%28Song%29

He says something about where you can shove that sword of yours...sideways...but he gets it moving.

"What was that? Walk faster? Don't mind if I do!"

Yes...that'll be...something right there.

I laugh.

She knows you're hiding something but what she isn't sure.  Either way she's an extremely intelligent woman and seem highly interested in you specifically, especially after Frieda made sure to always keep as close to Valten as she could.

I flirt. Smile

Valten seems to smile when he remembers that and he smiles he claps you on the shoulder and heads away from your seat.  A few minutes later you hear Frieda screaming "YES!"  followed by an overjoyed squeal.

I grin like a madman.

A little while later Frieda comes to your fire and glomps you, kissing you on the cheek and saying "Thank-you," before sprinting off again.  The countess comes from her carriage and asks what that was all about.

She gets a warm brotherly hug.

So, Middenheim?

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

"I'll help remind 'em if you think it'll help."

She smiles. It's very pretty.

I place a hand on his shoulder and begin to lightly squeeze until the plate groans, "My good sir knight, I would appreciate it if you didn't make accusations like that to your comrade in arms.  She didn't cheat, and she isn't chaos touched, she's just plain good at what she does.  Be glad she didn't hear that.  I..."  and I squeeze just a little harder, "...might have done worse if you were accusing me of such."

I clap him on the back, flexing my fingers for an instant to leave marks in the back of his plate, then I head on my way.

If he makes accusations against me I'll just direct a wolf priest who in the know in his direction.

Can't afford men like that under my command and as vassals, will likely cause trouble.

He seems to get the message. Though a wolf priest does overhear the conversation and does talk to him... Wink

Noted.  I'll take her advise into account (note the rolls were already done for the success of this hunt so lets say this is how it was done.)

And results.

Eeek...might do well to have an informant to make sure he either 1: doesn't open a hole into the realm of chaos. 2: Doesn't blow his damnfool self up and everyone around him.

Never something you plan to do, sire. Never.

I chuckle with him.  "Would you believe me if I told you things are going to get even more interesting in the next few years?

His grin is absolutely MAD.

The hope is to kill the bastards before they have a chance to but you do have a point, doesn't mean I like it.

He nods. "Good luck with that, Manling."

I tell him I hope he finds his doom someday, and let it be one that a bloodthirster fear to face.

He grins like a short bearded shark.

To Felix I mutter, "and if somehow I happen to be there when...'that' happens, I'll do my level best to yank your bacon out of the fire so to speak."

"My thanks, m'lord..."

Gotrek nods. "Good. Can't have him writing about m'doom if he gets his fool self killed."

I thank the Graf for the gift and I tell the man that I'll me trusting him on his experience for a successful new holding.

You're welcome.

I work with it.  Though I'll ask the steward to quietly look into his background if I need to.

You get a quick response. Seems to be a wanted man in Ostland. Outlaw of some infamy. Capable, competent, but had an eye for robbing payroll coaches.

The man covered his past rather well, but, well, he's more skilled than most.

Hmm...think anyone would be upset if I looked into Reikland and the like?  Middenlanders do seem a bit...clannish...

It's less middenland and more you were looking in the wrong areas. Wanna roll again?

I'll see into hiring dwarf builders if I can pay for it or consultant if thats the more feasible move.  I want this thing durable, and to help with cost, I'll be making sure to participate in all aspects of construction, a man who can use trees as javelins can surely be useful in major construction.

Dwarfs will be expensive and slow but you get what you paid for.

"Yes!  I can't explain it either Master Ironbrow...if I had ANYTHING else to give you about what the hell happened to me I'd give it but I don't.  I've just been doing the level best I can with what I've been given.  That's all I have."

He gives you a look. But he seems to stop asking. For now.

I blink at the title, I know that's heep big medicine right there.  "I'm glad I had the opportunity to be of help to the Dwarves Master Ironbrow and I hope studying my ax will be helpful in the working of your craft.

He laughs. "These axes are in a different but related language of runes. If I can learn to understand even a fragment of them it will revolutionize the art."

Care for a beer or seven whenever you're able?  I'm sure I can find something worthwhile in a city this big?"

In a word: yes. A dwarf will never say no to beer.

You actually manage to find a proper dwarven alehouse too...[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:37 am

Heh, glad she's enjoying herself.

Heh

Wood elves, of course they are quick and silent in the woods.  Laughing 

I sometime wonder if they even fart...or have sphincters.... Razz 

Hm... I don't have a bow so I wont be able to attack from ranged, and I prefer melee, and I can't be as stealthy as the Wood Elves. So, I'll go to the Wood Elves and offer to be the bait against the Beastmen, go, kill a few of them, draw their attention and distract them and then draw them into the best killing zone the Wood Elves can set up.

Unless they've a bunch of Monster level creatures, they won't be too much of a threat to me. And I can outrun them all.

If the Wood Elves agree, I'll go kill some of the Beastmen as noisily as I can so that they will be attracted by the noise, and then kill the first few that investigate, as noisily as I can again, then start falling back to the killzone to draw in the Beastmen.

If you'd offered the idea to them before they'd have laughed you out of the forest, but considering how damn fast you've proven yourself...maybe lead the bastard through this dried riverbed here and they'll handle the rest.

You then scarper off, running twice as fast as those Glade riders had been going before and causing reflexive exclamations of surprise from some of the younger elves, their elders were just as surprised but they had a bit more self control. A few miles ahead you track down the herd. 2000 strong, the fast majority of them being full gors, with a heavy contingent of Bestigors and leading them, and you groan at this, a cadre of doombulls 20 strong the biggest of them looking like he could tangle with a giant, the mark of Khorne on each and every one of them.

The doombulls are leading the charge with the bestigors on either side and the gors behind and outside of them, making a very rough wedge shape, but the roughness of the forest making little hindrance for the beasts.

How do you want to do this?

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name, 10 Gor heads

Makes sense. I get the feeling I'm going to like it here. Though I think I'll cash in my Gor heads first, or at least after Morty makes his formal introduction anyway.

What does the general mood of the people seem to be?

The general mood seems to watchfulness, though not the watchfulness of people under severe stress, this is normal for them. But they always make sure they're ready to fight or march out to fight.

As for the heads, well you manage to get another 10 silvers for your trouble. Also vaguely impressed, gors are big bastards. Mort introduces himself properly, his father, the castellian of Brionne castle, had sent him to as a knight errant in Duke Chilfroy's retinue.

The Duke accepts this but tells his this isn't soft Brionne, this is Artois, and he warns the lad Artois men DO NOT take kindly to his...courting...

Then he turns to you..."What brings you here?"

Anyways, before we leave I look over my new hoard and make sure to kit out my companions properly.

One other thing I've decided I want to do...

I tell the King that when I was a boy... I was taught a song I was told was Dwarven of origin. Would he like to hear it?

He shrugs...why not?

If so...

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Over_The_Misty_Mountains_Cold_%28Song%29

That song seems to have struck a cord with him, as well as the other dwarfs present.

"What was that? Walk faster? Don't mind if I do!"

GROAN!

I flirt. Smile

She flirts back and she seems to enjoy it.

She gets a warm brotherly hug.

So, Middenheim?

Well actually you rolled a 63 so....

You manage to get to Middenheim quietly enough, changing to something more mundane for transportation. But when you arrive, you hear grim news. Apparently Boris's daughter had been taken from her bed the night before, the only clue as to WHAT took her was that her guards had their throats torn out and completely bloodless.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

She smiles. It's very pretty.

I smile back. I think I like her.

He seems to get the message. Though a wolf priest does overhear the conversation and does talk to him... Wink

Do I hear screams of pain?

Noted.  I'll take her advise into account (note the rolls were already done for the success of this hunt so lets say this is how it was done.)

And results.

Never something you plan to do, sire. Never.

His grin is absolutely MAD.

Whoof...

He nods. "Good luck with that, Manling."

Thanks...

He grins like a short bearded shark.

Scary son of a gun isn't he?

"My thanks, m'lord..."

Gotrek nods. "Good. Can't have him writing about m'doom if he gets his fool self killed."

I grin, "Not a problem, a story as incredible as yours needs to be told."

You're welcome.

Kool.

You get a quick response. Seems to be a wanted man in Ostland. Outlaw of some infamy. Capable, competent, but had an eye for robbing payroll coaches.

The man covered his past rather well, but, well, he's more skilled than most.

I think on this for a while, in the end I'll keep him, skill like his is hard to find, but even a hint of his former crimes being repeated and he's gone. I'll even throw him out myself...from the wall...like a Javelin...

It's less middenland and more you were looking in the wrong areas. Wanna roll again?

Sure...let's give it another go.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Dwarfs will be expensive and slow but you get what you paid for.

I'll go for Dwarf construction but as an initial means of protection, I'll make myself a hillfort setup. Earthworks and Wood Pallisade. I'll do the Obelix way as well to save time.

He gives you a look. But he seems to stop asking. For now.

Thank-you JESUS! (not outloud!)

He laughs. "These axes are in a different but related language of runes. If I can learn to understand even a fragment of them it will revolutionize the art."

"Then I wish you success."

In a word: yes. A dwarf will never say no to beer.

You actually manage to find a proper dwarven alehouse too...

Then I'll go find out how good my ..."upgraded constitution" is related to Dwarf booze.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Just incase...
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 am

Brian Boru wrote:That song seems to have struck a cord with him, as well as the other dwarfs present.

It's only the most dwarven song ever. Wink

And the one that defined most of the tropes :p

GROAN!

"You'll get there, kid!"

She flirts back and she seems to enjoy it.

Generally, I'm playful and friendly.

Well actually you rolled a 63 so....

You manage to get to Middenheim quietly enough, changing to something more mundane for transportation.  But when you arrive, you hear grim news.  Apparently Boris's daughter had been taken from her bed the night before, the only clue as to WHAT took her was that her guards had their throats torn out and completely bloodless.

*sigh* I swear that's more of an 80 Razz

Anyways its time for Valten and I to go hunt done some vampires like the fury of an angry god...

I smile back.  I think I like her.

She nods and does her job.

Do I hear screams of pain?

More some groaning.

Scary son of a gun isn't he?

Yes.

I grin, "Not a problem, a story as incredible as yours needs to be told."

He grins. Again. Short. Bearded. Shark.

I think on this for a while, in the end I'll keep him, skill like his is hard to find, but even a hint of his former crimes being repeated and he's gone.  I'll even throw him out myself...from the wall...like a Javelin...

Alright.

Sure...let's give it another go.

Finally, some competent servants are found!

They're not cheap though.

I'll go for Dwarf construction but as an initial means of protection, I'll make myself a hillfort setup.  Earthworks and Wood Pallisade.  I'll do the Obelix way as well to save time.

Oh?

"Then I wish you success."

"I'm sending some of my best apprentices up here to study your weapon and shield at every opportunity."

Then I'll go find out how good my ..."upgraded constitution" is related to Dwarf booze.

Just incase...

You drink a dozen dwarves under the table.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:25 am

It's only the most dwarven song ever. Wink

And the one that defined most of the tropes :p

Indeed it did...indeed it did...

"You'll get there, kid!"

Hah

Generally, I'm playful and friendly.

And she's witty, charming...and dear god...Marilyn Monroe's got NOTHING on her.

*sigh* I swear that's more of an 80 Razz

Gotta make you work...

Anyways its time for Valten and I to go hunt done some vampires like the fury of an angry god...

Alright, how do you want to go about this little hunt? The Graf feels like tearing the city apart with every possible soldier he can call up. He already lost his legitimate son just recently, he'll be damned before he loses another, especially to an undead leech.

If you study the place you notice that there was almost no struggle here, you also notice that there is almost no blood around the huge claw marks at their throats, looking a bit you notice a VERY slight pair of punctures, narrowly set, as if from a dainty mouth, the gash themselves seem to have been done by a pair of clawed hands that either belonged to a half-grown boy or a woman. You might have a Lahmian Coven on your hands.

Titles: Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

She nods and does her job.

Good.

More some groaning.

I'll take it.

He grins. Again. Short. Bearded. Shark.

I'll give an evil smile my self.

Alright.

Let's hope he doesn't disappoint us.

Finally, some competent servants are found!

YAY!

They're not cheap though.

Quality hardly ever is. Though getting those new holdings and the roads will also be vital.

Oh?

Punch a hole in the ground. Take a log and Jam it in. Ugly but it'll work as an initial fortification until the proper Castle is built. I'll make sure this is OUT SIDE of the regular construction area.

"I'm sending some of my best apprentices up here to study your weapon and shield at every opportunity."

"I'll be sure to welcome them warmly, though I might have to use my gear from time to time..." I smile ruefully.

You drink a dozen dwarves under the table.

And I'm probably utterly snookered.

Heh, likely becoming a living legend with the hairy buggers.

Well back to Cosmina, the Graf and the Ar-Ulric and get ready for Hochwinter. Seriously how much longer is that? If I got time I want to try something.

I'll go out to the woods, alone, and in my Skarin outfit, then, with my hair loose, my beard wild, and channeling that feeling I had when I entered the Eternal Flame, I'll let rip the loudest, deepest, most powerful wolf howl I can muster, then let it last for as long as I can. Then I'll sit back and watch the effects.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:Indeed it did...indeed it did...

I make sure to do it respectfully and bombastically.

And she's witty, charming...and dear god...Marilyn Monroe's got NOTHING on her.

Heh.

Alright, how do you want to go about this little hunt?  The Graf feels like tearing the city apart with every possible soldier he can call up.  He already lost his legitimate son just recently, he'll be damned before he loses another, especially to an undead leech.

If you study the place you notice that there was almost no struggle here, you also notice that there is almost no blood around the huge claw marks at their throats, looking a bit you notice a VERY slight pair of punctures, narrowly set, as if from a dainty mouth, the gash themselves seem to have been done by a pair of clawed hands that either belonged to a half-grown boy or a woman.  You might have a Lahmian Coven on your hands.

I point that out and frankly considering, we can only pray they didn't turn her.

Time to investigate the commings and goings of any noteworthy women... who was in the castle that day. We're looking for incredible beauties here.

Titles: Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

Punch a hole in the ground.  Take a log and Jam it in.  Ugly but it'll work as an initial fortification until the proper Castle is built.  I'll make sure this is OUT SIDE of the regular construction area.

The dwarfs are horrified by it until they found out it took you all of the day to put up an entire fortified camp.

"I'll be sure to welcome them warmly, though I might have to use my gear from time to time..."  I smile ruefully.

"Of course..."

And I'm probably utterly snookered.  

Barely buzzed.

Heh, likely becoming a living legend with the hairy buggers.

Yeah. They don't believe your story but they have the feeling you're not all you claim to be.

Well back to Cosmina, the Graf and the Ar-Ulric and get ready for Hochwinter.  Seriously how much longer is that?  If I got time I want to try something.

Depends. What do you want to try?

I'll go out to the woods, alone, and in my Skarin outfit, then, with my hair loose, my beard wild, and channeling that feeling I had when I entered the Eternal Flame, I'll let rip the loudest, deepest, most powerful wolf howl I can muster, then let it last for as long as I can.  Then I'll sit back and watch the effects.

Hundreds of wolves come from the wood... an entire armies worth... and all of them prostrate themselves before you... they recognize an alpha.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 am

Psyckosama wrote:I make sure to do it respectfully and bombastically.

And they love it.

I point that out and frankly considering, we can only pray they didn't turn her.

The look of pained horror and fury on the Graf's face is both heartbreaking and terrifying when you see it.

Time to investigate the commings and goings of any noteworthy women... who was in the castle that day. We're looking for incredible beauties here.

Questioning the the staff you eventually learn that there had been a lady-in-waiting who claimed to be a distant cousin of Leopold von Bildenhofen coming here to visit other kin, Jet Black hair, pale skin, drop dead gorgeous kinda like this actually.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 25 Bdi_ursa_minor__4_new_orleans_exc___j__broomall_by_sinhalite-d5kzhko

Sans the blood actually. She'd been at some gala and seemed to strike up a friendship with the young lady. She'd disappeared not long after, the story being she'd gone back home to Carroberg.

The dwarfs are horrified by it until they found out it took you all of the day to put up an entire fortified camp.

"I'm ugly and crude but I'm fast, besides this isn't the end goal, this is just to keep the Beastmen and goblins out while works being done."

"Of course..."

Good enough for me.

Barely buzzed.

Awesome...don't want to even THINK what might happen if I ever really DID get blasted. Shudder. I'll offer to lug the ones that passed out back home before heading home myself.

Yeah. They don't believe your story but they have the feeling you're not all you claim to be.

Believe or don't, it's your choice, in the end I'll let my actions speak for me and they seem to speak much more loudly.

Depends. What do you want to try?

See below.

Hundreds of wolves come from the wood... an entire armies worth... and all of them prostrate themselves before you... they recognize an alpha.

I grin, this is good, I can use this. For tonight, I run with them or hunt, whatever mood hits me. I head back to Middenheim the next morning and disperse them but I get through their head however it takes to come when I call though it won't be often.

I'll head back into Middenheim and I'll tell the Ar-Ulric what happened the night before and what I can do. I also tell him I might have an idea to put a little force into the Hochwinter proclamation, (HINT HINT!) and see his opinion of it.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:And they love it.

The look of pained horror and fury on the Graf's face is both heartbreaking and terrifying when you see it.

"I know.But we have to face the facts. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst... but I tell you now, that if you daughter was turned..."

My eyes narrow. "I will personally collapse the Silver Pinnacle on that bitch Neferata's head... but either way... I will find her."

Questioning the the staff you eventually learn that there had been a lady-in-waiting who claimed to be a distant cousin of Leopold von Bildenhofen coming here to visit other kin, Jet Black hair, pale skin, drop dead gorgeous kinda like this actually.

Sans the blood actually.  She'd been at some gala and seemed to strike up a friendship with the young lady.  She'd disappeared not long after, the story being she'd gone back home to Carroberg.

And let me guess, the young lady vanished immediately after...

Bounty. Now. Any evidence to her passing. Now. We need to track this bitch and her minions.

I also smell anything just in case my senses are good enough to get a sent and track her.

Is Valten with me on this?

"I'm ugly and crude but I'm fast, besides this isn't the end goal, this is just to keep the Beastmen and goblins out while works being done."

They spend a couple days making it less bloody offensive. They can't work with this eyesore next door.

Awesome...don't want to even THINK what might happen if I ever really DID get blasted.  Shudder.  I'll offer to lug the ones that passed out back home before heading home myself.

That will take a lot of lugging...

Believe or don't, it's your choice, in the end I'll let my actions speak for me and they seem to speak much more loudly.

You seem to be a good sort, and are a dwarf friend, but they find your story kinda weak.

I grin, this is good, I can use this.  For tonight, I run with them or hunt, whatever mood hits me.  I head back to Middenheim the next morning and disperse them but I get through their head however it takes to come when I call though it won't be often.

I'll head back into Middenheim and I'll tell the Ar-Ulric what happened the night before and what I can do.  I also tell him I might have an idea to put a little force into the Hochwinter proclamation,  (HINT HINT!)  and see his opinion of it.

He's listening!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:I sometime wonder if they even fart...or have sphincters.... Razz

Laughing 

If you'd offered the idea to them before they'd have laughed you out of the forest, but considering how damn fast you've proven yourself...maybe lead the bastard through this dried riverbed here and they'll handle the rest.

That's the idea.

You then scarper off, running twice as fast as those Glade riders had been going before and causing reflexive exclamations of surprise from some of the younger elves, their elders were just as surprised but they had a bit more self control.

Heh, of course they are surprised. They've finally got a inkling of of what I am capable of.  Cool

A few miles ahead you track down the herd.  2000 strong, the fast majority of them being full gors, with a heavy contingent of Bestigors and leading them, and you groan at this, a cadre of doombulls 20 strong the biggest of them looking like he could tangle with a giant, the mark of Khorne on each and every one of them.

The doombulls are leading the charge with the bestigors on either side and the gors behind and outside of them, making a very rough wedge shape, but the roughness of the forest making little hindrance for the beasts.

How do you want to do this?

Right, if there are rocks or boulders or other throw able debris around, I'll gather them, then ready them for use. Once the Beastmen are in range/can see me. Start throwing the rocks full strength at the Doombulls, doesn't matter if it hits them or not as long as it gets their attention. Then begin taunting them, make them angry, challenge them to try to catch me.. if they can.

If they take the bait, start running back to the designated killzone, staying *just* ahead of them to further taunt and entice them in their chase. Carry some rocks with me to fling at them while on the way to keep them angry.

Once the trap has been sprung. Turn and target the Doombulls and charge them, seeking to hold them in place or just kill them if possible.

The longer the Doombulls are tied up, or if the Doombulls can be eliminated, the smaller bastards can be easily dispatched by the Wood Elves.

For my weapons' elemental power, use lightning, as swinging a fire weapon around in Athel Loren is a big no no.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:05 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I know.But we have to face the facts. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst... but I tell you now, that if you daughter was turned..."

My eyes narrow. "I will personally collapse the Silver Pinnacle on that bitch Neferata's head... but either way... I will find her."

"And I'll march with you when you do." You THINK you see tears at the corner of his eye though that might have been a trick of the light.

And let me guess, the young lady vanished immediately after...

Got in one.

Bounty. Now. Any evidence to her passing. Now. We need to track this bitch and her minions.

DONE!

I also smell anything just in case my senses are good enough to get a sent and track her.

Examining the places informants give you about the possible Lahmia's locations and movments, you get an odd...hint of something, kinda like smell or at least your mind processes as such. An odd mixture of blood, sex, and death. Following that hint you learn that a black carriage was seen leaving to the South towards Schoninghagen along that road. Just two days ago. You should be able to catch up quickly enough.

http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/maps/Map-The-Empire-2-Detailed-Color.jpg

Is Valten with me on this?

You think after all the shit the two of you have been through already that he'd not go with you on this? HA!

He grabs his hammer, Kisses Frieda and goes with you. The rate that he's catching up with you is frankly a little scary to be honest. Must be that hammer. How many do you want with you?

They spend a couple days making it less bloody offensive. They can't work with this eyesore next door.

"If they must."

That will take a lot of lugging...

I'll do it anyway, I mean it's kinda my fault as it is.

You seem to be a good sort, and are a dwarf friend, but they find your story kinda weak.

I shrug, it is what it is.

He's listening!

Simply, when you announcing me, I was planning on using that howl again to summon the great pack, bringing in all those wolves might help convince that I'm the real thing and not some political move against the Sigmarites. Not that this likely isn't one on the side I'm sure. Though timing and making sure we don't have any...tragedies would be paramount to getting this right. Also I ask him if that night would be a good time to warn the people about the march of Achaeron?

[quote="Aceraptor"]Name: Marcus Raynor

Brian Boru wrote:That's the idea.

Heh

Heh, of course they are surprised. They've finally got a inkling of of what I am capable of.  Cool

And they're going to get quite a bit more in a little while.

Right, if there are rocks or boulders or other throw able debris around, I'll gather them, then ready them for use. Once the Beastmen are in range/can see me. Start throwing the rocks full strength at the Doombulls, doesn't matter if it hits them or not as long as it gets their attention. Then begin taunting them, make them angry, challenge them to try to catch me.. if they can.

It only takes you showing yourself to put them in a fury but the rocks certainly get their focus. The head doombull is infuriated and rushes you, the others following suit like a pack of demented lemmings.

If they take the bait, start running back to the designated killzone, staying *just* ahead of them to further taunt and entice them in their chase. Carry some rocks with me to fling at them while on the way to keep them angry.

Once you get to the spot, the sound of elven horns and warcries rip through the forest, followed by swarms of arrows and javelins. The beasts roar and rage and turn to their new foes but the ambush has taken a terrific toll.

Once the trap has been sprung. Turn and target the Doombulls and charge them, seeking to hold them in place or just kill them if possible.

The longer the Doombulls are tied up, or if the Doombulls can be eliminated, the smaller bastards can be easily dispatched by the Wood Elves.

For my weapons' elemental power, use lightning, as swinging a fire weapon around in Athel Loren is a big no no.

Lighting sparks into being on your weapons, and within 100 yards of you elves shout in shock when their weapons ripple with the power of the storm as well.

Then you charge them and hit the doombulls like a thunderclap, pieces of beastman go flying in all directions as you cut a swath through the monsters. The doombulls barely stand a chance before you and even the massive leader can only exchange a few blows before you lighting enhanced blades chop him into gibblets. With the huge bruin dead, some of the fight is taken out of the others, the Bestigors keep strong but they were hit hard in the initial ambush and more are falling to the elves. The gors are already beginning to break in dribs and drabs but groups that small don't last too long in athel loren. Where do you focus now? Kill the standing besitgors or shatter the gors?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:"And I'll march with you when you do."  You THINK you see tears at the corner of his eye though that might have been a trick of the light.

Actually, I was being literally. I will literally bring down the mountain, and reduce it to rubble with her trapped inside, entombed for all of eternity.

Got in one.

Idiots...

Examining the places informants give you about the possible Lahmia's locations and movments, you get an odd...hint of something, kinda like smell or at least your mind processes as such.  An odd mixture of blood, sex, and death.  Following that hint you learn that a black carriage was seen leaving to the South towards Schoninghagen along that road.  Just two days ago.  You should be able to catch up quickly enough.

LETS GO! Off in a BLUR of RAGE.

You think after all the shit the two of you have been through already that he'd not go with you on this?  HA!

I don't assume, little brother. I do not assume.

He grabs his hammer, Kisses Frieda and goes with you.  The rate that he's catching up with you is frankly a little scary to be honest.  Must be that hammer.  How many do you want with you?

At the speeds we need to move, anyone else would probably just slow us down. I apologize to the Countess, and I'm sure the Graf will be pleased to have a fellow elector as a quest, but duty calls. There's evil afoot!

"If they must."

They MUST!

I'll do it anyway, I mean it's kinda my fault as it is.

You end up having to stack them in a cart. :p

It's rather funny, a norskin man with a cart of dwarves delivering them home from the bar.

They all make you swear an oath to never speak of this again. NEVER.

NOBODY CARTS A DWARF!

I shrug, it is what it is.

Weak. :p

Simply, when you announcing me, I was planning on using that howl again to summon the great pack, bringing in all those wolves might help convince that I'm the real thing and not some political move against the Sigmarites.  Not that this likely isn't one on the side I'm sure.  Though timing and making sure we don't have any...tragedies would be paramount to getting this right.  Also I ask him if that night would be a good time to warn the people about the march of Achaeron?

The March... you need more physical evidence sadly. But the wolf call? He loves it!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:And they're going to get quite a bit more in a little while.

Yup.

It only takes you showing yourself to put them in a fury but the rocks certainly get their focus.  The head doombull is infuriated and rushes you, the others following suit like a pack of demented lemmings.

Typical Khornates. Hyper aggressive idiots.

Once you get to the spot, the sound of elven horns and warcries rip through the forest, followed by swarms of arrows and javelins.  The beasts roar and rage and turn to their new foes but the ambush has taken a terrific toll.

Since pretty much every Wood Elf can use ranged weapons I'd guess, that should kill hundreds of the Beastmen and wound hundreds more in the opening salvo.

Lighting sparks into being on your weapons, and within 100 yards of you elves shout in shock when their weapons ripple with the power of the storm as well.

Huh, note to self: Elemental power empowers allies' weapons. Useful.

Then you charge them and hit the doombulls like a thunderclap, pieces of beastman go flying in all directions as you cut a swath through the monsters.  The doombulls barely stand a chance before you and even the massive leader can only exchange a few blows before you lighting enhanced blades chop him into gibblets.  With the huge bruin dead, some of the fight is taken out of the others, the Bestigors keep strong but they were hit hard in the initial ambush and more are falling to the elves.  The gors are already beginning to break in dribs and drabs but groups that small don't last too long in athel loren.  Where do you focus now?  Kill the standing besitgors or shatter the gors?

I charge into the bestigors, the Gors will shatter once they see what resistance there has been is obliterated. Destroy whatever resistance is left and leave the fleeing remnants for the Wood Elves or the Forest itself to chase down and kill off.

Man, it's gonna be tough cleaning out all the blood from my clothes.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:55 am

Psyckosama wrote:Actually, I was being literally. I will literally bring down the mountain, and reduce it to rubble with her trapped inside, entombed for all of eternity.

Still wants to be there.

Idiots...

Heh

LETS GO! Off in a BLUR of RAGE.

WHOOSH!

I don't assume, little brother. I do not assume.

Heh

At the speeds we need to move, anyone else would probably just slow us down. I apologize to the Countess, and I'm sure the Graf will be pleased to have a fellow elector as a quest, but duty calls. There's evil afoot!

She understands perfectly, she's had her experiences with the beasts before. Not common, or even infrequent but they've happened.

After a day of pounding down the road at astouding speeds, you finally find the black carriage, but it's stopped right off the road, looking around you spot a small game trail. You find at the top of the hill a bevy of drop dead gorgeous women...starkers...standing over another young woman...also starkers, but judging from the blood red eyes and the fangs she isn't with them. One of them, a different woman, both older yet the same age is offering Katarina Todbringer a cup with some red viscous material.

They MUST!

Alright, alright.

You end up having to stack them in a cart. :p

It's rather funny, a norskin man with a cart of dwarves delivering them home from the bar.

They all make you swear an oath to never speak of this again. NEVER.

NOBODY CARTS A DWARF!

"What carting? No one carted anyone." I wink at that to carry the joke, then we never speak of this again.

Weak. :p

Heh

The March... you need more physical evidence sadly. But the wolf call? He loves it!

I grimace at that, "Would rather not have to wait until Kislev is on fire, but alright."

At the wolf one, "Glad to hear that." The smile is a little...wolfish itself.

With that I intend to stay put until hochwinter, I also start practicing on what I'll be saying when I'm announced. Of course if some emergency comes up I'll do what needs to be done.

I'll try to get to know a bit more about the Graf's family, I will be having to work with these people. I've heard about Heinrich, he sounds like a good man. I'm also kinda curious about what the situation of succession is going to be with Stefan's death. I DON'T discuss that with the graf or his family, but I do mention that to the Ar-Ulric when we're alone.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:Still wants to be there.

He will be.

WHOOSH!

No sonic boom?

She understands perfectly, she's had her experiences with the beasts before.  Not common, or even infrequent but they've happened.

I'll have to help her clean her court.

After a day of pounding down the road at astouding speeds, you finally find the black carriage, but it's stopped right off the road, looking around you spot a small game trail.  You find at the top of the hill a bevy of drop dead gorgeous women...starkers...standing over another young woman...also starkers, but judging from the blood red eyes and the fangs she isn't with them.  One of them, a different woman, both older yet the same age is offering Katarina Todbringer a cup with some red viscous material.

Okay, I know what my first Thu'um is.

ZUN!

At this point I think Valten and I make our entrance, weapons out burning with rage.

"Well, little brother... do you see what I see?"

FERAL grin.

Alright, alright.

Heh.

"What carting?  No one carted anyone."  I wink at that to carry the joke, then we never speak of this again.

SWEAR THE OATH! O.O

I grimace at that, "Would rather not have to wait until Kislev is on fire, but alright."

"Then do a visit to Kislev..."

At the wolf one, "Glad to hear that."  The smile is a little...wolfish itself.

He bows somewhat.

With that I intend to stay put until hochwinter, I also start practicing on what I'll be saying when I'm announced.  Of course if some emergency comes up I'll do what needs to be done.

Okay. What do you intend to say?

I'll try to get to know a bit more about the Graf's family, I will be having to work with these people.  I've heard about Heinrich, he sounds like a good man.  I'm also kinda curious about what the situation of succession is going to be with Stefan's death.  I DON'T discuss that with the graf or his family, but I do mention that to the Ar-Ulric when we're alone.

He's probably going to declare his bastard son legitimate and hunt a husband down for his daughter.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:He will be.

Good.

No sonic boom?

Do cars going 80 make one? If no, then no.

I'll have to help her clean her court.

She'd be most welcome.

Okay, I know what my first Thu'um is.

ZUN!

With that the cup goes flying into the air, soaking everyone but Katarina with the liquid you now recognize as blood.

All of the women shriek in rage as they glare in your direction.

At this point I think Valten and I make our entrance, weapons out burning with rage.

"Well, little brother... do you see what I see?"

FERAL grin.

"Some unnaturally attractive corpses that need to be put down for everyone's safety and peace of mind I say."

The women stare at the two of you, then their leader grins, "Well, I WAS about to be angry about having our newest member being prevented from joining, but such a...delicious meal like this is certainly a consolation prize. Bring them here."

The women, 10 in total, then begin slinking towards you, a distant corner of your brain is screaming "WHOO HOO BRING ON THE PRETTY LADIES!" Their eyes all begin glowing and the both of you feel...something at the back of your heads but you manage to shrug it off without even a shake of your head.

When that happens, the coven stop cold, then their nails and fangs lengthen and they charge. Their beauty unmarred by their fury but it does make it terrifying.

You manage to carve through them like a fox in a chicken coop. Claws that tear chunks out of trees are deflected with blatant ease. Soon the only one left is the coven head. She snarls at the two of you before transforming into a cloud of bats and scattering in a thousand different ways.

About then Katarina comes to and she looks around she's at. Her big eyes wide in fear and her pretty face pale as marble.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/052/8/9/after_the_storm_by_sinhalite-d4qdjgl.jpg

She takes one look and seems to realize what almost happened because she throws herself at you and begins sobbing like a little girl...a naked, full figured girl, but a girl nonetheless.

SWEAR THE OATH! O.O

Then immediately sworn to Ulric, Taal, and the Ancestors this will be treated as it NEVER, EVER happened.

"Then do a visit to Kislev..."

"...meant that if Kislev is already on fire then we're bit late and a copper short but I might do that....someday."

He bows somewhat.

Need to get used to that.

Okay. What do you intend to say?

Basically that What the Ar-Ulric has said is true, that the wolf father has granted me power immeasurable, I'll tell them my exploits, but if Ulric gave me so much, then there must be a reason for it. Something must be coming, something that he needs me to stand and fight against. So I ask the folk of the Empire to keep their eyes open, their ears other, their arms strong, and their blades sharp, for what ever is coming, may come soon indeed.

He's probably going to declare his bastard son legitimate and hunt a husband down for his daughter.

And if I were a political man I would realize that Katarina and I would be an extremely formidable pair and would allow me and her father to strongly support each other. But I'm not and I have Cosmina and frankly I'm overjoyed with her. Outloud I say, "I'll make sure to support both men when that time comes, should help shut the jackasses up."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:Do cars going 80 make one?  If no, then no.

I was only going 80? But I'm in a rush!

She'd be most welcome.

Grin.

With that the cup goes flying into the air, soaking everyone but Katarina with the liquid you now recognize as blood.

Smirk.

All of the women shriek in rage as they glare in your direction.

TROLL FACE.

"Some unnaturally attractive corpses that need to be put down for everyone's safety and peace of mind I say."

"Indeed, little brother. It is a shame there's not a pulse to be found. Otherwise this might actually be fun."

The women stare at the two of you, then their leader grins, "Well, I WAS about to be angry about having our newest member being prevented from joining, but such a...delicious meal like this is certainly a consolation prize.  Bring them here."

I look at Valten and laugh.

The women, 10 in total, then begin slinking towards you, a distant corner of your brain is screaming "WHOO HOO BRING ON THE PRETTY LADIES!"  Their eyes all begin glowing and the both of you feel...something at the back of your heads but you manage to shrug it off without even a shake of your head.

"Come on girls. Not all at once."

When that happens, the coven stop cold, then their nails and fangs lengthen and they charge.  Their beauty unmarred by their fury but it does make it terrifying.

"Bitch, you done got creepy."

You manage to carve through them like a fox in a chicken coop.  Claws that tear chunks out of trees are deflected with blatant ease.  Soon the only one left is the coven head.  She snarls at the two of you before transforming into a cloud of bats and scattering in a thousand different ways.

I make sure to snatch one out of the air and give it a squeeze. Just enough to disable it "And this is going to lead us back to the main body. I'm sure there's some kind of tracking spell that can be used."

I stuff it in a leather bag.

About then Katarina comes to and she looks around she's at.  Her big eyes wide in fear and her pretty face pale as marble.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/052/8/9/after_the_storm_by_sinhalite-d4qdjgl.jpg

She takes one look and seems to realize what almost happened because she throws herself at you and begins sobbing like a little girl...a naked, full figured girl, but a girl nonetheless.

I simply hold her. "Your father's worried. He asked us to help you." I pet her head and throw my cloak around her "Come on, lets go home."

We stop to pick up a dress if thee isn't one int he coach. And take her home.

Then I hand over the bat to the court wizard and instruct him to find someone who can do a tracking spell.

Either way I'm sure Vapirella is going to have a huge fucking bounty in the empire now.

Then immediately sworn to Ulric, Taal, and the Ancestors this will be treated as it NEVER, EVER happened.

Thank you.

"...meant that if Kislev is already on fire then we're bit late and a copper short but I might do that....someday."

I mean before it catches alight... or... well... we can start looking into it but we can't fo anything until the Hockwinter.

Need to get used to that.

Seems to be an unconcious act of submission.

Basically that What the Ar-Ulric has said is true, that the wolf father has granted me power immeasurable, I'll tell them my exploits, but if Ulric gave me so much, then there must be a reason for it.  Something must be coming, something that he needs me to stand and fight against.  So I ask the folk of the Empire to keep their eyes open, their ears other, their arms strong, and their blades sharp, for what ever is coming, may come soon indeed.

Alright.

And if I were a political man I would realize that Katarina and I would be an extremely formidable pair and would allow me and her father to strongly support each other.  But I'm not and I have Cosmina and frankly I'm overjoyed with her.  Outloud I say, "I'll make sure to support both men when that time comes, should help shut the jackasses up."

He nods "The Graf will thank you for that."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:06 am

OOC: Reposting so that it doesn't get lost.

Brian Boru wrote:And they're going to get quite a bit more in a little while.

Yup.

It only takes you showing yourself to put them in a fury but the rocks certainly get their focus.  The head doombull is infuriated and rushes you, the others following suit like a pack of demented lemmings.

Once you get to the spot, the sound of elven horns and warcries rip through the forest, followed by swarms of arrows and javelins.  The beasts roar and rage and turn to their new foes but the ambush has taken a terrific toll.

Since pretty much every Wood Elf can use ranged weapons I'd guess, that should kill hundreds of the Beastmen and wound hundreds more in the opening salvo.

Then you charge them and hit the doombulls like a thunderclap, pieces of beastman go flying in all directions as you cut a swath through the monsters.  The doombulls barely stand a chance before you and even the massive leader can only exchange a few blows before you lighting enhanced blades chop him into gibblets.  With the huge bruin dead, some of the fight is taken out of the others, the Bestigors keep strong but they were hit hard in the initial ambush and more are falling to the elves.  The gors are already beginning to break in dribs and drabs but groups that small don't last too long in athel loren.  Where do you focus now?  Kill the standing besitgors or shatter the gors?

I charge into the bestigors, the Gors will shatter once they see what resistance there has been is obliterated. Destroy whatever resistance is left and leave the fleeing remnants for the Wood Elves or the Forest itself to chase down and kill off.

Anyways, once the Beastmen forces have been shattered, it's time to deal with the aftermath.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:10 am

Vargr Skarin

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

Brian Boru wrote:The general mood seems to watchfulness, though not the watchfulness of people under severe stress, this is normal for them.  But they always make sure they're ready to fight or march out to fight.

As for the heads, well you manage to get another 10 silvers for your trouble.  Also vaguely impressed, gors are big bastards.  Mort introduces himself properly, his father, the castellian of Brionne castle, had sent him to as a knight errant in Duke Chilfroy's retinue.

The Duke accepts this but tells his this isn't soft Brionne, this is Artois, and he warns the lad Artois men DO NOT take kindly to his...courting...

Then he turns to you..."What brings you here?"

"It was as good a destination as any, perhaps better than most for someone with my talents, and I don't much care for turning brigand," I shrug. "Too many people after your head if you're good at it and too many scruples you have to leave at the wayside to be good at it. So, I thought to myself, mercenary's the next best thing for making coin, and nobody likes beastmen."

I pause for a moment, then shrug. "And Mort tends to get himself into the most interesting messes sometimes."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I was only going 80? But I'm in a rush!

That's kinda your top speed....you CAN keep that up forever.

"Indeed, little brother. It is a shame there's not a pulse to be found. Otherwise this might actually be fun."

He gives you a look at that, he's got Frieda and wonders just how lonely are you to even THINK about that.

I look at Valten and laugh.

He's laughing with you.

The Lahmians are a bit confused.

"Come on girls. Not all at once."

Bwhu... is the general response.

"Bitch, you done got creepy."

You think they might look a little bit angrier there.

I make sure to snatch one out of the air and give it a squeeze. Just enough to disable it "And this is going to lead us back to the main body. I'm sure there's some kind of tracking spell that can be used."

I stuff it in a leather bag.

It makes a ferocious struggle, but eventually it calms down, though you constantly hear chattering from the sack every so often.

I simply hold her. "Your father's worried. He asked us to help you." I pet her head and throw my cloak around her "Come on, lets go home."

She sniffles a little more, then nods and follows you.

We stop to pick up a dress if thee isn't one int he coach. And take her home.

As luck would have it, her dress is in the coach. Neatly folded, though you find and extra with the same sizes but much more...daring you might say. She rips the thing apart the moment she sees it.

The entire way back she stares at you with the most awestruck eyes you've ever encountered.

When you return home the Graf, along with her brother, are there waiting for her. When she sees them, she sprints to the two men who embrace her with all the love siblings and parents can give.

The Graf then turns to the two of you and bows his head, "Twice you have done a great service to me. I cannot thank you enough....kneel."

If you do so he grants you the title of Lord of the old Drakwald and he promises all the aid he can possibly muster when you make your holding. He also notices the doe eyes Katarina makes in your direction and his eyebrow raises, though he doesn't comment.

Then I hand over the bat to the court wizard and instruct him to find someone who can do a tracking spell.

He takes the thing, he has a few contacts who can do something with this. He idly wonders what part of her this was. You could force the bat to change back if you want. Roll a d100 to see what part. It won't damage any tracking spell or ritual.

Either way I'm sure Vapirella is going to have a huge fucking bounty in the empire now.

Khazrak...

Thank you.

Good, now it is never spoken of...EVER.

I mean before it catches alight... or... well... we can start looking into it but we can't fo anything until the Hockwinter.

"Oh...well don't I feel stupid...Right either way Hochwinter...then Drakwald...then deal with that bastard in the far north."

Seems to be an unconcious act of submission.

...eesh...

Alright.

Though I AM a bit worried, if I'm here, the 4 are sure as hell going to step up their game.

He nods "The Graf will thank you for that."

"From all accounts Heinrich has always been a better choice than Stefan was, I feel sorry for the guy but I don't think he was good for Middenheim or Middenland."

Tough as hell though, but yes STUPID!

Bingo

Word of advice...ICE IS FUCKING HAX for two armies going at each other.

When you turn your fury of the Bestigors, they barely last for more than a few minutes before being torn to shreds. When the gors see what happened to the Bestigors, they shatter like eggshells scattering in multiple directions though most seem to be heading in the direction of the mountains. Most of the elves follow these groups though a group remain to finish off the wounded beasts and dispose of them

Heh, and beastman STINKS! Be glad it wan't a Nurglite group.

Anyways, once the Beastmen forces have been shattered, it's time to deal with the aftermath.

One of the leaders, a younger looking copy of the blonde leader who seemed to head that council you met earlier, looks you over, than simple asks, "What are you?"

"It was as good a destination as any, perhaps better than most for someone with my talents, and I don't much care for turning brigand," I shrug. "Too many people after your head if you're good at it and too many scruples you have to leave at the wayside to be good at it. So, I thought to myself, mercenary's the next best thing for making coin, and nobody likes beastmen."

Chilfroy gives you a look when you outright say "Mercenary". Officially Bretonnians don't hold truck with Mercenary companies, but on the other hand....temporary retinues are common and in Artois Chilfroy is even more lax than most, if you can show you can kick ass and want to kick beastman ass, you're in.

I pause for a moment, then shrug. "And Mort tends to get himself into the most interesting messes sometimes."

Chilfroy actually laughs at that one. He apparently has learned something of Mort's...history from his father with whom they campaigned together against some mad necromancer who tried to base himself out of old Mousillion.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Vargr Skarin

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name[/quote]

Brian Boru wrote:Chilfroy gives you a look when you outright say "Mercenary".  Officially Bretonnians don't hold truck with Mercenary companies, but on the other hand....temporary retinues are common and in Artois Chilfroy is even more lax than most, if you can show you can kick ass and want to kick beastman ass, you're in.

A chance to show off will come around sooner rather than later, so that's fine.

[/quote]Chilfroy actually laughs at that one.  He apparently has learned something of Mort's...history from his father with whom they campaigned together against some mad necromancer who tried to base himself out of old Mousillion.[/quote]

Sounds like a story and a half, that. I'm going to bug him about sharing it at some point.

For now, though, time to see about lodgings.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Brian Boru wrote:That's kinda your top speed....you CAN keep that up forever.

Ah. Well, I'd be willing to Hulk jump with this SOB!

He gives you a look at that, he's got Frieda and wonders just how lonely are you to even THINK about that.

"When we've killed them we need to spend some time talking about your banter. See, it's sometimes fun to play with your food before you eat it, hence the quips. They keep the same old slaughter from getting trite. I mean you can only kill so many naked vampire women before it becomes... well... downright boring."

He's laughing with you.

"I mean they think that..." I chuckle, "They actually have a chance?"

The Lahmians are a bit confused.

Heh. Good.

Bwhu... is the general response.

I actually flex my pecs at that one and give my come hither grin.

Yes. I'm trolling like a motherfucker.

You think they might look a little bit angrier there.

"The claws look is just so not you."

It makes a ferocious struggle, but eventually it calms down, though you constantly hear chattering from the sack every so often.

Heh.

She sniffles a little more, then nods and follows you.

Girl gets a hug.

As luck would have it, her dress is in the coach.  Neatly folded, though you find and extra with the same sizes but much more...daring you might say.  She rips the thing apart the moment she sees it.

"Ah..."

The entire way back she stares at you with the most awestruck eyes you've ever encountered.

I spend most of the time comforting her.

When you return home the Graf, along with her brother, are there waiting for her.  When she sees them, she sprints to the two men who embrace her with all the love siblings and parents can give.

I smile warmly. "No reward greater in all the world..."

The Graf then turns to the two of you and bows his head, "Twice you have done a great service to me.  I cannot thank you enough....

"There's no need to thank me. It's what any honorable man would have done..."

kneel."

I do.

If you do so he grants you the title of Lord of the old Drakwald and he promises all the aid he can possibly muster when you make your holding.  He also notices the doe eyes Katarina makes in your direction and his eyebrow raises, though he doesn't comment.

Nor do I. But he has my thanks. Though I can't accept the reward yet and will explain why. In private. And summon the Ur-Ulric.

When they do I introduce them to Valten, the Chosen of Sigmar, Barer of the True Ghal Maraz and Heir to His Line.

I have Luthor Huss and the cleric who accomplished me brought in and tell them to tell the others everything...

Along those likes, Valten did as much as I did to save his daughter. That's why I could not accept a reward yet, as it is not mine alone.

He takes the thing, he has a few contacts who can do something with this.  He idly wonders what part of her this was.  You could force the bat to change back if you want.  Roll a d100 to see what part.  It won't damage any tracking spell or ritual.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, but what the hell...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Khazrak...

Heh. If I run across her I'll bring her in, but let some other hero find his way.

Good, now it is never spoken of...EVER.

Good.

"Oh...well don't I feel stupid...Right either way Hochwinter...then Drakwald...then deal with that bastard in the far north."

He nods. "Good plan."

...eesh...

Priest of the Wolf God and you're his chosen champion.

Though I AM a bit worried, if I'm here, the 4 are sure as hell going to step up their game.

PRobably.

"From all accounts Heinrich has always been a better choice than Stefan was, I feel sorry for the guy but I don't think he was good for Middenheim or Middenland."

"There are some who believe he was assassinated for just that reason."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:00 am

A chance to show off will come around sooner rather than later, so that's fine.

Indeed he's heard about what Mort's said about you and seen your...abilities with the wolves, though he would be more comfortable if you were to be examined by a damsel he has on staff.

Sounds like a story and a half, that. I'm going to bug him about sharing it at some point.

Rather funny actually.

For now, though, time to see about lodgings.

Well lodging for Mort is with the other knight's errant. As for you, you're going to bunk with some of the empire men. They give you a once over and peg you as a primitive Norscan looking to smash heads, though they wonder why you came with such an important fella like Mort.

Psyckosama wrote:Ah. Well, I'd be willing to Hulk jump with this SOB!

You try it a couple of times...need to work on the aiming, you think you gave that old lady a heart attack when you landing in her chicken coop.

"When we've killed them we need to spend some time talking about your banter. See, it's sometimes fun to play with your food before you eat it, hence the quips. They keep the same old slaughter from getting trite. I mean you can only kill so many naked vampire women before it becomes... well... downright boring."

He goggles at that last bit.

"I mean they think that..." I chuckle, "They actually have a chance?"

"Well to be fair we're not that different from ordinary men at a distance are we?"

I actually flex my pecs at that one and give my come hither grin.

Yes. I'm trolling like a motherfucker.

You think one of them actually licks her lips for a moment.

"The claws look is just so not you."

Claws for the eyes.

Girl gets a hug.

She seems to like it.

"Ah..."

A little more life seems to be back in her.

I spend most of the time comforting her.

She needs it and she laps it up.

I smile warmly. "No reward greater in all the world..."

"Makes it all worth it." Valten says in agreement.

"There's no need to thank me. It's what any honorable man would have done..."

"Few men would have been able to do what you did."

Nor do I. But he has my thanks. Though I can't accept the reward yet and will explain why. In private. And summon the Ur-Ulric.

He gives you a look, but he knows you aren't a fool and the ar-ulric is called, who's curious what's going on as well.

When they do I introduce them to Valten, the Chosen of Sigmar, Barer of the True Ghal Maraz and Heir to His Line.

I have Luthor Huss and the cleric who accomplished me brought in and tell them to tell the others everything...

The two northmen stare...and stare... then a smile spreads across their faces.... "Neither of us had much truck with Sigmar for most of our lives. Didn't think he was truly someone to worship." A glare from Luthor is cut off by the Ar-Ulric continuing, "But recently events have put things in a new perspective. While Ulric is the god we put our faith in first...maybe we were wrong in our dismissing of Sigmar so quickly..." The two men bow their heads in respect to the big blonde young man.

Along those likes, Valten did as much as I did to save his daughter. That's why I could not accept a reward yet, as it is not mine alone.

And with that the Graf promises the young man 5000 gold crowns. If you mention that you got more for Khazrak he mentions that one you did that solo, and two...he can't be slinging out money that much that frequently.

Now about the Drakwald....

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, but what the hell...

When the light fades and you can see the cage where the bat had been sitting, you see an odd sack like organ sitting in the middle of the cage.

Everyone present is confused as hell as to what it is...before a member of the Morr cult who regularly worked with cadaver finally recognized it as a human womb...and frankly other than being slightly darker in color...is perfectly healthy and what you might have found in a woman of her mid 20s who'd never had a child.

One wit says, "Odd I would have thought THAT would have been shriveled like an ancient apple and fallen out...."

Heh. If I run across her I'll bring her in, but let some other hero find his way.

Indeed, but now you must prepare for Hochwinter. How do want to prepare yourself personally for that?

He nods. "Good plan."

Indeed.

Priest of the Wolf God and you're his chosen champion.

True.

PRobably.

Those four individual champions are going to be HORRIFYING aren't they?

"There are some who believe he was assassinated for just that reason."

"And that will be the last time I speak of such matters, I want no part of political intrigues like that." Brrr...

So...hochwinter...
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:You try it a couple of times...need to work on the aiming, you think you gave that old lady a heart attack when you landing in her chicken coop.

"Ooops! Sorry ma'am!"

I leave behind a few gold coins!

Probably 20 times what the birds and coop were worth.

He goggles at that last bit.

I facepalm slightly. "Excuse my friend, he's young."

"Well to be fair we're not that different from ordinary men at a distance are we?"

"Yes, but I though the visible aura of badass might have been a warning..."

You think one of them actually licks her lips for a moment.

Heh.

Claws for the eyes.

That one I actually give a cunt-punt.

She seems to like it.

I am not thinking of that right now.

A little more life seems to be back in her.

Good.

She needs it and she laps it up.

"Makes it all worth it."  Valten says in agreement.
Nod.

"Few men would have been able to do what you did."

"Few would be able, but any good man would try."

He gives you a look, but he knows you aren't a fool and the ar-ulric is called, who's curious what's going on as well.

I wait.

The two northmen stare...and stare... then a smile spreads across their faces....  "Neither of us had much truck with Sigmar for most of our lives.  Didn't think he was truly someone to worship."  A glare from Luthor is cut off by the Ar-Ulric continuing, "But recently events have put things in a new perspective.  While Ulric is the god we put our faith in first...maybe we were wrong in our dismissing of Sigmar so quickly..."  The two men bow their heads in respect to the big blonde young man.

"I'm thinking a duel announcement."

And with that the Graf promises the young man 5000 gold crowns.  If you mention that you got more for Khazrak he mentions that one you did that solo, and two...he can't be slinging out money that much that frequently.

I don't. Would be rude.

Now about the Drakwald....

Humbly accepted.

When the light fades and you can see the cage where the bat had been sitting, you see an odd sack like organ sitting in the middle of the cage.

Everyone present is confused as hell as to what it is...before a member of the Morr cult who regularly worked with cadaver finally recognized it as a human womb...and frankly other than being slightly darker in color...is perfectly healthy and what you might have found in a woman of her mid 20s who'd never had a child.

I turn a little green. "I guess ignorance is bliss..."

One wit says, "Odd I would have thought THAT would have been shriveled like an ancient apple and fallen out...."

I look over. "Part of their 'thing' is begin perfectly preserved. Perfect being the keyword."

Indeed, but now you must prepare for Hochwinter.  How do want to prepare yourself personally for that?

Meditation, grooming, and I go into the woods and howl. I'm going to summon the packs and I pray before the eternal flame.

Those four individual champions are going to be HORRIFYING aren't they?

Not as horrifying as you though.

"And that will be the last time I speak of such matters, I want no part of political intrigues like that."  Brrr...

He nods. "Indeed."

So...hochwinter...

D.... 100!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:24 am

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:13 am

Brian Boru wrote:Tough as hell though, but yes STUPID!

Of course not all Khornites are so stupid. Sadly.

Word of advice...ICE IS FUCKING HAX for two armies going at each other.

Got it, I guess I can try it out next big battle.  Smile 

When you turn your fury of the Bestigors, they barely last for more than a few minutes before being torn to shreds.  When the gors see what happened to the Bestigors, they shatter like eggshells   scattering in multiple directions though most seem to be heading in the direction of the mountains.  Most of the elves follow these groups though a group remain to finish off the wounded beasts and dispose of them

Excellent, hope the Elves had light losses. Most likely thanks to me.  Cool 

Heh, and beastman STINKS!  Be glad it wan't a Nurglite group.

Ugh, don't remind me, I think I'll see if I can get some stain resistant clothing from somewhere. Or just get a runic armor from the Dorfs... if I get enough of a debt from them.

One of the leaders, a younger looking copy of the blonde leader who seemed to head that council you met earlier, looks you over, than simple asks, "What are you?"

I shrug at the question. "As far as I know, I am a human. But of course such physical abilities are rather far beyond a normal human's... to say the least. In all honesty, I do not know what I am. It has rather been at the back of my mind. I believe I can find an answer once I go back to the Empire. But right now? Your guess is as good as mine."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Ooops! Sorry ma'am!"

I leave behind a few gold coins!

Probably 20 times what the birds and coop were worth.

Heh, and you think you hear the old biddy shouting praises to Ulric as you get beyond earshot.

I facepalm slightly. "Excuse my friend, he's young."

A reflexive nod.

"Yes, but I though the visible aura of badass might have been a warning..."

"Well they're used to men who don't hold a candle physically to them."

That one I actually give a cunt-punt.

The look of shocked and horrified pain is hilarious to watch.

True gentleman you are.

See above.

"Few would be able, but any good man would try."

"Then it is fortunate that you are a good man and an able one."

I wait.

Alright.

"I'm thinking a duel announcement."

"Yes...I can see something like that. Should keep the loonies from screaming their heads off...no offense."

"None taken Ar-Ulric, some of my brethren can be...over zealous in their endeavors."

I don't. Would be rude.

Kool

Humbly accepted.

Excellant, that mess has been nothing but a breeding ground for beastmen for generations, time someone did something with that, and you might just be the man to do it.

I turn a little green. "I guess ignorance is bliss..."

Most others turn green as well.

I look over. "Part of their 'thing' is begin perfectly preserved. Perfect being the keyword."

Wall-eyed stares and nods, some of them look like they need a few drinks to get that image out.

Meditation, grooming, and I go into the woods and howl. I'm going to summon the packs and I pray before the eternal flame.

When you go out to howl that first night, hundreds wolves come to where you called for them. Interestingly enough a few giant wolves appear as well, one of them actually having a rough harness on his back and blood in his mouth. Apparently you can override whatever control goblins have on their mounts...interesting.

You also go to the eternal flame for the next several days. Once when you're sitting there studying it you see four shapes, horrible and evil, and...you think, you see that they are giving something to five smaller shapes, making them larger and stronger, stronger than you think they were originally supposed to, even to the point of diminishing the four. You get the feeling that if the smaller ones are destroyed than the four will be diminished for a long long time.

Then the day of Hochwinter comes, bonefires are lit, food is out, music is played, a few men dress up like wolves and act like the old Teutogens. At the great temple the initiates are sworn in as full priests of the order, and all are amazed at the great flurry of snow that begins the moments the ceremonies begin and continue to swirl though NOT enough that it becomes obstructive.

With the final induction that should be the end of the Ar-Ulric's duties other than a blessing of the people, but he instead goes into a speech.

"Thousands of years ago, our ancestors were led here to the Ulricsberg by Ulric himself when he desired a place solely for his people. With a single blow of his fist he created this plateau and at the center of it was the eternal flame the spark made by his strike and which we have kept burning ever since. We believed that was the last time Ulric had intereacted with our world in such a manner but I tell you now that Ulric has blessed us again like he had in the days of our ancestors." He gives a short introduction of your origin and what you've accomplished, including killing Khazrak as well as rescuing the lady Katarina, then, "I present you (insert name) CHOSEN OF ULRIC! HIS WILL ON THIS WORLD GIVEN FLESH! HE WHO HAND PICKED IN THE ETERNAL FLAME BY THE WOLF-FATHER HIMSELF!"

You then stride forward. People are a little confused but then someone in the crowd says, "Hey I was there when he killed Khazrak on the Northroad. Ugly bastard tried to summon and demon and this maniac actually killed the thing before it could come completely out. Was a biggun too, twice as tall as me house!" With that others begin to applaud for you, but not all are completely convinced, they know how rumors can be greatly exaggerated.

How to win the doubters in the crowd over.

Not as horrifying as you though.

Which is nice.

He nods. "Indeed."

"Considering what is coming...seems almost paltry doesn't it?"

D.... 100!

Rolled a 9 above.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:14 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:Indeed he's heard about what Mort's said about you and seen your...abilities with the wolves, though he would be more comfortable if you were to be examined by a damsel he has on staff.

I weigh the pros and cons of that for a few moments before acquiescing. On one hand, potentially dangerous. On the other, I'd be more than interested in the results of that examination myself.

Well lodging for Mort is with the other knight's errant.  As for you, you're going to bunk with some of the empire men.  They give you a once over and peg you as a primitive Norscan looking to smash heads, though they wonder why you came with such an important fella like Mort.

Luck mostly. Not sure if it was good or bad. I'm just as curious as to why I've found Imperial soldiers here.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh, and you think you hear the old biddy shouting praises to Ulric as you get beyond earshot.

Happy to oblige.

A reflexive nod.

heh.

"Well they're used to men who don't hold a candle physically to them."

Deep sigh.

The look of shocked and horrified pain is hilarious to watch.

My kingdom for a camera.

True gentleman you are.

Business before pleasure as the saying goes.

"Then it is fortunate that you are a good man and an able one."

"I do what I can."

"Yes...I can see something like that.  Should keep the loonies from screaming their heads off...no offense."  

"None taken Ar-Ulric, some of my brethren can be...over zealous in their endeavors."

I smile warmly. "That's the intent. The Ulricians gain a champion, the Sigmarites would rise up. The Sigmarites gain a chamption, the Ulricians would cry foul. Both gods send a champion, and we make it clear we're buddy buddy, well, it's hard to make accusations without looking like a complete and utter tit."

Excellant, that mess has been nothing but a breeding ground for beastmen for generations, time someone did something with that, and you might just be the man to do it.

I do warn that at least for now I don't be able to dedicate as much time as I'd like... but I'll happily help out. I have a lot of commitments across the land.

Wall-eyed stares and nods, some of them look like they need a few drinks to get that image out.

"Beer. The cause of and solution to all of life's little problems..."

When you go out to howl that first night, hundreds wolves come to where you called for them.  Interestingly enough a few giant wolves appear as well, one of them actually having a rough harness on his back and blood in his mouth.  Apparently you can override whatever control goblins have on their mounts...interesting.

I look at them. "I will be summoning you again at the Hochwinter to celebrate our Lord Ulric and my announcement in the lands of men as his champion. Then together we will clear the Drakwald of its taint and make it truly the wood of the wolf."

You also go to the eternal flame for the next several days.  Once when you're sitting there studying it you see four shapes, horrible and evil, and...you think, you see that they are giving something to five smaller shapes, making them larger and stronger, stronger than you think they were originally supposed to, even to the point of diminishing the four.  You get the feeling that if the smaller ones are destroyed than the four will be diminished for a long long time.

I immediately warn the Ur-Ulric.

This will be a war for the ages to come. The 4 are crafting their champions in response to Valten and I.

Valten is Sigmar's mortal spirit reborn of his own blood, forged in the fires of divinity and returned to the empire in its time of need. His avatar, his reincarnation, his child.

While I am the son of the Wolf God and the Dovahkiin, a mortal hero born with a dragon's soul and the chosen champion of foreign gods. Like Valten I am both mortal and god by my nature.

These champions are simply mortals who have been blessed with especially potent and freakish powers and mutations. Mighty, but it is not part of their being, it is not who they are. I believe though that they will find their efforts to be ultimately inferior. Though we must beware. Quantity is a quality of its own, and five on two can still be difficult odds.

I also spend some time with Valten in prayer, who I strongly suggest use Ghal Maraz as his icon of meditation. I intend to summon the packs, to show that I have Ulric's blessing. I pray to Sigmar that when Valten is announced, I ask that he send a sign.

Hopefully this will get us a twin tailed comet! Very Happy

He seems to like those.

Then the day of Hochwinter comes, bonefires are lit, food is out, music is played, a few men dress up like wolves and act like the old Teutogens.  At the great temple the initiates are sworn in as full priests of the order, and all are amazed at the great flurry of snow that begins the moments the ceremonies begin and continue to swirl though NOT enough that it becomes obstructive.  

With the final induction that should be the end of the Ar-Ulric's duties other than a blessing of the people, but he instead goes into a speech.

"Thousands of years ago, our ancestors were led here to the Ulricsberg by Ulric himself when he desired a place solely for his people.  With a single blow of his fist he created this plateau and at the center of it was the eternal flame the spark made by his strike and which we have kept burning ever since.  We believed that was the last time Ulric had intereacted with our world in such a manner but I tell you now that Ulric has blessed us again like he had in the days of our ancestors."  He gives a short introduction of your origin and what you've accomplished, including killing Khazrak as well as rescuing the lady Katarina, then, "I present you (insert name)  CHOSEN OF ULRIC!  HIS WILL ON THIS WORLD GIVEN FLESH!  HE WHO HAND PICKED IN THE ETERNAL FLAME BY THE WOLF-FATHER HIMSELF!"

You then stride forward.  People are a little confused but then someone in the crowd says, "Hey I was there when he killed Khazrak on the Northroad.  Ugly bastard tried to summon and demon and this maniac actually killed the thing before it could come completely out.  Was a biggun too, twice as tall as me house!"  With that others begin to applaud for you, but not all are completely convinced, they know how rumors can be greatly exaggerated.

How to win the doubters in the crowd over.

First I howl... and the packs come forward.

I introduce myself, who I am, what I am. My dedication to the people and justice, to the wisdom of the past and the great potential of the future. And I say I am not alone...Sigmar too has chosen a champion...

And Valten is introduce. And the tales of our travels are told.

IF you like I can add more detail.

"Considering what is coming...seems almost paltry doesn't it?"

"Welcome to politics."

Rolled a 9 above.

It's an active day of celebration. Sweets and pastries in the form of wolves are sold on the streets, great braziers are lit, the dedicated wander about in the skins of wolves, entertainers play thier trade. Priests walk through the streets handing out alms and blessing all in the path in His name. Even packs of sacred wolves are let loose in the streets, mingling with the people, being fed treats and sweat meats but not harming the worshipers (though a couple obnoxious drunks might get themselves lightly mauled and small children growled or snapped at after tugging on the "doggy's" tail). It's a grand festivle with a wolf and fire theme, as the streets ring with the songs of the Wolf God.

And in the end of it the massive crowds congregate to the great square for the great event. In the center of the square is a great firepit, which the Ur-Ulric lights with a torch lit from the fires of the Sacred Flame itself, and the faithful from across may step foward carrying small wolf lanterns to capture a small bit of that sacred flame for themseves that the Wolf God may warm and protect thier homes in the coming winter.

The people are blessed. The innitiates are inducted into the faith...

And the Ur-Ulric has an announcement. In these times of darkenss, Ulric has seen fit to send to his people something not seen since the foundation of the empire. He has sent a mightly hero to stand amongst men, carrying his blessings that his people might be protected... they have tested your purity in his sacred flame and you were unburned. They have test your might and you have crushed chaos beneath your heel. They have tested your character and you have shown yourself to be a good and noble man, rightious of character with a strength of spirit that matches your boundless might.

STEP FORWARD CHOSEN OF ULRIC!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next