Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:He votes to be with the other slayers, they marched on his word and it wouldn't be right to not share their risks.

Good luck. He has command.

Their howls of anger changed to shock and horror....for a moment.

Heh.

Your baitforce (along with the ambushers if that was the plan) thunder forward like a rockslide.  The surviving greenskins going down like nine pins.  The slayers then flow into the open gates, the stunned survivors too few and shocked to close or defend the gates before they're killed.  You can hear the sounds of THOUSANDS of slayers murderizing greenskins in their hordes below you.

*grin*


Well you find the guy. The only problem was that when you charbroiled his boyz he got caught in the lava and is more than a little cooked himself.  Not really in a state to talk right at the moment.  He's not dead though or even unconscious just not capable of speech.

I heal him enough to interrogate.

Avatar Boru

"It's called sarcasm."

"Right. Sure."

"Right of course.  Shutting up now.  I'll be sure to summon ya as soon as I can."

"Go ahead. Not like I have anything else to do..."

And for the rest of the trek I'll do so every chance I can get time alone.  When I pull her out I simply talk with her or let her watch me practice, see her opinion and advice or whatever else.  I imagine she didn't get much of that before Unaloq and Vaatu decided to pull their shennanigans.  I'll try to listen more but I do try to keep it a dialogue and not a monologue.

Okay.

"Of course Grand Theologist, Patriarch Gelt."  I then go through the basic four elements, including some of the more exotic abilities.  Then I show the avatar mode, though I try NOT to cause a widespread panic or whatnot.

"So does that satisfy your curiosity my lords?"

"Yes. You have a strong divine presence. Different but wholly rooted in the light. You are no agent of Chaos and I will be sure all know this."

THe Emperor takes this opertunity to step in. "So, about marienburg?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:He blinks for a moment but seems to take in stride well enough.  So he then says that he's not the best but after a moment he then says he knows one better for that sort of thing.  Avatar Kong, an Earthbender from about 600 years before Roku.

"Don't suppose you could ask him to show up, or at least help me meditate in the right direction?"

"Well that's certainly different.  This world is terribly out of balance and as the Avatar it is your duty bring balance in any way you can.  Just standing here and I can FEEL the corruption that constantly bombards this world.  This world may not be ours but it certainly needs us."

"That was the general idea. I intend to start with helping one of the vanguard nations fortify,

Well the work was done with little trouble it's that evening as you lay sleeping in your quarters.  You begin having one of those dreams, while your dream logic is perfectly happy where he something is screaming you at the edge of your conscious to wake up NOW!  And it's good you did because you just barely manage to twist away from the dagger plunging for your throat.  It DID nick you though and you're feeling BAD...and GOOD....through your sleep and poison addled vision you manage to see that a woman, (you think she's a servant you saw before) covered in foul tattoos all over her (and you can see them because she was naked) body.  A frustrated look is on her face and she says in a disturbingly alluring voice, "Ahh but you weren't supposed to wake up."  Cue sexy pout.  "Ah well this makes it more fun."  She licks your blood off her knife then leaps into the attack.  She's VERY fast and you're not at you a-game...bending might not be wise either, you'd rather not wreck your employer's/host's home if your can help it.

I might have been poisoned by a case of the hornies but ... well, _she's_ the one who is stuck in an enclosed space here.

Normally, given the situation I'd be tempted to experiment with ripping Chaos taint away via Spirit Bending, but I'm in no position to do anything fancy here.

I also don't much care about the furniture at this point, though fast and dirty earth and firebending aren't a good idea at all if I don't want to wreck everything around me. So rather than use those I backpedal, inhale and gather up as much air around me as I can on a short notice, then KIAI the hell out it, sending out an impromptu hammer of high-pressure air in her general direction. Best case, she gets slammed into a wall had enough to knock her for a loop.

If that works I'll follow through by slugging her with the contents of the room's water jug, maybe make some ice manacles, and use the breather to waterbend the poison away.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:10 am

Psyckosama wrote:Good luck. He has command.

But of course.

I heal him enough to interrogate.

It only takes a few moments (Greenskin physiology and all that), he shakes his head and stares at you in barely controlled rage. "WAAAGH! HUMIE YOU'Z KILLED MY BOYZ! I'Z GONNA TURN YA'Z GUTZ INTA STRAPS FER ME BOOTZ!" He makes to fight.


Avatar Boru

"Right. Sure."

Mutter mutter mutter.

"Go ahead. Not like I have anything else to do..."

"Hey, no point in being negative. In this world that's the LAST thing you want to do...things start making offers that you REALLY don't want to make."

Okay.

It helping at all?

"Yes. You have a strong divine presence. Different but wholly rooted in the light. You are no agent of Chaos and I will be sure all know this."

"Thank you. Your approval gives me great ease."

THe Emperor takes this opertunity to step in. "So, about marienburg?"

"Ah yes. Well from what I understand about Marianburg's independence is that it depends on three things. First is its incredible wealth, second is the powerful fleet, and third is the swamps and marshes that surround the city making an attack from the South impossible. My offer my lords, your Imperial highness, is to completely negate their third advantage...and maybe the second if the need arises. I'm not sure how powerful you think I am, but let me put it this way. Take your largest estimate of my strength and multiply that by 10 and you might have a close idea. I offer to raise a massive causeway through the swamp from the border of the empire all the way to Marienburg's walls, 1 mile wide. Once we get there I then will freeze all of the water withing the city walls to the bottom, preventing their fleet from being able to act. If need be I can even sink the walls into the earth itself.

That is my offer and I will leave the forces needed to hold the city to you my lords, does this suit you?"


Rieverre wrote:"Don't suppose you could ask him to show up, or at least help me meditate in the right direction?"

He nods and soon a short, squat bearded fellow (seriously if not for the green clothing and the lack of axes you'd swear the guy was a chinese dwarf) replaces the tall stately Roku. He looks you over for a moment then snorts. "So waddaya want kid?"

"That was the general idea. I intend to start with helping one of the vanguard nations fortify,

A wise choice.

I might have been poisoned by a case of the hornies but ... well, _she's_ the one who is stuck in an enclosed space here.

Normally, given the situation I'd be tempted to experiment with ripping Chaos taint away via Spirit Bending, but I'm in no position to do anything fancy here.

I also don't much care about the furniture at this point, though fast and dirty earth and firebending aren't a good idea at all if I don't want to wreck everything around me. So rather than use those I backpedal, inhale and gather up as much air around me as I can on a short notice, then KIAI the hell out it, sending out an impromptu hammer of high-pressure air in her general direction. Best case, she gets slammed into a wall had enough to knock her for a loop.

If that works I'll follow through by slugging her with the contents of the room's water jug, maybe make some ice manacles, and use the breather to waterbend the poison away.

She barely has a moment to dodge before she's blasted through your door. The ice manacles come a moment later but she manages to dodge the water and come back into the attack. You're able to play keep away with your water bending but that poison seems to be making things....tense downstairs and damn if she isn't ho- FOCUS!
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:17 am

Brian Boru wrote:It only takes a few moments (Greenskin physiology and all that), he shakes his head and stares at you in barely controlled rage.  "WAAAGH! HUMIE YOU'Z KILLED MY BOYZ!  I'Z GONNA TURN YA'Z GUTZ INTA STRAPS FER ME BOOTZ!"  He makes to fight.

I sigh and encase him in rock. "Again. Tell me what I fucking want to know and you die like an Orc."

I go avatar state for effect. "FUCK WITH ME AND I'LL TURN YOU INTO A PATHETIC LITTLE SNOT!"

Avatar Boru

Mutter mutter mutter.

He's clearly better at sarcasm than you are. Smile

"Hey, no point in being negative.  In this world that's the LAST thing you want to do...things start making offers that you REALLY don't want to make."

"I know. I've gotten a few. You know, it looks like I can still spiritbend even if I'm 'dead'."

It helping at all?

She's cranky as shit and very bitter.

"Thank you.  Your approval gives me great ease."

Seems you're now Sigmar Approved.

"Ah yes.  Well from what I understand about Marianburg's independence is that it depends on three things. First is its incredible wealth, second is the powerful fleet, and third is the swamps and marshes that surround the city making an attack from the South impossible.  My offer my lords, your Imperial highness, is to completely negate their third advantage...and maybe the second if the need arises.  I'm not sure how powerful you think I am, but let me put it this way.  Take your largest estimate of my strength and multiply that by 10 and you might have a close idea.

"That is a tall claim."

I offer to raise a massive causeway through the swamp from the border of the empire all the way to Marienburg's walls, 1 mile wide.  Once we get there I then will freeze all of the water withing the city walls to the bottom, preventing their fleet from being able to act.  If need be I can even sink the walls into the earth itself.

That is my offer and I will leave the forces needed to hold the city to you my lords, does this suit you?"

"A terrifying offer. If you are capable of such a deed, what do you want in return?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:I sigh and encase him in rock. "Again. Tell me what I fucking want to know and you die like an Orc."

I go avatar state for effect. "FUCK WITH ME AND I'LL TURN YOU INTO A PATHETIC LITTLE SNOT!"

He shatters like a porcelain vase and you get to experience a very contrite orc. "Dey're in me frone room. I'z keeps dem in cages by me'z big chair. A She stunty and four or five udders wid her."


Avatar Boru

He's clearly better at sarcasm than you are. Smile

Apparently.

"I know. I've gotten a few. You know, it looks like I can still spiritbend even if I'm 'dead'."

"...well that's a load off my chest. Just remember 'just say no' if any more show up and all that."

She's cranky as shit and very bitter.

Well I'll help any way I can young lady like herself didn't deserve that she barely got to really live.

Seems you're now Sigmar Approved.

Well that's good. Probably need to visit Taal and Rhya eventually.

"That is a tall claim."

"I am the avatar the answer is almost always yes I can do it, no offense meant my lords."

"A terrifying offer. If you are capable of such a deed, what do you want in return?"

"Free Reign in the borderlands and unofficial approval of cleaning up that mess, even if that includes a new Principality to your south. This world is an unbalanced one and the primary duty of the Avatar is bring balance. For that I need a base of operation and a support system I can do a great deal but I can't do so by my lonesome. The Borderlands need to be cleaned up and no one would weep if the little princelings and warlords that call that mess home are brought under heel by someone. Two birds, one stone. It even adds a buffer zone between the empire and the badlands.

Any second or lower on the line sons that can fight and lead would also be appreciated."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:38 am

Brian Boru wrote:He shatters like a porcelain vase and you get to experience a very contrite orc. "Dey're in me frone room.  I'z keeps dem in cages by me'z big chair.  A She stunty and four or five udders wid her."

"Alright. Either I'm going to let Kazador fight and kill you, or I'll do it myself. Not going to be a fair fight I'll admit but... but you're going to die with a weapon in your hand. You'll be able to go to Gork and Mork saying you went out with your weapon swinging."

Maybe Kazador's Slayer son would like to handle it.

I'll send message to the slayers. If he's alive and amongst the army... yeah.

But until then I seal him up so he can't go anywhere.

Beyond that. We start the rush on the palace. I intend to hit the Throne room Hard and FAST to save the family. After that, we murder the shit out of every orc between me and the other force.

Lets clear these tunnels and link up!

Avatar Boru

"...well that's a load off my chest.  Just remember 'just say no' if any more show up and all that."

She gives you a dirty look.

Well I'll help any way I can young lady like herself didn't deserve that she barely got to really live.

She'd agree.

Well that's good.  Probably need to visit Taal and Rhya eventually.

Probably. And you still have yet to talk to Sigmar.

"I am the avatar the answer is almost always yes I can do it, no offense meant my lords."

He still looks skeptical.


"Free Reign in the borderlands and unofficial approval of cleaning up that mess, even if that includes a new Principality to your south.  This world is an unbalanced one and the primary duty of the Avatar is bring balance.  For that I need a base of operation and a support system I can do a great deal but I can't do so by my lonesome.  The Borderlands need to be cleaned up and no one would weep if the little princelings and warlords that call that mess home are brought under heel by someone.  Two birds, one stone. It even adds a buffer zone between the empire and the badlands.

"I would have agreed to that anyways. The Borderlands are nothing but a nest of scum and banditry. Any degree of order would be better than what we have."

Any second or lower on the line sons that can fight and lead would also be appreciated."

"I'll spread the word."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:14 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Alright. Either I'm going to let Kazador fight and kill you, or I'll do it myself. Not going to be a fair fight I'll admit but... but you're going to die with a weapon in your hand. You'll be able to go to Gork and Mork saying you went out with your weapon swinging."

"Dat's good." Still the most contrite and well heeled orc ever.

Maybe Kazador's Slayer son would like to handle it.

I'll send message to the slayers. If he's alive and amongst the army... yeah.

It's sent but we'll see.

But until then I seal him up so he can't go anywhere.

Right. Safely stored away for later.

Beyond that. We start the rush on the palace. I intend to hit the Throne room Hard and FAST to save the family. After that, we murder the shit out of every orc between me and the other force.

Lets clear these tunnels and link up!

What follows is an outright ORGY of death and violence. Despite the loss of the Warboss and many of the elites, there are still a shit-ton of greenskins in that mountains and hundreds of slayers find their doom clearing out the place. Eventually though you DO find the Throne room and sitting in dirty cages is an older Dwarf lady sitting with several younger male dwarves at least two of them resemble her closely enough to be her sons. Before you manage to open the cages a younger slayer bursts through the crowd and all but rips the doors off their hinges. A cry of mother and an embrace immediately follow.


Avatar Boru

She gives you a dirty look.

"I really need to stop with the humor...no one ever laughs."

She'd agree.

Well I'll just do what I can be let her vent on me and at least allow her some audio and visual input.

Probably. And you still have yet to talk to Sigmar.

Right a visit to Altdorf when the Army is prepped to march on Marienburg might be in order.

He still looks skeptical.

He'll see.

"I would have agreed to that anyways. The Borderlands are nothing but a nest of scum and banditry. Any degree of order would be better than what we have."

"Well that is my price and if you're glad to pay it then we're all good and we have a deal?" However he answers I'll figure out if and when the army marches and I'll make sure to head down to Altdorf to rendezvous with them.

"I'll spread the word."

"Thank-you my lords. Unless there is any other business?"

Once we're done I make sure to check in on Alina and see how she is doing.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:31 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Dat's good."  Still the most contrite and well heeled orc ever.

Good. He knows how it works.

It's sent but we'll see.

Right.

Right.  Safely stored away for later.

Yep.

What follows is an outright ORGY of death and violence.

As expected.

Despite the loss of the Warboss and many of the elites, there are still a shit-ton of greenskins in that mountains and hundreds of slayers find their doom clearing out the place.

Good for them. There's no greater death for a slayer than to die freeing a Dwarfish hall. We'll have to record their names that their dooms will be remembered.

Eventually though you DO find the Throne room and sitting in dirty cages is an older Dwarf lady sitting with several younger male dwarves at least two of them resemble her closely enough to be her sons.  Before you manage to open the cages a younger slayer bursts through the crowd and all but rips the doors off their hinges.  A cry of mother and an embrace immediately follow.

I smile and watch. Then step forward. "Greetings. I'm am Avatar Sama."

I give full exclimation and introduction.

Then I start to hunt down a crown. We have a king to make.

*Avatar Boru*

"I really need to stop with the humor...no one ever laughs."

"No, you need to start with the funny."

Well I'll just do what I can be let her vent on me and at least allow her some audio and visual input.

And she vents. A lot.

Right a visit to Altdorf when the Army is prepped to march on Marienburg might be in order.

There are temples here....

"Well that is my price and if you're glad to pay it then we're all good and we have a deal?"  However he answers I'll figure out if and when the army marches and I'll make sure to head down to Altdorf to rendezvous with them.

He raises an eyebrow. You're basically asking for nothing.

"Thank-you my lords.  Unless there is any other business?"

"Not at the moment. I'll send for my soldiers. I think I'd like to take part in this battle. And I am sure the graf will as well."

Once we're done I make sure to check in on Alina and see how she is doing.

She's perfectly fine... though she does jump you. She needs petting.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:He nods and soon a short, squat bearded fellow (seriously if not for the green clothing and the lack of axes you'd swear the guy was a chinese dwarf) replaces the tall stately Roku.  He looks you over for a moment then snorts. "So waddaya want kid?"

"Well, I have here a country on the verge of being invaded by armies of what are essentially mad gods and I'm looking to make that as difficult for them as I can. I was told you've got the experience to give me advice relevant to the matter," I say and relate the particular issues to him.

She barely has a moment to dodge before she's blasted through your door.  The ice manacles come a moment later but she manages to dodge the water and come back into the attack.  You're able to play keep away with your water bending but that poison seems to be making things....tense downstairs and damn if she isn't ho- FOCUS!

Dammit, okay, let's just go with what worked. Airbending avoidance and detachment katas and using Air to keep slamming her into walls, ceilings and floors until she's not getting up. Given that they're philosophically based on detachment, evasion and control they might also help with the rest of my predicament for a _little_ bit. Long enough to either knock her out or break enough bones in her body as makes no nevermind. When that's managed I do my best to Waterbend the poison out/away.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:30 am

Psyckosama wrote:Good. He knows how it works.

Got the bugger tamed.

Good for them. There's no greater death for a slayer than to die freeing a Dwarfish hall. We'll have to record their names that their dooms will be remembered.

Stands to reason.

I smile and watch. Then step forward. "Greetings. I'm am Avatar Sama."

I give full exclimation and introduction.

Then I start to hunt down a crown. We have a king to make.

The woman boys and thanks you from the bottom of her heart and she promises to make sure that you're rewarded for what you've done.

As for a crown...roll a d10.


*Avatar Boru*

"No, you need to start with the funny."

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you." I mutter dryly.

And she vents. A lot.

And I sit and listen. She needs this and maybe we can get through the other stages of grief THEN we can get somewhere.

There are temples here....

...good point... Might as well try my luck at the temple of Sigmar and see what I can do.

Same as with the other temples.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
27

He raises an eyebrow. You're basically asking for nothing.

"If the place is finally made into a proper principality....well there IS a spare Runefang no one's using in the Altdorf vaults is there not? Might look good strapped to my descendants' belts. I don't want it myself, as the avatar I've got other responsibilities elsewhere, but the Avatar is not a blood-inherited title and I do need to think on the future no? The place WAS a province once, who's to say it can't be again?"

"Not at the moment. I'll send for my soldiers. I think I'd like to take part in this battle. And I am sure the graf will as well."

"Well there IS something else I might offer." I explain to the three of them the ability of Spirit bending and what I did to Heinrich. If they think anyone relatively young and worthy I could try it again. I DO need to have at least one bender of each type to secure the future.

She's perfectly fine... though she does jump you. She needs petting.

Heh, heh...Giggity. Anything interesting happen while I gone?


Rieverre wrote:"Well, I have here a country on the verge of being invaded by armies of what are essentially mad gods and I'm looking to make that as difficult for them as I can. I was told you've got the experience to give me advice relevant to the matter," I say and relate the particular issues to him.

He snorts and unsure HOW he did it a plan that has a striking resemblances to the Maginot Line is presented. Seems the guy had a hobby of making incredible defensive works. He asks questions about the terrain, numbers of attackers and their capabilities. Once you tell him he begins adjusting the plans until making a defensive system that looks so formidable that if you found the men for them you think could laugh off a Black Crusade.

Dammit, okay, let's just go with what worked. Airbending avoidance and detachment katas and using Air to keep slamming her into walls, ceilings and floors until she's not getting up. Given that they're philosophically based on detachment, evasion and control they might also help with the rest of my predicament for a _little_ bit. Long enough to either knock her out or break enough bones in her body as makes no nevermind. When that's managed I do my best to Waterbend the poison out/away.

You repeatedly blast her into walls, ceilings, and floors, she keeps coming though...and she seems to enjoy it if the moans, propositions and...smell are any indicators. However the racket finally gets the rest of the house's attention. A dozen men pile in and the woman's quickly apprehended, luckily with no one else cut or stabbed.... but boy is your head spinning now's your chance to deal with that.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:Got the bugger tamed.

Orc nature. You listen to the guy who's bigger than you.

The woman boys and thanks you from the bottom of her heart and she promises to make sure that you're rewarded for what you've done.

"Thank you. It was my pleasure. I wish I could say I was not motivated by the reward your husband offered, but even if there was not one I still would have done this. Because it is what is right. Now please come here..." I pull out my water skin. "I need to look over you all with my powers and see to your health. Even dwarf endurance would be tried by such a time in such conditions."

As for a crown...roll a d10.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
1

*Avatar Boru*

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you."  I mutter dryly.

"And seems to be beyond you."

And I sit and listen.  She needs this and maybe we can get through the other stages of grief THEN we can get somewhere.

It'll be a while

...good point...  Might as well try my luck at the temple of Sigmar and see what I can do.

Same as with the other temples.

You find yourself out of body standing in a hall... and on the other side of the room there's a simple throne and...

Hey look, its Conan!

"Hello, Avatar."

"If the place is finally made into a proper principality....well there IS a spare Runefang no one's using in the Altdorf vaults is there not?  Might look good strapped to my descendants' belts.  I don't want it myself, as the avatar I've got other responsibilities elsewhere, but the Avatar is not a blood-inherited title and I do need to think on the future no?  The place WAS a province once, who's to say it can't be again?"

Now he's grinning. "That... that would be quite the feather in both our caps now wouldn't it be? If you can conquer the borderlands, the sword is yours."

"Well there IS something else I might offer."  I explain to the three of them the ability of Spirit bending and what I did to Heinrich.  If they think anyone relatively young and worthy I could try it again.  I DO need to have at least one bender of each type to secure the future.

"I can imagine I can find some such men without much difficulty. Men of good breeding and character."

Roll a d10

Heh, heh...Giggity.  Anything interesting happen while I gone?

Just politics.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:Orc nature. You listen to the guy who's bigger than you.

Metaphorically in this case but it still stands.

"Thank you. It was my pleasure. I wish I could say I was not motivated by the reward your husband offered, but even if there was not one I still would have done this. Because it is what is right. Now please come here..." I pull out my water skin. "I need to look over you all with my powers and see to your health. Even dwarf endurance would be tried by such a time in such conditions."

A pained look on her face is visible for a moment, then a smile, "Yes Kazador must miss us so..."

She seems confused at what you're planning on doing but she trusts you for the moment. She's still skinny as hell but she's much healthier looking now. She bows in thanks. The others, her twin sons (an absurdly rare occurrence) and two of her husband's nephews, follow after her.

1

You find the thing. A bit dirty but still in mint condition otherwise. A helm crown common to most holds. It was found among the remains of the last king of the Black Crag. Snorri carefully takes the helm from his ancestor then lays his bones out with incredible care and reference to prepare for burial.

Another Dwarf, an old long-beard, takes the crown and places it upon his head. "HAIL SNORRI IRONBOOT! KING OF KARAK DRAZH! HAIL!"


"HAIL!" Comes the response from thousands of voices. Snorri turns back to you and bows, "Thank-you. You have done what my kin never thought possible. You have my thanks and that of all my kin and descendants. We will repay it."

*Avatar Boru*

"And seems to be beyond you."

"And I thought I was rather good at it....and I'm stopping now."

It'll be a while

We've got time.

You find yourself out of body standing in a hall... and on the other side of the room there's a simple throne and...

Hey look, its Conan!

"Hello, Avatar."

My eyes widen in surprise. I quickly drop to one knee. "Lord Sigmar! An honor to meet your acquaintance. I hope I haven't intruded."

Once the greetings are over I guess I ask how much he knows about me. Did Morr and Ulrich share notes with him?

Now he's grinning. "That... that would be quite the feather in both our caps now wouldn't it be? If you can conquer the borderlands, the sword is yours."

I grin in return. "Just have the thing dust free when I have Lichenstein all cleaned up and ready to go."

"I can imagine I can find some such men without much difficulty. Men of good breeding and character."

Roll a d10

"I'll need to look them over first but I'll trust your judgement on candidates."

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
4

Just politics.

Well that's good. Once I can get away I do bring Korra out again to let her see the city...or as much as I can show her around. I imagine Middenheim might fit her personality better than Republic city did.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:Metaphorically in this case but it still stands.

Aye.

A pained look on her face is visible for a moment, then a smile, "Yes Kazador must miss us so..."

"He was driven almost mad with grief. I'm happy for your family that this madness is soon over..." I get a wistful look. "I'll escort you home myself."

She seems confused at what you're planning on doing but she trusts you for the moment.  She's still skinny as hell but she's much healthier looking now.  She bows in thanks.  The others, her twin sons (an absurdly rare occurrence) and two of her husband's nephews, follow after her.

"Very good. Now you have some color to you. So lets get you something proper in your bellies, proper bathes, clean clothes, and a good bed to rest on. After all you've been through its the least I could do."

You find the thing.  A bit dirty but still in mint condition otherwise.  A helm crown common to most holds.  It was found among the remains of the last king of the Black Crag.  Snorri carefully takes the helm from his ancestor then lays his bones out with incredible care and reference to prepare for burial.

Another Dwarf, an old long-beard, takes the crown and places it upon his head.  "HAIL SNORRI IRONBOOT!  KING OF KARAK DRAZH!  HAIL!"

I fight back a pout. I was hoping to do that.

Anyways. I enter the Avatar state and undo as much of the damage to the hall as possible as a gift.

"HAIL!" Comes the response from thousands of voices.  Snorri turns back to you and bows, "Thank-you.  You have done what my kin never thought possible.  You have my thanks and that of all my kin and descendants.  We will repay it."

I smile. "You have my thanks. And all that I ask is that your people support me and my successors in our fulfillment of our duty. Ten thousand years ago, the first of my line, Avatar Wan swore and oath that he would preserve the balance of the world and serve as a bridge between mortals and spirits. But its not a mission the Avatar can complete alone. I am still but one man. To do so I need brave friends and stalwart allies who will act honorably and with justice in their hearts for the good of the world."

*Avatar Boru*

"And I thought I was rather good at it....and I'm stopping now."
*deadpan* "Yeah..."

My eyes widen in surprise.  I quickly drop to one knee. "Lord Sigmar!  An honor to meet your acquaintance.  I hope I haven't intruded."

"Oh stand up..."

Once the greetings are over I guess I ask how much he knows about me.  Did Morr and Ulrich share notes with him?

Yes. And he seems to be treating you with actual respect.

I grin in return.  "Just have the thing dust free when I have Lichenstein all cleaned up and ready to go."

He laughs.


"I'll need to look them over first but I'll trust your judgement on candidates."

It'll take some time for him to assemble them but he has a good feeling...


Well that's good.  Once I can get away I do bring Korra out again to let her see the city...or as much as I can show her around.  I imagine Middenheim might fit her personality better than Republic city did.

She thinks its a squalid hole.[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:19 am

Psyckosama wrote:"He was driven almost mad with grief. I'm happy for your family that this madness is soon over..." I get a wistful look. "I'll escort you home myself."

"Home...such a simple but wonderful sounding word."

"Very good. Now you have some color to you. So lets get you something proper in your bellies, proper bathes, clean clothes, and a good bed to rest on. After all you've been through its the least I could do."

Supplies are brought up and the prisoners eat enough for thrice their numbers.

I fight back a pout. I was hoping to do that.

He's the oldest descendant of a Karak Drazh clan.

Anyways. I enter the Avatar state and undo as much of the damage to the hall as possible as a gift.

You do a masterful job....though you hear a chorus of corrections from just about every single dwarf in the room....you're going to need to get used to that.

I smile. "You have my thanks. And all that I ask is that your people support me and my successors in our fulfillment of our duty. Ten thousand years ago, the first of my line, Avatar Wan swore and oath that he would preserve the balance of the world and serve as a bridge between mortals and spirits. But its not a mission the Avatar can complete alone. I am still but one man. To do so I need brave friends and stalwart allies who will act honorably and with justice in their hearts for the good of the world."

"That we can and will do and will do so gladly. But for now...BRING OUT THE BEER AND THE FOOD! WE CELEBRATE!"

What follows is a massive booze and grub smorgasbord that you'll remember for a long while.

*Avatar Boru*

*deadpan* "Yeah..."

Moving on...

"Oh stand up..."

"As you wish."

Yes. And he seems to be treating you with actual respect.

"So then you know what is coming and what I hope to do. Including someday shutting the gates and cutting out the Four's influence permanently."

He laughs.

I chuckle with him See Korra? I can make someone laugh!

It'll take some time for him to assemble them but he has a good feeling...

"Would they be ready by the time of the march? It'd allow me to see them for myself as we head for Marienburg. Or will it be sooner?"

She thinks its a squalid hole.

Eargh....alright how about the Ulrican Temple? Anything that get her attention?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Home...such a simple but wonderful sounding word."

I sigh. "I know. I fear I may never see mine again, but helping you see yours..." I smile, "It somehow makes it worthwhile."

Supplies are brought up and the prisoners eat enough for thrice their numbers.

Eat your fill. You've earned it.

He's the oldest descendant of a Karak Drazh clan.

In that case, never mind.

You do a masterful job....though you hear a chorus of corrections from just about every single dwarf in the room....you're going to need to get used to that.

I roll my eyes. "The mason's can polish off that last 1%, alright? Spirits. Everyone's a critic..."

"That we can and will do and will do so gladly.  But for now...BRING OUT THE BEER AND THE FOOD!  WE CELEBRATE!"

What follows is a massive booze and grub smorgasbord that you'll remember for a long while.

I avoid getting loaded but I do enjoy the company and tell stories. I also at one point break out into an edit of the Song of the Lonely Mountain once I have a bit of beer in me...


Under the Mountain dark and tall
The King has come unto his hall!
His foes are dead, the Orcs of Dread,
And ever so his foes shall fall.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong;
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
The dwarves of yore made mightly spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.
On silver necklaces they strung
The light of stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon-fire, from twisted wire
The melody of harps they wrung.
The mountain throne once more is freed!
O! wandering folk, the summons heed!
Come haste! Come haste! across the waste!
The king of friend and kin has need.
Now call we over mountains cold,
'Come back unto the caverns old'!
Here at the Gates the king awaits,
His hands are rich with gems and gold.
The king is come unto his hall
Under the Mountain dark and tall.
The orcs of dread are slain and dead,
And ever so our foes shall fall!


*Avatar Boru*

Moving on...

Must suck getting pwned by a dead girl...

"As you wish."

"Seriously, I get enough of that from my worshipers."

"So then you know what is coming and what I hope to do.  Including someday shutting the gates and cutting out the Four's influence permanently."

"Look forward to it actually. Though closing the gates will block off magic."

I chuckle with him See Korra?  I can make someone laugh!

She steps into the open. Spirit in the Spirit World you guess. "I have a feeling he'd laugh at almost anything."

Sigmar laughs.

"See?"

"I like you girl. You have courage. It's a shame that you were betrayed. If I could render punishment, your uncles fate would be one never to be forgotten."

"Would they be ready by the time of the march?  It'd allow me to see them for myself as we head for Marienburg. Or will it be sooner?"

They'll probably arrive with the army.

Eargh....alright how about the Ulrican Temple?  Anything that get her attention?

She's impressed by the temple's spirital power, but the hole medieval European squalor thing doesn't suit her.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:57 am

Psyckosama wrote:I sigh. "I know. I fear I may never see mine again, but helping you see yours..." I smile, "It somehow makes it worthwhile."

Sweet moment

Eat your fill. You've earned it.

And they do.

In that case, never mind.

Heh

I roll my eyes. "The mason's can polish off that last 1%, alright? Spirits. Everyone's a critic..."

Dwarves and stonework...

I avoid getting loaded but I do enjoy the company and tell stories. I also at one point break out into an edit of the Song of the Lonely Mountain once I have a bit of beer in me...


Under the Mountain dark and tall
The King has come unto his hall!
His foes are dead, the Orcs of Dread,
And ever so his foes shall fall.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong;
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
The dwarves of yore made mightly spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.
On silver necklaces they strung
The light of stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon-fire, from twisted wire
The melody of harps they wrung.
The mountain throne once more is freed!
O! wandering folk, the summons heed!
Come haste! Come haste! across the waste!
The king of friend and kin has need.
Now call we over mountains cold,
'Come back unto the caverns old'!
Here at the Gates the king awaits,
His hands are rich with gems and gold.
The king is come unto his hall
Under the Mountain dark and tall.
The orcs of dread are slain and dead,
And ever so our foes shall fall!

While one or two flinch at the spell bit they admit there isn't much that'd rhyme there so they go on with it and once everyone has about 6 or so beers in them they're singing along with plenty of gusto...if not skill. Even the spell part.

How long do you intend to stay before bring the royals back to Kazador?


*Avatar Boru*

Must suck getting pwned by a dead girl...

Being dead doesn't mean she's lost her wit.

"Seriously, I get enough of that from my worshipers."

"Alright then. As one Man-God to another then I have to ask...what's with the order fetish most of your followers have?"

"Look forward to it actually. Though closing the gates will block off magic."

"Well portal making is a specialty of my order...maybe I could open one of my variety and ... I don't know ...stick a filter on it?"

She steps into the open. Spirit in the Spirit World you guess. "I have a feeling he'd laugh at almost anything."

"Well this is a bit of a surprise....not blue skin suits yah....along with the more opaque form."

Sigmar laughs.

"See?"

"He was a Ulrican in life it comes with the territory, they're usually loud, boisterous bruisers...how his cult became so anal retentive I'll never know."

"I like you girl. You have courage. It's a shame that you were betrayed. If I could render punishment, your uncles fate would be one never to be forgotten."

"Trust me I'd be there with ya, tongs, hammers, and hot coals all set."

They'll probably arrive with the army.

That works.

She's impressed by the temple's spirital power, but the hole medieval European squalor thing doesn't suit her.

"Well if bending becomes more of a thing I imagine higyne'd become much much easier."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:21 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Sweet moment

^_^

And they do.

I speak to them a lot and encourage others to do so. They need friendly contact.

Dwarves and stonework...

I'm the bloody avatar! a hundred lifetimes of earthbending damn it!

While one or two flinch at the spell bit they admit there isn't much that'd rhyme there so they go on with it and once everyone has about 6 or so beers in them they're singing along with plenty of gusto...if not skill.  Even the spell part.

It spells and they were talking about their equivalent of rune magic...

How long do you intend to stay before bring the royals back to Kazador?

Enough to rest up. I'm sure the slayers are going to be remaining behind to help clear the place out, and those who are excess I suggest heading to Karak Azgal to help clear it out as well.

I also suggest that Kazador's son come with me and my team. His doom will come when it comes. I doubt the Ancestor Gods would fault him for spending some time with his family. Plus there's an orc that needs to be put in a hole... I swore to the green bastard that I'd let him die like a warrior if he told where his mother and kin were. I wanted to make sure they were saved before the orcs could harm them.

I'm also sure King Snori would like to send an envoy to Kazador.

*Avatar Boru*

Being dead doesn't mean she's lost her wit.

And being alive doesn't mean you have one...

"Alright then.  As one Man-God to another then I have to ask...what's with the order fetish most of your followers have?"

"No idea."

"Well portal making is a specialty of my order...maybe I could open one of my variety and ... I don't know ...stick a filter on it?"

"We'll see. Magic would be a small price to pay to be honest."

"Well this is a bit of a surprise....not blue skin suits yah....along with the more opaque form."

"Are you hitting on me?"

"He was a Ulrican in life it comes with the territory, they're usually loud, boisterous bruisers...how his cult became so anal retentive I'll never know."

"Nether do I."

"Trust me I'd be there with ya, tongs, hammers, and hot coals all set."

She grimaces.

"Well if bending becomes more of a thing I imagine higyne'd become much much easier."

"Even the Earth Kingdom wasn't this bad..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:He snorts and unsure HOW he did it a plan that has a striking resemblances to the Maginot Line is presented.  Seems the guy had a hobby of making incredible defensive works.  He asks questions about the terrain, numbers of attackers and their capabilities.  Once you tell him he begins adjusting the plans until making a defensive system that looks so formidable that if you found the men for them you think could laugh off a Black Crusade.

Shiny. I thank him for the help, then probably spend the rest of what conversation time we have shooting the shit about siegeworks and amusing applications of Earthbending. He used to run military campaigns, right? He should be familiar with what bored soldiers can get up to. Sometimes those things end up actually being practical and inventive.

You repeatedly blast her into walls, ceilings, and floors, she keeps coming though...and she seems to enjoy it if the moans, propositions and...smell are any indicators.  However the racket finally gets the rest of the house's attention.  A dozen men pile in and the woman's quickly apprehended, luckily with no one else cut or stabbed.... but boy is your head spinning now's your chance to deal with that.

Yeah. I drop to my knees, deliberately slowing my breathing and attempting to slow my pulse rate to stave off further spread of the drug, then gather up water into what is essentially a giant blob around me and work on purging my body of any and all toxins and external influences.

... then, on the off chance that the compound was more than just physical, I also check my chi flows and general energy situation. Anything wrong with that, I can try to adjust or mitigate with spirit bending.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:I speak to them a lot and encourage others to do so. They need friendly contact.

Once they get into the beer they start perking up at an astounding rate.

I'm the bloody avatar! a hundred lifetimes of earthbending damn it!

Nothing THAT fine detailed.

It spells and they were talking about their equivalent of rune magic…

Point.

Enough to rest up. I'm sure the slayers are going to be remaining behind to help clear the place out, and those who are excess I suggest heading to Karak Azgal to help clear it out as well.

That’d take about several days. As for Karak Azgal...well you can try and there’s already a fair sized attempt already there...

I also suggest that Kazador's son come with me and my team. His doom will come when it comes. I doubt the Ancestor Gods would fault him for spending some time with his family. Plus there's an orc that needs to be put in a hole... I swore to the green bastard that I'd let him die like a warrior if he told where his mother and kin were. I wanted to make sure they were saved before the orcs could harm them.

Technically speaking a slayer’s supposed to give up their kin and home when they take up the slayer oath...but considering the situation...MAYBE an exception....

I'm also sure King Snori would like to send an envoy to Kazador.

Oh to be sure, need to be make connections and all that with the other rulers. When you head out a few days later you march in style.

*Avatar Boru*

And being alive doesn't mean you have one...

Charming.

"No idea."

“If you can calm ‘em down it’d make things better for everyone.”

"We'll see. Magic would be a small price to pay to be honest."

“True. Though the elves and Rune smiths might have some complaints” I quip.

"Are you hitting on me?"

“No...no I’m not. For one thing I’ve got a girl. For another you don’t need that sort of trouble. I was just trying to be nice. No need to be snappy.”

"Nether do I."

Hmph.

She grimaces.

“That mad bastard, no offense to your grandmother, deserves anything that comes to him.”

"Even the Earth Kingdom wasn't this bad..."

“Well if they didn’t have to deal with the forces of the Dark Gods, and the Green Skins, and the Skaven, Vampires, Undead, Tomb Kings, and I’m sure I’m missing a swarm of other existential threats, they’d have time to think about things besides fighting for their lives.”


Rieverre wrote:Shiny. I thank him for the help, then probably spend the rest of what conversation time we have shooting the shit about siegeworks and amusing applications of Earthbending. He used to run military campaigns, right? He should be familiar with what bored soldiers can get up to. Sometimes those things end up actually being practical and inventive.

He was one of your predecessors that was born during a massive upheaval in the Earth Kingdom….and didn’t learn he was an avatar until he was 40. So yes he was a fighter for years. And from the sound of it these bastards come down like waves. Best bet is not to have an unbroken defense, it’d never hold. Better to have funnels to direct them into killing grounds.

Yeah. I drop to my knees, deliberately slowing my breathing and attempting to slow my pulse rate to stave off further spread of the drug, then gather up water into what is essentially a giant blob around me and work on purging my body of any and all toxins and external influences.

It takes a few minutes but you manage to clear out the poison. You feel a million times better afterwards.

... then, on the off chance that the compound was more than just physical, I also check my chi flows and general energy situation. Anything wrong with that, I can try to adjust or mitigate with spirit bending.

Interestingly enough your metaphysicals seem fine. Something was no-selling that poison in that aspect. What you were feeling was just the mundane (if still incredibly potent) aspects of her blades.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:44 am

Brian Boru wrote:He was one of your predecessors that was born during a massive upheaval in the Earth Kingdom….and didn’t learn he was an avatar until he was 40.  So yes he was a fighter for years.  And from the sound of it these bastards come down like waves.  Best bet is not to have an unbroken defense, it’d never hold.  Better to have funnels to direct them into killing grounds.

I was contemplating a defense-in-depth kind of approach really. The castles/forts are already sitting in places near the best travel routes and so I thought I'd give them all some additional pit traps, rough terrain, spike-filled trenches ... that sort of thing.

It takes a few minutes but you manage to clear out the poison.  You feel a million times better afterwards.

And if the aftereffects persist for more than four hours I'll make sure to contact my doctor.

Interestingly enough your metaphysicals seem fine.  Something was no-selling that poison in that aspect.  What you were feeling was just the mundane (if still incredibly potent) aspects of her blades.

That's one less worry then. I'll sink the cultist's hands and feet into the stone and then give the guards who'd dogpiled her a similar once-over, just to make sure she didn't scratch, spit or bleed any corruption on them.

After that though ...

"You know, I'm almost curious to see what I'll find," I say, more to myself than anyone else, and take a good look at what the cultist appears like to whatever spiritual sense I have. Let's see if I can't burn out whatever chaos infection there's been with spirit or energybending.

... I mean, after all, this is a lot better than trying it on someone I'd actually mind dying.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:Once they get into the beer they start perking up at an astounding rate.

Dwarfs...

Nothing THAT fine detailed.

That's horse shit and you know it....

Point.

Yep.

That’d take about several days.  As for Karak Azgal...well you can try and there’s already a fair sized attempt already there...

Me? I'm suggesting if they're all already here, they can hit it up and do some good... and clearing something the size of a hold I see taking weeks to months even with this large a force. Basically I punched in the door and broke the enemy's back. At this point its all mop up.

Technically speaking a slayer’s supposed to give up their kin and home when they take up the slayer oath...but considering the situation...MAYBE an exception....

Considering this is why he took the oath, as long as he returns to the field and dies gloriously, I doubt anyone mortal or god would deny him this.

Oh to be sure, need to be make connections and all that with the other rulers.  When you head out a few days later you march in style.

Then we go. And considering we murdered the main local problem do I REALLY have to roll?

And we bring the Orc.

*Avatar Boru*

Charming.

You been burned.

“If you can calm ‘em down it’d make things better for everyone.”

"IF it was only that easy. Been telling them to calm down for the better part of 2000 years. Seen where that's gotten me?"

“True.  Though the elves and Rune smiths might have some complaints”  I quip.

"I'll morn the loss of the runes... but fuck the elves."

“No...no I’m not.  For one thing I’ve got a girl.  For another you don’t need that sort of trouble.  I was just trying to be nice.  No need to be snappy.”

She gives you a look.

"Nether do I."

Hmph.

“That mad bastard, no offense to your grandmother, deserves anything that comes to him.”

"Yes. he does."

“Well if they didn’t have to deal with the forces of the Dark Gods, and the Green Skins, and the Skaven, Vampires, Undead, Tomb Kings, and I’m sure I’m missing a swarm of other existential threats, they’d have time to think about things besides fighting for their lives.”

"I can smell the stench from here. And I'm dead. Would regular bathing and proper sewers be too much to ask?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:58 am

Rieverre wrote:I was contemplating a defense-in-depth kind of approach really. The castles/forts are already sitting in places near the best travel routes and so I thought I'd give them all some additional pit traps, rough terrain, spike-filled trenches ... that sort of thing.

That works as well if you have the numbers for it.

And if the aftereffects persist for more than four hours I'll make sure to contact my doctor.

They don't.

That's one less worry then. I'll sink the cultist's hands and feet into the stone and then give the guards who'd dogpiled her a similar once-over, just to make sure she didn't scratch, spit or bleed any corruption on them.

None thankfully. They seemed to figure out what that blade was for and got it away from her quick enough.

After that though ...

"You know, I'm almost curious to see what I'll find," I say, more to myself than anyone else, and take a good look at what the cultist appears like to whatever spiritual sense I have. Let's see if I can't burn out whatever chaos infection there's been with spirit or energybending.

... I mean, after all, this is a lot better than trying it on someone I'd actually mind dying.

What you find is a sickeningly sweet and cloying feel, like perfume gone bad somehow. If you try to excise the effects of chaos on the woman...roll a d10.



Psyckosama wrote:Dwarfs...

Indeed.

That's horse shit and you know it....

Alright then do you personally have the feel for stone? No? Then they'll point it out and you fix it.

Me? I'm suggesting if they're all already here, they can hit it up and do some good... and clearing something the size of a hold I see taking weeks to months even with this large a force. Basically I punched in the door and broke the enemy's back. At this point its all mop up.

Ah...well some of the slayers might stay here. Some are distant descendants of residents here. The rest. Still a mighty throng of slayers...with nothing to do...take up on the idea and you see a sea of red leaving as you are.

Considering this is why he took the oath, as long as he returns to the field and dies gloriously, I doubt anyone mortal or god would deny him this.

True though he can't stay and his little brother will become king in his time Gods willing.

Then we go. And considering we murdered the main local problem do I REALLY have to roll?

And we bring the Orc.

No not really. The march is calm and soothing. Exactly what the recovering Queen, her sons and her nephews needed after their long time in captivity. When they arrive at their home tears well up in all of their eyes. It only take a little bit of time and Kazador nearly breaks down a gate and sends dwarves flying as he bulls his way through his thronging people. When he sees his wife and sons he took for dead he stares for what feels an eternity just taking in what he sees. Then a massive hard hand reaches out and with incredible gentleness touches his wife's cheek. Then arms that could snap a troll's spine envelope her in a fierce yet gentle embrace. And you can see the broad torso heave in muffled sobs.

Then he turns to you. "Are you he who made this possible?"

If you answer yes then he embraces you in a bear hug so strong you feel your ribs and the bones of your arms creak.

"You have my gratitude from the bottom of my heart. The full reward I offered is yours to do as you see fit. But first come we must celebrate, my kin and the love of my life have been returned to me."

He hasn't seen the Orc yet.


*Avatar Boru*

You been burned.

Duly noted.

"IF it was only that easy. Been telling them to calm down for the better part of 2000 years. Seen where that's gotten me?"

"Eeesh..."

"I'll morn the loss of the runes... but fuck the elves."

"To be fair they're the ones siphoning the excess magic back to the realm of chaos...but I see your point."

She gives you a look.

"What? And for another matter this is the second time you've said I've got some ulterior motive. Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

"Yes. he does."

"If I ever find him I'll drag his sorry ass here for you to play with I promise."

"I can smell the stench from here. And I'm dead. Would regular bathing and proper sewers be too much to ask?"

"Hot water's a bit of a luxery when bending isn't an option and you're living hand to mouth wondering when something with too sharp teeth is going to come and eat you. But I'll try and get things moving. It ain't healthy I'll freely admit."

I then turn to Sigmar. "So the...whatever that sent me here let me know that you've got a special...champion living in your old tribal territory....anything you want me to do for him before the fun starts?"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:That works as well if you have the numbers for it.

We'll figure something out when we start working on it, I'm thinking.

None thankfully.  They seemed to figure out what that blade was for and got it away from her quick enough.

Working with competent people is nice.

What you find is a sickeningly sweet and cloying feel, like perfume gone bad somehow.  If you try to excise the effects of chaos on the woman...roll a d10.

May as well go all-out spiritual warfare on this. Glowy eyes and all. If this works it'll be the gift that keeps on giving.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Dice Bot on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:23 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 2

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Alright then do you personally have the feel for stone?  No?  Then they'll point it out and you fix it.

That I'll agree on. The Avatar state though would be very respectable even by Dwarf standards. Probably need to be tweaked by master artisans, if only for pride's sake, but I just think you were overstating a bit.

Ah...well some of the slayers might stay here.  Some are distant descendants of residents here.  The rest.  Still a mighty throng of slayers...with nothing to do...take up on the idea and you see a sea of red leaving as you are.

"May the Spirits guide all of you to heroic ends. But remember this. In two years time there will be a great danger from the north unlike any seen in our lifetimes. Far be it from me to deny you a well earned doom, but if you're willing to be careful... you could do much good for both man and dwarf when that time comes."

I do create a wall memorial for these who died clearing the place.


True though he can't stay and his little brother will become king in his time Gods willing.

"I know," I reply sadly, "The Slayer oath has but solution... but still. Today you put right the grudge that drove you to take it. Today you saved your family. And soon you'll see that bloody orc lying dead, probably torn in half by you or your father... your vengeance fulfilled in whole. It's a lucky slayer who before his doom can honestly say that he's put things right."

You know, I'm tempted to meditate in the temple of Grimnir to meet the slayer god.

No not really.  The march is calm and soothing.  Exactly what the recovering Queen, her sons and her nephews needed after their long time in captivity.  When they arrive at their home tears well up in all of their eyes.  It only take a little bit of time and Kazador nearly breaks down a gate and sends dwarves flying as he bulls his way through his thronging people.  When he sees his wife and sons he took for dead he stares for what feels an eternity just taking in what he sees.  Then a massive hard hand reaches out and with incredible gentleness touches his wife's cheek.  Then arms that could snap a troll's spine envelope her in a fierce yet gentle embrace.  And you can see the broad torso heave in muffled sobs.

I smile with true joy. "This is what makes being the Avatar worth it. Being able to help people."

Then he turns to you.  "Are you he who made this possible?"

I simply nod. "Avatar Sama, at your service."

If you answer yes then he embraces you in a bear hug so strong you feel your ribs and the bones of your arms creak.

CHI HARDENING!
CHI HARDENING!

"You have my gratitude from the bottom of my heart.  The full reward I offered is yours to do as you see fit.  But first come we must celebrate, my kin and the love of my life have been returned to me."

"It was my pleasure and my honor. And I've brought you one last gift..."

He hasn't seen the Orc yet.

A large mass of Orc in a can land roughly in front of us. I'm not treating him gently. Nor am I feeing or watering him to be honest. This orc is probably in rather sorry shape to be honest...

"I promised him a warrior's death in exchange for telling me the exact location of your kin. Didn't want the Orc's deciding to do something they'd regret in the name of being spiteful. You wouldn't happen to know where he could find a warrior's death, would you?"

My grin is savage.

I/when someone gives the word... I give the orc a basic choppa and he's been stripped of armor.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
45

*Avatar Boru*

"Eeesh..."

"Welcome to my world."

"To be fair they're the ones siphoning the excess magic back to the realm of chaos...but I see your point."

He nods. "I know what they've been up to."

"What?  And for another matter this is the second time you've said I've got some ulterior motive. Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

"Just grouchy that's all.... and I can tell when you're looking at my butt."

"If I ever find him I'll drag his sorry ass here for you to play with I promise."

"Don't bother."

"Hot water's a bit of a luxery when bending isn't an option and you're living hand to mouth wondering when something with too sharp teeth is going to come and eat you.  But I'll try and get things moving.  It ain't healthy I'll freely admit."

I then turn to Sigmar.  "So the...whatever that sent me here let me know that you've got a special...champion living in your old tribal territory....anything you want me to do for him before the fun starts?"

"Get him my hammer. My real one, not the copy Aldric the Mad made but the true Skull Splitter... I'll tell you where."

And he does.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:43 am

Rieverre wrote:We'll figure something out when we start working on it, I'm thinking.

Indeed.

Working with competent people is nice.

They live on the edge of the Chaos wastes, it comes with the territory.

May as well go all-out spiritual warfare on this. Glowy eyes and all. If this works it'll be the gift that keeps on giving.

2

Well you place your hand on her and after a bit of a light show she seems...reduced...still a lovely creature but not the incredible beauty that drove you to distraction. When she realizes what you've done, the entire castle hears her shriek of horror and loss....seems she was of the willing sort.



Psyckosama wrote:That I'll agree on. The Avatar state though would be very respectable even by Dwarf standards. Probably need to be tweaked by master artisans, if only for pride's sake, but I just think you were overstating a bit.

Competent Journeyman then.

"May the Spirits guide all of you to heroic ends. But remember this. In two years time there will be a great danger from the north unlike any seen in our lifetimes. Far be it from me to deny you a well earned doom, but if you're willing to be careful... you could do much good for both man and dwarf when that time comes."

Oh they will, they will...

I do create a wall memorial for these who died clearing the place.

The Dwarves ask if they could put the names in themselves. Make it a joint venture and all that.

"I know," I reply sadly, "The Slayer oath has but solution... but still. Today you put right the grudge that drove you to take it. Today you saved your family. And soon you'll see that bloody orc lying dead, probably torn in half by you or your father... your vengeance fulfilled in whole. It's a lucky slayer who before his doom can honestly say that he's put things right."

You know, I'm tempted to meditate in the temple of Grimnir to meet the slayer god.

He seems to take some comfort in that. As for the Grimnir thing...I doubt it, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking.

I smile with true joy. "This is what makes being the Avatar worth it. Being able to help people."

Not a dry eye in the room.

CHI HARDENING!
CHI HARDENING!

It BARELY works, ye gods he's strong.

"It was my pleasure and my honor. And I've brought you one last gift..."

He pauses.

A large mass of Orc in a can land roughly in front of us. I'm not treating him gently. Nor am I feeing or watering him to be honest. This orc is probably in rather sorry shape to be honest...

Better than you would have expected but then again orcs are TOUGH.

"I promised him a warrior's death in exchange for telling me the exact location of your kin. Didn't want the Orc's deciding to do something they'd regret in the name of being spiteful. You wouldn't happen to know where he could find a warrior's death, would you?"

My grin is savage.

I/when someone gives the word... I give the orc a basic choppa and he's been stripped of armor.

Kazador is dead silent, then a maddened smile(grimace?) spreads across his face and he strips out of his armor, cracks his fingers and, once he's got the space, charges. The big orc, despite his weakened condition, makes to fight with surprised vigor....not that it makes much difference. Kazador simply tears the orc apart with a barrage of punches, breaking something with every blow and swatting away every strike the orc attempts.

The king knocks the big orc over with a right hook and after kneeling down silent as the tomb, his face covered in orc blood and that smile never leaving, he grabs the orc by the throat and squeezes....the orc tries to fight for a few moments, then you hear something pop and after a few gobbling attempts at breathing the orc dies, his windpipe pinched smaller than the circumference of a pencil.

That smile fades from Kazador's face and a real and happy one, the kind he was famous for in the past, spreads across his face. "Well, then, NOW we Celebrate, these halls have been gloomy for too long and settling a grudge is thirsty work!"


*Avatar Boru*

"Welcome to my world."

"Guess we'll have to make the best of it."

He nods. "I know what they've been up to."

Right.

"Just grouchy that's all.... and I can tell when you're looking at my butt."

"I'm a young man in the prime of my life, I'd need a shock collar not to subconciously glance at a pretty girl...though I do apologize and will strive to do better...you are pretty though...won't deny that. Any man in the old days would have traded his left nut for a woman like yourself. Ask him." I point to Sigmar. "But now isn't the time and other matters DO press on all here."

"Don't bother."

"As you wish."

"Get him my hammer. My real one, not the copy Aldric the Mad made but the true Skull Splitter... I'll tell you where."

And he does.

Once the information is given, I nod and say, "Then I will find both him and the hammer. Should I mention anything about the replacement? Or should we keep mum about that? I'm leaning towards the latter."

OOC: Hmm wonder if I can pull Korra through the Vortex the Hammer is sitting in....bring her back to the world of Flesh and Blood all proper like?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:Competent Journeyman then.

Fair enough.

Oh they will, they will...

Good.

The Dwarves ask if they could put the names in themselves.  Make it a joint venture and all that.

Of course. (I'd probably misspell them.)

But I do make a large and impressive wall born out of the living stone of the mountain itself. Primal and grand.

He seems to take some comfort in that.
 

I put a friendly hand on his shoulder. "Want to join me in my quest?"

[quote]As for the Grimnir thing...I doubt it, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking.

Not a dry eye in the room.

Yep.

It BARELY works, ye gods he's strong.

As long as nothing is broken I'm fine.

Better than you would have expected but then again orcs are TOUGH.

I know. Wouldn't be a warrior's end if he couldn't fight back.

Kazador is dead silent, then a maddened smile(grimace?) spreads across his face and he strips out of his armor, cracks his fingers and, once he's got the space, charges.  The big orc, despite his weakened condition, makes to fight with surprised vigor....not that it makes much difference.  Kazador simply tears the orc apart with a barrage of punches, breaking something with every blow and swatting away every strike the orc attempts.

The king knocks the big orc over with a right hook and after kneeling down silent as the tomb, his face covered in orc blood and that smile never leaving, he grabs the orc by the throat and squeezes....the orc tries to fight for a few moments, then you hear something pop and after a few gobbling attempts at breathing the orc dies, his windpipe pinched smaller than the circumference of a pencil.

That smile fades from Kazador's face and a real and happy one, the kind he was famous for in the past, spreads across his face.  "Well, then, NOW we Celebrate, these halls have been gloomy for too long and settling a grudge is thirsty work!"

I laugh and clap him on the shoulder. "Once moment. I'm inspired."

I close my eyes, take a deep breath and focus. I call upon my predecessors without going full avatar state. Just a little guidance to help me make this as life like as possible.

And I Earthbend a statue of the last moments of that fight. The thrashing orc is on the ground with Kazador's hands about it's throat, it's face a mask of rage and pain while Kazador's is a mask of feral satisfaction.

It's very much my minds eye of the event, as lifelike as I can manage it.

On it's simple base is carved a single rune.

Vengryn

Vengence, Revenge, Justice.

"A remembrance. In honor of this moment. I'm sure your craftsmen can create a far finer foundation than I ever could."

And to the feast!

*Avatar Boru*

"Guess we'll have to make the best of it."

"One step at a time. You're lucky. When you get old you'll be reborn. And about that. You need more benders."

"I'm a young man in the prime of my life, I'd need a shock collar not to subconciously glance at a pretty girl...though I do apologize and will strive to do better...you are pretty though...won't deny that.  Any man in the old days would have traded his left nut for a woman like yourself.  Ask him."  I point to Sigmar.  "But now isn't the time and other matters DO press on all here."

"Maybe not my left nut but I'd probably have done something extremely impulsive and foolish."

She sighs. "Sorry. I'm just... I just never had a chance. Alright?"

"No wound cuts deeper than one born of betrayal. Especially by ones on kin."

She sighs. "Yeah. I know."

"As you wish."

Sigmar nods. "Wise. Putting wrongs to right is one thing, but vengeance for vengeance sake can poison the soul."

Once the information is given, I nod and say, "Then I will find both him and the hammer.  Should I mention anything about the replacement?  Or should we keep mum about that?  I'm leaning towards the latter."

"If you wish to explain the situation you can. The Hammer they know as Garl Maraz is was crafted by Aldric the Mad as the symbol of imperial authority for my empire just as the Runefangs are the symbol of authority for the elector counts. Ghal Maraz itself is a far older and more powerful weapon that was lent to me by the Dwarf King as a symbol of trust and our common cause. When I left the empire it was to return the hammer to the Dwarfs. My apotheoses came during that trip. I'll let you discover the rest on your own. Call it part of the quest."

OOC: Hmm wonder if I can pull Korra through the Vortex the Hammer is sitting in....bring her back to the world of Flesh and Blood all proper like?

You could try. Though you might want to make sure it'll work first.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:31 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well you place your hand on her and after a bit of a light show she seems...reduced...still a lovely creature but not the incredible beauty that drove you to distraction.  When she realizes what you've done, the entire castle hears her shriek of horror and loss....seems she was of the willing sort.

Well, considering it was more about seeing if I could do it than it was about any possible rescue, I'll take that as a win.

And while I'd say this puts an even bigger target for Chaos on my back, that was already happening anyway.

... I'd kill her out of hand at this point, except I suspect interrogation will yield some results. Well, as long as they keep her from biting her own tongue off and killing herself.

While Slaanesh is the least likely to have an army roll in, unlikely is not the same as impossible.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:Fair enough.

Good now let's move on.

Of course. (I'd probably misspell them.)

Heh

But I do make a large and impressive wall born out of the living stone of the mountain itself. Primal and grand.

They set to it like ants on a picnic.

I put a friendly hand on his shoulder. "Want to join me in my quest?"

"Join the Slayer king and the man who did more than anyone to save my family and avenge them? My does THAT seem like a hard choice." You just got sarcasm from a Dwarf.....

As long as nothing is broken I'm fine.

It ain't but it might be some bruises.

I know. Wouldn't be a warrior's end if he couldn't fight back.

True

I laugh and clap him on the shoulder. "Once moment. I'm inspired."

I close my eyes, take a deep breath and focus. I call upon my predecessors without going full avatar state. Just a little guidance to help me make this as life like as possible.

And I Earthbend a statue of the last moments of that fight. The thrashing orc is on the ground with Kazador's hands about it's throat, it's face a mask of rage and pain while Kazador's is a mask of feral satisfaction.

It's very much my minds eye of the event, as lifelike as I can manage it.

On it's simple base is carved a single rune.

Vengryn

Vengence, Revenge, Justice.

"A remembrance. In honor of this moment. I'm sure your craftsmen can create a far finer foundation than I ever could."

And to the feast!

They LIKE IT! There's one or two spots that could stand adjusting but they wouldn't dream of touching it in any shape or form whatsoever. Its....perfect really.

And so everyone is eventually stuffing their damn faces. Florina is one of the exceptions, demurely enjoying an ale she got somewhere while Johan is trying to compete with a warrior he's sitting near in a drinking contest...somehow the kid is matching him drink for drink....how's he doing that?


*Avatar Boru*

"One step at a time. You're lucky. When you get old you'll be reborn. And about that. You need more benders."

"I know that and I've got some feelers out and if I come across anyone I'm impressed with then I'll grant them bending as well. I just hope I don't end up giving a cultist bending I DON'T want to find out the consequences of that are."

"Maybe not my left nut but I'd probably have done something extremely impulsive and foolish."

"And we have confirmation." I say with a smile.

She sighs. "Sorry. I'm just... I just never had a chance. Alright?"

"No wound cuts deeper than one born of betrayal. Especially by ones on kin."

She sighs. "Yeah. I know."

I'll just sit this one back....though I'm wondering about that...limbo the hammer is sitting in.

"Sigmar....do you know what...condition the hammer is in? I mean from what you described it's sitting between the realms of magic and the mortal world...couldn't that be like a portal if something tried to hitch a ride when the hammer was removed? If they were there on the other side ready to grab hold?"

I glance at Korra. "One of my skills IS astral projection into the metaphysical world. Maybe we could pinpoint where the hammer is on both sides before your champion removes it....I don't know what the consequences would be but maybe there might be an out for Korra here....at least give her a chance no? I realize it's insane but it just seems wrong she doesn't even get a proper after-life and she wasn't even 20 yet."

Sigmar nods. "Wise. Putting wrongs to right is one thing, but vengeance for vengeance sake can poison the soul."

Nod of agreement.

"If you wish to explain the situation you can. The Hammer they know as Garl Maraz is was crafted by Aldric the Mad as the symbol of imperial authority for my empire just as the Runefangs are the symbol of authority for the elector counts. Ghal Maraz itself is a far older and more powerful weapon that was lent to me by the Dwarf King as a symbol of trust and our common cause. When I left the empire it was to return the hammer to the Dwarfs. My apotheoses came during that trip. I'll let you discover the rest on your own. Call it part of the quest."

"Better not or at least keep it limited to a VERY few. I shudder at the madness that might erupt if the wrong people heard about what the emperors have been wielding all these years."

You could try. Though you might want to make sure it'll work first.

OOC: See above and if you have any idea how to test that theory feel FREE to tell me....might need to find Verena and...is the god of Magic Hoeth right?



Rieverre wrote:Well, considering it was more about seeing if I could do it than it was about any possible rescue, I'll take that as a win.

Well you can purge the Four's goodies...that's a thing.

And while I'd say this puts an even bigger target for Chaos on my back, that was already happening anyway.

heh.

... I'd kill her out of hand at this point, except I suspect interrogation will yield some results. Well, as long as they keep her from biting her own tongue off and killing herself.

She's a bit too broken for it.

While Slaanesh is the least likely to have an army roll in, unlikely is not the same as impossible.

Heh true.

When they drag the woman down to the dungeons Lord Yugachev and his children check on you asking what happened, are you alright, and eventually do you want in when they interrogate your would be assassin?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well you can purge the Four's goodies...that's a thing.

I have cleansing power. Cleaning power? Maybe scrubbing bubbles? /bad BTVS riff

When they drag the woman down to the dungeons Lord Yugachev and his children check on you asking what happened, are you alright, and eventually do you want in when they interrogate your would be assassin?

I'd appreciate it.

As to what happened ... I'll give a brief explanation of what happened, and that I cheat horribly when any spiritual effects are trying to take hold. "It's a bit like a drop of ink falling into an ocean."
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum