Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:11 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:
She'll take the ship, it's the quickest way and doesn't involve having to fight her home to keep you alive.  As for ship's passage, well you have two options.  One is a pretty high class merchant vessal that'll take the two of you Marienburg in style for 10 silver shillings, (note coinage is 1gc=20ss and 1ss=12sp  1sp=4cf)  or you could take a rickety older ship for 3  pennies.

Don't really need the money for anything else, so, let's go with the more comfortable ship. So 1 gold spent for the voyage.

It would be nice if it goes off without a hitch, but I'll be ready for any sea monster, pirate, marauder or dark elf attacks, since I don't need that much sleep due to the body that I have.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:28 am

Name:
Cameron the Wanderer

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Faction:
Clan Bjornlings

Leader:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer

Huscarls/House Guard

Wealth:
1150 GP in loot/coin

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Journeymen Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People:
Men: 10
Women: 5
Children: 5
Total: 20

Army:
Bondsmen: 10
Total: 10

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

Most of them of fishermen or whalers though one was a lumberjack before he came to the coastline. They are also mostly armed with either spears or axes and had leather armor of one sort or another.
Well that is going to change quick and in a hurry. As my men need to be armed at least to a standard that will be able to keep them alive for the types of battles I'll be fighting. So I'll start arming them in one of three ways depending on there choice of arms and skill. An this set up will be the new standard for my men's gear.

For weapons and board users:
Steel Hand weapon of choice x1
Steel Shield x1
Steel Breast plate x1
Steel helmet x1
Steel plate bracers x1
Steel plate leggings x1
Steel tipped Javelin x3
Holster for Javelins x1  
Cost per: 15Gp, 12Sp, 4Pp

For Great weapon users:
Steel Great weapon of choice x1
Steel Breast plate x1
Steel helmet x1
Steel plate bracers x1
Steel plate leggings x1
Steel tipped Javelin x3
Holster for Javelins x1
Cost Per: 15Gp, 8Sp, 10Pp

For Range weapon users:
Compost longbow x1
Steel hand weapon of choice x1
Steel Breast plate x1
Steel helmet x1
Steel plate bracers x1
Steel plate leggings x1
Arrows and quiver x40
Cost Per: 15Gp, 9Sp, 5Pp

Renee and the other women seem to enjoy your company when you come by and while Renee still seems more than a bit wistful, she seems to have accepted things as is.  The unattached men of your hold seem more than a little interested in her though none of them seem dumb enough to try hitting on their boss’s girl.  Even IF you aren’t marrying her.  
Well I'll clear things up with my men that Renee is not my girl and if who every gains her fancy doesn't treat her wrong they got nothing to fear from me.

What did you have planned for the holding?
Well I would like to see what they would need to improve my walls to the best stone ones they can be, I would like to set up 4 stone towers at the corners of my holdings, I would like a secondary wall built around my holds so I can have room for my people to grow into, I would like to have the ground work and site picked out for a pier to be built, though if possible have it in the second walls area, I would like them to have places set up on my wall for siege weapons to be able to be housed and I would like this to be all done to dwarf standards.

It seems he and the twins are doing rather well to be perfectly honest.

Good to hear and I'll wish him good luck with those she wolfs. As I would hate to have to find a new friend after hearing he dead for lack of water.

Kenna has also begun to go between the maiden’s hall and yours often staying for several days before going back, officially she is supposed to stay in the maidens' hall until you actually propose to her and tie the knot.  Once you returned, you assumed full huscarl duties though with peacetime still on, it isn't as bad as it could be.  

She enjoys hunting with you though to get the full experience she's taken to riding on your shoulders as you run down deer or auroch along the fjords or elsewhere.  Using you as a platform and a mount while she hurls a spear or fires an arrow.  Frankly she has the time of her life.  And what you do elsewhere is fun...as well...heh heh...
Nice. Though at this rate it looks like I might just propose soon, though I'll have to get something worthy of a wedding gift.

So have I heard any stories about a dragon lairing anywhere near here or with a decent distance?

A few weeks later, you get the message that the Jarl is heading to Olric's Stone in a couple of days and that you'll be coming along as well.  Anything or anyone you wish to bring?
Not really, as this should be just a quick trip and taking a big group would just slow us down.

Last edited by Ironforge on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:14 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

Well first thing’s first other than Carcassone none of the duchies of Bretonnia like to hire mercenaries in any shape or form. Even in Carcassone they hire them as shepherds, they officially pay them a pittance and pay for the rest by ‘accidentally’ dropping the rest of the money in front of them. BUT hiring retainers of one sort or another is perfectly alright. So long as the letter is obeyed and not too many waves are splashed then everything is hunky-dory (not his exact words)

Ah. Well, we'll see. It's not like Bretonnia is my only option here after all, but that's not something I actually say outright.

As for local politics well the Duke of Brionne is a popular fellow, a ferocious wild man in the battlefield, but he is a poet and singer of some skill and a handsome devil as well. When the man is in a singing mood well the others of Brionne Castle have to sit on their thumbs and wait until there a war before they even have a chance of courting a lady.

Could be worse then. What about the neighbors?

Anyway, do we arrive without further incident?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:11 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 158g 16s

“Very true, I'd rather have him on our side than against us, we will need all the aid we can in the coming days ahead.”

I nod in agreement

He'll be sure to give lessons once the opportunity arises.

"My thanks."

“Then Hochwinter it will be.”

Evil grin. "I have to talk to some dwarves when I'm finished."

He nods, “Wise of the old wolf.  So according to von Uder, you have the strength of an entire army...might I see a sign of this?  Just to satisfy my curiosity.  Whatever you think would impress me lad...”

I smile and grin like a maniac. "Whatever you want to see. I can load the cannon..."

There's a cannon on the wall so large they have to employ a giant as loader...

He gives you a funny look, “Either you're insane or you really are as good as you claim you say you are if you think you can claim the bounty on that many heads.”

"I do. I believe I'lld be able to kill a massive number of them... though I'll probably need some counter spell support as well."

“And you shall have them.  Though that would be at least 100 carts maybe more, the smell ...whoof...would you at least keep them outside the walls...and keep them so the wind doesn't kill everyone in the city?”

"Why not march them through from one ate and out the other down a main road. I'm sure the people would go nuts with joy seeing thousands of of beastmen heads in a permission with the head of the one eye flying from a pike up front!"

Anything you do before you head out?

Some food to start... some minor equipment

Check in on your maid?

Of course! Check on her alright.

Find a permanent place of residence?

I talk to the Ur-Ulric about getting the temple's help.

Then off you head out eventually, likely the oddest procession out of the city seen in a long while.  People stare but none of the drivers say a word.  Sworn to secrecy and all that.  Also with you are 4 of Todbringer's best scouts.

And a couple wizards I hope.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: Unknown
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr

How's a gold crown a week x however long I was there sound?  That's double the pay of a merc.  Plus what 6 crowns for the 300 or so zombies I killed?  A crown for every 50 I killed sounds fair right?  Or am I lowballing?

DONE! Smile

You're asking for money, dood.

Though past money dood... you can ask for more money in the future.

My skin flushes, my eyes dilate, my limbs quiver, my teeth chatter, and my hands clench hard...very...very hard...

It's one thing to read about atrocities or see a documentary...it's another to stand in the middle of one...  I will KILL these bastards.  Looking for the trail, I howl at the top of my lungs, likely more wolflike than I'd ever howled before, and then I thunder off in the direction the greenskins went once I find it.

What does this get me?

Like a lion in a grade school... you find a medium sized encampment... about 100 of 'em including gobbos.

The slaughters not really worth describing. They're simply torn to shreds in your rage...

Though you did manage to land in the drop.

You need a bath. You REALLY need a bath...

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver

Don't really need the money for anything else, so, let's go with the more comfortable ship. So 1 gold spent for the voyage.

Then Spent it is.

It would be nice if it goes off without a hitch, but I'll be ready for any sea monster, pirate, marauder or dark elf attacks, since I don't need that much sleep due to the body that I have.

Well....as a matter of fact...as you sail along the coastline one fine morning, the lookout in the crow's nest bellows out "Pirates off the Starboard side!"  Looking for yourself, you indeed spot and Oldworld ship with an honest to God Skull and crossbones flag on it.

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron the Wanderer

Rune items:

Faction:
Clan Bjornlings

Leader:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer

Huscarls/House Guard

Wealth:
1150 GP in loot/coin

Retainers:

People:

Army:

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

Well that is going to change quick and in a hurry. As my men need to be armed at least to a standard that will be able to keep them alive for the types of battles I'll be fighting. So I'll start arming them in one of three ways depending on there choice of arms and skill. An this set up will be the new standard for my men's gear.

For weapons and board users:
Steel Hand weapon of choice x1
Steel Shield x1
Steel Breast plate x1
Steel helmet x1
Steel plate bracers x1
Steel plate leggings x1
Steel tipped Javelin x3
Holster for Javelins x1  
Cost per: 15Gp, 12Sp, 4Pp

For Great weapon users:
Steel Great weapon of choice x1
Steel Breast plate x1
Steel helmet x1
Steel plate bracers x1
Steel plate leggings x1
Steel tipped Javelin x3
Holster for Javelins x1
Cost Per: 15Gp, 8Sp, 10Pp

For Range weapon users:
Compost longbow x1
Steel hand weapon of choice x1
Steel Breast plate x1
Steel helmet x1
Steel plate bracers x1
Steel plate leggings x1
Arrows and quiver x40
Cost Per: 15Gp, 9Sp, 5Pp

The men goggle when they realize just what you're planning to pay for their equipment (DO THE MATH YOURSELF!)  But they quickly accept such offerings and when they come in several weeks later, they take to them like bears to honey.  Stories of your generosity spread....

Well I'll clear things up with my men that Renee is not my girl and if who every gains her fancy doesn't treat her wrong they got nothing to fear from me.

They take that to heart....

Well I would like to see what they would need to improve my walls to the best stone ones they can be, I would like to set up 4 stone towers at the corners of my holdings, I would like a secondary wall built around my holds so I can have room for my people to grow into, I would like to have the ground work and site picked out for a pier to be built, though if possible have it in the second walls area, I would like them to have places set up on my wall for siege weapons to be able to be housed and I would like this to be all done to dwarf standards.

Urist takes on look at what you had planned and grinned.  This just might be the project he needs to get out of his Journeymanship.  Though it WILL take a while to get this done and right.

Good to hear and I'll wish him good luck with those she wolfs. As I would hate to have to find a new friend after hearing he dead for lack of water.

Heh

Nice. Though at this rate it looks like I might just propose soon, though I'll have to get something worthy of a wedding gift.

So have I heard any stories about a dragon lairing anywhere near here or with a decent distance?

No Dragons that they know of but some folk have been talking about some young bull mammoth wandering south from the North.

Not really, as this should be just a quick trip and taking a big group would just slow us down.

Alright then.  So out you head.  For a couple of weeks you travel crosscountry until you arrive at Olric's Stone, a gigantic stone, carved with images of Olric the All-Father and Valhalla, one of the most important locations in all of the Bjornling lands.

At the Stone there are dozens of Jarls and warband chieftains along with their entourages waiting, your group is the last among them.  Ingvar is the one to call the Jarls together.  And since you were the cause of the gathering of the clans and Jarls, it is you that should speak to them and tell them why they were called.

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Ah. Well, we'll see. It's not like Bretonnia is my only option here after all, but that's not something I actually say outright.

Alright.

Could be worse then. What about the neighbors?

Well his father is Castellian of the Duke's castle and manages the immediate lands around the place.  The other lords seem more interested in their tournaments and manageing their lands than trying to out manuver each other over land or titles.  Unlike the Duchy of Acquitaine to the North, most argumentative bunch in all of Bretonnia, or so he's heard.

Anyway, do we arrive without further incident?

Roll a d10 to see.

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen

Evil grin. "I have to talk to some dwarves when I'm finished."

"Oh?  What have you planned?"

I smile and grin like a maniac. "Whatever you want to see. I can load the cannon..."

There's a cannon on the wall so large they have to employ a giant as loader...

He gives you a look for a moment, then he realizes just what cannon you're talking about and his eyes bug open.  "You're not serious lad?  And I read here that Ar-Ulric wishes to keep you a secret until Hochwinter.  That might be a little...overt.  I...I think I'll take yours and Ar-Ulric's word for it if that your idea of an example."

"I do. I believe I'll be able to kill a massive number of them... though I'll probably need some counter spell support as well."

He nods, he knows a few wizards of the Jade and Bright College that owe him a few favors.

"Why not march them through from one ate and out the other down a main road. I'm sure the people would go nuts with joy seeing thousands of of beastmen heads in a permission with the head of the one eye flying from a pike up front!"

When that image filters through his mind, his eye glazes for a moment then he looks back to you, "On the other hand a little smell alone never hurt anyone."

Some food to start... some minor equipment

Done and done.

Of course! Check on her alright.

She is doing fine, she was more than a little intimidated by the events of the temple and she's wondering if you want her to come with you on this journey.

I talk to the Ur-Ulric about getting the temple's help.

He promises to have something ready for you by the time that you return.

And a couple wizards I hope.

Three actually a Jade and two Brights one Bright excells in making individuals burst into flames, while the other is pretty damn good at making fire corrals.
When you leave Middenheim and head towards the Nordland border several days later, the scouts return, telling you about two possible places Khazrak could be hiding.  One is in a series of caves in a cliffside deep in the forest.  Beastmen have been using the place for ages and it's one of the only places where a horde the size of Khazrak's could live in comfortably.

Another such place could be in an island deep out in the Schadensumpf swamp.  Not large enough for Khazrak's entire horde, but he's used in plenty of times in the past as a full army has a difficult time going after him there.

Cash: 10 GC
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr[/quote]

You're asking for money, dood.
Though past money dood... you can ask for more money in the future.

See above

Like a lion in a grade school... you find a medium sized encampment... about 100 of 'em including gobbos.

The slaughters not really worth describing. They're simply torn to shreds in your rage...

Though you did manage to land in the drop.

You need a bath. You REALLY need a bath...

Nice...once I loot the bodies of everything possibly valuable, I lumber off back to the refugees and my companions as quick as I can, making sure I have the head of the boss in my hands as I move.

I also make a point of jumping in a river or stream and using some sand to scrub myself off as thoroughly as I can.

Then I toss the bastard's head to their feet telling them that particular pack of overgrown boogers is dealt with.

Then I'll rejoin the carriage and we'll continue on our journey.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Vargr Skarin

Roll a d10 to see.

Rieverre carried out 1 launched of one d10 :
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 50 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz

Brian Boru wrote:You might be able to find something in camp for about 5 silver.
Hmm, going to hold off on that. Might find a better stocked packed in the capitol.
Brian Boru wrote:Eh there were only twenty of them, they'll send a few pistoleers after them later.
I wish them happy hunting then.
Brian Boru wrote:He says you should go, the Elector Count is his direct lord and so he's bound to obey him which means making sure you go.
Gone.
Brian Boru wrote:Well Piet's all of 10 so you might want to hold off the armor for right now.  Though a good dagger wouldn't be out of place for his self defense.  Which would cost you for a quality knife about a shilling.
For some reason, I thought he was fifteen. Huh, okay so maybe a leather jerkin and a good dagger then. Well, looks like I'll be teaching him for quite some time.
Brian Boru wrote:On you ride to Wolfenburg.  On the ride there you run into shockingly little trouble.  Once you reach Wolfenburg when you show your summons from the Count the guards let you in without trouble.  Is there anything you wish to do while in the walled city of Wolfenburg before you see von Raukov?
Yeah, buy a healing kit. Make sure it's got herbs, poultices, and potions in addition to the usual. Super strength, might as well take advantage of it. Grab a fine pair of bracers and greaves for protection for my arms and legs. A couple of good maps on the World, the Empire, Ostland, and Kislev. Maybe a camping kit big enough for two people. And a couple of good books. Ones that focus on healing, plants, and herbalism. After that, on to meet the Count.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 pm

"Oh?  What have you planned?"

"Ever heard the sad story of King Kazador?"

NOTE: If I pull this off... I'd probably be richer than the elector counts... combined.

He gives you a look for a moment, then he realizes just what cannon you're talking about and his eyes bug open.  "You're not serious lad?  And I read here that Ar-Ulric wishes to keep you a secret until Hochwinter.  That might be a little...overt.  I...I think I'll take yours and Ar-Ulric's word for it if that your idea of an example."

I nod. "I'd give myself good odds as to being able to break your sword over my knee."

His sword is a fucking Runefang.

He nods, he knows a few wizards of the Jade and Bright College that owe him a few favors.

"Thank you."

When that image filters through his mind, his eye glazes for a moment then he looks back to you, "On the other hand a little smell alone never hurt anyone."

"Of course in that situation we'd need more than a simple set of carts... such a display must be a grand parade signifying to all Middenheim's special place as Ulric's seat of power on this world..."

She is doing fine, she was more than a little intimidated by the events of the temple and she's wondering if you want her to come with you on this journey.

She's Ulrician, right?

He promises to have something ready for you by the time that you return.

Thanks.

Three actually a Jade and two Brights one Bright excells in making individuals burst into flames, while the other is pretty damn good at making fire corrals.

Nice. If we have to deal with caves, having people capable of killing anyone who tries to run out of any other passages will be damned useful

When you leave Middenheim and head towards the Nordland border several days later, the scouts return, telling you about two possible places Khazrak could be hiding.

Hm...

One is in a series of caves in a cliffside deep in the forest. Beastmen have been using the place for ages and it's one of the only places where a horde the size of Khazrak's could live in comfortably.

Do any of the locals know the network. If I could seal all but one entrance I could clear out the entire set with us reclaiming them as I basically walk down and slaughter all in my path...

Though I'd need someone to help me map it and probably men to help secure the tunnels behind me.

Another such place could be in an island deep out in the Schadensumpf swamp.  Not large enough for Khazrak's entire horde, but he's used in plenty of times in the past as a full army has a difficult time going after him there.

Lets start there. I'm going to do a lone recon. I'm going to take a spy glass, pole jump over the island, and do some Arial recon.

If I see the asshole's banner... or honestly, any worthwhile number of beastmen... I'll give orders to begin the attack

Nice...once I loot the bodies of everything possibly valuable, I lumber off back to the refugees and my companions as quick as I can, making sure I have the head of the boss in my hands as I move.

He's just a minor boss. Local pain in the ass named Morbog.

Though his axe does seem somewhat interesting...

I also make a point of jumping in a river or stream and using some sand to scrub myself off as thoroughly as I can.

You end up using a piece of sandstone to rub yourself clean... its STICKY and has a smell unlike any other.

Then I toss the bastard's head to their feet telling them that particular pack of overgrown boogers is dealt with.

They go silent for a moment and then they basically fall to their knees crying with joy and thanking Sigmar.

The Ulrican seems a bit put off by the last part... very annoyed.

Then I'll rejoin the carriage and we'll continue on our journey.

Cosmina sniffs the air when you enter "You smell like shit."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Coin: 11 Gold, 4 Silver

Brian Boru wrote:
Then Spent it is.

Got it.

Well....as a matter of fact...as you sail along the coastline one fine morning, the lookout in the crow's nest bellows out "Pirates off the Starboard side!"  Looking for yourself, you indeed spot and Oldworld ship with an honest to God Skull and crossbones flag on it.

Well, time to flex my muscle again. I'll get on the deck and see how the crew is taking it, does the ship I'm on have any cannons or other weapons to defend itself from the pirates? If not... well, time to do it the hard way. I'll consult with Kyra, but the following is pretty much what I'll do.

Once the pirate ship is close enough, I'll launch myself into a running leap and jump onto the enemy ship, and start slicing and dicing at the pirates. Given my toughness and strength and speed, I should be able to slaughter my way through the pirates. But I make sure to not use the elements, and make sure to avoid killing all of them, for interrogation purposes of course, plus there might be slaves on board, whom deserve to be freed.

I'll be methodical in my clearing of the pirate ship, making sure that I got all of them.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Name:
Cameron the Wanderer

Rune items:

Faction:
Clan Bjornlings

Leader:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer

Huscarls/House Guard

Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Retainers:

People:

Army:
-Axe and board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:

The men goggle when they realize just what you're planning to pay for their equipment (DO THE MATH YOURSELF!)  But they quickly accept such offerings and when they come in several weeks later, they take to them like bears to honey.  Stories of your generosity spread....
OC: Cost for all gear. 155 Gp, 8 Sp, 6 Pp  

"Well I'm glad you like the gear men, as I know where I go the fighting will be the hardest and bloodiest. So I find it only proper to arm you so, as I will not have my men fall in battle from lack of good gear.

So ready yourself men, as I expect much from you. As I'll have it that when you make your march to valhalla, the valkyries themselves will swoon at the tales of your deeds."

They take that to heart....
Good, as I would hate to have punch anyone of my men over this.

Urist takes on look at what you had planned and grinned.  This just might be the project he needs to get out of his Journeymanship. Though it WILL take a while to get this done and right.
"Well I might be able to help with that and make it a faster task Urist. As I have know a way to shape stone as freely and as easily as clay from the knowledge of my people. An if you are interested we can try it out here, so I can teach you how to use it yourself. So when you return to your people you can share that gift with them." I offer, with a smile. An when he accepts, I'll show and tell him how to make, use and reinforce cement.

No Dragons that they know of but some folk have been talking about some young bull mammoth wandering south from the North.
Well that is a start, so now at least I know what I'll serve for the wedding. Smile

Though I'll need to find something more worthy for a wedding gift for both myself and Kenna, well back to looking for other things. But, hopefully on this trip I'll hear something that might help me in that goal.

Alright then.  So out you head.  For a couple of weeks you travel crosscountry until you arrive at Olric's Stone, a gigantic stone, carved with images of Olric the All-Father and Valhalla, one of the most important locations in all of the Bjornling lands.

At the Stone there are dozens of Jarls and warband chieftains along with their entourages waiting, your group is the last among them.  Ingvar is the one to call the Jarls together.  And since you were the cause of the gathering of the clans and Jarls, it is you that should speak to them and tell them why they were called.
Looking at my Jarl and getting his go ahead to move out and share my news. I walking out into the center of the stone circle and start my address with a clear and crisp voice for all to hear with ease.

"Greeting honored Jarls and Chiefs of the clan of Bjornling. My name is Cameron the Wanderer, Huscarls and House Guard to Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer. An I bring grave news to you all about the coming storm that comes to destroy all true sons and daughters of the north and All-Father Ulric. For am sure you have all noticed how the world has become more alive with the powers of magic, how things once thought legend and myth now boldly walk into the light of day once again, how the forces of the Chaos gods grow stronger and bolder then ever before and how the very world itself seems ready for a great change once more. So to you, I share the reason why. To you, I tell you of the new Everchosen coming to rise. An how this man Archaon, is on the rise to gather all the forces of chaos on this realm for another great incursion to claim all in the names of his foul gods.

But know now that he has yet to be crowned supreme champion of the chaos yet. An that the coming storm can still be stopped yet or at least broken so that we might not have to face the full weight of there might. As I have knowledge of where the last item of power that Archaon seeks is. So I suggest we send a elite group of our best warriors to go find this item, so that Archaon can not gain the full blessings of his foul gods and become everchosen. Though I know such a task even with knowledge of where the item is, will be one worthy of legend and lore. An that those who go will most likely not return. I also know that it is the best chance we have to stop this threat to our people from reaching it's full power.

Though I also know that even if we do prevent Archaon for gaining the last piece he needs, that we will still most likely have to face a storm of chaos and war from those already called. So I also suggest that we of Clan Bjornling join as one and seek to have the other clans of the south to join us united. So that we can become a people of one will, of one might and of one nation! So that we might be able to meet this threat that would force us to bend knee once more to the chaos gods and to sell our souls to damnation. An so that we may fight with our allies the dwarfs once more and prove to all the valor, courage and might of the people of the north! So my Jarls and Chiefs, will you join us in this bold plan to keep our souls whole and finally break ties to the chaos gods for all to see and raise our people to the heights they were meant to be!? An if so, who will join me in my quest to deny the 4 there supreme champion and join me in legend!?"
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:44 am

Amazingly you don’t run into any other trouble as you traverse the width of Brionne, in fact, the journey is almost idyllic in nature.

Then you arrive at the castle of the Duke of Brionne.  When you’re questioned at the gates, it takes the men-at-arms there to realize that it is the young lord Mortimer, they allow the young man through as well as you thinking you’re some companion he picked up when he was on his way for a surprise visit.

You enter into a side structure and up a flight of stairs, at the top of the stairs is a solid oak door.  Mortimer breaths, then knocks on the door.  An older male voice calls out, “Come in.”  Mortimer nervously opens the door.  Sitting at a desk, looking over several missives is an older version of Mortimer.  “Son...what brings you home so early?  And dressed so?”  Then he looks at you and your clothing his eyes narrow and he says, “And who is this?”

You want Mortimer to handle this one or do you?

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Coin: 50 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

Hmm, going to hold off on that. Might find a better stocked packed in the capitol.

alright.

Gone.

He bids you a safe trip.

For some reason, I thought he was fifteen. Huh, okay so maybe a leather jerkin and a good dagger then. Well, looks like I'll be teaching him for quite some time.

Alright then.  He still appreciates the gifts.

Yeah, buy a healing kit. Make sure it's got herbs, poultices, and potions in addition to the usual. Super strength, might as well take advantage of it. Grab a fine pair of bracers and greaves for protection for my arms and legs. A couple of good maps on the World, the Empire, Ostland, and Kislev. Maybe a camping kit big enough for two people. And a couple of good books. Ones that focus on healing, plants, and herbalism. After that, on to meet the Count.

You manage to find most of what you’re looking for.  10 g even for all the stuff.

Then you head to the Manor of the Elector count.  When you enter the hall you find yourself looking at a large and fierce looking man with a bow that looks like it could shoot a dragon out of the air across his lap.  His black locks and black eyes make him look grim in the dim light of the throne room.  He looks up at you and grunts out, “So you are the one that destroyed an entire Marauder army and save 100 virgin maiden single handedly are you?  Tell me what was the real story I’m rather curious to be honest.”  

"Ever heard the sad story of King Kazador?"

NOTE: If I pull this off... I'd probably be richer than the elector counts... combined.

His jaws drop....then he smiles like a loon, “Sounds like something a man of your abilities should go after lad.”

I nod. "I'd give myself good odds as to being able to break your sword over my knee."

His sword is a fucking Runefang.

He puts his hand over the pommel of the sword almost defensively, you don’t make jokes like that with a Runefang.

"Of course in that situation we'd need more than a simple set of carts... such a display must be a grand parade signifying to all Middenheim's special place as Ulric's seat of power on this world..."

“We’ll see what can be done.  First we need the head of the beast to parade around.”

She's Ulrician, right?

Sigmarite, but she’s SERIOUSLY thinking about shifting after what she’s seen.

Do any of the locals know the network. If I could seal all but one entrance I could clear out the entire set with us claiming them as I basically walk down and slaughter all in my path...

Though I'd need someone to help me map it and probably men to help secure the tunnels behind me.

Well it isn’t so much that they don’t know the layout of the caves, the problem is more they could clear the caves out daily and the next day a new herd of the bastards would move into them somewhere in the system.

Lets start there. I'm going to do a lone recon. I'm going to take a spy glass, pole jump over the island, and do some aerial recon.

If I see the asshole's banner... or honestly, any worthwhile number of beastmen... I'll give orders to begin the attack

Alright you head to the edge of the swamp and plow on in.  The scouts and the wizards doing their best to get through, some better than others.  Eventually you reach the general location of the Island.  Looking at the island after a jump you definitely see beast men wandering around the island though not nearly the 40,000 that rumor spoke of nor any giants, just around 400 beast men. BUT what looks like Khazrak’s banner sits right in the middle with a big Beastlord is sitting nearby it who sure as hell looks like Khazrak from all the descriptions of him though SOMETHING feels off about this entire situation.

He's just a minor boss. Local pain in the ass named Morbog.

Though his axe does seem somewhat interesting...

I take the ax as well and hand it to the gold wizard, apologizing to him about the smell and asking for soap if he has any,  I feel so utterly foul right now.

You end up using a piece of sandstone to rub yourself clean... its STICKY and has a smell unlike any other.

DAMMIT!  WHY CAN’T I GET CLEAN!?!?!?

They go silent for a moment and then they basically fall to their knees crying with joy and thanking Sigmar.

The Ulrican seems a bit put off by the last part... very annoyed.

I nod to them but I comment, “While the Heldenhammer ‘might’ have been with me when I killed that Orc, it was praises to the Battle Lord of Wolves and Winter that were on my lips when I slew a hundred greenskins.  Think on that good folk and may the gods watch over you.”  Then I leave.

Cosmina sniffs the air when you enter "You smell like shit."

I grimace and step back out.  “Sorry..that’s what you get you try to be dramatic and dive out of the sky like a hawk onto a mouse.  Then fail miserably with your aim and land right into their drop...does anyone have soap...PLEASE  I’m feeling just FOUL right now and I’m doubting that I’ll ever be clean again.”  I shiver like I had a fever.

Well, time to flex my muscle again. I'll get on the deck and see how the crew is taking it, does the ship I'm on have any cannons or other weapons to defend itself from the pirates? If not... well, time to do it the hard way. I'll consult with Kyra, but the following is pretty much what I'll do.

They DO have cannons though their strategy is to try and outrun their attackers.  Unfortunately the angle of the pirate ship is going to prevent that.  

Once the pirate ship is close enough, I'll launch myself into a running leap and jump onto the enemy ship, and start slicing and dicing at the pirates. Given my toughness and strength and speed, I should be able to slaughter my way through the pirates. But I make sure to not use the elements, and make sure to avoid killing all of them, for interrogation purposes of course, plus there might be slaves on board, whom deserve to be freed.

I'll be methodical in my clearing of the pirate ship, making sure that I got all of them.

Well your crew stares in numb shock at your jump and although some of the pirates try to shoot you down before you can land...it doesn’t go all that well for them.

What follows is another bloodletting that leaves the deck coated in blood.  When you check under the deck, you find several women and children huddled together and shackled to the wall.  They pull back in terror of you with the children struggling to hide behind their mothers.

Cameron the Wanderer

Rune items:

Faction:
Clan Bjornlings

Leader:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer

Huscarls/House Guard

Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Retainers:

People:

Army:
-Axe and board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:

"Well I'm glad you like the gear men, as I know where I go the fighting will be the hardest and bloodiest. So I find it only proper to arm you so, as I will not have my men fall in battle from lack of good gear.

So ready yourself men, as expect much from you. As I'll have it that when you make your march to valhalla, the valkyries themselves will swoon at the tales of your deeds."

They cheer at the opportunity to get into the toughest going.

Good, as I would hate to have punch anyone of my men over this.

Heh

"Well I might be able to help with that and make it a faster task Urist. As I have know a way to shape stone as freely and as easily as clay from the knowledge of my people. An if you are interested we can try it out here, so I can teach you how to use it yourself. So when you return to your people you can share that gift with them." I offer, with a smile. An when he accepts, I'll show and tell him how to make, use and reinforce cement.

He IS interested but he’ll test the stuff on his own time.  Better tried and trued for a client AND he wants OUT of his Journeymanship.

Well that is a start, so now at least I know what I'll serve for the wedding. Smile

Though I'll need to find something more worthy for a wedding gift for both myself and Kenna, well back to looking for other things. But, hopefully on this trip I'll hear something that might help me in that goal.

Noted.

Looking at my Jarl and getting his go ahead to move out and share my story. I walking out into the center of my stone circle and start my address with a clear and crisp voice for all to hear with ease.

"Greeting honored Jarls and Chiefs of the clan of Bjornling. My name is Cameron the Wanderer, Huscarls and House Guard to Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer. An I bring grave news to you all about the coming storm that comes to destroy all true sons and daughters of the north and All-Father Ulric. For am sure you have all noticed how the world has become more alive with the powers of magic, how things once thought legend and myth now boldly walk into the light of day once again, how the forces of the Chaos gods grow stronger and bolder then ever before and how the very world itself seems ready for a great change once more. So to you, I share the reason why. To you, I tell you of the new Everchosen coming to rise. An how this man Archaon, is on the rise to gather all the forces of chaos on this realm for another great incursion to claim all in the names of his foul gods.

But know now that he has yet to be crowned supreme champion of the chaos yet. An that the coming storm can still be stopped yet or at least broken so that we might not have to face the full weight of there might. As I have knowledge of where the last item of power that Archaon seeks is. So I suggest we send an elite group of our best warriors to go find this item, so that Archaon can not gave the full blessings of his foul gods and become everchosen. Though I know such a task even with knowledge of where the item is will be one worthy of legend and lore. An that those who go will most likely not return. I also know that it is the best chance we have to stop this threat to our people from reaching it's full power.

Though I also know that even if we do prevent Archaon for gaining the last piece he needs, that we will still most likely have to face a storm of chaos and war from those already called. So I also suggest that we of Clan Bjornling join as one and seek to have the other clans of the south to join us united. So that we can become a people of one will, of one might and of one nation! So that we might be able to meet this threat that would force us to bend knee once more to the chaos gods and to sell our souls to damnation. An so that we may fight with our allies the dwarfs once more and prove to all the valor, courage and might of the people of the north! So my Jarls and Chiefs, will you join us in this bold plan to keep our souls whole and finally break ties to the chaos gods for all to see and raise our people to the heights they were meant to be!? An if so, who will join me in my quest to deny the 4 there supreme champion and join me in legend!?"

There is dead silence for a while...then one of the Jarls stands up and says,  “When the last Everchosen marched out of the North, my ancestors marched with him in his vanguard, not a one of them returned, leaving the women and children to suffer predation from the wild beasts, the unforgiving elements, and tribes that had been less harmed by the war of the south.  Since then we have recovered our strength, we are as great now as we ever were in the days before Kul, now another Everchosen is on the rise, and we will be forced once more to march south and once more the muscle and sinew of our people will be ripped apart into dead and bleeding tatters.  Well I WILL BE DAMNED BEFORE SUCH A THING WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!”

He draws his sword and cuts a line along his forearm, “By the blood of my ancestors you have my support wanderer.”

The other Jarls, warband leaders, and warriors also stand up and give their oaths as well.  Soon the entire region is rumbling with the cry of the Bjornlings calling for resistance to the dark in anyway they can.

What now?

Last edited by Brian Boru on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:10 am

Cameron the Wanderer

Rune items:

Faction:
Clan Bjornlings

Leader:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer

Huscarls/House Guard

Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Retainers:

People:

Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8

Army:
-Axe and Board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:

They cheer at the opportunity to get into the toughest going.
I just smile to there cheer.

He IS interested but he’ll test the stuff on his own time.  Better tried and trued for a client AND he wants OUT of his Journeymanship.
Alright then. Though I'll still show him how and what cemet should be able to do over a week's time. Since it shouldn't take that much time out of his day and should be easy enough to do.

There is dead silence for a while...then one of the Jarls stands up and says,  “When the last Everchosen marched out of the North, my ancestors marched with him in his vanguard, not a one of them returned, leaving the women and children to suffer predation from the wild beasts, the unforgiving elements, and tribes that had been less harmed by the war of the south.  Since then we have recovered our strength, we are as great now as we ever were in the days before Kul, now another Everchosen is on the rise, and we will be forced once more to march south and once more the muscle and sinew of our people will be ripped apart into dead and bleeding tatters.  Well I WILL BE DAMNED BEFORE SUCH A THING WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!”

He draws his sword and cuts a line along his forearm, “By the blood of my ancestors you have my support wanderer.”

The other Jarls, warband leaders, and warriors also stand up and give their oaths as well.  Soon the entire region is rumbling with the cry of the Bjornlings calling for resistance to the dark in anyway they can.
Seeing the blood flow from those I would call battle brothers in the coming days. I to take a blade from one of them and draw it across my palm, freely letting the blood flow to join in their oath. Before speaking once again to all.

"Well my brothers of steel, valor and of blood, then it is decided. We will break the forces of chaos or pave our way to valhalla over the bodies of their broken trying. Though to see this through, we will need a leader. One we can all agree to bend knee to and serve in honor, to trust to lead us through the coming storm and beyond, to rise our people to the very heights they deserve and to be wise enough to know when words should be spoken and the bladed sheathed. So who will lead us in this venture and be the one we will call High King, lord of the north and leader of all our people?" I speak to those gathered here.

Then once our king is chosen, I speak once more to all gathered. "An so now that we have our leader, who will come with me to deny Chaos their supreme champion and to gut this storm before it even starts!?"

Last edited by Ironforge on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:50 am

Brian Boru wrote:They DO have cannons though their strategy is to try and outrun their attackers.  Unfortunately the angle of the pirate ship is going to prevent that.

Well then, the crew and passengers will get treated to the sight of a single person slaughtering an entire pirate ship by himself.

Well your crew stares in numb shock at your jump and although some of the pirates try to shoot you down before you can land...it doesn’t go all that well for them.

Heh, of course.

What follows is another bloodletting that leaves the deck coated in blood.  When you check under the deck, you find several women and children huddled together and shackled to the wall.  They pull back in terror of you with the children struggling to hide behind their mothers.

Making sure that there are no pirates nearby, I go to one knee, trying to be as non-threatening as possible, putting my weapons to the deck if need be. Keeping my hands in full view in a non-threatening manner... well, as non-threatening as possible for a blood soaked warrior. I speak with confidence and assurance towards the shackled women.

"I know that you probably won't believe me. But I am not here to harm you, the ship I was onboard is nearby, the pirates tried to attack it, unfortunately for them, I was onboard, and the pirates are dead, or at least all of them that faced me. I want to keep all of you safe, for that to happen I need you to stay calm and don't do anything foolish. I will break the shackles, but I need your word that you will not try to run or do anything foolish that will endanger everyone. I am not certain that all the pirates are dead yet, so I need your cooperation in this so that I can save all of you."

Carefully and softly I walk forward, reaching gently towards the least panicked or terrified of the women, hoping that such an example will calm the women down. I break open the shackle, making certain to keep from harming the women.

And with the help of the first women keeping the others calm, I carefully remove the shackles from each and every captive.

After that... well, I'll carefully sweep the ship and then go up to the deck along with the freed women and children and call for my ship so that we can all be taken from this ship.

Though, perhaps this ship can be a prize vessel to drag into port and sell. Of course, I'll loot some money if possible from the pirates, I'll probably need it sooner or later.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:08 am

"His jaws drop....then he smiles like a loon, “Sounds like something a man of your abilities should go after lad.”

"And being considered a dwarf friend on the level of Sigmar is also damned useful... after that I'm thinking of going on a long and enthusiastic walk..."

He puts his hand over the pommel of the sword almost defensively, you don’t make jokes like that with a Runefang.

"Saying I could, not that I would. Seriously man..."

“We’ll see what can be done.  First we need the head of the beast to parade around.”

"Start making plans... I will be back soon."

Sigmarite, but she’s SERIOUSLY thinking about shifting after what she’s seen.

Well, most people worship all the gods. Except the really dumbass Sigmarites.

Well it isn’t so much that they don’t know the layout of the caves, the problem is more they could clear the caves out daily and the next day a new herd of the bastards would move into them somewhere in the system.

"I'll collapse the entrances once I'm done."

Alright you head to the edge of the swamp and plow on in.  The scouts and the wizards doing their best to get through, some better than others.  Eventually you reach the general location of the Island.  Looking at the island after a jump you definitely see beast men wandering around the island though not nearly the 40,000 that rumor spoke of nor any giants, just around 400 beast men.  BUT what looks like Khazrak’s banner sits right in the middle with a big Beastlord is sitting nearby it who sure as hell looks like Khazrak from all the descriptions of him though SOMETHING feels off about this entire situation.

I find a nice high perch near the camp and look at them through the spy glass....

I also order the scouts to recon the perimeter looking for signs of mass movement.

If its legit I attack, if its not legit I spend 10 minutes slaughtering these idiots anyways, and continue on, bounding after the main army to see if I can catch Kazzy the Cock while he's running for his life.

The heads of course are to be taken... I'm sure a couple cart men and guards can handle that much without me holding their cocks for them.

I take the ax as well and hand it to the gold wizard, apologizing to him about the smell and asking for soap if he has any,  I feel so utterly foul right now.

This is a Dwarven Rune Axe, lad! It's beyond value...

And roll d100 for soap!

DAMMIT!  WHY CAN’T I GET CLEAN!?!?!?

Because you're covered from head to toe in Orc shit.

I nod to them but I comment, “While the Heldenhammer ‘might’ have been with me when I killed that Orc, it was praises to the Battle Lord of Wolves and Winter that were on my lips when I slew a hundred greenskins.  Think on that good folk and may the gods watch over you.”  Then I leave.

There's a awkward silence and some chatter while they move on, but the priest seems much happier.

I grimace and step back out.  “Sorry..that’s what you get you try to be dramatic and dive out of the sky like a hawk onto a mouse.  Then fail miserably with your aim and land right into their drop...does anyone have soap...PLEASE  I’m feeling just FOUL right now and I’m doubting that I’ll ever be clean again.”  I shiver like I had a fever.

She actually laughs and then looks over. "I was just saying. Remember, I work with corpses. They're not exactly roses."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:00 am

Ironforge wrote:Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron the Wanderer

Rune items:

Faction:
Clan Bjornlings

Leader:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer

Huscarls/House Guard

Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Retainers:

People:

Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8

Army:
-Axe and Board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:

Alright then. Though I'll still show him how and what cemet should be able to do over a week's time. Since it shouldn't take that much time out of his day and should be easy enough to do.

Like mentioned before QUITE interested but he'll get to it later.  The guy's a little one track minded at the moment.

Seeing the blood flow from those I would call battle brothers in the coming days. I to take a blade from one of them and draw it across my palm, freely letting the blood flow to join in their oath. Before speaking once again to all.

"Well my brothers of steel, valor and of blood, then it is decided. We will break the forces of chaos or pave our way to valhalla over the bodies of their broken trying. Though to see this through, we will need a leader. One we can all agree to bend knee to and serve in honor, to trust to lead us through the coming storm and beyond, to rise our people to the very heights they deserve and to be wise enough to know when words should be spoken and the bladed sheathed. So who will lead us in this venture and be the one we will call High King, lord of the north and leader of all our people?" I speak to those gathered here.

There is silence for a long while then all the camaraderie that seemed to have built up after your speech exploded into arguments, boasting, and insults,  fists were shaken and swords were rattled.  This might very well turn into a bloody brawl if something isn't done.

That is when Ingvar steps forward and hammers his ax-head into his shield until everyone shut up.

Once he got the quiet he desired, Ingvar spoke up, "Where is that camaraderie I saw aught but a heartbeat ago?  Where are the bloodoaths just given and are yet already given though the blood of the oaths yet flow?

He looks at each and everyone of the Jarls before he spits, "THAT is my opinion of each and everyone of you concerning you're worthiness as king."

He continues, "There is only one man worthy of that title, one man that has the might, the foresight, and the will to lead the Bjornlings.  The one who warned us of the oncoming tide of Chaos from the North.  The man who is worth ten thousand men."

He turns and kneels to you, presenting his ax in supplication, "HAIL CAMERON THE WANDERER  KING OF THE BJORNLINGS!"

There is silence then the other Jarls and warband leaders also take up the cry, "KING OF THE BJORNLINGS!  KING CAMERON!  KING WANDERER!"  and they kneel as well.

Making sure that there are no pirates nearby, I go to one knee, trying to be as non-threatening as possible, putting my weapons to the deck if need be. Keeping my hands in full view in a non-threatening manner... well, as non-threatening as possible for a blood soaked warrior. I speak with confidence and assurance towards the shackled women.

"I know that you probably won't believe me. But I am not here to harm you, the ship I was onboard is nearby, the pirates tried to attack it, unfortunately for them, I was onboard, and the pirates are dead, or at least all of them that faced me. I want to keep all of you safe, for that to happen I need you to stay calm and don't do anything foolish. I will break the shackles, but I need your word that you will not try to run or do anything foolish that will endanger everyone. I am not certain that all the pirates are dead yet, so I need your cooperation in this so that I can save all of you."

Carefully and softly I walk forward, reaching gently towards the least panicked or terrified of the women, hoping that such an example will calm the women down. I break open the shackle, making certain to keep from harming the women.

And with the help of the first women keeping the others calm, I carefully remove the shackles from each and every captive.

After that... well, I'll carefully sweep the ship and then go up to the deck along with the freed women and children and call for my ship so that we can all be taken from this ship.

Though, perhaps this ship can be a prize vessel to drag into port and sell. Of course, I'll loot some money if possible from the pirates, I'll probably need it sooner or later.

There is silence for a while, then slowly but surely the women relax as do their children and they allow you to free them.  They move like they have arthritis at first but they manage to get above deck.  Then after a sweep that reveals no one else on the ship, you signal the other ship that all is clear.  The merchant man pulls towards you cannons loaded.  But once they see you, the freed captives, and the dead pirates, they relax and allow the captives to climb aboard.  The captain of the merchant man stares in awe, "Mannan's trident lad...how did you do that?"

Now what to do with the captives, they can't stay forever on the ship, and Kyra puts her foot down on taking them with you on your quest...so what to do?

"And being considered a dwarf friend on the level of Sigmar is also damned useful... after that I'm thinking of going on a long and enthusiastic walk..."

He gives you a look when you say that.  He kinda needs ya.

"Saying I could, not that I would. Seriously man..."

He relaxes a hair.

Well, most people worship all the gods. Except the really dumbass Sigmarites.

She was a Reiklander, cut her some slack!

"I'll collapse the entrances once I'm done."

"All of them?"

I find a nice high perch near the camp and look at them through the spy glass....

In a swamp?

I also order the scouts to recon the perimeter looking for signs of mass movement.

Nothing of note just regular ungor and gors shuffling around from food to fire to females and back to food.  They've never seen such lethargic beastmen before.

If its legit I attack, if its not legit I spend 10 minutes slaughtering these idiots anyways, and continue on, bounding after the main army to see if I can catch Kazzy the Cock while he's running for his life.

The heads of course are to be taken... I'm sure a couple cart men and guards can handle that much without me holding their cocks for them.

Well after some VERY careful looking, you decide that this is a decoy.  The others are stunned, Khazrak is a clever bastard, that's been known for years...but this...this is unreal...

Either way the band is quickly wiped out and you hurtle your way mini-hulk style after the likely general direction of the one eye.  It's at the stretch of road where the Northern Road goes through the swamp that you catch up to Khazrak's horde busy mucking their way over the road and into the swamp so they can hide in the thinly populated part of South Central Nordland.  Humans are few and the Wood Elves' hold is damn week, from there he hopes to swing west into the forest of Shadows and disappear into it's depths.  It's closer to 12,000 massive but not the unholy monstrosity that rumor had spoke of.  There standing in the road is the one eye, you're utterly sure of it this time.  But surrounding him are at least 20 bray shaman and 4 herdstones of massive size and all of them look ready to let loose a spell and look who showed up.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe[/quote]

This is a Dwarven Rune Axe, lad! It's beyond value...

I am silent for a while then I speak, "You know better than anyone else that I have an as good or better ax already....having another work of beauty like this, one that couldn't be properly used, would be a crime...Is there anyway to identify what clan this ax belonged to and if it can be eventually returned?  If not then I guess I can save it as a gift.

And roll d100 for soap!

Because you're covered from head to toe in Orc shit.

...no one likes a smart ass man 8p

There's a awkward silence and some chatter while they move on, but the priest seems much happier.

I smirk at him and ask, "How was that?  Think they'll remember that one?"

She actually laughs and then looks over. "I was just saying. Remember, I work with corpses. They're not exactly roses."

"True...but I'm sure you don't want me to sit next to you with this foulness for the next gods know how long.  Besides I don't want to ruin the nice carriage.  So I guess you have more leg room until I can find some DAMN SOAP!"

With that I turn to hopefully clean myself, or endure it until the time comes that I CAN bathe.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:00 am

The member 'Brian Boru' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 23

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:28 am

He gives you a look when you say that.  He kinda needs ya.

"I intend to clear out at least one overrun Dwarf Hold... I hear there's this massive underground road that's been overtake by goblins and ratmen. I intend to walk the entire length..."

Alucard Style, motherfuckers. Smile

She was a Reiklander, cut her some slack!

Fine fine...

"All of them?"

"Draw me a map."

In a swamp?

It's called a "Tree"

Nothing of note just regular ungor and gors shuffling around from food to fire to females and back to food.  They've never seen such lethargic beastmen before.

Ah. The whole "So this is it, we're going to die" thing...."

Either way the band is quickly wiped out and you hurtle your way mini-hulk style after the likely general direction of the one eye.  It's at the stretch of road where the Northern Road goes through the swamp that you catch up to Khazrak's horde busy mucking their way over the road and into the swamp so they can hide in the thinly populated part of South Central Nordland.  Humans are few and the Wood Elves' hold is damn week, from there he hopes to swing west into the forest of Shadows and disappear into it's depths.

Too slow! Too slow chicken marengo! Too slow for this Cat! Very Happy

It's closer to 12,000 massive but not the unholy monstrosity that rumor had spoke of.

NO! ALL OF THAT GOLD I WON'T EARN!"

There standing in the road is the one eye, you're utterly sure of it this time.  But surrounding him are at least 20 bray shaman and 4 herdstones of massive size and all of them look ready to let loose a spell and look who showed up.

Well, I need to disrupt them quickly. The mages are to throw up counter spelling while I do a quick attack. I land behind one eye and clap as hard as I can to cause a massive sonic boom... then its MURDER TIME FUN TIME!

I kill the shamans, break every bone in the one eyes body, hit the herd stones with my axe and sword to make them blow, throw them at the rest of her herd, and jump him back to the carts. I will quickly, and literally NAIL him  to the bottom of one of the carts using SPIKES to keep him from moving with weapons kept on him at very moment... and a wizard standing over the body ready to vape him from the neck down if his shattered form so much as twitches in a way they dislike.

I'm sure Boris will LOVE to have the beast king brought to him... ALIVE! Imagine that! His crucified body being taken to the center of town where it's burned before the temple of Ulric! Very Happy

Then its back off to the slaughter... I want to kill as many as possible, starting with the big ones... the small ones will of course make convenient ammo. Sonic boom clapping and hulk ground stomping will be used liberally and I let loose with my axe and sword.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe

I am silent for a while then I speak, "You know better than anyone else that I have an as good or better ax already....having another work of beauty like this, one that couldn't be properly used, would be a crime...Is there anyway to identify what clan this ax belonged to and if it can be eventually returned?  If not then I guess I can save it as a gift.

"I'm sure there's a short, bearded bloke out there who'd declare you an honorary brother for returning it. And its only a single, simple rune anyway... hold onto it as there will soon be a visitor who could see it returned..."

And roll d100 for soap!

Cosmina informs you that as they work around the dead, the Priesthood of Morr are absolutely fastidious. Little is it known that they all but control the soap making guilds...  Wink

She likes the rose scented! And she has a number of bars.

...no one likes a smart ass man 8p

Cry me a river...

I smirk at him and ask, "How was that?  Think they'll remember that one?"

"I hope so."

"True...but I'm sure you don't want me to sit next to you with this foulness for the next gods know how long.

"You're very considerate. Bathe." she thrusts soap into your hands. "Now."

Besides I don't want to ruin the nice carriage.  So I guess you have more leg room until I can find some DAMN SOAP!"

With that I turn to hopefully clean myself, or endure it until the time comes that I CAN bathe.

You order a bath stop. There is a bath stop...

Rollanother d100

Last edited by Psyckosama on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:34 am

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Coin: 40 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

Brian Boru wrote:alright.

He bids you a safe trip.

Alright then. He still appreciates the gifts.

You manage to find most of what you’re looking for. 10 g even for all the stuff.

Then you head to the Manor of the Elector count. When you enter the hall you find yourself looking at a large and fierce looking man with a bow that looks like it could shoot a dragon out of the air across his lap. His black locks and black eyes make him look grim in the dim light of the throne room. He looks up at you and grunts out, “So you are the one that destroyed an entire Marauder army and save 100 virgin maiden single handedly are you? Tell me what was the real story I’m rather curious to be honest.”

I laugh. "It would seem that Rumor can travel around the world, before Truth can get it's boots on. It was only two hundred men, that had already been beaten by Baron Heintz and the Nobles of Kislev's armies. I was lucky, I had surprise and the tactical advantage. And pair of good Rune Weapons. Which is always helpful. As for the maidens, there was only forty of them. And unfortunately, I was to slow to get there in time for some of them to keep their chastity. I am just a man My lord. And just like many men, I still lack what I need to save everyone."

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King (FUCK)

Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Vassals:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King

Retainers:

People:

Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8

Army:
-Axe and Board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:

Like mentioned before QUITE interested but he'll get to it later.  The guy's a little one track minded at the moment.
Damn Dwarf one mindedness. Razz

There is silence for a long while then all the camaraderie that seemed to have built up after your speech exploded into arguments, boasting, and insults,  fists were shaken and swords were rattled.  This might very well turn into a bloody brawl if something isn't done.
Thor damn it, I should have know things would have turned out like that. Well it looks like I'll need to......wait why is my Jarl walking out there?

That is when Ingvar steps forward and hammers his ax-head into his shield until everyone shut up.

Once he got the quiet he desired, Ingvar spoke up, "Where is that camaraderie I saw aught but a heartbeat ago?  Where are the bloodoaths just given and are yet already given though the blood of the oaths yet flow?

He looks at each and everyone of the Jarls before he spits, "THAT is my opinion of each and everyone of you concerning you're worthiness as king."

He continues, "There is only one man worthy of that title, one man that has the might, the foresight, and the will to lead the Bjornlings.  The one who warned us of the oncoming tide of Chaos from the North.  The man who is worth ten thousand men."
Ah finally, thank Ulric for my Jarl's sense and honor is all this. Now he'll just talk some sense into them all and we'll pick a king. An then we can all decide who should go kick the Everchosen in the balls.

Wait, he is not going where I think he is going there. Crap he is going there. No, I'm just imaging things here, there is no way he would do what I think he is going to do right? By that is holy Ulric, you won't let that happen right?

He turns and kneels to you, presenting his ax in supplication, "HAIL CAMERON THE WANDERER  KING OF THE BJORNLINGS!"

There is silence then the other Jarls and warband leaders also take up the cry, "KING OF THE BJORNLINGS!  KING CAMERON!  KING WANDERER!"  and they kneel as well.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. You damn you Ulric! Why couldn't you just let me make the world a better place by killing evil shit? Why are you making me a thrice be damned king you Bastard? I hope you choke on that laugh you frosty wolf bastard.

Well fuck this is really happening isn't. Well I guess I got to face the music here, as if I say no here I don't even want to think about what kind of chaos will come from this. Then shaking my head to clear all those fouls thoughts and curses to Ulric the laughing bastard. I try to look as regal as possible and address my new people.

"You honor me beyond words with your trust and faith my Jarls and Chiefs. An I'll make sure to honor such trust with my actions in the coming times. But sadly we do not have the time to give this honor the respect it deserves, as we have much to do and not much time to do it before the time of the storm comes for us all. So for now, rise and make ready for we have much work to do."

Then once everyone has risen to their feet, I turn to Jarl Igvar. "Jarl Igvar for your action in calming the Jarls and Chiefs gathered here and the wisdom to united them under one choice. I ask of you my friend to be my adviser and left hand in all matters. As I'll need your wisdom and experience in the coming times." Then after he accepts. "So my friend, I will need a right hand to go with my left. So who would you suggest to be my general and lead our armies and men on the field of honor and Valor?"

Then after that is dealt with, I turn to the others. "Now that I have both my right and left hand, I ask the rest of you to spread would to the other clans of the south that we can trust to draw steel against the coming storm and tell them to come here in 3 months time. So that we can join together under one banner and end this blight to our people once and for all. An each of you bring your best warrior during our next meeting. As those are the ones I will bring with me on my journey to claim the last item of chaos and destroy it so that chaos may never have their Everchosen again. So go my people, prepare and ready for war like no other you will ever see. As Chaos is coming and we will not be found wanting."

Then turning to Igvar while we leave and make ready to head home. "Igvar, let us head home my friend, we have much to do and plan for." An while on the way back I talk with him about setting up another trip to see the dwarfs, so that I can set up a alliance with them between our people as a whole. As well as talk about designs for a flag for our people and who should make it.

Last edited by Ironforge on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:15 am; edited 7 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:56 am

Brian Boru wrote:There is silence for a while, then slowly but surely the women relax as do their children and they allow you to free them.  They move like they have arthritis at first but they manage to get above deck.  Then after a sweep that reveals no one else on the ship, you signal the other ship that all is clear.  The merchant man pulls towards you cannons loaded.  But once they see you, the freed captives, and the dead pirates, they relax and allow the captives to climb aboard.  The captain of the merchant man stares in awe, "Mannan's trident lad...how did you do that?"

"I was fortunate to have inherited my strength from my father. And grow up learning skill at arms." I stated. Simple, but humble.

Now what to do with the captives, they can't stay forever on the ship, and Kyra puts her foot down on taking them with you on your quest...so what to do?

Hm... this is a conundrum. Where are they from? If they are from a coastal area, then perhaps the captain can be paid via whatever loot from the pirate ship there is plus the pirate's ship itself, which if it is sold should fetch a fair sum, after some scrubbing and cleaning of course. The captain and his crew can get their fair sum of the loot, but the women should get enough to give them a decent start back home where ever it may be. And of course I'll have a small bit to fund our quest.

But as long as the captives are transported home and wont starve I'm happy. I want them to have a good chance of rebuilding their lives.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:22 am

"I intend to clear out at least one overrun Dwarf Hold... I hear there's this massive underground road that's been overtake by goblins and ratmen. I intend to walk the entire length..."

Alucard Style, motherfuckers. Smile

He just stares and stares...

"Draw me a map."

Done.

It's called a "Tree"

Point.

Ah. The whole "So this is it, we're going to die" thing...."

Point.

Well, I need to disrupt them quickly. The mages are to throw up counter spelling while I do a quick attack. I land behind one eye and clap as hard as I can to cause a massive sonic boom... then its MURDER TIME FUN TIME!

I kill the shamans, break every bone in the one eyes body, hit the herd stones with my axe and sword to make them blow, throw them at the rest of her herd, and jump him back to the carts. I will quickly, and literally NAIL him  to the bottom of one of the carts using SPIKES to keep him from moving with weapons kept on him at very moment... and a wizard standing over the body ready to vape him from the neck down if his shattered form so much as twitches in a way they dislike.

I'm sure Boris will LOVE to have the beast king brought to him... ALIVE! Imagine that! His crucified body being taken to the center of town where it's burned before the temple of Ulric! Very Happy

By sheer luck and the fact that the wizards will have stitches and leg for hours you manage to get close enough to the shaman and their stones to ruin them.  Khazrak is too busy staring agog at your destruction to be able to react to your thunderclap and by then it's too late.  

Then its back off to the slaughter... I want to kill as many as possible, starting with the big ones... the small ones will of course make convenient ammo. Sonic boom clapping and hulk ground stomping will be used liberally and I let loose with my axe and sword.

Following dealing with the one-eye, the Incinerator Bright wizard has his eyes and staff set on him, and lobbing the herdstones like gigantic grenades caused the herd to break like an egg and they scatter to the 4 winds.  Not that it does them much good.  When the dust settles all but maybe 100 of Khazrak's herd lie dead in the swamp.  Khazrak is nailed to a cart, and you have accomplished one of the greatest deeds in human history.  The men begin to break into a cheer, "SLAPPY! SLAPPY! SLAPPY!"

But it seems that the cheering was too soon because the wind begins to pick up, the wizards start screaming, eldritch lightning begins to crackle, and all the blood from the fight is beginning to coalesce into something horrible.

"I'm sure there's a short, bearded bloke out there who'd declare you an honorary brother for returning it. And its only a single, simple rune anyway... hold onto it as there will soon be a visitor who could see it returned..."

I nod, very well.

Cosmina informs you that as they work around the dead, the Priesthood of Morr are absolutely fastidious. Little is it known that they all but control the soap making guilds...  Wink

She likes the rose scented! And she has a number of bars.

I stare at her like she's an oasis in the middle of a desert, "You wonderful, wonderful woman...."

"I hope so."

I shrug, "We'll see."

"You're very considerate. Bathe." she thrusts soap into your hands. "Now."

I take it with a smile and hunt for the nearest body of water I can find.  Then when I find it, if deep enough I dive head first into it.

You order a bath stop. There is a bath stop...

Roll another d100

alright.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:22 am

The member 'Brian Boru' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 3

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:48 am

He just stares and stares...

"What?"

Done.

On the way back I'll smash some shit.

By sheer luck and the fact that the wizards will have stitches and leg for hours you manage to get close enough to the shaman and their stones to ruin them.  Khazrak is too busy staring agog at your destruction to be able to react to your thunderclap and by then it's too late.  

Ker-Splat!

Following dealing with the one-eye, the Incinerator Bright wizard has his eyes and staff set on him, and lobbing the herdstones like gigantic grenades caused the herd to break like an egg and they scatter to the 4 winds.  Not that it does them much good.  When the dust settles all but maybe 100 of Khazrak's herd lie dead in the swamp.  Khazrak is nailed to a cart, and you have accomplished one of the greatest deeds in human history.

Time to go home!

Though I will take a moment to smash some caves. Smile

The men begin to break into a cheer, "SLAPPY! SLAPPY! SLAPPY!"

Fuck you dude... his name is not Slappy!

But it seems that the cheering was too soon because the wind begins to pick up, the wizards start screaming, eldritch lightning begins to crackle, and all the blood from the fight is beginning to coalesce into something horrible.

I grin like a maniac and plant both axes in its head, wreathed in ice and fire before it can fully form.

"REPENT MOTHERFUCKER!"

It takes time to form... I'm hacking in a berserk fury before it can fully form.

I nod, very well.

He grins.

I stare at her like she's an oasis in the middle of a desert, "You wonderful, wonderful woman...."

"I hope so."

I shrug, "We'll see."

I take it with a smile and hunt for the nearest body of water I can find.  Then when I find it, if deep enough I dive head first into it.

You find a small stream and jump in and start wildly scrubbing down...

When you surface you see Cosmina looking at you amused. "I thought you'd need someone to wash your clothes... and considering how filthy you are, you probably will need someone to wash your back...

She smiles. "Allow me..."

And drops her ropes and... great googly moogly!

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 9 B9x6dRI

Last edited by Psyckosama on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:50 am

Joining up then if afterthought's getting the axe due to inactivity....

2d10 = 4, 7

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:13 am

"What?"

He shakes his head, nothing.

On the way back I'll smash some shit.

Noted

Time to go home!

Though I will take a moment to smash some caves. Smile

Right

Fuck you dude... his name is not Slappy!

Then pick one heh heh

I grin like a maniac and plant both axes in its head, wreathed in ice and fire before it can fully form.

"REPENT MOTHERFUCKER!"

It takes time to form... I'm hacking in a berserk fury before it can fully form.

You hack and hack and hack again, your blades biting deep into the flesh of the trying to appear bloodthirster of Khorne, if the occasional sight of wings, bull horns, or massive ax are any sign.  Finally, with a rumbling roar of frustration, the form collapses and disappears again, leaving the stinking swamp where it was before with ALL the dead bodies around.  Checking your troops your wizards are dazed but you think they'll be alright though that means your Khazrak under glass is going to have a spot of trouble pulling through.

He grins.

I smile back and I'm on my way.

You find a small stream and jump in and start wildly scrubbing down...

CLEAN!  CLEAN!  MUST BE CLEAN some slight maddened giggling.

When you surface you see Cosmina looking at you amused. "I thought you'd need someone to wash your clothes... and considering how filthy you are, you probably will need someone to wash your back...

I stare for a moment, "Ummm...."

She smiles. "Allow me..."

And drops her ropes and... great googly moogly!

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 9 B9x6dRI

I stare like a poleaxed bull being set up for the slaughter and frankly not caring if I look like an idiot.  I'd known she'd been a pretty girl but goddam...The bar of soap is held very loosely in my hand.  I finally shake the cobwebs out of my head and smile and say, "Please step in m'lady, the water feels wonderful." Gesturing welcome like a Maiter d' for her to come in and join me.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:27 am

He shakes his head, nothing.

"I need to establish a large legend..."

Then pick one heh heh

I'll sleep on it.

You hack and hack and hack again, your blades biting deep into the flesh of the trying to appear bloodthirster of Khorne, if the occasional sight of wings, bull horns, or massive ax are any sign.  Finally, with a rumbling roar of frustration, the form collapses and disappears again, leaving the stinking swamp where it was before with ALL the dead bodies around.  Checking your troops your wizards are dazed but you think they'll be alright though that means your Khazrak under glass is going to have a spot of trouble pulling through.

I force a couple healing potions down his gullet. If he refuses to open his mouth I give his gentles a good squeeze to loosen it up.

So, how does Boris react when we get home... with the Beastlord ALIVE for public humiliation?

His gear and any other dark artifacts are of course thrown in a lead lined cart box for transport and disposal.

CLEAN!  CLEAN!  MUST BE CLEAN some slight maddened giggling.

This soap really hits the spot...

I stare for a moment, "Ummm...."

Coy smile.

I stare like a poleaxed bull being set up for the slaughter and frankly not caring if I look like an idiot.  I'd known she'd been a pretty girl but goddam...The bar of soap is held very loosely in my hand.  I finally shake the cobwebs out of my head and smile and say, "Please step in m'lady, the water feels wonderful."  Gesturing welcome like a Maiter d' for her to come in and join me.

She undresses to bathe and walks over to you and gently takes it from your hands. "Turn around..."

And starts to scrub your back, then presses herself up against you. "I like you Skaren," she all but purrs. "Do you like me?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:41 am

"I need to establish a large legend..."

"I think you shall."

I force a couple healing potions down his gullet. If he refuses to open his mouth I give his gentles a good squeeze to loosen it up.

You manage to force them down his throat.  He heals, just enough to become stabilized.

So, how does Boris react when we get home... with the Beastlord ALIVE for public humiliation?

Well he's awed...and overjoyed, in fact the entire city is ecstatic.  People are cheering wildly for the hero of the Drakwald, the Beastman Slayer, Hail (Name)!  When Boris finally see's Khazrak, the two recognize each other instantly, the two eyes of some of the most powerful beings in the North of the Empire glare at each other for what feels like an eternity.  Then finally they look away from each other.  Seemingly satisfied, Boris turns to you.  "So...he was your capture, what do you wish done with him?"

His gear and any other dark artifacts are of course thrown in a lead lined cart box for transport and disposal.

There is some nasty shit there.

This soap really hits the spot...

Nice

Coy smile.

GACK!

She undresses to bathe and walks over to you and gently takes it from your hands. "Turn around..."

My eyes don't leave her until she gives me the command.  Then I do so quite calmly.  I get down on one knee so she can reach my back more easily.

And starts to scrub your back, then presses herself up against you. "I like you Skaren," she all but purrs. "Do you like me?"

My back stiffens for all of an instant from the sudden sensation before relaxing and enjoying the ride.  I grin, "I've hoped you'd say that."  As to her second question, "Yes...Quite a bit."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:51 am

"I think you shall."

"Thank you..."

You manage to force them down his throat.  He heals, just enough to become stabilized.

Goodie...

Well he's awed...and overjoyed, in fact the entire city is ecstatic.

Huge ass parade where countless heads are carried through the city then?

People are cheering wildly for the hero of the Drakwald, the Beastman Slayer, Hail (Name)!

I'm friendly, I'm polite, and I am gracious to everyone..."

When Boris finally see's Khazrak, the two recognize each other instantly, the two eyes of some of the most powerful beings in the North of the Empire glare at each other for what feels like an eternity.  Then finally they look away from each other.  Seemingly satisfied, Boris turns to you.  "So...he was your capture, what do you wish done with him?"

"You put your bounty on his head, and I have brought it to you. His life on the other hand is my personal gift to you. He is yours to do with as you will, m'lord..."

There is some nasty shit there.

I talk to the priests and offer to break it with my axe.

My eyes don't leave her until she gives me the command.  Then I do so quite calmly.  I get down on one knee so she can reach my back more easily.

She has very strong hands... and knows just where to... scrub...

My back stiffens for all of an instant from the sudden sensation before relaxing and enjoying the ride.  I grin, "I've hoped you'd say that."  As to her second question, "Yes...Quite a bit."

"Protect me... care for me... treat me right... Just say yes and I will be yours until death."

Assuming you say yes... she really knows how to treat a man and seems to enjoy it very much herself...

You make it back to the coatch several hours later.

The Priest seems annoyed but the men look damned amused. Cosmina seems to be very very very tired and needed to be carried. Difficulty walking you see...

Now, onto Middenheim!

One more dice roll.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:28 am

Vargr Skarin

Amazingly you don’t run into any other trouble as you traverse the width of Brionne, in fact, the journey is almost idyllic in nature.

Dun dun duuuuuuuun.

Then you arrive at the castle of the Duke of Brionne. When you’re questioned at the gates, it takes the men-at-arms there to realize that it is the young lord Mortimer, they allow the young man through as well as you thinking you’re some companion he picked up when he was on his way for a surprise visit.

Which is pretty much accurate, really.

You enter into a side structure and up a flight of stairs, at the top of the stairs is a solid oak door. Mortimer breaths, then knocks on the door. An older male voice calls out, “Come in.” Mortimer nervously opens the door. Sitting at a desk, looking over several missives is an older version of Mortimer. “Son...what brings you home so early? And dressed so?” Then he looks at you and your clothing his eyes narrow and he says, “And who is this?”

You want Mortimer to handle this one or do you?

Mort's got this one, I think. I'm sort of wondering why I'm even in here rather than waiting somewhere outside. Moral support, I'm guessing?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:10 pm

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Coin: 40 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

I laugh. "It would seem that Rumor can travel around the world, before Truth can get it's boots on. It was only two hundred men, that had already been beaten by Baron Heintz and the Nobles of Kislev's armies. I was lucky, I had surprise and the tactical advantage. And pair of good Rune Weapons. Which is always helpful. As for the maidens, there was only forty of them. And unfortunately, I was to slow to get there in time for some of them to keep their chastity. I am just a man My lord. And just like many men, I still lack what I need to save everyone."

He smirks a bit, "True very true."  He listens carefully to what you tell him.  Interest is very clear on his face.  When you finish he nods, "Just a man.  But a man with some VERY interesting news from the north.  I heard what Heintz told me but I would rather hear it from your own mouth."

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King (FUCK)

Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Vassals:
Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King

Retainers:

People:

Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8

Army:
-Axe and Board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:

Damn Dwarf one mindedness. Razz

heh

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. You damn you Ulric! Why couldn't you just let me make the world a better place by killing evil shit? Why are you making me a thrice be damned king you Bastard? I hope you choke on that laugh you frosty wolf bastard.

Well fuck this is really happening isn't. Well I guess I got to face the music here, as if I say no here I don't even want to think about what kind of chaos will come from this. Then shaking my head to clear all those fouls thoughts and curses to Ulric the laughing bastard. I try to look as regal as possible and address my new people.

"You honor me beyond words with your trust and faith my Jarls and Chiefs. An I'll make sure to honor such trust with my actions in the coming times. But sadly we do not have the time to give this honor the respect it deserves, as we have much to do and not much time to do it before the time of the storm comes for us all. So for now, rise and make ready for we have much work to do."

They cheer and rise as one.

Then once everyone has risen to their feet, I turn to Jarl Igvar. "Jarl Igvar for your action in calming the Jarls and Chiefs gathered here and the wisdom to united them under one choice. I ask of you my friend to be my adviser and left hand in all matters. As I'll need your wisdom and experience in the coming times." Then after he accepts. "So my friend, I will need a right hand to go with my left. So who would you suggest to be my general and lead our armies and men on the field of honor and Valor?"

Ingvar is more than a little surprised at you singling him out like that, but he comes to your side as you ask him.  He then points out that as a battle commander the best among them is Ulf Skullcracker.  A lean wild looking fellow armed with a heavy spear.  He accepts the offer with decorum you wouldn't expect from a Norscan.

Then after that is dealt with, I turn to the others. "Now that I have both my right and left hand, I ask the rest of you to spread would to the other clans of the south that we can trust to draw steel against the coming storm and tell them to come here in 3 months time. So that we can join together under one banner and end this blight to our people once and for all. An each of you bring your best warrior during our next meeting. As those are the ones I will bring with me on my journey to claim the last item of chaos and destroy it so that chaos may never have their Everchosen again. So go my people, prepare and ready for war like no other you will ever see. As Chaos is coming and we will not be found wanting."

They take heed to this and several days later the clan leaders break up to head to their various homes.

Then turning to Igvar while we leave and make ready to head home. "Igvar, let us head home my friend, we have much to do and plan for." An while on the way back I talk with him about setting up another trip to see the dwarfs, so that I can set up a alliance with them between our people as a whole. As well as talk about designs for a flag for our people and who should make it.

Indeed there is much to do.  First off you'll need to expand your hall.  Urist has been doing excellent work but he's only one dwarf and with the full authority and the wealth of the Bjornlings to offer you SHOULD be able to get something bigger that could act as your hall.

As for a banner, well considering Olric is sometimes known as the white wolf... You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 9 Wolf-head

As you travel across the forests and hills back home, your band comes across a gigantic set of tracks.  It seems that that Mammoth bull is somewhere in this area.

Hm... this is a conundrum. Where are they from? If they are from a coastal area, then perhaps the captain can be paid via whatever loot from the pirate ship there is plus the pirate's ship itself, which if it is sold should fetch a fair sum, after some scrubbing and cleaning of course. The captain and his crew can get their fair sum of the loot, but the women should get enough to give them a decent start back home where ever it may be. And of course I'll have a small bit to fund our quest.

But as long as the captives are transported home and wont starve I'm happy. I want them to have a good chance of rebuilding their lives.

When you talk with the women, they tell you that most of them were from the coastal part of Ostland while one one of them is a merchant's wife from Marienburg.  She'd be willing to take the other women along with their children if you could assure her safety until you reach the city.  She also promises to reward you for rescuing her.

ReinZero wrote:Joining up then if afterthought's getting the axe due to inactivity....

2d10 = 4, 7

You come to in the depths of a dark forest, looking around you see huge trees growing as far as the eye can see, the sound of birds can be heard as well as the rustling of small animals but as far as you can tell, you are completely alone.  If you examine the ground a little harder, you think you can see a small game trail heading into the woods a few paces away from where you woke up.

Huge ass parade where countless heads are carried through the city then?

Huge ass parade with heads.  People wonder HOW you did it, but since no one in the expedition breathes a word of your strength the conjectures of how it was done range the spectrum from shockingly accurate to so insanely bizarre you bust a gut laughing, really army of giant attack chipmunks?

I'm friendly, I'm polite, and I am gracious to everyone..."

And they love you for it.

"You put your bounty on his head, and I have brought it to you. His life on the other hand is my personal gift to you. He is yours to do with as you will, m'lord..."

He's silent for a while then he draws his Runefang sword and places the point of it over the beast's heart.  They stare each other in the eye for a moment again then Boris says, "Not how I expected this to end is it?"

The beastman actually laughs then barks out, "No...not what think would happen..."

Then Boris drives the sword home and Khazrak stops twitching after a few minutes.

I talk to the priests and offer to break it with my axe.

"OUTSIDE OF THE CITY!"

She has very strong hands... and knows just where to... scrub...

NIIIIIICCCCCEEEE!!!

"Protect me... care for me... treat me right... Just say yes and I will be yours until death."

I think on that one for all of a minute before I spin around pick her up and kiss her, "How does that answer you."

Assuming you say yes... she really knows how to treat a man and seems to enjoy it very much herself...

Heh heh

You make it back to the coach several hours later.

NIIIICCCCEEEE!

The Priest seems annoyed but the men look damned amused. Cosmina seems to be very very very tired and needed to be carried. Difficulty walking you see...

Heh heh heh

Now, onto Middenheim!

One more dice roll.

okay.

Mort's got this one, I think. I'm sort of wondering why I'm even in here rather than waiting somewhere outside. Moral support, I'm guessing?

Mort sighs and turns and explains to his father what happened at that castle where you first spotted him.  His...dalliance with his host's daughter, his flight, his running into you, his race with you, the point where you killed seven men with your bare hands, and your calm ride since then.  

Mort's father's face turn's darker and darker until he looks like a thunderstorm about to break.  Then he starts breathing heavily under his nose and he turns to you for a moment and in a short clipped tone says, "Leave. Now."

If you do the moment you close the door, you're nearly knocked off your feet from the sound of the elder Bretonnian ripping into his son verbally.  It is a long and epic verbal beat down of the young man's stupidity, lack of control, and talks about how the boy has the lust of a Slaneeshi cultist from Estalia!

It sounds like this might go of for a while.  Do you wish to go elsewhere until it's over?

Last edited by Brian Boru on Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next