Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:41 am

Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 10157g 16s (10,000 more owed)

He looks at you...then nods, anyone with something that insane of a boast is either mad or they're telling the truth.  So...what do you want to know about these runes?

"It's not what I want to know, it's what you want to learn."

He studies it, amazed at the runes carved into the thing...He mutters, squinting with one eye, then the other, then running his fingers over the runes.... “Yes I think I can.”

I smile. "I'm pleased to hear that. I'll let you look at the axe and sword for the night... and you can feel free to call in everyone you can find to aid in the examination, I don't mind, but I'm still using them."

The king is silent for a long while seeming to take in all that you said to him.  “Lad, that was very well said.  And it seems that you have a bit of the dreamer in ye, that's rare, very rare in this world.  Most times it's battered out of someone before their milk teeth fall out, if they ever had it.  You, you've somehow kept that.  Hold onto that lad, hold it tight and be ready to fight hard, and you'll go very far indeed.”

I nod. "To that I would be willing to swear an oath."

You continue to drink with amiable companionship for a while before the two of you go to bed.  Anything you want to say or do?

I just sit in comfort with good company and mention in passing that one day I may ask for some favors returned. I have some long term plans that I believe in the end would benefit everyone. Though before that I hope to kill most of the orcs in Black Crag.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Lord of a part of the Drakwald
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 7029 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style.

“Will this work?”

http://windsofchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/maps/fullcol/Middenland-full-chuck.jpg

Draw a circle around the word "Drakwald". I wasn't kidding when Isaid the middle of the forest.

If that's the worst that happens then fuck 'em they ain't ruining our night so I just ignore them.  Unless they specifically ask about me, I'll tell them I did a favor and now I'm celebrating a job well done.  Nothing more, nothing less.While I dine I tell Cosmina that before we move in to our new holdings  I might need to do some extermination.

Some = A whole lot

I tell her that I'm going to be doing some beast hunting.  I'll be gone for exactly a month before I come back and take her with me.  In the meantime I'm trusting her with my money to prepare to set up a new holding in the Drakwald.  Buy what you think we might need, ask folks for advice.  Consider  it practice for being a lady of the house.  “You think you'll be alright?”

"I'll be fine..."

Then we head to the new housing that the Graf set up for us to spend the night.

She almost squees!

The next day I'll see both the Graf and the Ar-Ulric if there's anything else they need of me before I prepare to head out for my reaving.

Will you be needing help? Conventional troops, workers, religious zealots?

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Well, time to kill off the pursuit. I'll leave this knight to Kyra's care and then rush out to face the pursuers. Unsheathing my weapons I'll make quick work of the goblins. Making sure none of them get away. I do however try to keep a few Giant Wolves alive, they may be useful if I can make them submit to me. In any case, time for another slaughter.

Nothing green lives, all 20 of them.  A couple of wolves on the other hand you manage to spare.  They're frankly too terrified to fight.

After the bloody work is done, I'll head over to the knight and question him about what happened and where the rest of the procession is.

Once he's lucid for questioning, he tells you that a giant swarm of goblin riders descended on the procession a few hours ago.  The knights fought like demons but they were eventually overrun and the rest of them were killed with the young ladies being taken into the mountains, most likely taken for a stewpot later on.

After the questioning, we'll set out to rescue any survivors. Oh, and make sure to give the knight as best care we can, don't want him dying on us.

Kyra does excellent work and the knight is stabilized.  Once that's taken care of you head out off to find the young lady.  

Roll d100 for finding the tracks.  

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 33 gold, 16 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves,  brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle, metal nets.
Items: Well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, climbing gear, rope and grapple, stocked supply cart and horses.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Elector Count
Comrades: Piet(ten year old), 23 giant wolves(15 females, 11 male)

Yeah that guy is definitely worth the money.

Continue down the cliff, and join up with the rest of them. After that, ask the hunters whether we need to leave in order to preserve the eggs, or whether we can continue hunting.

Well if you intend to sell them for hopeful mounts then you'll need to head out. Now.  

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 7 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 600 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,510

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 600
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100
Total: 600

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Man, I love how super strength makes fishing a breeze. An with this river here I should have a much easier time getting back home or at least to another town or village. As places like that generally crop up around a river like this or if I don't luck out that way at least it will lead me to the coast, which would help in finding a coastal port.

So yeah, I'm going be sticking to this river and following it out to the coast towards home. An while traveling this way I'll bath, drink and eat my fill day in and day out to help speed up my recovery, so that hopefully in a few days I can be up for some running again. Though through out my entire time traveling by river side, I make sure to be on the look out for signs of other people in the area. So that if I can spot some, I can deal with them and hopefully maybe get some better directions or get told where I am and how much further I need to go to get home.

Roll a d100

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

Insert Yet Another Not-NZ Travel Montage. Still with actual horse (thankyou Mort).

The ride through Brionne goes well enough but the moment that you enter the province of Aquitaine to the north you hear the sound of combat clashing to the North.

Psyckosama wrote:Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)

I smile. "I'm pleased to hear that. I'll let you look at the axe and sword for the night... and you can feel free to call in everyone you can find to aid in the  examination, I don't mind, but I'm still using them."

The moment you say that he smiles and says, “DEAL!”  You have to make sure that your fingers are all still there.

I nod. "To that I would be willing to swear an oath."

He laughs at that.

I just sit in comfort with good company and mention in passing that one day I may ask for some favors returned. I have some long term plans that I believe in the end would benefit everyone. Though before that I hope to kill most of the orcs in Black Crag.

If you can do what you claim to be able to do then he'll be able to do so gladly.

A few days later you're group is surprised to meet a contingent of dwarves.  At least 300 of them.  The leader of them comes forward.  He claims that his family were the former kings of the Black Crag if you intend to clear out the Crag then they're coming with you.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style.

Draw a circle around the word "Drakwald". I wasn't kidding when Isaid the middle of the forest.

Yeesh

Some = A whole lot

True

"I'll be fine..."

“Are you alright?”  

“Oh...right.”

I'm silent for a while, then I speak, “I'll talk with the Ar-Ulric, you'll have the protection of the Temple and come hell or high water you WILL be safe.  Unless you wish to come with me and we can just forgo preparations for a while.”

She almost squees!

“I thought you might like it.”  I then pick her up and carry her in.

Will you be needing help? Conventional troops, workers, religious zealots?

Besides the men I asked to come with me before a good surveyor to find a good spot to start building would be nice.  And when I come back to actually build some wood workers and masons would be nice.  (if she decides to stay I ask)  Also I need a favor, Cosmina, my intended, is from Sylvania and her family has long been afflicted by the predations of vampires.  Her mother and both her sisters were taken by a vampire, the same one, and vampires seem to have a strange interest in her.  I'd ask that she be kept safe.  Please, she's the best thing I've ever had in my life.[/quote]

Last edited by Brian Boru on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Vargr Skarin

The ride through Brionne goes well enough but the moment that you enter the province of Aquitaine to the north you hear the sound of combat clashing to the North.

I pick up the pace, though not to the point of really rushing. If there are any hills or higher elevation places around in the direction of the fighting, I'll angle for those so Mort and I can get a good look at what the hell is going on.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Roll a d100
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4145223/
1d100 → [95] = (95)

Well fuck me sideways, why is it that the dice are making things harder for me to get home then when I was fighting a war?

Last edited by Ironforge on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor

Brian Boru wrote:Nothing green lives, all 20 of them.  A couple of wolves on the other hand you manage to spare.  They're frankly too terrified to fight.

Right. To make sure these wolves get the idea. I'll grab each of them and make them submit, slight bite on their throat, light enough to feel, not enough to hurt. Trying to make them completely submissive to me so that they will get the idea. The wolves will be useful for tracking later if need be.

Once he's lucid for questioning, he tells you that a giant swarm of goblin riders descended on the procession a few hours ago.  The knights fought like demons but they were eventually overrun and the rest of them were killed with the young ladies being taken into the mountains, most likely taken for a stewpot later on.

Well, as I feared. This knight was probably pretty damned lucky to have escaped. I'd bet there were at least a hundred goblin riders to be able to overwhelm twenty Bretonnian knights. Quite a few, but I should be able to kill them off.

Kyra does excellent work and the knight is stabilized.  Once that's taken care of you head out off to find the young lady.  

Great.

Roll d100 for finding the tracks.

Rolling.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:44 pm

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 65

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:15 pm

The moment you say that he smiles and says, “DEAL!”  You have to make sure that your fingers are all still there.

"Tell me what you've learned. I am not interested in your craft secrets but want to know more about my weapons."

He laughs at that.

Cheers!

If you can do what you claim to be able to do then he'll be able to do so gladly.

And I'll gladly do it. Isn't the deal best when both parties are pleased? Very Happy

A few days later you're group is surprised to meet a contingent of dwarves.  At least 300 of them.  The leader of them comes forward.  He claims that his family were the former kings of the Black Crag if you intend to clear out the Crag then they're coming with you.

Problem here. My party moves VERY fast due to the carry and run method I use. We need to figure out a way for me to be able to move with everyone. Thankfully I'm here along with 300+ dwarfs. I think we should be able to come up with something damned quick.

My plan for retaking it would be Valten and I act as the spear's point, while they anchor the rear. We're probably not going to clear the entire hold, but the plan will be to fight our way to the dungeons and kill everything in our path including the Warlord. We're going to retake at least enough that they can establish a serious foothold from which to finish the job.

Though there will be discussion of reward after this. It was free when I was just clearing it as an extra. Now that someone is traveling with me to take possession, we need to negotiate.

Yeesh

Hey, its a lot of land but will be work to clear.

He's not fool enough to not take advantage of your talents!

“Are you alright?”  

"I'm fine, really!"

“Oh...right.”

I'm silent for a while, then I speak, “I'll talk with the Ar-Ulric, you'll have the protection of the Temple and come hell or high water you WILL be safe.  Unless you wish to come with me and we can just forgo preparations for a while.”

"I'd rather not face rampaging hoards of beastmen. And thank you."

“I thought you might like it.”  I then pick her up and carry her in.

And to the bedroom.

Besides the men I asked to come with me before a good surveyor to find a good spot to start building would be nice.  And when I come back to actually build some wood workers and masons would be nice.  (if she decides to stay I ask)  Also I need a favor, Cosmina, my intended, is from Sylvania and her family has long been afflicted by the predations of vampires.  Her mother and both her sisters were taken by a vampire, the same one, and vampires seem to have a strange interest in her.  I'd ask that she be kept safe.  Please, she's the best thing I've ever had in my life.

They'll see to the safety of your woman.

Though they do seriously suggest youtake a full military force this time.

The Knights of the White Wolf and the Knights Panther would be tickled pink to go exterminating beast men.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:19 pm

I pick up the pace, though not to the point of really rushing. If there are any hills or higher elevation places around in the direction of the fighting, I'll angle for those so Mort and I can get a good look at what the hell is going on.

Well when you get over the hill you see to your stunned surprise a large group of Bretonnian knights beating the hell out of each other.  Seems like some sort of feud going on.  Roughly 50 against 50.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Well fuck me sideways, why is it that the dice are making things harder for me to get home then when I was fighting a war?

That evening as you rest the rumble of some beast can be heard.  When you raise your exhausted head, you see to your consternation that a huge (50 strong) pack of river trolls are tromping through the river, and they know you're there.  Also you're as relatively weak as a kitten, dozen of soul blasts will do that....

Right. To make sure these wolves get the idea. I'll grab each of them and make them submit, slight bite on their throat, light enough to feel, not enough to hurt. Trying to make them completely submissive to me so that they will get the idea. The wolves will be useful for tracking later if need be.

Not needed, you only have to loom before they listen.

Well it takes a little while but you do find the trail, but there's blood trails, and it isn't goblin or wolf blood.

"Tell me what you've learned. I am not interested in your craft secrets but want to know more about my weapons."

Well what he manages to tell you later on is that these runes are able to take in massive amounts of power which it then uses to reinforce it's durability and even emit elemental powers for a limited time.  What amazes him is how stupendously huge the amount of power that goes into the weapons without it overloading, AND how safe the layout it thanks to the incredibly precises pattern of it.  It would take a runelord years to do this unless he copied it directly from it.  EVEN WITH this ax at hand he doubts he could do it.

And I'll gladly do it. Isn't the deal best when both parties are pleased? Very Happy

“Indeed it is.”

Problem here. My party moves VERY fast due to the carry and run method I use. We need to figure out a way for me to be able to move with everyone. Thankfully I'm here along with 300+ dwarfs. I think we should be able to come up with something damned quick.

He knows some craftsdwarves that work quick and owe him favors.

My plan for retaking it would be Valten and I act as the spear's point, while they anchor the rear. We're probably not going to clear the entire hold, but the plan will be to fight our way to the dungeons and kill everything in our path including the Warlord. We're going to retake at least enough that they can establish a serious foothold from which to finish the job.

Though there will be discussion of reward after this. It was free when I was just clearing it as an extra. Now that someone is traveling with me to take possession, we need to negotiate.

“Alright then what do you want lad?”

Hey, its a lot of land but will be work to clear.

He's not fool enough to not take advantage of your talents!

Heh

"I'm fine, really!"

Hmmm....

"I'd rather not face rampaging hoards of beastmen. And thank you."

“Alright then, had to make the offer, but I will make sure the ar-Ulric is talked with.”

They'll see to the safety of your woman.

“Thank-you.”

Though they do seriously suggest you take a full military force this time.

The Knights of the White Wolf and the Knights Panther would be tickled pink to go exterminating beast men.

I think on it, then agree, “Alright then.  How many would you suggest?  So long as there are enough to protect Cosmina from any hungry or uncomfortably determined vampires, I'll take them along with me.  But anything that will slow the men down I will NOT tolerate.  I'd also like to meet the men leading the knights panthers and the White Wolves before we leave, I'd like to get a feel for these men.”

Beyond that I wait and prepare in any small way I can.

Though I do make a point to meet with the detachment protecting Cosmina, I make it bluntly clear that should any harm come to her it'll come out of their hides.  My eyes glow with the implied consequences.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle, metal nets.
Items: Well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, climbing gear, rope and grapple, stocked supply cart and horses.

Brian Boru wrote:Well if you intend to sell them for hopeful mounts then you'll need to head out. Now.

Well actually I had intended to see if the Count was willing to start a breeding and training Gryph Farm. For Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and Demigryphs. If he is, great. If not, then yeah I guess I'll sell them. Either way we should leave then.

If the Count doesn't want them, then make sure each of the hunters get's an egg to sell, then see about raising the forth one. Piet is supposed to have a lot of potential when it comes to riding, right?

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Not needed, you only have to loom before they listen.

Good, they are gonna be rather helpful in tracking the damned goblins down.

Well it takes a little while but you do find the trail, but there's blood trails, and it isn't goblin or wolf blood.

Hm... rather ominous. But, well, nothing to it but to go at full steam following the goblins. Not like the Goblins have anything that can hurt me, and if I can panic them, they will drop everything and run like hell. I'll follow the goblin and wolf trails leading from the ambush point and try and catch up to them. But I'll keep a look out for any ambush attempts, as well as the non-goblin blood trail. I have a bad feeling about that trail. Time to chase down the bastards. Hopefully they didn't kill their food yet.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

That evening as you rest the rumble of some beast can be heard.  When you raise your exhausted head, you see to your consternation that a huge (50 strong) pack of river trolls are tromping through the river, and they know you're there.  Also you're as relatively weak as a kitten, dozen of soul blasts will do that....

Well fuck, I don't know what's worse here the fact that I can't seem to even be able to get some decent shut eye with the blight 4 sending there agents at me or the fact they had to send some of the foulest trolls I have ever had the displeasure to meet after me. An with me in my current state, 50 of those blights could end me if I didn't play it smart here. But, it looks like I still had some luck on my side still, as they where still a fair distance away from me and all in the water, so if my gauntlets have been getting as strong as I hope they have I might just be able to end this fight before it even starts if the dumb bastards don't get any more bright ideas.

So with that in mind I get up and head towards them in the river hoping that by doing so I can make sure they stay in it. As I really can't have too many of the leaving if I want to pull off what I about to do. An so once I get about 10 yards away from there lead troll, I quickly jump out of the river onto the shore and shove both gauntlets into the river and use all the charge I can muster in them to freeze the water and hopefully the trolls solid. An if it worked I head over to the now frozen trolls and shatter each and every head of theirs to make sure they are dead before heading on further to get out of this area before bedding down again. Though if that plan fails, I just book it and hope I can out distance the trolls or lose them in the forest.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Well what he manages to tell you later on is that these runes are able to take in massive amounts of power which it then uses to reinforce it's durability and even emit elemental powers for a limited time.  What amazes him is how stupendously huge the amount of power that goes into the weapons without it overloading, AND how safe the layout it thanks to the incredibly precises pattern of it.  It would take a runelord years to do this unless he copied it directly from it.  EVEN WITH this ax at hand he doubts he could do it.

I see. Well, I hope you folks learned something applicable. If there is time in the future I hope to be able to give you more time to study. In the meantime I hope you got all the sketches and etchings you'll need to experiment at least.

He knows some craftsdwarves that work quick and owe him favors.

"Good. Build it extra large. We might stop at a couple more holds for volunteers and any slayers looking to go out on a pile of orcs."

“Alright then what do you want lad?”

This'll probably involve long term negotiation, but a cut of the loot and an alliance... as well as the future services of Dwarf craftsmen.

I my admit to him I have some long term designs on the Border Princes and Badlands.

In general though we work out something we can both live with without complaint. I'm perfectly willing to be fair.

Well, and we're off?

“Alright then, had to make the offer, but I will make sure the ar-Ulric is talked with.”

Thank you.

I think on it, then agree, “Alright then.  How many would you suggest?  So long as there are enough to protect Cosmina from any hungry or uncomfortably determined vampires, I'll take them along with me.  But anything that will slow the men down I will NOT tolerate.  I'd also like to meet the men leading the knights panthers and the White Wolves before we leave, I'd like to get a feel for these men.”

Beyond that I wait and prepare in any small way I can.

Though I do make a point to meet with the detachment protecting Cosmina, I make it bluntly clear that should any harm come to her it'll come out of their hides.  My eyes glow with the implied consequences.

Your woman will be protected to the best of their ability.

And the number of men they're sending with you?

about 3000 of middenheim's best

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Vargr Skarin

Well when you get over the hill you see to your stunned surprise a large group of Bretonnian knights beating the hell out of each other. Seems like some sort of feud going on. Roughly 50 against 50.

I take a moment to survey the battlefield, and ask if Mort has any idea what's going on down there.

But at this point, I see no reason to get involved one way or the other. I also make sure we're not standing in the open while we're having our look-see.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:40 am

Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves,  brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle, metal nets.

Well actually I had intended to see if the Count was willing to start a breeding and training Gryph Farm. For Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and Demigryphs. If he is, great. If not, then yeah I guess I'll sell them. Either way we should leave then.

If the Count doesn't want them, then make sure each of the hunters get's an egg to sell, then see about raising the forth one. Piet is supposed to have a lot of potential when it comes to riding, right?

The Count is more than willing to take in the eggs though BREEDING them might be hard.  He'll pay for each of them.  Though Piet needs to be a bit older before he tries to bring a Hippogriff under control.  You CAN head back into the mountains if you wish.

But on your way back roll a d100

Hm... rather ominous. But, well, nothing to it but to go at full steam following the goblins. Not like the Goblins have anything that can hurt me, and if I can panic them, they will drop everything and run like hell. I'll follow the goblin and wolf trails leading from the ambush point and try and catch up to them. But I'll keep a look out for any ambush attempts, as well as the non-goblin blood trail. I have a bad feeling about that trail. Time to chase down the bastards. Hopefully they didn't kill their food yet.

You plow your way up the hillside, up into the mountains.  You keep note of the signs of the pack as you make your way.  After several hours you finally find the goblin tribe.  It isn't pretty, but it isn't as bad as it could have been.  That was actually horse blood.  The ladies themselves, though battered and bruised are alright.  The horses on the other hand....

There are about 100 goblins and their wolves munching on horses that each cost more than what three villages make in a year...God that burns...  The ladies are tied up to the side.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Well fuck, I don't know what's worse here the fact that I can't seem to even be able to get some decent shut eye with the blight 4 sending there agents at me or the fact they had to send some of the foulest trolls I have ever had the displeasure to meet after me. An with me in my current state, 50 of those blights could end me if I didn't play it smart here. But, it looks like I still had some luck on my side still, as they where still a fair distance away from me and all in the water, so if my gauntlets have been getting as strong as I hope they have I might just be able to end this fight before it even starts if the dumb bastards don't get any more bright ideas.

So with that in mind I get up and head towards them in the river hoping that by doing so I can make sure they stay in it. As I really can't have too many of the leaving if I want to pull off what I about to do. An so once I get about 10 yards away from there lead troll, I quickly jump out of the river onto the shore and shove both gauntlets into the river and use all the charge I can muster in them to freeze the water and hopefully the trolls solid. An if it worked I head over to the now frozen trolls and shatter each and every head of theirs to make sure they are dead before heading on further to get out of this area before bedding down again. Though if that plan fails, I just book it and hope I can out distance the trolls or lose them in the forest.

Amazingly, beyond all possibilites...it works...The river not only freezes solid.  It freezes the bastards so quickly that it kills them instantly...Though the river freezes almost half a mile past them.    You can move in and shatter them if you wish but there isn't a spark of life left in the beasts.

Whether you shatter them or not you lie down and finally get some goddam sleep.

The next morning you feel better, about 50% of normal, you still have a few days before you recover fully but now there isn't much that can harm you anymore.

I see. Well, I hope you folks learned something applicable. If there is time in the future I hope to be able to give you more time to study. In the meantime I hope you got all the sketches and etchings you'll need to experiment at least.

Are you kidding?  He hasn't stopped taking notes and making etchings since he first laid eyes on that ax, even when he was talking to you.

"Good. Build it extra large. We might stop at a couple more holds for volunteers and any slayers looking to go out on a pile of orcs."

What results is an incredibly durable looking wagon train.  Designed so that it can twist and turn along mountain passes or tunnels with ease.

This'll probably involve long term negotiation, but a cut of the loot and an alliance... as well as the future services of Dwarf craftsmen.

I my admit to him I have some long term designs on the Border Princes and Badlands.

In general though we work out something we can both live with without complaint. I'm perfectly willing to be fair.

Well, and we're off?

His first offer is 20% of the loot though any particularly special heirlooms are to be left alone.  If it's acceptable then yes you're on your way.  Roll a d100

Your woman will be protected to the best of their ability.

“Thank you.”

And the number of men they're sending with you?

about 3000 of middenheim's best

Alright then...that's pretty damn impressive.

Either way I'll head out towards my new holdings to do some beast killing.

I take a moment to survey the battlefield, and ask if Mort has any idea what's going on down there.

Some sort of Aquitainian feud of some sort.  Best not get too close else we'll be dragged in.

But at this point, I see no reason to get involved one way or the other. I also make sure we're not standing in the open while we're having our look-see.

The fight continues until one group of knights seem to gain the upper hand and drive the rest of their opponents  off the field.  Do you approach them?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:54 am

Are you kidding?  He hasn't stopped taking notes and making etchings since he first laid eyes on that ax, even when he was talking to you.

Sword gets no lovin'?

What results is an incredibly durable looking wagon train.  Designed so that it can twist and turn along mountain passes or tunnels with ease.

LETS GO!

AND WE'RE OFF!

His first offer is 20% of the loot though any particularly special heirlooms are to be left alone.  If it's acceptable then yes you're on your way.  Roll a d100

"Half and we negotiate what defines an 'heirloom'."

Theoretically everything inside the place is an "Heirloom" and I'd be willing to negotiate down to maybe a third. Not going to make it easy on him though. Not sporting that.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

“Thank you.”

Nods.

Alright then...that's pretty damn impressive.

Either way I'll head out towards my new holdings to do some beast killing.

D100!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:56 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:
Time: 11 months, 2 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Amazingly, beyond all possibilites...it works...The river not only freezes solid.  It freezes the bastards so quickly that it kills them instantly...Though the river freezes almost half a mile past them.    You can move in and shatter them if you wish but there isn't a spark of life left in the beasts.
Sweet Olric, that was a lot stronger then I was expecting. But I not going to complain about this kind of power. An thank whatever forces gave these things to me in the first place, as this power has just saved life.

Whether you shatter them or not you lie down and finally get some goddam sleep.
Yeah, I'm shattering those things. As you can never be too careful you know and breaking them now would be a nice way to release all that new energy I got when I saw these guys coming down the river.

The next morning you feel better, about 50% of normal, you still have a few days before you recover fully but now there isn't much that can harm you anymore.
Ah, back into some decent shape again. How I missed this. As now I can start running again. So I should be able to get home faster and if I'm really lucky maybe only a day or two after the main forces get home. As I know I can bet them on foot if I'm running.

Last edited by Ironforge on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:00 am

Brian Boru wrote:You plow your way up the hillside, up into the mountains.  You keep note of the signs of the pack as you make your way.  After several hours you finally find the goblin tribe.  It isn't pretty, but it isn't as bad as it could have been.  That was actually horse blood.  The ladies themselves, though battered and bruised are alright.  The horses on the other hand....

There are about 100 goblins and their wolves munching on horses that each cost more than what three villages make in a year...God that burns...

I wince at the waste as I see the horses butchered and eaten by the goblins. Such damned waste. Especially Bretonnian horses which bar the Elven steeds I believe are the best horses on the planet.

The ladies are tied up to the side.

As I spy my targets I notice that they were set to the side of their encampment, likely set aside so that once the goblins had had their fill of horse flesh they could torture them for fun or something like that. I carefully and as stealthily as I can circle around to the side where the ladies were being held. Readying myself, I break into a flatout sprint, charging into whatever guards the goblins had with the ladies, seeking to eliminate the immediate threat to them.

After which, I'll shout out a warcry. If what I hope would happen, the warcry would echo in the close confines and sound like a large number of attackers, disorienting the goblins and giant wolves whom just moments ago were happily eating.

I run down any goblins in my way, slaughtering any that I can get my hands on.

But my primary objective is to save the ladies, so if the goblins break and run, I'll grab the women and get the hell out of there and back to where Kyra and the knight is.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:The Count is more than willing to take in the eggs though BREEDING them might be hard.  He'll pay for each of them.  Though Piet needs to be a bit older before he tries to bring a Hippogriff under control.  You CAN head back into the mountains if you wish.
It was an idle thought. The ability to regularly field a monster mounted knights seems like a good idea, albeit one that requires both a viable breeding population and food supply. So in other words, very expensive. Still, I thought it would be a nice contribution to the future war effort. Obviously we'd need to get a lot more eggs from different nests first.
But on your way back roll a d100

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:19 am

The member 'bzzt3421' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 92

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:25 am

Sword gets no lovin'?

Oops yeah he's gushing over that as well.

"Half and we negotiate what defines an 'heirloom'."

Theoretically everything inside the place is an "Heirloom" and I'd be willing to negotiate down to maybe a third. Not going to make it easy on him though. Not sporting that.

"35%"

Overall there was little trouble moving your way through the mountains until you're roughly half a mile out from Karak Azgal, then you happen to hear the sound of a small greenskin tribe heading down the pass towards you at least 1000 of them.

D100!

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Sweet Olric, that was a lot stronger then I was expecting. But I not going to complain about this kind of power. An thank whatever forces gave these things to me in the first place, as this power has just saved life.

Yeah, I'm shattering those things. As you can never be too careful you know and breaking them now would be a nice way to release all that new energy I got when I saw these guys coming down the river.

Ker-Shatter

Ah, back into some decent shape again. How I missed this. As now I can start running again. So I should be able to get home faster and if I'm really lucky maybe only a day or two after the main forces get home. As I know I can bet them on foot if I'm running.

Roll a d100....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I wince at the waste as I see the horses butchered and eaten by the goblins. Such damned waste. Especially Bretonnian horses which bar the Elven steeds I believe are the best horses on the planet.

YES!

As I spy my targets I notice that they were set to the side of their encampment, likely set aside so that once the goblins had had their fill of horse flesh they could torture them for fun or something like that. I carefully and as stealthily as I can circle around to the side where the ladies were being held. Readying myself, I break into a flatout sprint, charging into whatever guards the goblins had with the ladies, seeking to eliminate the immediate threat to them.

The couple of goblins that were standing guard are turned into a fine mist by your blasting through them. The ladies are stunned by this sudden turn of events.

After which, I'll shout out a warcry. If what I hope would happen, the warcry would echo in the close confines and sound like a large number of attackers, disorienting the goblins and giant wolves whom just moments ago were happily eating.

It echoes like a shockwave through the forest and over the mountains. The goblins are in a blind panic, their mounts are in agony from that sound weapon. They're in no real condition to fight.

I run down any goblins in my way, slaughtering any that I can get my hands on.

And they go down like wheat before the scythe.

But my primary objective is to save the ladies, so if the goblins break and run, I'll grab the women and get the hell out of there and back to where Kyra and the knight is.

After a fairly short fight, the goblins run in every direction screaming, the wolves slink off in agony. That leaves you with six stunned young Bretonnian noble women who look like they're ready to cry any second.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:28 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Roll a d100....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4146149/

1d100 → [21] = (21)

Finally, with this I might just make it back without another attack.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:29 am

It was an idle thought. The ability to regularly field a monster mounted knights seems like a good idea, albeit one that requires both a viable breeding population and food supply. So in other words, very expensive. Still, I thought it would be a nice contribution to the future war effort. Obviously we'd need to get a lot more eggs from different nests first.

Obviously

As you make your way out of the mountains with your precious cargo, you're attacked one night by a massive contingent of night goblins, complete with crazy ball and chain swingers.

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:31 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

Finally, with this I might just make it back without another attack.

As you trudge along, the howl of a hunting hound hits your ears, coming over a hill is a hart being chased by hounds and mounted men. Bjornlings...
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:46 am

Oops yeah he's gushing over that as well.

Ironbrow shown up yet?

If so I present him with the dagger personally.

"35%"

Deal!

Overall there was little trouble moving your way through the mountains until you're roughly half a mile out from Karak Azgal, then you happen to hear the sound of a small greenskin tribe heading down the pass towards you at least 1000 of them.

I look at Valten and say. "Bet to see who gets the most kills?"

And then SLAUGHTER TIME FUN TIME!

Let the Dwarfs see what they're traveling with!

What comes next is possibly the longest and most obnoxious month of your life. You kill several thousand of the bastards, but on the whole they seem to have gone to ground.

What you do accomplish it you made a road that goes 100 miles into the heart of the Drakwald, mainly through ripping up every tree in your way along a 10 yard wide path.

What do now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:49 am

Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle, metal nets.

Brian Boru wrote:Obviously

As you make your way out of the mountains with your precious cargo, you're attacked one night by a massive contingent of night goblins, complete with crazy ball and chain swingers.

Fuck. Have the wolves surround the cart, have the brothers guard Piet and the Sniper Hunter. Have the Sniper Hunter snipe any goblin that looks or acts like a leader.

As for me, I'm going for the nearest Fanatic. Grabbing his ball in one hand, and cutting him in half with the other. Then its time for a little shock put at the second nearest Fanatic, before moving on towards the nearest living Ball and Chain wielder to repeat the process. After the last one is dead, keep the ball and chain and show the survivors how it's really done.

Keep the fuckers away from the group, and focus on the Fanatics then the rest of the Night Goblins.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:The couple of goblins that were standing guard are turned into a fine mist by your blasting through them.  The ladies are stunned by this sudden turn of events.

I charged through the two goblins that were standing guard inattentively, though, to be fair, even had they been attentive they would likely have been killed anyways without a fight.

It echoes like a shockwave through the forest and over the mountains.  The goblins are in a blind panic, their mounts are in agony from that sound weapon. They're in no real condition to fight.

'That... was abit more then I thought would happen.' I thought to myself as I continued my rampage throughout the goblin encampment.

And they go down like wheat before the scythe.

The stunned and panicked goblins are cut to shreds as I charge around the encampment, killing as many as I can.

After a fairly short fight, the goblins run in every direction screaming, the wolves slink off in agony.  That leaves you with six stunned young Bretonnian noble women who look like they're ready to cry any second.

I wipe off my weapons of goblin and wolf blood as best I can on any convenient tunic which isn't my own, and sheath my weapons, the danger having passed. I turn to the... six... what the, I thought there were two of them!

Bah, in anycase, time to calm them down.

I go to one knee before them, trying to be as non-threatening as possible, getting down to their level where they huddled together.

"Ladies, my name is Marcus Raynor, I'm here to help you, but you need to help me help you. Panic will not help anyone. If you will calm yourselves and not run off into the dangerous mountains, I'll untie you, we need to get out of here and get you six back to safety, perhaps to Montfort or some other nearby place. But as I said, I'm here to help you. One of your escorting knights managed to escape the ambush and encountered me and my traveling companion, relaying what happened to the rest of your procession to me. My companion stayed behind to tend to and watch over the knight who was wounded. I tracked you here and mounted this attack to rescue you. Please, regain your calm, I'll get you back to safety as soon as possible."

I spoke to them in a soft voice, trying to calm them, once they've actually calmed down enough, I'll see about removing whatever they've been tied up with.

After all that is done, I'll need to hurry and get them out of here before anything dangerous shows up.

I'll take them with me to where I left Kyra and the knight, after which, we'll head back to Montfort (IIRC it is the closest settlement).

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100

Inventory:

As you trudge along, the howl of a hunting hound hits your ears, coming over a hill is a hart being chased by hounds and mounted men. Bjornlings...
Well it's that a site for sore eyes, looks like I might be getting home faster then I first hoped. As it looks like I lucked upon a hunter. Though I let's see if I can make his life easier when I head over to him. So with that I do a quick sprint over to the Hart, grab and with a quick twist of my fingers snap it's neck before turning to the hunter and his hounds with a smile.

"Well meet good hunter and sorry for taking you prey from you. But I didn't want to stop you and letting you lose it or having you pass me while in your chase, so I have taken care of it for you so we can talk." Then walking over to the man with the hart and handing it over to him.

"So my friend can you tell me where I am right now, as I'm kind of a little lost right now and if you can point me in the direction or better yet take me to the King's holding I can promise a just reward for your help."

Last edited by Ironforge on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 am

Ironbrow shown up yet?

If so I present him with the dagger personally.

He doesn't live in the hold.

Deal!

Pleasure doing business lad.

I look at Valten and say. "Bet to see who gets the most kills?"

"A gold crown."

And then SLAUGHTER TIME FUN TIME!

Let the Dwarfs see what they're traveling with!

Between the two of you, you go through the entire waaagh like a tornado going through a toothpick factory. You manage to clear out the entire waaagh before the dwarves can bring their weapons to bear.

The old man, Kuradin Bronzebrow, stares at the carnage and asks, "How?"

What comes next is possibly the longest and most obnoxious month of your life. You kill several thousand of the bastards, but on the whole they seem to have gone to ground.

Chop a tree, kill a gor, chop a tree, kill a gor...

Damn...shoulda gone with Orkin....

What you do accomplish it you made a road that goes 100 miles into the heart of the Drakwald, mainly through ripping up every tree in your way along a 10 yard wide path.

What do now?

What now? Why advertise my dear man. On the way back we take the big roads, talking about how a new lord is carving a fief into the Drakwald and that the beastmen are pissing themselves. I also make sure that the men bring the heads with them as we march, not for bounties, but for advertisement of what this new lord can bring to the table. So one we march to Middenheim, when asked who I am I tell them that "Lord Skarin Beowulfsson has come to pay homage to his liege lord.

First thing is send a message to the Elector Count asking for an audience, then head to Find Cosmina once the other men are dispensed. I hug her, kiss her, and tell her about what I've done. I also tell her my little plan about a road through the Drakwald and making a toll road on it.

Then I head to the Palace and tell the Graf what happened in the forest. I also make a request. I'll offer to carve a road from Rosche to Fassberg and make sure the road is clear. All I ask is that I hold the land around the road, a toll, and the land back through the Drakwald heart. All I ask is to be able to work with the land I trace out on this map here. (See Skype message)

Fuck. Have the wolves surround the cart, have the brothers guard Piet and the Sniper Hunter. Have the Sniper Hunter snipe any goblin that looks or acts like a leader.

As for me, I'm going for the nearest Fanatic. Grabbing his ball in one hand, and cutting him in half with the other. Then its time for a little shock put at the second nearest Fanatic, before moving on towards the nearest living Ball and Chain wielder to repeat the process. After the last one is dead, keep the ball and chain and show the survivors how it's really done.

Keep the fuckers away from the group, and focus on the Fanatics then the rest of the Night Goblins.  

The fight is monstrously brutal and casualties are horrific, for the night goblins. While you tear through the ugly gremlins the others earn their keep and defend the cart eventually the fight is done and you've driven the goblins off, but you see to your concern that one of the goblins managed to hit the sniper with an arrow and he's now fighting to keep one of the brothers form helping him with the injury.

I charged through the two goblins that were standing guard inattentively, though, to be fair, even had they been attentive they would likely have been killed anyways without a fight.

Heh

'That... was abit more then I thought would happen.' I thought to myself as I continued my rampage throughout the goblin encampment.

Heh

I wipe off my weapons of goblin and wolf blood as best I can on any convenient tunic which isn't my own, and sheath my weapons, the danger having passed. I turn to the... six... what the, I thought there were two of them!

Bah, in anycase, time to calm them down.

I go to one knee before them, trying to be as non-threatening as possible, getting down to their level where they huddled together.

"Ladies, my name is Marcus Raynor, I'm here to help you, but you need to help me help you. Panic will not help anyone. If you will calm yourselves and not run off into the dangerous mountains, I'll untie you, we need to get out of here and get you six back to safety, perhaps to Montfort or some other nearby place. But as I said, I'm here to help you. One of your escorting knights managed to escape the ambush and encountered me and my traveling companion, relaying what happened to the rest of your procession to me. My companion stayed behind to tend to and watch over the knight who was wounded. I tracked you here and mounted this attack to rescue you. Please, regain your calm, I'll get you back to safety as soon as possible."

I spoke to them in a soft voice, trying to calm them, once they've actually calmed down enough, I'll see about removing whatever they've been tied up with.

After all that is done, I'll need to hurry and get them out of here before anything dangerous shows up.

I'll take them with me to where I left Kyra and the knight, after which, we'll head back to Montfort (IIRC it is the closest settlement).

The ladies stare at you for a moment, then they start blubbering anyway, thanking you and "Lady's blessings on you Sir"'s for a while. Most of them anyway. The one that's the daughter of the Duke, the blonde beauty you saw before seems to keep herself under control more. She thanks you calmly and lets you help the six of them out of their ropes then guide them down to the road where Kyra is waiting. "Well it seems that you can't help coming to a lady in distress's aid can you?" The elf maiden comments dryly.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:The ladies stare at you for a moment, then they start blubbering anyway, thanking you and "Lady's blessings on you Sir"'s for a while.  Most of them anyway.  The one that's the daughter of the Duke, the blonde beauty you saw before seems to keep herself under control more.  She thanks you calmly and lets you help the six of them out of their ropes then guide them down to the road where Kyra is waiting.  "Well it seems that you can't help coming to a lady in distress's aid can you?"  The elf maiden comments dryly.

I shrug to Kyra's comment, giving a slight sheepish grin. "What can I say, its a flaw of mine."

I gave a sigh. "Well, let's just head back to Montfort or where ever is the closest so that we can drop them off there then we can continue on our way."

Unless there's other comments or other stuff, travel montage as we hoof it back to Montfort to put these ladies out of harms way.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:The fight is monstrously brutal and casualties are horrific, for the night goblins. While you tear through the ugly gremlins the others earn their keep and defend the cart eventually the fight is done and you've driven the goblins off, but you see to your concern that one of the goblins managed to hit the sniper with an arrow and he's now fighting to keep one of the brothers form helping him with the injury.
I'm really hoping that's not poison. Either way, he needs to be restrained. Walking up to him, I slowly and gently grab his arms and hold him down, being careful to avoid the injury.

OOC: Tell me, is the Empire sexist against females who've proven they can fight?

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next