Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 11 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 10158g 16s (10,000 more owed)

Well with a roll of 25....

You manage to run into someone that had been there when Huss went after that beastman band alone in one of the villages along the road to Altdorf.  He says that Huss went somewhere South, Wissenland towards Nuln maybe he thinks but definitely South.

Several days later you reach a road sign reading that Lachenbad is in one direction while you'll need to keep on heading South to find Huss.  What do you choose?

Huss is secondary. Valten comes first.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 8 GC 10 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe[/quote]

I raise an eyebrow and I mutter out loud, "Note to self look for a Tillean outfit..."

Did I mention the one about the Norskin Raider and the Kislevite Ice Witch?

By how much?

What?

Fun times, as a side note, does she have anything else she want to ask about me?

Not much. She's just happy to be on the move again and protected. She asks where you're from and stuff like that but nothing too private.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

...actually it's Tillean....

Oh. Wouldn't that be pseudo-Italian then?

There is silence for a long while as you read the book in a large highbacked chair.  Then there is a rustle behind you and a tenor voice calls out, "Well the curiosities just continue.  My Castellian is about to kill himself from apoplexy, his son once again deflowered the one woman he shouldn't, a Norscan comes with the lad and cooks for himself and my staff in my castle, and now I find him reading an early history of the Bretonni and the theories about the backgrounds of Gilles and his Companions."  You look up to see a tall handsome individual with dark hair.  "So stranger...who might you be?"

"Someone woefully deprived of the opportunity to peruse the written word over the past several weeks."

I put down the book, though not before marking my place.

"Varg Skarin. I would say 'at your service' but as I am not one of the dukedom's subjects and I've heard Bretonnian's aren't particularly keen on hiring mercenaries, so I will simply say - thank you for your hospitality."

Now, let's see if he takes it in good humor or if I've pissed him off.

Also ... once again? My, Mort seems to get around.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:49 pm

bzzt3421 wrote:
Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 40 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Comrades: Piet(ten year old), three giant wolves(two females, one male)

Brian Boru wrote:He's ecstatic about the opportunity.

Well there is a gunshop you think might have what you need. They have just about every gun under the sun even a hochland longrifle for 5 gc or so they claim is one.
Huh, good find. I examine the gun to see if it has a grooved barrel, a lock stock, flint hammer, attached scope, even if it's got a signature. If it checks out, and if I can test fire it(and meets the range standard), I'll buy it.

After that, I'll train, and do some research. See what the current food production and equipment are, the metal business, mechanization, things like that. The Empire should be pretty advanced with the trade with dwarfs thing they've got going on, but every little bit will help when Archaon starts up.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:21 am

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Faction:
True Norscans

High King (FUCK)

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Journeymen Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 10
Women: 5
Children: 5
Total: 20

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 10
-Axe and Board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2
Total: 10

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

Well then the time for words is done and now is the time of action and fun. An by Thor I hit like it like the hammer of the gods until the coming morning.

And she quite enjoys it though she's unable to walk for a while.

Which on that morning, I'll leave the hall with my now wife and queen and spread the good news to the rest of the people. An then get started with planing a wedding with Kenna for the new temple of Olric that is being built.

Messages return with people more than a little surprised at how quick you made a move but many Jarls promise they'll come if they can.

"Well there is no worries there my friend, as I won't even be able to see them again until your work here is done. So your proving to leave the rank of journeymen is in now danger.

Though I do look forward to the wonders I be able to have you and your kin be able to build later."

That seems to have calmed him down.

Good, though I also request the get started on clothing for there new queen too.

Done.

"Well bloody hell, this could be a issue later then. But hopefully I can still work though this, as there are items of great worth there and casters of skill that would be of great use for the coming storm."

He stares at you like you grew an extra head.

Well now I know I have the eyes of at least one god on me, though I wonder if that will be a good thing to have in the long run.

Heh heh we'll see.

"Well thanks for that vote of confidence there thane." I say with a smile, before picking up again.

"Though lets get down to business then, so may I suggest that with our new alliance that we agree to three things. First open up free trade between our people once again, second to enter into a mutual defense pact against the forces of chaos or other fouls threats that would gut a men or dwarf just for living and lastly to agree to set up a mutual training program where both our people can train together to learn how to fight with each as a well oiled machine and to deepen bonds of friendship an brotherhood. So does that sound agreeable to you thane or do you have other ideas or issues you would like to bring up for this coming alliance?"

He's silent for a while, then he smiles and extends a hand to shake, "I have little trouble with that, so long as you continue to kill those Chaos bastards."

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen

Huss is secondary. Valten comes first.

Alright then...you enter the village of Lachenbad with the rest of your entourage behind you after you let them off of the carriage that was on your back.

Looking around you honestly don't see much that could warrant it being the birthplace of Sigmar's rebirth. Then you hear the clanging of a hammer from what is obviously a smithy.

Cash: 6 GC 18 ss
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe[/quote]

Did I mention the one about the Norskin Raider and the Kislevite Ice Witch?

hmm...and a Kislevite fur hat?

Not much. She's just happy to be on the move again and protected. She asks where you're from and stuff like that but nothing too private.

I tell her that I was from the Bjornling region of Norsca, (or the South West Part) my people still hold onto Olric, or Ulric as the Southern folk call him and we have little truck with the Four. I left home partly because of wanderlust, but partly because there had been some VERY bad rumors coming out of the North. The Northern Norscans are getting excited over something and I'd heard that the Kurgans of the far North are apparently moving West and South in numbers unseen in generations. I figured that something REALLY bad was going to come out of the North, and that Tillea and Averland were more than far enough South to be out of the way of whatever disaster is coming. Let her chew on that.

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Oh. Wouldn't that be pseudo-Italian then?

Maybe but honestly does it make that big a difference in the big picture?

"Someone woefully deprived of the opportunity to peruse the written word over the past several weeks."

"A Norscan who reads....will wonders never cease..." Though you realize there is little venom in his voice.

I put down the book, though not before marking my place.

"Varg Skarin. I would say 'at your service' but as I am not one of the dukedom's subjects and I've heard Bretonnian's aren't particularly keen on hiring mercenaries, so I will simply say - thank you for your hospitality."

Now, let's see if he takes it in good humor or if I've pissed him off.

Also ... once again? My, Mort seems to get around.

Amazingly he actually laughs when you say that. "It's no trouble at all Varg. I've heard from my Castellian and his son what his story is and I must thank you for guiding him back home and rescuing him from those bandits. I promise that you will be rewarded for your actions. So what brings a Norscan such as yourself to Brionne? You aren't a spy for the rest of your kin are you?" His voice remains jovial but there is just a hint of steel in his voice when he asks that.

bzzt3421 wrote:bzzt3421 wrote:
Coin: 40 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes.

Huh, good find. I examine the gun to see if it has a grooved barrel, a lock stock, flint hammer, attached scope, even if it's got a signature. If it checks out, and if I can test fire it(and meets the range standard), I'll buy it.

Astoundingly it really IS a Hochland Longrifle. And yes he lets you shoot the thing before purchase.

After that, I'll train, and do some research. See what the current food production and equipment are, the metal business, mechanization, things like that. The Empire should be pretty advanced with the trade with dwarfs thing they've got going on, but every little bit will help when Archaon starts up.

Well to be frank, Ostland itself is a bit behind, by a more than a bit compared to other parts of the empire. Mostly it's the middle of the Rennaissance sort of stuff. Heavy plate is common among the knights and halbediers, bowmen, and handgunners are common troops here. Also Ostlanders are well known for holding to the 'If it ain't broke don't fix it.' line of thought.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:54 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King (FUCK)

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace

And she quite enjoys it though she's unable to walk for a while.
Well I glad see enjoyed the night, as there are going to me many like it from now on.

Messages return with people more than a little surprised at how quick you made a move but many Jarls promise they'll come if they can.
I'll make it a point to have word sent to them that the wedding is still a ways away for now, so they should just focus on there task at hand. Though in the coming meeting, I'll have the date of the wedding for them.

He stares at you like you grew an extra head.
"Well my Friend, remember how I told you before that I had more info that could help us against chaos. Well one of those pieces is about the people of Albion from ages past. A once great people of great power and skill in the arcana arts. An ones used that power all those ages ago to do something that even to this day the High Elves can not do as well, and that was to seal the chaos of the north in place and lock it from ever going larger. Though such workings came with a mighty cost and the once rich lands those people called home soon became a sick shadow of what it once was, as lands once rich and strong, soon withered and sicked. An the mists they used to help defend the lands from chaos invasion, soon sickened the land even further, as the very sun itself was taken from them for vast times of the year. Which made it's people devolve to the most basic of tribes and clans, as there once mighty kingdom fracture under the strain of there now cursed land.

An that is how your Albion came to be the cold and wet hell you know it to be. But, even though there people lost almost all that made them who there are. Their casters or druids as the call themselves, are still caster of power and still maintain the the network of seals that guard the north for us all. An though the have long forgotten what those rituals they do or why they do them. They still have knowledge and power that would be a great boon in our coming battle which we could use. An if we can make peace with them, we might even be able to get our hands on some of the items from there kingdom of ages pass. Which if found could turn a man into the equal of a greater daemon of the 4.

So what do you think of the Albion's now my friend?

Heh heh we'll see.
Ah, the laughter of the DM. If that wasn't a sign of "fun" times I don't know what is. Razz

He's silent for a while, then he smiles and extends a hand to shake, "I have little trouble with that, so long as you continue to kill those Chaos bastards."
Taking his hand in a shake to seal the deal with a grin. "Well that shouldn't be to hard, as I was planning to kill the bloody bastards anyway."

Though now that is taken care off I ask him if he could let me hire on some more dwarf masons, as with all of the building projects that I'll need to do, have more skilled workers of the skill of the dwarfs would vastly help see a lot of plans done before the coming storm. Also, I would request if he could send a letter to his High King about requesting a meeting for when I travel to the world edge mountains. As while am there dealing with the Everchosen, I would like to be able have word with the made about plans that would effect both our people.

Then once that is handled, I say my thanks to the thane and wish him well before heading back home to continue with my work for the coming storm.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:07 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:He cracks like a twig and starts weeping, begging your and her forgiveness for what he did.

That worked. *grin*

They were ordered to lie.  By the new head of the house, her cousin Adolphus von Gunndard, he'd said that the Miss was killed by pirates but also that there might be charlatans trying to claim they were the Miss.  If they were encountered they were supposed to deny her being the Miss and then report to Master Adolphus.

*sigh* Yup, attempted foul play. *le sigh*

When the name Adolphus is mentioned that pretty face turns as dark as a warp storm out of the wastes of Chaos.  "Adolphus...."  She hisses with enough venom to kill and ogre.  Then she turns to you and says, "Would you mind working with me for a little while?  I have need of your services."

Well, this is becoming more complicated by the minute. How long would she need?

She says that it might not be the best idea to just appear at the home, Adolphus will deny her and call the guards and then she'll NEVER be able to get home, claim what is hers and get revenge on her cousin.

You know, why shouldn't I just... march up there, kill this asshole cousin of hers or force him to confess after destroying his guards and be done with it? I do not have infinite patience, nor do I have all that much time.

Of course, if possible, I could force a duel with him or his champions until he runs out of them and is forced to face me.

So for now she'll need a place to stay for now...she looks to you and with humiliation on her face asks if you were willing to loan her the money needed until she can contact any remaining allies she might have in the city.

*shrug* I don't need all that much gold. I'm a rather worldly guy, so, I'll give her 150 gold. That should be *plenty* to set herself up right now.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:10 am

Protip...

1) The Empire has a legal system. You can sue...

2) The Imperial Legal System has allowances for Judicial combat...

Or you can just challenge the cad to a duel in public with his cousin by your side and then cut him down the middle...

Last edited by Psyckosama on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:12 am

Name: Ark Li Ephemeral
Rune Weapons: Kunai with Chain & Bladed Bow
Coin: N/a
Equipment: Clothes, quiver w/ 35 Arrows, Artois Boar Skin x1 + Tuskx2
Faction: N/a

Brian Boru wrote:With the boar butchered you head on your way down the game trail.  As the light begins to dim you need to decide whether to camp for the night or just plow on through the woods.

Either way as the light almost vanishes, you hear screaming at the edge of your hearing.  Do you investigate or stay put?

Plow onwards!

Of course, I investigate, with preparedness to engage in combat. Likely engage in combat that is. With due haste.

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:13 am

Alright then...you enter the village of Lachenbad with the rest of your entourage behind you after you let them off of the carriage that was on your back.

Looking around you honestly don't see much that could warrant it being the birthplace of Sigmar's rebirth.  Then you hear the clanging of a hammer from what is obviously a smithy.

I enter the smithy and see whoes there. Valten has the mark of the comet on his chest as a Birthmark. I should be able to tell.

Anyways I want to speak to the boy, and to the blacksmith.

In private. Individually.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe

hmm...and a Kislevite fur hat?

Heh.

I tell her that I was from the Bjornling region of Norsca, (or the South West Part) my people still hold onto Olric, or Ulric as the Southern folk call him and we have little truck with the Four.  I left home partly because of wanderlust, but partly because there had been some VERY bad rumors coming out of the North.  The Northern Norscans are getting excited over something and I'd heard that the Kurgans of the far North are apparently moving West and South in numbers unseen in generations.  I figured that something REALLY bad was going to come out of the North, and that Tillea and Averland were more than far enough South to be out of the way of whatever disaster is coming. Let her chew on that.

"And WHY haven't you told this to anyone until now? Or at least the large man with the wolf-cloak?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:Protip...

Or you can just challenge the cad to a duel in public with his cousin by your side and then cut him down the middle...

Marienburg seceded from the Empire a while ago.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:27 am

Aceraptor wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:Protip...

Marienburg seceded from the Empire a while ago.

Similar legal system with most of the same allowances though.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:16 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King (FUCK)

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:

I'll make it a point to have word sent to them that the wedding is still a ways away for now, so they should just focus on there task at hand. Though in the coming meeting, I'll have the date of the wedding for them.

Alright.

"Well my Friend, remember how I told you before that I had more info that could help us against chaos. Well one of those pieces is about the people of Albion from ages past. A once great people of great power and skill in the arcana arts. An ones used that power all those ages ago to do something that even to this day the High Elves can not do as well, and that was to seal the chaos of the north in place and lock it from ever going larger. Though such workings came with a mighty cost and the once rich lands those people called home soon became a sick shadow of what it once was, as lands once rich and strong, soon withered and sicked. An the mists they used to help defend the lands from chaos invasion, soon sickened the land even further, as the very sun itself was taken from them for vast times of the year. Which made it's people devolve to the most basic of tribes and clans, as there once mighty kingdom fracture under the strain of there now cursed land.

An that is how your Albion came to be the cold and wet hell you know it to be. But, even though there people lost almost all that made them who there are. Their casters or druids as the call themselves, are still caster of power and still maintain the the network of seals that guard the north for us all. An though the have long forgotten what those rituals they do or why they do them. They still have knowledge and power that would be a great boon in our coming battle which we could use. An if we can make peace with them, we might even be able to get our hands on some of the items from there kingdom of ages pass. Which if found could turn a man into the equal of a greater daemon of the 4.

So what do you think of the Albion's now my friend?

The look of stunned shock and sheer horror on his face is more than worth the story you told him.  He's more than convinced that leaving Albion alone is vital, though in order to protect the place the Graelings, who are the other major raiding group.  Must be destroyed.  To be frank, they, the Varg, and the Aeslings of the far North are all too far gone now.

Taking his hand in a shake to seal the deal with a grin. "Well that shouldn't be to hard, as I was planning to kill the bloody bastards anyway."

He laughs.

Though now that is taken care off I ask him if he could let me hire on some more dwarf masons, as with all of the building projects that I'll need to do, have more skilled workers of the skill of the dwarfs would vastly help see a lot of plans done before the coming storm. Also, I would request if he could send a letter to his High King about requesting a meeting for when I travel to the world edge mountains. As while am there dealing with the Everchosen, I would like to be able have word with the made about plans that would effect both our people.

He's more than glad to help with your building projects provided you have the coin, (with the support of the Jarls you should.)  though he isn't sure how he's going to be able to send a message quick enough to Karaz-a-Karak to make that much of a difference but he'll try.

Then once that is handled, I say my thanks to the thane and wish him well before heading back home to continue with my work for the coming storm.

When you return you find that hundreds of new arrivals have come to your hold.  A rough shanty town has been made but it'll take a huge project to properly house these people.

900 Men (300 married)
300 women
600 children

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Well, this is becoming more complicated by the minute. How long would she need?

A few weeks, you should only need to act big and scary when she talks with her family's old allies.

You know, why shouldn't I just... march up there, kill this asshole cousin of hers or force him to confess after destroying his guards and be done with it? I do not have infinite patience, nor do I have all that much time.

Well it's more the city guards and declaring her an outlaw that's got her worried.

Of course, if possible, I could force a duel with him or his champions until he runs out of them and is forced to face me.

That might work but it should only be as a last resort as it's somewhat archaic here and many would try to call foul if you fought someone, accusing you of cheating.

*shrug* I don't need all that much gold. I'm a rather worldly guy, so, I'll give her 150 gold. That should be *plenty* to set herself up right now.

She's a bit sandbagged at that, she only needed room and board but this might help plenty with greasing some palms.  She tells you that she'll need to speak with four of her family's business partners.  If she can convince all four to vouch for her than she can properly sue her cousin.  She promises that you'll be handsomely rewarded for this and all you SHOULD need to do is just act scary when she talks with them.

ReinZero wrote:Name: Ark Li Ephemeral

Plow onwards!

Of course, I investigate, with preparedness to engage in combat. Likely engage in combat that is. With due haste.

You thunder towards the sounds, moving through the forest faster than any man should be able to.  When you reach the sound you enter what looks to be a glimpse of hell.  A large band of beasts are attacking a pallisaded settlement with a small stone keep acting as the gate.  On the walls are at least 15 or so men are fighting with woodaxes and a few bows.  While at the gate a bigger man with chainmail, helm, and two handed sword is swinging wildly at the beasts around him while another five men try to aid him, you can see a dead horse filled with spears right behind the knight.  You only manage to spot the knight for a second before a particularly large beast, a bullheaded monstrosity, manages to rear back for a full swing and the knight is unable to dodge, the poor bastard is bifuricated.  The beasts roar and press the attack, the people are now in a panic and the five remaining men won't be able to hold the gates much longer.

I enter the smithy and see whoes there. Valten has the mark of the comet on his chest as a Birthmark. I should be able to tell.

When you enter, you spot an older man hammering a horseshoe into shape while a large and strapping younger man is working the bellows, he keeps his shirt one despite the heat and his distance from the sparks.

Anyways I want to speak to the boy, and to the blacksmith.

In private. Individually.

They notice the wolf priest and the templar behind you and they both turn grim.  The blacksmith asks, "What would you need from us good sirs?"

When you tell them they look to each other then the blacksmith says, "Valten, head on out, I'll talk with our guests first."

The boy looks like he wants to stay, but a sharp look from his father convinces him that he should head out for a bit.

Once the boy is out of ear shot he turns back to you, "Alright...what is it you want from me and my son?"

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

"And WHY haven't you told this to anyone until now? Or at least the large man with the wolf-cloak?"

"To be frankly honest...I'd forgotten.  Considering what all has happened recently it's not THAT surprising but you raise a very good point.  I'll go speak with Father (insert name) right now."  I kiss her good-bye then I head out to talk with the Wolf Priest.  I tell him what I told her and I apologize for not mentioning it sooner, "I realize that it still doesn't make up for omitting this information earlier, but I swear, it wasn't out of malice."

I kneel at the end to help drive home how apologetic I am.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:31 am

Brian Boru wrote:You thunder towards the sounds, moving through the forest faster than any man should be able to.  When you reach the sound you enter what looks to be a glimpse of hell.  A large band of beasts are attacking a pallisaded settlement with a small stone keep acting as the gate.  On the walls are at least 15 or so men are fighting with woodaxes and a few bows.  While at the gate a bigger man with chainmail, helm, and two handed sword is swinging wildly at the beasts around him while another five men try to aid him, you can see a dead horse filled with spears right behind the knight.  You only manage to spot the knight for a second before a particularly large beast, a bullheaded monstrosity, manages to rear back for a full swing and the knight is unable to dodge, the poor bastard is bifuricated.  The beasts roar and press the attack, the people are now in a panic and the five remaining men won't be able to hold the gates much longer.

I hurry to close the distance while firing off a few arrows, not at full draw of course. The larger beasts would be best to be felled by them, but saving the remaining men outside takes precedence. Of course, once I closed in sufficiently, I immediately switch to the Kunai with Chain and proceed to continue to eliminate the beasts so that the men can withdraw back into the keep with the knight's corpse.

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:03 am

They notice the wolf priest and the templar behind you and they both turn grim.  The blacksmith asks, "What would you need from us good sirs?"

When you tell them they look to each other then the blacksmith says, "Valten, head on out, I'll talk with our guests first."

The boy looks like he wants to stay, but a sharp look from his father convinces him that he should head out for a bit.

Once the boy is out of ear shot he turns back to you, "Alright...what is it you want from me and my son?"

"I'll be blunt with you sir, but first, I need an oath of secrecy from you in the name of both Ulric and Sigmar. One that you will swear on your very life's blood. It is of a level of importance beyond any you could imagine."

If he agrees and makes the oath, I tell him the truth... who I am, what I am, who we are, what his son is, and why we're here...

I want to train the boy to be ready for his legacy. Right now too many people would use him for their own gain, my agenda is seeing my fathers will, and that of his brother in arms be done. Valten must be ready for the challenges to come. He needs training, he needs preparation, and he needs to be kept out of politics until he's ready to stand on his own. It's why we're doing this ourselves without trusting the church. The Cult of Sigmar has far too much of an agenda and would want to force him into becoming a mouthpiece for their orthodoxy.

I also mention that we will be seeking a Sigmarite worthy to aid us in his training... a man of some fame named Luthor Huss.

Who mind you is famed for his strong faith and feeling that the church has become corrupted by political intrigue.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.

"To be frankly honest...I'd forgotten.  Considering what all has happened recently it's not THAT surprising but you raise a very good point.  I'll go speak with Father (insert name) right now."  I kiss her good-bye then I head out to talk with the Wolf Priest.  I tell him what I told her and I apologize for not mentioning it sooner, "I realize that it still doesn't make up for omitting this information earlier, but I swear, it wasn't out of malice."

I kneel at the end to help drive home how apologetic I am.

He looks annoyed and basically is damned pleased they're already on thier way to middenheim to meet with the Ur-Ulric.

Oopps. He didn't mean to say that.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:10 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King (FUCK)

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Vassals:

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

Men: 910 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,220

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8
Secondary stone wall x1
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:

The look of stunned shock and sheer horror on his face is more than worth the story you told him.  He's more than convinced that leaving Albion alone is vital, though in order to protect the place the Graelings, who are the other major raiding group.  Must be destroyed.  To be frank, they, the Varg, and the Aeslings of the far North are all too far gone now.
"Well my friend, we shall see if that is the case once we can muster our forces to purge the tainted cancer that has been festering in our lands for far to long. Though I agree with you, chaos can never be aloud a foot hold on the island of Albion, but once things are all handled here. We should try to mend the wounds our people have done to them over the years and try help with trade for their service, as it would not be right or honorable to let them continue as they are."

He's more than glad to help with your building projects provided you have the coin, (with the support of the Jarls you should.)  though he isn't sure how he's going to be able to send a message quick enough to Karaz-a-Karak to make that much of a difference but he'll try.
"That is more then helpful my friend, as I would hate for dwarfs solders to try to slay the vile norscans that come to invade there mountains if I can avoid it. An as for the masons, you will have no worries about getting your coin mt friend. But, I will require you send them as quickly as you can, as there more work then we have time to see done if we are to be ready for the coming storm."

When you return you find that hundreds of new arrivals have come to your hold.  A rough shanty town has been made but it'll take a huge project to properly house these people.

900 Men (300 married)
300 women
600 children
Well damn it looks like there is a lot that needs to be done and not a lot of time to do it in, as with only about a month and a half of time until the I need to leave again for the next meeting. There is not going to be enough hours in the days to get things done. But by Olric, I going to try to see this all done before then.

An so for the next month and a half I will be a whirl of motion and action, with either recruiting, training and arming all my men to my standard. As the new fuel and forges the smiths are using now should be able to keep up with the demand, before also moving one to rearming all the Jarls men to with my new standard.

To Helping Urist and his people and Oleg with my own in putting up new buildings an defenses. With the plans being to clear lands for my new peoples use, building another wall to house the increased amount of people with room for growth and with all the defenses it will need an towers, starting on the work of a real castle where my hall is and building homes for all my new people. Though with the dwarfs help, the building will be moving away from the more normal wooden buildings the norscans are used to. To building of more stone or complete stone, putting to use the new skills in using cement I have be teaching the masons. So that they can get experience in using this new tool and see with their own eyes how it holds up.  

An lastly, continue to train up the smiths and masons until they are at a point where they will no longer need my help with using what I am teaching them.

Though through this all, I will bring Kenna along to help and learn how to direct things, work with the people with me, learn how to be a leader of more then just a small band and to start giving her the experience she will need to help run things. In fact while doing this, I'll come to Renee and ask for her help in teaching Kenna the skills she will need to become a leader of people and offer to make her a vassal in charge of overlooking an running of commerce, trade and my treasury. As I know that she has the head and skill for such work.

An so that will be what I will do until it is time for me to go again for the coming meeting with all of the leaders of the south clans. Where I will take Jarl Ingvar, my queen Kenna, Lady Renee, Tregyv, some masons and smiths that I have taught how to use coke and cement and a escort of 100 bondsmen with our supplies to seal things here in the south.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:22 am

Vargr Skarin

"A Norscan who reads....will wonders never cease..." Though you realize there is little venom in his voice.

"I've heard it said that knowledge is power. I've heard it said that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. But really, I simply find it entertaining and the rest is a side-benefit."

Amazingly he actually laughs when you say that. "It's no trouble at all Varg. I've heard from my Castellian and his son what his story is and I must thank you for guiding him back home and rescuing him from those bandits. I promise that you will be rewarded for your actions. So what brings a Norscan such as yourself to Brionne? You aren't a spy for the rest of your kin are you?" His voice remains jovial but there is just a hint of steel in his voice when he asks that.

"I've only one master, and he's sitting right here," I reply. "Also, raiding this far south would be far from practical. The initial cost in manpower would be prohibitive, ships would be lost in the journey, and any projection of force that would be even reasonably effective would be large enough that it would be seen coming a while off. Nevermind the difficulty in engineering such and convincing the various leaders to not splinter along the way. That, and you would see raiding up and down the Northern coast, simply due to the logistics involved."

Shrug.

"And I am here simply because ... hmm ... I suppose I could say, in complete honesty, that I seek my fortune and while there is a certain nostalgia to the ice and snow the world the world is far larger and more interesting than just that."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:00 am

OOC: My apologies for the delay, things got hectic and I had very limited internet access.

IC:

Name: Visorex Skarin
Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
Money: 144 Gold, 1 silver, 2 copper

Army: 2 Heavy Infantry, 2 Archers
Assets: 2 Riding Horse

He blinks a bit at this but eventually smiles and says, “Then welcome to the service of the lady Sir Skarin! I am glad that we will be companions and possibly neighbors in the future.”

Anything in particular because otherwise the melee begins at highnoon the next day. You notice that the people competing today are far smaller in number than the other events.

Once again, you’re mounted on your riding horse and unarmored. But no one is laughing this time....no one...

It would seem many of the knights have seen the writing on the wall and don't wish to compete in a tournament they have little chance of winning. The ones left are probably doing it just for fun or as a way to test themselves instead of any hope of victory.

As for the lack of laughter, it would seem that this lot do have a brain under those thick skulls and thicker helms.

For this portion of the tournament, I will also be testing myself while minimizing risk. I will charge at my nearest opponent as soon as the start of the melee is called and as quickly and efficiently as possible. The objective is to take the initiative and roll through them before anyone realizes what the hell just happened or has an opportunity to properly respond. As always, I will be mindful of my strength so I don't kill any of the competing knights and wil also be on the lookout for magic weapons as I definitely don't want to be hit by any of those.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Coin: 35 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.

Brian Boru wrote:Astoundingly it really IS a Hochland Longrifle. And yes he lets you shoot the thing before purchase.
Bought then. This should serve as a good example in times to come.

Well to be frank, Ostland itself is a bit behind, by a more than a bit compared to other parts of the empire. Mostly it's the middle of the Rennaissance sort of stuff. Heavy plate is common among the knights and halbediers, bowmen, and handgunners are common troops here. Also Ostlanders are well known for holding to the 'If it ain't broke don't fix it.' line of thought.
So basically like what I thought then. Which means I'll need time and a big enough reputation to start trying to get them to change for the sake of efficiency. Well that's fine, I need to acquire a bit of political power before I can really do anything like that.

Last edited by bzzt3421 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:31 pm

I hurry to close the distance while firing off a few arrows, not at full draw of course. The larger beasts would be best to be felled by them, but saving the remaining men outside takes precedence. Of course, once I closed in sufficiently, I immediately switch to the Kunai with Chain and proceed to continue to eliminate the beasts so that the men can withdraw back into the keep with the knight's corpse.

Your arrow soar through the air like bullets striking the beasts and dropping them in their tracks.  You kill roughly five of the beasts, including the bull which took an arrow through the skull.  Then when the beasts are confused and turning their focus away from their attack towards you, it gives the five enough time to grab their fallen knight and pull him in through the gate.  Before the beasts can return their attention towards the settlement.  Your weapon begins scything through the herd like a buzzsaw, beasts begin to drop with holes punched through them, their heads popping like melons or simply cut to pieces by the chain moving at supersonic speeds.  Before you know it the beasts are dead and the settlement is saved.  A few of the villagers slowly emerge from their positions...then almost as one they drop to the ground on their knees thanking "The Lady" and you for coming to save them.

"I'll be blunt with you sir, but first, I need an oath of secrecy from you in the name of both Ulric and Sigmar. One that you will swear on your very life's blood. It is of a level of importance beyond any you could imagine."

If he agrees and makes the oath, I tell him the truth... who I am, what I am, who we are, what his son is, and why we're here...

He agrees.  At first he seems utterly disbelieving, then skeptic, then slowly and surely a dawning look of shock and awe spreads on his face as you tell him what the situation is and who his son truly is.

I want to train the boy to be ready for his legacy. Right now too many people would use him for their own gain, my agenda is seeing my father's will, and that of his brother in arms be done. Valten must be ready for the challenges to come. He needs training, he needs preparation, and he needs to be kept out of politics until he's ready to stand on his own. It's why we're doing this ourselves without trusting the church. The Cult of Sigmar has far too much of an agenda and would want to force him into becoming a mouthpiece for their orthodoxy.

I also mention that we will be seeking a Sigmarite worthy to aid us in his training... a man of some fame named Luthor Huss.

Who mind you is famed for his strong faith and feeling that the church has become corrupted by political intrigue.

He simply stares for a long while then he sighs, "I am not an educated man, but neither am I a blind man, from the moment he was born, Valten has always been something...different, something more.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is what you claim he is and it was always my personal hope that the lad would become something great later in life.  If he wants to leave with you, then he has my permission to go with you with my full blessing."

Now to bring the boy in.... you spot the kid chatting up Freida, and you're a bit surprised to see that she's all a flutter with the kid.

He looks annoyed and basically is damned pleased they're already on thier way to middenheim to meet with the Ur-Ulric.

Oopps. He didn't mean to say that.

I raise an eyebrow..."To be honest...I was expecting something like that happening...."

If the priest want to keep talking then I'll answer whatever questions he asks to the best of my abilities, then I'll bid him good-bye and return to Cosmina.  I'll tell her what happened when I talked with the priest.

Then we ride on our way North, I wonder if we'll stop in Nuln or Altdorf.  Either way when we get close to Stimmagen when in the Reikland...I'll fake a dream where the twintailed comet is rising again somewhere to the West.  Then I'll try and swing by Lachenbad.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King (FUCK)

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8
Secondary stone wall x1
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x6
-Great Weapon x2
-Archers x2

Inventory:

"Well my friend, we shall see if that is the case once we can muster our forces to purge the tainted cancer that has been festering in our lands for far to long. Though I agree with you, chaos can never be aloud a foot hold on the island of Albion, but once things are all handled here. We should try to mend the wounds our people have done to them over the years and try help with trade for their service, as it would not be right or honorable to let them continue as they are."

We'll see...

"That is more then helpful my friend, as I would hate for dwarfs solders to try to slay the vile norscans that come to invade there mountains if I can avoid it. An as for the masons, you will have no worries about getting your coin mt friend. But, I will require you send them as quickly as you can, as there more work then we have time to see done if we are to be ready for the coming storm."

They'll do what they can.

Well damn it looks like there is a lot that needs to be done and not a lot of time to do it in, as with only about a month and a half of time until the I need to leave again for the next meeting. There is not going to be enough hours in the days to get things done. But by Olric, I going to try to see this all done before then.

An so for the next month and a half I will be a whirl of motion and action, with either recruiting, training and arming all my men to my standard. As the new fuel and forges the smiths are using now should be able to keep up with the demand, before also moving one to rearming all the Jarls men to with my new standard.

To Helping Urist and his people and Oleg with my own in putting up new buildings an defenses. With the plans being to clear lands for my new peoples use, building another wall to house the increased amount of people with room for growth and with all the defenses it will need an towers, starting on the work of a real castle where my hall is and building homes for all my new people. Though with the dwarfs help, the building will be moving away from the more normal wooden buildings the norscans are used to. To building of more stone or complete stone, putting to use the new skills in using cement I have be teaching the masons. So that they can get experience in using this new tool and see with their own eyes how it holds up.  

An lastly, continue to train up the smiths and masons until they are at a point where they will no longer need my help with using what I am teaching them.

Though through this all, I will bring Kenna along to help and learn how to direct things, work with the people with me, learn how to be a leader of more then just a small band and to start giving her the experience she will need to help run things. In fact while doing this, I'll come to Renee and ask for her help in teaching Kenna the skills she will need to become a leader of people and offer to make her a vassal in charge of overlooking an running of commerce, trade and my treasury. As I know that she has the head and skill for such work.

An so that will be what I will do until it is time for me to go again for the coming meeting with all of the leaders of the south clans. Where I will take Jarl Ingvar, my queen Kenna, Lady Renee, Tregyv, some masons and smiths that I have taught how to use coke and cement and a escort of 100 bondsmen with our supplies to seal things here in the south.

To many's amazement, you work like a maniac to accomplish more than thought possible.  The new wall and the new castle is something that hadn't been seen before in the North Lands.

The forges of the Dwarves and the Blacksmiths of the Bjornlings constantly burn forging new gear for the warriors that now live in your settlement.   You expect all of them to be equipped to your standards.  

The housing that you build for your new underlings become wonders of the North according to many.

As for Kenna, she seems to do shockingly well considering what she'd had to learned.  It seems keeping highly trained women from murdering each other did well for keeping people from killing each other in your quickly growing settlement.  Renee also does surprisingly good work with her and as a steward of sorts.

Eventually the time to return to the meeting comes.  Who do you wish to bring?

"I've heard it said that knowledge is power. I've heard it said that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. But really, I simply find it entertaining and the rest is a side-benefit."

"Ah a clever man...I can appreciate that.  So where did you learn and who taught you?"

"I've only one master, and he's sitting right here," I reply. "Also, raiding this far south would be far from practical. The initial cost in manpower would be prohibitive, ships would be lost in the journey, and any projection of force that would be even reasonably effective would be large enough that it would be seen coming a while off. Nevermind the difficulty in engineering such and convincing the various leaders to not splinter along the way. That, and you would see raiding up and down the Northern coast, simply due to the logistics involved."

You swear his eyes were spinning for half a second but he shakes it off.  "Alright Alright.  You have convinced me."

Shrug.

"And I am here simply because ... hmm ... I suppose I could say, in complete honesty, that I seek my fortune and while there is a certain nostalgia to the ice and snow the world the world is far larger and more interesting than just that."

"That it is... Come with me Varg, young Mortimer claimed that you had some incredible strength to you...I'd like to see that for myself..."

afterthought53 wrote:OOC: My apologies for the delay, things got hectic and I had very limited internet access.

No problem

IC:

Name: Visorex Skarin
   Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
   Money: 144 Gold, 1 silver, 2 copper

Army: 2 Heavy Infantry, 2 Archers
   Assets: 2 Riding Horse

It would seem many of the knights have seen the writing on the wall and don't wish to compete in a tournament they have little chance of winning. The ones left are probably doing it just for fun or as a way to test themselves instead of any hope of victory.

As for the lack of laughter, it would seem that this lot do have a brain under those thick skulls and thicker helms.

For this portion of the tournament, I will also be testing myself while minimizing risk. I will charge at my nearest opponent as soon as the start of the melee is called and as quickly and efficiently as possible. The objective is to take the initiative and roll through them before anyone realizes what the hell just happened or has an opportunity to properly respond. As always, I will be mindful of my strength so I don't kill any of the competing knights and wil also be on the lookout for magic weapons as I definitely don't want to be hit by any of those.

The tournament begins and you send your horse after the nearest knight errant in the fight.  The poor kid only lasts a few swings before he's knocked clean off his horse and out cold on the ground.  This continues for a while until there is only you and a Grail Knight still in the fight.  Narrowing his eyes, he lifts his sword and charges, his horse flying over the ground.   Your horse, a bitty thing compared to his gigantic stallion charges as well, exhausted but doggedly determined himself.

The two of you swing just as you pass by each other.  His sword clashes with your sword and is momentarily blocked long enough for a blow from your ax to strike him in the head and knock him off his horse.

You've won the tournament....  The people still more than a little stunned, cheer for the victory and Hincmar declares you the winner.  Your friends and followers who decided to see this final day themselves cheer the loudest for you.

Anything you wish to say before you meet with Hincmar to decide where your holdings will be?

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.

Bought then. This should serve as a good example in times to come.

Good one you.

So basically like what I thought then. Which means I'll need time and a big enough reputation to start trying to get them to change for the sake of efficiency. Well that's fine, I need to acquire a bit of political power before I can really do anything like that.

Well to get a name for yourself here. It would be prudent to begin clearing out beastmen and greenskins from the forests and mountains.  There are constant patrols in and out of the city.  When you ask, there seem to be two patrols heading out in a few days.  One will be heading into the middle mountains while another will be heading into the Forest of Shadows which one do you wish to go with?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 7 months

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 910
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200
Total: 910

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

To many's amazement, you work like a maniac to accomplish more than thought possible.  The new wall and the new castle is something that hadn't been seen before in the North Lands.
Well I'll be damned, I actually finished before we had leave. Though I don't know if that was because of the extra help from the dwarfs, our people, Kenna's help in leadership or Renee's help in making sure everything kept running smoothly and everyone got there pay on time. But mostly, I'm betting it was because of all of those things. An damn am I happy to have some great support from my friends in all this to see this down. As it we can keep up this speed of progress, we will be able to crush the northern clans before the storm even has a chance to come.

The forges of the Dwarves and the Blacksmiths of the Bjornlings constantly burn forging new gear for the warriors that now live in your settlement.   You expect all of them to be equipped to your standards.  
By Olric, isn't that a beautiful sight. Man and dwarf working as one, bettering themselves and aiding each other to ready themselves for a common foe. By the gods, with these new forges and our allies. The forces of the 4 will not know what will hit them when we bring down Thor's mighty hammer upon them.

The housing that you build for your new underlings become wonders of the North according to many.
An now with my teachings being finally able to fully take root in our masons and prove there worth, I know that are time as a people is coming soon. As with all of the wonders our people will be able to build with this new tool now and with it's speed, we will truly be able to rule this land as a equal to the kingdoms that surround us and no longer be just a band of "raiders". As even they will have to accept that we are real player once again in the grand game.

As for Kenna, she seems to do shockingly well considering what she'd had to learned.  It seems keeping highly trained women from murdering each other did well for keeping people from killing each other in your quickly growing settlement.  Renee also does surprisingly good work with her and as a steward of sorts.
Good, as seeing now how Kenna is taking to running things on a larger scale like a bear to fishing, puts a lot of the worries I didn't know I had until now to rest. An seeing how Renee is whipping the rest of them into good shape just continues to warm my heart.  

Eventually the time to return to the meeting comes.  Who do you wish to bring?
I will take Jarl Ingvar, my queen Kenna, Lady Renee my steward, Tregyv, some masons and smiths that I have taught how to use coke and cement and a escort of 100 bondsmen(40 axe and shield, 30 Greatweapon and 30 archer types) with our supplies to seal things here in the south.

Though before we leave I will leave orders for the Urist and the dwarfs to continue to expand the castles holdings until it covers the full scope of the inner most wall following this design.
You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 11 Iso_castle_by_fool

An for Oleg and our people, I'll leave them to get started on building a real road system to make cement stone roads in my holdings and to all the surrounding friendly holds for now with this design.
You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 11 123797399

Last edited by Ironforge on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:20 am; edited 8 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Vargr Skarin

"Ah a clever man...I can appreciate that. So where did you learn and who taught you?"

"Even scholars need to eat, especially on the road. And so I've learned from many people, in various places."

You swear his eyes were spinning for half a second but he shakes it off. "Alright Alright. You have convinced me."

A Norscan considering logistics is probably just that odd ... heh.

"That it is... Come with me Varg, young Mortimer claimed that you had some incredible strength to you...I'd like to see that for myself..."

"I suppose saying no would be terribly impolite," I stand and follow. This should be amusing.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Good one you.

Well to get a name for yourself here. It would be prudent to begin clearing out beastmen and greenskins from the forests and mountains. There are constant patrols in and out of the city. When you ask, there seem to be two patrols heading out in a few days. One will be heading into the middle mountains while another will be heading into the Forest of Shadows which one do you wish to go with?

The Forest, best to clear out the land the people are used to using. Sides the wolves probably track better in the woodlands. I leave the rifle and the paper behind, grab my gear, Piet and the wolves and go meet up with the Forest Patrol. Should be fun. Laughing 

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:37 pm

He agrees.  At first he seems utterly disbelieving, then skeptic, then slowly and surely a dawning look of shock and awe spreads on his face as you tell him what the situation is and who his son truly is.

"Aye. Your son is blessed, Chosen by Sigmar himself to be his Champion..."

He simply stares for a long while then he sighs, "I am not an educated man, but neither am I a blind man, from the moment he was born, Valten has always been something...different, something more.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is what you claim he is and it was always my personal hope that the lad would become something great later in life.  If he wants to leave with you, then he has my permission to go with you with my full blessing."

"He must... because destiny waits for no one and if he meets his destiny unprepared then the vultures will circle. There are many whom are deeply invested in the way things work now, and having the Exalted of Sigmar about would be contrary to their agendas... at the best they'd try and make him a puppet. At the worst..." long meaningful look. "He must be ready."

Now to bring the boy in.... you spot the kid chatting up Freida, and you're a bit surprised to see that she's all a flutter with the kid.

I talk to him and explain things, including how dire it is... I also mention Freida will be doing our cooking and mending... Wink

I raise an eyebrow..."To be honest...I was expecting something like that happening...."

He sighs.

If the priest want to keep talking then I'll answer whatever questions he asks to the best of my abilities, then I'll bid him good-bye and return to Cosmina.  I'll tell her what happened when I talked with the priest.

She whispers. "I never told you this... but I heard talking that they believe you to be chosen by the gods."

Then we ride on our way North, I wonder if we'll stop in Nuln or Altdorf.  Either way when we get close to Stimmagen when in the Reikland...I'll fake a dream where the twintailed comet is rising again somewhere to the West.  Then I'll try and swing by Lachenbad.

You say Lachenbad, you do a detour to Lachenbad.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:57 am

Equipment: Clothes, quiver w/ 3o Arrows, Artois Boar Skin x1 + Tusk x2

Brian Boru wrote:Your arrow soar through the air like bullets striking the beasts and dropping them in their tracks.  You kill roughly five of the beasts, including the bull which took an arrow through the skull.  Then when the beasts are confused and turning their focus away from their attack towards you, it gives the five enough time to grab their fallen knight and pull him in through the gate.  Before the beasts can return their attention towards the settlement.  Your weapon begins scything through the herd like a buzzsaw, beasts begin to drop with holes punched through them, their heads popping like melons or simply cut to pieces by the chain moving at supersonic speeds.  Before you know it the beasts are dead and the settlement is saved.  A few of the villagers slowly emerge from their positions...then almost as one they drop to the ground on their knees thanking "The Lady" and you for coming to save them.

I apologize for not arriving earlier while, from my point of view, making light of my actions. But without serious attempt at convincing them of such, after all, there's no need nor reason to douse their mood. I ask/see if there is anything I can help with... in addition to retrieving any arrows that are still useable. Looting per say at this time isn't really ideal given the mood and all.

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:49 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:
Time: 7 months

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x8
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Well I'll be damned, I actually finished before we had leave. Though I don't know if that was because of the extra help from the dwarfs, our people, Kenna's help in leadership or Renee's help in making sure everything kept running smoothly and everyone got there pay on time. But mostly, I'm betting it was because of all of those things. An damn am I happy to have some great support from my friends in all this to see this down. As it we can keep up this speed of progress, we will be able to crush the northern clans before the storm even has a chance to come.

Heh

By Olric, isn't that a beautiful sight. Man and dwarf working as one, bettering themselves and aiding each other to ready themselves for a common foe. By the gods, with these new forges and our allies. The forces of the 4 will not know what will hit them when we bring down Thor's mighty hammer upon them.

Other tribes might get jealous but for now it’s nothing but good.

An now with my teachings being finally able to fully take root in our masons and prove there worth, I know that are time as a people is coming soon. As with all of the wonders our people will be able to build with this new tool now and with it's speed, we will truly be able to rule this land as a equal to the kingdoms that surround us and no longer be just a band of "raiders". As even they will have to accept that we are real player once again in the grand game.

We’ll see.

Good, as seeing now how Kenna is taking to running things on a larger scale like a bear to fishing, puts a lot of the worries I didn't know I had until now to rest. An seeing how Renee is whipping the rest of them into good shape just continues to warm my heart.  

Quite a few young men are starting to see how valuable a wife like that could be and you notice people dragging in big predators and the occasional beastman from the Northern Taiga.

I will take Jarl Ingvar, my queen Kenna, Lady Renee my steward, Tregyv, some masons and smiths that I have taught how to use coke and cement and a escort of 100 bondsmen(40 axe and shield, 30 Greatweapon and 30 archer types) with our supplies to seal things here in the south.

Though before we leave I will leave orders for the Urist and the dwarfs to continue to expand the castles holdings until it covers the full scope of the inner most wall following this design.
You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 11 Iso_castle_by_fool

An for Oleg and our people, I'll leave them to get started on building a real road system to make cement stone roads in my holdings and to all the surrounding friendly holds for now with this design.
You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 11 Romanroad

The castle is a gigantic endeavour, but they feel give them six months and they might have something that size and that durable but it will be EXPENSIVE.  Do note that, you might want to make another raid at some point to pay for all that.

They'll also do what they can with the roads.

The bondsmen are ready to march, they’re armed with your new gear and you feel that unless they run into chaos warriors and knights, there isn’t a damn force in all of Norsca that could take them in a fair fight.

Either way....you march!

Roughly a week into your trip you have to stop nearby a thick forest.  As you’re about to go to sleep the sound of brassy horns ring out of the forest and ulating howls.  A beast herd 600 strong is pouring out of the forest.

"Even scholars need to eat, especially on the road. And so I've learned from many people, in various places."

“Interesting...”

"I suppose saying no would be terribly impolite," I stand and follow. This should be amusing.

He takes you out to the courtyard of the castle, he comes out with an ax and shield and puts on his armor.  “It’s time for my daily sparing, it would be my pleasure if I could have a bout with you.  First to submission should be fair yes?”

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin

The Forest, best to clear out the land the people are used to using. Sides the wolves probably track better in the woodlands. I leave the rifle and the paper behind, grab my gear, Piet and the wolves and go meet up with the Forest Patrol. Should be fun. Laughing

The patrol, 100 strong, and made up of 60 halbediers, 40 handgunners, and a knight acting as the official leader though he is more than willing to work with you when he learns that you’re the hero of the Kislev marches.

And so you set out. Roll a d100 to find out what will happen next.

"Aye. Your son is blessed, Chosen by Sigmar himself to be his Champion..."

He’s more than a little overwhelmed.

"He must... because destiny waits for no one and if he meets his destiny unprepared then the vultures will circle. There are many whom are deeply invested in the way things work now, and having the Exalted of Sigmar about would be contrary to their agendas... at the best they'd try and make him a puppet. At the worst..." long meaningful look. "He must be ready."

“And he will... He will go  I am sure of that.

I talk to him and explain things, including how dire it is... I also mention Freida will be doing our cooking and mending... Wink

He’s shocked, to say the least but with a maturity beyond his years he nods and says, “I understand, my entire life I’ve felt that there was something great that would happen to the world in my lifetime.  This.” he points to the mark of the twin-tailed comet on his chest, “made it perfectly clear....”  He’s quiet for a long while then he says, “I will go.  It seems that I need to go if our world  needs me then I will do it gladly.”

His father walks over to him and embraces him wishing luck and that the god’s watch over him.  Then he enters his storage room and returns with a battle hammer.  “I made this for a mercenary years ago, the man died before he could claim it but I think you deserve it more than anyone else.  Use it well son and may the gods watch over you.”

Valten takes the hammer and even the Ulriicians seem somewhat impressed at what they see.

So where to now?

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

He sighs.

Sheepish grin, “Sorry, I can claim I never heard it.”

She whispers. "I never told you this... but I heard talking that they believe you to be chosen by the gods."

I’m silent for a moment then I say, “What?  You must be joking! Me?  Chosen by the gods?  What makes them think that?  I realize I’m strong enough to shatter a mountain...but I thought it was the ax and sword that did that to me....gods...”

I then turn to her, “Do you believe it?”

You say Lachenbad, you do a detour to Lachenbad.

Then Lachenbad I go, if someone asks I tell them that there is some feeling in my gut telling me that I need to go there.

Equipment: Clothes, quiver w/ 3o Arrows, Artois Boar Skin x1 + Tusk x2

I apologize for not arriving earlier while, from my point of view, making light of my actions. But without serious attempt at convincing them of such, after all, there's no need nor reason to douse their mood. I ask/see if there is anything I can help with... in addition to retrieving any arrows that are still useable. Looting per say at this time isn't really ideal given the mood and all.

They’re more than willing to forgive you for not coming sooner.  After all they weren’t expecting another noble knight being able to come out here so quickly, and besides you saved them right when they would have been all slain.  When you ask if you could help them, they stare in surprise.  But they quickly recover and say that it wouldn’t be proper let them take care of it.  You can set up in the keep if you wish it is only proper for the lord to stay there.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:55 am

He’s shocked, to say the least but with a maturity beyond his years he nods and says, “I understand, my entire life I’ve felt that there was something great that would happen to the world in my lifetime.  This.” he points to the mark of the twin-tailed comet on his chest, “made it perfectly clear....”  He’s quiet for a long while then he says, “I will go.  It seems that I need to go if our world  needs me then I will do it gladly.”

"I'm glad you're taking this so seriously. I'll warn you now, its not going to be easy... but nothing worth doing ever is."

His father walks over to him and embraces him wishing luck and that the god’s watch over him.  Then he enters his storage room and returns with a battle hammer.  “I made this for a mercenary years ago, the man died before he could claim it but I think you deserve it more than anyone else.  Use it well son and may the gods watch over you.”

"They will," I smile, "He's favored of both Sigmar and Ulric."

Valten takes the hammer and even the Ulriicians seem somewhat impressed at what they see.

Of course they would be, Sigmar was the foremost of Ulric's champions.

So where to now?

Find Huss.

I’m silent for a moment then I say, “What?  You must be joking! Me?  Chosen by the gods?  What makes them think that?  I realize I’m strong enough to shatter a mountain...but I thought it was the ax and sword that did that to me....gods...”

I then turn to her, “Do you believe it?”

I don't think just a couple weapons could give you this sort of power. That's for sure."

Then Lachenbad I go, if someone asks I tell them that there is some feeling in my gut telling me that I need to go there.

d100 and what do you intend to do when you get there?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:05 am

"I'm glad you're taking this so seriously. I'll warn you now, its not going to be easy... but nothing worth doing ever is."

"I would imagine not."

"They will," I smile, "He's favored of both Sigmar and Ulric."

He shakes his head in amazement.

Of course they would be, Sigmar was the foremost of Ulric's champions.

True.

Find Huss.

A d100

I don't think just a couple weapons could give you this sort of power. That's for sure."

"Maybe not...though the Gold Wizard started drinking like a fish after he looked at them...maybe they woke something up in me...like a spark in a pile of gunpowder...I don't know..."

I look to her, "And this doesn't scare you at all? Being this close to me?" I hope she isn't scared at this.

d100 and what do you intend to do when you get there?

D&D dice roller gave me a 74

I'll ask around for someone marked with a twin-tailed comet somewhere on him. I've had constant dreams about it.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:17 am

"I would imagine not."

True true...

He shakes his head in amazement.

I simply smile.

A d100

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

"Maybe not...though the Gold Wizard started drinking like a fish after he looked at them...maybe they woke something up in me...like a spark in a pile of gunpowder...I don't know..."

"He was muttering something about DWARVES."

I look to her, "And this doesn't scare you at all?  Being this close to me?"  I hope she isn't scared at this.

If she is she's hiding it well

D&D dice roller gave me a 74

Remember

Code:
[roll="d100]1[/roll]

On the way you're woken from your sleep by the sound of cannon shot!

I'll ask around for someone marked with a twin-tailed comet somewhere on him.  I've had constant dreams about it.

They get a bit defensive. Roll another d100

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:25 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:
Time: 7 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Other tribes might get jealous but for now it’s nothing but good.
Well hopefully by that time, my crafters will have been able to share their new skills with the crafters of other clans making this point moot.

Quite a few young men are starting to see how valuable a wife like that could be and you notice people dragging in big predators and the occasional beastman from the Northern Taiga.
Well then I wish them luck, as Renee deserves to be happy and get that family she always wanted.

The castle is a gigantic endeavour, but they feel give them six months and they might have something that size and that durable but it will be EXPENSIVE.  Do note that, you might want to make another raid at some point to pay for all that.
Well that should not be a issue, as with the coming plans of purging coming. There will be much to reap soon. An with my coming plans of starting up mines and quarries to start harvesting the rich resources that the Norsca lands have, wealth should not be a large issue for the soon future.

They'll also do what they can with the roads.
Good, the sooner this is started and finished with the better off we will all be.

The bondsmen are ready to march, they’re armed with your new gear and you feel that unless they run into chaos warriors and knights, there isn’t a damn force in all of Norsca that could take them in a fair fight.
Excellent, as this is a great start. As now I only need to stat gathering a elite core to better lead my men and fight against the other elite troops of our enemies. So that I continue to round out our forces.  

Roughly a week into your trip you have to stop nearby a thick forest.  As you’re about to go to sleep the sound of brassy horns ring out of the forest and ulating howls.  A beast herd 600 strong is pouring out of the forest.
It seems that combat is upon us again, which gives us the perfect chance to put to test my mens new arms and training. I stand and shout for all my men to hear with wolfish grin looking forward to the slaughter I will bring to foul agents of the 4. "To arms my brothers, to arms! We have guests and it would not be proper to welcome them without telling them who well be sending them back to there foul masters! So form up men and get ready for battle as we mighty gift to honor Olric with today, as I see 600 beasts we can slay in his name to purge from his Lands!"

An so I'll have the shield and great weapon troops form up in 2 ranks with 40 in the first and 30 in the second. With shields in the front and great weapon users in the back, where they will release a shower of javelins on the closing threat, before letting them ram into there shield wall. While the greatweapon users ready to move forward once the beastmen impact on the walls. The archers on the other hand will stay in the back in two ranks of 15 raining death on the incoming beastmen, then moving in to reinforce the lines once they close ranks.

While this is happening I'll quickly head over to the Jarl Ingvar and Keena and tell them I'm leaving them in charge of the men so I can come around to flank the beastmen for the side, where upon they will lead the men to crush the shattered remains of the ranks. An as for Tregyv, I'll leave him to work with Ingvar, as I'm sure will have with such a target rich environment.

Then once everyone knows of plan and their places in it, I take off and run around so I can have a clear line of sight with the side of the beastmen lines and just plow through there sides stopping for nothing as carve their ranks in two. Before swing back around to hit them again and just bury myself into their people and kill all I can, first aiming for any casters or leaders before working my way down.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:53 am

You head on south looking for Huss, asking around for a man of that name.  People are complete jackasses to you and more than once a brawl almost happens when someone screams Norscan.  Amazingly Valten steps up a number of times to save your ass, he fails more often than not but he tries.  Eventually you reach the area of Nuln, the last place where people willing to talk to you said he was heading.  The city is massive, bigger than Middenheim and the place much more cosmopolitan.   Where do you want to look around for news about Huss and what do you wish to do in the city?

"He was muttering something about DWARVES."

I shrug, "It was an idea..."

If she is she's hiding it well

I sigh and hold her close, having someone is...nice I will admit.

On the way you're woken from your sleep by the sound of cannon shot!

I spring out of bed and grab my ax and shield, then I thunder onto deck, "What is it?  Raiders?"

They get a bit defensive. Roll another d100

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

I swear to them on my honor and by the gods that I mean no harm to this person whatsoever, but I just need to see them for myself.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:
Time: 7 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
994 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x410
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well hopefully by that time, my crafters will have been able to share their new skills with the crafters of other clans making this point moot.

I meant Northern clans but I digress.

Well that should not be a issue, as with the coming plans of purging coming. There will be much to reap soon. An with my coming plans of starting up mines and quarries to start harvesting the rich resources that the Norsca lands have, wealth should not be a large issue for the soon future.

We'll see.

Excellent, as this is a great start. As now I only need to stat gathering a elite core to better lead my men and fight against the other elite troops of our enemies. So that I continue to round out our forces.

Alright  

It seems that combat is upon us again, which gives us the perfect chance to put to test my mens new arms and training. I stand and shout for all my men to hear with wolfish grin looking forward to the slaughter I will bring to foul agents of the 4. "To arms my brothers, to arms! We have guests and it would not be proper to welcome them without telling them who well be sending them back to there foul masters! So form up men and get ready for battle as we mighty gift to honor Olric with today, as I see 600 beasts we can slay in his name to purge from his Lands!"

They quickly line up and bellow their own battle cries.

An so I'll have the shield and great weapon troops form up in 2 ranks with 40 in the first and 30 in the second. With shields in the front and great weapon users in the back, where they will release a shower of javelins on the closing threat, before letting them ram into there shield wall, we the greatweapon users ready to move forward once the beastmen impact on the walls. The archers on the other hand will say in the back in two ranks of 15 raining death on the incoming beastmen, then moving in to reinforce the lines once they close ranks.

While this is happening I'll quickly head over to the Jarl Ingvar and Keena and tell them I'm leaving them in charge of the men so I can come around to flank the beastmen for the side, where upon they will lead the men to crush the shattered remains of the ranks. An as for Tregyv, I'll leave him to work with Ingvar, as I'm sure will have with such a target rich environment.

Then once everyone knows of plan and their places in it, I take off and run around so I can have a clear line of sight with the side of the beastmen lines and just plow through there sides stopping for nothing as carve their ranks in two. Before swing back around to hit them again and just bury myself into their people and kill all I can, first aiming for any casters or leaders before working my way down.

Like a wave the beasts fall on the armored ranks of your warriors, and like a wave they splinter and splash in every direction, though the spray is more blood than water.  Then Tregyv begins his raining down of hellfire on the back ranks of the herd.  Interestingly there isn't a shaman among them.

Then when you crash into their back once Tregyv stops the fireworks they shatter like glass, scattering in every direction possible.  The clean up doesn't take long either.  Soon you have 600 dead beastmen.  What now?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next