Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

4 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 8 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:Whatever you think would pique the interest of a cattle boss.

Relationship with nature, and the idea of spirits as "small gods". Basically I'll actually take a look to see if there are any local spirits that would behoove him to honor that he might not know about.

Also the ideas of freedom. Basically a man ought to do what he wants as long as no one is harmed by his action, he doesn't move into gross excess that would fuel chaos, and he doesn't forget his responsibility to society via the social contract.

At this point she honestly want the powers of a vampire no longer.  She wants be free of the maddening thirst that has hounded her for centuries now.  All of those she loved are dead and gone and she never even wanted to become a vampire.  If you can truly do it.  Then DO IT!

"Alright. This might hurt. Or kill you. "

And so...you do.  Ungrim watches with some curiosity though he has his ax ready for anything.

Okay.

You thought bending nearly 100 dwarves was hard, this....this is horrible, agonzing even...but you did it.  Some way, somehow, you managed to find the...well metaphysical spike is the best way to describe the vampire curse.  A spike as in it pins the soul to the living world even if it should be dead.  For a moment Florina's soul looked ready to fly into the afterlife but it grounded itself an instant later.

Finally it's done.  Florina staggers and drops to the ground.  She places her hand over her chest.  Her eyes widen in utter shock.  She grabs your arm and with surprising strength places you hand at the same place.  A steady beat is felt under neath there.

I smile tiredly. "You're alive."

All is silent for a moment, then with a shout of uncontrollable joy the woman flies 20 feet into the air on a gust of wind from her feet...she starts falling soon after with a squeal.

I jump up and catch her.

"And it seems you're an Airbender..."

Right then.

So what do we go over first?  party?  Finish explanation?

THe party is basically just a meal with you being held up as an honored guest. The real celebration will be in a couple days.

If finish explanation then I tell them the story of Raava and Vaatu, how she is a spirit of order, balance and good and how she does battle with he of Chaos, destruction and outright evil...the bastard would fit well with the four I think.  She is why I can bend all the elements and she allows me to access all of the knowledge and powers of my predecessors.  So yes, I am something of a priest of a goddess.  High Priest of the Cult of Raava.  Though none ever worshiped her as such, nor would she consider herself as such.

Actually, more like the literal Avatar of Raava but I digress

"Interesting... Sounds like a right and reasonable goddess. Foreign to these lands, but respectable."

The ur-Ulric seems to be interested for purely academic reasons... while Boris has dispatched some men to the border to see where you killed the beastmen.

Anyways, want to skip ahead or finish these conversations?

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 8 Empty Re: Master of the Elements: You in the Warhammer World Mk. II

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:Roll a d6 for how well the horse heals.

... alas horsebro, we hardly knew ye ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:16 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 3

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:03 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Relationship with nature, and the idea of spirits as "small gods". Basically I'll actually take a look to see if there are any local spirits that would behoove him to honor that he might not know about.

Well minor godlings are found in various corners of the Empire though not anywhere near where the big temples can find them. If you look roll a dice.

Also the ideas of freedom. Basically a man ought to do what he wants as long as no one is harmed by his action, he doesn't move into gross excess that would fuel chaos, and he doesn't forget his responsibility to society via the social contract.

"Sounds like a reasonable sort."

"Alright. This might hurt. Or kill you. "

"You think that scares me at this point?"

I smile tiredly. "You're alive."

The warmest smile you've ever seen spreads across her face. And if anything she's even lovelier than before.

I jump up and catch her.

"And it seems you're an Airbender..."

She flushes like a school girl and you realize she was quite young when she was changed...no more than her early twenties.

"Either put her down or kiss already manling. We need to get a move on." Ungrim finally grunts, some mild amusement in his voice. Though he was gawping like a fish earlier.

THe party is basically just a meal with you being held up as an honored guest. The real celebration will be in a couple days.

Right then. I do my best not to make a fool of myself and just do a monkey see, monkey do routine with my utensils and the diners around me.

Actually, more like the literal Avatar of Raava but I digress

Snort.

"Interesting... Sounds like a right and reasonable goddess. Foreign to these lands, but respectable."

That is a relief.

"So does that mean no one is siccing the Witch Hunters after me?"

The ur-Ulric seems to be interested for purely academic reasons... while Boris has dispatched some men to the border to see where you killed the beastmen.

If he wants I can give him a proper show of what I can do if he's got about several square miles of forest no one will miss.

Anyways, want to skip ahead or finish these conversations?

Unless either of them have more questions I'll be glad to answer.

I do tell him what I plan to do with the money. Simply put, there is something horrible coming in from the North. An Everchosen. A former Templar of Sigmar that went mad ages ago. He's nearly ready to march south with all the hordes of chaos. Kazrak being destroyed has weakened a possible fifth danger in the bosom of the empire but it still isn't enough.

He has a goal. A terrible goal, corrupting the Eternal Flame of Ulric right here in Middenheim, he intends to corrupt the flame by doing what Magnus the Pius did several hundred years ago.

I intend to travel throughout the Old World, striking down anything and everything that could redirect the strength of Man, Dwarf or Elf away from the threat to the North.

But I have longer term goals than that. "I've heard the histories and the legends, and I've noticed a pattern...the frequency of Everchosen arising and spewing forth from the North is increasing. Kul came south 250 years ago. And the one before him was from the time of Sigmar, his predecessor was from an even greater distance in the past. If this pattern continues, young men who will fight in this invasion may see another Everchosen thundering South by the time they're Grey-beards. And the next one might come before the previous one is recovered from. Soon we might have a never ending wave of Beastmen, Demons, and Followers of the Four pouring from the North and enveloping the entire world.

"I intend to stop that. First, I will strengthen the kingdoms of men and the Karaz Ankor, clearing the forests and the mountains. I will bring the disparate principalities closer together.

"Tell me, Marienburg still rankles the pride of the Empire, and her immense wealth would be a great boon to the Empire? I can bring her back into the fold. Marienburg is free because of three things really. A powerful navy, great wealth, and an impenetrable swamp. I can fix that third problem, allow the Empire to march on dry land all the way to the walls of the city.

"In return I want the Border Princes, and to drive to the Badlands and the South. I intend to make a proper kingdom there to support the Empire and Brettonnia against invasions from the South. And if I die before that happens then my children and my successor to my power must be allowed to keep pushing south.

"Finally there is the utter North, after this Horde is driven off then I intend, after I have fully come into my power to march North and attempt to shut the gates. (I'll explain the gates if they don't know it) If I fail then I'll leave it to my successor, and to his and so on and so forth until the Chaos Gods are forever locked out of this world.

"That my Lord Count, Honored Ar-Ulric and Honored Magister is my ultimate goals. The Avatar's duty is to bring balance to the world. And I intend to carry that duty out."

Rieverre wrote:... alas horsebro, we hardly knew ye ...

Well the horse can't be ridden for a while but he'll live.

You manage to make it back to camp with little trouble. The joy of the news of the destruction of so many foes of Kislev is somewhat muted due to the fact that so many have come south. It's decided that they need to report the local Ataman and Boyar so that the Tzarina can know what is happening...that leaves you. They can't omit your actions, but there is nothing saying that you have to be with them when they report. If you want they'll give you a horse and supplies to ride anywhere you want to go and you'll leave with their blessing and eternal friendship."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well minor godlings are found in various corners of the Empire though not anywhere near where the big temples can find them.  If you look roll a dice.

Sure.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

"Sounds like a reasonable sort."

"The main objective is live humbly, live comfortable, and don't live at the expense of the well-being others. The rules towards violence tend to be when possible choose reason over violence. War is by its nature an unjust act. There's no honor to be found in it. Honor is found in living honorably and working for the betterment of yourself and those around you. That's not to say war is forbidden. When evil rises, stand against it, for while war is unjust in and of itself, tolerating injustice can be far worse. Fight to protect, fight for freedom, fight for your loved ones and in the name of those unable to stand alone. Never vainglory or selfish gain."

"You think that scares me at this point?"

"No. But a poor disclaimer is noone's friend."

The warmest smile you've ever seen spreads across her face.  And if anything she's even lovelier than before.

I smile back.

She flushes like a school girl and you realize she was quite young when she was changed...no more than her early twenties.

"Either put her down or kiss already manling.  We need to get a move on."  Ungrim finally grunts, some mild amusement in his voice.  Though he was gawping like a fish earlier.

I put her down and blush a bit. "I'm going to need to train you to use your powers... I'm also going to need a nap sooner than later. But I can go on for a bit longer so... lets go."

Right then.  I do my best not to make a fool of myself and just do a monkey see, monkey do routine with my utensils and the diners around me.

Foods good. Lots of meat. Aang would be appalled. Your Water Tribe Man genes on the other hand seem to be delighted by the carnivore feast...

That is a relief.

"So does that mean no one is siccing the Witch Hunters after me?"

THey share an uncomfortable glance. "The Templars of Sigmar tend to only answer to themselves. Though the Temple of Ulric will vouch for you and the Graf will be sure to support you should you have to... defend yourself."

If he wants I can give him a proper show of what I can do if he's got about several square miles of forest no one will miss.

Basically most of the Drakwald then... :p

Unless either of them have more questions I'll be glad to answer.

I do tell him what I plan to do with the money.  Simply put, there is something horrible coming in from the North.  An Everchosen.  A former Templar of Sigmar that went mad ages ago.  He's nearly ready to march south with all the hordes of chaos.  Kazrak being destroyed has weakened a possible fifth danger in the bosom of the empire but it still isn't enough.

He has a goal.  A terrible goal, corrupting the Eternal Flame of Ulric right here in Middenheim, he intends to corrupt the flame by doing what Magnus the Pius did several hundred years ago.

There faces go pale and then their eyes narrow.

"Your god told you this?" Boris asks.

I intend to travel throughout the Old World, striking down anything and everything that could redirect the strength of Man, Dwarf or Elf away from the threat to the North.

But I have longer term goals than that.  "I've heard the histories and the legends, and I've noticed a pattern...the frequency of Everchosen arising and spewing forth from the North is increasing.  Kul came south 250 years ago.  And the one before him was from the time of Sigmar, his predecessor was from an even greater distance in the past.  If this pattern continues, young men who will fight in this invasion may see another Everchosen thundering South by the time they're Grey-beards.  And the next one might come before the previous one is recovered from.  Soon we might have a never ending wave of Beastmen, Demons, and Followers of the Four pouring from the North and enveloping the entire world.

The room goes quiet.

"I intend to stop that.  First, I will strengthen the kingdoms of men and the Karaz Ankor, clearing the forests and the mountains.  I will bring the disparate principalities closer together.

Noble goal

"Tell me, Marienburg still rankles the pride of the Empire, and her immense wealth would be a great boon to the Empire?  I can bring her back into the fold.  Marienburg is free because of three things really.  A powerful navy, great wealth, and an impenetrable swamp.  I can fix that third problem, allow the Empire to march on dry land all the way to the walls of the city.

There's a feral smile. "You do that and you'd probably be able to all but claim the Wastelands as your personal fief."

"In return I want the Border Princes, and to drive to the Badlands and the South.  I intend to make a proper kingdom there to support the Empire and Brettonnia against invasions from the South.  And if I die before that happens then my children and my successor to my power must be allowed to keep pushing south.

That'll be yours to accomplish, but if this is as you say... the temple of Ulric will aid you in any way possible. As will the men of middenland.

"Finally there is the utter North, after this Horde is driven off then I intend, after I have fully come into my power to march North and attempt to shut the gates.  (I'll explain the gates if they don't know it)  If I fail then I'll leave it to my successor, and to his and so on and so forth until the Chaos Gods are forever locked out of this world.

They know about the gates.

"You can do that?"

"That my Lord Count, Honored Ar-Ulric and Honored Magister is my ultimate goals.  The Avatar's duty is to bring balance to the world.  And I intend to carry that duty out."

It's hard to believe. The ur-Ulric will need to meditate on it to see what Ulric tells him. For the meantime, enjoy the city and you'll be rewarded in 3 days once they can get the pageantry set up.

What now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well the horse can't be ridden for a while but he'll live.

You manage to make it back to camp with little trouble.  The joy of the news of the destruction of so many foes of Kislev is somewhat muted due to the fact that so many have come south.  It's decided that they need to report the local Ataman and Boyar so that the Tzarina can know what is happening...that leaves you.  They can't omit your actions, but there is nothing saying that you have to be with them when they report.  If you want they'll give you a horse and supplies to ride anywhere you want to go and you'll leave with their blessing and eternal friendship."

I _literally_ have nothing better to do, and it's far less boring traveling with them than it is on my own. Besides, chances are they're heading to the nearest township/city/settlement, which is what I'd have been looking for anyway had I gone out on my own.

As for why I'm not particularly worried about being burned at the stake as a herald of Chaos or somesuch, well, they can just ask the ones I'd gone on patrol with how something like that would likely end.

Hint, it would likely involve the words OH GOD OH GOD EVERYTHING IS NOW LAVA!
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Sure.

You try this later on once you're further south and you've left the band but after a bit of concentration you DO manage to contact...something....a Horse? A Bull? You're not sure. Keep trying?

"The main objective is live humbly, live comfortable, and don't live at the expense of the well-being others. The rules towards violence tend to be when possible choose reason over violence. War is by its nature an unjust act. There's no honor to be found in it. Honor is found in living honorably and working for the betterment of yourself and those around you. That's not to say war is forbidden. When evil rises, stand against it, for while war is unjust in and of itself, tolerating injustice can be far worse. Fight to protect, fight for freedom, fight for your loved ones and in the name of those unable to stand alone. Never vainglory or selfish gain."

He can get behind that. Sigmar is still his god but it might never hurt to ask for a little extra help eh?

"No. But a poor disclaimer is noone's friend."

She nods.

I smile back.

Daww..

I put her down and blush a bit. "I'm going to need to train you to use your powers... I'm also going to need a nap sooner than later. But I can go on for a bit longer so... lets go."

Onwards you go. Florina seeming to be in a happy little world. Gusts of wind are constantly flitting from her much to Ungrim's occasional annoyance. If you ask she says that feeling WARM for the first time in so long is utterly wonderful. One's senses of smell, hearing and sight might increase dramatically but touch almost vanishes especially the feeling of a warm sun overhead.

When you stop for the night Florina sits next to you as you warm yourselves by the fire. She's still flushing but she doesn't seem to care and actually seems to revel in the bodily function (...wonder if that little moon gift that visits women will be as welcome... Razz) anyway, she sits by you, her shoulder touching yours. When Ungrim goes up to answer a certain call she then whispers to you. "Thank-you...thank-you so much. I hadn't realized how much I had lost until you removed my curse....and you've even given me something more...thank-you."

She then kisses you on the cheek and her face red she flits back over to her side of the fire and goes to try and sleep though you can tell she's too excited and flitty....that airbending might be messing with her a bit.

Ungrim comes back a few moments later he glances at the former vampire then to you. "Something happen manling?"

Either way you go to sleep.

The next morning you feel able to start instructing Florina in the ways of airbending....gods help you...

Foods good. Lots of meat. Aang would be appalled. Your Water Tribe Man genes on the other hand seem to be delighted by the carnivore feast...

And OTL loves it as well. Any of his family there?

THey share an uncomfortable glance. "The Templars of Sigmar tend to only answer to themselves. Though the Temple of Ulric will vouch for you and the Graf will be sure to support you should you have to... defend yourself."

"Well I meant that you won't intentionally call them to torch me but thank you for your protection."

Basically most of the Drakwald then... :p

Excellent...I can't fix the plants but some ash laden ground should make for some good farm land yes?

There faces go pale and then their eyes narrow.

"Your god told you this?" Boris asks.

"Not her but the force that brought me here to the old world has told such."

The room goes quiet.

"I may be wrong but the pattern of history does give credence to my theory does it not?"

Noble goal

Indeed.

There's a feral smile. "You do that and you'd probably be able to all but claim the Wastelands as your personal fief."

"I'm not sure I'd want to dive into that unholy mess...but I wouldn't say no to a percentage of the taxes for my other endeavors."

"But I also intend to deal with other issues. I'm sure the Count of Ostland would like Mordheim back. Mousillon is a weeping wound in Brettonnia's side as are the Arden forest and the Massif Orcal. Tilia's swamp has a rodent problem that needs to be dealt with and I mean to try and reopen the Undgrin before I croak."

That'll be yours to accomplish, but if this is as you say... the temple of Ulric will aid you in any way possible. As will the men of middenland.

I thank him for that as even as powerful as I am I can't do this alone.

They know about the gates.

"You can do that?"

I grin. "How do you think Raava and Vaatu entered the world of men?"

It's hard to believe. The ur-Ulric will need to meditate on it to see what Ulric tells him. For the meantime, enjoy the city and you'll be rewarded in 3 days once they can get the pageantry set up.

What now?

I bow and thank them for taking the time to listen to me and for not throwing me out on my ear...or calling for the witch hunters.

As for what I do next...well I take Alina home tell her I've got the Count interested in some ventures I plan on doing (I don't specify). We tumble, we sleep, and the next morning I go visit the temple of Morr. I intend to meditate on what Roku had mentioned to me. I'll be needing clarification and where better than the temple of the god of the dead, dreams, and prophecy?

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Rieverre wrote:I _literally_ have nothing better to do, and it's far less boring traveling with them than it is on my own. Besides, chances are they're heading to the nearest township/city/settlement, which is what I'd have been looking for anyway had I gone out on my own.

Well they're glad to have you along. Even heading South Kislev can be dangerous.

As for why I'm not particularly worried about being burned at the stake as a herald of Chaos or somesuch, well, they can just ask the ones I'd gone on patrol with how something like that would likely end.

Hint, it would likely involve the words OH GOD OH GOD EVERYTHING IS NOW LAVA!

If you tell them that, it gets a chuckle out of them.

Well a few days later a party rides south to report to the Local Gospodar Boyar, he'll then relay the message further up the line. There are some warm good-byes and a few pretty girls kiss you on the cheek as you get ready to mount up and ride out.

Roll a d100 for the trek south.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:You try this later on once you're further south and you've left the band but after a bit of concentration you DO manage to contact...something....a Horse?  A Bull?  You're not sure.  Keep trying?

I was trying when I was near the band in hopes of contacting a local spirit who might aid them in exchange for a small bit of honoring

He can get behind that.  Sigmar is still his god but it might never hurt to ask for a little extra help eh?

Yep. And its not like the empire doesn't already worship a pantheon. And Raava doesn't even ask for worship or temples. She only asks you live an honorable and just life.

Onwards you go.  Florina seeming to be in a happy little world.  Gusts of wind are constantly flitting from her much to Ungrim's occasional annoyance.  If you ask she says that feeling WARM for the first time in so long is utterly wonderful.  One's senses of smell, hearing and sight might increase dramatically but touch almost vanishes especially the feeling of a warm sun overhead.

She's going to be a powerful airbender.

"And at least with hearing and smell... remember, scent travels on the air as does sound... if you master your bending your senses will improve. Why the woman who created Metalbending was born blind, but her bending was such that she was able to 'see' with her feet, detecting the vibrations in the Earth itself. At age 12 she was one of the most powerful Earthbenders in the world and was the teacher of one of my predecessors, Avatar Aang of the Air Nomads."

When you stop for the night Florina sits next to you as you warm yourselves by the fire.  She's still flushing but she doesn't seem to care and actually seems to revel in the bodily function (...wonder if that little moon gift that visits women will be as welcome... Razz) anyway, she sits by you, her shoulder touching yours.  When Ungrim goes up to answer a certain call she then whispers to you.  "Thank-you...thank-you so much.  I hadn't realized how much I had lost until you removed my curse....and you've even given me something more...thank-you."

"You're welcome," I look into the fire. "The world is a cold, cruel place full of darkness. Good people huddle in fear while monsters stalk them in the night. If I can, I'll save everyone... not just because I'm the Avatar, but because someone has to try."

She then kisses you on the cheek and her face red she flits back over to her side of the fire and goes to try and sleep though you can tell she's too excited and flitty....that airbending might be messing with her a bit.

I blush and tend to the fire a bit. Maybe even play with it a bit using Firebending. Though I'll admit, starting it was basically a flick of the wrist.

Ungrim comes back a few moments later he glances at the former vampire then to you. "Something happen manling?"

"She said thank you."

The next morning you feel able to start instructing Florina in the ways of airbending....gods help you...

Lets do a roll

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

And OTL loves it as well.  Any of his family there?

Yep. And you're at the table with 'em.

"Well I meant that you won't intentionally call them to torch me but thank you for your protection."

"Just TRY not to kill any of those idiots."

Excellent...I can't fix the plants but some ash laden ground should make for some good farm land yes?

Indeed...

"Not her but the force that brought me here to the old world has told such."

"What force would that be?"

"I may be wrong but the pattern of history does give credence to my theory does it not?"

"IF what you say is true, then yes."

"I'm not sure I'd want to dive into that unholy mess...but I wouldn't say no to a percentage of the taxes for my other endeavors."

"A bounty is more likely, but it would be a king's ransom... and you'd surely be ennobled in thanks.

"But I also intend to deal with other issues.  I'm sure the Count of Ostland would like Mordheim back.

"And how the bloody hell do you intend to make that warpstone encrusted hell back into a city?"

Mousillon is a weeping wound in Brettonnia's side as are the Arden forest and the Massif Orcal.

They scoff at that. No love lost.

Tilia's swamp has a rodent problem that needs to be dealt with and I mean to try and reopen the Undgrin before I croak."

"Big aims..."

I thank him for that as even as powerful as I am I can't do this alone.

You get a nod.

I grin.  "How do you think Raava and Vaatu entered the world of men?"

Uncomfortable silence.

I bow and thank them for taking the time to listen to me and for not throwing me out on my ear...or calling for the witch hunters.

Again, no great love.

As for what I do next...well I take Alina home tell her I've got the Count interested in some ventures I plan on doing (I don't specify).  We tumble, we sleep, and the next morning I go visit the temple of Morr.  I intend to meditate on what Roku had mentioned to me.  I'll be needing clarification and where better than the temple of the god of the dead, dreams, and prophecy?

The priests allow you to meditate near the alter. They seem to be distant but kindly and you see a bit of good humor in them.

As you meditate. A raven lands on the alter and looks down at you. You don't hear any speech, but it does give you an... impression.

Your past lives are part of you and you're not rising the dead, you're not stealing anyone from his realm. What he takes offense to is those who steal peoples souls away to lock them in eternal torment, those who would seek to deny others peace, and those who seek to escape death by preying on others. Hell, he doesn't even mind you pulling people back from the brink. After all, Valar Morghulis... its denying people their eternal peace that pisses him off.

All in all you get the feeling that Moor isn't such a bad guy as far as gods go...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:I was trying when I was near the band in hopes of contacting a local spirit who might aid them in exchange for a small bit of honoring

Same thing only closer. Anyway after a bit concentration, you see with your mind's eye the shape of a large bull. The thing sniffs you over before you get the sense of something demanding what you want with it.

Yep. And its not like the empire doesn't already worship a pantheon. And Raava doesn't even ask for worship or temples. She only asks you live an honorable and just life.

Good enough for him.

Heh

"And at least with hearing and smell... remember, scent travels on the air as does sound... if you master your bending your senses will improve. Why the woman who created Metalbending was born blind, but her bending was such that she was able to 'see' with her feet, detecting the vibrations in the Earth itself. At age 12 she was one of the most powerful Earthbenders in the world and was the teacher of one of my predecessors, Avatar Aang of the Air Nomads."

Her eyes widen at this. Ungrim mutters something about flighty something or other but doesn't comment further.

"You're welcome," I look into the fire. "The world is a cold, cruel place full of darkness. Good people huddle in fear while monsters stalk them in the night. If I can, I'll save everyone... not just because I'm the Avatar, but because someone has to try."

"If anyone can do it, I think you can."

OOC: I hope I haven't wrecked her personality with this.

I blush and tend to the fire a bit. Maybe even play with it a bit using Firebending. Though I'll admit, starting it was basically a flick of the wrist.

Heh, think the lady has a crush...maybe.

"She said thank you."

He raises an eyebrow, shrugs then goes to sleep. Soon sounding like a chainsaw orchestra.

Lets do a roll

Literally 40 seconds into your lesson you're blasted across the clearing you set up to teach her.

She's a goddam natural at this, nearly overwhelming you several times with her raw power and incredible ability to pick up on techniques and even beginning to pick up on slight changes in the air when you finish for the day.

Ungrim seems impressed...slightly.

Yep. And you're at the table with 'em.

Just curious.

"Just TRY not to kill any of those idiots."

I nod. "How about broken bones, bruises and lots and lots of humiliation?"

Indeed...

Heh

"What force would that be?"

I shrug, "I honestly don't know. Whatever it was it was able to strip me from my home and sent me here. I know the basic outline of much of the old world and it's past and the near future. Obviously something wanted me to help and help I will do."

"IF what you say is true, then yes."

Grim nod.

"A bounty is more likely, but it would be a king's ransom... and you'd surely be ennobled in thanks.

"That works just fine."

"And how the bloody hell do you intend to make that warpstone encrusted hell back into a city?"

"Warpstone is earth, and I bend earth. It also doesn't do me harm, Raava protects me. I was struck by a hell blast from a shaman when I was getting Kazrak, I'm not a gibbering pile of 'oh gods what is that!' so I think some low-level warp fuckery isn't going to do me too much harm. I simply bury that shit deep enough that it can't harm anyone. Or I can direct it somewhere else whatever you think wisest."

I show my scar to them as proof of my words.

They scoff at that. No love lost.

"Brettonia is the second mightiest kingdom of men in the old world. It would benefit all if they can be as strong as possible. Even if they talk, eat, and smell funny and have some unpleasant customs."

"Big aims..."

"Avatars live for a long time. One of my more recent predecessors lived to be over 200, she WAS an outlier but my words still stand."

Uncomfortable silence.

"It is something of their specialty, though in my case I can really only open or shut something that it already there."

Again, no great love.

Works for me.

The priests allow you to meditate near the alter. They seem to be distant but kindly and you see a bit of good humor in them.

As you meditate. A raven lands on the alter and looks down at you. You don't hear any speech, but it does give you an... impression.

Your past lives are part of you and you're not rising the dead, you're not stealing anyone from his realm. What he takes offense to is those who steal peoples souls away to lock them in eternal torment, those who would seek to deny others peace, and those who seek to escape death by preying on others. Hell, he doesn't even mind you pulling people back from the brink. After all, Valar Morghulis... its denying people their eternal peace that pisses him off.

All in all you get the feeling that Moor isn't such a bad guy as far as gods go...

I bow and thank him for his time and patience. And I will do my best to honor his strictures.

If there's still time I might visit the temple of Ulric and meditate near the flame if I can.

Basically I say that I know what is coming and that I will do everything within my power to fight this threat off and to end it in the utter north once and for all if I can. If he wants to answer great. If not, that fine. He likely already knows what I plan I just figured it would be proper to do so formally and as face to face as is possible.

Otherwise I might entertain the Count with my abilities and describe some of the feats of my predecessors.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:Same thing only closer.  Anyway after a bit concentration, you see with your mind's eye the shape of a large bull.  The thing sniffs you over before you get the sense of something demanding what you want with it.

Basically just send the message that there are a lot of locals who might not know about him and what could they do to earn some of your favor?

Good enough for him.

"Aye, and anyone who its not good enough for is someone to keep an eye on."

Her eyes widen at this.  Ungrim mutters something about flighty something or other but doesn't comment further.

"Who knows, maybe your son will in centuries to come learn the trick himself and abandon shoes in favor of being one with the rock... would be a sight to see. Skaven on the other side of the hold, tunneling their way ever closer, the noble king raises a single eyebrow and stomps his foot. A thousand clanrats scream in terror as the earth itself turns against them, and their tunnels implode turning them into a fine pink paste. And on that day, only one dwarf knew the threat your people faced, and celebrates his duty well served by sating his mighty thirst with a mighty mug of bugman's best."

"If anyone can do it, I think you can."

"Thank you..." I smile, "I'll dedicate all my lives to it."

OOC: I hope I haven't wrecked her personality with this.

She's been thrown for a MAJOR loop... hell... one loop after another.

Heh, think the lady has a crush...maybe.

Heh.

He raises an eyebrow, shrugs then goes to sleep.  Soon sounding like a chainsaw orchestra.

I lived with Dwarfs for months. I can probably sleep through a nuclear war.

Literally 40 seconds into your lesson you're blasted across the clearing you set up to teach her.

"Ouch."

She's a goddam natural at this, nearly overwhelming you several times with her raw power and incredible ability to pick up on techniques and even beginning to pick up on slight changes in the air when you finish for the day.

Ungrim seems impressed...slightly.

We keep moving, we keep training. And I'd like to work on some glider staffs as we walk

So what next?

I nod.  "How about broken bones, bruises and lots and lots of humiliation?"

"As long as you can keep them from pulling the whole damned empire down on your head, who gives a damn?"

I shrug, "I honestly don't know.  Whatever it was it was able to strip me from my home and sent me here.  I know the basic outline of much of the old world and it's past and the near future.  Obviously something wanted me to help and help I will do."

Ominous.

"Warpstone is earth, and I bend earth.

Actually you bend the earth AROUND the warpstone.

It also doesn't do me harm, Raava protects me.  I was struck by a hell blast from a shaman when I was getting Kazrak, I'm not a gibbering pile of 'oh gods what is that!' so I think some low-level warp fuckery isn't going to do me too much harm.  I simply bury that shit deep enough that it can't harm anyone. Or I can direct it somewhere else whatever you think wisest."

I show my scar to them as proof of my words.

The Mage and priest look at it carefully... and they do feel the lingering echo of a truly profound amount of chaos energy. It's rapidly fading but for it to be this strong after so many days.... well... how are you ALIVE and HUMAN.

And that needs to be purified. Unless you have some way to do it, the temple does have its rituals... though they've never been done on LIVING FLESH before...

"Brettonia is the second mightiest kingdom of men in the old world.  It would benefit all if they can be as strong as possible.  Even if they talk, eat, and smell funny and have some unpleasant customs."

He doesn't like them. It's telling when the Empire thinks a culture consists of backwards, arrogant hypocrites who treat their peasants like shit. :p

"Avatars live for a long time.  One of my more recent predecessors lived to be over 200, she WAS an outlier but my words still stand."

Your god truly does bless you...

Uncomfortable silence.

I bow and thank him for his time and patience. And I will do my best to honor his strictures.

You feel mid thanks before it flits off.

If there's still time I might visit the temple of Ulric and meditate near the flame if I can.

Basically I say that I know what is coming and that I will do everything within my power to fight this threat off and to end it in the utter north once and for all if I can.  If he wants to answer great.  If not, that fine.  He likely already knows what I plan I just figured it would be proper to do so formally and as face to face as is possible.

You feel a blistering chill as a blast of wind rushes through the temple making all jump.

You get the impression that Ulric's opinion is "Then stop bothering me and fucking do it."

He values action not words :p

Otherwise I might entertain the Count with my abilities and describe some of the feats of my predecessors.

If you want...

Anyways, three days later?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:Basically just send the message that there are a lot of locals who might not know about him and what could they do to earn some of your favor?

You feel silence for a moment then a thought not your own enters you head. Treat the cattle right, they depend on them for their lively hoods and he won't deny them that but he won't accept abuse or cruelty to the herds. Do right and he'll make the herds strong and numerous. Do not and he'll take the herds away. Oh and his name is Starkestier.

"Aye, and anyone who its not good enough for is someone to keep an eye on."

Aye.

"Who knows, maybe your son will in centuries to come learn the trick himself and abandon shoes in favor of being one with the rock... would be a sight to see. Skaven on the other side of the hold, tunneling their way ever closer, the noble king raises a single eyebrow and stomps his foot. A thousand clanrats scream in terror as the earth itself turns against them, and their tunnels implode turning them into a fine pink paste. And on that day, only one dwarf knew the threat your people faced, and celebrates his duty well served by sating his mighty thirst with a mighty mug of bugman's best."

Well you didn't think you'd ever see a slayer dwarf have a huge warm and fuzzy smile spread over his face....you're not sure if you like it.

"Thank you..." I smile, "I'll dedicate all my lives to it."

Heh.

She's been thrown for a MAJOR loop... hell... one loop after another.

Just warn me if you think I go OOC with her.

Heh.

Want her picture again? Razz

I lived with Dwarfs for months. I can probably sleep through a nuclear war.

Snerk.

"Ouch."

"Oh goodness, are you alright!?"

Ungrim is keeling over laughing.

We keep moving, we keep training. And I'd like to work on some glider staffs as we walk

So what next?

Well about two days into the mountains you're ambushed by a small band of goblins, maybe 20 strong. You and Ungrim prepare to slaughter them but Florina asks if she could take them, alone. She wants to test herself. You let her?

"As long as you can keep them from pulling the whole damned empire down on your head, who gives a damn?"

Works for me.

Ominous.

Indeed.

Actually you bend the earth AROUND the warpstone.

Ah.

The Mage and priest look at it carefully... and they do feel the lingering echo of a truly profound amount of chaos energy. It's rapidly fading but for it to be this strong after so many days.... well... how are you ALIVE and HUMAN.

"Raava protects me. Though I shouldn't demand too much of her I think."

And that needs to be purified. Unless you have some way to do it, the temple does have its rituals... though they've never been done on LIVING FLESH before...

"We'll try your way..unless it involves fire...then I'm out."

He doesn't like them. It's telling when the Empire thinks a culture consists of backwards, arrogant hypocrites who treat their peasants like shit. :p

"You can't deny they have THE best heavy cavalry in the world. We'll be needing that. Personal opinion doesn't come into the picture."

Your god truly does bless you...

I know.

You feel mid thanks before it flits off.

Well one down one to go.

You feel a blistering chill as a blast of wind rushes through the temple making all jump.

You get the impression that Ulric's opinion is "Then stop bothering me and fucking do it."

I stand smile, bow and say, "Right then, a swarm of dead gribblies of all sorts coming up."

He values action not words :p

Seems like.

If you want...

Anyways, three days later?

Well might as well see about these purification rites to deal with the scar on my shoulder.

Otherwise TIME SKIP!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:09 am

Brian Boru wrote:You feel silence for a moment then a thought not your own enters you head.  Treat the cattle right, they depend on them for their lively hoods and he won't deny them that but he won't accept abuse or cruelty to the herds.  Do right and he'll make the herds strong and numerous.  Do not and he'll take the herds away. Oh and his name is Starkestier.

I walk to them and say outright. "I have communed with the local spirits and have discovered the name of the local cattle spirit. His is a mighty bull spirit by the name of Starkestier. He accepts that you draw your livelihood from them, but he will not abide by abuse or cruelty. If you treat your cattle kindly and with true respect, your herds will be strong and numerous. If you mistreat them, he will take your herds away." I let that sink in. "Understand, I have not called anything down upon you. Starkestier was already here. Now you know of him. So honor his wishes and he will bless you in turn... and between you and I, he probably wouldn't say no to a small shrine and maybe a yearly festival where you sacrifice some straw and grain that he'll remain strong... but is just me trying to give you an excuse to throw a party..."

why do I have a feeling that today will eventually be celebrated as Stiertag in this region? :p

Aye.

I smile happily.

Well you didn't think you'd ever see a slayer dwarf have a huge warm and fuzzy smile spread over his face....you're not sure if you like it.

Of course I like it!

Just warn me if you think I go OOC with her.

Just have her keep her pride. She's no longer a vampire but she's high born and proud.

Want her picture again? Razz

Nah.

"Oh goodness, are you alright!?"

"Just fine."

Ungrim is keeling over laughing.

"Yeah, yeah, yuck it up..."

Well about two days into the mountains you're ambushed by a small band of goblins, maybe 20 strong.  You and Ungrim prepare to slaughter them but Florina asks if she could take them, alone.  She wants to test herself.  You let her?

I look to Urgrim and raise an eyebrow. If he nods back. "Watch her back, make sure she doesn't get killed."

I'll protect her in that I'll make sure nothing slips past... but this is her chance to let loose.

"Raava protects me.  Though I shouldn't demand too much of her I think."

You get a feeling of exasperation from deep inside. You can depend on her as far as you need. She'll ALWAYS be with you, for all of your lives.

"We'll try your way..unless it involves fire...then I'm out."

"The sacred fire, actually..."

"You can't deny they have THE best heavy cavalry in the world.  We'll be needing that.  Personal opinion doesn't come into the picture."

"They're overrated."

Hello, you're in the home of the Knights of the White Wolf and the Knights Panther...

I stand smile, bow and say, "Right then, a swarm of dead gribblies of all sorts coming up."

You swear you feel a snort.

Well might as well see about these purification rites to deal with the scar on my shoulder.

It involves prayer, lighting a torch from the holy flame, burning off the 'infected' skin... wanna try?

Otherwise TIME SKIP!

It starts at the gates of the city where he greets you and announced your deeds. The Graf calls you a friend and you 'present him' with the stuffed head of the one eye (returned to you the night before) which is then mounted on a pike as a standard.

Then you head to the temple of Ulric where you're met by the Ur-Ulric

He mentions you're a foreign priest and hero who heard how the lands of the empire are beset by chaos and have come to stand by them as a brother, and your first great deed was slay Kazark One-Eye in the name of Righteousness. The Ur-Ulric announces that his temple recognizes your holy mission and will aid you in fighting chaos.

Then your head to palace where you're find a well guarded chest waiting for you.

And the knights Panther.

You're rewarded your gold (in one BIG chest) and the head of the knights panther steps forward and also will reward you by making you an honorary member of the knights panther. Your deeds and heroism against the foul beastmen earn you a place in their number.

After that there's a ball celebrating the beastman's death.

And one thing you do notice is the arch lector of Sigmar is looking at you a bit cross. Seems you forgot to talk to someone...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:I walk to them and say outright. "I have communed with the local spirits and have discovered the name of the local cattle spirit. His is a mighty bull spirit by the name of Starkestier.  He accepts that you draw your livelihood from them, but he will not abide by abuse or cruelty. If you treat your cattle kindly and with true respect, your herds will be strong and numerous. If you mistreat them, he will take your herds away." I let that sink in. "Understand, I have not called anything down upon you. Starkestier was already here. Now you know of him. So honor his wishes and he will bless you in turn... and between you and I, he probably wouldn't say no to a small shrine and maybe a yearly festival where you sacrifice some straw and grain that he'll remain strong... but is just me trying to give you an excuse to throw a party..."

After your fireball tricks and the eye-glowing they're inclined to believe you about the Bull. And yes they plan to give their respects to the Bull God.

why do I have a feeling that today will eventually be celebrated as Stiertag in this region? :p

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Of course I like it!

Heh

Just have her keep her pride. She's no longer a vampire but she's high born and proud.

That works.

Nah.

Heh.

"Just fine."

She seems relieved..and a little smug.

"Yeah, yeah, yuck it up..."

"g..gladly manling AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I look to Urgrim and raise an eyebrow. If he nods back. "Watch her back, make sure she doesn't get killed."

Ungrim nods.

I'll protect her in that I'll make sure nothing slips past... but this is her chance to let loose.

And she goes through them like a tornado through a tooth-pic factory. Greenskins go flying in all directions and they NEVER FUCKING TOUCH HER! Eventually the green bastards are either thrown off cliffs, thrown into cliff walls, or chopped up by wind-blades.

She breathing a little heavily but otherwise no worse for wear. A big satisfied smile on her face.

You get a feeling of exasperation from deep inside. You can depend on her as far as you need. She'll ALWAYS be with you, for all of your lives.

well I don't want to use you like a crutch...but I understand I never doubted your aid just didn't want to think I'd call for help when I obviously didn't need it. No point using a sledgehammer to crush a fly right?

"The sacred fire, actually..."

..."dammit alright." Fire...lovely.

"They're overrated."

Hello, you're in the home of the Knights of the White Wolf and the Knights Panther...

home team bias I got it and I drop it.

You swear you feel a snort.

HA!

It involves prayer, lighting a torch from the holy flame, burning off the 'infected' skin... wanna try?

"Can I have a leather strap to bite on? Other wise let's do this!"

It starts at the gates of the city where he greets you and announced your deeds. The Graf calls you a friend and you 'present him' with the stuffed head of the one eye (returned to you the night before) which is then mounted on a pike as a standard.

Heh

Then you head to the temple of Ulric where you're met by the Ur-Ulric

He mentions you're a foreign priest and hero who heard how the lands of the empire are beset by chaos and have come to stand by them as a brother, and your first great deed was slay Kazark One-Eye in the name of Righteousness. The Ur-Ulric announces that his temple recognizes your holy mission and will aid you in fighting chaos.

If he thinks a few demonstrations might help I'll show off a bit. I make sure to talk to them BEFORE HAND!

Then your head to palace where you're find a well guarded chest waiting for you.

SWEET!

And the knights Panther.

You're rewarded your gold (in one BIG chest) and the head of the knights panther steps forward and also will reward you by making you an honorary member of the knights panther. Your deeds and heroism against the foul beastmen earn you a place in their number.

I thank them and tell them the honor is mine for being allowed to be a part of their order even nominally.

After that there's a ball celebrating the beastman's death.

And here I'll need Alina, both as arm candy and to help me not make a buffoon of myself. I do try to talk with some of the higher ups. I plan to start using that money to put together a team... a small one but with the best of the best of the best gear possible. The Avatar has always had a small band of companions with him and while they may not be bosom friends a good blade and skilled bow might be nice to have where I'm going.

With anyone not the three I was talking with then I tell them that my duty is to fight the forces of destruction wherever they may be and promote balance in the world.

And one thing you do notice is the arch lector of Sigmar is looking at you a bit cross. Seems you forgot to talk to someone...

If at the party then I'll try to approach him alone. Apologizing for not speaking with him sooner. Asking if he has anything he'd wish to discuss. Meanwhile in the back of my mind I'll be howling... DIPLOMANCER! DIPLOMANCER! DO WE HAVE A DIPLOMANCER BACK THERE? AIIEEEEE!

Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:09 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well they're glad to have you along.  Even heading South Kislev can be dangerous.

Given my luck, we're going to run into Surprise Orks before this is even halfway done. That or go for the full set and run into whatever Slaanesh's got in the area. I would not, at this point, be surprised by something as ludicrous as Slaanesh Orks even. That's kind of what I'm half-expecting from this trip.

If you tell them that, it gets a chuckle out of them.

Well a few days later a party rides south to report to the Local Gospodar Boyar, he'll then relay the message further up the line.  There are some warm good-byes and a few pretty girls kiss you on the cheek as you get ready to mount up and ride out.

Roll a d100 for the trek south.

Just to be on the safe side, I'll try to waterbend away the horses' fatigue when we stop to make camp in the evenings so that we can make better time.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:09 am

'd100' : 67

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Brian Boru wrote:After your fireball tricks and the eye-glowing they're inclined to believe you about the Bull.  And yes they plan to give their respects to the Bull God.

I smile and nod. "He'll be pleased, and I'm sure you will too when your herds swell with his blessing..."

In fact...

"Gimme a moment,"

I contact the spirit again and basically ask for more details. What would he want in a shrine, will he be wanting priests.

Basically outline something so he'd be properly respected.

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Sure, why not...

She seems relieved..and a little smug.

"Okay, you're gifted... time to take it to the next level."

"g..gladly manling AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"I get no respect..."

And she goes through them like a tornado through a tooth-pic factory.  Greenskins go flying in all directions and they NEVER FUCKING TOUCH HER!  Eventually the green bastards are either thrown off cliffs, thrown into cliff walls, or chopped up by wind-blades.

She breathing a little heavily but otherwise no worse for wear.  A big satisfied smile on her face.

A small clap. "Very good, student. Now loot the bodies and we'll continue."

Always loot the bodies.

well I don't want to use you like a crutch...but I understand I never doubted your aid just didn't want to think I'd call for help when I obviously didn't need it.  No point using a sledgehammer to crush a fly right?

She trusts your judgement but... don't deny yourself your full power due to some foolish perception of dependency.

..."dammit alright."  Fire...lovely.

Heh.

home team bias I got it and I drop it.

Yeah. Plus Bretonians are kinda idiots.

"Can I have a leather strap to bite on?  Other wise let's do this!"

You've given one... and the wound is covered in holy oil and they pray a lot before lighting the torch and pressing it to the would.

The pain is EXCRUCIATING and after an eternity they pull it away and douse your back with holywater.

If he thinks a few demonstrations might help I'll show off a bit.  I make sure to talk to them BEFORE HAND!

DON'T

I thank them and tell them the honor is mine for being allowed to be a part of their order even nominally.

The honor is theirs.

And here I'll need Alina, both as arm candy and to help me not make a buffoon of myself.

She looks INSANELY smug.

I do try to talk with some of the higher ups.  I plan to start using that money to put together a team... a small one but with the best of the best of the best gear possible.  The Avatar has always had a small band of companions with him and while they may not be bosom friends a good blade and skilled bow might be nice to have where I'm going.

They'll put out a message... though you get the feeling such a group would be best formed... organically

With anyone not the three I was talking with then I tell them that my duty is to fight the forces of destruction wherever they may be and promote balance in the world.

Alright.

If at the party then I'll try to approach him alone. Apologizing for not speaking with him sooner.  Asking if he has anything he'd wish to discuss.  Meanwhile in the back of my mind I'll be howling... DIPLOMANCER!  DIPLOMANCER!  DO WE HAVE A DIPLOMANCER BACK THERE?  AIIEEEEE!

You... pass.

He's still annoyed but it wasn't your call was it. He's going to have to speak to the Graf...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 am

Rieverre wrote:Given my luck, we're going to run into Surprise Orks before this is even halfway done. That or go for the full set and run into whatever Slaanesh's got in the area. I would not, at this point, be surprised by something as ludicrous as Slaanesh Orks even. That's kind of what I'm half-expecting from this trip.

HA!

Just to be on the safe side, I'll try to waterbend away the horses' fatigue when we stop to make camp in the evenings so that we can make better time.

Well you don't run into a pack of Slaaneshi Orcs...you do come across a pack of giant wolves (the variety goblins ride), they don't last long and whatever their demeanor their furs make lovely cloaks and coats that hold out the cold.

You're about halfway to the outpost. And so far so good.

Roll another d100.

Psyckosama wrote:I smile and nod. "He'll be pleased, and I'm sure you will too when your herds swell with his blessing..."

In fact...

"Gimme a moment,"

I contact the spirit again and basically ask for more details. What would he want in a shrine, will he be wanting priests.

Basically outline something so he'd be properly respected.

No priest needed but maybe a sack of high quality oats...he's weak for the stuff.

"Okay, you're gifted... time to take it to the next level."

You learn to love that moment of dawning comprehension before she gets blasted by a gust of wind.

"I get no respect..."

No respect at all...

A small clap. "Very good, student. Now loot the bodies and we'll continue."

Always loot the bodies.

Nothing really of note...though you do find a finger bone that Ungrim says is Dwarf....but tiny...real tiny....

Oh gods...

Anyway, onward you go.

Roll another d100. For encounter and a d10 for her training.

She trusts your judgement but... don't deny yourself your full power due to some foolish perception of dependency.

Oh I won't don't worry. If I need yah I WON'T hesitate to call on ya.

Yeah. Plus Bretonians are kinda idiots.

Agree to disagree.

You've given one... and the wound is covered in holy oil and they pray a lot before lighting the torch and pressing it to the would.

The pain is EXCRUCIATING and after an eternity they pull it away and douse your back with holywater.

"HHRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"id ih erk?..."

DON'T

Righto!

The honor is theirs.

Then all are honored.

She looks INSANELY smug.

I bet she is...though if she starts inviting...relatives...then I WILL have to put my foot down.

Anyone interested among the courtiers in particular that want to speak with me?

They'll put out a message... though you get the feeling such a group would be best formed... organically

True but it never hurts to put some feelers out.

You... pass.

PHEW!

He's still annoyed but it wasn't your call was it. He's going to have to speak to the Graf...

Not a problem...I'd also like to see if he could send a few messages to start the process where I could meet with Grand Theologinist Volkmar and the Emperor I have an offer for them and the empire in General.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:No priest needed but maybe a sack of high quality oats...he's weak for the stuff.

I nod and pull back. "When you make sacrifices to him... he likes good oats."

You learn to love that moment of dawning comprehension before she gets blasted by a gust of wind.

"And that my dear is why I am the master, and you are the student. Now, come at me again..."

Nothing really of note...though you do find a finger bone that Ungrim says is Dwarf....but tiny...real tiny....

Oh gods...

I take it in hand and meditate to see if I can contact his spirit. So I can know who he was and take what little remains of his mortal form to rest with the bones of his ancestors.

Anyway, onward you go.

Roll another d100. For encounter and a d10 for her training.

Lets have some music for the training...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 :

Oh I won't don't worry.  If I need yah I WON'T hesitate to call on ya.

And don't for get about us...

You see Korra and Aang with the rest of your lives standing behind them...

Agree to disagree.

Well, everyone can be wrong.

"HHRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"id ih erk?..."

"What?"

I bet she is...though if she starts inviting...relatives...then I WILL have to put my foot down.

She's not an idiot.

Anyone interested among the courtiers in particular that want to speak with me?

Roll a d100 Wink

True but it never hurts to put some feelers out.

Anyone you want to put a specific message out for?

Not a problem...I'd also like to see if he could send a few messages to start the process where I could meet with Grand Theologinist Volkmar and the Emperor I have an offer for them and the empire in General.

He raises an eyebrow. "And what kind of message would it be? And truly, they say you are a priest of a foreign god. What form of god, and how exactly did you kill the beastmen?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well you don't run into a pack of Slaaneshi Orcs...you do come across a pack of giant wolves (the variety goblins ride), they don't last long and whatever their demeanor their furs make lovely cloaks and coats that hold out the cold.

You're about halfway to the outpost.  And so far so good.

Roll another d100.

Lovely but I'm not holding my breath or intending to let my guard down until we have, you know, walls and stuff. And even then that's an iffy proposition.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:30 am

'd100' : 49

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I nod and pull back. "When you make sacrifices to him... he likes good oats."

Right then.

"And that my dear is why I am the master, and you are the student. Now, come at me again..."

She's got gumption if nothing else.

I take it in hand and meditate to see if I can contact his spirit. So I can know who he was and take what little remains of his mortal form to rest with the bones of his ancestors.

It takes a moment but eventually you do get the hint of a name... Katrin Askimasdottir ...10 years old...

[quote]Lets have some music for the training...

Training goes fairly well, while it isn't the sheer genius she showed at the start it's still impressive progress. She'll be something incredible in a few years.

The rest of the trek goes without much trouble...other than the occasional storm. Soon you manage to get over the mountains and now you're in the Border Princes...where to now? Karaz-a-Karak? Or plow you're way through the border princes AND the orc ridden plains of the badlands?

And don't for get about us...

You see Korra and Aang with the rest of your lives standing behind them...

Double Water Bender...huh...interesting

I make a VERY slight nod of my head to them.

Heh

"What?"

*ptooie!*

"Did it work?"

She's not an idiot.

Well that's good.

Roll a d100 Wink

Anyone you want to put a specific message out for?

No-one in particular, but maybe my name spreading around will shake out the skilled who knows.

He raises an eyebrow. "And what kind of message would it be? And truly, they say you are a priest of a foreign god. What form of god, and how exactly did you kill the beastmen?"

"A plan...to bring a certain part of the Empire back into the fold."

I give him a very brief explanation of Raava, order, balance, good and all that stuff though if he starts....twitching then I move on.

If we get to the beastman killing I say, "And how do those sworn to Sigmar do battle with the forces of Chaos? Same principle, Raava gave me strength and I crushed him between a tree and a 7 ton boulder"

Rieverre wrote:Lovely but I'm not holding my breath or intending to let my guard down until we have, you know, walls and stuff. And even then that's an iffy proposition.

This time you just run into a bandit gang...they're quickly dealt with and your party goes on it's way.

Finally you reach a walled settlement. Judging from the people they're mostly Gospodar though you see a few Ungols here and there.

A horn is sounded and soon a band of riders (Winged Lancers) come out to greet the Ungol party.

At their head is a big blonde-haired lummox of a man with the pale blue eyes of the Gospodars.

He looks the party over and fixates on you. "Well met. What brings your band to my hold?"

At that moment you realize none of the others have really figured out how to explain...you...want to step in or let your hosts try and figure it out?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Right then.

Look forward to seeing things turn out.

She's got gumption if nothing else.

Yep. Amazing powers. The Avatar givith, even when he takith away

It takes a moment but eventually you do get the hint of a name...  Katrin Askimasdottir ...10 years old...

I tell that to Urgrim. Is is a Dwai name, would he know what keep and clan she'd be from?

I'd like to return her remains to her family.

Training goes fairly well, while it isn't the sheer genius she showed at the start it's still impressive progress.  She'll be something incredible in a few years.

Basically now she's to the point where I'm forcing her to learn, not show off :p

The rest of the trek goes without much trouble...other than the occasional storm.  Soon you manage to get over the mountains and now you're in the Border Princes...where to now?  Karaz-a-Karak?  Or plow you're way through the border princes AND the orc ridden plains of the badlands?

I'll see what the others want to do. A chance to return the... bone... of this little girl to her people touches with me.

Also, a supply stop before hitting the princes and maybe send message that we're gonna be slaughtering a lot of orcs and there's going to be a sizable slayer force passing through and anyone who wants to kill Orcs can join.

Double Water Bender...huh...interesting

I make a VERY slight nod of my head to them.

Righto.

Heh

You're the toast of the town! Nobody gets much of a chance to talk to you because EVERYONE is looking for a chance!

Honestly, at the moment you can ALMOST do no wrong.

No-one in particular, but maybe my name spreading around will shake out the skilled who knows.

So, no Gotrek and Felix?

"A plan...to bring a certain part of the Empire back into the fold."

He raises an eyebrow and smiles.

I give him a very brief explanation of Raava, order, balance, good and all that stuff though if he starts....twitching then I move on.

He actually looks... interested. "Interesting figure. An antithesis to Chaos then? I've heard tales of gods of order worshiped in ancient days, but they were ultimately as alien in their nature as the fell powers. Is your Raava at all like that?"

If we get to the beastman killing I say, "And how do those sworn to Sigmar do battle with the forces of Chaos?   Same principle, Raava gave me strength and I crushed him between a tree and a 7 ton boulder"

"Most of the time, with sword and hammer..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Look forward to seeing things turn out.

Heh

Yep. Amazing powers. The Avatar givith, even when he takith away

HAHA

I tell that to Urgrim. Is is a Dwai name, would he know what keep and clan she'd be from?

Not off the top of his head but the agonized look on his face is palpable at the thought of a dead girl child. But Karaz-a-Karak would be the best place to look.

I'd like to return her remains to her family.

"So would I lad. If any are left. We defend our young ones to the last and if she was taken as well....there might be any others."

Basically now she's to the point where I'm forcing her to learn, not show off :p

More or less.

I'll see what the others want to do. A chance to return the... bone... of this little girl to her people touches with me.

Also, a supply stop before hitting the princes and maybe send message that we're gonna be slaughtering a lot of orcs and there's going to be a sizable slayer force passing through and anyone who wants to kill Orcs can join.

Right Karaz-a-Karak it is. Ungrim isn't exactly EXCITED but he feels returning that bone to be properly interred is needed.

You're the toast of the town! Nobody gets much of a chance to talk to you because EVERYONE is looking for a chance!

Honestly, at the moment you can ALMOST do no wrong.

Right then, be polite, be confident, keep Alina close so she might be able to whisper what the fuck am I supposed to say and so on and so forth.

So, no Gotrek and Felix?

...somehow conquered Marianburg is not likely to be too high on their lists...

He raises an eyebrow and smiles.

"Exactly...and I might have other ventures as well...to the South."

He actually looks... interested. "Interesting figure. An antithesis to Chaos then? I've heard tales of gods of order worshiped in ancient days, but they were ultimately as alien in their nature as the fell powers. Is your Raava at all like that?"

"Well she certainly looks alien but nature....not sure on that one."

Well to be fair Raava's on a more direct line with me than Sigmar...that and he's trying to channel through hundreds if not thousands of individuals at any one time.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Not off the top of his head but the agonized look on his face is palpable at the thought of a dead girl child.  But Karaz-a-Karak would be the best place to look.

I simply put a sympathetic hand on his shoulder.

"So would I lad.  If any are left.  We defend our young ones to the last and if she was taken as well....there might be any others."

"She has to have someone sharing her blood still living. And I'm sure your kin at Karaz-a-Karak will be looking into this area for more of these fucking Goblins. If this isn't a grudge to be repaid, then little else is." I look at the corpses of the goblins. "I wish we'd have let one live so we could find out the location of their nest..."

More or less.

"HAVING FUN YET?!" Wink

Right Karaz-a-Karak it is.  Ungrim isn't exactly EXCITED but he feels returning that bone to be properly interred is needed.

Understood. This visit isn't starting on a happy note.

So, what happens?

Right then, be polite, be confident, keep Alina close so she might be able to whisper what the fuck am I supposed to say and so on and so forth.

Alright.

...somehow conquered Marianburg is not likely to be too high on their lists...

there's gold in it. Gotrek might not be obsessed with cash, but he'll sure as shit not turn down some gold. Gold helps fund his quest for a worthy doom.

"Exactly...and I might have other ventures as well...to the South."

He raises an eyebrow.

"Well she certainly looks alien but nature....not sure on that one."

"What I mean is that their nature is alien to human objectives. They are founded in strict unyealding order the way the fell powers are in destructive and uncontrolled chaos."

Well to be fair Raava's on a more direct line with me than Sigmar...that and he's trying to channel through hundreds if not thousands of individuals at any one time.

"Explain please... how is she on a more direct line with you?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I simply put a sympathetic hand on his shoulder.

He's as tense as boulder.

"She has to have someone sharing her blood still living. And I'm sure your kin at Karaz-a-Karak will be looking into this area for more of these fucking Goblins. If this isn't a grudge to be repaid, then little else is." I look at the corpses of the goblins. "I wish we'd have let one live so we could find out the location of their nest..."

"Aye...if she has kin anywhere it'd be Karaz-a-Karak we start looking."

"HAVING FUN YET?!" Wink

*Whimper*

Understood. This visit isn't starting on a happy note.

So, what happens?

Well first you need to finish your trek along the Dwarf road....to speed things up I'll roll.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4761171/

93...ouch...

Well you're final stop before you enter the Border Princes is the hold of Kazad Haz-Drazh-Kadrin...and the outside of it is SWARMING with Goblins...you can see smoke in the horizon...apparently the town of Munzig is on fire....

there's gold in it. Gotrek might not be obsessed with cash, but he'll sure as shit not turn down some gold. Gold helps fund his quest for a worthy doom.

...true...news like retaking Marianburg WOULD be huge.

He raises an eyebrow.

"The border princes are an affront to the decency of all civilized people...that and it's a porous gateway to the Green Skin infested badlands."

"What I mean is that their nature is alien to human objectives. They are founded in strict unyealding order the way the fell powers are in destructive and uncontrolled chaos."

I shake my head. "Raava is not like that. In her eyes, order is merely the absence of the horrible destruction that beings like Vaatu...or the Four personify. Order is important but so is balance. Giving a frameworks for life to develop around it. She is NOT a threat to human endevours. I think she'd rather like Sigmar...or Taal, Ulric, or any of the other gods of the Empire if she communicated with them."

"Explain please... how is she on a more direct line with you?"

I look around and take him aside then I tell him an abbreviated story of Wan and how he had interrupted Raava and Vaatu's fight and to make amends he swore to help her put him down again. Eventually Vaatu, feeding off the power of the Chaos and destruction he'd wreaked on the world was too powerful for either to fight alone. So in a moment of desperation Wan allowed Raava to inhabit his body and acting in tandem they managed to lock Vaatu away so that he could no longer be a threat to the world. After that Raava has been a part of every Avatar since then for thousands of years.

I hope he takes that well otherwise I get ready to run...again.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He's as tense as boulder.

I just leave it for a moment. Sympathetic comforting.

"I know."

"Aye...if she has kin anywhere it'd be Karaz-a-Karak we start looking."

I nod.

*Whimper*

"Come on. One more time."

Well first you need to finish your trek along the Dwarf road....to speed things up I'll roll.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4761171/

93...ouch...

Fuck you. Your luck is rubbing off on me.

Well you're final stop before you enter the Border Princes is the hold of Kazad Haz-Drazh-Kadrin...and the outside of it is SWARMING with Goblins...you can see smoke in the horizon...apparently the town of Munzig is on fire....

"... Kill 'em All."

Time to show these Goblins what an "Angry God" looks like... (and go full fucking Metal on their asses)

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 8 2939030-aang_avatar_aang_31177437_1024_768

Thank you for the wonderful example, Aang...

...true...news like retaking Marianburg WOULD be huge.

Yeah.

"The border princes are an affront to the decency of all civilized people...that and it's a porous gateway to the Green Skin infested badlands."

"Yet almost impossible to properly pacify.

I shake my head.  "Raava is not like that.  In her eyes, order is merely the absence of the horrible destruction that beings like Vaatu...or the Four personify.  Order is important but so is balance. Giving a frameworks for life to develop around it.  She is NOT a threat to human endevours.  I think she'd rather like Sigmar...or Taal, Ulric, or any of the other gods of the Empire if she communicated with them."

I was, once... I learned.

I look around and take him aside then I tell him an abbreviated story of Wan and how he had interrupted Raava and Vaatu's fight and to make amends he swore to help her put him down again.  Eventually Vaatu, feeding off the power of the Chaos and destruction he'd wreaked on the world was too powerful for either to fight alone.  So in a moment of desperation Wan allowed Raava to inhabit his body and acting in tandem they managed to lock Vaatu away so that he could no longer be a threat to the world.  After that Raava has been a part of every Avatar since then for thousands of years.

I hope he takes that well otherwise I get ready to run...again.

"So what you are telling me is your God has bound her very essence to your being? I'm sorry, but I find that hard to believe."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I just leave it for a moment. Sympathetic comforting.

"I know."

Sad moment.

I nod.

Right.

"Come on. One more time."

She whimpers again but she also stands up ready to go.

Fuck you. Your luck is rubbing off on me.

Sorry.

"... Kill 'em All."

Time to show these Goblins what an "Angry God" looks like... (and go full fucking Metal on their asses)

Master of the Elements:  You in the Warhammer World Mk. II - Page 8 2939030-aang_avatar_aang_31177437_1024_768

Thank you for the wonderful example, Aang...

The walking mushrooms don't know what hit them. Frozen, burnt, crushed, or blasted chunks of goblins, wolves, and a few gigantic spiders are sent flying in all directions, painting the local terrain with their gore.

It's over within minutes and 5000 goblins of the Blackvenom Forest Goblin tribe are dead and the remnants are shattered for a good long while yet.

All's silent until a voice calls out.

"Alright whatever the hell you are. One more step and we'll fire!"

Seems they're more than a little nervous at the goddam force of nature they just saw.

Yeah.

We'll see.

"Yet almost impossible to properly pacify.

Because of the tough passes and lack of resources to redirect there....after gaining the wealth of Marianburg...

I was, once... I learned.

I stand corrected....but no need to let him know THAT right?

"So what you are telling me is your God has bound her very essence to your being? I'm sorry, but I find that hard to believe."

"I can prove it if you wish...though not here and not tonight...anywhere private that you would suggest? Tomorrow? Or whenever I have the opportunity?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Brian Boru wrote:The walking mushrooms don't know what hit them.  Frozen, burnt, crushed, or blasted chunks of goblins, wolves, and a few gigantic spiders are sent flying in all directions, painting the local terrain with their gore.

It's over within minutes and 5000 goblins of the Blackvenom Forest Goblin tribe are dead and the remnants are shattered for a good long while yet.

All's silent until a voice calls out.

"Alright whatever the hell you are.  One more step and we'll fire!"

Seems they're more than a little nervous at the goddam force of nature they just saw.

I glance back. "Urgrim, I'm sorry if I killed 'em all before you got a chance too. Rather than me explain, I think it would be best if you spoke to our friend here..."

I do apologize to him for real. I was still angered by finding that girl's remains. This many goblins burning a town kinda... well... he's a slayer, he understand what it means to go a little berserk.

Because of the tough passes and lack of resources to redirect there....after gaining the wealth of Marianburg...

Heh. "True. Though the land there isn't worth much. Too dry."

I stand corrected....but no need to let him know THAT right?

Sometimes honesty is the best course...

"I can prove it if you wish...though not here and not tonight...anywhere private that you would suggest?  Tomorrow?  Or whenever I have the opportunity?"

"Very well. Meet me at the Temple of Sigmar..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:08 am

Psyckosama wrote:I glance back. "Urgrim, I'm sorry if I killed 'em all before you got a chance too. Rather than me explain, I think it would be best if you spoke to our friend here..."

I do apologize to him for real. I was still angered by finding that girl's remains. This many goblins burning a town kinda... well... he's a slayer, he understand what it means to go a little berserk.

He shakes his head, "It's alright manling, finding my doom in a swarm of goblins just does seem enough for me. Besides I'd have done the same as you."

He then steps forward and manages to calm everyone the hell down. Eventually the gates are opened and the king of the hold, an Arik Steelfoot is the first to greet you and thanks you profusely from the bottom of his heart. He also nods his head in respect to Ungrim the Slayer king. Though he's curious why Ungrim is so far South...and alone and what the hell are you and what did you just do? Though in slightly more polite words.

Heh. "True. Though the land there isn't worth much. Too dry."

Interesting....

Sometimes honesty is the best course...

And these people can be...twitchy about creatures from the spirit world. Remember distilled Vaatu is the bare minimum of what they expect. Let's ease them into it.

"Very well. Meet me at the Temple of Sigmar..."

I bow my head. "As you wish, I'll be there tomorrow if I can. If not then I'll send a message when I can be there and I'll arrive punctually."

I then go find Alina and enjoy the rest of the night.

When I get the chance to I head to the temple of Sigmar...I'll hold off trying to talk with the god until I'm sure his priests aren't going to blow a gasket over my existence.

Instead I find Arch-Lector (insertname) and then I show him a slight sample of what having Raava bound to me entails. Just the eyes and the voices if possible. We're trying NOT to make the man piss his pants or faint or full out his hammer or a combination of the three. If you want talk to him then that would be the best time to try.

If successful I say, "Does that answer your doubts for I have no qualms to show some more examples."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:09 am

Brian Boru wrote:He shakes his head, "It's alright manling, finding my doom in a swarm of goblins just does seem enough for me.  Besides I'd have done the same as you."

He then steps forward and manages to calm everyone the hell down.  Eventually the gates are opened and the king of the hold, an Arik Steelfoot is the first to greet you and thanks you profusely from the bottom of his heart.  He also nods his head in respect to Ungrim the Slayer king.  Though he's curious why Ungrim is so far South...and alone and what the hell are you and what did you just do?  Though in slightly more polite words.

I ask Urgrim if he should explain or I.

If I, I tell him the quick basics of the Avatar and that I'm a Friend of Urgrim. And about how I helped them beat Ironhide and he gave me a boon. And that boon is to make his son regent and travel with me until he finds his rightful Doom...

More detail can be said later but first... I'm sure he has wounded and I can help... also...

I put out the fires burning the town.

In general, tend to those in need. Pleasantries can come later. I still have work to do.

And these people can be...twitchy about creatures from the spirit world.  Remember distilled Vaatu is the bare minimum of what they expect.  Let's ease them into it.

You agrees a bit.

I bow my head.  "As you wish, I'll be there tomorrow if I can.  If not then I'll send a message when I can be there and I'll arrive punctually."

He nods and moves away.

I then go find Alina and enjoy the rest of the night.

When I get the chance to I head to the temple of Sigmar...I'll hold off trying to talk with the god until I'm sure his priests aren't going to blow a gasket over my existence.

Well, he's there and you find several priests and a witch hunter. He wants to see your abilities and be sure you're not tainted. He has the assurance of the clerics of Ulric but he wants to be totally sure.

The Witch Hunter looks a little wildeyed.

If successful I say, "Does that answer your doubts for I have no qualms to show some more examples."

He'd like to see more... but the Witch Hunter is trying to insist that you take a couple... tests

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next